• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed PokéSync: Discussion Thread

What region should the Rp be held in first?

• Kanto

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Johto

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Unova

• Kalos

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Alola

• Galar

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a perk.
Shouldn't perks be things that don't affect pokemon and give them an unfair advantage? The perks were supposed to be for the character themselves I thought. Like being able to read ancient texts or having more physical stamina. Increasing the beauty of her pokemon is technically an advantage for the pokemon, especially when it come to contests.

Shouldn't perks be things that don't affect pokemon and give them an unfair advantage? The perks were supposed to be for the character themselves I thought. Like being able to read ancient texts or having more physical stamina. Increasing the beauty of her pokemon is technically an advantage for the pokemon, especially when it come to contests.
What you're referring to is the 'talent/passive', while what I'm referring to is an 'active/skill'. Cooking coffins would be an something she would learn at silver.

I kinda assume the class to be a literal class - you sign up for a course on it, attend a certain amount of weeks (or learn by experience in the starter class cases!) and then are able to be proficient in it. Atleast that's what I get from Kyuu's example of learning to cook poffin-

Cooking coffins would be an something she would learn at silver.

My mistake, cooking coffins would be something Esther would likely actively learn and invest energy in. Likewise, I assume subclasses to be crash courses, to allow people to be a jack-of-all-trades (with a schedule bursting at the seam, I suspect) or be those people who dabble in a lot of things to figure out what they want to be.

I kinda assume the class to be a literal class - you sign up for a course on it, attend a certain amount of weeks (or learn by experience in the starter class cases!) and then are able to be proficient in it. Atleast that's what I get from Kyuu's example of learning to cook poffin-

My mistake, cooking coffins would be something Esther would likely actively learn and invest energy in. Likewise, I assume subclasses to be crash courses, to allow people to be a jack-of-all-trades (with a schedule bursting at the seam, I suspect) or be those people who dabble in a lot of things to figure out what they want to be.
That was my initial intent, but after our discussion yesterday it makes more sense if classes are less 'official'. Particularly, I wanted to avoid people being locked into a certain skill set solely because of their class or being unable to obtain skills they wanted.

Based on what was discussed yesterday, you could envision that every Trainer is enrolled in a University, in a very general course. Then it will be up to each Trainer to select which specialized courses they want to take to further their studies.

If your Character's goal is to be a Breeder, then you'd probably want to take the course on how to chain breed or guarantee IVs. You'd want to choose courses that help you become better at whatever it is you want to do. Of course, if you're a Trainer challenging the league there's nothing stopping you from also signing up for the breeder-focused courses, but you'll have to forgo battle-beneficial courses.

So you will sign up for courses, but those courses won't be limited by your class.

Allowing people to dabble in every area is a bit tricky since some skills don't have a sense of progression. For example, making ability capsules to change your Pokemon's ability. It's a singular skill with no mid-points or benchmarks where you could stop learning half-way and actually come out with something useful.

What I'm considering now is making extensive use of the Trainer School. I may create a list of all the courses available for Trainers, and try to structure them with some sense of progression.

E.g.
Year 1, Type Master I — can tutor moves of a specific type below 100 Base Power.
Year 2, Type Master II — can tutor moves of a specific type at and above 100 Base Power.

Disclaimer: the above is just an example and not representative of the final product.

More minor skills may be bundled together and sold as a part of a bigger deal.

E.g.

Pokemon Sommeliering — trainers learns how to judge the condition of Pokemon, use fortitude to handle cooking with exotic berries or items, perform energy massages, etc.

Minor skills such as cooking may fall under multiple courses.

Edit:

Cue making things more complex than they need to be...

Last edited:
so after Bronze the characters will go to school and be trying to advance in Silver rank? It's a big change but could also be fun
I don't want it to sound like a high school RP lol, but yes.

Here's what I have in mind.

At each rank, you would be allowed to do a two-semester term, during which you can learn 'trainers skills'. These skills will involve manipulating fortitude in some way; and so you will only be allowed to take a set number of courses per semester. The exact number of courses has not been determined. It will look something like this:

unknown.png

Useful courses begin at Silver. The only Bronze course available is Trainer General.

Trainer General is an entry level course that your OC can do if, for some reason, they don't know the basics such as type-advantages, physical vs special attacks, etc.

If your Oc already has basics of being a trainer locked, then you're free to skip this course.

So an example of a skill course would be Pharmaceuticals, and this course may have three or four parts to it: Pharmaceuticals I, Pharmaceuticals II, Pharmaceuticals III, Pharmaceuticals IV.

