• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon XS - Sprite Comic

I made these when I got bored a little while ago. Hope you enjoy them.

Comic001.jpg

Comic002.jpg

Comic003.jpg

Comic004.jpg

Comic005.jpg

Comic006.jpg

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I 100% wholeheartedly approve. I've never really had any idea of what to do with a Pokemon comic despite having the motivation to try a few out in the past, and this genuinely made me laugh out loud in places.

Great stuff, look forward to more.

Yeah, this is some good work dude, I much prefer how you stage battles on the overworld, much more visually satisfying than switching to standard battle scenes and overlaying them with trainer comments like other pokemon comics. Now if only the game developers would see that...

Nice...a good-quality sprite comic for once. You do really well with layout and sprite choice. Nice job. Everything flows really well, and I chuckled a bit (I rarely actually laugh when reading comics).

Curious, though...is anybody going to get the squirtle? :3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is totally my sort of humor, and it stylistically looks GOOD XD

No noticeable grammar mistakes, and the text/bubbles are displayed really well. I'd rate this as one of the better Pokemon sprite comics I've read to be honest. Most of 'em just end up boring (or plain stupid), but this I'd keep reading if you posted more.

Keep up the great work. Ever gonna tell us the names of the main characters? ;)

Thanks for the positive response guys!

Time to answer a few questions =)

@Persian: We'll have to wait and see - I haven't actually decided on whether there'd be a trainer for Squirtle or not.
@Linkachu: It's become one of the comics 'things' not to name the two main characters. I'll probably keep them nameless (though they are named on their sprite sheet =O)
@Skippy: StellarWind is right, they're Mystery Dungeon rips.

Now ... Issue 7! A quick detour from the plot for a relatively cheap joke.
Comic007.jpg

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I always said vitamins in Pokemon games were steroids XP

Site looks good, but the geocities banners shame it. I wonder if Oak could host it the way he does TBAs? You should poke him about it =)

Oh jeez, I totally know how that goes in 8. I can never find a Pikachu! I really like the set up of your comics, hope to see more!

xD I love the Celadon Drug Store joke, perfect.​

The website looks pretty neat. Cool layout and I like the transparent characters in the banner.

As for the recent comics...heheheh...they were both really funny. I actually laughed with the drugs one (though, like Linkachu, I always imagined them to be more like steroids). Very funny...especially how the main character just can't catch Pikachu. Silly Pikachu...XD

Thanks for the feedback guys. It's always appreciated.

Here's issue nine, following directly on from where eight left off.

Comic009.jpg

Excellent comic, the Celadon and Pokémon Centre one made me chuckle quite a lot. Good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Xanthier. Well, it's time for the tenth issue and an exciting competition!

That's right, to coincide with the tenth issue of Pokémon XS, I'm giving away one of each of the following:
- Deoxys
- Lugia
- Ho Oh
- Mew
- Mewtwo

All of them are legitimately captured, and all are holding one Master Ball
Details on this competition can be found after the comic

Comic010.jpg

Competition Details

Remember, this competition is to win a legitimate legendary, holding a Master Ball! We have a Deoxys, a Mew, a Ho Oh, a Lugia and a Mewtwo to give away - this means there will be five winners!

Before You Enter

The Pokémon will be given to the winners via the GTS. Make sure you have WiFi and can access the GTS. Anyone who fails to claim their Pokémon within a week automatically forfeits it.

OK, So What Do I Have To Do?

Simply go to the Pokémon XS forums (click here) and register an account. There's a topic for the competition, all you need do is post to say you want in on the contest.

On June 5th, I will use a random number generator to select five numbers. If one of those numbers matches your member number on the Pokémon XS forums, you win! It's as simple as that.

Winners will be notified via PM on the Pokémon XS forums and a time to trade etc will be arranged - be sure to have a level 2 Bidoof or something to trade for your prize.

Remember!

All these Pokémon are 100% legitimate and come as they were caught (bar the Master Ball they hold). Deoxys was caught on Birth Island, Lv30. Mew was caught on Faraway Island, Lv30. Lugia and Ho Oh were captured at Navel Rock, both Lv70 and Mewtwo hails from Cerulean Cave, Lv70

They're on my Fire Red and Emerald games and are waiting to be Pal Parked to my Diamond.

Rules

One entry per person! Anyone found to be making more than one account simply to increase their chances of winning will be disqualified!

You have a week to claim your Pokémon if you win, otherwise, you forfeit it to another member who shall be chosen via the same random number generator system.

In the interest of fairness, I will choose which Pokémon you get if you win. No complaining that you already have a Deoxys and want Mew.

My decisions regarding the competition are final and can not be argued.

Well, what are you waiting for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Heh,

I just figured out why I enjoy this comic so much more than other pokemon comics.

Meta-humour. That, ladies and gents, is where it's at. Nothing like good self-referencing of a phenomena.

Nice competition too, if only I could take part...

OH. MY. GOD. JOHTO IN COLOR!

where'd you get that pic from?

.../me kills and takes that photograph to nintendo and FORCES them to do a 4th gen johto remake

I use sprites ripped from the games, Paint for sprite editing and PhotoShop for putting it all together.

As for how did I get the Silver thing, Silver himself I edited from Red and New Bark Town is a revamp made by Vicener using FR/LG/R/S/E stuff (I need to add a credits page to my site for things like that)

Wow, it's been a long time since I last made one of these.

Apologies for the large gap in issues, but I had several things going on that took priority.

Anyway, issues 13 and 14! (I'm aware 13 is a little cheap, but meh)

Comic013.jpg

Comic014.jpg

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I didn't realize I'd missed so many of these, but issue 11 just cracked me up. Poor, forgotten Johto hero :(

I see the forth wall just crumbled, lol. Guess it was bound to happen. Looking forward to how you handle the battle in the next comic.

Very nice comics once again! Also I'm curious, whatever happened to the competition? I checked up the forum and judging by some of the posts the prizes were never given.

The compo went ahead, but most people never turned up for their trades and one guy didn't even reply when I tried to organise giving him his Pokemon.

Still, two or three of the winners did claim their Pokemon and are very happy with them.

Well, wanting to get Pewter Gym out of the way and progress onto the next little arc in this shabby excuse for a plot, I ended up making three more this morning.

Comic015.jpg

Comic016.jpg

Comic017.jpg

Man, Brock must have taken that pretty hard. Though, it is the truth.
Anyways, very nice! Keep`em coming, they make my day every time I read one!

I'm amazed there's no reference of asking for a legendary when you have a lovely Bidoof for trade, heh. The comic is still damn true, heh.

Two new issues. The second of which ties in with the European release of Diamond and Pearl (out Friday)

Comic019.jpg

Comic020.jpg

That's 20 issues in! =D