• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Discussion Thread

What region should the Rp be held in first?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alola

• Galar

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How do you measure whether of not someone sufficiently bonded with their starter?
You calculate how many days they have had their starter. Multiply it by how many hours they have spent specifically with that Pokémon, then divide it by the amount of moves they have. If it’s over 96.66 then the bond is sufficient enough. My math might be a little bit off though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Name: Avery Carpenter
Trainer Class: Undecided, trying everything
Physical Appearance: Avery has silky, curly black hair that falls just past her shoulders, which is commonly tied back. Her eyes are an emerald green and her skin is pretty pale. She is 5'3" and is very thin with very little muscles.
Clothing: Avery wears a white graphic tee with a green Pokeball shaped into the leaves of a tree on it, it saying "Junior Poke'campers 2029" with blue-jean shorts that stop a few inches above her knees. She has ankle-high white socks with black running shoes. She also wears a nicely organized bag on her back.
Personality: Avery is a friendly person that loves Pokemon dearly, despite the horrors they can commit. She is enthusiastic, often startling Lily and making hasty decisions. She can also be absent minded, forgetting what she is doing halfway through something.
Backstory: She lived a typical life in a big Sinnoh city. Due to this, while the virus effected her life, it wasn't as drastic. It was more of a scary event her parents hid her from, Avery locked in the house until it was all under control.

After bonding was discovered, Avery's parents both bonded with a Pokemon, a Skitty (now Delcatty) for her mom and a Growlithe for her dad. The two wanted to teach her proper safety around Pokemon, thus making her involved in the two's care. They also sent her to Poke'campers summer camp a lot, wanting her to have some knowledge on what to expect in the wilderness in case she wanted to go on the League challenge. Her parents supported her when she chose to bond with a Pokemon, but also decied to point out good options depending on type and temperament. Her parents and her decied to go with a Newborn Dratini that seemed to be very gentle. Avery spent a week with her Dratini before going out.
Starter: Dratini

Name: Lily
Species: Dratini
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Often lost in thought
Appearance: Lily is quite a bit smaller than usual, as she has stunted growth. Her scales are also a lighter
Moves:
  1. Leer
  2. Wrap
  3. Twister
  4. Thunder Wave
Name: Hilda Floccecy
Trainer Class: Normal-type trainer/Country musician
Physical Appearance: Hilda has light tan skin due to her time out in the sun. Her hair is brown and long, typically kept pulled back in a ponytail. Her eyes are blue. She stands at about 5'5" and has a slender, but muscular build due to hard work.
Clothing: She wears a plad red and yellow button-up shirt with faded blue jeans. She also has brown boots and a straw hat. She also has a brown belt. No other accessories.
Personality: Hilda is friendly but stubborn. She says just how it is, and will make a good friend to just about anyone due to her loyalty. However she very blunt. If she says something is wrong, then there is something wrong. She has no care for your feelings when it comes to the truth.

She has a slight fear of Pokemon that she hides well from the days during the Pokemon Rampage. Although that period is over, she still sometimes freezes up around Pokemon, though she has learned to use this fear to push her to act nowadays due to working so closely with them.
Backstory: Hilda was born on the Floccecy Ranch, where her family raised multiple kinds of Pokemon. She was homeschooled, her parents wanting her to have experience at the ranch working to develop a good work ethic while she did her schoolwork and not have to worry about a longer walk. She started helping out at around six, two years before the virus.
Then, the virus came into effect when she was eight. Her mom was killed during the chaos, by her father's second best Stoutland, nonetheless. Her father eventually discovered bonding and got the Pokemon back under control for his ranch, after some help from the stronger trainers of Unova. Although the ranch was once more under control, the damage was done. Multiple of the ranch hands were dead and several were too terrified to work so closely with so many Pokemon. Those that stayed, though, had a bond with a calming Pokemon. Hilda was rightfully terrified, but her dad encouraged her to continue working. So she did.

For the past ten years, she has worked closely with Pokemon. She knows Pokemon riding, lassoing, and some banjo, learning the instrument in her off time. Two years ago she got her first bond, a Lilipup named Felix. She chose to stay behind at the farm to help a little more and to get closer to the Puppy Pokemon (keeping him away from the dangers of a Pokemon Rancher).
Starter: Felix the Lilipup

Name: Felix
Species: Lilipup
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Likes to bark at everything Highly curious
Appearance: Felix is a bit larger than usual, being the strongest of his litter. He also has a red collar.
Moves:

1. Leer
  2. Tackle
  3. Work Up
  4. Bite
  5. Baby Doll Eyes
  6. Odor Sluth

That was fun. Done with these monsters.

Proposition to lower getting a guaranteed Pokémon with the hidden ability we want to the third gym? We’re likely gonna have to have at least four Pokémon before the fourth gym if we go by this roadmap. Those of us who want more Pokémon with hidden abilities will have to either grind for it beforehand, essentially making the guaranteed one pointless or sacrifice a build that we might want. Plus according to the roadmap, we get our fourth Pokémon after the third gym anyways while we only get our fifth after the fifth gym instead of the fourth for some reason.
I agree with this since it’ll take some time for the egg to hatch too. If they gave us super incubators or something I could see it working out

I think the system established is good. If you want an HA that bad, then too bad, grind for it. Being a competitive trainer isn't supposed to be easy specially in an rp that is clearly design to make things challenging. If you gotta advance a bit slower than the rest but you're getting the Pokemon you want then I think that sounds fair. Trying to get the perfect team but looking for a shortcut to it is kinda killing the challenge I feel this rp is going to provide.
And that's all I have to say about that.

Proposition to lower getting a guaranteed Pokémon with the hidden ability we want to the third gym? We’re likely gonna have to have at least four Pokémon before the fourth gym if we go by this roadmap. Those of us who want more Pokémon with hidden abilities will have to either grind for it beforehand, essentially making the guaranteed one pointless or sacrifice a build that we might want. Plus according to the roadmap, we get our fourth Pokémon after the third gym anyways while we only get our fifth after the fifth gym instead of the fourth for some reason.
Well, yes. Making you grind it is the point.

The guaranteed hidden ability pokemon is good for whatever Pokemon you want, 100% guaranteed.

There will be many, many, many, opportunities to obtain Pokemon with hidden abilities. The thing that's not guaranteed is whether it'll be a Pokemon you want. You're not guaranteed to get a Pokemon you want in a horde encounter or hidden grotto and you're not even guaranteed to catch it even if you do successfully encounter something you want. The tournaments give you a lot more leverage to choose what pokemon you want since the restrictions are looser, but you're also probably going to have to compete against all the other OCs to get it.

Your perfect Hidden Ability and Egg move mon is probably going to be something with a strong competitive edge, so I'm not keen on handing it to any very early.

Protean Grininjas, Libero Scorbunnies, Mirror Armor Corviknights, etc.

If you want to build a team out of Hidden Ability pokemon you're entirely free to, but you will need to put in some effort. These are supposed to be rare after all.

All that said, your proposition isn't entirely unreasonable so if a fair number of others do agree then I don't mind.
How do you measure whether of not someone sufficiently bonded with their starter?
I'm not sure what the question is. Do you mean...friendship values?

The Synchronization Bond itself is fully formed after you've bonded the first time. The bond itself is mostly just a mechanic to interact with your pokemon.

Name: Avery Carpenter
Trainer Class: Undecided, trying everything
Physical Appearance: Avery has silky, curly black hair that falls just past her shoulders, which is commonly tied back. Her eyes are an emerald green and her skin is pretty pale. She is 5'3" and is very thin with very little muscles.
Clothing: Avery wears a white graphic tee with a green Pokeball shaped into the leaves of a tree on it, it saying "Junior Poke'campers 2029" with blue-jean shorts that stop a few inches above her knees. She has ankle-high white socks with black running shoes. She also wears a nicely organized bag on her back.
Personality: Avery is a friendly person that loves Pokemon dearly, despite the horrors they can commit. She is enthusiastic, often startling Lily and making hasty decisions. She can also be absent minded, forgetting what she is doing halfway through something.
Backstory: She lived a typical life in a big Sinnoh city. Due to this, while the virus effected her life, it wasn't as drastic. It was more of a scary event her parents hid her from, Avery locked in the house until it was all under control.

