• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Discussion Thread

What region should the Rp be held in first?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alola

• Galar

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Now now ladies, please don’t fight over me.

But I think I will have to go with Hecotoro’s gracious invitation. I don’t have a whole lot of free time to be able to re-wright what has already been written. Again, I am still near their group which would just make things easier. It also has occurred to me that 2 groups have 4 people and the rest have five. It wouldn’t be practical for a group to have 6, and “HERM” the team in question is one of those who only has 4.

Thank you for the other offers, but my preference is locked in. I would be glad to be a part of this team.

Now now ladies, please don’t fight over me.

But I think I will have to go with Hecotoro’s gracious invitation. I don’t have a whole lot of free time to be able to re-wright what has already been written. Again, I am still near their group which would just make things easier. It also has occurred to me that 2 groups have 4 people and the rest have five. It wouldn’t be practical for a group to have 6, and “HERM” the team in question is one of those who only has 4.

Thank you for the other offers, but my preference is locked in. I would be glad to be a part of this team.
Well then, glad to have you on board! Better give you a briefing of (former) team RHEM.

First off, we're a band with a Goth/Punk/Country look. We've got Esther on vocals, Ron on the drums, Hilda on guitar, and Mari on the didgeridoo. We're not sure how Gene would fit into our band, but we can talk details. Maybe he acts as bands PR officer lol

Second, we've got discord groups set up. If you have discord you can join via the link in the first post.

Name: Victor Vincent
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Contests/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Contests
Physical Appearance: He is 6'6 in height, with a muscular build, weighting 310 lbs. This teenager that seemed to have been pulled out of a Netflix series, has long black hair down to his shoulders that he usually pushes back behind his ears. He has dark brown eyes, a squared jaw line, and a clean shave.
Clothing: He wears a black leather jacket over whatever he has under, black fingerless gloves, black boots and jeans.
Personality: Victor is a big fan of cute Pokemon and Pokemon contests. His dream is to one day be involved in fashion, since designing clothing for both humans and Pokemon is one of his hobbies. However, first he must make a name for himself by becoming a top coordinator. He is a calm person, loves nature and will always stand up against bullies.
Backstory: Victor was the son of two athletes, his father was a top swimmer and his mother a body builder. They showered him with love and always encouraged him to do whatever made him feel happy. He would spend mornings working out with his parents, afternoons in schools and evenings thinking of ideas for contests or new clothes. He was always on top of the ongoing Leagues and Contests. During the crisis ten years ago, his family was one of the few that managed to stay safe and away from any danger thanks to his father's Poliwrath and his mother's Politoad. He does remember the aftermath though and wishes to bring joy to the world with his work one day.
Starter: Cat the Caterpie

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Cat
Species: Caterpie
Ability: Compound Eyes
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Thoroughly cunning
Appearance: Wears a pink bow on her antenna.
Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Bug Bite.

Name: Victor Vincent
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Contests/Battler/Breeder/etc.): Contests
Physical Appearance: He is 6'6 in height, with a muscular build, weighting 310 lbs. This teenager that seemed to have been pulled out of a Netflix series, has long black hair down to his shoulders that he usually pushes back behind his ears. He has dark brown eyes, a squared jaw line, and a clean shave.
Clothing: He wears a black leather jacket over whatever he has under, black fingerless gloves, black boots and jeans.
Personality: Victor is a big fan of cute Pokemon and Pokemon contests. His dream is to one day be involved in fashion, since designing clothing for both humans and Pokemon is one of his hobbies. However, first he must make a name for himself by becoming a top coordinator. He is a calm person, loves nature and will always stand up against bullies.
Backstory: Victor was the son of two athletes, his father was a top swimmer and his mother a body builder. They showered him with love and always encouraged him to do whatever made him feel happy. He would spend mornings working out with his parents, afternoons in schools and evenings thinking of ideas for contests or new clothes. He was always on top of the ongoing Leagues and Contests. During the crisis ten years ago, his family was one of the few that managed to stay safe and away from any danger thanks to his father's Poliwrath and his mother's Politoad. He does remember the aftermath though and wishes to bring joy to the world with his work one day.
Starter: Cat the Caterpie

Pokemon BIOS Sheet
Name: Cat
Species: Caterpie
Ability: Compound Eyes
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Thoroughly cunning
Appearance: Wears a pink bow on her antenna.
Moves: Tackle, String Shot, Bug Bite.
Accepted o7

upload_2021-7-8_17-9-55.png

The Fairy Type Gym Leader in XY also used Trick Room. In game mechanics, it simply reverses the turn order, but I assume that 'turn order' will be much more lose in an RP setting anyways. So possibly it just makes fast Pokemon move much slower and slower Pokemon move faster? For example, a Greninja in Trick Room can't really move around quickly, while a Snorlax can easily outrun it and then squash it.

