• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Discussion Thread

What region should the Rp be held in first?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alola

• Galar

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FAQ has been updated with an example to clarify how egg moves may be acquired from wild pokemon.

Since it seems that no one has any intent of posting for at least the next couple of days, we may as well take the time to talk about what things could happen later on in the RP.

I should note that the bronze league is basically a long-term entrance exam to see whether a person is fit enough to be a trainer of if they're too incompetent and/or would just end up dead. That being said, not an awful lot is happening at Bronze rank. Once we hit Silver, however, it's a whole different story.

Raids, Evil Teams, man-eating pokemon hordes, mysteries to be unraveled, I have plenty in store for my cute little role players...

At the same time though, I encourage you to come up with ideas and plot lines of your own, this is a very sand-box styled RP and outside of making things too easy, I won't deny you much. So get those brains working and squeeze out those creative juices~

upload_2021-6-19_19-50-43.png

upload_2021-6-19_19-53-14.png

So there's two encoded messages to start you off!

The world of pokemon is rife with mysteries awaiting discovery - First one.
bingo~

I'm googling and I got no clue how to deal with the other... So I went ahead and posted the first...
yea, that one should give you a lot more trouble lol

It looks like an ancient language though, maybe there's a course that'll teach you how to read it~

Alrighty! Seems like the ciphers were even more popular than I expected.

This one's a bit trickier than the last, but it comes with an in-RP reward! The first to solve this will be one of the fated few, though there'll be many more fated so don't despair~

Have at ye-!

Ah yes, I nearly forgot. About your clue—when you find it—second stanza, second line, last word. That's not all your clue is linked to, but that's all I'll say.
upload_2021-6-19_21-54-26.png

TRANSLATION:
"This puzzle is split into three segments, just like the three-digit pokedex entry of your clue _____ Ho-oh

C unkxgt, C upkrrgc, C htciogpb;
C ugtgpfkrkbqwu unkipogpb;
Qh hcbg cpf hcbgf bq ncpfu wpmpqyp

Yt uqfgnjw tsj rnlmy gfqq mniijs, Nxquutxj;
N'qq qnlmy ymj bfd, Ywfajwxnsl wfnsgtbx;
Rd xytsjd fjd bts'y qjfm dtq fbxd,
N qjfm ymj mjxynsjm, ymj stgqj fsm uqxj,
ymxtqlm ynrj fsm xufhj fsm jajs ym xpd;

What am I?"

Note: This translation might be faulty, as I've had a very hard time looking at the symbols on the computer. This is as close to Kyuu's original cipher as I could get it. Hope this helps ya'll like it'll help me! ^-^

Last edited:
Lol great code kyuu, was fun to solve. Pretty sure I have the answer
"A sliver, a snippet, a fragment;
A serendipitous alignment;
Of fate and fated to lands unknown;

To places one might call hidden, I suppose;
I’ll light the way, Traversing rainbows;
My stoney key won't yead you awry,
I lead the destined, the noble and pure,
Through time and space, and even the sky,

What am I?"
Honestly a little embarrassed cause I messed up along the way a bit and once you figure it out there were so many painfully obvious clues.

I believe the answer is either the relic fragment or just PMD, more specifically, Darkness, Time, and Sky. The first part is a nod to the fated chance of the character turning into a pokemon (or if the answer is the relic fragment then it is explained as the partner's destiny to find it). The "stoney key" is the relic fragment that the partner pokemon has (who is said to have found it for being noble) and also activates the rainbow stoneship. Then obviously the last sentence is a nod to the Sinnoh region and PMD game names. I really didn't realize it until the very last line xD so well done.

Now what's my prize, if it's good enough I'll return. If not, one of my former teammates can have it xD

What am I?"
Honestly a little embarrassed cause I messed up along the way a bit and once you figure it out there were so many painfully obvious clues.

I believe the answer is either the relic fragment or just PMD, more specifically, Darkness, Time, and Sky. The first part is a nod to the fated chance of the character turning into a pokemon (or if the answer is the relic fragment then it is explained as the partner's destiny to find it). The "stoney key" is the relic fragment that the partner pokemon has (who is said to have found it for being noble) and also activates the rainbow stoneship. Then obviously the last sentence is a nod to the Sinnoh region and PMD game names. I really didn't realize it until the very last line xD so well done.

