• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (RP)

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
"This way!" Billy exclaimed. Billy led Beige, Leaf and Tilly into a passageway between two tall hotels. It was dark down here and it seemed to be a dead end. Billy was trying to get everybody into a hiding place. Billy pushed the crate to the side and opened a wooden shaft in the ground and opened it with a key he had. Leaf, Tilly and Beige gasped, though Leaf was the loudest. Billy led them through a long tunnel, then shut the hatch. They all entered a large stone room-an underground hallway and a large group of people were waiting for them.

"You're not the only person with cool tricks and secrets." Billy told Beige.

"Where are we?" Leaf asked.

"We're underground. This is...a secret meeting area for those who are part of a group called the Pewter City Patriots. I believe the journalists on the TV called us the 'Pewter City Society Against Red.'

"But that's what we really are!" A large plump old man with a white beard chuckled. Then the other members of the Pewter City Patriots laughed.

"Today, the gym has been destroyed by Red's evil Enforcers." Billy said to the crowd. "During a rally we held, all the members except for me, were arrested." The crowd of people looked down to the ground. They weren't near as happy to hear the news, though many people had been tuning into the TVs dotted around the rooms.

"I foresaw that this day would come...when the people of Pewter City would have to rally themselves against the common threat...Red..." The voice was almost like a whispered but everyone could hear it. It came from a strange man in the crowd.The man walked forward slowly. He wore a mask and his purple jacket made him appear like some magician.

"Who are you?" Beige asked.

"We...do not know his name...we tried asking, but...he didn't say anything." Billy said.

"If the right person asks, the right person shall recieve it." The masked man looked at Beige.

"How do you know this person is legit?" Tilly asked.

"We've had a few times when the Enforers tried to find us out. Everytime an Enforcer was outside of the shaft, this man has saved us each time, with his psychic type pokemon. He also seems to have strange abilities. I would say it was magic, but I don't believe in it." Billy explained.

"It does exist." The masked man muttered. He looked at Beige and Leaf. "You two are special...I can sense it..." Beige and Leaf looked at each other and pulled a face. "Especially you..." The masked man stared at Beige. "You want to know my real name? I used to be a member of the elite four. My real name is Will."

Last edited by a moderator:
Mason winced as he was injected but he immediately felt relief, once able to make out Hibiki's words he shrugged. There was a time when the pokemon here were weaker, but he assumed with increasing threats they started leveling up. He grinned at the Squirtle who ran to him and hugged his trainer, Mason rubbed Bubble's head before looking up at Fighter who was still panting, standing by himself and shaking his wrist as if it were injured. Hibiki was right, none of his pokemon were looking to well. Returning both Fighter and Bubble's he reattached the balls to his belt and jumped with surprise at an unfamiliar voice. He then looked down at the Pikachu who blinked before scurrying away- Mason gritted his teeth as he returned his attention back to the injured enforcer. He listened quietly to Hibiki's conversation with the male before gasping, how could he be so clueless?
Of course, an antidote! Hurriedly digging through his bag, Mason came up empty handed and sighed. He knelt beside Bulls-eye and scooped up the flying-type, "Rest up bud-" he muttered distantly before returning the pokemon. It was all still a blur but it seemed his Pidgey had saved him, it was odd how after only a day he felt so close to all of his team.
Shaking the distracting thoughts away Mason raised his brows at the guard's picture before his orange eye grew wide, Beige. He had completely forgotten about the mysterious boy. Forgotten about the speech and the dead bodies, while battling he was free of all those worries and now they had come back. "You don't understand... I need her to see the truth too." Beige's words echoed in Mason's head and a shudder was sent down his spine. What an odd kid, and the fact it wasn't that Maosn didn't understand him that was the problem- but Beige had completely left him hanging and didn't explain what he meant.
"Yeah, we better get going now." he muttered quietly.

*(I'd like to prepare for another Time Skip. It's been a long day.)

The sun had just begun its descent when three bedraggled and travel-weary young men limped their way into Pewter City. Mason had set the pace, refusing to go any slower than a moderate jog, as his Pidgey's health continued to wane. Hibiki kept up with him only with the aid of his walking stick, but Kei started to fall back over time. At one point, he'd taken out his radio, and was now apparently deep in conversation with whoever he answered to on the other end. As they passed the first buildings, Hibiki wrinkled his nose.

"Pewter City. Emphasis on the "pew"; everything smells like smoke today. Do you think it's stuck in our clothes?"

"It could be," said Mason, pointing ahead. "Or maybe it's coming from over there." Hibiki followed the direction of his finger, and sure enough, there was a cloud of smog drifting above the northernmost section of the city. He felt the remaining strength in his limbs dry up, as hope left him. "What the HELL, man! What is the deal with this region? It's been more-or-less peaceful in Johto where I'm from, but this . . . it's like the Islamic State moved in or something." His foot crunched on something soft and metallic, and he looked to see a discarded soda can. "Or a college frat party. What happened here?"

Kei appeared between the two, having caught up at that moment. "I can tell you. The Master was here just a few hours ago."

Hibiki stopped walking and looked at him. "The Master?" His eyes lightened in sudden recognition. "Oh . . . Master Red!"

"The one and only," said the Enforcer, nodding. "Most of the city came out to see him. He was holding a rally, with the intent to boost public morale after that cowardly Rocket attack in Viridian City." His eyes narrowed. "And wouldn't you know it . . . as soon as he left, a bunch of the pricks went and tore up the city's museum. Don't worry, the Military Police went in and neutralized the threat earlier, so it should be safe now."

Hibiki shook his head, disgusted. "People these days. Why is it so hard to just sit down and have a reasonable discussion? . . . Well, at least the gym and pokemon center are safe, right?"

Kei looked at him hesitantly and gave an uncomfortable cough. "Um . . . about the gym-"

"Hey!" Mason waved back at Hibiki, having gone nearly a block ahead. "Why'd you stop? Come on, we're almost there!"

With a nod, Hibiki picked his jog back up, and Kei gave him a brief salute. "Sorry, kid, but this is where we part ways. I need to get back to my unit. Thanks again for your assist back there, and I wish you the best on your journey. 'Til we meet again, keep your nose clean!"

"Yeah, uh, you too," said Hibiki, as he turned away. Well, he thought, He seemed like a good, decent guy. We could use more people like that, with the world being what it is.

Hibiki walked into the pokemon center, in time to see the nurse cart away Mason's pokemon. A reporter's voice could be heard from a television in the corner, and it played footage on a loop, displaying the ruined gym. Hibiki watched for a few seconds with his arms crossed, until Mason came up beside him, also catching sight of the news.

"Wow. That sucks."

"Yep. So . . . d'you think it was Beige's doing? He was going this way, and I wouldn't put it past the little anarchist."

"Well . . . I dunno. Isn't he collecting badges like we are? Seems counterproductive."

"Hm. Either way, we need to be careful. Let's find somewhere to eat and sleep, preferably with a locked door."

(Time Skip)

A helicopter flew towards the site where the former gym was. A small, already made building slammed down from the sky-this helicopter had been designed to carry it forward with a long metal claw attatched to it. In the underground, Beige and Leaf awoke to see this news on the TV screens dotted around the stone rooms. They had been sleeping in tents that had been specifically set up for them. When they emerged from the tents, they saw other people coming from hundreds more tents, and then there were the people without tents who were sleeping on the stone cold floor. Beige and Leaf met up with each other, and then they met up with Billy and Tilly. The four of them ate breakfast with each other on some wooden benches that were found in the 'kitchen' area.

"Did you see the news?" Leaf asked.

"Yes." Beige replied.

"They're planning to replace you." Tilly said, opening her mouth. "I can tell, by the way they're pushing everything to the side as if it never happened."

"What should I do?" Billy asked.

"I say you do this. You, Billy, must stay down here. But you see, a lot of Pewter City's population are here, right? So that means you can still act as the gym leader, just in secret. Those who you know come here and can come here without telling the Enforcers, can be invited to take the secret gym challenge. Meanwhile, you could have someone else scout out that new building. Maybe they could reclaim it for you in secret." Beige explained. Billy thought this was a strange idea at first, but he grew to like it as he realised he couldn't spend his life not doing anything.

"Who will we send?" Billy asked.

"Er...I don't know..." Beige shrugged.

"Me!" Tilly shouted.

"But you are not that good at pokemon battling." Billy responded.

"Yes but...I'm a good actor. I can fool the Enforcers into thinking I'm on their side. Let me go." Tilly got up from her seat.

"Alright now but...don't let the secret out...and..." Billy placed a small spherical camera into the holes in Tilly's pink jumper. The camera was linked to a tablet Billy pulled out. "That camera will be there so we can experience what you're experiencing." Billy said. "Take care now!"

Half an hour later, Tilly was in the overworld Pewter City. She approached the new gym. It had a poster saying 'Applicants wanted.' Tilly entered the reception room. She had to make a fake identity up. An Enforcer and construction builder walked towards her.

"We got a new gym leader already?!" The construction worker chuckled.

"It's not like we've got any other applicants...and besides, the incident was random. I heard Red wanted to replace the gym leader as soon as possible...so, instead of taking someone he knew was good from his list, he wanted to find someone new..."

Tilly was given a form to fill out. She saw the first box: 'NAME.' Tilly tried to think of the most edgy and interesting name and wrote down the name 'Petra.' One hour later, the new gym leader sat in a chair towards the end of the room. The room was filled with trainers training the rock type. The receptionist, Enforcers and construction workers had all gone. It was that easy.

PopeyPenguin

Previously Mecha Who
Mike walked to Pewter city. A beatiful place, in his opinion. He walked with his Squirtle following him, as the Pokemon walked water splashed. "Try to don't splash water, Squirtle." The black haired boy said, as he looked down, seeing his black paints wet. His black All-Stars were a little bit wet too, but his black pants were just... literally wet. His white T-shirt wasn't wet.

'Applications wanted.' Was what Mike readed at the new gym. Now he needed to wait, which he didn't want to.

"Squirtle Squirtle!" The pokemon cried, trying to break the door. Mike stopped him with his leg, moving it to where the head of the Squirtle hitted.

"Don't do this my friend; Instead," Mike said with the most calm voice ever. "Let's see the old gym." The boy said, walking to the old building and entering it. No one inside it.

"Okay, I give up. Now I need to wait." The boy said lefting the old building and returning to the city. Weird, there was a smell... a weird one... it smelled like... smoke? What happened earlier? Did Red came here? Or an explosion happened? 'The chances of an explosions happening are more than the chances of Red appearing here. So, explosion.' Mike thought, looking around to see where the explosion happened.

At about eight in the morning, Hibiki emerged from the pokecenter's public bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth, trudging his way sleepily toward the reception desk. The resident Chansey, noticing his approach, disappeared into the back. A moment later, a red-haired woman with even redder eyes emerged, her countenance distant and utterly devastated. It was immediately apparent that she had been crying for a long time, and instead of the normal nurse whites, she was dressed in black mourning garb. All sleepiness immediately left Hibiki, and in shame, he took out his toothbrush and bitterly swallowed the remaining paste in his mouth.

"Your pokemon are ready for you," said the nurse in a hollow, croaking voice. She placed Hibiki's pokeballs on the countertop in an automatic motion, not making eye contact with him. Hesitantly, he reached out and took them, then forced himself to look directly at her.

"Are you o-?" he started, then stopped. The question "Are you okay" was a profoundly stupid one to ask. This woman was clearly the opposite of okay. Amending it on the spot, he managed, "Are you tired? Uh, I mean, don't feel you have to push yourself."

The nurse shook her head. "I can't slack in my post under any circumstances. Not while candidates for Red's journey are in town. And . . . I won't be able to sleep for a long time, anyway."

Hibiki looked again at her grim attire, and he took a deep breath before asking another question. "I know it's not my place to ask, but . . . it's clear you're in mourning. Do you want to talk about it?"

She shuddered, pinched the bridge of her nose, and heaved a great sigh, as if her life-breath were a poison that had to be expelled from her lungs. "My husband," she rasped. "And my aunt. Both were at the civil disobedience rally against Red yesterday. I begged them not to go, and bring trouble upon themselves, but-"

She suddenly gave a dry sob, spun, and rushed into the back, covering her face in her hands. Hibiki stood rooted, numb with shock, his mind blank from what he had witnessed. Presently, thoughts returned to his head.

How many more people lost family members, just like this? he wondered. And why were both sides- the protestors and the peacekeepers- so adamant in their positions that it came to tragedy? What on God's earth is the matter here?

He shook his head, which was starting to ache, then turned and headed to the male bunking quarters to wake Mason. He would shift his focus back to pokemon training, and soon, but it was becoming increasingly apparent that something larger was taking place in the background. And it wasn't something he could overlook much longer.

