• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (RP)

The wind twisted and dust swirled in the air as Gold's Dragonite touched down. Hibiki pointed after Beige, pursuing him while beckoning to Dragonite. "There he is! That's Beige, don't let him escape!"

"Hey. Hey!" Gold's voice issued from Hibiki's cell phone, just as Beige halted before a girl on a bike ahead. "Don't do anything else, Hibiki. Just let Dragonite do his thing. I'll be right back." He seemed to step away from his end of the phone. Dragonite stood sentinel, watching motionlessly as the girl on the bicycle beckoned Hibiki over. With a start, he recognized her as Leaf, the girl from Pewter Gym.

"You two are gonna settle your quarrels right now," Leaf was saying firmly, shoving a ticket and Bike Voucher into both their hands. Hibiki glanced down at the sudden gift, then gave Leaf a look like she had two heads.

"You know this guy? And . . . you want us to make nice or something?" He pointed sideways at Beige, stressing every word in desperate hope of making her understand how crazy she sounded to him. "This. Is. Jack. The. Ripper. You don't settle quarrels with a menace to society; you put him where he can't hurt anyone!"

"Okay, back," Gold's voice came from Hibiki's phone. "Are you away from a crowd? If so, put me on speaker for a second." Hibiki glanced at Beige and Leaf, and did as he was bidden by his brother.

"You. The boy who calls himself Beige." Gold's voice was now cold, and filled with command. "I don't deal with stupid people, which is the only reason you're still breathing right now. I'm going to have a word with Hibiki, here. You are going to stay right where you are, because you're smart enough to know that if you move one inch, I will end you." He paused. "Watch him, Dragonite. Hibiki, back on regular."

Hibiki turned off speaker mode and brought the phone back to his ear. "He's not running anymore. Where are you going to have Dragonite take him?"

"Take him? No . . . you misunderstand." Gold's voice lowered to a hush. "Hibiki, are you absolutely sure that this is the guy that Red's been sending wanted posters around for?"

"Absolutely. He's crazy."

"No, he's not crazy. He's extreme. There's an important difference." Gold's voice was tinged with conspiracy. "That little display of power just now? That will deter him from dispensing you like those Enforcers, because he now understands that it would be mutually assured destruction."

Hibiki tilted his head, confused. "What are you saying? It almost sounds like you're letting him go."

"Good. That's the impression I was going for." Gold's voice was grim, and deadly serious. "I need you to do me a real solid, Hibiki. I'm able to see things only from a limited point of view, where I stand. Things Red wants me to see, if you follow. But I mean to broaden my perspective, especially in light of all the rebellion that's suddenly taken place in Kanto. You must be my eyes, and that means keeping close tabs on Beige."

Hibiki's mind went blank. " . . . What?"

"Let me put it as plainly as I can. I want you to stay with him. Not right next to him, lest you arouse suspicions, but near enough to gain information on the rebellion as it develops."

"What . . . but . . ." Hibiki spluttered, so baffled and frustrated that he could have strangled the phone. "You can't ask this of me, bro. I hate him, and I've never hated anyone in my life."

"That's also favorable," replied Gold calmly. "If you get caught with him, that sincere show of revulsion will quickly clear you of any guilt by association. But it's as you say, Hibiki. I am not telling you to do this. I am asking, as a favor."

Hibiki dragged a hand down his face, pinched the bridge of his nose, and let out a long, stressful breath. Even if Gold hadn't been his brother, the guy had just saved his life. "Alright," he sighed, his stomach clenched. "I'll do it. But only because I trust you to make things better from this."

"Patience is the name of the game, bro," Gold responded cheerfully, with evident delight at Hibiki's answer. "Honestly, thank you. You have no idea what this means to me. Now . . ." A practiced composure returned to Gold's voice. "Go ahead over there and put Beige on the line, would you please? I have a few things to say to him before I hang up."

Hibiki turned and looked back behind him at Beige, loathing still bubbling in his stomach. With somewhat of an effort, he thrust the cell phone toward him. "Here. My brother wants to talk with you."

Last edited:

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Beige was frozen when he heard Gold's voice through the phone and in his head, thought that Hibiki was very scheming when the brothers were talking to each other one to one. Beige was cornered by Leaf, Hibiki, Gold's voice and the Dragonite.

"Fine. You win." Beige announced. He said this loud and clear as he wanted both Hibiki and Gold to hear this. "I'm sorry for the trouble I must of caused here." He apoligised.

"I think you should do more than that." Leaf added.

Beige put all of his poke balls in his bag and held his hand out, as if to give a handshake to Hibiki. He didn't try to move much, as that would have caused the Dragonite to attack. "Listen here. I'm going to change my ways." Beige said to the people there. "I swear..." His voice died down as he went into deep thought.

"I think you two should travel together." Leaf stated her opinion clearly. Beige thought the same, somewhat.

"How about we meet up at the lighthouse in Vermillion City?" Beige asked Hibiki.

Last edited by a moderator:
*(Requesting a Time Skip to the next morning, unless you have more business for this day)

"Meet at the lighthouse?" Hibiki echoed, slightly confused. "So we're splitting up right now?" Movement from the corner of his eye caught his attention, and Hibiki looked to see a small group of uniformed men heading in their direction, doubtlessly drawn by the spectacle of a Dragonite. Enforcers- led by a blonde, spiky-haired military man. No wonder Beige wanted to make himself scarce so quickly.

"Fine," he said. "I don't want to be seen with you, so . . . Leaf, right?" He turned to the girl with the bicycle, still irritated at the turn of events. "You obviously thought this was a good idea, so own up. You're gonna be an intermediary between me 'n Beige, because I canNOT be with him for an extended period."

"Hibiki, please don't complicate this needlessly," came Gold's reprimand over the phone. Hibiki took it from Beige's hand, lifting it to his ear angrily. "Trust me, bro, I need this."

"Yeah, maybe. But that's not our choice to make." Gold made a sound like he was clearing his throat. "So! With that done and over with, I'm calling Dragonite back home, now. I've no doubt that this will be the last time he needs to make an emergency trip to Kanto."

A blast of wind nearly knocked the phone from Hibiki's hand, and by the time he'd looked up, Dragonite was already a speck in the sky. How Gold had managed to train the creature to such insane power levels was an enigma to him.

One minute later, the mob of Enforcers had arrived, looking around at the fallout from Beige and Hibiki's battle. A stone water fountain had been singed from Charmander's Flamethrower, some Beedrill needles still stuck in the ground, and a great Onix-shaped crevice dented the ground between the pokecenter and gym. One of the men approached Hibiki, catching sight of his pokedex as he held it up.

"Trainer 147009, Hibiki," he said, grinning bashfully. "Sorry 'bout the mess. We got carried away."

"No kidding," the Enforcer said, gruffly. "Was your sparring partner on that Dragonite? You could have leveled half the city. Do you realize you could be sued for any damages?"

Hibiki stiffened at these words, blood draining from his face. One of the other men jabbed the first one hard in the ribs. "(Dimwit, didn't you hear his trainer number? That's Gold's brother. That was probably Gold's Dragonite! Are you trying to get killed?)"

Now it was the accuser whose face went white. Feeling guilty, and a little surprised at the show of paranoia, Hibiki waved his arms in negation. "No, no, you're right! I'm sorry; I know we should have used a public battlefield while in city limits. It won't happen again, and I'll set to repairs in the morning."

Well, he thought tiredly, so much for battling Cerulean Gym before calling it a night.

(Time Skip to next day after this Post)
By the time the Enforers had shown up in Cerulean City, Beige was out of there. He had slipped away, partially unoticed, giving a small wave to both Hibiki and Leaf. He entered a ruined house in order to escape Cerulean. It had been said to have been destroyed by a Team Rocket grunt a week before they arrived. After escaping the clutches of the water town, Beige trained a bit on the next few routes, before dashing ahead. He arrived in the north of Vermillion City and, with nightfall engulfing the city and the routes around it, Beige tip-toed into a pokemon Centre and stayed in their rooms for the night. Beige had to make up a fake ID so that, should the Enforcers enter, they would not be alerted to his presence.

“Man, that was intense,” Jax mumbled as he walked through Cerulean City. His Pokemon, Rouge and Pika were both exhausted. However, Rouge had achieved an Evolution making him a Nidorino, had caught a Spearow which he named Fury, and Jax had found a Moon Stone. Finding that rock was partially the reason why it took Jax all day to travel through. But he had left the city almost as fast as he had entered, leaving as soon as he healed his Pokemon, hitting north to Nugget Bridge. That’s where the chaos began.

Jax had watched the battle hidden, from the other three. One had identified himself as Gold’s younger brother, while the other male was named Beige. He was the activist whom had been receiving so much attention. As the conversation continued it seemed that Gold was keeping his eyes on Beige and mention of meeting in Vermillion had been tossed around. Jax decided to folllow them and learn of what Gold was planning.

By the time the Enforcers swamped the area, Jax did his best to act like he had been knocked unconscious, making sure, that Gold’s brother didn’t see him. When the enforcers found him and interrogated him, he kept up his ruse as an innocent bystander. No point in getting involved with what had happened. No point in doing it now, of course.

He headed towards Cerulean, making sure to sleep in a room in the Center. Tomorrow he would have to challenge the gym, and head to Vermillion.

- - -

Waking up early the next morning, he went forward, planning to challenge the Cerulean Gym. He had done the research to learn that the gym leader, was a girl by the name of Brooklyn and she used Water Types. So Evolving Rouge would be stupid, as he would gain a disadvantage upon gaining the Ground Typing, and using Fury would be solid neutral damage. However, Pika was probably his best bet. She had superior speed, and super effective moves.

Entering the gym, Jax felt a feeling of excitement. There was no line, and so there would be no wait. “Brooklyn of Cerulean City!” I challenge you!” The boy announced.

She accepted and sent out her first Pokemon, a Golden who swam furiously in the water that made up the battlefield.

“Go Rouge!” Jax shouted, sending out his Nidorino. The Posion type landed on one of the platforms and got into a batting stance.