Now what's my prize, if it's good enough I'll return. If not, one of my former teammates can have it xD
Your answer is solid but slightly incomplete, if no one gives a better answer then it's yours.

Edit:

Well, I don't even know if that's be fair since the relic fragment is a huge clue. I'll have to mull over it.

The answer I'm looking for is indeed the Relic Fragment which is apart of the larger Rainbow Stoneship, it's the 'stoney key'. Since the relic fragment basically hits the nail on the head, I'll give it to ya.

The reward is in fact, the relic fragment. Which will have a later use in RP.

On top of some future plot relevance, you can find a fossil of your choice there as well as a Pokemon-egg containing a Dragon/Steel/Ghost Pokemon.

Last edited:
Since future puzzles may have similar tricks applied, I'll go through the process of solving it for everyone's convenience.

You begin here:
909012_upload_2021-6-19_21-54-26.png

After transcribing the footprint runes you'll arrive at the cipher, which Playful did with only a few mistakes:

TRANSLATION:
"This puzzle is split into three segments, just like the three-digit pokedex entry of your clue _____ Ho-oh

C unkxgt, C upkrrgc, C htciogpb;
C ugtgpfkrkbqwu unkipogpb;
Qh hcbg cpf hcbgf bq ncpfu wpmpqyp

What am I?"

Note: This translation might be faulty, as I've had a very hard time looking at the symbols on the computer. This is as close to Kyuu's original cipher as I could get it. Hope this helps ya'll like it'll help me! ^-^

The completely accurate cipher is:

This puzzle is split into three segments, just like the three-digit pokedex entry of your clue — Ho-oh

C unkxgt, C upkrrgv, C htciogpv;
C ugtgpfkrkvqwu cnkipogpv;
Qh hcvg cpf hcvgf vq ncpfu wpmpqyp;

Yt uqfhjx tsj rnlmy hfqq mniijs, N xzuutxj;
Rd xytsjd pjd bts'y qjfi dtz fbwd,
N qjfi ymj ijxynsji, ymj stgqj fsi uzwj,
ymwtzlm ynrj fsi xufhj fsi jajs ymj xpd;

what am I?

From there on you had to look at the clue to proceed. The clue was three segments, just like the three-digit poked entry of your clue — ho-oh.

Ho-oh's Pokedex entry is 250, with each digit relating to a segment of the code. In fact, it refers to the number of shifts that each segment has.

2 Shifts
C unkxgt, C upkrrgv, C htciogpv;
C ugtgpfkrkvqwu cnkipogpv;
Qh hcvg cpf hcvgf vq ncpfu wpmpqyp;

5 Shifts

0 Shifts
What am I?"

Once you've done all the shifts, you get the translation, which Mango provided.

What am I?"

and the answer is indeed the Relic Fragment/Rainbow Stoneship.

Your answer is solid but slightly incomplete, if no one gives a better answer then it's yours.

Edit:

Well, I don't even know if that's be fair since the relic fragment is a huge clue. I'll have to mull over it.

The answer I'm looking for is indeed the Relic Fragment which is apart of the larger Rainbow Stoneship, it's the 'stoney key'. Since the relic fragment basically hits the nail on the head, I'll give it to ya.

The reward is in fact, the relic fragment. Which will have a later use in RP.

On top of some future plot relevance, you can find a fossil of your choice there as well as a Pokemon-egg containing a Dragon/Steel/Ghost Pokemon.
Sweet!

Name: Andy Richter
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Andy would look to become a nurse ( if that's even possible) if that doesn't work then it would be a chef or ranger. In terms of the more general classes here it would be a breeder ( I dont think having a mono team is possible without pretty much guaranteeing his death.

Physical Appearance:
Clothing: Long Khaki pants that have quite a few pockets, with the leg sections going down to the sneakers, a light blue polo long sleeve shirt black sneakers with a Pikachu tail thunderbolt design. Andy also packed a pair of blue jeans, a thick sweater that's mainly gray with red sleeves and tan leather boots for Tundra-like areas. As long as the clothes are clean, Andy isn't one for fashion though he could resemble a walking kaleidoscope to some. Aside from that, he will always strive to look presentable.