Beige sat on a wooden chair opposite to Will inside a mysterious purple tent. Will wanted Beige to meet him and Beige wanted to find out what exactly happened to this former elite four member. Will showed Beige how to play multiple card games across a table covered in a purple blanket.

"What really happened to you? Why did you vanish?" Beige asked.

"Red tried to torture me to join him...but...he found my will was too much for him..." Will answered. "I fled the scene."

"What about the others?"

"Bruno...he has gone back to his roots...his core."

"What's that suppossed to mean?"

"I do not know. I am using my mind through to these cards to read where they could be...but...you need to solve the puzzles I throw at you."

Beige noted down what Will said about Bruno in a journal. The journal was full of quotes people had said Red and the Enforcers had done to them.

"What about Lorelei?"

"Went back to her home, yes. Then...she...she is taken back to a location where fire and ice are not too far from each other..."

Beige noted this down too.

"And Agatha?"

"They say she died of old age...but that is not true. Supportive she was initially but...individualistic in her goals. It's unfortunate to say that she is now what she trains..."

Beige noted down 'DEAD' in captial letters, next to Agatha's name.

"Let me tell you your destiny." Will said, peeping out of a hand of cards. Beige did not really believe in destiny but he nodded. Will picked 3 random cards out of a pack. The cards had pictures on them. One had a crown being destroyed. The next had a picture of a mountain with a man at the summit looking down on the world. The last one had a crowd with their fists in the air to a man standing on a wooden stage.

"Be careful." Will said. "The road is full of many challenges ahead. Yet, you may just conquer them. Gather allies, like you have been doing. But watch out, you may find you become engulfed in Red if you manage to face him at the Indigo Plateau and, in defeating him, you become the ruler. The power...might come to you head and you, Beige, may end up as powerful as him."

Beige worried about this, but he did not mind aquiring the power Red had if it meant and end to his regime. With that thought, Beige got up and exited the tent.

In Pewter City overground, Enforcers with Growlithes were on patrol. They'd recieved a tip off that Billy was in the area somewhere. Their leader marched next to them with an Arcanine.

Beige and Leaf met up with Billy. "What will you do now?" Leaf asked.

"I will run my gym...but it will now be underground!" Billy exclaimed. "It'll only be open to members of this underground society and those that oppose Red. Meanwhile, Petra, as we've called her, will run the old gym on the overground."

"I'll be sure to challenge you!" Beige said, enthusiastically.

Mason shivered as he dreamed, his dream contains horrible things- Beige and Red and all the in between. Maybe it's about the journey, but it sure would be nice to at least now what's happening next. Mason jerked awake at Hibiki's footsteps when he entered the room and looked around wide-eyed before releasing a yawn. Rubbing his sore orange eyes Mason shook his head before rolling out of the bed, "Morning." he smiled halfheartedly through tired lips. He then continued into the bathroom and changed before brushing his hair and teeth and splashing water onto his face.
Walking out a sigh of relief took over Mason as he saw his pokeballs all lined up looking better than ever. Running and grab them he nodded eagerly, "Thanks so mu-" his voice trailed off at the appearance of the nurse yet he found it would be rude to ask her about it. Silently taking the balls and attaching them to his belt Mason took all of his pokemon out and smiled at them be rubbed Bulls-eye's head before looking up at Hibiki and nodding as they walked out of the PC.
"Hey, what was up with the nurse in there?" he asked Hibiki who always seemed to be quite knowledgeable. His gaze settled upon Bubbles who pleaded to be held, bending over to pick the pokemon up he noticed a small crowd around the gym. Whispers of a new gym leader spread through the crowd yet he couldn't imagine what had happened that he had missed out on.

I wonder who my first challenger will be, Petra, the new gym leader, thought. She had only just got used to being called her new name. She looked outside a window to see a group of traitors being taken to prison by Enforcers with Growlithes. The rebels had put up a fierce fight with their pokemon, but only about a quarter of the Growlithes the Enforcers had were defeated. Petra sighed but she knew she had to act supportive towards the Enforcers, otherwise she would seem suspicious. A house had caught fire when the group leader had his Arcanine finish a group of rebels, ending their lives, in front of the public.

After a deep conversation with Will, Beige got up from his chair and left the tent. He said goodbye quickly but Will's reply was fast and not taken in by Beige. It had something to do with hoping the right path for him would be followed. Will seemed to know what the future would have in store for young Beige. As Beige left the tent, he looked around and saw the hundreds of people marching individually from each other to their workplaces. The underground environment meant people still had jobs seperate from the whole 'rebel' initiative, under the old city. Beige caught a glimpse of one of the many men going to work. He wore a brown/blackish smart hat and wore a brown jacket and a suit, with black leather gloves, chaos black boots and a white scarf. He obviously was a businessman. The man saw Beige staring at him and took his hat off to him in respect and gave him a strange smile. It wasn't that big of a smille, but it was odd because the man seemed very serious normally. The man put his hand up to him and then looked forwards and walked off. The man reminded him of a pokemon assistant Professor Ash had, when Beige raided the lab.

*One minute earlier*

"Hey, what was up with that nurse in there?" Mason asked from beside Hibiki, as they shouldered through the crowd.

"Dead family members. Casualties of yesterday's riot incident that we missed." Hibiki eased his way past a couple of girls, who were also dressed in black. "And it looks like she wasn't the only one to lose somebody." He frowned, eyes furrowed in puzzlement. "I just don't get it. The news said the perps were some 'Pewter Society Against Red,' so . . . apparently, Red's the reason they got so pissed that the guards had to use deadly force. But how is any of this on Red? As far as I know, all he's done is increase military spending at the expense of public schooling funds. It might not have been a decision everyone liked, but it was nothing worth rioting and killing over."

"Uh . . . Hibiki?" Mason pointed off to the side, his face twisted in raw shock. Hibiki turned and looked.

He was just in time to see an Arcanine emerge from its ball, about a block away. There was an intense flare of light as it loosed a sudden Flamethrower attack, and the crowd let out a collective cry of fear and seemed to duck as one. The flames, however, were not aimed at them, but at a pack of crouching people on the ground, a few feet in front of the Arcanine. The fire's heat could be felt even from where Hibiki stood stunned, and it set a nearby house instantly ablaze. Needless to say, those on the receiving end of the attack were incinerated immediately, having no time even to scream.

"Oh my God," Hibiki whispered.

Mason stared on, alongside him. "Did we . . . just witness a public execution?"

"Citizens!" a particularly decorated Enforcer boomed, in a voice that carried and turned every head. He paused for just a moment, as if waiting to be sure he had everyone's attention. "Please believe me when I say that I regret this day. We are not monsters. We did not kill these rebels because we enjoy it. But times are changing, and because the people of this area are so reluctant to change with them, a public example was necessary. It is ugly business, but I want you all to look at these charred remains. LOOK at them."

Nobody uttered a word, but all eyes fell upon the blackened cinders of what had, until seconds ago, been humans.

"This is what happens when people attack people with their pokemon," the Enforcer continued, his face grave but resolute. And- did Hibiki detect a trace of sorrow-? "Ten years ago, we were cataloguing pokemon because we lacked an understanding of their true power. But that time is past. We know now, without a trace of doubt, that pokemon are many, many times stronger than any individual person. And they are absolute in their loyalty to their trainers. Therefore! Whoever sets a pokemon against his fellow man, with the intention to do him harm, shall die by the same method. Yes, just as any man who kills his brother with firearms will die by firing squad. This is justice."

The orator paused again, giving the charred corpses one last look. "Master Red showed us the true extent of pokemons' fearful power. Indeed, pokemon trainers in all regions seldom realize the enormity of responsibility required in brandishing that power. But Master Red believes in your ability to act responsibly. Just know that this is the price you must be willing to pay if you break his trust."

He gave a wave of his hand as if dismissing the crowd, as fire crews moved in to check the flames.

"As you were."

At the scene of the fires, a large Blastoise skidded along the streets inside of it's shell. It then got out of its shell and fire two very fat blasts of water towards the fire-a hydro pump attack. The water coated the fire and the fire stopped.

"That's two of his pokemon now." The Enforcer leader said. "Let's get the house mess cleaned up, come on!" He shouted. Within minutes, the remains of the houses were taken away and soon, it was like the incident never happened.

In the underground, Billy couldn't take it. He needed a good battle. He went to a particular room that was sealed off by a wooden door and opened it. This would be the new 'underground gym.' Beige was the first person there, with Leaf behind him.

"I guess i'm your first challenger for the day." Beige said.

"I haven't had one in a while." Billy replied. He opened the door to a small room with a battle area. Beige and Billy took their positions and Leaf sat on a bench. She was going to support Beige, but she was a bit too tired. The whole concept of an 'underground' gym did not make sense to her.

"I still have copies of the boulder badge on me. They haven't changed the badge style, so, if you defeat me, you'll get the badge you need to advance to that section of the Plateau. Go Geodude!" Billy exclaimed. The round boulder pokemon came out.

"Go, sting!" An interesting looking Kakuna came out of Beige's poke ball. The Weedle Beige had caught in Viridian Forest had evolved earlier, when Beige had been doing intense training with Leaf. Likewise, Leaf's Caterpie had evolved too.

"Really?" Billy laughed. "This should be easy. Now Geodude, use rock throw!" Billy's Geodude picked up a piece of the hard ground and Beige saw how it became a rock, the Geodude throwing it towards Sting.

"Sting, dodge it and use string shot multiple times on the rock!" Sting managed to jump over the rock, skillfully flipping in the air in the process. Sting then fired several webbed shots from its mouth and this covered the rock. The Kakuna pulled at the rock with all it's might and then the rock was flung and went flying back at Billy's Geodude. Billy's Geodude got hit badly. Billy gasped.

"Tackle!" Billy exclaimed. "Several times!" Geodude shot towards the Kakuna and hit it many times.

"Poison sting!" Sting tried to attack but it couldn't and was stuck to the ground.

"Magnitude, then rock throw!" Geodude pressed it's hands on the ground as a rumble caused Sting to fly into a wall. It was stunned to move again and so Geodude naturally threw a rock towards the Kakuna.

"String shot!" Beige roared. Sting did the tactic again where it covered the boulder in the silky material and then threw it back. Geodude avoided the attack, but the boulder fell down on it's head and Geodude fainted.

"Wow. You're good." Billy said, returning Geodude into it's poke ball. "Kabuto, I need you." Billy sent out the round boulder like fossil pokemon."Scratch, then mud shot!" These two attacks took out Sting.

"Skull. Get 'em." The Cubone was sent out by Beige. "Bone club!" Skull ran towards the Kabuto with it's bone and tried to hit it. Kabuto jumped up to avoid the attack hastily.

"Fire him back with rock tomb!" Kabuto fired rocks into the air and they pushed the Cubone back, even though the pokemon managed to avoid the rocks. Then, out of nowhere, another attack was ordered. "Waterfall!" Kabuto filled the walls with water and travelled up them. The next thing Skull knew was a physical attack from the back which almost knocked the pokemon out.

Beige thought for a while during this and came up with a plan. "Use that new move I taught you!" Skull used bonemerang-where Skull threw his bone at Kabuto several times. It was aimed against the wall and hit Kabuto from the side. Kabuto fainted.

"Impressive." Billy said, returning Kabuto. "Omanyte go!" The fossil snail pokemon was sent out. "Water gun, go!" Omanyte fired beams of water at Skull. Skull, who was running forwards already for another bone club attack, got hit at point blank range in the head and fainted.

Next, Beige sent out Voltaire, his Pikachu. Voltaire let off a small high pitched cry to indicate it was ready to help. "Thundershock." Voltaire blasted electricity in Omanyte's direction. Omantye moved to the side.

"Now! Mud shot!" Omanyte sent mud flying towards Pikachu's face, which presented a problem for Beige.

"Move!" Beige roared. Voltaire's tail got hit and Voltaire was prone to attacks.

Omanyte was about to attack when Beige ordered another attack. "Thunderbolt!" A huge amount of power was inside of the electricity as Pikachu squeezed its hands hard. The electricity sent Omanyte flying. Omanyte consequently fainted.

Billy clapped a little, before sending out his ace, an Onix. The beast that stood in front of Voltaire was Beige's biggest issue.

"Thunderbolt!" Beige exclaimed but then his noise died down as he realised he had made a mistake. Onix was immune to the electric type attacks as it was also ground type.

"That error will cost you." Billy said. "Bind!" He shouted. Onix dived down underneath the ground. Voltaire looked around to try and find him. Suddenly a huge tail appeared from behind Voltaire, slapped the pokemon, before squeezing the pokemon tightly. Trapped in its tail, the Pikachu struggled.

"Try to get out. I know you can do it." Beige said to Voltaire. Voltaire eventually did and slipped out of the Onix's clutches.

"Rock tomb!" Onix slammed it's tail on the ground and rocks fell from the ceiling onto Voltaire. Only one of the rocks hit as Voltaire quickly got out of the attack.

