• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon XS - Sprite Comic

So, when is Charmander going to evolve? And what kind of attack is super soak? And she did something this time too. Anywho. Great to see you back and I was almost beginning to think you left.

hahahaha, omg, this comic so has me! I love it! Hahaha, jeez, I can't stop laughing at a few, like "Please come again," which I have always noticed, lol, and charmander not evolving, this is so hilarious, I am totally following this from now on.

Wow, this comic is quite amazing. I like how our more satirical hero breaks the fourth wall, and points out or does something about the faults of a video-game Pok

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
OMGTHATWASSOGOOD!!!

Seriously, it was! Where did Bill go?

Yay for Wartortle! I WANNA CHARMELEON HERE RIGHT NOW!!!

And I didn't really think the girl was going to say the "d" word... *won't type it*

And where'd you get the hole sprite? Anyways, Sakamoto, great job (again). Your spritre comic is the best I've ever seen!

Bill was taken with Neo Team Rocket

And yah, hole sprite is edited off of an MD Diglett, nicely spotted

358115f5.jpg

Well you see a Diglett several times in BOTH games, so it was easy for me.

Either way, I love how the satirical hero is so blinded by love, and how the other trainer is the complete opposite, being highly suspecious of the female.
Even when you get past the story's climax, don't stop. With the characters or the story. This is by far one of the best fan-made Pokemon comics ever.

Didn't think of a CD being burnt ... And now I re-read it I guess patch could be taken as a slight pun too

To finish off the Bill arc ...

Comic039.jpg

Also, check the Drunk Duck profile on Christmas Day for the Christmas Special! (Which I'll post here a day later - I'll be visiting relatives but can set the Drunk Duck to upload it now but only display it after midnight on Christmas Eve)

That is BEYOND sick. Also beyond funny. Is it some form of twist on PalletShipping (Ash and Gary)? God I hope romance doesn't develop in THEM.

Also, is the girl based on Blue from Pok

haha, that bisexual joke sounds like something one of my /straight/ friends would do...as a joke of course...I hope...but anyways, these last comics have been hilariously well made...as you should expect considering I love all of the Pokemon XS comics...

Does this mean he now has a Squitle? Or is it purely out of the normal continuity? Either way, love the Christmas special. Oh and finally the main character breaks the fourth wall (not saying I was waiting for it, but still a good time to have it happen).

And his reaction to the Fearow was hilarious. Keep 'em coming!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
LOLOLOLOLOLL......*five hundred and thirty-six years later...*
LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! Tat was a great Christmas special!!! I especially like the crying Squirtle/roasting Fearow part!!

Keep up the good work, Sakamoto!!! But... I hate to say this, but I didn't really like #39. Yeah, funny but gross. But still! Keep on writing!

LOL That was funny. Are they going to bring that roasted Fearow to KFC? Or does KFC only accept Torchic and Combusken? Great job on your comics, and Happy Christmas to you. :) (I believe it's okay to say Happy Christmas, because today is the actual holiday, and I celebrate it. I already said "Happy Hannukah" to my Jewish friends earlier this month even though I'm not Jewish, and after today I'll say Happy "insert holiday here" to those who celebrate it. Saying Happy "insert holiday here" should not be considered offensive because that's letting people know that you celebrate that holiday. I'm sorry for going into this rant, Sakamoto and everyone else.)

Your 40 comics are amazing, Sakamoto, and they make me happy when I am sad, so thank you. :) I'll be back to see more of your comics. Happy Christmas to you again.

Does this mean he now has a Squitle? Or is it purely out of the normal continuity? Either way, love the Christmas special. Oh and finally the main character breaks the fourth wall (not saying I was waiting for it, but still a good time to have it happen).

And his reaction to the Fearow was hilarious. Keep 'em coming!
Wait, breaks wha? ???

Nah, he doesn't have a Squirtle now
His line up is (and this is actually told in the issues)
Charmander
Pikachu (he traded 50 Weedles for it)
Rattata
Pidgey
(both shown in "What do you think of my new Pokemon?" "A rat and a pidgeon ... Score"

Comic041.jpg

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, after Neo Team Rocket, we finally get back on track with Gym Leaders. It could be a laugh when Pikachu loses to Misty, but I'll just have to wait and see. Oh, and I kinda missed some of your comics, and I must say, "Parting Ways" seems awkward.... nice job on the newer comics! Too bad he couldn't get a Squirtle, though.....

Man ur sprite comics are funny keep them coming i want to see wat happends next like oh is the leader of xs team rocket or if ash is in it or or or or if i make a specail guess star just kiding XD i wonder wat pokemon he would catch oh and wats there names? i never fond it out?

Man ur sprite comics are funny keep them coming i want to see wat happends next like oh is the leader of xs team rocket or if ash is in it or or or or if i make a specail guess star just kiding XD i wonder wat pokemon he would catch oh and wats there names? i never fond it out?

Mod Edit: You posted the exact same thing! Next time, please check to see whether your post has gone through before submitting it again. Or delete the second post when you see it.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Fantastic update!