After bonding was discovered, Avery's parents both bonded with a Pokemon, a Skitty (now Delcatty) for her mom and a Growlithe for her dad. The two wanted to teach her proper safety around Pokemon, thus making her involved in the two's care. They also sent her to Poke'campers summer camp a lot, wanting her to have some knowledge on what to expect in the wilderness in case she wanted to go on the League challenge. Her parents supported her when she chose to bond with a Pokemon, but also decied to point out good options depending on type and temperament. Her parents and her decied to go with a Newborn Dratini that seemed to be very gentle. Avery spent a week with her Dratini before going out.
Starter: Dratini

Name: Lily
Species: Dratini
Ability: Shed Skin
Nature: Gentle
Characteristic: Often lost in thought
Appearance: Lily is quite a bit smaller than usual, as she has stunted growth. Her scales are also a lighter
Moves:
  1. Leer
  2. Wrap
  3. Twister
  4. Thunder Wave
Name: Hilda Floccecy
Trainer Class: Normal-type trainer/Country musician
Physical Appearance: Hilda has light tan skin due to her time out in the sun. Her hair is brown and long, typically kept pulled back in a ponytail. Her eyes are blue. She stands at about 5'5" and has a slender, but muscular build due to hard work.
Clothing: She wears a plad red and yellow button-up shirt with faded blue jeans. She also has brown boots and a straw hat. She also has a brown belt. No other accessories.
Personality: Hilda is friendly but stubborn. She says just how it is, and will make a good friend to just about anyone due to her loyalty. However she very blunt. If she says something is wrong, then there is something wrong. She has no care for your feelings when it comes to the truth.

She has a slight fear of Pokemon that she hides well from the days during the Pokemon Rampage. Although that period is over, she still sometimes freezes up around Pokemon, though she has learned to use this fear to push her to act nowadays due to working so closely with them.
Backstory: Hilda was born on the Floccecy Ranch, where her family raised multiple kinds of Pokemon. She was homeschooled, her parents wanting her to have experience at the ranch working to develop a good work ethic while she did her schoolwork and not have to worry about a longer walk. She started helping out at around six, two years before the virus.
Then, the virus came into effect when she was eight. Her mom was killed during the chaos, by her father's second best Stoutland, nonetheless. Her father eventually discovered bonding and got the Pokemon back under control for his ranch, after some help from the stronger trainers of Unova. Although the ranch was once more under control, the damage was done. Multiple of the ranch hands were dead and several were too terrified to work so closely with so many Pokemon. Those that stayed, though, had a bond with a calming Pokemon. Hilda was rightfully terrified, but her dad encouraged her to continue working. So she did.

For the past ten years, she has worked closely with Pokemon. She knows Pokemon riding, lassoing, and some banjo, learning the instrument in her off time. Two years ago she got her first bond, a Lilipup named Felix. She chose to stay behind at the farm to help a little more and to get closer to the Puppy Pokemon (keeping him away from the dangers of a Pokemon Rancher).
Starter: Felix the Lilipup

Name: Felix
Species: Lilipup
Ability: Pickup
Nature: Rash
Characteristic: Likes to bark at everything Highly curious
Appearance: Felix is a bit larger than usual, being the strongest of his litter. He also has a red collar.
Moves:

1. Leer
  2. Tackle
  3. Work Up
  4. Bite
  5. Baby Doll Eyes
  6. Odor Sluth

That was fun. Done with these monsters.
Look's great! Accepted.
I think the system established is good. If you want an HA that bad, then too bad, grind for it. Being a competitive trainer isn't supposed to be easy specially in an rp that is clearly design to make things challenging. If you gotta advance a bit slower than the rest but you're getting the Pokemon you want then I think that sounds fair. Trying to get the perfect team but looking for a shortcut to it is kinda killing the challenge I feel this rp is going to provide.
And that's all I have to say about that.
Couldn't have said it any better myself.
I agree with this since it’ll take some time for the egg to hatch too. If they gave us super incubators or something I could see it working out
You will have incubators and you won't be given eggs that were freshly lain or anything. Most eggs you receive will already be close to hatching.

I don't see the point in making you wait for an egg to hatch when you'll already have to take some time to train up your newly hatched Pokemon to match your likely evolved and trained team. That's enough of a stop-gap imo.
Alright well I missed this lol

I'll read it and work on a bio ASAP
Take your time, ask any questions you want!

Last edited:
For people that want to game the system, but haven't figured out how to yet; let me spell it out for you.

To maximize your chances of filling your team with Hidden Ability/Egg Move Pokemon, you just need to become Paul. Capture the species of Pokemon you want to get a Hidden Ability for in the regular world, then cross your fingers and hope that RNG has your desired Pokemon spawn sometime soon™.

Just make sure you've stacked up on Love Balls before hand because they have a x8 catch rate multiplier to Pokemon of the same species, which would double or more your chances of catching a Hidden Ability/Egg Move Pokemon.

Ensure to take a bath afterward, it'll wash off all the filth you've accumulated by being such a douche trainer.

upload_2021-5-23_3-54-0.png

Edit:

FAQ has been updated with the catch rate formula and explanation.

Last edited:
I suppose my question was, if I decided to eventually go down the path of the Z-Move: Have a trainer from Alola, give a reason he has a Z-Ring the whole nine yards. Should I have said item even if my Pokemon is just in its earliest stage? Or obtain it later down the line when the Pokemon is closer to using it.

Basically am I allowed to begin with a Z-Ring even if I will be a long way from using it?

I suppose my question was, if I decided to eventually go down the path of the Z-Move: Have a trainer from Alola, give a reason he has a Z-Ring the whole nine yards. Should I have said item even if my Pokemon is just in its earliest stage? Or obtain it later down the line when the Pokemon is closer to using it.

Basically am I allowed to begin with a Z-Ring even if I will be a long way from using it?
I don't believe it contradicts Pokecharm's rules, so I'd say go ahead.

Name: Noah Ashville

Trainer Class: Trainer

Physical Appearance:
Noah has brown hair, similar to milk chocolate in hue. It’s cut to mid length, so that while it can be styled in a few different ways when he bothers to do so, which isn’t often, it doesn’t get in his face too much when he lets it do its own thing. His eyes are a pale blue tone, and while they can seem as cold as ice when he’s upset, they also hold the warmth of a springtime sky. He‘s decently tall at 5’10, but he isn’t the most physically fit, and is only very lightly tanned.

Clothing: His preferred outfit is one of a couple pairs of loose jeans, one of which is worn thin near the knees, combined with a black graphic tee, displaying stylized representations of Latios and Latias, with the words ‘Jet Set Run’ beneath the image. He carries several other outfits with him, including two pairs of plain shorts, several more graphic tees and a gray hoodie with a diagram of the parts of a Pokéball across the back.
He wears a pair of sturdy but comfortable black tennisshoes with red accenting. His bag is a fairly standard travel pack, but clipped onto one of the loops is a key ring that looks like a Klefki.
On his wrist is a white watch, which is oddly indented in the center but still functions perfectly fine.

Personality:
Noah walks the line between introversion and extroversion, being friendly enough to anyone (under normal circumstances) but only really needing a small circle of close friends. He’s pretty easy to get along with, although he does have a few things he will object to.
He is coming to the Bronze League with high hopes and passion, and he has the knowledge to back it up. He’s a big nerd for battles, and has watched hundreds upon hundreds of replays of official league matches. He has a pretty good memory as well, and he hopes to recall strategies used by the great battlers and adapt them for his own use.

Backstory:
When Noah was little, he would always watch the league battles on TV. Gym Battles, tournaments, even challenges against the champions. He wanted to be like those people on TV when he grew up, working so closely with their Pokemon and engaging in the most epic challenges.
But then the crisis happened. The world changed, as did his life. His family escaped their small town home and moved to a bigger city to avoid the threat. His parents, who once supported his hopes of becoming a trainer, reversed their opinions on Pokemon. Even when the world calmed down, they still told him that he should simply put aside his childhood dream and find a good paying job. Eventually, though, he persuaded them to let him participate in the Bronze League, although they would not give their blessings.
However, he doesn't mind all that much. He finally gets a chance. And while that's a little scary, he's willing to take that risk.