"Multiple quick attacks!" Voltaire dashed forwards and hit Onix several times on the head, each time from different sides.

"Charge forwards!" Billy exclaimed. Onix moved it's whole body forward. Voltaire moved back to avoid the attack and Onix's head got damaged. This gave Beige an idea. But he had to make sure the Onix was in the right place. Onix went back to the tactic of going underground and then popping it's head and tail out of the ground where Voltaire was. Beige had Voltaire create a double team of Pikachu. When the Onix popped it's head out for the final time, a wave of rock tombs came. Voltaire jumped on the rocks and the rocks hit Onix's head. Billy had Onix retreat to the surface and it started to charge again. Voltaire was ordered to avoid the attacks and Onix hit it's head again on the wall. The Pikachu quick attacked the monster and it fell to the ground and fainted.

Billy was impressed. He praised Beige's battling techniques and style and how Billy himself had made some mistakes here and there. He presented the Boulder Badge to Beige, who placed it in his newfound badge case. Beige was also given the rock tomb TM.

After the battle, Leaf stood in front of Billy, hoping for a battle. "Sorry, but I need to go and check on Tilly, or should I say, Petra."

"Wait. Let me go." Leaf responded. "I'll check to see if she is alright and I will ask her if she needs help with anything. I'll also challenge her to a gym battle."

As Leaf exited the underground via a secret opening, she saw a man come out with her. He had brown hair and wore a smart black coat. He was the same man Beige had seen before. He carried a large brown briefcase in his left hand.

"Take care." He whispered to Leaf.

Leaf's eyes widened as she walked away. She entered the door of the gym, avoiding the Enforcer grunts on the way. There Petra was.

"Oh er...welcome!" Petra exclaimed. She recognised Leaf. "My first challenger." She said. "And it's you!" Petra giggled in a whisper. Leaf laughed too.

The efficiency by which the Enforcers went about restoring order was disconcerting. Clearly, they were used to this kind of thing, and the magnitude of the greater picture came upon Hibiki all at once. It staggered him to think that such turmoil- and iron-fisted responsiveness- occurred all over Kanto. Until now, he had never realized how headstrong pokemon training could make a person, let alone an entire region. It was a lesser version of giving nuclear codes to every civilian over ten.

No wonder Red has to take such extreme measures, he found himself thinking. Well . . . now I know why Gold thought this journey would be good for me. I'm seeing things as they really are.

A few people from the crowd broke away as soon as the fire crews were done, wailing and throwing themselves upon the blackened outlines of the executed rebels. Most, however, turned to their companions and muttered darkly in hushed undertones. Presently, their angry eyes turned upon Mason, and some other boy who had emerged from the ruins of the former Pewter Gym. Mason went slightly pale.

("Why are they staring at us?") he asked Hibiki, holding Bubbles tight.

("Best guess?") Hibiki whispered back, as loudly as he dared. ("You and that other guy both have a Squirtle, which is a starter that only candidates for Red's Journey carry. They see us as little versions of Red. And, well, considering what just happened in Red's name . . .") Hibiki swallowed hard. ("I don't think this is a safe spot to be standing at the moment. Let's get inside the gym, and away from this crowd.")

He beckoned Mason to follow, just as a brown-haired girl with a white hat entered the new Pewter Gym. Ducking in behind her, Hibiki flattened himself against the inner wall. He couldn't slam the doors shut, but at least if anyone tried to assault him or the other Red Candidates now, he would see them coming.

"Oh er...welcome!" came a young lady's voice from across the gym floor. Hibiki glanced up, but saw that the supposed 'gym leader' was not speaking to him, but to the girl who had entered just ahead of him. "My first challenger."

Petra saw the next challenger enter. "Hello there! Just give us a minute please? This here's my first battle as gym leader!"

10 Minutes Later...

Petra gazed upon her last pokemon, an Onix. Leaf had managed to easily defeat her other three pokemon with hits from her Bulbasaur. The Onix tried to hit Bulbasaur with its tail several times. Bulbasaur managed to see through a hole in the Onix's defences. Several minutes of fighting later, the Bulbasaur attacked and hit the creature. The Onix went down.

"You're strong, you are. I've been told to give everyone who beats me the boulder badge! Here's yours!" Petra gave Leaf the badge and she put in it an expensive looking case.

Leaf looked at Hibiki. "I think i'll stick around to see what the others think of you." Leaf said to Petra. Leaf took her position at a long wooden bench next to the side of the battlefield.

"Right then...you're next?!" Petra asked Hibiki.

Hibiki stepped forward, glancing back at the gym doors with a little trepidation. "Hey, uh . . . could someone please keep an eye out? There's a mob of people outside right now who I really don't like turning my back to. They seem ready to tear apart anyone who reminds them of Red."

He tossed his first pokeball out onto the field, and Petra looked apologetically at the fire lizard that emerged. "If you didn't want people to think of Red around you, you shouldn't have picked Charmander. Actually, it's a bad time to have Charmander in general."

Out came Petra's Geodude, which slammed its stone-hard fists together. Hibiki felt sweat dribble down his temple. Crap. A type disadvantage. But maybe . . . if Charmander's at a sufficient level, he'll have learned Metal Claw by now. I mean, he did fight about fifteen Beedrills.

"Use Metal Claw!" he yelled, just as Petra gave command for Geodude to use Rock Throw. Charmander was faster, stiffening his claws before raking them across Geodude's face. In response, the hovering rock pokemon lifted one of the boulders scattered around the battle floor, and brought it down upon Charmander's head. The Fire-type dropped at once, out cold in one hit.

Hibiki stared, open-mouthed. Petra gave another apologetic grin. "Sorry. I think we all knew how that one was gonna go."

I can't . . . I can't believe . . .

Taking a great breath through his nose, and exhaling from his mouth, Hibiki raised his arm and recalled his beaten Charmander. He flicked his other arm, and in a flash of light, Nidoran stood on the-

Hibiki did a double-take. Standing in Nidoran's place was a bigger, more shapely version of itself. Nidorina! Somehow, along the way he had missed her evolution in between the Beedrill incident yesterday and this morning. When, and how it had happened, he couldn't guess, but there was no time to wonder now.

"Okay, let's turn this around," he said, his heart hammering. "Uh . . . Nidorina, Double-kick!"

Geodude had no time to do anything. It was down even before the second blow connected, rolling across the floor and leaving a skid trail behind. Petra raised her eyebrows.

"Hey, not bad. You found another way to utilize type advantage." She recalled Geodude, and another pokeball whirled onto the field. "But that ends here. Go . . . Aerodactyl!"

The summoning light of the pokeball shaped itself into the form of a towering stone wyvern: a pokemon of ancient times that had gone extinct until Red had helped revitalize its species. Hibiki's heart hammered in his chest. The head of the Elite Four, Lance, used this very pokemon; what was one of these doing in the second gym?

Petra pointed at Nidorina. "Get her, Aerodactyl. Wing Attack!"

Hibiki opened his mouth to shout a counter-command, but it was already over. With one lunge, Aerodactyl effectively clothes-lined Nidorina with a giant stone wing, sending her hurling into the wall. She fell, eyes glazed over, and didn't rise again.

Petra shrugged. "Double Kick wouldn't have been super-effective this time, anyway. Flying-type, and all that. Do you want to keep going?"

Hibiki inclined his head, a knot in his stomach, and a sour taste in his mouth. He backed away slowly, regret and shame circling him like a constricting cloud. "No. You win. I only had the two."

Rock Throw and Wing Attack. Two moves. Two moves had downed his pokemon team, in spite of one being high-leveled enough to evolve. How had things gone so badly, so fast? Hibiki could no longer think. He knelt by the wall, and tended to his wounded Nidorina.

Last edited:

Leaf stared at Hibiki. She had no idea who he was but felt sorry for him. "Don't worry." Leaf said to Hibiki, to try and cheer him up. "You can battle Petra again!" Leaf then got up. "Do you want to train with me?" She asked. "I can help you get stronger!"

Outside in Pewter City, most of the Enforcers were leaving. Their ringleader with the Arcanine stayed around a bit longer. His Arcanine was about to publically execute three 'traitors.' The man and his pokemon stood on a wooden stage on a field in front of a crowd of supporters. Arcanine readied it's mouth to launch a gigantic fireball at the three men when Beige walked next to the stairs. The ringleader looked around and saw that there were a bunch of Enforcers knocked out on the floor with their pokemon fainted: these were his only guards and Beige had taken them out in silence earlier in the day. Beige pounded up some stairs and then walked towards the ringleader.

"You!" The leader shouted. Arcanine turned. Then the dog pokemon got hit on the head by Skull's bone club attack. The Arcanine unleashed a flamethrower attack. It was directed at Skull, but Skull moved around Arcanine in a circle such that the flames went into the crowd, causing the crowd to flee. Beige jumped down behind the stage and released the three men on trial who were tied to posts, using a small knife. The three men thanked Beige, but fled the scene. More bone club attacks on the head caused Arcanine to feel weak. Then a Bonemerang attack out of nowhere got rid of the legendary pokemon. The leader looked at his fallen Arcanine and became so enraged that, as soon as he saw Beige, he grabbed him with his hands and pushed him again the stage floor. Skull tried to attack the man but fell to the ground, in a sudden loss of energy.

"When i'm done, Red will personally promote me to a higher rank than that Bastard Stephan and he'll pay me handsomely!"

"What if I...told you...Red was...going to...pay him more anyway..." Beige coughed. He assumed Stephan was the highest ranking Enforcer.

"What?!" The man shouted. He almost dropped Beige in realisation but then felt a terrible electric shock-a thunderbolt attack. It came from Voltaire. This was all apart of Beige's plan. Beige looked at the dead Enforcer's body and took several pieces of paper and important documents found in his bag and pockets.

Beige then phoned Leaf. Leaf picked up her phone. "Leaf, we need to go now!" Beige exclaimed. "Meet me outside Pewter City museum!"

"What? Why?!" Leaf asked, with the phone to her ear.

"No time to explain!"

"What...no! I'm staying here, i'm going to train with this boy who's just tried to challenge Til...I mean Petra!"

"I'm leaving on my own then!" Beige exclaimed. Beige hung up on Leaf and made a dash for the pathway out of Pewter to the east. He was stopped in his tracks when he saw a muscular man in shades and in a green tank top and green camo trousers march forwards in front of him. He didn't see the boy, as Beige hid behind some trees. Crouching down through the bushes to avoid eye contact, Beige entered route 3. He looked back and saw the man he had seen talking to a group of Enforcers. There was about ten of them.

"He took them all out did he?" The muscular man asked.

"Yes sir." One of the Enforcers that had joined him said.

"Well, we better split up!" The man roared. "You three!" He pointed to three men in the group. "Go to the area around the Pewter City gym. One of you must go in and see what is happening."

"Yes Mr.Surge sir!" The three of them said together, saluting him.

"It's Lieutenant Surge, idiots." The man said. "But really I should be General Surge, cause that's what I am to you scatterbrains!" He chuckled with some of the Enforcers. Then went serious again. "You four, spread out. Check the civilian houses. Show them you're official Enforcers with your shiny badge. They'll let you all in if they aren't hiding anything."

"Yes sir!" The four shouted.

"You two are coming with me. We're going to go to the Pewter City hotels and see if he's staying there. Then we'll go to the museum."

"Right!" The two saluted.

"And me?!" One Enforcer asked, who was left.

"And you...go to the museum. We'll meet you up there. But I doubt you'll get him if he is there, after all, you're the weakest of us! In fact, screw that, you can go to the construction site next to the museum and go investigate the portaloo there!"

The other Enforcers laughed in a bullying manner. Lt.Surge bashed the Enforcer he was picking on with his fist. The picked on Enforcer walked away, pulling a sad and depressed face.

Seeing this, Beige dashed through the route ahead of him, challenging various trainers on the way.

The lonely Enforcer grunt ignored the orders and went to the gym. Petra saw the Enforcer and tried to act her best. The Enforcer took off his clothing to reveal a Team Rocket outfit. He snatched a pokeball that was in Leaf's bag. She had put it down on the floor and when she looked up, the man had ran off with the poke ball. Petra looked down on Leaf.

Realising what had happened, Leaf gasped and stood up. "He stole my Metapod!" Leaf shouted.

"It all happened so fast...but why was he in an Enforcer outfit..." Petra replied. She was confused too. "You go after him. I'll join you in a second."

Leaf dashed outside to see the Enforcers on patrol. She saw the Team Rocket grunt slip between buildings, out of the sight of the Enforcers.

Leaf saw some Enforcers with Lt.Surge and assumed Lt.Surge was their leader. "Excuse me, have you seen a man in a black uniform? He stole one of my pokemon."

"I see." Lt.Surge said, adjusting his shades. He got out a walkie talkie. "Listen, everyone, screw searching for the boy, we need to find a Team Rocket grunt that's stolen a girl's pokemon. All units in the area move appropriately to find 'em!"