Last edited:

Leaf, having been pleased with herself for resolving the conflict with Gold's Dragonite earlier, stayed in Cerulean City, even though she had already gotten the Cascade badge. As she was about to enter the pokemon centre, she passed a purple and pink tent with magical colours. It stood out. Leaf entered the tent to see a man in a mask with a purple jacket sitting at a wooden table. It was Will from before and Leaf immediately recognised him.

"Ah! You are the girl from before!" Will said, with somewhat of an eastern-European accent. "We have met in Pewter have we not?"

"Yes." Leaf replied. "What are you doing here?"

"The Enforcers closed in on us at Pewter City. They found out about the secret underground tunnels. They're trying to locate our main halls, but they haven't found us. Most of us have left now, divided either in the regular Pewter City houses or in other cities. I came here, looking for the one named 'Beige.' He has been on my mind for a while now, and well, I think he's the chosen one."

"Well, you'll be sad to find out, he's not here. He went to Vermillion City."

"I know."

"How...then why did you come here?"

"Because I came to see you."

"How did you know I would be here, at...this exact time?"

"I see things only a handful can see...the past...the present...and most importantly...the future. It's dark path for that little boy, but he will make it. I forsaw in a dream that you would be here, just as he left. I came to tell you, you're more important than you think. Use your brain! Follow the trail that Beige leaves."

"I was going to abandon him." Leaf muttered.

"But you didn't. You came back. I saw it all in my mind."

"Yes but...that doesn't mean I need to suck up to him and follow him around 24/7/!"

"Indeed, it is important to be who you are. But by examining his actions and explaining them, you will find something in yourself too. He is more right than you think."

"What do you-"

"But don't let the rebel become the ruler. Do not allow him to be corrupted."

"I...I think I know what you mean."

"There are more factors that must play out. Ensure the one that fears him, the sibling of thehand of justice, the unknowing, befriends the truth and the Yin and the Yang shall become one."
--------------------------------------
(The Next Morning)

Beige awoke bright and early as he raced out of the Pokemon Centre. He stood next to the magnificent Lighthouse waiting for Hibiki. A very tall one it was, indeed, but it lacked the bulk, the room space. It stood to Beige's right from the position he came from and then even further right was the pokemon gym. To his left, a long wooden and steel docking port for small boats and then a large and official one for large ships. The S.S Anne docked here and it's crew and passengers marched out.

“Poison Sting!” The battle for the Cascade badge had begun, between the challlenger, Jax and the gym leader, Brooklyn. Jax was quick to mak the first move. Rouge fired small but sharp purple darts from the tip of his horn, towards the Goldeen. The Water Type swam around them, dodging the flurry of attacks with ease.

“What’s going on. There’s no way that Goldeen could dodge it like that!” Jax claimed, as the Goldeen practically predicted the array of movements to dodge.

“One of the beauties of water, is how it changes perspective. It refracts, making your Nidorino’s aim off a bit, while slowing down the attack. This gives me time to dodge. “Now Horn Attack!” Brooklyn waved her hands after speaking, commanding an attack from Goldeen. The fish leapt out of the water with a splash and flung itself towards the Nidorino, with its horn leading the charge.

“Dodge!” Jax countered. In a swift motion, Rouge rolled right, allowing the Horn Attack to slam into the floating pad, causing it to rock. This movement of the pad and limited surface area to fight on would make the battle hard to work with overal, while ,making it easier for Water Types to move. However, Jax didn’t have any Pokemon who could traverse through the water. Or did he?

“Rouge! Swim! Use your Double Kick attack to paddle!” This move was a very odd one for a few reasons. With the Nidorino swimming using Doube Kick, it would allow movement, but slow movement, and any of Brooklyn’s water types could outspeed Rouge. Plus, a Water Type could effectively swamp attacks, hitting any side, Brooklyn felt like.

Sukoku stepped in Saffron, looking around "Hmmm! It's been a while since I visited this place," he stated. Walking towards a tall building, entering it, a lady greeting him and kissing his forehead, saying: "It's great to have you back, sweetie!" It was clear that she is his mom, she walked up to the kitchen, grabbing some apples and bananas, shoving them into Sukoku's mouth until he was completely full. "GURHUUHWJ!" He tried to say, swallowing the fruits, looking up at his mom and smiling. "Hahaha! Thank you! I came here to show you something interesting, look!" He shoved his hand into his pocket, pulling a badge case out, opening it and showing her the two badges he had achieved. His mom looked at it, opening her mouth really wide, hugging Sukoku so hard that he nearly ran out of oxygen.

After talking a bit to his mom and getting some information with his dad, he knew that his next destination was Cerulean! He looked ahead, running towards the Route that separates Saffron from Cerulean. As he walked, a boy walked up to him, he opened a smirk, saying: "You look hungry!" "No, I'm not," Sukoku replied, raising an eyebrow. "Then you're thirsty!" The boy exclaimed, pointing to Sukoku's chest. Sukoku shook his head, looking down at the boy, which was looking really angry. The boy ran up to Sukoku, shouting: "THEN YOU SHOULD BATTLE ME!" "Ugh... Fine," Sukoku replied, shoving his hand into his pocket, pulling out a Pokéball, it wasn't a common Pokéball since it was really tiny. Sukoku pressed the button on the middle of it, as it grew to the point it looked like a common Pokéball, he then threw the Pokéball forwards, as it opened, a bright light coming out of it, as it closed, the light dispersed, revealing a Growlithe. The boy, angry, shouted: "I CHOOSE YOU! RATTATA!!!!!!!" He threw the Pokéball forwards, as the said Rattata came out of it, Sukoku then said "Growlithe... Use Fire Fang."
The Growlithe nodded yes, running towards the Rattata, opening it's fangs widely. The boy, fearing what could happen to his little Rattata said: "RATTATA! DODGE!!!" The Rattata tried to run away, but the Growlithe quickly closed it's mouth, catching the Rattata on them, Sukoku grinned, saying : "Now, shake your head and end this." The Growlithe started to shake it's head, as the Rattata ended up fainted. Sukoku raised his Pokéball, the Growlithe going into it, he looked at the boy, which was sad, looking down to the ground, Sukoku walked up to him, patting his back, walking towards Cerulean.

~The End~

In a great flash on light, a giant flame appeared on the road in front of Sukoku. A woman, in her 20s, appeared as the flame died down. She had long fiery ginger ginger hair and sported a blood red shirt and a Crimson jacket with long sleaves, accompanied by black jeans. She also had rouge lips. And from those rouge lips she spoke.

"Hey." She said to Sukoku. "You look like a trainer with potential. You look like you could, someday, be some kind of champion. What is your name?" She asked. "My name's Seraphina."

The great stone clock tower at Vermilion City's center gave twelve booming chimes, signaling noontime to the port. It wasn't until the last chime faded away, that Hibiki appeared around the corner of the lighthouse, looking to all the world like a haggard vagrant. He leaned heavily upon his walking stick as he stopped for breath, blowing like a chain-smoker after a marathon. Another minute passed before he looked Beige properly in the face, and in spite of his weariness, he managed a sarcastic tone.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Have you been waiting long?"

"Since early this morning."

Hibiki gave a low whistle. "Damn, dude, don't you ever sleep? That's what I do at night- not sprint halfway through the region." He paused, noticing Beige's expression. "Don't look at me like that. I've had a busy morning, and it's not like you specified when we were supposed to meet here."

To say that he'd been busy was an understatement. Hibiki had spent the first part of the morning wiping down walls, smoothing over the ground, and reimbursing the Cerulean Gym for the window his Onix has broken with Screech. He had proceeded to challenge the Cerulean Gym, which he lost almost as quickly as his Pewter challenge due to sheer type disadvantage. Four cities into the journey, and still only one badge to show for it. He was doubtlessly shaming Red, and bringing dishonor to his brother's name. Furthermore, the bike ride to Vermilion had been exhausting, made all the worse by constantly rehashing what an embarrassment of a trainer he was turning out to be. And of course, his destination was to a meeting with his least favorite person in the world.

"Well, I'm here now," said Hibiki, raising his arms in mock salutation. "Thanks for setting up such a close and convenient location." He dropped his arms flat. "Now tell me what the hell I'm doing here, if you would be so kind."

The door of the lighthouse swung open as a group of Enforcers marched out. They were led by the strong and muscular Lt.Surge, who adjusted his sunglasses. "Raichu is up on top. He'll provide the rest of the light needed for the warships to see." Lt.Surge said to the Enforcers. "Now, let us go to the S.S.Anne." They did not see the two boys as they marched past them.

"There's a radio tower hidden in this lighthouse." Beige whispered to Hibiki. "I know this because they would need a tall building to transmit the radio signals and...there isn't really a building quite like it. Follow me." Beige saw that the door was left swung open and so the door did not need to be opened. He tipped toed into the first floor of the lighthouse and looked up. The room's size was tall heightwise, but it wasn't so big in terms of the width. Beige saw steps going up in a spiral fashion towards a wooden door.

"It's up her-"

"Hey!" Someone shouted. Suddenly, the wooden door at the top of the stairs opened rapidly as a group of Enforcers appeared. They knew Beige was there and had heard the sounds he had been making previously. They sent out some pokemon to deal with him. Beige sent out Voltaire and Voltaire easily destroyed all of the pokemon with a chain thunderbolt attack, which bounced from pokemon to pokemon. In terror, the Enforcers ran out of the building. Beige looked back at Hibiki. "This way!" He shouted.

But before he could say anything, the massive body of Stephan stomped out of the door at the top. He had a large Kingler skuttle down the stairs. "Hello Beige!" He roared.

------------------------------------------------------

Leaf arrived in Vermillion City an hour earlier. She made a booking at the new Vermillion City Hotel that was built to the east of the great port city. From a backpack she had swapped to, she lifted a heavy egg, which was inside of a glass container. She had obtained the egg from the day care at route 5. She was trying to lift it outside of the hotel to try and get it into her room when she was approached by two Enforcers.

"Is that an egg you have?" One of the Enforcer grunts asked.

"Yes it is. Why do you ask?"

"Where did you get it? Eggs can only be obtained from legal sources." The other grunt said, in a suspicious tone.

"What are the legal sources?"