Pharmaceuticals I would be available at Silver and your OC would learn how to create potions, antidotes, paralyze heals etc.

Pharmaceuticals II would be available at Gold and your OC would learn to create super potions, hyper potions, full heals etc.

Pharmaceuticals III would be available at Platinum and your OC would learn to create max potions, full restores, etc.

Pharmaceuticals IV would be available at Master and your OC would learn how to create Ability capsules.

Naturally Pharmaceuticals I would be a prequisite for Pharmaceuticals II and II would be a prequisite for III and so on.

It would be up to you whether to do all of the Pharmaceuticals courses or to stop mid-way.

I feel like this system will allow ocs the most flexibility to mix and match their skill sets. The issue I'm having is just thinking up what courses a trainer might find appealing.

I love the more realistic vibe this gives the RP.
Anyways here is the list of skills to learn:

Can I suggest one like P.E? Just to increase stamina for the trainers? And we definitely need a music based one. Those are just my ideas
Of that's a good idea! A music based one could be interesting, geared toward music that has an effect on pokemon like the pokeflutes. I'll have to look into it to see if it's viable enough to stand on its own.

And I think stamina might be basic enough to let people train on their own. Shouldn't require a course.
I feel like a create an RPG character in a game with this skill list lol
Well you are an RPG character in the game of life~

To gamify it less, these are courses you can take at the trainer school. So they function much like a irl education where you take classes that you think will benefit your future career.

Pokesync turning into Pokeschool RP. Can imagine our characters just chilling in class and stuff now and I’m all for it lel

Oh, and could potential teachers for the later ranks possibly be canon characters like maybe Cynthia, Steven, or even like Serena for certain courses?
No, I planned to say everything was done online.

Uhhh, sure! If that's what y'all want them I'm all for it.

special Oran Berry Based Bandages.
I should note this now.

Berries are considered trainer items and the more exotic berries contain energy that fuels their effects (no, this energy will not let you use more moves). Generally, trainer items on a whole are not sold to the young as the excess of energy could have unwanted effects. So these oran berry bandages and similar items, if they're going to be used on humans, need to be used on someone who's 17 or above.

@Mango137 I noticed a timeline issue. In your first post's a flashback you stated it was 6 Months ago and it said Acacia's birthday was a few weeks off of the start of the Bronze League, but if my math is correct and I take July or August as the estimate of when his birthday is, that would only land him in January or February after 6 Months as opposed to June.
His birthday is December 21st, I said that in the post. I had talked to Kyuu and he said the bronze league is twice a year, so he had just missed the winter one and is now going to be doing the summer one about 6 months later

Assuming he's just using his head like a regular attack, it would be a weakened version since he doesn't know the actual headbutt in game attack. Funny that such a trivial attack would be deemed impossible... but it would still be a weakened version none the less if your going by the rules.
I note that it did 'massive damage', so it seems more like the move than a regular non-move attack. Non-move attacks are perfectly fine in my book, but having them do significant damage would somewhat undermine the energy system.

Name: Redrick 'Red' King
Trainer Class: Super nerd

Physical Appearance: 5'7 ft. Fairly thin. He has a short bright scarlet red spikey pompadour. He has green eyes and pale skin. He's got a strong jawline and broad shoulders. His right arm has a bunch of dark blue feathers tattooed on it. He has light eyebags from occasional sleep deprivation. He looks angry most of the time despite the fact that he rarely is.

Clothing: He wears a bright red t-shirt with a yellow picture of a hooded man. The hooded man in the picture has a purple question mark where his face is supposed to be. He wears a unzipped dark red hoodie(lots of pockets on the inside) covered in neon green symbols; ones, zeroes, unlocked locks, keys, bugs, warning signs, skull/crossbones, and broken shields. His pants are faded, ripped on the knees, and has a red and blue checkered patch on the right thigh. He wears white socks, and red running shoes. Bright red fingerless gloves. Silver digital watch(left arm).

Personality: Redrick is a fairly impatient man which can lead him to being a fairly blunt man. He isn't about to waste time sugar coating his words to make people feel good. He can be insensitive and sometimes detached. He's passionate about what he does, but can sometimes take those passions too far. His passion can sometimes make him obsessive and nit-picky. Because if his mannerisms, this has lead him to having more than a few less than ideal interactions. Though whenever he doesn't overthink things he can be a decent dude and sometimes friendly. He's never gonna ask you 'how do you feel?', but he probably doesn't hate you either. I guess not. Whatever.