"How do you know he was a Team Rocket member?"

"Just do, lass. We get jobs like this all the time, why in fact, the other day, a Team Rocket grunt attacked a truck going to the prison."

"This one approached me in an Enforcer uniform."

"That's never happened before...a little strange if you ask me. What did he look like?"

"He was short, brown haired, blue uniform, a little chubby."

"Him." Lt.Surge said. "He was ordered by me to go to the museum! We were looking for a traitor who murdered a group of Enforcers, the leader of which was going to publically get rid of three traitors. Now they're 5 traitors lose if you count the guy who massacred our guys and the guy you were saying about. He was probably trying to infiltrate the Enforcer ranks! Good thing he wasn't a high ranking officer!"

When Leaf had first offered to train Hibiki and help him get stronger, irritation had flared up in him. He was in no mood to disciple under a girl who dressed in such a way that a strong breeze would blow off her hat . . . and expose her panties at the same time. She had won because Petra had sent four pokemon in a row against her Bulbasaur, that had a x4 weakness to it. Not because of skill. One Wing Attack from Aerodactyl, and her Bulbasaur would have been in worse shape than his Nidorina.

. . . Still, it had been nice of Leaf to offer. Hibiki cleared his mind and did his best to smile politely. "Thank you," he said, "but we've been fighting wild pokemon to the point that we could barely walk another step. What training method could you offer that we haven't already tried?"

At this point, Leaf had been interrupted by her phone call. And then, some random guy had rushed in, snatched one of her pokemon, and rocketed out again. Hibiki had watched it all in stunned silence, hardly able to fathom how chaotic the Kanto region was turning out to be. The Enforcers were still in town, and they had just put on an extreme show of an execution. Why were there still thieves acting so brazenly in public? What did it take to make these people civilized?

"He stole my Metapod!" cried Leaf indignantly, before charging out the door after the burglar.

A Metapod. The crook had entered a public gym, full of trainers, in broad daylight, with military police all around . . . to steal a stupid Metapod.

Hibiki rose from the floor, holding Nidorina in his arms, and looked to Mason with a scowl on his face. "It's official," he snapped. "I hate everything about this city. Mason, I'm paying a visit to the pokecenter, and then I'll be leaving town in twenty minutes. Yes, without a badge. Sorry, but I won't be here to watch your gym battle. See you back at the Center, or at Mt. Moon."

"Pika, Quick Attack again. Let's increase that speed." Jax Greyson commanded, pointing to a tree that stood across from him. "Rouge, use Double Kick on the other tree!" Both a Pikachu and a Male Nidoran whom were both in front of the boy obeyed their orders and charged their targets. It had already been a few days, and Jax was already training for his second badge. He watched as Pika slammed into the tree causing it to shake. Rouge, the Nidoran only managed to scrape a bit of bark off. Jax watched as the two Pokemon returned to him.

His Pikachu had been given to him by Professor Ash. A few days previosuly, he was called into the lab, and he understood it was finally tie to begin his journey to beat Red. It would be a hard one for sure, and not to mention seemingly impossible for various reasons. Red killed anyone who stood in his way. Jax had experienced this, firsthand with the death of his uncle.

He waltzed into the nearly empty lab, and met up with Professor Ash, who seemed weary. However, Jax keep this thought to himself as he came to a stop.

"Pick one of these Pokemon." The man said. Jax could tell that the man wasn't supportive for what he was saying. Probably wasn't a fan of Red's regime. But it didn't matter.

"No," Jax said stubbornly, glaring straight ahead at Professor Ash. "I do not want Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle. They are not the pokemon I want." Jax's voice was firm as he glared at the Professor.

"What are you talking about? All I have to offer you is one of these three Pokemon. Please pick one. It's already bad enough that I'm letting you receive your starter a day before anyone else. What more do you want? Now choose." Professor Ash said, in a very annoyed fashion. Jax could tell that Professor Ash was beginning to dislike him

"I want a Pikachu, so I can be just like Red. I know you have one. Now let me have it." Jax demanded, keeping his voice level cool and calm.

Professor Ash sighed. "I don't know what you're talking about. I only have these three. Besides, you'll never be as strong as Red." The man was now getting onto Jax's nerves, with his pessimistic attitude and refusal.

"Listen to me. I want to become stronger than Red. Surpass him. Be like him in very way." Jax said, spitting out the words as if they were hot food, that he had to expel. "Give me that chance." The boy glared at the Professor.

After a standstill, Professor Ash gave an exasperated sigh. "Fine, let me grab you your damn Pikachu." He retorted, walking away to grab the Pokeball. He returned with a Pokeball, and shoved it into Jax's hands. "Now I'm down to one. Thanks a lot," he snorted sarcastically. Jax gave a thankful grin and took the Pokemon, ready to go conquer the league ad defeat Red.

The Pikachu that he had been given was a female he decided to name her Pika. For simpliciyt's sake. He quickly went through Route 1, defeating any Pokemon he came across. He needed to get stronger and Pidgeys, Spearows, and Rattatas weren't much of a help. However as he reacherd Viridian, it was late and Jax had decided he would camp out in Route 22. Sure, city life was cool, but there was no point to get comfortable and let his guard down. Plus if Red for some reason decided that he wanted Jax dead, he would be harder to find. This entire line of thinking was because of Jax's internal dose of paranoia.

Route 22, was quite peaceful that night, which Jax felt was relaxing. He climbed into his sleeping bag, and leaned against a large oak, watching the night sky. His heart raced. He was finally out here, getting to train Pokemon and avenge his uncle. Save Kanto. He looked down beside him to see Pika sleeping quietly in a ball. She snored softly, and a smile grew on Jax's face. he laid his head back and began to quickly drift off into the unknown world of his sleeping mind.

However as he slept, trouble was brewing. A small purple Pokemon had found the sleeping body of the trainer and Pokemon and decided to investigate. His intentions were originally harmless, until he caught the whiff of some kind of tantalizing aroma. He followed his scent which led him to a bag, which was partly open. He peaked inside to see a few bags of chips, small bags of Pokemon treats, and other assorted snacks. The Pokemon's eyes grew wide and in a headfirst dive, he leapt into the bag, and began to tear opened packaging after packaging devouring whatever food he could find.

After eating everything edible, and not to mention feeling quite sastified with himself, the small Pokémon quickly drifted off to sleep unaware of the chain events he had set into motion.

Jax awoke the next morning and stretched his arms. "Probably right about now, those other kids are getting their Pokemon. Thank god for my good luck and getting a head start. Makes everything easier," he mumbled to himself, and he packed up his sleeing bag. Once it was rolled up neatly into its bag, he went to his backpack to put it inside. However he was astonished to see a Male Nidoran inside the pack.

It seemed to be a capable Pokemon and it's Poison typing would be useful in the future. So he whipped out a Pokeball from one fo the side pockets and caught it. With that, the Nidoran, which Jax had named Rouge quickly warmed up to the boy. However it still was somewhat of a glutton, but made up for it when he battled.

With both Pokemon and some training, that evening he challenged the Viridain gym and defeated her, afflicting status conditions to Odessa's Pokemon, namely Paralyzation and Posion. Then he made his way to Petwer by crossing Viridian forest. And now here he was, spending a good deal of time, training his Pokemon, as Billy's Pokemon would be quite a problem to overcome.

"That's enough training for today guys. Let's go scout out the gym," Jax aid retuning both Pokemon o their Pokeballs. Then he made his way to the Pewter Gym to try to learn what e could about the gym.

"There he is!" Leaf exclaimed, spotting the Team Rocket member dash over to the next route. Leaf chased down the rocket member. She saw Beige, hiding in the grass. He was chasing a large Ratatta that had taken down a number of other Ratatta. He threw a poke ball at the creature and caught it. He looked back to see Leaf. "Leaf?!" He jumped.

"There you are!" Leaf shouted at Beige. She looked very cross with him. "You still say Team Rocket are the good guys...how do you explain what just happened?! You have no idea who they are!" She yelled.

"I do." Beige whispered. "They probably have good intentions!"

"That's it Beige! I don't know why you walked into my fucking life but...you leave me be! I know about the Enforcer deaths you killed in Pewter and in route 1! I didn't realise until I added up the information the Enforcers were saying. I don't want to see your face ever again, you're a monster..." And with that, Leaf stomped off in search of the Team Rocket grunt.

Beige felt very lonely when Leaf stormed off. He already was alone when she arrived, but he always felt bad whenever he hurt her feelings.

"Help her." Said a whisper in the distance. Beige thought he saw a man with brown hair standing on the cliff in front of him. He looked up to see he was gone. It was probably just his conscience, he thought. Then he got up and started running towards where Leaf was going. He saw an alternative route Leaf had not taken, which actually looked quicker. It went through the mountains. Beige took this route, jumped down and saw that the Team Rocket grunt had taken another turn through this maze. He seemed to have joined up with another Rocket grunt. Beige jumped down behind them. They turned around and sent out their pokemon.

"You're with that girl aren't you?!" One of the grunts asked.

"Yes I am." Beige replied.

"We saw you with her. She seemed to be talking to herself a lot. Stealing her Metapod really did change her." One of the grunts said.

"Give it back!" Beige shouted.

"Haha! As if we're going to give it to you that easily!" One of the grunts laughed. The two grunts then sent out pokemon to stop Beige. One of them sent out a Grimer and the other sent out a Koffing.

"You're not the only ones with pokemon! Sting, go!" Beige sent out his Kakuna.

Poison attacks were sent towards Kakuna. Kakuna looked like it was about to faint when, after avoiding several attacks, it evolved. With a flash of light, a Beedrill appeared in it's place. Beige fisted pumped. "Now! Attack!" Sting flew towards the two pokemon and hit both of them several times. The Grimer and Koffing fainted.

"Alright! You can have your freaking Metapod!" One of the Team Rocket members cried. Both of them fled and dropped the poke ball. Beige took it. He looked around for Leaf. She was nowhere to be seen. Beige threw the pokeball out and a Butterfree appeared.

That's odd. Beige thought. Her Metapod evolved into a Butterfree. It must have evolved when the Team Rocket member had it.

"Butter!!" The Butterfree roared. It saw Beige and it's eyebrows dropped into a angry expression. It looked around and started to fly. It started to fly towards Mt.Moon. "Freeee!!!" It exclaimed, as it stopped next to the enterence to Mt.Moon.

"What are you trying to tell me?" Beige asked the pokemon. "Is Leaf in there?"

"Butter!!!!" Butterfree shouted, as it nodded.

"You wait here. I'll go into the pokemon centre and heal up. Then I'll join you." Beige hoped this Butterfree was intelligent.

Beige ran into the pokemon centre and healed his pokemon. A man approached him with a large Magikarp in his hands. "Mate!" The man shouted. "Care for this Magikarp for 500 pokedollars?!"

"Fine!" Beige threw the man the money and grabbed the Magikarp and left. He approached the enterence to see the Butterfree gone.

"Damm Butterfree!" He exclaimed, putting the Magikarp in a poke ball.

To Hibiki's surprise, the streets were more-or-less clear by the time he left the Pewter Gym and made his way toward the Pokecenter. The crowds had dispersed and gone home, leaving nobody except for a boy about the age of sixteen, who passed Hibiki by, marching hurriedly toward the gym. Hibiki paused long enough to give him a second look, before shifting Nidorina's weight in his arms.

Poor, eager bastard. Little does he realize that a giant, stone gargoyle is just waiting in there to chomp his head off.

Twenty minutes later, Hibiki stood cross-armed at the pokecenter's front desk, tapping his foot and occasionally checking his watch. Presently, the local Chansey came up behind him with a tray containing his healed pokemon, and he nodded his thanks before peering out the door.

No Mason.

He started walking eastbound, going slowly at first, then picking up the pace as the sun overhead began to be obscured by clouds. There was supposed to be another pokemon center not too far off, at the base of Mt. Moon, and he meant to get there before it rained. This inevitably meant that he was leaving Mason behind, at least as far as Route 3 went. Hopefully, his friend would catch up, but Hibiki couldn't bear a minute longer in Pewter City, where it stank of burning buildings, and human ashes swirled through the air. He would need to come back eventually to win his Boulderbadge, and when the time came, he would. Robbers, overpowered gym leaders, and crowds of protestors, he could handle. But that public execution from earlier . . . now it kept coming back to the forefront of his mind. The battle with Petra had only temporarily distracted him from it, but with every building he passed, Hibiki was forcibly reminded of the prisoners huddled against the bricks, as a Flamethrower incinerated them on the spot. Until today, he had never seen people die with his own eyes. It would probably take his mind some time to fully process everything, and in the meantime, he meant to put as much distance between himself and Pewter as he could.