Noah was raised in a small community in the south of Sinnoh. His father worked on a fishing boat, acting as a crew member and taking out trainers to search for rare water types. His mother had quit her job when he was born so she could take care of him.

They were a simple family, and happy with it. Noah learned quickly, and it seemed like no time at all to his parents before he was off to school for the first time. He grew, learned, and had fun. And while going out on the boat with his dad or helping his mom with chores were fun in their own ways, what he really looked forward to was TV time in the evenings. Sometimes there were only cartoons on, but other nights there were the League Battles. Noah loved watching those. He would sit on the carpet, sprawled out on the carpet with a snack and maybe a friend, and watch as strong trainers and Pokémon made battling history.
He decided that he would do that too, when he grew up.

He made all kinds of plans, babbling on and on to his parents about what kind of Pokémon he wanted to catch and which trainers he wanted to fight. They would always laugh and encourage him, saying that they knew he would be a great trainer when the time came.

Time went on, Noah got older, and the world began to change. Rumors and whispers of berserk Pokémon reached the town, and sometimes Noah’s parents would whisper about it when they thought he wasn’t listening. He never understood quite what was going on until one fateful day, when his mother picked him up from school and, instead of driving home, hurried down to the docks where his father’s boat normally docked.

The beach was mostly empty, except for a few men with wet clothes and terror in their eyes. The boat was nowhere to be seen, and when Noah finally spotted his father, it was to see him leaning over an unmoving body.

His mother told him to go back to the car and wait there. It was half an hour before his parents came back, and the blood slowly drying around the cut on his father’s forehead and the grief on both their faces made Noah’s stomach tie itself in knots. Once they had gotten in the car, he was told how the boat had been attacked by an enormous Gyarados, and how one of his father’s closest friends hadn’t made it to shore alive.

The next day, he was told that they were moving.

A month later, they were in a new house in Hearthome City, and his parents were looking for jobs. His whole world had changed. And it didn’t regain a semblance of normalcy for quite some time.

When the world at large began to stabilize once more, Noah returned to his dream of becoming a trainer, but his parents no longer supported it. They didn’t trust Pokémon anymore. Unlike certain neighbors of theirs, the Carpenters, who Noah found himself visiting more often since they had Pokémon around.

With the installation of the Bronze League, Noah pleaded with his parents to allow him to participate and begin preparing for it. He wanted to attend summer camp like the neighbors’ daughter, but this his parents would not allow it. All he could do was research and learn what he could at home, continue to make plans, and hope that he could change his parents’ minds.

In time, they found themselves unable to refuse. They begrudgingly told him that they couldn’t stop him from participating, but warned him against it profusely. Noah didn’t care, he knew what he wanted, what he had wanted for his whole life.

He persuaded them in time to be able go to the last summer camp before he could participate in the Bronze League. He was glad to get at least a little camping experience before everything began. From then on, his spare time was all dedicated to preparation. He knew he needed to do it this year, before his parents could change their minds again.

And with everything prepared, he was ready to take his first steps on the path to his dream.

Inventory:
—Money: $5,000, as permitted by the League regulations.
-Clothes and accessories.
-A travel sleeping bag which can be rolled up tightly to help conserve space, and is mostly waterproofed.
-A ‘good luck charm’ in the form of a shirt he had when he was a kid, a souvenir from the first big league battle he got to watch in person. Its far too small for him to wear, but it holds many joyous memories.
-A book about wild berries and herbs.
-A long coil of rope.
-A small kit with toiletries, although some things will have to be re-stocked as they run out.
-A pair of black fingerless gloves, which he doesn't often wear but keeps in case they're needed.
-Several rubbery-plastic utensils and a medium sized skillet, which is normally tucked beneath the sleeping bag. The handle is removable, and can be reattached by screwing it in.
-Two water bottles, one strapped on each side of his bag for easy access and to conserve space inside.

Starter:

Name: Stella
Species: Ralts
Ability: Trace
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Att)
Characteristic: Alert to sounds
Appearance: Pretty standard for a Ralts, although the horns on her head are slightly more elongated than average.
Moves:
- Double Team
- Teleport
- Confusion
- Disarming Voice

Last edited:
Name: Noah Ashville

Trainer Class: Trainer

Physical Appearance:
Noah has brown hair, similar to milk chocolate in hue. It’s cut to mid length, so that while it can be styled in a few different ways when he bothers to do so, which isn’t often, it doesn’t get in his face too much when he lets it do its own thing. His eyes are a pale blue tone, and while they can seem as cold as ice when he’s upset, they also hold the warmth of a springtime sky. He‘s decently tall at 5’10, but he isn’t the most physically fit, and is only very lightly tanned.

Clothing: His preferred outfit is one of a couple pairs of loose jeans, one of which is worn thin near the knees, combined with a black graphic tee, displaying stylized representations of Latios and Latias, with the words ‘Jet Set Run’ beneath the image. He carries several other outfits with him, including two pairs of plain shorts, several more graphic tees and a gray hoodie with a diagram of the parts of a Pokéball across the back.
He wears a pair of sturdy but comfortable black tennisshoes with red accenting. His bag is a fairly standard travel pack, but clipped onto one of the loops is a key ring that looks like a Klefki.
On his wrist is a white watch, which is oddly indented in the center but still functions perfectly fine.

Personality:
Noah walks the line between introversion and extroversion, being friendly enough to anyone (under normal circumstances) but only really needing a small circle of close friends. He’s pretty easy to get along with, although he does have a few things he will object to.
He is coming to the Bronze League with high hopes and passion, and he has the knowledge to back it up. He’s a big nerd for battles, and has watched hundreds upon hundreds of replays of official league matches. He has a pretty good memory as well, and he hopes to recall strategies used by the great battlers and adapt them for his own use.

Backstory:
When Noah was little, he would always watch the league battles on TV. Gym Battles, tournaments, even challenges against the champions. He wanted to be like those people on TV when he grew up, working so closely with their Pokemon and engaging in the most epic challenges.
But then the crisis happened. The world changed, as did his life. His family escaped their small town home and moved to a bigger city to avoid the threat. His parents, who once supported his hopes of becoming a trainer, reversed their opinions on Pokemon. Even when the world calmed down, they still told him that he should simply put aside his childhood dream and find a good paying job. Eventually, though, he persuaded them to let him participate in the Bronze League, although they would not give their blessings.
However, he doesn't mind all that much. He finally gets a chance. And while that's a little scary, he's willing to take that risk.

Noah was raised in a small community in the south of Sinnoh. His father worked on a fishing boat, acting as a crew member and taking out trainers to search for rare water types. His mother had quit her job when he was born so she could take care of him.

They were a simple family, and happy with it. Noah learned quickly, and it seemed like no time at all to his parents before he was off to school for the first time. He grew, learned, and had fun. And while going out on the boat with his dad or helping his mom with chores were fun in their own ways, what he really looked forward to was TV time in the evenings. Sometimes there were only cartoons on, but other nights there were the League Battles. Noah loved watching those. He would sit on the carpet, sprawled out on the carpet with a snack and maybe a friend, and watch as strong trainers and Pokémon made battling history.
He decided that he would do that too, when he grew up.

He made all kinds of plans, babbling on and on to his parents about what kind of Pokémon he wanted to catch and which trainers he wanted to fight. They would always laugh and encourage him, saying that they knew he would be a great trainer when the time came.

Time went on, Noah got older, and the world began to change. Rumors and whispers of berserk Pokémon reached the town, and sometimes Noah’s parents would whisper about it when they thought he wasn’t listening. He never understood quite what was going on until one fateful day, when his mother picked him up from school and, instead of driving home, hurried down to the docks where his father’s boat normally docked.

The beach was mostly empty, except for a few men with wet clothes and terror in their eyes. The boat was nowhere to be seen, and when Noah finally spotted his father, it was to see him leaning over an unmoving body.