Personality: Andy is eager to observe the world around him and somewhat inquisitive. That inquisitiveness has made him very bright in terms of knowledge of nature but has also led to an unhealthy sense of danger because of it. Due to still being young, he is still a little naive, which results in him falling for pranks, such as April Fools pranks. However, when this does happen, he will see it as a learning experience and, in fact occasionally going along with it knowing full well that it’s a prank for the sake of humor. One example of this comes from Ratattas or other prankster pokémon hiding his items all over Mahogany Town, the pokémon themselves belonging to other trainers. The scavenger hunts don't bother him as he sees the pokémon as being playful or silly. Andy has high morals and won't allow anything to happen to his friends, going out of his way to try and settle disputes between other locals, even though it's clearly none of his business, telling the truth whenever he does something wrong, or just being around for people that have had bad days. This does lead to him getting into some sticky situations, however, such as people ignoring Andy during a dispute, at which point he will leave them alone. Andy will start out shy to any person or pokèmon but will gradually warm up to them as time goes on and strive above most things to keep his friends happy, beware he will run away from anyone that lashes out at him. Battle-wise Andy favors being more on the defensive side, envisioning pokémon battles to be more like chess matches rather than matches of power preferring to pick his opponents apart with strategy instead

Backstory: Born into a quaint, moderately sized house in Mahogany Town Andy was an introvert at the start of his childhood, clinging mainly to his parents, Bob and Martha Richter for protection due to extreme shyness. This led to him being homeschooled and learning basic reading, writing, and math from them. The parents wanted him to make some friends with any other kids at their favorite spot, which also happens to be where the parents met, , Corsola Cove, around Mt Mortar, dubbed that due to the abundance of Corsola present. However, if they tried to help him he would run away without saying a word with a very scared expression on his face, thus leading the local kids in Mahogany to label him an oddball.

This continued until age 6 during one routine day at Andy's nowfavorite area. He was busy making little designs in the sand, with his parents watching him while they were lounging around. That is until a Water Ball pokémon popped its head out of the water. The Azurill, as identified by Mr. and Mrs. Richter who still carried pokèdexes just in case, merrily bounced up to the trio with a squeak. This was Andy's first encounter with a pokémon so initially, he recoiled away from it. The Aqua Mouse Pokémon just waved its bouncy tail at him, smiled and squeaked once more which made Andy more cautious now more than afraid as he reached out to pet the Marill of which it took full comfort in. Bob and Martha saw this occur and became overjoyed that their bundle of nerves seemed to have taken a shine to a pokémon and potential new friend. After a whole day of play by Andy and his new found poké-friend, Azurill, the Richters got ready to return to Mahogany Town. Before they left, she squeaked again, waved using that tail of hers and walked back into the lake. From then on, Andy slowly became more outgoing. By age 10 thanks to repeated visits to see Azurill, he was at least being more vocal with the Mahogany Town locals, unless it was the first time meeting a person, in that case, he would start out timid but warm up to him or her after a few minutes of conversation. Andy's homeschooling was going well too, he was learning Middle School levels of reading, writing, and math. Though he was homeschooling well, he wasn't as interested as much. His love of nature though never really diminished still wanting to go to places along Johto such as Corsola Cove, Ecruteak City, and Olivine City, as well as keeping an eye on his neighbors' potted plants.

During the year before his 1th birthday, Andy’s adventurous side started showing up. He would sneak out during the night to explore the areas around Mahogany; not going too much farther than that because he didn't want to worry his mom and dad, he was very respectful of them after all. He yearned to head to rest of the Johto region learning about the many cultures and pokémon present throughout with his own pokémon, little did he know they both were planning quite a surprise for him. On his 18th birthday, the parents let him have a chance at his own adventure, before all that though, was the usual happy birthday Andy followed by the birthday cake and presents which included a backpack, a shell bell, a flashlight as well as a very special, secret surprise that Andy's parents decided to keep secret from him, a certain blue mouse. The soon-to-be breeder was very excited about all the goodies until he remembered he still needed a pokémon, that wouldn't be such a problem though as he could at least get the little mouse via pokemart delivery.

The main question being how would he handle being wholly linked to her, as well as her life source, as she hadn't had to use moves yet.