The air was freer in the grasslands of Route 3, and Hibiki breathed the fresh scent deeply, allowing himself a moment of tranquility. For some time after, he walked in lonely silence, trying to find some peace after the whirlwind that had been his last few days as a trainer. The steady walk loosened the tension in his muscles and jaw, but he soon found that he still wanted to talk with someone about the things he had witnessed. It felt wrong to keep them pent-up inside, almost like he had an invisible set of extra lungs and was holding his breath beyond the natural limit. With a little regret, he wondered if he should have waited for Mason after all. The journey seemed much bereft of something vital, without human companionship.

Beige entered Mt.Moon with an element of caution. He noticed the Zubats hanging from the ceiling. He had intended to catch one, but was too busy trying to find Leaf, so immediately ignored them. He saw the Butterfree manoeuvre between the flying Zubats. He chased it down through the dark labyrinth and saw Leaf. Leaf stood with a pink Jigglypuff next to her.

"I'm so glad I caught you Jigglypuff! Catching a new pokemon on route 3 really did take my mind off of-"

Beige tried to tap her on the back but on his way to running over towards Leaf, two Team Rocket grunts bumped into Beige. They were different looking members than before. They were in a deep conversation with each other.

"Hey! Watch where you're going, kid!" One of them exclaimed. Beige moved out of their way and the grunts ran off. Beige saw now that Leaf was gone. He looked around, before jumping off a ledge. She must have gone this way.

Going into a large rocky plain, Beige saw something disturbing. There was a Zubat on the ground. It looked like it had fainted. He walked over towards and saw that it was covered in mushrooms. Mushrooms in a cave? Must have grown after it fainted. Beige thought.

Then Beige saw three more Zubats on the ground, each with the same infection. Something's wrong here. He thought.

Walking across through the maze, Beige saw a Machop on the ground with the same Fungal infection. It's a disease. Beige thought. Walking further, he saw more Zubats on the ground and then a poor Clefairy. In the distance, he could see Leaf looking down at an infected Clefairy.

"Looks like there won't be any Clefairys for me to catch." Leaf said to herself and Jigglypuff. "We need to go and find out who did this." Leaf walked off and Beige arrived at the downed Clefairy as Leaf walked off. He continued following her. She passed through a canyon with rocks on the sides. Beige looked around and saw that the boulders were all Geodudes who had fainted and caught the disease. Leaf came to a long cluster of rocks. As she was leaving, Beige saw what it was-an Onix. Even this powerful beast had been subject to whatever had caused this.

Beige lost sight of Leaf when she turned a different direction at a crossroads. I think Leaf's taken the wrong direction. Nevermind, i'll go back for her.

Beige turned his head up as he heard voices. Two scientists in white lab coats with glasses walked towards a wall. There were many mushrooms on the ground next to this wall.

"As you can see, the infection started from here. Whoever caused this is clearly-" Suddenly a large crab like creature jumped at the scientist who said this. It had a mushroom on it's back and crawled up his arm. "Get it off!" He shouted. The other scientist tried to shake the man, but more of these creatures crawled up the man's body. They then scattered to the other scientist. "Paras!" The other scientist cried. "They're all Paras!"

Beige crept up to the bodies of the two scientists. The two scientists suddenly got up and tried to attack Beige. Beige sent out Sting, who stuck the two drills into the bodies of the scientists, brutally killing them.

"Well, well, well...I think we've found the person who started this mess!" A man shouted. The man jumped down from a ledge with a scientist, an Enforcer grunt with a Flareon and a woman.

Beige recognised the man, it was Stephan. "You! From the forest!"

"I believe we did not fully introduce ourselves last time! I am Stepan, an Enforcer commander. I have control over a large section of the Enforcers! This is Anna, another commander."

"What a nice looking boy." Anna said to herself.

"Did you do this? Did you plant the Paras nests and allow for the mushroom disease to spread?" Beige asked.

"No!" Stephan roared. "Paras normally live here but someone's been naughty and allowed them to go beyond the quarratined zones Red ordered to restrict from the public access. That would be you."

"No, I didn't."

"Then who did?" Stephan asked.

"I don't know..."

"I've been hearing reports also of a boy like you taking out some Enforcers at Pewter City. Naughty boy! Arrest him!" A couple of Enforcers came from behind Stephan. They handcuffed Beige, before then attatching a metal chain to these handcuffs, which went into a wall. Beige was now trapped. "We'll deal with this Paras nest, then we'll take you to a shiny new prison in Cerulean City!"

The Enforcer with the Flareon came forwards. "It's a good thing Seraphina gave permission to use her Flareon, we hadn't got any other flame units available." Stephan said to the Enforcer.

"Use a fire attack on these mushrooms, right away!" Anna ordered.

"Flamethrower!" The Enforcer ordered. Instantly, the Flareon blasted flames at the mushrooms. The mushrooms disappeared, some setting alight first. Then, the mushrooms regrew. This plan had failed. The mushrooms were now twice their size.

"What?!" Stephan cried.

A horde of Paras jumped down from the ceiling. They tackled Flareon to the ground. Within seconds, the Flareon had fainted and the Enforcer didn't know what to do. Stephan and the Enforcers were frozen to move. The Enforcer grunts sent out their pokemon but felt a sharp touch to the head as several Paras jumped on their heads.

"Reports indicate the Paras are taking over their minds. The mushrooms grow so deep, their brain connections are affected!" The scientist exclaimed.

As the number of Paras infections rapidly increased, Stephan saw a great number of other Paras, waiting to attack. Stephan sent out his Golduck. "Hydro pump!" The water covered the Paras, but nothing happened and they just got bigger. A fairly large one slashed at the Scientist and then a Parasect covered his head, taking control of him. Another large Paras relayed control and took over from the Parasect as the Parasect jumped over towards Anna. Anna had her pokemon out but failed to see the Parasect coming from behind her. The Parasect took over her head. A large mushroom took the place of her head and her arms went green as mushrooms covered her.

"The mother. That's the one that leads them all! The one who laid the eggs!" Beige roared. "Attacking her and her children will only make her more mad..."

" Don't you tell me what to do! I'm out of here!" Stephan exclaimed, as looked around, he saw that he was surrounded by Paras, Paras infected humans and Paras infected pokemon. "Abra! Teleport!" A small Abra appeared next to Stephan. It teleported him out of Mt.Moon.

"Well..that's just cheating." Beige said to himself. He gulped in fear as the mushroom zombies closed in on him. "Listen guys...you don't need to attack me or infect me...I can help you. I know what you've been through. The Enforcers who tried to attack your colony, they wanted to killl you all! I wanted to stop them! Let me help you take them down!" He shouted. Beige closed his eyes.

Beige opened his eyes. He was on the floor. For some reason, the Paras infected people had broken him out of the chains attatching him to the wall. He was now in a different part of Mt.Moon. A woman peered over at Beige. The woman had a Parasect on her head. It was Anna. "You did well, child." She whispered to him. Beige closed his eyes again and opened them to see a man in a red cap. Was this Red? Beige asked himself. But it was for less than a second as his eyes closed again. He awoke again to see the two Team Rocket grunts from before staring at him. They lifted him a hand up.

"Are you okay?" One of them asked him.

"Yes. Where am I?" Beige wondered.

"Mt.Moon. We saw you got infected with our Paras spores and said to ourselves 'damm we shouldn't have done that.'" The other one said.

"Wait, so you were the ones who planted the extra spores and released them?"

"Yes. Basically." One of the grunts answered.

"But it got out of hand. Our boss told us to provoke the Parasect nest so that she and her children-the Paras of Mt.Moon would attack those Enforcers. We managed to get rid of a few Enforcers there and one of their leaders got infected with the Parasect Queen, but at the cost of it infecting other unwanted people and pokemon." One of the grunts explained.

"I think you may have been infected. At least the Parasect Queen likes you."

Beige looked around and saw the piles of infected pokemon. "Maybe I can call upon the Paras some time..."

"So what we're trying to say is that, we're really sorry if you got into the picture. A couple of grunts outside the cave told us you had defeated them when they stole a pokemon off of a girl. We were trying to lure the Enforcers into Mt.Moon, but we lured you more so than them."

"Oh I see!" Beige shouted. What the Team Rocket grunts had done had made sense to him now.

The closer Hibiki approached Mt. Moon, the more ominously the mountain loomed over him, until he was walking under its shadow. He had just caught sight of the tiny pokecenter beside a gaping hole in the rock wall, when he noticed several bright-yellow figures going out of one and into the other. Upon closer inspection, they appeared to be people . . . in hazmat suits. By the time he had reached the place, they were unrolling lines of orange caution-tape, labeled "BIOHAZARD: STAY OUT." Instantly, his curiosity was piqued.

"Excuse me." He waved to one of the yellow-suited men who was packing the roll of caution tape away. "What's going on here?"

The man paused, looked up at Hibiki, and seemed to take a moment to consider him. It was hard to tell, with the mask on. "Oh, what the hell," he replied in a muffled voice, shrugging. "You'll be a good warm-up for when the news crews flock here in ten minutes. You familiar with Cybermen, kid?"

"Cyber-?" Hibiki shook his head. "No."

"Huh. I thought that reference would get more recognition. How about the Borg? . . . No? Marik Ishtar's Millenium Rod? Gorilla Grodd? Those mind-control bucket helmets from the Spongebob movie?"

At the last reference, Hibiki's eyes widened in recognition. The hazmat man slapped his forehead.

"Kids these days . . . so uncultured. Okay, fine. Basically, there's some new strain of Paras spores that makes anyone it touches subject to their will. Or at least, that's the working hypothesis for now. Obviously, we're putting the area under quarantine until we can figure out what to do."

Hibiki tilted his head. "Spores, you say? Why don't you guys just go in there with flamethrowers and purify the air? Fire kills everything."

"Not if it has supernatural regeneration, which turns out to be the case." The hazmat man shook his head. "If I didn't know those were pokemon in there, I would swear it was something alien. We found a few corpses inside, so from this point forward, it's authorized personnel only."

Hibiki's heart jumped. "CORPSES?! Wh- how can you stand there sounding so casual about all this?"

The hazmat man shrugged. "I've spent a large portion of the last ten years cleaning up after Red. I've seen some messed up $#%&."

A second man in a matching suit came up from behind him. "Uh . . . sir?" he asked timidly to the first man. "You sure you should be telling all this to some random kid? It's borderline classified."

"It's fine. See his pokedex? This is one of Red's." The first hazmat man poked a thumb at the pokemon center. "You can't come in to Mt. Moon until further notice, so your best bet for the shortest possible journey is probably over the top. It's due to rain soon though, so you might want to just stay in the Center tonight. I hope you don't mind the overcrowding."

Last edited:

As Beige approached the exit to Mt.Moon, he saw Leaf and chased after her. She turned round as he made a loud sound, kicking the stones on the floor.

"Beige?!" Leaf cried. "Get away! I don't want to see you!"

"What have I done wrong?" Beige asked.

"You're so selfish! You wouldn't wait for me and to top it all off, you supported those horrible Team Rocket grunts when they tried to steal my Metapod and plant those spores here! I saw what they did!"

"It's a Butterfree now." Beige said as Leaf opened her mouth. "I got it back but it escaped and flew somewhere into the cave. I don't fully support Team Rocket, but I believe they may be doing more help than you think. They were trying to lure the Enforcers and Stephan into Mt.Moon so that they could attack them specifically."

"And what about those killings? Did you do them?"

"I did the ones on route 1...and the ones in Pewter City..but listen I was trying to protect you. You're my only friend."

"I can't believe you would do that..." Leaf sighed. "Friend?!" She shouted. "We are not friends any more! We're rivals now." She put her arm out as a poke ball was thrown into the air. It landed and a Pidgey appeared.

"You're going to battle me now? Fine." Beige threw a poke ball out in response and Sting appeared.

*(Preparing for a Time Skip to the following day.)

The hazmat man hadn't been kidding about the overcrowding. As Hibiki sat in the corner of the pokecenter with his cup of ramen noodles, he noticed a gradual increase in the flow of traffic through the door. Trainers who frequented Mt. Moon, junior news anchors, men and women in labcoats, and even a few members of the Military Police- all drifted out and in, making use of the lone building's facilities. As soon as he noticed a line building up for the bathroom, Hibiki hastened to reserve himself a bunk in the sleeping area. It was a good thing he did, for the boys' dorm soon ran out of space, and a privacy curtain had to be raised in the girls' area to accommodate the remaining male travelers.

Mason never did show up, even when the downpour began outside. Hibiki began to feel lonely again, for conversation in the Pokecenter seemed strictly limited to sciency jargon between the adult investigators, and bickering over sleeping quarters among the youths. There was plenty to hear, and nothing worth hearing that he didn't already know, and so Hibiki sat by the window, watching the droplets run down the panes of glass.

Hey, I know! he thought, straightening suddenly. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

He pulled out his cell phone, dialed, and raised it to his ear. A few seconds passed, and then there was a click on the other end of the line, followed by a cold, irate voice.