Either way, I love how the satirical hero is so blinded by love, and how the other trainer is the complete opposite, being highly suspecious of the female.

Yup!

Also rolling my eyes a lot at the comments regarding #39. Not sure why everyone's suddenly assuming the guy's gay just because he said "y'know...". He didn't even say that he wanted to kiss his friend! ::) Anyway, aren't they both about 10?

Love the last panel of #41.

Watch out for your spelling, though - Wartortle, not Wortortle ;).

Sankai: "breaking the fourth wall" happens when a character shows his or her awareness of the audience, e.g. by talking directly to them. You can find out a lot more at Wikipedia: fourth wall.

Thanks, it looked a little odd when I typed it out

I feel it's about time I started ...
Just a little FAQ

Logo.gif

bios1.png
bios2.png
bios3.png
bios4.png

bios3.png

Welcome, and thanks for coming, before I begin, do you three have names? It'd sure make the interview a lot easier.

bios1.png

We don't tend to use each other's names. There's never been a situation that's called for it.

bios2.png

And I doubt there ever will be.

bios3.png

So, what should I call you?

bios2.png

The trainers, the protagonists, heck, call us Betty and Veronica if you like.

bios1.png

Can I be Betty?

bios3.png

Ahem. So anyway, lots of people have asked, what Pokemon are in your squads?

bios1.png

At the moment, I have a Charmander, a Pikachu, a Rattata, and a Pidgey.

bios2.png

I'd rather not disclose that information in case another trainer uses it against me, though it is widely known that my main Pokemon is an Ivysaur.

bios3.png

Right, right, so, what's the deal with the girl?

bios4.png

Excuse me?

bios3.png

Well, unless you have a name you'd like to go by?

bios4.png

The female trainer will do.

bios3.png

OK. So, what is the deal?

bios4.png

The 'deal' is that I met these two when they helped me flush Neo Team Rocket out of Mount Moon.

bios3.png

Seems I'm barking up the wrong tree ... So, on the topic of Neo Team Rocket, what do you know about them?

bios4.png

That the original Team Rocket were criminals, and these guys don't seem to be much different.

bios1.png

To be fair, we know practically nothing about them ...

bios2.png

But they definately have to be stopped!

bios3.png

Right ... Now, a fair few people have said that someone here has a 'thing' for our female trainer.

bios2.png

Could we, possibly, skip that question?

bios3.png

Yes, but there has been a little confusion towards your ... Preferences ... For example, there was a moment you instigated on the bridge outside Bill's house that -

bios2.png

NOTHING HAPPENED! It was a joke that people took too seriously! Nothing more!

bios3.png

OK ... So, what is it you two want to achieve?

bios1.png

I want to be a Pokemon Master, and have my name put down in the chronicles of Pokemon history!

bios3.png

But I thought you said you don't have a name?

bios1.png

Maybe, but my picture will be there!

bios3.png

Shall I assume the same is true for your friend?

bios2.png

Beats doing anything else, I mean, we seemingly don't have school or a job to worry about, so I figure I may as well keep tagging along.

bios3.png

Are you sure you two aren't -

bios2.png

POSITIVE.

bios4.png

Hey, am I going to be asked any more questions, or can I leave now?

bios3.png

Oh, actually, I do have one question for you. Are you a good guy, or are you evil?

bios4.png

*Storms out with an offended look on her face*

bios2.png

I'm er, just gonna go see if she's OK ...

bios1.png

Oh. Looks like I should probably leave too.

bios3.png

But I still have more questions!

bios1.png

And I have a friend to catch up to.

bios3.png

*Sighs* OK, thank you very much for this interview. It's been a fun insight.

bios1.png

No problem. Thank you again for this oppurtunity.

Oh God, that was hilarious! Seriously. And I think it created more questions than answers, really, but still a good laugh.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
.... WTHeck, what was THAT about? And you STILL didn't tell us their names! Seriously, I understand that "the female trainer will do" actually WILL do, because Misty and everyone else will never be called "the female trainer", and "the female trainer" doesn't really need a name becuase, well, everyone knows who we're talking about when we talk about her! As for the two males...

Seriously, there has been times when I only wanted to refer to one of them, but I was never really able to say anything about that "one", so I just totally skipped what I wanted to say and go on to the next "important" thing that I wanted to say. And I will NEVER call them "Becky" and "Veronica" for the sake of sanity. [size=3pt](though I'm not really sane, as some of the people that were in the chat room the same time that I was found out...)[/size]

Hahaha, lol, both an electric and a grass type, haha, funny. And the interview? Oh gosh, my family is looking at me funny because I'm laughing at the computer! Great work, Sakamoto!

Hehe, that interview is teh awesome. =D I will now call them Betty and Veronica. Can't wait till your next comic!

LOL at Betty and Veronica. I know those two! Maybe you could call the girl: Archie, and call Neo Team Rocket: Jughead. Your comics are funny and amazing. Keep up the great work. In the words of Arnold Swarzenegger: "I'll be back..." with pastries! JK