Starter: Azurill

Name: Aquamarine
Species: Azurill
Ability: Huge power
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: strong-willed
Appearance: same as a normal Azurill

Moves: Starting moves should be level 10 and below! You can select moves across different generations.

-water gun
-bubblebeam
Helping hand
Charm

Last edited:
Name: Andy Richter
Trainer Class (What goal do you have in mind for your character? Andy would look to become a nurse ( if that's even possible) if that doesn't work then it would be a chef or ranger. In terms of the more general classes here it would be a breeder ( I dont think having a mono team is possible without pretty much guaranteeing his death.

Physical Appearance:
Clothing: Long Khaki pants that have quite a few pockets, with the leg sections going down to the sneakers, a light blue polo long sleeve shirt black sneakers with a Pikachu tail thunderbolt design. Andy also packed a pair of blue jeans, a thick sweater that's mainly gray with red sleeves and tan leather boots for Tundra-like areas. As long as the clothes are clean, Andy isn't one for fashion though he could resemble a walking kaleidoscope to some. Aside from that, he will always strive to look presentable.

Personality: Andy is eager to observe the world around him and somewhat inquisitive. That inquisitiveness has made him very bright in terms of knowledge of nature but has also led to an unhealthy sense of danger because of it. Due to still being young, he is still a little naive, which results in him falling for pranks, such as April Fools pranks. However, when this does happen, he will see it as a learning experience and, in fact occasionally going along with it knowing full well that it’s a prank for the sake of humor. One example of this comes from Ratattas or other prankster pokémon hiding his items all over Mahogany Town, the pokémon themselves belonging to other trainers. The scavenger hunts don't bother him as he sees the pokémon as being playful or silly. Andy has high morals and won't allow anything to happen to his friends, going out of his way to try and settle disputes between other locals, even though it's clearly none of his business, telling the truth whenever he does something wrong, or just being around for people that have had bad days. This does lead to him getting into some sticky situations, however, such as people ignoring Andy during a dispute, at which point he will leave them alone. Andy will start out shy to any person or pokèmon but will gradually warm up to them as time goes on and strive above most things to keep his friends happy, beware he will run away from anyone that lashes out at him. Battle-wise Andy favors being more on the defensive side, envisioning pokémon battles to be more like chess matches rather than matches of power preferring to pick his opponents apart with strategy instead

Backstory: Born into a quaint, moderately sized house in Mahogany Town Andy was an introvert at the start of his childhood, clinging mainly to his parents, Bob and Martha Richter for protection due to extreme shyness. This led to him being homeschooled and learning basic reading, writing, and math from them. The parents wanted him to make some friends with any other kids at their favorite spot, which also happens to be where the parents met, , Corsola Cove, around Mt Mortar, dubbed that due to the abundance of Corsola present. However, if they tried to help him he would run away without saying a word with a very scared expression on his face, thus leading the local kids in Mahogany to label him an oddball.

This continued until age 6 during one routine day at Andy's nowfavorite area. He was busy making little designs in the sand, with his parents watching him while they were lounging around. That is until a Water Ball pokémon popped its head out of the water. The Azurill, as identified by Mr. and Mrs. Richter who still carried pokèdexes just in case, merrily bounced up to the trio with a squeak. This was Andy's first encounter with a pokémon so initially, he recoiled away from it. The Aqua Mouse Pokémon just waved its bouncy tail at him, smiled and squeaked once more which made Andy more cautious now more than afraid as he reached out to pet the Marill of which it took full comfort in. Bob and Martha saw this occur and became overjoyed that their bundle of nerves seemed to have taken a shine to a pokémon and potential new friend. After a whole day of play by Andy and his new found poké-friend, Azurill, the Richters got ready to return to Mahogany Town. Before they left, she squeaked again, waved using that tail of hers and walked back into the lake. From then on, Andy slowly became more outgoing. By age 10 thanks to repeated visits to see Azurill, he was at least being more vocal with the Mahogany Town locals, unless it was the first time meeting a person, in that case, he would start out timid but warm up to him or her after a few minutes of conversation. Andy's homeschooling was going well too, he was learning Middle School levels of reading, writing, and math. Though he was homeschooling well, he wasn't as interested as much. His love of nature though never really diminished still wanting to go to places along Johto such as Corsola Cove, Ecruteak City, and Olivine City, as well as keeping an eye on his neighbors' potted plants.