"Speak."

"Uh . . . hey, bro. It's me!"

There was an instant positive change in Gold's voice. "Oh, Hibiki! Hey, man! Hold on just a second . . ." There was a rustling sound like movement on Gold's end, and then he was back. "I was wondering when I'd hear from you!" his brother said cheerfully. "It's been what, three days? A week? How are you? How's the journey so far? Tell me everything!"

"Well, uh . . . for the most part, it's nothing like I expected . . ." In spite of the depressing events Hibiki recounted as he filled his brother in, he found himself smiling. It was good to hear a friendly voice again.

"So, people are starting to gear up against Red, are they?" Gold asked, when Hibiki had finished. "Interesting. I mean, they're ten years too late, so I doubt they'll get far, but it sounds like you took up the Journey right in the middle of an upheaval."

"Do you . . . do you think I should call it quits early and come back next year?" Hibiki asked.

"No, goodness, no!" Gold responded, with an obvious grin in his voice. "I'm actually a little jealous that I'm not there with you amidst the chaos. This is character-building at its finest, and it'll make one hell of a trainer out of you by the time you've got your eighth badge."

"Yeah," Hibiki muttered, "if I don't get lynched by a mob of anarchists first."

"Hey! Hey. It's okay, dude, trust me. You're under Red's protection, even though you probably can't see it. And you know you can call me anytime if you're in a tight spot, right?" Gold's voice turned slightly grim. "Nobody messes with family. You call me if you need me, and I will rain down fire from heaven on anyone who was stupid enough to threaten my brother. Okay? You've got friends in high places, don't forget that."

"Thanks. I won't."

"I'm glad you called. Keep me in the loop, will you? It doesn't have to be every day, but when you think of it."

"Yeah, will do. Goodnight, dude."

(Will time skip to next day after this post)
Leaf and Beige battled each other intensely. They had collided with each other various times. Leaf's tactic was to have Pidgey quick attack the Beedrill, then look for a weak point and fire gust attacks at the Beedrill. It was successful in weakening the pokemon significantly. Sting was ordered to use twineedle and poison sting attacks from behind the Pidgey. The Pidgey became poisoned and Sting managed to hit the bird pokemon's head and cause it to faint.

"Go Jigglypuff!" Leaf cried, sending out her new pokemon. Jigglypuff was ordered to use pound several times, but the attacks all missed. Jigglypuff's other move, double slap managed to hit Beedrill on the face. A tactical sing attack put Beedrill instantly to sleep. As Sting slept on the floor, Jigglypuff used rollout, a new move she had learnt. This took out the Beedrill in two hits.

Beige returned his pokemon and sent out Voltaire. He commanded several thunderbolt attacks, in an all out offensive. Jigglypuff absorbed most of the attacks. Then Voltaire jumped behind the Jigglypuff and, using dirty tactics, picked up the Jigglypuff and fired an electro ball into the air with Jigglypuff in it. Leaf looked cross but returned her fainted pokemon. In it's place stood her trusty Bulbasaur.

Bulbasaur used Vine whip to pin Voltaire down. Next, it fired a poisonpowder attack to poison the Pikachu. Voltaire struggled, then a razor leaf attack was fired by the Bulbasaur and Voltaire fainted. In a flash of light, Bulbasaur's shape transformed as it evolved into an Ivysaur!

Both of them were now down to their final pokemon. Beige sent out Skull, his trusty Cubone.

"Bone club!" Beige roared. Skull ran as fast it could towards the Ivysaur. Ivysaur jumped as Skull hit a rock, then two razor leaf attacks hit Skull's back. Leaf ordered a sleep powder and Beige watched as his beloved pokemon fell asleep.

"Get up!" Beige shouted. "Wake up, you can do it!" Several attacks came from the Ivysaur. Suddenly, the Cubone awoke mid way through these attacks. Three Bonemerang attacks hit the Ivysaur, as Skull jumped into the air and the pokemon was finished. Beige had won.

Leaf cursed Beige. "Next time, you won't get so lucky..." She said to Beige, before running off. Beige tried to follow her but she was too fast for him. He exited Mt.Moon knowing he had won a tough fight.

Route 4 now stood in front of him. There were a bunch of trainers sitting around a fire getting ready to go to Cerulean City. The sun set in the distance. Beige took this opportunity to use the fire that the trainers had been sitting around. He reached deep into his rucksack and a pocket tent appeared. He popped it open and set up camp for the night here, as the darkness started to suround him.

Half way through the night, Beige awoke to hear some rustling sounds. Beige launched his head out to see what was making it. Noone was there. All the trainers had gone to Cerulean City, even the so called 'camper' trainers. Beige got up and looked around. He thought he saw a humanoid pokemon amongst the bushes and trees. Beige tackled the creature and found it was not a pokemon, but a man who stepped out of the shadows.

"Sorry..." Beige said.

"No, no. It was my fault. I should not have been wandering around at night." The man wore a black coat, which could be mistaken for a cloak. "I was looking for someone to show me the way. You see, I am lost in the thick of this beautiful night."

"Where are you trying to go?" Beige asked. He already knew where to go as he had been up this route before and he made sure he knew earlier when he entered this route.

"Cerulean City." The gentleman replied.

"Sure! I believe I know the way. I don't know why you would ask a rookie trainer such as me though." Beige grabbed his tent, popped it in his bag and led the man in the other direction. The man had gone the wrong way it seemed as he was going to Mt.Moon instead of Cerulean. The two of them arrived at Cerulean.

"Why, thank you!" The man said, seeing the city under cover of dusk. "Excellent!" He started walking off. He gave a small wave. "I'm sure we'll see each other again some time..."

The man had gone and left Beige confused. What did he mean? Beige marched into a hotel and demmanded a room. He went up to his room via the stairs and then it struck him. The man he had met earlier that day and showed the directions to, was the same unusual man he had seen when he had been underground in the Pewter City Society Against Red!

"Oh Arceus, this is gonna be close," Jax mumbled as the two remaining Pokemon stared at one another in a silent stare of. After checking his Pokedex earlier, he had learned that Onix, Billy's main Pokemon, could burrow through the ground at an incredible rate. So before Pika had been knocked out, he made sure that Pika's Static ability caused the Rock and Ground Type to get paralyzed. Now it was down to Rouge and Onix. Both Pokemon had already took some damage, with Rouge a bit tired after his battle with Geodude, and Onix having to fight Pika.

Jax's eyes slipped down to the check the Pokedex in his hand. Onix was a Rock and Ground Type, so Rouge's Double Kick would do some good damage. However if Rouge was hit by a GRound Type attack, it could spell disaster.

"Double Kick!" Rouge launched himself in a frontal spin, smashing his feet into Onix's skull. The noise echoed around the room. Rouge flew backwards, landing on the dirt in front of Onix. The Rock And Ground Types hadn't even swayednleft or right. He was just towering over The little Nidoran, unmoving.

"He's stronger than that. Rock Tomb!" Billy shouted. Onix swung his head outward, and smashed his tail against the ground, breaking large stones free from the dirt. He swung his tail and Boucher them towards Rouge with extreme accuracy.

"Climb the attack!" Jax shouted quickly, reacting to the attack. The small Nidoran could now use his small size for an advantage. He quickly leapt from falling rock to falling rock, racing towards Onix. "Now, Focus Energy!" Rouge's muscles tensed and tightened, making his next attack stronger. "Now, Double Kick! End it!"

---

Jay left the gym exausted. But in his hand was the prize he had fought for. The second badge. He pinned it to his loose jacket next to the badge he already had. He looked up. It was getting late, and he needed to hit the bed. Tomorrow he would spend the day going through Mt. Moon and he was planning to leave early. Wearily he headed to the Pokemon Center to heal and sleep for the night.

The next morning, Beige stretched his arms as he arose from his bed in the hotel. After marching downstairs for a quick breakfast, Beige ran to the gym. He saw how there was a massive river coming from nugget bridge and how it split up into smaller other rivers that surrounded many of the buildings, in groups and individually. Arriving at the gym, Beige found it's doors seemed to be firmly shut. Beige tried knocking on the doors but nothing happened. He noticed a message on one of the windows. It read 'Out at route 25. Will be back shortly!'

Witht that, Beige set off. He arrived in route 24, or the so called 'Nugget Bridge.' It appeared to be a large steel bridge that had been developed over time. Red had authorized the plans to make the old wooden bridge into constructural masterpiece. Walking decisively across, Beige was challenged to many battles by trainers, which he won. The final trainer at the end stood there waiting for him. "You seem strong...my folks told me you seemed like the kind of fella to be helpin' us..." He whispered. "Do you want to join Team Rocket?" Beige stared at the man when he whispered this. The man gave Beige a business card and ran off, to avoid sight from the Enforcers.

Beige looked at the business card. There was a phone number and a location in Celadon City for him to visit. I better not show this to anyone. He thought. Two Enforcer grunts stomped over to him just as Beige was slipping the business card into his bag. The Enforcers looked around, then Beige ran in route 25. Here, Beige took on numerous trainers and saw a lone house at the end of the road. This was probably the legendary Bill's house, the one who had suppossedly 'invented the storage box system.' Further along, were a bunch of rocks, with Bill's personalised lighthouse, which still stood strong. Next to the house, was a cliff. Looking down from the cliff, Beige saw a beach with the sea's waves crashing down on it. Many people were now on this beach-both men and women in swimsuits. Steps led down to the beach and Beige was about to go down them when he saw a woman with ginger hair in a swimsuit getting attacked by a group of Enforcers.

A young woman in a blue bikini stood on the cliff looking down at Misty. Beige stood behind her. "That looks like...Misty..." Beige said to himself. "That's the gym leader!"

"Help!" Misty cried. "Unhand me you...idiots!" The Enforcers grabbed Misty by the arms and legs. They tied her up with rope, before another Enforcer handcuffed her.

"We got you good." One of the Enforcers said to her.

"You traitor!" One of the Enforcers roared.

"Do ya think Red'll let me keep her? With a pretty face like that, i'll be sure to do something with you!" Another Enforcer grunted.

The Enforcers picked Misty up and Misty was screaming. They carried her over to a hut to the left of Bill's house, which Beige had missed. The people on the beach looked back, some in horror of the Enforcers, some in horror of Misty.

"She was the Gym Leader." The young woman in front of Beige said to the boy. She was of average height, thin and had long blonde hair, but it looked like had just been freshly cut.

"Who's the gym leader now?" Beige asked. "How did Misty get arrested?"

"Well, they'll probably decomission the gym, since they already have too many gyms in Kanto. It is a bit unfair if you ask me on poor Misty." The girl let off a deep sigh. "She said one thing against Red and those Enforcer grunts took full offense."

"I see." Beige answered. "What's your name then?"

"My name's Brooklyn." She said, softly. "I can see we are on the same level. Who would you be?"

"I'm Beige. And just so you know, I have had a dodgy record with the Enforcers, myself." The last part of that sentence was softer than a whisper, as Beige did not want to get caught.

"You know...more..." The girl whispered. "You're different from the rest..." She smiled at him and he smiled back. "See you at the gym..." The girl, who frankly, Beige started to develop a crush on, blew him away. Beige put two and two together.

So she's the gym leader. She must of known Misty would get arrested. What an interesting girl. I need to find out more about her. Beige pondered.

With all the noise of people surrounding him, it had been a late night for Hibiki. By the following morning, he awoke long enough to hear other residents of the pokecenter shuffling past his bunk, before dropping right back to sleep. Thus, it was nearly mid-morning by the time he finally rose for real and headed out the door.

The ground was still wet from the previous night's rain, and the rock walls of Mt. Moon stood shiny and slick. Same as yesterday, there were still men in hazmat suits ducking through the "NO ENTRY" tape in and out of the tunnel mouth, leaving Hibiki nowhere to go but up. He momentarily considered going around the side of the mountain, but it would probably take days longer. Besides, he would be screwed if he came across a fast-moving river, or more rock walls that forced him back west.

A couple of youths came out from the pokemon center, late-risers like him. As he watched, they raised their pokeballs in the air, and a Geodude and a Pidgeotto appeared before them. The male trainer grabbed hold of his Geodude, who promptly used its powerful arms to haul them both up the cliffside, while the girl was grabbed around the shoulders by her Pidgeotto's claws and hoisted by its strong wings. The bird pokemon wasn't strong enough to lift her entirely, but she climbed the rock face as easily as if she weighed ten pounds.

Hibiki groaned inwardly. His only two pokemon, Charmander and Nidorina, were hardly mountain-climbing material. Resigning himself to the task that lay ahead, he pulled on a pair of gloves from his pack and began his slow, careful ascent. All things considered, the climb up the steep slope wasn't actually that bad, but every so often, someone with a Geodude or a flying pokemon would pass him up easily.