The Fairy Type Gym Leader in XY also used Trick Room. In game mechanics, it simply reverses the turn order, but I assume that 'turn order' will be much more lose in an RP setting anyways. So possibly it just makes fast Pokemon move much slower and slower Pokemon move faster? For example, a Greninja in Trick Room can't really move around quickly, while a Snorlax can easily outrun it and then squash it.
In the anime, it creates a box around the field which makes faster Pokémon struggle to move whilst slower ones just vibe, so I think that should work

League Announcement: Reminder

A few things, please keep track of your transactions in your posts. Ideally as a foot note towards the end. If you buy 5 pokeballs then you simply put something like:

Pokemon x 5 (-$1,000)

It's easier for everyone if you keep a good record of your inventory and transactions.

Another is, please keep track of the date and your character's location on your post. Mix-ups with time are something I plan to avoid and I noted some people haven't been nothing the dates/locations. Please correct this going forward.

Regarding gym aides, remember that these are all Gold trainers at worst and the should have a wealth of knowledge and experience. Be careful not to undersell them. If you'd like to request someone control the aide during your battle then feel free to take a request.

Regarding battles against other RPers. To make things more realistic, both trainers will send out their pokemon at the same time without knowing what the other's pokemon is. That's to sya you won't be able to observe your opponent's choice in pokemon and then choose a pokemon that has a type advantage.

To achieve this, all participating trainers will privately send the name of whatever pokemon they're using to an non-affiliated third party before the battle starts.

For example, if Hecto and I were battling and we chose Mango as the third party, we'd both privately send him the Pokemon we were going to send out first before the battle began. Then Hecto would be able to hold is to our word.

That'll be all for this announcement, have fun~

@Hecotoro
@=Nightshade=
@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Retro Master
@Clite of Dragonbow
@RenzFlintrock
@ThePlayfulFox
@silverwind2020
@Pinch
@Alternate_Mystery
@sSoul
@Godjacob
@Tortles
@Grand Master Koop
@MegaAbsol
@kyuukestu
@Foxex
@YoKaiKingEnmaDaiyou
@JadeStar
@ThAtGuY101
@Malcolm102
@OmnipotentOnion
@Chiphead_

League Announcement: Reminder

To achieve this, all participating trainers will privately send the name of whatever pokemon they're using to an non-affiliated third party before the battle starts.

For example, if Hecto and I were battling and we chose Mango as the third party, we'd both privately send him the Pokemon we were going to send out first before the battle began. Then Hecto would be able to hold is to our word.
I think it would be better for everyone to send their choices to you since you're the RP leader. Unless they're battling you ofc. The league officials could take them as well. Not to say I don't have trust in everyone to be fair, but there's always a chance the person you both go to might be biased to a certain party and let them change their choice of starting pokemon.

I think it would be better for everyone to send their choices to you since you're the RP leader. Unless they're battling you ofc. The league officials could take them as well. Not to say I don't have trust in everyone to be fair, but there's always a chance the person you both go to might be biased to a certain party and let them change their choice of starting pokemon.
Generally I'll off to be the unbiased third party, but yea, when I'm battling it obviously can't be me just for fairness sake.

League Announcement: Regarding Abilities

We had said prior that abilities were trigger-able similar to in the anime, but we may need to make some adjustments to this. It's come to my attention that abilities, specifically ones with negative effects, like Truant, Defeatist, etc. could become easily abusable with the current system. So we'll need to revamp it.

My current thoughts are to say that by default abilities will be passive, meaning they're always in use. However, certain abilities would be actived/triggered upon entering battle or the pokemon satisfying some kind of condition.

For example, a Pokemon with Sand Stream won't always trigger a sandstorm just be existing but it will trigger a sandstorm upon entering a battle. With that in mind, the energy cost for abilities will be mitigated.

Thoughts? Opinions? Counter-Points?

@Hecotoro
@=Nightshade=
@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Retro Master
@Clite of Dragonbow
@RenzFlintrock
@ThePlayfulFox
@silverwind2020
@Pinch
@Alternate_Mystery
@sSoul
@Godjacob
@Tortles
@Grand Master Koop
@MegaAbsol
@kyuukestu
@Foxex
@YoKaiKingEnmaDaiyou
@JadeStar
@ThAtGuY101
@Malcolm102
@OmnipotentOnion
@Chiphead_

Last edited:
Aye, it seems so. They'll just trigger like usual, I suspect. It makes the higher tier abilities like Protean or No Guard appropriately cost a lot of energy then, I suppose, since you'd be expending energy on them constantly.
This change would actually do the opposite. We would, for the most part, not assign a cost to ability usage. Hence it being mitigated. I had already noted that outside of abilities with significant effect, etc. Snow Warning, Drizzle, etc. things that change the weather or other effects of that scale, most abilities cost minimal amounts of energy.

Despite me saying that like 20 times though, people still seem to think abilities cost a ton of energy.

My suggestion isn't really a comprehensive fix, since we'd still need to talk about the limitations on some of the grander abilities; such as the aforementioned weather-changing abilities and how long their duration would be.

Oh! Another thing, especially with weather changing abilities or others like them.

In the games they work by overwriting each other, however in an RP setting this doesn't have to be the case. For example it's completely possible for it to be both raining and snowing at the same time, I'd be called sleet or ice rain.

Likewise it can also be sunny while a sandstorm is raging.

So we may need to look at how some abilities would interact with each other in less gamey ways.