His mother told him to go back to the car and wait there. It was half an hour before his parents came back, and the blood slowly drying around the cut on his father’s forehead and the grief on both their faces made Noah’s stomach tie itself in knots. Once they had gotten in the car, he was told how the boat had been attacked by an enormous Gyarados, and how one of his father’s closest friends hadn’t made it to shore alive.

The next day, he was told that they were moving.

A month later, they were in a new house in Hearthome City, and his parents were looking for jobs. His whole world had changed. And it didn’t regain a semblance of normalcy for quite some time.

When the world at large began to stabilize once more, Noah returned to his dream of becoming a trainer, but his parents no longer supported it. They didn’t trust Pokémon anymore. Unlike certain neighbors of theirs, the Carpenters, who Noah found himself visiting more often since they had Pokémon around.

With the installation of the Bronze League, Noah pleaded with his parents to allow him to participate and begin preparing for it. He wanted to attend summer camp like the neighbors’ daughter, but this his parents would not allow it. All he could do was research and learn what he could at home, continue to make plans, and hope that he could change his parents’ minds.

In time, they found themselves unable to refuse. They begrudgingly told him that they couldn’t stop him from participating, but warned him against it profusely. Noah didn’t care, he knew what he wanted, what he had wanted for his whole life.

He persuaded them in time to be able go to the last summer camp before he could participate in the Bronze League. He was glad to get at least a little camping experience before everything began. From then on, his spare time was all dedicated to preparation. He knew he needed to do it this year, before his parents could change their minds again.

And with everything prepared, he was ready to take his first steps on the path to his dream.

Inventory:
—Money: $5,000, as permitted by the League regulations.
-Clothes.
-A travel sleeping bag which can be rolled up tightly to help conserve space.
-A ‘good luck charm’ in the form of a shirt he had when he was a kid, a souvenir from the first big league battle he got to watch in person. Its far too small for him to wear, but it holds many joyous memories.
-A book about wild berries and herbs.
- I will be adding a few more items in the future as I decide them, but I want to go ahead and get this bio up XD

Starter:

Name: Stella
Nature: Timid (+Speed, -Att)
Appearance: Pretty standard for a Ralts, although the horns on her head are slightly more elongated than average.
Moves:
- Double Team
- Teleport
- Confusion
- Disarming Voice
Looks great, accepted o7

Since natures are optional they'll act more like personality/quirks rather than affecting stats. Just making that clear.

Name: Acer Voland

Trainer Class: Battler

Physical Appearance: Acer is a fair-skinned Kalos native that stands at a decent height of 5’11”. Reflecting the ocean are the same aqua blue eyes that Acer shares with his mother. Although Acer has a slim body figure, participation in constant physical activities like sports allowed him to maintain his toned muscles. Topping it all off is his short, messy black hair with some strands falling just below his eye brows.

Clothing: Acer doesn’t stress too much about clothing, but being the sibling of a Pokémon Performer keeps him making sure to at least look presentable as well. For this journey, his outfit of choice is a white cotton t-shirt with three black stripes extending down from the neck to each of the short sleeves. On the left side of the shirt, where his heart would be, is also a small black pokeball symbol. Underneath is a three quarters black shirt that goes only a little past the sleeves of the first shirt, leaving most of his forearms out and visible. Below that is his black patched flap pocket cargo pants and then a pair of black high top sneakers with white soles. As for accessories, he wears a single black wrist band, made from a cotton-nylon-polester blend material, on his left wrist with the colored red-white symbol of a pokeball on it. Over his head is also a black cap with an azure blue visor to match the color of his eyes and the silhouette of the lumiose city gym in white on the front panel. Lastly, around his neck is a silver necklace he got during a vacation to Johto.

Personality: With a goal to be one of the strongest and rise up the ranks of the United League, one has to be ambitious and have the competitive drive to go along with it. Acer might seem a bit lax to some, but he is serious about his goals. Even a bit cocky or reckless at times. Though, for the most part, he is open to talking with anyone and won’t bother someone unless they get in his way. Due to never having his own Pokémon, being able to establish that first synchronization bond concerns him just a bit. Of course, he knows the most important thing is the bond between trainer and Pokémon.

Backstory: Acer was born into a family of two criminals. 22 years ago, in the Hoenn region, his young parents at the time had been on opposing sides. His father was on Team Magma and his mother was on Team Aqua. Both of them firmly believed the ideals of their teams after going through rough childhoods of their own. Though they were at odds at first, through repeated encounters, the attraction between them began to grow. However, being on two rivaling teams meant any sort of relationship beyond fighting was essentially forbidden. Yet, this just increased their desire to be with each other more. The added risk of getting caught just seemed to make their entanglement more thrilling than it already was. Eventually, as the story went, Team Aqua and Magma would be taken down by a ten year old boy. Seeing as their time was running short and not wanting to stay on the run for any longer, the couple made the hard decision to leave before it was too late. Many of their allies would go into hiding as well, hoping that one day they would be able to rise up once again.

The young pair fled to the region of Sinnoh and three years later, they found themselves intertwined with the likes of Team Galactic. The young pair found themselves intrigued with the ideology of Cyrus. The leader of Team Galactic wanted to reshape the world without spirit using the legendary time and space Pokémon. He would wipe out this present world and create a new, perfected world. Knowing that Cyrus would have the power to make change, they sided with Team Galactic. Unfortunately, their time there wouldn’t last long as Acer’s mother became pregnant with his older sister. The baby soon became the priority for the young couple, and with yet another ten year old boy disrupting the goals of their team, they chose to flee once again. Fortunately, their allies were understanding and the pair promised they would always remain loyal to the goal of Team Galactic, even in the shadows.

Finally, they settled in Kalos and one year later, in Lumiose City, they were blessed with a baby boy. For those first three years, his parents grew increasingly interested in the growing business of Lysander. Having gained the pleasure of meeting the businessman one day, they found themselves sharing similar beliefs. Lysander was also a man who wanted to create a perfect world in his own way. He would save the world by exterminating every human and pokemon not a part of Team Flare to keep the planet’s limited resources from running out. After pledging their loyalty, Lysander was generous enough to offer them protection from any investigation on them. Having two toddlers meant they had limits with how much they could assist so as employees, they only worked on business matters relating to Lysander’s company. Through this partnership, they were also able to make acquaintances with Malva, who was a secret member of Team Flare. Once the organization fell apart, Malva used her position as a member of the elite four to protect as many identities as she could without revealing herself and the couple was very grateful.

Acer was only five when the world began to change. Being in the city meant they had more protection than most. Yet, the rare shrill shrieks from those unfortunate enough to be turned into a meal were still unforgettable. For those first few weeks, while many lived in fear, Acer’s parents saw this as an opportunity. This overabundance of energy from Pokémon had the potential to be harnessed as a resource capable of powering the world for generations. The only sacrifice being the Pokémon themselves. Considering each of the groups they were allied with planned to make great sacrifices, this idea should align with the goals of those capable of making change.

However, there were two problems. It had been 12 years since there was an organization willing to push forward with their ideals. It wasn’t that hard to assume that the changes in the current world made it difficult to operate. Trainers and Pokémon had grown increasingly strong and the United League was a leading factor in producing the world’s most powerful trainers. In this era, strong trainers and primarily those in high ranking positions were the only ones capable of making change. They needed people to infiltrate those ranks. The next problem was those who were capable of organizing such forces were all either locked away or missing. It would be up to their loyal followers to do something. With their hands tied, this responsibility would instead be passed on to their children. Once those leaders were free of their shackles, the many remnants scattered across the regions should hopefully rise up from the ashes once more and create a new world.

Acer’s parents decided to use their children as well and started with their beautiful daughter. Since bonding with Pokémon was restricted until age 17, she could not become a Pokémon Performer until then. Instead, she started to work on becoming a Poké Idol by relying on herself and once she was 17, she was able to transition into becoming a Performer with a solid following. Her goal was to eventually become Kalos Queen. Then she would be able to use her strong influence to get many people to align with the idea of creating a new world, or at least that’s what their parents wanted. As for Acer, they wanted him to focus on rising up the ranks of the United League. That wasn’t a concern considering it was a goal of Acer’s to become one of the world’s strongest trainers. Whether or not he would help spread their ideals was another thing.

Growing up, while his parents would constantly try to push their ideals onto their children as they grew older, Acer usually just nodded off. He doubted the stuff they said would actually happen so didn’t really take it too seriously. The boy was more interested in other things, such as the United League. Like most, Acer kept up with the regional races with the media keeping up with the more notable competitors. In school, at work, and even on dates, you’d be hard pressed to find someone in the city who didn’t know at least something about the league. Everyone had their own favorite competitor and bets on who would make it the furthest. It will all be a build up to the regional festival conference, where the best coordinators or trainers face off to determine the regional champion in their respective areas. Then like usual, while the media would try to build it up, the regional champion would meet their crushing defeat at the hands of the elite four. It was a rarity to see someone make it as far as to face the Champion. An even greater rarity for the challenger to actually win that battle. While watching all those intense battles was exhilarating, he usually found himself feeling unsatisfied by the end. Like he had only gotten a taste of the true power wielded by some of the strongest trainers in the world. Why was it that so many trainers plateaued at Platinum Rank? There had to be something that separated them from the Master ranks.

Acer didn’t know much until Aunt Malva, as he called her, came for a visit. He knew she was a family friend somehow, but more importantly, she was a member of the elite four in Kalos. Surely she knew something that most trainers did not. When Acer got the opportunity to question her about it, she in turn asked him if he planned to enter the Bronze League. Though he answered a bit hesitantly, it was still enough to please the pink-haired woman. She told him that he would find out if he entered. The only way to understand how to become a great trainer would be to become one himself. So Acer decided there that he would become the strongest. The claim only caused Malva to snicker before she gave him one last piece of advice. One of the key traits that separates the masters from the rest is not just the strength of their Pokémon, but also the strength of their bond. It went without saying that there is a limit to how much a Pokémon is willing to do if they can’t fully trust their trainer. The same could be said the other way around. Of course, without ever having his own synchronization bond with a Pokémon, Acer was a bit skeptical but gave her the benefit of the doubt.

This mindset of Malva surprisingly contrasted the ideologies of his parents. To them, pokemon were simply tools to be used by humans to change the world. Once their energy was used, they would be discarded. There would be no need for Pokémon in the new world. A peaceful world with only humans to share resources with. However, Acer couldn’t imagine a world without Pokémon. His parents did have some solid points, but like who in their right mind would want to live in a world without Pokémon? While his parents saw the league as a way to push their ideals forward, Acer saw it as something else. A challenge. Acer wanted to be in those shoes and experience the thrill of a high stakes battle. He also wanted to gain the respect of the strongest and do what most struggled to achieve, become a trainer that could not only combat the master, but also potentially rival even the legends.

Starter: Ralts

Name: Zola

Nature: Adamant

Appearance: A normal looking Ralts

Moves: Confusion, Teleport, Double Team, Hypnosis, Disarming Voice, Growl

Just in case anyone is confused about the timeline:

FRLG/ORAS > 3y > HGSS/Platinum > 2y > BW > 2y > BW2/XY > 2y > USUM/SwSh

The events of FRLG/ORAS to SuMO/SwSh is 9 years. Then adding 12 years makes it 21 years in total.

I feel like Acer and Noah could be quite the rivals if they ever meet. It sounds like they're both aiming to become strong battlers, XD.
Yeah, I can definitely see them crossing paths as rivals since they have similar goals. If not during the race, then most likely at the first conference. Oh and they both also have a Ralts too which could lead to competition or some fun interactions between the two lel

Yeah, I can definitely see them crossing paths as rivals since they have similar goals. If not during the race, then most likely at the first conference. Oh and they both also have a Ralts too which could lead to competition or some fun interactions between the two lel

Yeah, until both their starters have evolved and start to diversify some, I can imagine them internally thinking that the other might be copying them. Or not, I'm not sure if my character would think like that honestly. But either way, I'm sure there will be some fun battles or interactions.

Name: Acer Voland

Physical Appearance: Acer is a fair-skinned Kalos native that stands at a decent height of 5’11”. Reflecting the ocean are the same aqua blue eyes that Acer shares with his mother. Although Acer has a slim body figure, participation in constant physical activities like sports allowed him to maintain his toned muscles. Topping it all off is his short, messy black hair with some strands falling just below his eye brows.

Clothing: Acer doesn’t stress too much about clothing, but being the sibling of a Pokémon Performer keeps him making sure to at least look presentable as well. For this journey, his outfit of choice is a white cotton t-shirt with three black stripes extending down from the neck to each of the short sleeves. On the left side of the shirt, where his heart would be, is also a small black pokeball symbol. Underneath is a three quarters black shirt that goes only a little past the sleeves of the first shirt, leaving most of his forearms out and visible. Below that is his black patched flap pocket cargo pants and then a pair of black high top sneakers with white soles. As for accessories, he wears a single black wrist band, made from a cotton-nylon-polester blend material, on his left wrist with the colored red-white symbol of a pokeball on it. Over his head is also a black cap with an azure blue visor to match the color of his eyes and the silhouette of the lumiose city gym in white on the front panel. Lastly, around his neck is a silver necklace he got during a vacation to Johto.

Personality: With a goal to be one of the strongest and rise up the ranks of the United League, one has to be ambitious and have the competitive drive to go along with it. Acer might seem a bit lax to some, but he is serious about his goals. Even a bit cocky or reckless at times. Though, for the most part, he is open to talking with anyone and won’t bother someone unless they get in his way. Due to never having his own Pokémon, being able to establish that first synchronization bond concerns him just a bit. Of course, he knows the most important thing is the bond between trainer and Pokémon.

Backstory: Acer was born into a family of two criminals. 22 years ago, in the Hoenn region, his young parents at the time had been on opposing sides. His father was on Team Magma and his mother was on Team Aqua. Both of them firmly believed the ideals of their teams after going through rough childhoods of their own. Though they were at odds at first, through repeated encounters, the attraction between them began to grow. However, being on two rivaling teams meant any sort of relationship beyond fighting was essentially forbidden. Yet, this just increased their desire to be with each other more. The added risk of getting caught just seemed to make their entanglement more thrilling than it already was. Eventually, as the story went, Team Aqua and Magma would be taken down by a ten year old boy. Seeing as their time was running short and not wanting to stay on the run for any longer, the couple made the hard decision to leave before it was too late. Many of their allies would go into hiding as well, hoping that one day they would be able to rise up once again.

The young pair fled to the region of Sinnoh and three years later, they found themselves intertwined with the likes of Team Galactic. The young pair found themselves intrigued with the ideology of Cyrus. The leader of Team Galactic wanted to reshape the world without spirit using the legendary time and space Pokémon. He would wipe out this present world and create a new, perfected world. Knowing that Cyrus would have the power to make change, they sided with Team Galactic. Unfortunately, their time there wouldn’t last long as Acer’s mother became pregnant with his older sister. The baby soon became the priority for the young couple, and with yet another ten year old boy disrupting the goals of their team, they chose to flee once again. Fortunately, their allies were understanding and the pair promised they would always remain loyal to the goal of Team Galactic, even in the shadows.

Finally, they settled in Kalos and one year later, in Lumiose City, they were blessed with a baby boy. For those first three years, his parents grew increasingly interested in the growing business of Lysander. Having gained the pleasure of meeting the businessman one day, they found themselves sharing similar beliefs. Lysander was also a man who wanted to create a perfect world in his own way. He would save the world by exterminating every human and pokemon not a part of Team Flare to keep the planet’s limited resources from running out. After pledging their loyalty, Lysander was generous enough to offer them protection from any investigation on them. Having two toddlers meant they had limits with how much they could assist so as employees, they only worked on business matters relating to Lysander’s company. Through this partnership, they were also able to make acquaintances with Malva, who was a secret member of Team Flare. Once the organization fell apart, Malva used her position as a member of the elite four to protect as many identities as she could without revealing herself and the couple was very grateful.