It took until the early afternoon for him to finally make it to a spot where the ground flattened to a plateau. As he sat and rested, chugging from his water bottle, Hibiki wondered at the fact that Mt. Moon had no actual peak. From the foot of the mountain, it gave the illusion of a pointed top, but in reality, the highest point was almost flat, thanks to the "Moon Stone" meteor that had stricken it so long ago. Now, as he looked around, Hibiki noticed that a plethora of crude Moon Stone chunks lay scattered throughout the stony landscape. A smile reached his lips, as he realized what he could do with a relatively-refined one. After a minute, he chose a nice round one, and shoved it into his pocket for imminent use. Then, taking up his walking stick, he proceeded forward.

The rocky pass soon shifted in background as he went on. Amongst the Moon Stone fragments, Hibiki's eyes suddenly fell upon the gargantuan body of a sleeping Onix. No- not sleeping. Fainted. It was spread out in an awkward, sort of backward pose that probably would have been painful if he, himself, were an Onix. There were more to follow, the further along Hibiki traveled, and he wondered with a little fear just how many were up here. Onix were colossal, but they were almost never seen in Mt. Moon Cavern. No wonder- this was where they made their home.

Suddenly, he detected noises of battle up ahead, and he hurried forward to see what the commotion was about. There, at the very center of the Moon Meteor, was the group of trainers that had gone ahead of him, fighting a lively Onix. Hibiki knew at once that they must have been the ones to fight their way through all the other Onix so far, and it seemed he had managed to catch up at last, due to how much the battling had slowed them down. The party contained mostly trainers from preteen to mid-teens in age, using pokemon like Zubat, Rattata, Spearow, Geodude, and Viridian bug-types. With them were also two adults- Enforcers- whom Hibiki guessed had served as public service escorts. The one with a Victreebel turned, noticed Hibiki, and seemed to brighten up.

"Oh! Thank crap, a Red Candidate. At least he'll have some half-decent pokemon. Hey, come give us a hand, kid! We've been at this for almost an hour, and our pokemon are getting tired."

Beige had stayed in the pokemon centre the previous night instead of the hotel to avoid detection. He raced out towards the gym to see a group of Enforcers trying to batter the door open.

"Open up!" One yelled. "We know you're in there!" There was about four of them. One had a large Raticate. Another had a Tauros that was trying to ram the door open. A third Enforcer had a Drowzee, that was getting ready to put someone to sleep. The last Enforcer had a Sandshrew.

Beige snuck up towards them. He sent out all of his main pokemon: Skull the Cubone, Sting the Beedrill, Voltaire the Pikachu and his newest pokemon-Ratbag the humungous Rattata. "Attack." He whispered to them. Immediately Sting sent off shots of Poison stings which poisoned the Raticate, Tauros and Drowzee. The Enforcers noticed and sent their pokemon to attack. Skull dashed towards the Tauros and clashed it's bone at Tauros, who had charged at Skull. A few bone club attacks weakened the pokemon. Drowzee sent terrifying beams of psychic energy and hypnosis attacks at the pokemon. Luckily, Voltaire knocked Drowzee out. Sandshrew came at Voltaire from behind but Ratbag bit into the mouse pokemon's back and it fainted. Then, Ratbag faced off with the Raticate. Their teeth collided. A thunderbolt attack from Voltaire defeated the huge rat pokemon. Then all of Beige's pokemon attacked the Tauros and the Tauros also fainted. Ratbag then evolved into a much bigger rat-a Raticate. The Enforcers looked in horror.

"Just who is this guy?" One asked.

"He could be that guy that one other group was trying to find...let's not find out!" Another one responded.

As the Enforcers ran off Beige tapped on the glass of the front door of the gym. He saw a face smiling at him. The doors opened and Beige saw many swimmers in a large swimming pool. Beige walked across a platform that had been raised out of the water. The swimmers saluted him. He came to the gym leader, Brooklyn, who had seen his efforts to stop the Enforcers.

"You are a strong trainer. And I haven't even battled you!" Brooklyn exclaimed. "Those Enforcers were going to shut down the gym. They were on to me. You saved me and the other gym trainers!"

"They would've battered you all. I only know from experience. My father and mother were both taken by them." Beige explained.

"In truth, I had heard about you before I even met you." Brooklyn said, putting her hands on her hips. "Misty only retired recently. She was in contact with the other gym leaders and she knew Odessa very well, in particular. Odessa told her about you Beige and Misty told me to look out for you! Now, let us start our gym battle!" Brooklyn exclaimed. Beige followed Brooklyn to another platform that was bigger and looked more suited to fighting.

"Go Goldeen!" Brooklyn threw out a poke ball and a goldfish pokemon with big red lips appeared in the water.

"Ratbag, I need you!" Beige exclaimed. The Raticate appeared on the field.

The roar of the Onix was deafening. Its call soon drew three others to the area, and the trainers tightened up. Looking around, Hibiki noticed that there were far fewer trained pokemon than humans, but it made sense. Using pokemon like Beedrill and Jigglypuff against the colossal rock serpents was pretty much a lost cause. He was certain that they had only survived this long because of the Enforcer holding the Victreebel.

Time to do my part, he thought, as the closest Onix bore down on the group, swinging its tail. There was a flash of pokeball light, and suddenly the tail was stopped short as it slammed into an immovable blue body. The new pokemon raised her eyes, sizing up the competition, and her claws gripped harder upon the tail she had clasped.

"That's my girl," said Hibiki with fierce pride for his freshly-evolved pokemon. "Nidoqueen! Let's see your new Double Kick!"

Nidoqueen twisted into crane stance, and with a single bound, leaped to Onix's head level. Her hind leg flashed out, striking it across the face, but the force of impact threw her off balance. With a groan, Onix fell on its side, while Nidoqueen crash-landed on her hindquarters, flinching. It was an incomplete Double-Kick, but for a pokemon that was just getting used to her bipedal body, it was a good first try.

The Onix rose with an expression of pain and murderous rage in its face- along with a fresh foot mark where Nidoqueen's kick had landed. However, before it could dive at Nidoqueen to deliver a payback scar, Hibiki flung a pokeball that drew all nine meters and five hundred pounds of the titan inside. This decision to capture Onix was not a whimsical one on Hibiki's part. He'd deliberately kept his team small so that the experience of battle would not be watered down among pokemon that would later spend most of their time in a digital PC box. Still, it had become clear to him that just two pokemon weren't cutting it, and Onix would prove useful for getting him safely back down the side of Mt. Moon.

Even so, in the end, it took nearly twenty pokeballs before Onix finally succumbed to one. By the time the ordeal was over, and Hibiki checked his surroundings again, the rest of the summoned Onix were lying in defeat. One of the Enforcers stood on a pile of massive, unconscious bodies, patting his Blastoise fondly. Hibiki did a double-take and stared. This guy had a BLASTOISE? Only honorary Red Candidates were supposed to have those.

The man noticed Hibiki staring, and seemed to read his thoughts. "Nice catch, kid," he said with a gentle smile, leaping down from the Onix heap. "Though I gotta say, when I took the journey, Onix didn't suit my style. They've got size and major defense . . . and that's about it."

"You were a Red Candidate?" Hibiki asked stupidly. The Enforcer nodded. "Yep. Daniel Fisher, trainer 146882, at your service."

"Hibiki. 147009. Thanks for having our backs, sir."

Daniel gave him a short salute. "Just doing my duty. We've got to look out for one another, don't you know."

Hibiki took to the Enforcer almost at once. The other guy with the Victreebel seemed irritable by contrast, and likened the work to "babysitting," as he called it. But Daniel seemed to enjoy his role in the trainer escort mission, and in all the combat that followed, he encouraged Hibiki and the other trainers alike. By the time they had finally made it down to the other side of Mt. Moon, Hibiki felt exhausted, yet exhilarated- a delightful paradox. He and the other trainers continued toward the lights of Cerulean City in the distance, while the two Enforcers turned and made their way back over to the west entrance of Mt. Moon.

"Hyper fang!" Beige commanded. "See if you can toss her onto the land!" Ratbag jumped into the water and managed to grab Goldeen, even though Goldeen tried to avoid the massive rat pokemon's claws. Ratbag jumped out with a loud splash and threw Goldeen into the air. Goldeen slammed against the floor and Ratbag dug it's huge teeth into the fish pokemon twice. Goldeen looked weak. Before Beige could give any more orders, Goldeen slipped into the water again and Brooklyn ordered several attacks.

"Attract. Then Flail!" Goldeen jumped behind Ratbag and put her flipper on her mouth and blew a kiss at Ratbag. The shape of her lips went flying towards Ratbag. Ratbag got hit and fell in love with the female Goldeen. He stared at Goldeen intensely with the shape of hearts in his eyes.

"Ratbag, come on...no!"

Goldeen slithered behind Ratbag and hit him with the flail attack. "Now water pulse!" A blast of water hit Ratbag. Another one knocked out the rat pokemon and Beige returned it. Using clever tactics, Brooklyn had turned the battle around.

"Come on Sting!" The Beedrilll flew above the water. "Poison sting!"

"Flail!" Brooklyn cried. Goldeen lept out of the water, but it got hit by the attack and fell down into the water. Brooklyn looked down to see that it had fainted.

Returning her pokemon, Brooklyn sent out her Poliwag. "Water gun!" Poliwag dropped it's eyebrows in an enraged expression as it tried to hit the Beedrill. However, the Beedrill was skilled at avoiding attacks. One of the water gun attacks did hit Sting but Sting felt nothing. A Twineedle attack ordered by Beige sent the Poliwag flying. A hypnosis attack came from Poliwag in an attempt to put Sting to sleep. Luckily, Sting avoided the attack and another poison sting finished the tadpole pokemon.

A Horsea appeared in the water, as Brooklyn threw out her third pokemon. "Smokescreen!" Horsea fired smoke into the atmosphere and Sting couldn't see.

"Keep attacking with Poison sting!" The confused Sting flew around and attacked different points. Horsea let her head out of the water but the smokescreen allowed her to avoid all of the attacks coming at her, as Sting couldn't see well.

"Bubblebeam!" Bubbles fired from the gunlike pokemon and hit Sting. Sting's wings suddenly felt crushed by all the attacks and stopped working.

"No!" Beige shouted. Sting fell into the water. It consumed him, then another bubblebeam attack took out the Beedrill.

Beige got annoyed with himself for this loss and sent out Voltaire the Pikachu. Beige clenched his fists and ordered a thunderbolt attack. In one hit, Voltaire took out the Horsea.

Now, Brooklyn was onto her final pokemon: a Starmie. "I want you to know, this here's my first pokemon. Misty gave me it when it was just a tiny Staryu!"

Beige nodded. "Electro ball!" He continued. Voltaire fired tiny balls of electricity at the Starmie.

"Rapid spin!" Starmie turned itself and started spinning. The Electro Balls got deflected back and hit Voltaire. Starmie itself then hit Voltaire. "Now Water gun!" Starmie fired water at Voltaire.

"Make a large electro ball!" Beige roared. A huge electro ball, bigger than most of the size of the room, was created by Voltaire. It grew as it got launched. Colliding with the water gun attack, it got smaller, but was stronger.

"Hydro pump!" Brooklyn shouted. Out of nowhere, a blast of water hit the electro ball, causing it to be destroyed. The water continued and hit Voltaire. It's intensity was so powerful that Voltaire fainted. Beige wondered how such a strong move was known by a pokemon at this stage in the journey.

Beige sent out the pokemon he first got when he was a child, Skull. "Bone club!" Skull ran towards Starmie and dueled it. Starmie kept dodging the attack but Skull managed to hit the gem in the middle of the pokemon. Starmie looked like it couldn't see and Brooklyn was terrified for a second. A Bonemerang attack in the same place finished the pokemon.

"Well that was a battle!" Brooklyn cried.

"You're a strong gym leader. You know that right?" Beige asked.

"Not after that battle." Brooklyn laughed. "Here's the badge you must be looking for." Brooklyn gave Beige the Cascade badge. "It's sad what happened to Misty, but there's nothing we can do except gather together against the Enforcers. Here. This the only TM I have." Brooklyn gave Beige the TM Water Pulse.

"Thanks." Beige responded. "I'm trying to get the gym leaders co-operate with each other. I first got the support of Odessa. I then went and found Billy, who's now a secret gym leader hiding underneath Pewter City by the way. His sister, who goes by the name of Petra now, also gives her support. This means both gym leaders from Pewter are against Red's regime."

"I heard, yes. Good how you got those gym leaders onto one side." Brooklyn complimented Beige. "I want you to know you have my support. Red's a nasty piece of work! Odessa gave me your phone number after she battled you. Here's mine." And then the two exchanged numbers.

"Thank you. If you need me to help you take out any Enforcers that would be troubling you, just call me." Beige smiled. "I'm trying to gather as many gym leaders together against Red as possible. I gotta go now."

"Bye honey!" Brooklyn shouted as she gave a wave and Beige waved as he left.