Backstory: Redrick grew up in a relatively poor family. His mother had two jobs, and his father was a pokemon trainer, but his father wasn't any good. His father never managed to get the silver rank as a result. What money they did make was spent in vain so that Redrick's dad could try pursue his dream of becoming a 'pokémon master'. Because of this Redrick resented his father, and had a relative dislike for pokémon trainers in general. The whole competition seemed like a waste of time in his eyes. So many people would come in optimistic only for reality to crush their spirit when they'd inevitably get 'a real job' instead of perusing a fantasy goal such as becoming 'a pokéman master'.

Hearing trainers express their passion in battling only infuriated him more. When Redrick was in his early teens he spent a lot of his after school time in an after school job to help his mom pay the bills so they could keep the lights on. His dad was still trying to become 'a pokémon master'. Eventually his father crossed the line and lashed out at Redrick and his mother. This was the last straw as his mother had ordered a divorce and his father got some time in a cell.

Redrick worked at an electronics. He was pretty good at it considering he knew more than any other employee in the entire store. He got into hacking when he was 14. It didn't take him long to learn the do's and don'ts of the dark web. Redrick became pretty efficient at hacking. By the time he was 17 he could buy guns, drugs, assassins, or sell his services as a hacker. He used his hacking skills multiple times under different aliases. (Don't worry, Redrick never did any drugs or anything. He could, but chooose not to like a 'good boi')

Hacker Aliases; The_Ilusive_Man, R3dM@sk, Fancy-Dan-The-Ladies-Man, ThAtDuDe909, Pokéfan963 (For irony sake), Red Dragon, W!tch_D0cter, and most recently Hammerhead. For a short while Redrick lead a small hacker group called 'The Crimson Keys'. He since left the group, but the group is still kicking. They still sometimes seek advice from, and veteran members sometimes send rookies to gain his 'approval' if they want to be allowed into the group. Redrick became so accustomed to hacking that eventually he became bored with it which is why he left The Crimson Keys. It became too routine. Eventually after using his connections, he managed to find and befriend some like minded people. They weren't hackers, but they were decent folk.

Name: Gitchi (derived from the Japanese word グリッチ Guritchi )
Species: Porygon
Ability: download
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Appearance: He's bigger than average porygon, but other than that looks like a regular porygon
Moves: conversion 2, tackle, sharpen, and psybeam.

Edit: fixed a minor grammatical error.

Last edited:
Name: Redrick 'Red' King
Trainer Class: Super nerd

Physical Appearance: 5'7 ft. Fairly thin. He has a short bright scarlet red spikey pompadour. He has green eyes and pale skin. He's got a strong jawline and broad shoulders. His right arm has a bunch of dark blue feathers tattooed on it. He has light eyebags from occasional sleep deprivation. He looks angry most of the time despite the fact that he rarely is.

Clothing: He wears a bright red t-shirt with a yellow picture of a hooded man. The hooded man in the picture has a purple question mark where his face is supposed to be. He wears a unzipped dark red hoodie(lots of pockets on the inside) covered in neon green symbols; ones, zeroes, unlocked locks, keys, bugs, warning signs, skull/crossbones, and broken shields. His pants are faded, ripped on the knees, and has a red and blue checkered patch on the right thigh. He wears white socks, and red running shoes. Bright red fingerless gloves. Silver digital watch(left arm).

Personality: Redrick is a fairly impatient man which can lead him to being a fairly blunt man. He isn't about to waste time sugar coating his words to make people feel good. He can be insensitive and sometimes detached. He's passionate about what he does, but can sometimes take those passions too far. His passion can sometimes make him obsessive and nit-picky. Because if his mannerisms, this has lead him to having more than a few less than ideal interactions. Though whenever he doesn't overthink things he can be a decent dude and sometimes friendly. He's never gonna ask you 'how do you feel?', but he probably doesn't hate you either. I guess not. Whatever.

Backstory: Redrick grew up in a relatively poor family. His mother had two jobs, and his father was a pokemon trainer, but his father wasn't any good. His father never managed to get the silver rank as a result. What money they did make was spent in vain so that Redrick's dad could try pursue his dream of becoming a 'pokémon master'. Because of this Redrick resented his father, and had a relative dislike for pokémon trainers in general. The whole competition seemed like a waste of time in his eyes. So many people would come in optimistic only for reality to crush their spirit when they'd inevitably get 'a real job' instead of perusing a fantasy goal such as becoming 'a pokéman master'.

Hearing trainers express their passion in battling only infuriated him more. When Redrick was in his early teens he spent a lot of his after school time in an after school job to help his mom pay the bills so they could keep the lights on. His dad was still trying to become 'a pokémon master'. Eventually his father crossed the line and lashed out at Redrick and his mother. This was the last straw as his mother had ordered a divorce and some time in a cell.