Acer was only five when the world began to change. Being in the city meant they had more protection than most. Yet, the rare shrill shrieks from those unfortunate enough to be turned into a meal were still unforgettable. For those first few weeks, while many lived in fear, Acer’s parents saw this as an opportunity. This overabundance of energy from Pokémon had the potential to be harnessed as a resource capable of powering the world for generations. The only sacrifice being the Pokémon themselves. Considering each of the groups they were allied with planned to make great sacrifices, this idea should align with the goals of those capable of making change.

However, there were two problems. It had been 12 years since there was an organization willing to push forward with their ideals. It wasn’t that hard to assume that the changes in the current world made it difficult to operate. Trainers and Pokémon had grown increasingly strong and the United League was a leading factor in producing the world’s most powerful trainers. In this era, strong trainers and primarily those in high ranking positions were the only ones capable of making change. They needed people to infiltrate those ranks. The next problem was those who were capable of organizing such forces were all either locked away or missing. It would be up to their loyal followers to do something. With their hands tied, this responsibility would instead be passed on to their children. Once those leaders were free of their shackles, the many remnants scattered across the regions should hopefully rise up from the ashes once more and create a new world.

Acer’s parents decided to use their children as well and started with their beautiful daughter. Since bonding with Pokémon was restricted until age 17, she could not become a Pokémon Performer until then. Instead, she started to work on becoming a Poké Idol by relying on herself and once she was 17, she was able to transition into becoming a Performer with a solid following. Her goal was to eventually become Kalos Queen. Then she would be able to use her strong influence to get many people to align with the idea of creating a new world, or at least that’s what their parents wanted. As for Acer, they wanted him to focus on rising up the ranks of the United League. That wasn’t a concern considering it was a goal of Acer’s to become one of the world’s strongest trainers. Whether or not he would help spread their ideals was another thing.

Growing up, while his parents would constantly try to push their ideals onto their children as they grew older, Acer usually just nodded off. He doubted the stuff they said would actually happen so didn’t really take it too seriously. The boy was more interested in other things, such as the United League. Like most, Acer kept up with the regional races with the media keeping up with the more notable competitors. In school, at work, and even on dates, you’d be hard pressed to find someone in the city who didn’t know at least something about the league. Everyone had their own favorite competitor and bets on who would make it the furthest. It will all be a build up to the regional festival conference, where the best coordinators or trainers face off to determine the regional champion in their respective areas. Then like usual, while the media would try to build it up, the regional champion would meet their crushing defeat at the hands of the elite four. It was a rarity to see someone make it as far as to face the Champion. An even greater rarity for the challenger to actually win that battle. While watching all those intense battles was exhilarating, he usually found himself feeling unsatisfied by the end. Like he had only gotten a taste of the true power wielded by some of the strongest trainers in the world. Why was it that so many trainers plateaued at Platinum Rank? There had to be something that separated them from the Master ranks.

Acer didn’t know much until Aunt Malva, as he called her, came for a visit. He knew she was a family friend somehow, but more importantly, she was a member of the elite four in Kalos. Surely she knew something that most trainers did not. When Acer got the opportunity to question her about it, she in turn asked him if he planned to enter the Bronze League. Though he answered a bit hesitantly, it was still enough to please the pink-haired woman. She told him that he would find out if he entered. The only way to understand how to become a great trainer would be to become one himself. So Acer decided there that he would become the strongest. The claim only caused Malva to snicker before she gave him one last piece of advice. One of the key traits that separates the masters from the rest is not just the strength of their Pokémon, but also the strength of their bond. It went without saying that there is a limit to how much a Pokémon is willing to do if they can’t fully trust their trainer. The same could be said the other way around. Of course, without ever having his own synchronization bond with a Pokémon, Acer was a bit skeptical but gave her the benefit of the doubt.

This mindset of Malva surprisingly contrasted the ideologies of his parents. To them, pokemon were simply tools to be used by humans to change the world. Once their energy was used, they would be discarded. There would be no need for Pokémon in the new world. A peaceful world with only humans to share resources with. However, Acer couldn’t imagine a world without Pokémon. His parents did have some solid points, but like who in their right mind would want to live in a world without Pokémon? While his parents saw the league as a way to push their ideals forward, Acer saw it as something else. A challenge. Acer wanted to be in those shoes and experience the thrill of a high stakes battle. He also wanted to gain the respect of the strongest and do what most struggled to achieve, become a trainer that could not only combat the master, but also potentially rival even the legends.

Starter: Ralts

Name: Zola

Nature: Adamant

Appearance: A normal looking Ralts

Moves: Confusion, Teleport, Double Team, Hypnosis, Disarming Voice, Growl

Just in case anyone is confused about the timeline:

FRLG/ORAS > 3y > HGSS/Platinum > 2y > BW > 2y > BW2/XY > 2y > USUM/SwSh

The events of FRLG/ORAS to SuMO/SwSh is 9 years. Then adding 12 years makes it 21 years in total.
Accepted o7

On the topic of evil teams, their leaders have the same fates as their in-game counterparts. That's to say, Giovanni is in hiding, Maxie and Archie have been arrested, Cyrus is trapped in the distortion world, etc.

The remnants of evil teams likely remain, but their leadership is scattered.

Name: Allison "Ally" Morrison
Trainer Class: Coordinator
Physical Appearance: A young woman and proud Alola native with tanned skin as expected of one living under the sun, who has short black hair and dark eyes along with some freckles. She has a slender but athletic frame and stands at about average height for a woman her age.
Clothing: Ally is nothing if not fashionable, or least tries to be as such she tends to favor a colorful get up which includes a single sleeve blue white t-shirt that is decorated with yellow sunflower designs. This is complimented by a pair of sky blue shorts and when it comes to footwear she shifts either between a pair of brown sandals or a pair of tennis shoes with some Popplio stickers attached to it. Speaking of she tends to enjoy walking around in a sun hat with the design of Lycanroc (Midday) on it.
Personality: TBD
Backstory: TBD
Starter: Summer (Pichu)

Name: Summer
Species: Pichu
Ability: Static
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: A general bundle of energy who infectiously bounces around and tries to be the life of the party even when there is none. Almost a throwback to the days of a more innocent Pokemon world with a caring nature and often trusting to the fault as wide-eyed innocence can make her prone to emotional outbreak if this trust is mistreated.
Appearance: A standard Pichu look all around, though she is complimented with a stylish red scarf around the neck which she cannot help but brush up against adorably.
Moves: Charm, Play Nice, Sweet Kiss, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

A very bare bones bio, and I apologize for that, will make edits to it over the week but I just wanted to get Ally out there while I think over what I want the finer details of her personality & backstory are. I hope that is acceptable.

Last edited:
Name: Esther Rosana Sophys
Stage Name: 'Mneme Meletē'
Trainer Class: Coordinator/Battler
Physical Appearance: TBD
Clothing: TBD
Backstory: The Oblivia region—Meletē's homeland. It was a minor region that once consisted of seven idyllic islands, half-scattered half-chained along an archipelago. Peaceful and paradisiac; a place so safe and so entirely elysian, that it's residents, the Oblivians, were misnomers for 'Oblivious'. They weren't the Oblivia region, some would joke, they were the Oblivious region. When asked about trials and tribulations they were unknowing, when evil's ambition scourged other regions with conflict and strife they were untouched, villainous teams, harbingers of catastrophe, were utterly unheard of.

Oblivia was obscured by its distance; so much so that it was nearly divorced from the technological advances and cultures of the major regions. The first sign of this cultural divide was the complete lack of trainers. The Poke-battling professionals, celebrated in other regions, were simply and strangely...absent. How and why this came to be still puzzled researchers to this day; but, the fact was that Pokemon Battling was never the hit in Oblivia that it had been in Sinnoh, Kalos, or Hoenn and it certainly wasn't the super-sport it had developed into in Galar.

Maybe it was because the people of Oblivia were too peaceful and docile and the thrills of battle failed to enthrall them as it had with other regions. Maybe it was because Silph co., the corporate behemoth behind the development of the Pokeball, Potion, and other avant-garde technologies, had spurned the region, and their flag-ship products had never been widely distributed; in turn making it difficult for trainers to make footholds in the region. Maybe it was because Oblivia was just small; the region held a mere three major towns and a smattered handful of rural villages. And maybe it was a combination of all three. Whatever the case had been, the people of Oblivia had lived for decades alongside Pokemon; befriending them even without the use of Pokeballs.

Instead, Oblivia was blessed with an overabundance of musical prowess. The Oblivian Islands—better known as the Solfège Island or the Do-Re-Mi-Fa-So-La-Ti Islands, for their naming which followed the aforementioned pattern—were a musician's utopia.The people were rhythmic and lyrical, their hearts beat to an unseen score and their bodies danced to an unsung tune; they bonded together with the region's pokemon, as if the songs of nature were etched onto their very bones. People and Pokemon became maestros of music and some pokemon even learned to play instruments.

Meletē's early days were spent in bliss; the chorus of the forest roused her awake every morning and every night it lulled her to sleep. There weren't many children to play with, owing to the region's low population, so the Pokemon around her became more than just creatures of the forest, they became her dearest friends. Every day passed quietly as the Oblivians took their peace and harmony for granted.

She had been just a child when it happened—Oblivia's first taste of suffering. It was Meletē's earliest memory. Although she couldn't have been a babe older than two when it happened, the events of that day had seared themselves in her mind—never to be forgotten. The experience was crisp and vivid, feeling less like a vicarious retelling and more like an anachronistic reliving: a flying castle, a beam of harsh white light, a brilliant blaze that consumed the horizon then Oblivia's seven islands...had become six.

It would be years before she was old enough to understand what had happened. An evil team had set its sights on Oblivia and its people were helpless and without defense. They immediately called to the surrounding regions, but only Almia was close enough to respond in time. To their credit, their neighbor had dispatched some of its famed rangers to help them; but whether they downplayed the severity of the situation or just couldn't or didn't care enough to send a sizable group, the end-result was that Almia only dispatched two Rangers to assist Oblivia in their hour of needed.

As exceptional as these rangers were, the two of them could only stretch themselves so far. Although they successfully routed the evil team, it was at the cost of Dolce Island. The region would eventually settle into an uneasy peace; but the vast expanse of open sea, where Dolce Island had once sat was evil's constant and harrowing reminder, a wound that would never heal.

The continued presence of Pokemon Rangers was a beacon of light in times of darkness, two beacons trying to illuminate the entire region. The rangers bathed the islands in their brilliance; but they were still only human, they couldn't possibly be everywhere at once. Fortunately, for the six years, they didn't need to be. The people had returned to a life troubled by only the most trivial of problems. Meletē, for her part, quickly got over things as a child often would; only plagued the occasional nightmare. Oblivia would become oblivious once more until evil reared itself once again and Oblivia became oblivion.

The Second Darkest Day saw the world forever changed, in the midst of crisis, trainers all over the world rushed to the defense of their own—bravely protecting towns and homes. As for Oblivia? Oblivia still had no trainers...they had rangers—just two. A dynamic duo stretched across the region's six islands and handful of villages. It went without saying but...the rangers could only do so much.

It wouldn't be correct to say the people of Oblivia fought tooth and nail for their survival. In fact, that couldn't be further from the truth. A fight required two parties of at least somewhat equal standing. No, no, no, if you asked anyone in Oblivia then the days that followed the Darkest could only be described as—a massacre. They never stood a chance... Villages and towns were overwhelmed and overrun, not within days or hours, but within minutes. To save themselves, the Oblivians had to flee, scattering into wild to seek refuge in the ancient temples and ruins that dotted the region.

This wasn't to say the Oblivians had no fight in them, they had certainly tried. They had never relied on Pokeballs to control their Pokemon and so they may have been among the first to discover the power of the Synchro-bond; but it was dangerous. Pokeballs acted as a stabilizer, when a Pokemon began to draw too much energy from their trainer they could be returned to their Pokeball to rest and recuperate. In Oblivia, this was not possible. As they fought against the surging horde, Pokemon drew and drew...and drew...and drew...until there was nothing left; then, both trainer and pokemon fell beneath the horde.

This was the second of Meletē's early memories: life as a refugee, hidden away for weeks in the dark of the temples and peeking out only to collect provisions provided by the rangers—who had once more become the region's life-line, but could do little more than that.

When all had been said and done, the people of Oblivia emerged to the smoldering ruins of what had once been their homes. The rangers rose to the task once more and with their assistance the people were able to rebuild. This time they had learned their lesson. And so the people of Oblivia were oblivious no longer and they mockingly referred to themselves as the Oblivion region, a region forgotten and driven to ruin.

These were the sentiments held in the name Mneme Meletē; to remember and contemplate. That was the task she had set herself to; never again would Oblivia be forgotten. They would remember...they would all remember...

Starter: Pyrrha (Jangmo-o)

Name: Pyrrha
Species: Jangmo-o
Ability: Bulletproof
Nature: Naughty (Likes: Spicy food; Dislike: Bitter food)
Characteristic: Somewhat vain.
Appearance: Pyrrha's scales are paler than the average Jangmo-o and their edges follow smoother, more sensual curve. The Pokemon in question says her fairer and more distinctly feminine scales set her apart from the other Jangmo-o of her former tribe; but she's never explained whether that was good or bad.
Moves: Tackle, Leer, Bide (Gen VII), Protect (Gen VIII), Dragon Tail (Gen VIII)

Uhhh...in the interest of starting the RP today yea, that's the excuse I'm going with...not at all struggling to match up to @MegaAbsol 's 4-page backstory I'll begrudgingly post my bios a bit incomplete. I might go touch up some of the detail later since I hadn't mentioned too much about what Meletē was actually doing in it.

ANYWAYS, gonna start on the thread soon™️...

Last edited:
Name: Allison "Ally" Morrison
Trainer Class: Coordinator
Physical Appearance: A young woman and proud Alola native with tanned skin as expected of one living under the sun, who has short black hair and dark eyes along with some freckles. She has a slender but athletic frame and stands at about average height for a woman her age.
Clothing: Ally is nothing if not fashionable, or least tries to be as such she tends to favor a colorful get up which includes a single sleeve blue white t-shirt that is decorated with yellow sunflower designs. This is complimented by a pair of sky blue shorts and when it comes to footwear she shifts either between a pair of brown sandals or a pair of tennis shoes with some Popplio stickers attached to it. Speaking of she tends to enjoy walking around in a sun hat with the design of Lycanroc (Midday) on it.
Backstory: TBD
Starter: Summer (Pichu)

Name: Summer
Species: Pichu
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: A general bundle of energy who infectiously bounces around and tries to be the life of the party even when there is none. Almost a throwback to the days of a more innocent Pokemon world with a caring nature and often trusting to the fault as wide-eyed innocence can make her prone to emotional outbreak if this trust is mistreated.
Appearance: A standard Pichu look all around, though she is complimented with a stylish red scarf around the neck which she cannot help but brush up against adorably.
Moves: Charm, Play Nice, Sweet Kiss, Thunder Shock, Thunder Wave

A very bare bones bio, and I apologize for that, will make edits to it over the week but I just wanted to get Ally out there while I think over what I want the finer details of her personality & backstory are. I hope that is acceptable.
Annnd, accepted.

Here are my character and Pokémon bios I may add more to the backstory at some point:

Trainer BIOS Sheet
Name: Aurora
Trainer Class: Coordinator/Battler

Physical Appearance: Aurora is 5'6 but the heels she wears add an extra 3 inches to make her appear 5'9. She has a soft face, with round greyish eyes. She has long brown hair which she wears a pastel red head band through to keep her fringe in place. She has a slender frame and pale skin as a result of growing up in Northern Sinnoh.

Clothing: Aurora tries her best to be fashionable and practical. She wears an off the shoulder short baby blue jumper dress which comes up to her upper thigh, over the top of the dress she wears another dress a sleeveless black dress that has a zip on it from the collar to the chest, there is a small circular cut out just above the chest section of her dress, it is shorter than her blue one and there is a red emblem on the bottom right in the shape of a pokéball, around her waist she attaches a lime green bag that sits on her left hip which she keeps her pokéballs and other essentials in, while carrying a pastel blue back pack on her back for everything else. She wears knee high white boots which are heeled and wears pastel blue socks that come just above her boots.