During the year before his 1th birthday, Andy’s adventurous side started showing up. He would sneak out during the night to explore the areas around Mahogany; not going too much farther than that because he didn't want to worry his mom and dad, he was very respectful of them after all. He yearned to head to rest of the Johto region learning about the many cultures and pokémon present throughout with his own pokémon, little did he know they both were planning quite a surprise for him. On his 18th birthday, the parents let him have a chance at his own adventure, before all that though, was the usual happy birthday Andy followed by the birthday cake and presents which included a backpack, a shell bell, a flashlight as well as a very special, secret surprise that Andy's parents decided to keep secret from him, a certain blue mouse. The soon-to-be breeder was very excited about all the goodies until he remembered he still needed a pokémon, that wouldn't be such a problem though as he could at least get the little mouse via pokemart delivery.

The main question being how would he handle being wholly linked to her, as well as her life source, as she hadn't had to use moves yet.

Starter: Azurill
So far so good, though I do need you to add in the additional info about Azurill like it's ability and move set. Once you've got that done then I think you'll be accepted!

Being a nurse is very possible, you'd just need to complete your courses on Nursing. The list of courses can be found in my signature. You should also think about joining the discord, the invite link is in the first post.

Also how does time work here, as I'm seeing the jobs and courses have durations on them. Do we have a specific amount of allocated time or something?
How does time work in the RP?
Time will be largely controlled by you, the RPers; you'll be able to progress time at your own pace.

The Bronze League takes place over a duration of 6 months, however, characters will have four months (16 weeks) to complete the league as the last two months are reserved for the Conference and Grand Festival.

While you will be allowed to progress time at your own pace, you should remain aware of major events such as contests and events which happen on specific dates. If you plan to enter said event or contest, you'll need to ensure you arrive at the specified date.

These events can be seen on the Pokemon League Calendar.

Please keep track of the current date for your character in your posts.
I noticed that Poke-Jobs and travel take up time, how does that work?
Poke-Jobs at Bronze Rank will always consume 1 entire day. It's a 12-hour work day not inclusive of an hour break. These jobs will be thoroughly exhausting and your character will not have the energy to do training or travel after a job.

Whenever you take a Poke-Job you can choose to either RP the day and the job, or you can choose to time-skip it and move onto the next day.

If you don't have a Pokemon that can carry you across vast distances quickly, then you'll have to rely on more mundane means of transportation. However, traveling takes time. It's unrealistic for you to be rapidly jumping from one side of the region to the next without a flying type Pokemon or aircraft of some sort.

Naturally, tickets will cost you money. The price for tickets for each mode of travel as well as the time it should consume can be found here: list of useful prices.
I noticed that courses have durations, how does that work?
Courses will be done during your league trips and will not need to be RPed. You can make free reference to them, but are under no obligation to RP classes if you don't want to.

The duration simply means you won't achieve full mastery until the course has run its course.

For example, a person who's taking a course on Pokemon Sommeliering shouldn't be a master-class Sommelier after only 6 months when the course lasts a year.

If you have any further questions don't hesitate to ask o7

This shouldn't have taken so long lmao, but here's the boy

Name: Kyran Kang

Trainer Class: Battler, but he also wishes to pursue a more education-oriented route during his time in the United Pokemon League so that he can later assist and help raise the next generation of Trainers. That being said, success in battles and rapid advancement through the ranks of the League wouldn't hurt to get him closer to his goals.

Physical Appearance: Kyran stands at about 5'10 with a toned build and slightly tan complexion. His hair is short and black, messily swept to the left, and he has chocolate brown eyes that shine a rich honey color in the sunlight. (image below for reference)

13338_WnWcwS36.png

His casual attire of choice often includes a shirt with minimal design similar to the image above, paired with black jeans and sneakers. Depending on the weather, Kyran may also wear a black nylon bomber over the shirt he is wearing.

Personality: Kyran is rather laidback, being a friendly and amicable individual but never too excited or enthusiastic. However, he exudes much more focus when engaged in his studies or a fierce battle.

Name: Frost
Species: Sandshrew (Alolan)
Ability: Snow Cloak
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Moves: Scratch | Growl | Mist | Powder Snow | Rollout

Last edited: