• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Discussion Thread

What region should the Rp be held in first?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alola

• Galar

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm, I would like to try for every competition, because I could find a use for nearly every TR reward. Hmm, The PokeRinger is more up her alley, since mono flying and all that, but I have no real use for the rewards, and I would like the rewards from the PokeHustle OR ping pong, but they're certainly not necessities, I can make do without them.

Well, after thinking for a longer while, I guess that I would want to try most of competitions as well, maybe gain 2 times or more 3rd place, idk, I would like however to get an Electric Pokemon Egg from Twinleaf Battle competition. Would be nice to win a TR or two maybe, but I won't cry either if it doesn't happend. Having fun on first place XD

Edit
In short, I am the most eager for egg of electric pokemon

What are the prizes for everything again? Sorry, I'm working off of mobile and I don't see signatures.

July

View attachment 904441

August

View attachment 904436

September

View attachment 904304

October

View attachment 904442

Event Rewards

Rewards with be Technical Records, which means they are single-usage. Each team member can choose one of the possible moves given out; repeats are allowed.

Lilypad TownTag-Battle Competition
TRs: Overheat, Endure, High Horsepower, Low Kick

1st – $5,000 + Pokemon Egg (Ghost) or TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Greenstation Town — Pokemon Hustle
TRs: Amnesia, Liquidation, Metronome, Dazzling Gleam

1st – $5,000 + Pokemon Egg (Fire) or TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Pokemon Summer Academy — Poke-Triathalon
TRs: Psychic, Heat Wave, Leech Life, Dragon Pulse

1st – $5,000 + Pokemon Egg (Ice) or TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Somewhere near Eterna — Pokemon Dress Up Competition
TRs: Bulk Up, Overheat, Muddy Water, Dark Pulse

1st – Pokemon Egg (Rock) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Pastoria City — Croagunk Festival (Only Poison or Fighting types allowed.)
TRs: Ice Beam, Energy ball, Sludge Bomb, Uproar

1st – $5,000 + Pokemon Egg (Water) or TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Hearthome City — Tag-Battle Competition
TRs: Sludge Wave, Nasty Plot, Uproar, Flare Blitz

1st – $5,000 + Pokemon Egg (Fairy) or TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $5,000

Hearthome Collection — Fashion Competition
TRs: Sludge Bomb, Work Up, Metronome, Ice Beam

1st – Poke-Chic Sponsorship + Pokemon Egg (Steel) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Squallville — PokeRinger (Only Pokemon that can fly)
TRs: Heat Wave, Ice Beam, Dragon Claw, Endure

1st – Pokemon Egg (Psychic) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Camellia Town — Pokeathalon

TRs: Grass Knot, Body Slam, Iron Tail, Work Up
Individuals

1st – Pokemon Egg (Ground) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

TRs: Dark Pulse, Crunch, Baton Pass, Stealth Rock

Teams (four-persons)

1st – $10,000 + Pokemon Egg (Normal)
or TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $15,000

Sandalstraw Town — Ping Pong
TRs: Flash Canon, Taunt, Metronome, Dazzling Gleam

1st – Pokemon Egg (Bug) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Snow Point City — Pokemon Iceberg Race
TRs: Dragon Pulse, Trick, Sludge Wave, Shadow Ball

1st – Pokemon Egg (Fighting) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Twinleaf Town — Festival Battle Challenge

TRs: Amnesia, Power Whip, Skill Swap, Leech Life

Individual
1st – Pokemon Egg (Electric) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

TRs: Toxic Spikes, Agility, Sword Dance, X-Scissor
Triples

1st – Pokemon Egg (Dark) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $12,000

Celestic Town — Valley Basin Flush (Requires a Pokemon than can swim)

TRs: Cosmic Power, Sleep Talk, Muddy Water, Wild Charge

1st – Pokemon Egg (Flying) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Eterna City — Eterna Cup (Only Grass types)

TRs: Heavy Slam, Tri-Attack, Metronome, Nasty Plot.