Redrick worked at an electronics. He was pretty good at it considering he knew more than any other employee in the entire store. He got into hacking when he was 14. It didn't take him long to learn the do's and don'ts of the dark web. Redrick became pretty efficient at hacking. By the time he was 17 he could buy guns, drugs, assassins, or sell his services as a hacker. He used his hacking skills multiple times under different aliases. (Don't worry, Redrick never did any drugs or anything. He could, but chooose not to like a 'good boi')

Hacker Aliases; The_Ilusive_Man, R3dM@sk, Fancy-Dan-The-Ladies-Man, ThAtDuDe909, Pokéfan963 (For irony sake), Red Dragon, W!tch_D0cter, and most recently Hammerhead. For a short while Redrick lead a small hacker group called 'The Crimson Keys'. He since left the group, but the group is still kicking. They still sometimes seek advice from, and veteran members sometimes send rookies to gain his 'approval' if they want to be allowed into the group. Redrick became so accustomed to hacking that eventually he became bored with it which is why he left The Crimson Keys. It became too routine. Eventually after using his connections, he managed to find and befriend some like minded people. They weren't hackers, but they were decent folk.

Name: Corvus (Latin for crow)
Species: Murkrow
Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Appearance: He's bigger than average murkrow, but other than that looks like a regular murkrow
Moves: peck, astonish, and pursuit.
Accepted, though we might need to go over how hacking would work given Pokemon like Rotom and Porygon exist and are being used to enhance technology.

Accepted, though we might need to go over how hacking would work given Pokemon like Rotom and Porygon exist and are being used to enhance technology.
Pokemon don't think like people. There are always be loopholes. Weak points in security systems. Someone will find them and exploit them, then find more ways to go about their business. A smart hacker will also cover their tracks and not get caught.

Heck... they might have some tool that allows them to enter someone's system disguised as a rotom/porygon thus easy to overlook...

I note that it did 'massive damage', so it seems more like the move than a regular non-move attack. Non-move attacks are perfectly fine in my book, but having them do significant damage would somewhat undermine the energy system.
I meant that in the fact that it had a lot of momentum, Gligar jumped off a tree and glided straight down into the starly which pinned it between gligars head and the ground, which is what caused the massive damage and not the move itself

Hi! I have a question, can we choose the color of our Rotom Phone? I searched for them on Google Images and saw they have different colors, just wanted to check if I can have mine be pink.
Go for it.
Pokemon don't think like people. There are always be loopholes. Weak points in security systems. Someone will find them and exploit them, then find more ways to go about their business. A smart hacker will also cover their tracks and not get caught.

Heck... they might have some tool that allows them to enter someone's system disguised as a rotom/porygon thus easy to overlook...
Pokemon are a lot smarter after the Viruses and most of the pokemon used for security would probably be bonded with a specialist, it would be extremely difficult to hack a system protected by a pokemon that can manipulate data in supernatural ways. Writing code good enough to get around that would be again, extremely difficult. So to hack major things that will likely be protected by a joint team of humans and pokemon, you're also going to need your own hack-specialist pokemon.
I meant that in the fact that it had a lot of momentum, Gligar jumped off a tree and glided straight down into the starly which pinned it between gligars head and the ground, which is what caused the massive damage and not the move itself
Alrighto, no problem then.

Go for it.

Pokemon are a lot smarter after the Viruses and most of the pokemon used for security would probably be bonded with a specialist, it would be extremely difficult to hack a system protected by a pokemon that can manipulate data in supernatural ways. Writing code good enough to get around that would be again, extremely difficult. So to hack major things that will likely be protected by a joint team of humans and pokemon, you're also going to need your own hack-specialist pokemon.

Alrighto, no problem then.

So I switch murkrow with porygon. Hopefully he can catch a murkrow later on...

The list of courses has been completed. Please review the list and offer criticism and suggestions. Do suggest more trainer-profession related skills that you might be interested in.

(See the Trainer's School Tab in the Sheet Below.)

List of Courses

upload_2021-6-21_22-59-18.png

upload_2021-6-21_22-59-39.png

upload_2021-6-21_23-0-0.png

upload_2021-6-21_23-0-20.png

upload_2021-6-23_22-26-2.png

upload_2021-6-21_23-0-46.png

upload_2021-6-21_23-1-8.png

upload_2021-6-21_23-1-40.png

upload_2021-6-23_22-26-24.png

upload_2021-6-21_23-1-58.png

upload_2021-6-21_23-2-16.png