Evening had fallen upon Cerulean by the time Hibiki crossed into city limits. He paused for a moment, wondering if the Red Journey was designed that way on purpose, so that pokedex holders could get from settlement to settlement before nightfall. The few trainers still with him, who had not split off from the group, seemed to know the way to the pokemon center. When they had reached the place, Hibiki stopped and stared, for the Cerulean Gym was almost directly nextdoor to the building!

You know what? he thought to himself. The evening is still young. Perhaps I can knock this gym out before retiring for the night, and then we'll be ahead of the game tomorrow morning.

It seemed like a good idea, up until Hibiki handed his three pokemon to the nurse of the pokemon center. Then he thought about who had just left his fingers. Charmander, a stage-one Fire-type. Nidoqueen, whose full evolution made her part Ground-type. And Onix, a big, slow brute with a x4 weakness against water, which was Cerulean Gym's signature. This team might have actually been able to stand against the Rock Gym of Pewter, but they were at a serious disadvantage here.

Hibiki sat for a minute, chewing his fingernail in thought, then shook his head. Screw it; he'd try anyway. If nothing else, he'd gain an idea of what particular pokemon the leader used, and take advantage of that knowledge next time. It wasn't like he had a clean winning record. What was the worst that could happen?

He had just left the pokemon center when he found out. Out of Cerulean Gym's double-doors walked a young man with a hood and cap, whose signature color was all-too-distinctive.

"Oh, $&#@!"

Hibiki went rigid, then flung himself around the side of the gym, heart racing.

Beige.

The robber, the killer, the one whose presence preceded chaos in every city Hibiki had so far entered, was here. Not ten steps away. The last time they had met, Hibiki owned nothing but a fledgling Charmander. He was better prepared now, with freshly healed fighters that could probably take on any of Beige's pokemon other than his berserker Cubone. Assuming, that is, Beige had caught all the others in the same fashion as himself. And Beige had just come out of a gym, which probably meant his team was weakened and vulnerable. Now was the optimal time to ambush him.

But as he stood hidden around the building's corner, another thought came to Hibiki's tense mind. If Beige could walk in and out of official Red Journey gyms without getting arrested, something was wrong. Beige wasn't disguising himself, but perhaps he had some sort of strange hypnotic powers, like the wizard Saruman, which lulled people into a false sense of security around him. Or maybe it was something else. One thing was certain though: a head-on confrontation was extremely risky. Beige had killed with his pokemon before, and he was quite capable of doing it again.

Beige pushed his hood down from his hoodie, slowly. His pokemon had been healed by Brooklyn. He decieded to go and train next to Nugget Bridge. He took a shortcut, through the back of the gym, going around the side. There, he saw Hibiki. "Evening." Beige said to Hibiki, as he saw Hibiki staring at him. "Have we met before?" He asked. Hibiki looked remarkably familiar to him, yet Beige couldn't remember their encounter in Viridian City and in route 1. Then the memories flashed before him and his eyebrows dropped in a cross expression. You Idiot Beige. Beige thought.

"You! You're one of the Red loyalist trainers! You're one of the Enforcers' little experiments!" He exclaimed, strutting up to Hibiki, like Beige was on some kind of catwalk. "What were you doing behind the gym? Spying on me to see if I said anything bad about Lord Red. Maybe you're relaying information to the Enforcers! You know what. I'll show you you're on the wrong side of the fence. I'll prove it to you. But first..."

Beige tossed a poke ball and a Beedrill appeared. "Sting! Stand by for battle!"

Hibiki chastised himself inwardly for being caught, but pushed it aside as his mind did some quick thinking. His left hand flashed into his pocket, and then he looked down, as if forgetting for a moment that his pokeball belt had holsters on his other hip. Tossing aside his walking stick, he widened a ball in his right hand.

"You think I was spying on you for the thought police?" he asked incredulously. "Buddy, you're Charles freaking Manson. Talking bad about Red is the least of your crimes."

He tossed his ball, and Charmander appeared, standing poised for attack. A subtle smile appeared on the lizard's face. After the incident in Viridian Forest, he knew a thing or two about fighting Beedrills.

"Beige, is it?" Hibiki continued, his left arm bent behind his back like an old man. "You know you're on a 'wanted' poster for theft and murder, right? I can't believe you've made it all the way here to Cerulean City without anyone arresting you yet."

He had spoken these last lines loudly and carefully, placing emphasis on the words Beige, murder, and Cerulean. Then his tone shifted to battle command. "Let's fix that. Charmander! Continuous Ember against his Beedrill. Focus on accuracy, not power!"

"Dodge the attack!" Beige shouted. Sting flew to the side to avoid one of the ember attacks. However, the bee pokemon did not see the continuous stream that was also coming from the Charmander and got hit. "Poison sting!" The Beedrill flew close to Hibiki's Charmander and fired a sharp poisonous darts from the drills coming out of Sting's hands. This was done at a point blank range. "It was murder I had in mind..but I didn't want say it...incase one of them was around." Beige said, under his breath.

Luckily, there weren't any Enforcers around. At the same time this fierce confrontation was happening, a mob of angry Cerulean citizens seiged a small Enforcer outpost. The outpost was made of stone and looked like a tower or a large pillar. Most of the Enofrcer outposts seemed to look this way. As they sacked the outpost, it set alight. The mob left for route 25, crossing Nugget Bridge on the way. All that there was was a pile of dead Enforcer bodies on the floor. There was another Enforcer outpost next to Bill's Lighthouse and the mob attacked this too. Lt.Surge jumped down the cliffs, in a green tank top. He sighed as he looked at the mob.

"Poor rebels. They have no idea what's gonna happen to them. Today's gonna be a big day for you Raichu." Lt.Surge said to a Raichu that stepped forward next to him. "Kill them all. Get it over with, so I can get my pay cheque." The Raichu nodded.

"Raiiiiii..." The Raichu began charging electricity, as it jumped into air, leaping off the cliff. "Chuuuuuuuu!!!!!!" The Raichu exclaimed in a deep rage as it unleashed a gigantic thunderbolt attack. The thundrbolt attack killed the majority of the Cerulean mob that had managed to sack both outposts. The remaining rebels struggled to try and batter the Raichu with their physical body or their pokemon. The Raichu took out all the pokemon with a kind of chain lightning thunderbolt attack-the electricity jumping from pokemon to pokemon. Another group of rebels ran from the city in a last attempt to put down this powerful pokemon. Raichu charged another attack. "Chuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!" Raichu fired an even larger thunderbolt into the sky and the clouds turned dark. Rain poured. A Thunder attack was issued and the gigantic thunderbolt came down on the rest of the rebels, combined with the thunder attack, brutally executed the remaining rebels.

"That was just a snack." Lt.Surge said to himself and Raichu. "Get this mess cleared up!" He shouted to a small band of Enforcers that marched from Nugget Bridge. The Enforcers grabbed the piles of dead bodies that seemed to be stacked up and took them elsewhere, who knows where they were heading.

"Dump 'em in the water! Now, so nobody sees!" Lt.Surge ordered. The Enforcers were in fear of them. They placed the bodies on a boat and the boat took them across the seas to the east of Cerulean. In the middle of the water, they were then dumped.

"Where are we going next?" Lt.Surge asked himself. "We should go back home before dealing with any traitors in Pewter City!" He said to his Raichu. Raichu followed him along.

Charmander cringed as stinging darts rained down upon his body. He had been cut and poisoned in several places, but in spite of that, he saw that his opponent had come within a range that was impossible to miss. Opening his mouth wide, he let off a blast of flames that lit up the entire city square. The Beedrill dropped like a stone, blackened and steaming.

Hibiki gave Charmander a nod of approval before returning his gaze to Beige. "So, you mean to keep murdering people no matter what?" he challenged. "I've never believed in violence if it was possible to resolve our differences with words. In your case, we're past the point of no return, but I'll ask anyway." He withdrew Charmander and tossed his next ball, sending Onix onto the field. "Why'd you have to kill them, Beige? Those guys had wives and children! What could possibly be so important that you had to take it that far?"

Onix loomed down from overhead, letting loose a bone-jarring roar.

"That is where you and I differ." Beige said, returning Sting the Beedrill, who had fainted. "The Enforcers have killed innocent civilians' family, wives and children themselves, and it's a lot more than what I've done! The truth is a lot darker than you think." Beige sent out Skull the Cubone. "Bonemerang." He said calmly, to the Cubone. Skull threw the bone his was holding into the air and glided, like some boomerang.

Lt.Surge marched on his own into Cerulean City. The Enforcer had all flown back to their outposts via flying type pokemon. Lt.Surge saw Hibiki and Beige's intense battle through the openings of the buildings and started walking curiously towards them.

"You are so full of crap!" Hibiki shouted back. "Red's Enforcers don't get up in the morning, rubbing their hands together in glee about how they're gonna kill innocent men, women, and children. Their whole purpose is to maintain order!"

He didn't have time to say more. Cubone's Bonemerang came spinning from its paw, smashing Onix right between the eyes. Onix reared back, giving a bellow of pain.

"Damn it- Onix! Screech!"

Hibiki held his ears as the giant rock serpent emitted a scream that shattered the nearest glass panes of the Cerulean Gym. With any luck, the technique had stunned Beige as well, but if nothing else, it would sharply lower the impressive physical defense of the Cubone.

A second later, Onix's scream was cut off with a grunt. Hibiki glanced up, in time to see the Bonemerang ricochet off the back of his pokemon's head; its second hit had landed. Onix's eyes rolled up, and he fell with an earth-shaking thud. Gritting his teeth, Hibiki recalled his beaten pokemon.

You call me if you need me, echoed his brother's voice in his mind, and I will rain down fire from heaven on anyone who was stupid enough to threaten my brother. You've got friends in high places, don't forget that.

He glanced down at the phone in his left hand, which he had dialed the moment Beige had loosed Beedrill against him. The call was still active. Hopefully, Gold had picked up in time to overhear when he had shouted that Beige the murderer was here in Cerulean City. If so, air support was on its way, preferably with stubby, orange wings.

"You're twisted, Beige," he said, flicking out Nidoqueen's pokeball. "That is the only dark truth I know for sure. Now- Nidoqueen! Cubone's defenses are down; Body Slam it!"

Skull's ears almost exploded when it heard the screech attack. It tried to cover it's ears but then got hit by Nidoqueen's massive body. There were now cracks in the actual Skull of the Cubone. It looked like one more of these body slam attacks would take down the Nidoqueen. "Bone club!" Beige yelled. Skull ran towards the Nidoqueen and tried to flick the bone in the Cubone's hands at the large pokemon.

"Who are you calling?" Beige asked, with suspicion. "If you're calling the Enforcers...I'm going to get mad..."

Nidoqueen gave a strangled cry as the Cubone's club beat her across the jaw. She was part Poison-type, and the bone club was super effective. Without waiting for Hibiki's command, she swept around in a circle and delivered two rapid kicks to Cubone, sending it skidding across the ground. There she remained, clutching her wounded face and breathing heavily.

"I can't beat you," Hibiki responded, to Beige's inquiry. "And obviously, neither could any of the Enforcers you've faced so far. So I'm not taking any chances calling them."

A loud crack echoed in the sky overhead, the sound of a sonicboom. A creature bright-orange in color appeared through clouds, visible even in the gathering darkness of night. It had no rider, but flew alone, diving earthbound. With a sudden panic, Hibiki realized how stupid he had been to call for his brother's help in the middle of a city. Dragonite dealt with Johto criminals; it wouldn't know Beige from Adam. And of course, there was also the problem of collateral damage for a pokemon of that level. Still, it was better than if he'd done nothing at all.

"The cavalry has arrived."

Last edited:

Beige looked up at the Dragonite. "Who's Dragonite is that?" He asked. In slight fear, he returned Skull to it's pokeball and started to dash off when a girl on a bike rode from the path in front of him. The bike was black with red, pink and yellow stripes and there was a basket at the front. Stepping off the bike, Beige immediately knew the person on the bike trying to stop him was Leaf.

"I've got you now!" Leaf shouted. "Stop right there!"

"Leaf! Can't you see i'm busy?" Beige asked.

"That boy was trying to beat you in a pokemon battle but he's called someone stronger." Leaf explained. "I saw the whole the thing. I've got the cascade badge just in case you were wondering."

"But-"

"You two are gonna settle your quarrels right now." Leaf said, cutting Beige off. She reached out to give both boys two pieces of card-one seemed to be a bike voucher for the bike store in Cerulean City and one seemed to be a ticket for the S.S.Anne in Vermillion City. "Yes i'm giving you both a bike voucher. I got them both from the Pokemon Fan Club when two people gave me their spare tickets and trust me, they'll help both of you. And as for the S.S.Anne tickets? I thought both of you could use some bonding time. I'm not going to use my ticket and I accidently bought another ticket."