"Red approved places, for example, Cinnabar labs. The most trusted place is the Great Egg Research Centre in Celadon City."

"I got mine from route 5-the day care."

"That's outlawed! The couple that run that are against Red!" Shouted one of the Enforcers. The other one swipped the egg from Leaf's hands.

"Hey!" Leaf cried. The two Enforcers ran off with the egg. Leaf chased them, but she slowed down to catch her breath. She started running again and saw them in the distance. They had gone into the lighthouse and then the S.S.Anne. "I might need to call in the boys." She said to herself.

While they had still been outside the lighthouse, Hibiki had gotten distracted by the sight of Lieutenant Surge, and even more so when he mentioned the arrival of "warships."

There's that increased military spending in action, he thought, but why the naval drills? I thought domestic terrorism was Kanto's biggest problem. Are we gearing up against China again?

"There's a radio tower hidden in this lighthouse," Beige had said. "Follow me."

He went ahead before Hibiki had a chance to respond, and without thinking, Hibiki hurried after him, feeling an increasing sense of dread. "Beige? I get the feeling we aren't supposed to be up here."

That was when the Enforcers had appeared at the top of the stairs, and almost immediately, pokeballs were flying. Hibiki backed away, horrified, and pressed himself against the wall while lightning crackled through the inner room. Much like the Enforcers from the Pallet area, these guards possessed pitifully weak pokemon- or at least, localized water-types that fell before the power of electricity.

Unbelievable, Hibiki thought disgustedly, as the Enforcers fled past him out the lighthouse door. Why does Red keep equipping his guys with such weak-ass pokemon? Unless . . . were all of these people previous Candidates who failed to complete the Red Journey?

"This way!" shouted Beige, moving forward. Hibiki refocused his gaze upon the other boy's retreating back, giving him a scathing glare. "Why am I not surprised?" he snapped. "You swore that you would change your ways! Yet it hasn't even been twenty-four hours, and you're already back to fighting the Military Police! I never should've let you talk me into-"

He was cut off, as an enormously fat Enforcer stomped down the stairs, sending an even bigger king crab pokemon scuttling toward Beige. By now, the shock had completely worn off, and Hibiki's already-thin temper had worn down to the nerve.

"Hey, Doctor Robotnik!" he shouted to the portly Enforcer. "I've already seen how this is going to play out, so save us both the pain of watching your inevitable defeat, and listen to me. Your badnik there is about to be destroyed by a speedy rodent with special powers. Either send out a smarter match, or call your boss back here." Hibiki paused for a moment in thought. ". . . or squash his Pikachu under your ample buttocks. Anything's better than this setup."

“Dive in and use Water Pulse!” Goldeen leapt into the water and charged after the Nidorino. She curved her back and fired a pulse of pressurized water, that skimmed over the water, charging towards Rouge.

Now it was time to go with his plan. “Now, sink!” Jax’s command was an odd one indeed, but somewhat effective. Rouge, stopped paddling forward and pushed himself below the water, even deeper.

“You’re going to drown your Pokemon!” Brooklyn screeched frantically, as Rouge avoided the attack.

“Not exactly. Double Kick and Horn Attack!” Nidorino’s feet touched the bottom of the floor, and he shot up, racing towards Goldeen. Using his momentum, he slammed Goldeen with his horn, knocking Goldeen out of the water, and himself landing on the platform, breathing heavily. Goldeen was unable to battle.

“Goldeen, return.” Brooklyn said, as the fish like Pokemon glowed red, and went back into its Pokeball. “Interesting move, but risky. Nothing I wouldn’t suspect from one of Red’s trainers. Now, go Poliwag! Rain Dance!” The small blue Pokemon burst out of his Pokeball and onto the platform closest to Brooklyn. He began to wag his tail and clouds began to form over their heads. Within moments, the gym was pouring down rain.

“Poison Stting!” Jax shouted, once the rain began to fall. Rouge opened his mouth to fire another barrage of purple needles. The needles rushed towards the small blue Pokemon.

“Poliwag, use Double Slap!” Poliwag snapped his tail int he way and furiously swayed it back and forth, knocking away the attack. “Water Gun!” Then Poliwag fired a blast of pressurized water that slammed into Rouge, knocking him out.

Rain continued to fall as Jax returned Rouge to his Pokeball. “Go, Fury!” He sent out his Spearow, who looked like he was ready for some action in this fight. “Peck!” The Spearow rushed forward leading with his beak. Rain slid of his body as he dove in a headlong charge. Aiming for the center, Fury slammed his beak into Poliwag’s chest causing it to stumble back.

“Now, don’t let up! Aerial Ace!” Fury slashed Poliwag quickly before rushing into the air again.

“The rain boosts my water Type moves. So watch out. Water Gun!” Brooklyn was getting frustrated, and it was becoming quite appparent. Poliwag fired another blast of water that slammed into Fury, pushing him back. As the water pushed against Fury, Jax gave his next command.

“Mirror Move!” Fury’s body became engulfed with a blue energy, as he charged brought the Water Gun. He pushed forward and slammed into Poliwag, knocking him out.

“Return! Now time for my strongest Pokemon!” Brooklyn shouted as she switched out Pokemon. She was obviously getting more and more upset and Jax knew he could take advantage of this. “Go Starmie.” A giant purple star wiht multiple points appeared and Jax quickly understood that it was probably Brooklyn’s strongest.

“Return Fury. Go Pika!” In a moment, Jax switched his Pokemon out, sending out his Pikachu. Rain fell around them, as the battle for the badge raged on.

—Hours Later—

Jax walked through Vermillion City, feeling quite full of himself. After all, he had won his third gym badge. However his celebration was cut short, as two enforcers barged past him, almost tackling him to the ground. In one of their arms was a Pokemon Egg. Then a girl came racing after them, shouting afte them. It appeared the egg had belonged to her.

“I’ll help!” Jax shouted, volunteering himself aloud, so the girl could hear, before running forward. He looked ahead to see them board a large cruis ship, known worldwide as the S.S. Anne.

Stephan grunted as Hibiki spoke he didn't have any idea what he was saying. "You with this punk? Data suggests you're a loyalist, so what are you doing with Beige?" Stephan asked in a confused state. His eyes then moved to Voltaire. "Nevermind! Kingler, use vice grip!" Kingler jumped towards Voltaire the Pikachu and grasped it in the crab pokemon's gigantic claw. Voltaire struggled as it got strangled.

"Use thunderbolt!" Beige commanded, but it was no use. The Pikachu could not fire electricity as it was being strangled too hard.

The vicegrip attack got stronger and stronger. Voltaire felt like it was getting crushed harder and harder. In order to create a distraction, Beige sent out his Magikarp-a pokemon he had not really used much since the time he got it in Mt.Moon. "Von Karp." He then remembered that this Magikarp's only attacking move was Tackle. "Tackle him." Von Karp flew into the air and hit the Kingler from behind. The Kingler turned around and unleashed a bubblebeam attack. Voltaire was released.

"Thunderbolt, now!!" Beige roared. Voltaire managed to create a huge thunderbolt attack that hit the Kingler and took it down. Stephan ran out of the room in a tantrum, like a crying baby. Then, Von Karp evolved. The bright light covered the room then a massive blue snake like creature had appeared-a Gyarados. It was so big that it's head grew past the ceiling and caused a hole to appear in the radio room at the top. Beige marched to the top of the room and had Skull the Cubone destroy all the machines in which the propaganda radio signals were coming from. Von Karp roared as the lighthouse started to fall apart with the beast causing serious damage.

"Get out!" Beige exclaimed to Hibiki, returning Von Karp, Voltaire and Skull, to their poke balls. The ceiling started to fall down and there were already multiple dead Enforcers.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Thank you but-" Leaf said to Jax, who had offered her help. Leaf had been very pleased to hear this, but she had high hopes that Beige and/or Hibiki would help too. "I kind of need someone else. Listen, I'll go and get them and you chase after those egg thieves! Let's meet up outside of the harbour where the S.S.Anne docks!"

Three rasps rang through the apartment, startling Sykes out of his sleep. For the past year, he had slept in a sleeping bag on the couch nearest the door. It was cheaper than buying a mattress.

“Open up!”

The knocking continued. Sykes cleared his head, throwing on a set of jeans, a hat, and a coat before finally getting around to the door.

The Enforcer was well-cut, and pushed her way in as soon as the door opened.

“I’ve got bad news and no time. You might want to sit down for this.”

Sykes frowned. He didn’t have any chairs in the living room. The regular Enforcers weren’t the brightest bunch.

“If you’re that short on time, perhaps you’d better just spit it out.”

The Enforcer started to scowl, but caught herself briefly.

“It’s about your partner. Catheryn, right?”

“Crystal, actually.”

The Enforcer grunted.

“Apologies – those of us doing the real work don’t have a lot of time to get to know the lot of you in forensics.”

Sykes rubbed his temple, ignoring the insult.

“What about Crystal?”

“She’s dead. Boss thought someone should tell you in person. A couple weeks ago, she tried to help out an investigation into some property damage in Pallet Town while on leave, but her heroics got her killed.”

Sykes glared at the woman, causing his Ditto to join him from the opposite room as he hardened his tone.

“A few…weeks?”

The Enforcer cringed. “They were insistent about an eyewitness telling you in person. HQ seemed to think you'd have questions.”

Sykes straightened himself, gesturing for his ditto to take a position between them.

“Tell me everything. Now.”

---------

Sketch was admirable in his depiction, considering the ditto had only the woman's description to go off of. A young boy by the name of “Beige.”

“You say he had a Pikachu. Was anyone else with him? Were there any other pokemon?”

“No, not that I could tell.”

“And you have any idea where they were headed from Pallet?”

“None, but there are reports of possible activities in Cerulean and Vermilion lately.”

Sykes sighed.

“Alright. Tell Saffron HQ I’ll be taking my leave now. All of it.”

He turned from the Enforcer, beginning to pack a backpack.

“But, you’ve never taken any before…that could be months! And without Crystal, we won’t have any forensics!”

Sykes snapped.

“I’m sure those used to ‘real work’ can handle it. For now: get out.”

As soon as the woman left, Sykes took a deep breath.