1st – Pokemon Egg (Dragon) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Solaceon Town — Battle-Swap Switcheroo

TRs: Dazzling Gleam, Reversal, Waterfall, Darkest Lariat

1st – Pokemon Egg (Poison) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

Mt. Coronet — Pokemon Orienteering

TRs: Stored Power, Sludge Wave, Dragon Pulse, Surf

1st – Pokemon Egg (Grass) + TR
2nd – TR
3rd – $7,500

League Announcement

Since most people appear to be using mobile, and I refuse to put myself through the chaotic hassle of sifting through discord, the first post of the Role Play has been updated. It now contains a copy of the links in my signature, which I will dub the Table of Contents. The links here will take you to the respective post.
Table of ContentsAnnouncements in the discussion thread are headed with 'League Announcement', feel free to search there if you need to be reminded of some updates.

■ The World of Poke-Sync
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
Pokemon League Calendar
Poke Jobs
List of Useful Expenses
Pokemon Swarm/Hordes
Pokemon Global Link

» Pokemart Prices
» Bronze League Teams
» Trainer School Courses
» Direct Link to Google Sheets «
  1. @Hecotoro
  2. @=Nightshade=
  3. @Mango137
  4. @DarkHydraT
  5. @Gamingfan
  6. @Retro Master
  7. @Clite of Dragonbow
  8. @RenzFlintrock
  9. @ThePlayfulFox
  10. @silverwind2020
  11. @Schrift
  12. @Pinch
  13. @Alternate_Mystery
  14. @sSoul
  15. @Godjacob
  16. @Tortles
  17. @Grand Master Koop
  18. @MegaAbsol
  19. @kyuukestu
  20. @Foxex
  21. @YoKaiKingEnmaDaiyou
  22. @JadeStar
  23. @ThAtGuY101
  24. @Malcolm102
  25. @OmnipotentOnion

League Announcement: Becoming more than just a 'trainer'

After quite a bit of thought, I've decided to tentatively, add the following courses which we're suggested much earlier in discord: Athlete, Aura Guardian, Esper.

upload_2021-7-4_22-32-39.png

upload_2021-7-4_22-32-55.png

upload_2021-7-4_22-33-17.png

upload_2021-7-4_22-33-32.png

Seeing as they are things that exist within the Pokemon world and it would add a bit more diversity to the cast. However, bear in mind psychic and aura-related abilities are supposed to be innate, meaning you were born with them; and, in addition, note that while they do exist, they will not be allowed to grow to the extent of character's like Riley or Sabrina, who have feats that suggested they could probably go one on one with Pokemon. So Esper and Psychic abilities will be restricted to enhanced senses, telepathy, memory reading, and minor telekinesis. Minor meaning you can float around small objects such as poke balls.

Do remember this is tentative and may be removed if it causes significant problems.

While these three courses will empower your characters in a sense that they're more than your run-of-the-mill trainer, they are in no way intended to used to make characters super-human and capable of feats that beggar disbelief. Also note, usage of these abilities will not be allowed during Official League matches.

Note: On the topic of some of these abilities being innate, it will suffice to say that once you've bonded with a psychic type or aura-capable pokemon, the bonding process may trigger/active your own innate ability. This process is not necessarily immediate and may take several days to weeks.

This should minimize backstory changes.

Feel free to give your opinions on these additions.
  1. @Hecotoro
  2. @=Nightshade=
  3. @Mango137
  4. @DarkHydraT
  5. @Gamingfan
  6. @Retro Master
  7. @Clite of Dragonbow
  8. @RenzFlintrock
  9. @ThePlayfulFox
  10. @silverwind2020
  11. @Schrift
  12. @Pinch
  13. @Alternate_Mystery
  14. @sSoul
  15. @Godjacob
  16. @Tortles
  17. @Grand Master Koop
  18. @MegaAbsol
  19. @kyuukestu
  20. @Foxex
  21. @YoKaiKingEnmaDaiyou
  22. @JadeStar
  23. @ThAtGuY101
  24. @Malcolm102
  25. @OmnipotentOnion

This discussion is looking awfully intimidating. Is there still room to join, or would it be too difficult for me to catch up?
We've got plenty of room!

Most people don't read the full discussion anyway, so don't worry about it. if you have any questions feel free to ask!

Characters have been arriving in the Sinnoh region where the league challenge/race will be held. So just submit a bios and we'll see about getting you a team.