Personality: Aurora is a kind girl. She seems shy at first but is very approachable. She is very caring for all Pokémon, given she grew up with her Grandmother who was a breeder. She is ambitious but always willing to help and put others first, she is not the most competitive but she hopes to become one of the top trainers in the region and potentially the world.

Backstory: Aurora lost her parents when she was only a few months old so has no memories of them. They died in a rock climbing accident when they went out into the cold tundra's outside of Snowpoint city when they heard there was an injured Pokémon that needed help. Her parents were Pokémon doctors.

Her maternal grandmother who was a retired Pokémon doctor and part time breeder who raised her. Aurora learnt everything she knows about Pokémon from her Grandmother, though she was never as talented as her parents and Grandmother with medicine she tries her best and hopes to make her Grandmother proud.

Her Grandmother has now retired from breeding as well and has recently hatched her final egg, an Igglybuff called Lumi who she intends to keep and raise as a companion while Aurora is away on her adventures.

One thing she loved as a child was competitions and battling, but especially competitions. When her Grandmother had free time the pair would venture round Sinnoh to visit and watch various competitions.

Starter: Chikorita

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Persephone
Species: Chikorita
Ability: Over Grow
Nature: Calm
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Appearance: A Standard Chikorita who always seems in good spirits
Moves: Growl, Tackle, Razor Leaf, Poison Powder

Last edited:
Here are my character and Pokémon bios I may add more to the backstory at some point:

Trainer BIOS Sheet
Name: Aurora

Physical Appearance: Aurora is 5'6 but the heels she wears add an extra 3 inches to make her appear 5'9. She has a soft face, with round greyish eyes. She has long brown hair which she wears a pastel red head band through to keep her fringe in place. She has a slender frame and pale skin as a result of growing up in Northern Sinnoh.

Clothing: Aurora tries her best to be fashionable and practical. She wears an off the shoulder short baby blue jumper dress which comes up to her upper thigh, over the top of the dress she wears another dress a sleeveless black dress that has a zip on it from the collar to the chest, there is a small circular cut out just above the chest section of her dress, it is shorter than her blue one and there is a red emblem on the bottom right in the shape of a pokéball, around her waist she attaches a lime green bag that sits on her left hip which she keeps her pokéballs and other essentials in, while carrying a pastel blue back pack on her back for everything else. She wears knee high white boots which are heeled and wears pastel blue socks that come just above her boots.

Personality: Aurora is a kind girl. She seems shy at first but is very approachable. She is very caring for all Pokémon, given she grew up with her Grandmother who was a breeder. She is ambitious but always willing to help and put others first, she is not the most competitive but she hopes to become one of the top trainers in the region and potentially the world.

Backstory: Aurora lost her parents when she was only a few months old so has no memories of them. They died in a rock climbing accident when they went out into the cold tundra's outside of Snowpoint city when they heard there was an injured Pokémon that needed help. Her parents were Pokémon doctors.

Her maternal grandmother who was a retired Pokémon doctor and part time breeder who raised her. Aurora learnt everything she knows about Pokémon from her Grandmother, though she was never as talented as her parents and Grandmother with medicine she tries her best and hopes to make her Grandmother proud.

Her Grandmother has now retired from breeding as well and gave the final egg to Aurora, which she cared for

Starter: Mareep

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Lumi
Species: Mareep
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Appearance: A standard Mareep who always seems very cheerful
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Thunder Wave, Thunder Shock
Accepted o7

Our second mareeper.

You can join the discord here:

https://discord.gg/Y6sbWjyHd7 (Join the Poké Sync Discord Server!)

Ok! Tysm!!

Trainer BIOS Sheet

Name: Dom
Trainer Class: Currently Bird Keeper, wants to be a gym leader.
Physical Appearance: He has light brown skin and purple eyes. His hair is white and in a ponytail (Like edward elric). He is about 6 foot tall, and pretty strong from training.
Clothing: (Optional): He wears the normal overalls and black shirt for bird keepers
Personality: (Optional): very Timid, but caring. When the time comes, he can do whatever is needed to take care of a pokemon.
Backstory: His father was a bird keeper, just like him. His dream was to find a certain icey bird, but sadly passed due to the virus pokemon. Now Dom lives alone with his older sister in a cabin in the forest.
Starter: A young farfetch'd that hatched from an egg that came from his fathers farfetchd

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Farlin
Species: Farfetch'd
Ability: Keen Eye
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Appearance: A normal farfetch'd, with a small x scar on its forhead.
Moves: Starting moves should be level 10 and below! You can select moves across different generations.

Ok! Tysm!!

Trainer BIOS Sheet

Physical Appearance: He has light brown skin and purple eyes. His hair is white and in a ponytail (Like edward elric). He is about 6 foot tall, and pretty strong from training.
Clothing: (Optional): He wears the normal overalls and black shirt for bird keepers
Personality: (Optional): very Timid, but caring. When the time comes, he can do whatever is needed to take care of a pokemon.
Backstory: His father was a bird keeper, just like him. His dream was to find a certain icey bird, but sadly passed due to the virus pokemon. Now Dom lives alone with his older sister in a cabin in the forest.
Starter: A young farfetch'd that hatched from an egg that came from his fathers farfetchd

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Farlin
Species: Farfetch'd
Ability: Keen Eye
Appearance: A normal farfetch'd, with a small x scar on its forhead.
Moves: Starting moves should be level 10 and below! You can select moves across different generations.
Normal Farfetch'd is not eligible for the Bronze League according to its rules which you can find in the first post. Also you've left its moves blank and they need to be filled in. Finally, please explain who or what 'a certain icy bird' would be. Rejected for now. Please correct and/or expound on the mentioned issues.

Im really sorry!!! I read right over the part about no one stage pokemon, forgive me. (edit: Sorry again if i did anything wrong again!! Im a little stupid sometimes so i apologize)

Trainer BIOS Sheet

Starter: A Gligar. It was delivered by mistake but Dom decided to use it anyways.(If thats not Ok, then lets just say that he ordered it)

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Gligen
Species: Gligar
Ability: Hypercutter
Appearance: A gligar, who most people say has abnormally large ears, some say it was destined fro them to meet because Dom also has quite big ears.
Moves: Poison Sting, Harden, and Knock Off

Im really sorry!!! I read right over the part about no one stage pokemon, forgive me. (edit: Sorry again if i did anything wrong again!! Im a little stupid sometimes so i apologize)

Trainer BIOS Sheet

Starter: A Gligar. It was delivered by mistake but Dom decided to use it anyways.(If thats not Ok, then lets just say that he ordered it)

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Gligen
Species: Gligar
Ability: Hypercutter
Appearance: A gligar, who most people say has abnormally large ears, some say it was destined fro them to meet because Dom also has quite big ears.
Moves: Poison Sting, Harden, and Knock Off
Alright, looks good. Accepted!

I have a few questions,

1: Can we learn how to make pokeballs from Kurt or find and get pokeballs made from apricotts?
2: Will we be using a random number generator or a spinner or something to do things like attacks hitting/ pokemon being caught/ pokemon being shiny etc?
3: Will we get 5/10 pokeballs with our starter, as we do in the games?
4: Can we use teleport to make it to events such as hordes/contests etc?

thats all the questions I have

I have a few questions,

1: Can we learn how to make pokeballs from Kurt or find and get pokeballs made from apricotts?
2: Will we be using a random number generator or a spinner or something to do things like attacks hitting/ pokemon being caught/ pokemon being shiny etc?
3: Will we get 5/10 pokeballs with our starter, as we do in the games?
4: Can we use teleport to make it to events such as hordes/contests etc?

thats all the questions I have
I can't really answer the first question, but for the second, we'll be using a dice on our server for catching pokemon I believe. Also, we start with like $5000, so we buy what we need with that. The teleport one is a good idea too, so I'm interested to see that answer.

Considering pokeballs are doing much more than the standard RP pokeball, like limiting and syphoning power from trainer to pokemon, I doubt that the apricorn pokeball system exists. Also I believe we have rules for Fly in place, in that you can't have it too early, to make you actually walk everywhere, so I presume the same applies for Teleport, atleast until your pokemon is proficient enough to use it as intended, perhaps.