“Sketch…show her to me.”

The ditto hesitated.

“I’ll be fine.”

A moment passed. Then he was staring into the eyes of his dead partner, truest paragon of the law he’d ever known. Crystal had been the one to console him during their earlier investigations, when it became apparent that some of the Enforcers were as homicidal as the perps they sought to pursue.

It isn’t our place to judge the merits of the law. Merely to enforce it.

It was a noble stance, idealistic...an aspiration he could never hope to attain. His conscience demanded a justice higher than the law. Only in the rare instances where law and conscience aligned could he act with certainty of purpose.

Thy shall not kill.

He finished packing the bag with a set of secure handcuffs, leaving his uniform behind.

Anyone who killed Crystal could easily defeat Sykes in battle. Sketch was capable, but wasn’t trained for combat. He would need to catch more Pokemon, learn more about battling, perhaps even try the gym challenge…above all, he would need to get close. To somehow earn the boy’s trust.

Only then, when Beige’s guard was down, would he have a chance to bring the kid to justice.

A group of Team Rocket grunts sneaked onto the S.S.Anne. The guard wasn't around, so they managed to get in.

Somewhere in the Kanto region, was the base of this former great team. A man stood next to gigantic screen. "Pull them out." He said.

Immediately, the rocket grunts left the ship. "They're going to frame us." He said.

Outside of the pokemon League, there was an explosion. The explosion caused the bars to break of some of the cells of the prisoners and from it, one of Team Rocket's admins had was shown. He had been locked up for a number of years now. A team rocket grunt had died in order to save him, so the admin took the grunt's body and, in respect, burried him. He did not deserve this kind of death. The admin showed up at the headquarters.

"You finally arrived." The man in the black coat and suit said to the admin. "Proton."

"Yes boss."

"There's a job I need you to do. The Enforcers are going to frame us as soon on the S.S.Anne before it sets off. They're going to kill every last member of that ship. Stop them."

"Alright." Proton said, walking off.

“Rude,” Jax mumbled to himself as he pumped his legs and followed suit after the men. Then it hit him. If anyone saw him, they could report him to Red. Then he would lose his chance to overthrow the bastard. Good thing he had brought something to help. From his jacket pocket, he pulled out a black ski mask. It may have seemed a bit cliche but after hearing from Beige, Jax had made sure to buy it before he left Cerulean. Keep him in the clear from any Enforcers especially if he got caught in a conflict with them.

“You Bastards!” Jax angrilly shouted. However there was a bright side to this whole encounter. Now he could release some of the rage he had been hiding towards people who deserved it. “I’ll kick all of your asses!”

There were many floors of the S.S.Anne. The two Enforcers who had stolen Leaf's egg ran up the many flights of stairs to one of the upper decks. "This way!" One cried. They ran down a hallway and opened up the Captain's office with a key. There-they passed the egg onto the captain. The Captain was actually an Enforcer in a desguise.

"Excellent...or should I say...Eggcellent!" The Captain roared as the two other men laughed themselves to death. "You did what I told you to! Many plans, we have. I was told to set sail as soon as a few more passengers arrive."

"Good work pals." Another voice said, entering the Captain's office. The Captain took his hat off and saw that a strong and muscular man with shades and lightning struck hair. It was immediately recognisable that this was Lt.Surge.

"There's another factor in the plan." The captain admitted. "A boy has gone in instead of the girl who we snatched off of."

"Dammit!" Lt.Surge yelled, slamming the door and then the Captain's table. "I told you to lure that girl onto the S.S.Anne so that Beige could be lured on!"

"You don't know what Beige looks like do you?" The Captain responded.

"Fuck off!" Lt.Surge shouted, at the top of his voice. His Raichu teleported into the room, with a flash of light. The usual spot he called home, the Lighthouse had just been destroyed. The Raichu pointed to the rubble caused by the destruction of the Lighthouse the group could see from the window of the ship.

"I think he's refering to-"

"Shut up!" Lt.Surge roared, slamming the table again. "Raichu lived in that lighthouse." Lt.Surge said, calmer than normal. Then his voice got stronger and stronger and louder and louder. "Then, that traitor...the one my sources called Beige blew it up! How is a boy able to defeat the guards and how is he able to destroy the structure?!"

"What was the plan again?" The Captain asked.

"The plan was to lure that girl and the boy's friends onto the ship so that the boy would go onto the ship. The next part's gonna need a lot of explosives."

“Shit,” Jax breathed once he went on the ship to discover multiple floors. His stomach was twisted up in knots. As long as he stayed on the ship, they couldn’t run off. So it was time to check. Walking through the hallways, Jax found it was oddly quiet. It seemed like most passengers were in their rooms and the thiefs could be hiding in any room. He gave a sigh, and began to search.

A number of waiters and waitresses emerged from their private quarters next to the cabins. They looked at Jax and wondered where he was going. A woman with black hair tied her hair into a bun. She wore a dark pink and purple vest like top and her skin was exposed and she was tall and thin, with white and purple leggings. She was talking to some of these servants when a few of them dashed over to report Jax's boarding. "That's not in his script." The woman said to the waiter, once he had reported it to the young woman. "Wait for the real guests to arrive. Then report them to Lt.Surge and the captain. I'll be in Saffron, waiting." She gave them a wave and teleported, as if by magic.

A group of Enforcers on a higher level spotted Jax. Even though he was going onto restricted levels, they did not bother trying to run after him.

------------------------------

"They stole your egg?" Beige asked Leaf. Leaf had approached Beige and Hibiki minutes earlier and told them of the news. "I told you they were bad, really!"

Leaf finally noticed the rubble pieces from the lighthouse battle, but she did not say anything. This was completely in character of Beige but both of them noticed that the egg snatching incident was not for the Enforcers. Yes, they did bad things, but it was not that they would steal a random person's possession, without a reason for them to be a traitor. The reason they took the egg from Leaf hadn't been fully legitimate. The issue about carrying around eggs from other sources hadn't been enforced before. Beige hadn't seen a report of it on TV in a couple of years and the law in question was suppossed to have been abolished by now. Leaf hadn't said anything to them, but the Enforcers seemed to be more than just a tool to get rid of traitors, in her persepctive.

"There's a guy who said he would help me but...I doubt he can do it since he was just a stranger to me. Beige, I know you can mess up the Enforcers really badly. Maybe you could-"

"You didn't need to ask me. The S.S.Anne is filled with Enforcers who transfered to serve Lt.Surge. Most people don't know that it's a floating naval base, as well as just a holiday ship!" Beige and Leaf started walking towards the ship. "Hey Pipsqueak!" Beige shouted over to Hibiki. "Do you wanna come as well?"

Hibiki ignored the insult, his mind still in shock about what had just happened. Beige had raided a public lighthouse, once again defied the police, destroyed government property, and killed more men. Granted, that last part hadn't been intentional for once, but Beige's aggressive actions had still led to their deaths. The kid was a sociopath. If it hadn't been for Gold's explicit request that Hibiki stay with Beige, he might have tackled him off the docks and into the ocean, and attempted to drown him right there. Hell, it might make him a murderer, but at least he would feel more remorse afterward than Beige ever showed.

"Tell me something," Hibiki said, more calmly than he thought possible. "Why are you still beckoning me along with you? If you needed a witness to this horror show, you've already got Leaf." He began following, holding his staff with both hands so that he wouldn't be tempted to reach for his pokeball belt. "As you saw in the lighthouse, I do not have your back. I was honestly annoyed that I couldn't root for that fatass with the Kingler. If we run into anyone who's actually competent at battling, I'll probably help them take you down, and damn the 'journeying together' effort." He tapped his staff against his collar bone, as Beige continued forward, not looking at him. "I think you're evil, not stupid. You know we're enemies, yet you haven't even tried to recruit me to your point of view. Yet you know better than to attack me, lest Gold hunt you to the ends of the earth."

Hibiki stopped, just as they reached the boarding dock for the S.S. Anne. "So, I ask again: what is the purpose of me being here? Give me one good reason why I shouldn't head to the Gym right now, and leave you to eventually get wasted by Red's Honor Guards."

"So I can show you." Beige said calmly to Hibiki. "So I can show you the truth right in front of your very eyes. Then you will see that it is a fact what the Enforcers are doing. Because really, you can't be blamed for believing in lies. I see it now." Beige and Leaf marched towards a guard that stood on the platform in front of them.

"Tickets please!" The man barked.

"Don't worry, i've bought my own ticket since we last met. It was so expensive though." Leaf reassured Beige. Leaf flashed her ticket and the guard let her in.

"Here's mine." Beige showed the guard and he was immediately let through too.

Ducking his head to get through the enterence, Beige saw a staircase leading to at least 10 different floors to his left. In front of him was a long hallway with metal cabin doors on the walls on both sides.

A waiter approached Beige and Leaf. He inspected the cabin numbers. "You shall be in cabin number 666. That's on floor 6, by the way." The man said to Beige. "And your cabin number is 669, three rooms down." Beige and Leaf were about to climb the large staircase when they looked back down to ensure Hibiki was coming.

--------------------------------------------------
"Excellent." Lt.Surge said to the captain of the ship. "I've been informed that he has boarded with those other idiots."

"I will go to the top floor to prepare for the takeoff. That way, it'll make it seem like I wasn't involved in the attack." The captain responded.

"Good. Looks like you came up with the goods after all! If this plan goes fully ahead, i'll tell Lord Red to promote your daughter to an elite four member. She's too good of a trainer to just be one of the final gym leaders most trainers on the journey have to face. Though knowing Red, I'll get the offer any time soon!" Lt.Surge chuckled with the Captain as the captain left his office.

Proton was on the 4th floor-the same floor as the Captain's office. He had created a fake ID by kidnapping one of the civilians that was suppossed to be on the ship-Lazlo was the name on the list of civilains. He had eavesdropped on the conversation that Lt.Surge and the captain had. He hadn't got any details about where the explosives might be. He entered a large metal lift just as the Captain entered the lift. The captain took his hat off in respect.

"Goodday." The captain said, with a smile. The lift continued to move upwards, then Proton found his time to strike.