Name: Gene Jenata
Trainer Class: (Assuming hobbies with Pokémon) Photography and Theory of Evolution.
Appearance: Gene has dark brown eyes and thick wavy longish hair that closely resembles the color of his eyes. With a light muscular build and a calm personality, he stands at roughly 5’10”.

Clothing: His more causal attire is made up of blue jeans, a dry fit shirt, various loose hoodies, and a HIU hat (meaning Hoenn International University) from where he graduated from. To keep his hair out of his face he normally keeps it back in his hat, and his dark brown hair comes out from the sides and the back. His more formal attire (the getup that Gene normally wears in public) consists of button up collar shirts of various designs and gray or black dress pants. Depending on how he feels, he’ll occasionally wear a tie.

Personality: Gene is normally a very kind person, respecting people how they should, constantly using manners in the most casual situations, and standing up for people that he knows. But while he is strictly a rule follower, his love for photography and getting good pictures can deny this ability. Gene is loyal, but also curious. That’s what lead him to study Theory of Evolution in college. (Understanding why some Pokémon evolve and why some don’t.

Partner: Shroomish who’s name is Shrumm. While Gene is not Rodger, and not a Shrubber, his name is Gene, and he is a Shrummer. Acquired by the age of 17.

Thank you for your time. Please let me know if there are any changes or added features that should be evaluated. I look forward to seeing my cooperation with this story.

Last edited:
Trainer Class: (Assuming hobbies with Pokémon) Photography and Theory of Evolution.
Appearance: Gene has dark brown eyes and thick wavy longish hair that closely resembles the color of his eyes. With a light muscular build and a calm personality, he stands at roughly 5’10”.

Clothing: His more causal attire is made up of blue jeans, a dry fit shirt, various loose hoodies, and a HIU hat (meaning Hoenn International University) from where he graduated from. To keep his hair out of his face he normally keeps it back in his hat, and his dark brown hair comes out from the sides and the back. His more formal attire (the getup that Gene normally wears in public) consists of button up collar shirts of various designs and gray or black dress pants. Depending on how he feels, he’ll occasionally wear a tie.

Personality: Gene is normally a very kind person, respecting people how they should, constantly using manners in the most casual situations, and standing up for people that he knows. But while he is strictly a rule follower, his love for photography and getting good pictures can deny this ability. Gene is loyal, but also curious. That’s what lead him to study Theory of Evolution in college. (Understanding why some Pokémon evolve and why some don’t.

Partner: If you will allow me, and I’m not sure if anyone else has done this, but I would prefer if Gene’s starter was from Hoenn, seeing that he is from there. My starter choice would be Kecleon. A point of interest for my character for colors for photography, AND study for Theory of Evolution.

Thank you for your time. Please let me know if there are any changes or added features that should be evaluated. I look forward to seeing my cooperation with this story.
I think Kelceon is a pretty cool choice for a starter. However, we're actually not allowed to have a single-stage pokemon as a starter, unfortunately.

I'd also recommend lowering your character's age as well since most people who start the Bronze League are 17 and the few that are 18 had a reason why they didn't participate in the previous league.

Partner: If you will allow me, and I’m not sure if anyone else has done this, but I would prefer if Gene’s starter was from Hoenn, seeing that he is from there. My starter choice would be Kecleon. A point of interest for my character for colors for photography, AND study for Theory of Evolution.

Retro's already covered the bulk of it. You'll probably want to lower your character's age and single-stage pokemon aren't allowed as starters, sorry~

Thank you for your feedback. I was skeptical myself of having a single stage starter, so clearing that up was helpful. To fix his age, I’ll set it 18, the reason he didn’t compete last time being for the reason of college. And for the starter, I thought that shroomish would be a decent one.
Alrighty, just make the edits to your bios and you'll be accepted. If you had a reason to have him be 22 then that'd be fine. Going to college before doing the bronze league is perfectly acceptable. My only question would be to ask when he got his Shroomish?

League Announcement: Regarding the Syncronization Bond and Fortitude

Since I have been getting a number of questions about this, let me summarize it in a way that is, hopefully, concise and succinct.

The Syncronization Bond is the process by which Trainers and Pokemon form a telepathic bond between each other. The bond allows the parties to:
1. Communicate telepathically, though it may take time to grow accustomed to.
2. Share energy. This is generally from trainer to Pokemon, but the reverse is also possible.
3. Share sense and emotions.
The Syncronization Bond is a very intimate process seeing at it links two entities together on such a close level. How you describe it's creation is however, at your digression.