"Could you tell me, prehaps, where the er...the er...explosives are?" Proton asked, in the desguise of a man with a business suit.

Immediately, the captain knew something was wrong. He was about to call the Enforcers as the explosives project was not known to the civilians on the ship. Suddenly, the captain felt the air get tighter and tighter around him. Proton placed on his face a small gas mask, which covered his mouth and nose. A poisonous gas surrounded the lift and the captain choked-his neck struggling.

"Bottom floor...floor 0...where noone has access to..." The man coughed. "The room opposite my private quarters...the engine room...you're going to need a key...from the top floor control room..."The last thing the captain saw was a large floating purple blob thing.

"Good work, Koffing." Proton said, returning the Koffing to his poke ball. The lift took him to the top floor. Proton was then stuck with what to do. He stood outside the upper control room. Proton looked at an electronic wrist watch device he had. He plugged in some headphones into the device to prevent people from hearing. Next, Proton snuck into the men's toilets.

"Hello? Yes, i've done it. I need to get the key from the control room on the top floor, then I need to go all the way down to the very bottom floor. How am I going to do that?" He whispered to a voice that was telling him what to do. "Pose as the captain? Okay."

Hibiki closed his eyes tightly for a moment, then relaxed his body tension, as if resigning himself to something. "Here," he said, showing the ticket to the conductor. "I know the ticket comes with an assigned cabin, but save it. I don't plan on being on this ship by the time it sets sail. Among other reasons, I get seasick easily."

The guard shrugged. "If you change your mind, you had cabin 667."

Hibiki nodded, then returned to Beige and Leaf. "Cabin 666," he remarked. "I'd make an Antichrist joke here, but I'm not in the mood." He cast a look between the boy and the girl. "I still don't know why you consider me anything other than a lost cause. You may think you're somehow doing a good thing, but all I've seen so far is wanton destruction of government property without explanation. I mean- you keep saying that there's some mysterious 'dark truth' I'm not seeing, and that I'm trapped in some diabolical web of lies." He bobbed his head at Beige. "But that's all coming from you, a paranoid-schizophrenic. Why should I believe you over my leader, my countrymen, and my brother? If you weren't a danger, I'd just ignore you."

His gaze turned to Leaf. "Still, here we are, just where you wanted us to be. This is the limit of my end of the deal. If you want it to go any further, prove your conspiracy theory to me, right here. No more promises. SHOW me something that I can't explain away; something so absolute that it will rock my world to the foundations. Starting now, you have my attention for ten minutes, and then I'm gone."

After staring at the boy intensely Beige sighed. "Ten minutes...to find something...I'll take you to the captain's office. Maybe he'll know something about those two Enforcers who stole your egg." Beige slid his hands onto the rails next to the stairs and started to walk up it.

"Good idea." Leaf said. Leaf looked back at Hibiki. She wanted to make sure he was okay. "What's you name again?"

Hibiki glanced at Leaf, in mild surprise. "You gave me a bike, and pushed for me to travel with your buddy here, but you didn't know my name? . . . Oh, I see. You've taken interest because I'm related to Gold." He turned and followed Beige up the stairs. "For the record, I've got some influence on him, but not much. Gold does what he wants. Even Red doesn't have dominion over him.

" . . . But if you're still curious, my name's Hibiki. Now, then, let's go see why a ship captain felt inclined to send some goons to steal an egg from a random girl." He laughed slightly. "There's a sentence I never thought would come out of my mouth."

*(I need to leave for the day. See you tomorrow.)

(OOC: see you and I will control your character for the time being ok?)

Hibiki. What a strange name. Leaf thought, dashing up the stairs after the ever so rushful Beige.

The group arrived at the enterence to the captain's office, on the 4th floor of the ship.

"Why is his office on the 4th floor?" Beige asked, but noone answered. Leaf knocked on the door. Beige was too nervous to do so.

"Come in!" A voice exclaimed. It sounded old, dry and most importantly, experienced.

The man was in a white suit and was of average height but he was muscular. He wore a white captain's hat and had wrinkles all over his face. He had a moustache that stood out but reminded Beige of two pieces of bacon.

"What do you require?" The Captain asked, putting his feet up on the desk. His behaviour was unusual, twitching alot. His voice was actually very high pitched.

"This girl here." Beige said, pointing to Leaf. "She was carrying around an egg when it got stolen by two Enforcers."

"Incase you were wondering what this has to do with you, the Enforcers ran into the ship." Leaf explained.

"Ah yes! The classic issue of Enforcers not doing their job right. You see, on this ship, we carry a list of all the Enforcers that operate here. What time was it that you saw them enter?"

"About 11:00 AM." Leaf stated.

The captain looked at the list of Enforcer grunt names and looked at part of a table which listed when they last signed in. "I found them! In fact, they were here a second ago to deliever me an egg that I ordered! I was going to hatch it to entertain some of the other guests. They must have stolen yours instead."

"Wait...isn't it against the law to obtain an egg from a certain place? Where'd you get yours?" Beige asked Leaf.

"The route 5 day care."

"That's an illegal source." Beige replied. "Captain. You've got the laws wrong!"

There was silence before Leaf spoke. At first she was offended by what Beige said, then it clicked what he was on to. "I thought he was an Enforcer too? Aren't you a-"

The captain ripped off his clothes to reveal a Team Rocket uniform. "I'm so bad at this acting mallarky. I wish Petrel had broken out of prison with me..." The man said to himself. Then Leaf almost had a heart attack. Beige tried to confort her.

"You're a Team Rocket member?" Beige asked. "How did you sneak onto the ship?"

"Fake IDs." The man said. "My name is Proton. I was a Neo Team Rocket Executive back in Johto after Giovanni was brutally defeated by Red. But we were defeated by another trainer who was loyal to Red."

"Yeah. I heard about it." Beige responded.

"We've had an eye on you Beige." Proton continued.

"What? How do you know my name?"

"We've heard of your efforts to get rid of the Enforcers. We feel the same. We've been trying to support rebel factions who against Red, trying to unite them under one banner. A group of Rocket grunts busted me out of prison just so I could help with them to attack the Lt.Surge and his Enforcers on this ship."

"So you are going to attack the civilains on this ship!" Leaf shouted.

"Keep it down." Said Beige, trying to control Leaf.

"No, not the civilians. We pulled out multiple rocket units as soon as a spy within the Enforcers told us that they were going to pose as us and that multiple grunts may have been under threat. Proton pulled the blinds up to show the window. He pointed over to a room below.

"What you must know is that the Enforcers planted explosives right there." He said, pointing to a window below the enterence floor. "They were going to attack the ship in fake Rocket uniforms. Luckily, I found where they were and took them out. I also took out the original captain so I could get the first of two keys that open the door to that ship. I could not find the other key to the door."

Leaf looked horrified.

"I need to sneak in and get the key to access the lower engine room. But I need to find a way how to."

"Just walk in." Beige said to Proton.

"If only if it were that easy. Lt.Surge is in there. He can identify if someone is posing as someone just by looking at them." Suddenly, the glass broke as a bolt of electricity hit Proton. Beige rushed to see if Proton was okay. Beige looked up to see the lightning bolts were coming from a Raichu on a balcony just above the window.

"Finish my work...and...and...join us...go to Celadon like the card says..." Proton said on the floor, before his eyes closed.

There was a loud sound of laughter as a lightning bolt signalled the enterence of Lt.Surge and his Raichu. He grabbed Beige, before teleporting away with him and Raichu. The muscular man and the boy appeared next to a luxury swimming pool on a balcony like area overlooking the edge of the ship.

"Ha ha! I've got you! You're the boy Stephan and the other Enforcers were looking so hard for, but couldn't because they're all weak bastards!" He folded his arms. "I'm the Lieutennant you can call Surge!" He yelled so hard Beige covered his ears. "I'll finish you myself, then take you overboard!"

"What an introduction." Beige said, sending out Von Karp, but in doing so, realised he was at a type disadvantage.

Never in his life had Hibiki experienced such a series of negative emotions in such rapid succession. First, there was the raw shock of seeing a seemingly old man rip off his disguise to reveal a younger one underneath- Team Rocket member, no less. Weren't they supposed to have disbanded? Second, there was rekindled anger, for this Rocket had attacked the old captain and usurped control of his ship. And the imposter spoke well of Beige . . . of course he did. The criminals were two peas in a pod. Third came the fear, when he mentioned that the S.S. Anne was rigged to blow. While not one to take lawbreakers at their word, Hibiki didn't detect that Proton was lying about the explosives. Forth and finally, he was again astonished when Lieutenant Surge appeared suddenly out of nowhere and grabbed Beige before teleporting away. Even this emotion didn't last long though, for Hibiki quickly saw to his disappointment that Beige had somehow wriggled free during transport. Surge ought to have had enough close-range combat training to prevent him from reaching his pokeball belt, but at least he'd caught the kid. With the two now distracted, Hibiki remembered Proton's mention of explosives, and it fell to him to do something about it. He reached for the captain's comm on the desk.

"Alright, you got your egg back," he said to Leaf, looking for the loudspeaker's 'on' switch. "If I were you, I'd get off this ship asap. But since you're you, you'll probably try to rescue Beige, right? Unfortunately, I can't interfere because of more pressing concerns. Ah!"

He pressed the comm button, and a metallic screech issued through the ship as the intercom system activated. "Attention, anyone who is aboard the S.S. Anne!" Hibiki cried, in a voice that amplified and reverberated. "There's been a bomb threat issued. For all we know, it is imminent, so evacuate as quickly as you can and alert the K-9 sniffer units! I know I'm only a passenger, but as the real captain's been incapacitated, do as I say if you want to live!"

He put down the microphone he had been talking into, then turned and ran for the stairs. "It's all I can think to do," he panted. "Everyone's lives are in their own hands now. I'll alert anyone still on the docks to get clear of the detonation radius!"

There came a loud screaming sound from the civilians. Half of them seemed to believe Hibiki. Half of them thought a little boy had just infiltrated the captain's quarters and did not react initially. Minutes later, Leaf opened the door to see dead waiters and waitresses on the floor and she looked horrifed, she too about to scream. She bent down and pushed back the uniform and suit of one of the staff to show an Enforcers uniform. Then, Leaf looked up and saw several men in black uniforms with large R symbols on their shirts. They had sent out multiple pokemon to attack the Enforcer guards on the ship. Leaf looked down a balcony to see a group of Enforcers get brutally beaten in a pokemon battle. Leaf looked back at Hibiki, before rushing towards the area Beige was in. "Follow me!" She shouted.

Beige's Gyarados slammed into Lt.Surge's Raichu. The Raichu took the attack, before teleporting to the other side of the swimming pool.

"Use Bite!" Beige ordered. Von Karp slithered towards the Raichu to attack but the Raichu dodged the attack. This scene kept playing out again and again as Raichu dodged the attacks.

"Thunderbolt!" Lt.Surge ordered. Raichu electrified the floor as Von Karp fell to the ground and fainted. Lt.Surge smiled, before marching towards the boy. "I've got you now!" He laughed. He snapped his fingers and Beige felt a electricity run through his veins as he felt a thunderbolt attack. Beige fell to the floor. He looked broken. Hitting his head to the floor, Beige blacked out., the last things he saw were Lt.Surge stomping over towards him and putting his hand on the back of his shirt and then the blue tiles of the floor under him. He didn't see what came next.

Beige awoke. He was in the exact position he was in before. He looked up to see Leaf standing beside him. He saw her flee the battlefield as a tall man with brown hair took her position to help her. He wore a black coat and took a poke ball out of a briefcase. Out of the poke ball came a Rhyperior.

"Earthquake." The strange man said in a calm, business like fashion. The Rhyperior drilled it's hands into the ground and the platform shook. Raichu was unable to avoid the attack and went flying. As it flew into the air and then overboard into the crystal blue water, Lt.Surge knew that was the last he would see of the Raichu, as the current from the sea dragged it away.

Beige hit his head on the floor, collapsing again and then everything went black once more.

"Beige...Beige!!" Beige awoke in a sitting position on the floor. Leaf was in front of him.

"Leaf...uh...where am I?" Beige asked.

"The S.S.Anne. You blacked out when facing Lt.Surge. He was really strong. He took apart half my team! I managed to beat some of his pokemon you know. And Team Rocket showed up just in time to help me. There was this guy...who didn't give me his name. He claimed to have a high rank in the team but he sure showed Lt.Surge! He beat him! Lt.Surge jumped off the ship back to Vermillion!" Leaf explained. "I had a doctor check on you. You blacked out for some time."

"Thanks." Beige responded. "What about the explosives?"

"Team Rocket dismantled them. Apparently, they were in the office of the Captain the whole time!"

"And what about the Enforcers?"

"They're all gone! The Team Rocket members took them out before taking over the ship. They had to desguise themselves as the ordinary crew if more Enforcers come along though. If you ask me, they took out the Enforcers a bit too brutally."

"I see."

"Come on, let's get you to the doctor's place, then we can explore this ship a bit more."

“Crap,” Jax mumbled as a young man tackled Jax, knocking him back. The boy’s masked head, slammed against a wall and he slumped down. The man raised a fist and aimed a punch towards Jax’s head. The boy ducked to the right, and the man’s fist echoed against the wall, startling the passengers who were inside the neighboring room. Jax began to crawl away, until the man delivered a kick to Jax’s stomach, causing him to flip on his back.

“You damn Terrorist!” The man wailed, with his voice full of anger. As the man aimed another punch, Jax raised his hands to protect his face. The man slammed his fist down with it being caught by Jax’s hands. Jax pushed the man back, knocking him back about two feet.

Jax scrambled to his feet, and whipped out a Pokeball. “Fine then jerk!” Jax spat. “Go Pika!” The small yellow Pokemon burst out onto the field, and charged electricity in her cheeks.

“Fine then. I’ll knock you out and challenge you to a battle. Go Dustin!” A Sandslash appeared in front of the man.

The battle wasn’t going well for Jax. As Sandslash was a Ground Type, Pika’s electric type moves would fall short of doing any damage. So Jax had to stick to moves like Quick Attack.

“I wish I had some help. It seems like that girl ran off. Hopefully she got her egg and found her friend.” He mumbled under his breath.

“Go! Fury Swipes!” Sandslash ran forward waving his claws furiously.

*Prior to Beige's electrocution*

"Follow me!" Leaf screamed to Hibiki, as she ducked and weaved through a battle floor of Rockets and Enforcers. Despite his amazement at this newest turn of events, Hibiki had the presence of mind to address Leaf properly. "Follow you? After you gave me a ticket to a bomb-laden ship? No- I'm done following you guys. You had your ten minutes!"

He was distracted by the sight of one man punching another in the face, almost directly in front of him. The aggressor wore a mask indicative of Team Rocket, and the younger man who'd been hit released a Pikachu in defense. Naturally, a pokemon battle ensued, adding to the chaos of leaves, flames, claws, and spurts of water. Hibiki set his jaw in frustration.

"For @#%&'s sake . . . the ship could blow any second. We don't have time for this!"

He was only one person. He could only save one person. In a flash, he sent out his starter pokemon, who now stood taller, redder, and with sharper claws: Charmeleon. Hibiki swung his walking stick at the Rocket's unguarded head, shouting as it connected with a crack.

"Dragon Rage!"

Emerald flames licked from Charmeleon's mouth, enveloping the Rocket's Sandslash in green fire. It wasn't enough to drop the pokemon like its master, but Sandslash did fall on all fours, shuddering in pain. Hibiki bent down and hauled the Grunt around his shoulders in a fireman's carry, then glanced at the young man with the Pikachu. "He's an asshole, but he's gonna live to answer for this. Come on, let's get off this tub!"

Hoping the Pikachu's trainer would have the sense to follow him off, Hibiki fled to the dock and onward, not stopping until there was solid earth under his feet again. He couldn't have run much further anyway, and he stumbled to the ground, heaving great gulps of air as he lowered the Rocket Grunt off of him. With his energy sapped, he turned over onto his back and looked anxiously upon the S.S. Anne in the harbor.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chris got on the S.S. Anne and immediately just heard that there was something about a bomb. "Are you kidding me? Less than an hour in this damn city and criminal activity is already here? I mean it's not like it hasn't happened for quite a while, but still. Lt. Surge is supposed to be one of those people that are with Red, right? Yet he can't even stop a terrorist attack on this ship? Arceus dammit," he muttered. He let out most of his Pokémon and started heading for where the Captain is supposed to be. "And what the hell is a kid doing using a microphone in an area that people aren't supposed to go in? How the hell does a kid even know about crap like that?" he asked to nobody while thinking about the announcement.

He eventually made it to the quarters and was surprised to see Lt. Surge, a bunch of kids, and a Rocket Grunt all fighting at the same time. "My Arceus, this journey is insane," he thought. He saw one of the people inside leave to the harbor and followed him back to the dock. "At least I left that crazy place." He looked at the person who followed who he thought seemed a bit familiar. From where Chris couldn’t think of. “Do I know you? And what the hell just happened in there?” he asked.

(Vermillion City Gym, After the incident aboard the S.S.Anne)

Lt.Surge coughed in a chair at the end of the building. There were a bunch of wrecked trash cans around the main hall and then two electrical traps. Lt.Surge turned off the traps, using a button that was placed on his side. A man in a brown suit with wrinkles and a moustache dashed over to Lt.Surge. He was clearly one of the gym trainers.

"What are you doing, sir?" The gym trainer asked.

"I wish to be left alone. I'm closing it up early, for a very special guest." He said in a heavy American accent. "Go away!" He yelled. "Tell all the trainers in the gym they can fuck off!"

The old man left in silence, before whispering the commands to the other gym trainers. They all left in a hurry, worried that the might of the angry millitary man would bring violence. Lt.Surge was now left on his own. He went to the door of the gym and switched the lights off so that the gym was in complete darkness. He did not leave the gym. Instead, he went back to his wooden chair next to the battlefield, where trainers were suppossed to challenge him.

Lt.Surge saw a shadow of a trainer with a cap on, as the doors suddenly opened gradually. Lt.Surge didn't immediately recognise him and thought he was a gym trainer. "I told you all to go away!" Then he saw the trainer step forwards and it was a man in a black shirt and a red jacket, with a red and white hat. Lt.Surge flinched. He knew who it was.

"Hello Surge." The man said, softly and calmly, in contrast with the now frightened Lt.Surge.

"Red...is...that..."

"Indeed." The legendary trainer confirmed. "There's no need to be afraid."

"There's a boy who had a band of Team Rocket goons with him and their leader, he...obiterated my Raichu!"

"Beige is weak." Red said. "You were only able to be defeated on the S.S.Anne because Team Rocket showed up with that man."

"You're right!" Lt.Surge shouted.

"He's what you need to do. Invite Beige to come and battle in the gym. He will think that you are just challenging him to a gym challenge but in fact, you will be there to kill him." Red walked out of the door.

"What a genius plan!"

Hibiki looked up, narrowing his eyes in confusion. This guy standing over him wasn't the one he'd called out of the S.S. Anne. However, at the sound of his voice, his mind drifted back to the first battle scene he'd witnessed on the day he became a trainer. A girl in red with her Bulbasaur . . . and a boy who was master of the other Charmander. The neurons in his brain sparked.

"It's you!" he shouted in sudden amazement, louder than he meant to, pointing at Chris. "The original Charmander trainer. Holy crap, dude, I thought for sure you had fallen by the wayside!"

Hibiki struggled to his feet, feeling strangely happy to see another Red Candidate, even if it was a guy he'd barely met a week ago. Nodding towards the ship, he took note of the various people still hurrying out of the blast zone's radius. "Whatever business you had on there, it'll have to wait. The Enforcers and the Rockets are fighting over a bomb on the S.S. Anne, and I am NOT curious enough about it to go back and see why."