Regarding Fortitude, this is the energy produced by Pokemon, Trainers, and some plants: i.e. berries.

Fortitude, or simply energy, is what is used to produce the effects of pokemon moves and abilities; but, this is not it's sole purpose.

Fortitude enhances one's sensitivity to others, when a powerful Pokemon appears you can feel it's presence. This sensitivity can be trained, allowing trainers to locate pokemon and even other trainers. Doing this precisely takes practice, especially over distances.

Be mindful that it is possible for people or pokemon to learn to restrain their Fortitude.

Further applications of fortitude can be learned during the Courses available to you at Silver Rank. Please refer to the course list for more details on that.

@Chiphead_
@Hecotoro
@=Nightshade=
@Mango137
@DarkHydraT
@Gamingfan
@Retro Master
@Clite of Dragonbow
@RenzFlintrock
@ThePlayfulFox
@silverwind2020
@Schrift
@Pinch
@Alternate_Mystery
@sSoul
@Godjacob
@Tortles
@Grand Master Koop
@MegaAbsol
@kyuukestu
@Foxex
@YoKaiKingEnmaDaiyou
@JadeStar
@ThAtGuY101
@Malcolm102
@OmnipotentOnion

There are things that need to be clarified.

Instinctively I read through some of the latest posts on the thread to try and catch up with what was happening. From there I saw interactions with ThePlayfulFox and Hecotoro. In a more recent post where you informed me that a team had offered to take me in, ThePlayfulFox was also in the list but also the first mention. So I put Gene in the situation where the character "Hilda" was. From my reading it doesn't seem that ThePlayfulFox has two characters (which I could only imagine would be difficult with this many people) so again, I put Gene in the place I saw most fitting for him.

It also has occurred to me that you had just offered me a position on the team, and I had yet to accept. I was still carefully considering my options.

I'm not meaning to criticize anyone in this situation, I am just trying to understand and find my way in the suddenness of me joining. So if you could clarify, it would be greatly appreciated.

And of course, you can call me Chip.

Instinctively I read through some of the latest posts on the thread to try and catch up with what was happening. From there I saw interactions with ThePlayfulFox and Hecotoro. In a more recent post where you informed me that a team had offered to take me in, ThePlayfulFox was also in the list but also the first mention. So I put Gene in the situation where the character "Hilda" was. From my reading it doesn't seem that ThePlayfulFox has two characters (which I could only imagine would be difficult with this many people) so again, I put Gene in the place I saw most fitting for him.

It also has occurred to me that you had just offered me a position on the team, and I had yet to accept. I was still carefully considering my options.

I'm not meaning to criticize anyone in this situation, I am just trying to understand and find my way in the suddenness of me joining. So if you could clarify, it would be greatly appreciated.

Fair assessment and your deduction was most flawless, but Playful does indeed have two characters. The Hilda that you noticed is her second character, who is apart of my team with @Hecotoro and @MegaAbsol

Her primary character is Avery, who is the leader of team Happy Campers and their group is meeting in Snowpoint City.

As you've correctly pointed out, you were only offered the position and it's well within your right to refuse it in favor of joining another team. Feel free to scope out or interact with the other Rpers here before making your decision. If you refer to the first post there's a list of Rpers and their characters. Their names are linked to their Bios so you can read through them and get acquainted.

Here are the other active teams if you're wondering:

HERM:
Kyuu - Esther
MegaAbsol - Mari
Heco - Ron
Playful - Hilda

This team is trash don't join it

Unnamed Team:
Retro - Acer
Mango - Acacia
Onion - Kyran
Soul - Rob
DarkHydra - Ezio

The best team

Happy Campers:
Foxex - Ceres
Playful - Avery
Renz - Noah
Tortles - Aurora

Team Passion:
Koop - Joan
Guy - Guy
Pinch - Kenzo
Jacob - Allison
Malcolm - Andy

Daimax:
Clite - Shiro
Jade - Akae
Night - Paige
Alternate - Ivory
Silver - Ryder

Here's a link to the Discord Server as well: https://discord.gg/Y6sbWjyHd7 (Join the Poké Sync Discord Server!)