He returned his gaze to Chris, smiled for the first time in a long time, and held out his hand to shake. "I think we're safe here, so let's let the authorities deal with that mess. My name's Hibiki, though I don't think I ever got yours. I've got three pokemon and one badge."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chris raised one of his eyebrows at Hikibi, but then proceeded to cautiously shake his hand, as if he might be an enemy of some sort. "Name's Chris, and yeah I got the first Charmander. But I don't think you should call him that, considering he has a new name and is now a Charmeleon. Anyways I got three badges and besides Inferno, my Charmeleon, I have two other Pokémon. So three in all, same as you. I'll give you a hint for the species of my other Pokémon, they are basically replacements for the other starters I couldn't get. I assume you are the other person with the Charmander, Hikibi? Well, if you don't mind, I'd like to ask what you're doing in Vermillion City with just a single badge. I haven't even challenged this city's gym leader yet so I could train but I have more badges than you. That's actually the same business I had in the S.S. Anne. I had heard there were multiple people there, so I wanted to challenge them. Though it seems it would be best for both of us to stay on shore, that I can agree with you on. Another question I have for you is, what does the term,"Fallen by the wayside," mean?" Chris asked. He had a lot to catch up on if he wanted to become friends with any of the fellow trainers. This 'Hikibi' fellow seemed normal enough for Chris to trust him, but he had spent a lot of time avoiding Enforcers and criminals and didn't want it to be wasted because of one kid. He didn't agree with anyone, even if he had heard rumors that Red was evil. He refused to believe it, not because he worshipped Red, but because he wants to stay in a gray area. "Any trouble with too many people on this journey could lead to my death. I realized that one my beginning days when I was silently observing the others," he thought.

"Well, as to your second question . . ." Hibiki raised a finger. "'Falling by the wayside' means you lost your way in the quest, or had to drop out for some reason. I've got a theory that many of Red's Enforcers are guys who failed to complete the Journey, which is why many of them have such crappy pokemon." He sighed, drooping his shoulders. "And I'm beginning to understand the difficulty. You want to know why I'm here in Vermilion with just one badge? It's because I've gotten my ass kicked twice in the last two gyms." He gave Chris a searching look. "So, you got yourself a Water-type and a Grass-type, did you? They must've been something else, to beat Petra's Aerodactyl and Brooklyn's Starmie."

He was suddenly, painfully conscious of the very real probability that he was the weakest trainer of all the Red Candidates. Chris was right to ask: what WAS he still doing in Vermilion with just one badge? Helping Beige? Screw that. It was high time he got back in the game, and he knew just the path that would get him on track.

"Listen, Chris," he said. "There's a tunnel not too far east of here, carved entirely by Diglett and a few strong Dugtrio. I need a shortcut back to Pewter City, and I'll bet you wouldn't mind having a Ground-type on your team before facing Lt. Surge. It's a dangerous cave due to the sheer number of pokemon, but we'd be safer if we teamed together temporarily. I'm going either way, so . . . do you want to come with me to the other end?"

(After the Incident)

Beige and Leaf went to see a doctor onboard the ship. Beige hadn't any major injuries, but a few bruises and cuts here and there. Once he was patched up, Beige and Leaf wandered round the ship. The decks had been cleared up of the mess that was there before. It was as if the incident with Lt.Surge and the Enforcers and all those Team Rocket members had never happened. A new captain had been appointed, as shown on the TV screens dotted around in the lounges. An announcement was made that the ship was to take off in a few hours time. Another announcement was made talking about a dance that was going on the 7th floor. Leaf immediately rushed up towards it and Beige followed. Leaf entered the hall where there were mutliple couples dancing with each other to an orchestra and a piano that was being played, with a Wigglytuff singing here and there. The orchestra died down as Leaf entered the room.

"What are you doing?" Beige whispered.

"I'd thought we'd go here before we leave." Leaf answered. "Would you...care to dance with me?"

Beige was not very good socially. He had been like this all his life. He had never really had any friends or anyone that liked him and then this question came along and cut him. He didn't want to dance, but, something urged him to go for Leaf. The two seemed to like each other more and more. The rivalry that had been there before vanished. As Beige stood there in front of Leaf, Leaf seemed to instruct Beige on how to dance. Beige saw himself put his hands on Leaf's hips as the two began some kind of waltz or formal ballroom dance.

A man with brown spikey hair was sitting next to the piano. He had a purple jumper and a necklace dangling from his neck. A lone Enforcer saw Beige. All of the Enforcers had been defeated, but this one had not. The Enforcer reached into his pockets and threw out a Golduck. The Golduck charged at Beige, shooting water from it's mouth.

The man with the purple jumper threw out a poke ball containing a Pidgeot. The Pidgeot grabbed the Golduck with it's talons and threw it across the hallway. The music stopped and the couples ran from the room as more chaos errupted. Beige and Leaf ran to the side as the Pidgeot clawed the Enforcer. The man with brown spikey hair put his foot on the Enforcer's chest.

"You were going to attack that young man, weren't you?" The man with the purple jumper asked.

"Ye...yes!!!" The almost dead Enforcer coughed. "I'm sorry...I was asked by Lt.Surge. He's at the gym...he wants to invite Beige to a gym battle!"

"Beige?" The man in the purple jumper asked. Beige looked around, awkwardly. "You're that guy who's been trying to stop the Enforcers. I know because i've been following you around for some time now."

"You are?" Beige did not really trust the man. He thought he could be an Enforcer in desguise, set up to make it look like he was a friend of Beige.

"Yes. You and that girl..."

"The name's Leaf." The girl responded.

"As I was saying, you and Leaf...reminded me a lot of when I was last on here. It was many years ago and this one guy I knew and he was dancing in exactly the same way and position with this other girl. The girl's name was Green and she looked exactly like you, Leaf. And the boy...well he looked like you, Beige. His name...I probably shouldn't say this...but...it was Red dancing with the girl."

Beige and Leaf stared at the man. "Who are you?" Beige asked.

"Me and Red were rivals back in the day...sad times."

"I said, who are you?" Beige asked again.

"I..." The man tried to dodge the question. "I am Gary...no, that's a crap name for a rival of Red...let's think..."

"Stop trying to avoid the question!" Leaf shouted. "We just want to know who you are."

"I'm on the same side as you." Beige said to the man. "We can clearly see that. Plus, this ship is now controlled by Team Rocket goons. Noone will know."

"My name is Blue." The man finally answered.

"The Blue?" Leaf asked.

"Yes. The one that was champion for less than a minute before being beaten by that darn Red! The one that became a gym leader before being fired because I said a bunch of things that he thought were insults! Then, he had a group of Enforcers torture me because I showed some support to the Team Rocket members, who, by the way are actually good people, i've found out. That was it. I went and joined the resistance and I led a group of rebels into battle in Saffron City and Viridian City. We lost in both instances and I was arrested. But! I escaped the captivity! People thought I had died, maybe even, committed suicide. But no! I had simply just escaped! I hid for many years. Until now."

"What are you saying?" Leaf asked.

"I am still the greatest pokemon trainer in Kanto. I'll prove it, by helping you two defeat Red. Beige, i've been tracking you down for a long time now. I've been here the whole time to protect you. I am now a Team Rocket Executive, but soon, I shall be the leader. I see something in both of you, Beige at least."

"I don't know what you mean but...I'll take that is a compliment." Beige replied.

"Team Rocket has great plans for you. But for now, I must be going. The Enforcers will be trying to take the ship again and when that happens, you should leave. Anyways, smell ya later!" Blue walked off, in a hurry.

"That was Blue!!" Leaf smiled.

“Well fuck. It sounds like you’re both some of Red’s Canadites. I started before the others and they still caught up with me.” Jax groaned, quite upset to hear what he was about the two other trainers. He whipped out his Trainer ID and calmly said, “Jax #8310, Three Badges and Three Pokemon. I let the day before you received your Pokemon. I chose Pikachu, to follow in Red’s footsteps.” After saying this, he pulled off his black mask revealing his face.

He pressed his lips together, not saying a word as Hibiki mentioned heading to Diglett’s tunnel. The idea of training there, might no be a bad idea for Jax. He could evolve Rouge and what better way for him to adapt to his new stronger part Ground type form, than with battling much faster ground Types. However going in would be risky and he would need back up. So maybe tagging along with them to Diglett’s Tunnel couldn’t hurt him.

‘I’ll go with you. Training would be a smart move considering how Lt. Surge is an insanely strong sociopath. Diglett are known for their speed and maneuverability. Surge trains electric type Pokemon, so he would have some pretty fast Pokemon too.” Jax’s voice seemed to echo around him. Despite being as trainer for a little over a week, he hadn’t really considered training with others, much less the competition. But it could help him hang low a bit. See where they stood. Maybe find their weaknesses.

Beige and Leaf left the S.S.Anne together to go and train in Diglett's Cave. There, they saw nothing but Diglett. Beige was considering catching one, but he did not have the time. Together, Leaf and Beige took out hordes of Diglett. As they were leaving the cave, Beige noticed a man in a black coat and suit. It was the same man as before. Beige recalled all the times he had met him, in a flash of light-at the Pewter City Society Against Red and the man who had appeared on the cliffs at route 5. The man who had also been seen briefly by Beige as he blacked out. Leaf did not see the buisnessman, but it was Beige, who caught a glimpse of him yet again as the man fled the cave through the opposite direction, as soon as his eyes made contact with Beige. Beige jumped but before he knew it, he was outside the cave with Leaf, heading towards the gym.

"Lt.Surge wants you to face him. You do it." Leaf said, started speaking to Beige.

"I'm a bit nervous..." Beige said. "Last time I saw him I blacked out."

"You need to man up! Come on, I'll come with you." The two of them approached the gym. The lights were off, creating a sinister feeling to the room. There was a poster on the wall saying 'SHUT.' Leaf tried to push open the door and to her suprise, they opened automatically. The room they entered was large and completely dark. Then, a spotlight turned on at the end of the hall as Lt.Surge could be seen sitting on a wooden stool. In one hand, he held a oblong glass bottle. Inside of it was a red and yellow alcoholic drink.

"Beige, there you are!" Lt.Surge spoke. His voice got louder and louder, initially starting out as a whisper. "I have been waiting for you all day, ever since our last encounter on the ship! You've got try this alcoholic beverage!" He shouted, drinking away.

"Sorry but I don't drink alcohol...and I'm probably too young to drink anyway." Beige replied.

"Nonsense! A real man is not afraid of anything! My time in the army proved me well. I was in the Great War."

"What would that be?" Leaf asked. She was strangely calm compared to her reaction when Beige blacked out earlier. The man seemed more chatty.

"The Great War was fought against Johto many years before Red even came to power! Nowadays, the army exists only as a branch of the Enforcers." Lt.Surge got up out of the wooden chair and he slammed the alcoholic beverage to the ground. The glass flew everywhere. Beige jumped. "That's what I did to the idiots who dared to oppose me." He looked up at Beige.

"I suppose you've been informed a great deal about me?" Beige asked.

"Yes. Red gives briefings to all of his loyal leaders, including myself." Lt.Surge then walked a little. "This New Neo-Team Rocket is doomed to fail from the start though, I tell you. "Most of the members have only experienced the Second Great War. But you...you were born even after that! We slaughtered the remainder of the opposition in that war!"

"Thanks for the history lesson."

"It's damm right you got taught, you uneducated little boy! Show some respect to your elders!"

"That stuff about the wars...it's all fake. There never was a war against Johto. You know that right? Or are you doing one of those things...what's it call...roleplaying with yourself?!"

"Why you..." Lt.Surge grunted. His anger was building. "Why you!!!" A poke ball got tossed out as an Electrode appeared. It instantly exploded, in a self-destruct attack. Beige and Leaf moved out of the way as part of the gym was destroyed. The Electrode fainted.

"What are you doing?" Beige asked.

"You insulted me when you said those wars didn't exist. Do you know how many soldiers died?"

"Dying for a selfish cause in the name of Red!" Beige exclaimed.

"No!!! Don't you dare insult the great Red! He is the saviour of this land! He-"

"He hired a bunch of angry men in order to make the people think he's good when actually he's executing hundreds of people everyday just because they insulted him! These wars never existed! They were made up!"

Leaf stepped back. "Beige?!" She shouted in shock.

"I'm shocked too." Lt.Surge said, his voice getting louder again. "But you're going to pay! I'll electrify you to the ground!!!" And with that, the so called 'gym battle' started. A voltorb was sent out from Lt.Surge's poke ball and, in response, Beige chose Voltaire to lead.

Hibiki glanced over at Jax, lifting the downed Rocket grunt by his shoulders. "Hey, before we go . . . a little help with this guy? Grab his legs, and we'll drop him off at the police station."

Predictably enough, Diglett's Cave was dark and full of movement. But between Charmeleon's tail glow, and Hibiki's bottomless supply of Repel sprays, the pokemon left the trainers alone- within a certain radius. Only a radically-powerful Dugtrio would be able to get close enough to pose a threat, and so Hibiki walked and conversed with an air of relative ease.

"I don't know about you, but I never expected the journey to be this crazy," he said, as his walking stick thumped upon the dirt in steady rhythm. "I guess my first indicator was when I saw Beige for the first time, and he'd electrocuted four police to death. The authorities should have descended upon him right then, and given HIM the electric chair, but I guess they had their hands full with the Team Rocket bombings in Viridian City. Chris was there for that incident too, he could tell you. Going through Viridian Forest was no walk in the park either; the Beedrill swarms were relentless, and the bug catchers inside were complete thugs. People were a lot nicer to travelers in the Johto region where I'm from.

"And then there's the place I'm going for my gym rematch: Pewter City. I don't know if you were there at the time, but there was a big riot where a bunch of protestors against Red smashed up the museum. The Enforcers had to be called in, and it got so bad that they issued public executions." Hibiki shivered as a sudden chill ran down his back at the memory. "THAT was messed up. Their spokesman explained that it's a capital offense for trainers to attack people with pokemon, which I guess was what happened, but I still disagree that it warrants the death penalty . . . even after seeing what Beige did."

A Diglett popped up from the ground, almost directly beside where Hibiki had been stepping. It sniffed the air, gagged on the Repel's lingering scent, and ducked back under the earth. Hibiki shrugged and continued.

"Then when I got to Mt. Moon, they'd blocked off the cave because the Paras inside had somehow gained the ability to infect people into zombie mind slaves. Do you ever remember that being a thing in the documentaries on TV? Even in school, Red's curriculum always portrayed pokemon training as a happy-go-lucky adventure, with no bombs or hive minds, or crowds of people trying to kill each other." Hibiki exhaled, making a noise that was halfway between a groan and a sigh. "And most recently, I've gotten to see Beige again. I still can't beat him, and he's become stronger and even more capable of wreaking havoc. If Red doesn't hurry up and send one of his Honor Guards after that psycho, I'm worried Beige might end up spearheading an all-out revolt. As if I don't have enough to keep me awake at night."

Hibiki narrowed his eyes, looking ahead as he noticed a crack of natural light. "Hey, I think I see sunlight again. We must be close to Pewter City." He glanced back at Jax, smiling with slight embarrassment. "Sorry to talk your head off like that. I've been meaning to get it off my chest for a while, but the guy I used to travel with disappeared on me."

*(The next post will be in Pewter Gym, at least mostly)

Lt.Surge's Voltorb and Voltaire had battled for a while now, Voltaire mainly dodging the streams of sonicboom attacks that were fired from the Voltorb.

"Electro ball!" From Voltaire's tail, a massive ball of energy came for the Voltorb.

"Self-destruct!" Lt.Surge roared. The Voltorb was ordered to explode. The explosion collided with the orb of electricity coming for him. The collision of explosions caused both the Voltorb and Voltaire to faint.

Lt.Surge sent out a powerful looking Magnemite.

Returning Voltaire to his poke ball, Beige sent out Sting the Beedrill. "Poison sting!" But it was no use. The poison attacks would not do much damage to the Magnemite.

"Thunder wave!" Lt.Surge shouted. Magnemite sent a yellow wave out which paralysed Sting. Sting fell to the ground as it could not move. Now, on the floor, Lt.Surge shouted another order. "Mirror shot!" The Magnemite fired a grey ball of metal towards the Beedrill. It kept doing this, causing a good deal of damage towards the bee pokemon.

"Get up Sting!" Beige yelled at the pokemon. Sting did nothing and then Beige realised it had fainted.

"Haha! You stand no chance against me!" Lt.Surge roared.

Beige ignored Surge and returned Sting. He then sent out Von Karp.

"You're sending him out! I took him down with one shot last time!" Surge laughed.

"Bite, then twister!" Beige ordered. The Gyarados dug into the ground and came at the Magnemite, biting it hard. But the Magnemite was made of solid metal and survived the attack easily. Next, air collapsed into a twister which caused the Magnemite to fly into the air and slam into the ceiling.

"Thundershock!"

But before Magnemite could act, Von Karp swollowed the Magnemite and spat it out against the wall-a new tactic adopted by Beige. The Magnemite fell to the ground and fainted. Next, Lt.Surge sent out a pokemon Beige had not expected: a Magneton.

"Go into the ground, then use aqua tail!" The beast burried itself in the ground and attacked from behind. Just as Beige's plan was going to work, the Magneton turned around.

"Zap Cannon!" An enraged Surge echoed. The Magneton created a large blast which took out Von Karp in one hit. "Excellent!" He shouted.

Next, Ratbag the Raticate was sent out. "Crunch!" Ratbag tried to bite into the Magneton as hard as it could. Magneton dodged all of the attacks.

"Magnet Bomb!" Pieces of metal all flew together and created an explosion. Ratbag flew into a wall and was barely standing.
"Thunderbolt! Several times!" As Magneton fired electricity at the Raticate, Beige had to think of a plan.

"Move to the side, then around him!" The Raticate ran around the Magneton as the Magneton tried to hit it with a thunderbolt attack. Raticate got hit.

"Let's end this, Thunder!" A hole was torn in the ceiling as dark clouds causing a huge bolt of lightning to strike the ground. It was only in one place, so Beige had Ratbag avoid that spot. Next, a few quick attacks were ordered, to weaken the Magneton. Two more Crunchs, carefully placed from behind, caught the Magneton off-guard and it fainted.

"My last pokemon. Go Electabuzz!" As the yellow creature came out Lt.Surge looked up at Beige. "Thunderpunch!" Electabuzz dashed for Ratbag. Ratbag tried to escape, but the Electabuzz jumped in front of him. Ratbag was punched to death as terrifying electricity flowed through him. Ratbag fainted and Beige was forced to go into Skull.

"Bone club!" Skull ran for Electabuzz.

"Thunderpunch!"

The two attacks collided and an explosion was created. Skull managed to hit Electabuzz once. The electricity cracked the bones on Skull's head. Yet, Skull looked up, as if it had not been hit.

"Thunderbolt!" Electabuzz kept firing electricity at Skull but nothing happened. "But how..." Lt.Surge's mind was buzzing.

"I thought you were a gym leader." Beige replied. "My Cubone is a ground type. Your electric moves have no affect!"

"We'll get you another way, use low kick, then pound him!" Electabuzz knocked the Cubone down to the ground, then started punching him again. It was like some kind of playground bullying routine. But the Electabuzz had not noticed that Skull's bone was gone. Suddenly, from behind, Electabuzz was hit, multiple times. That was it. Electabuzz fainted.

"No!" Lt.Surge looked over at the fainted body of his beloved Electabuzz in shock and horror. He couldn't believe he had been defeated, being as he had been winning the majority of the battle. "Noooo!!!!" He shouted, before slamming the ground and throwing his chair across the room in a fit. He then burst into tears, before running away. Leaf felt bad for him.

"Is that what a man does?" Beige asked.

"N-You leave me!!" Lt.Surge shouted, in a tantrum.

"I know why you're so angry with yourself. You lost. You failed. You're not used to that..." Beige stated.

"It's not just that..."

"Red will do something to you for not teaching me a lesson?"

Lt.Surge looked up at Beige. Beige had hit the nail on the head, but Surge said nothing. "I'm not taking your side! Take your badge from the pile next to me and leave, both of you!"

Leaf and Beige fled quickly, taking the badge. Leaf was dissappointed that she could not battle Surge. Walking away from the gym, they saw Surge lock it up for the day. Soon, a sign was placed on the door which said 'CLOSED-FOREVER.'