• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (RP)

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
Beige's Pikachu, Voltaire, got hit by the multiple water attacks coming from the Squirtles. It also took damage from Mason's Pidgey. Voltaire got pushed backwards on the ground, digging it's hands into the soil to try and stop it from being projected. Beige still stood, silent. He saw how Mason and Hibiki had tried to stop him and then how they had tried to get away. Beige still stood there. After about 3 minutes of standing there, Beige marched off to Viridian, trying to follow them. "You have no idea!" He shouted.

In Viridian City, a truck was loading a group of criminals to take to the grand Kanto Prison, the only and biggest prison in Kanto, which was situated south of the Indigo Plateau. "Alright! Load them in!" A beefy Enforcer said to another one. Some of the criminals responded by walking into the back of the truck. Two of the criminals tried to sturggle, kicking and trying to break out of the hand cuffs applied to them. They could not break out and loaded into the truck. The truck started to take off. Suddenly, the truck caught fire on the front and then this spread out across the truck. One of the Enforcers jumped out of the truck, but was caught on fire. The back door of the truck burst open and multiple criminals struggled out, but most of them died. A further explosion ensured that all, except half of the remaining criminals and one Enforcer, were dead. The last Enforcer in the truck escaped too and turned round to try and round up the remaining criminals. He saw that their hand cuffs had been broken. The Enforcer looked back before getting knocked out by a man in a black uniform with a large 'R' on his shirt. The man who knocked the Enforcer out was a Team Rocket member. He had his pokemon beside him-a Magmar. He returned it, before running away with the criminals, the so-called 'criminals' completely confused as to what was going on.

Mason felt a sharp tug as he looked to see his team mate pulling him, "But... what if he gets away?" he gasped. In all honesty though he didn't have enough in him to turn back around at that point, he returned his pokemon quickly to the safety of their balls before sighing as he watched Hibiki. As soon as he heard that the boy beside him had a plan Mason nodded firmly and sped up his pace to Viridian city, by the time they arrived at the tall buildings and scattered people around the city, Mason was panting with his hands resting on his knees. He let out a single huff before a distant explosion caught his gaze, a break was not on his schedule today was it. However he stuck with Hibik's plan and pushed through to find the gym.

Karma trembled in rage as Beige marched pass her again. She took a few calming breathes before glaring at the boy's back, she rolled her eyes and huffed "Boys, honestly." She muttered before she sigh.

She looked at the Pudgey apologetically "Well, it seems like I disturb you for nothing, huh. " she chuckled, as she remembered how they ignored her and how they saw her as a criminal. She chuckled again as tears rimmed her eyes, voices of the past echoed in her mind.

Your a useless child!

I wish you were never born!

You ruined my life!

Karma felt like something snapped in her and she broke into a loud obnoxious laughter, the Pidgey flew away as she hug her stomach and bend over in laughter. She laughed and laughed until she fell on her knees, tears dripped down her from her wild amber eyes. She might looked like an addict but she wouldn't careless, all her focus were on the memories that assaulted her mind. All the horrible, horrible memories of her broken childhood.

She panted and gasped for air, all her energy drained out of her. "Criminal, huh? Well that sounded like a nice occupation." She sarcastically commented as she looked up only to be met with a pair of black eyes "Huh? I thought you flew away." She said as she held out her arm, the Pidgey perched on out and chirped at her. She blinked before smiling "I'm fine. Shouldn't you be mad at me? I imprisoned you for nothing. Turns out that boy is just a mental runaway." She chuckled and muttered "Not like I'm any better."

She stood up, the Pidgey on her forearm and took out it's Pokéball "Well I did promised that I'll free you once... ya know." She was about to throw the Pokéball, and hopefully it'll break on some tree trunk or rock, but the Pidgey stopped her. It pecked on her arm, it didnt do any serious damage it merely scratched her a bit "Ow." She looked at the Pidgey who was looking at her as if trying to tell her something "You want to stay." It gave her look which caused her to laughed. "Alright, I hope your ready to deal with crazy me." She said as she walked off to Viridian City.

Once she step foot in the city the first thing that greeted her was a loud explosion from a distance. Her instincts told her to go there and investigate but from the earlier experience of being set aside and metaphorically be slapped once again that she is nothing but a trash to be ignored she didnt bothered. She sighed and went to the Pokémon Center to rest and heal her Pokémon.

Beige dashed across various places in Viridian City. He saw a destroyed truck and narrowly avoided an Enforcer who was helping another Enforcer up.

"Who did this?" The Enforcer standing up asked.

"A man in a black uniform." The wounded Enforcer reported. "He set the truck alight with a Magmar, knocked me out and I believe he went off with the other prisoners."

"Damm it!" The Enforcer exclaimed.

A toothpick was thrown on the floor as a short tomboyish girl with a pink suncap stood in front of the Enforcers. "You'll be jokin'." She said to them. "You'll are idiots." It was Odessa.

The two Enforcers looked up. "What do you mean?"

"That was a Team Rocket member who did this." She responded.

"How do you know?"

"Black uniform, large R on the little shirt...it'll adds up!"

Beige, who was hiding behind a building, heard this.

"We got a report from some bystanders that some scary noises be coming from route 1. You'll check won't you?"

"Yes mistress. As soon as I get this man to a pokemon centre."

"Don't." She said. "I'll deal with him." Odessa walked off with the man to a house. The house was actually the building Beige was hiding behind. Beige heard a muffled screaming sound.

After Mason watched the truck burst into flames he couldn't shake the thought. Two at one time. Was it a coincident? His orange gaze narrowed on the gym doors before he looked back at Hibiki, he then trusted the doors open only to find the building empty. "No way," he let out a sigh of failure- his expression then lit up again with a spark of determination. Mason truly was prone to mood-swings, and even when he seemed to be at a loss he looked back at his partner with a wild grin, "Guess she's occupied." he shrugged not giving much thought to the matter- he puffed out his cheeks before sticking out a finger in added thought, "But I think I know were she is." he pointed out the window at the still fuming smoke.

Hibiki leaned heavily on his walking stick and breathed in great gulps of air. He had never felt so drained in his entire life. Going nonstop full-sprint with a weighty camping bag on his back was torture enough, even if it was mostly downhill, but the flaming trucks out of nowhere forced fresh adrenaline through his already-overtaxed heart. If he lived to see tomorrow, his body would be in a hell of a lot of pain.

Even in the haven of a populous city, we're still not safe! Arsonists running loose, Military Police caught in the fire, my God . . . what a day. And this is my life now.

Mason was pointing with his finger at the newly-billowing smoke cloud that couldn't have formed more than two blocks away. Hibiki followed him, and the two trainers hurried along with as much speed as they could still muster. As they approached their destination, Hibiki could hear several voices mingling in panic, but no sirens. He gave Mason a worried look.

"Do you think the city's in a state of emergency? I keep waiting to hear the fire trucks and ambulances, but nobody's coming."

They had reached the corner of a building, right by the smoldering remains of the prison transport truck. Slightly fearful that the fire-using terrorists were still in the vicinity, Hibiki cautiously peeked around the side. He could see three people deep in discussion: two Military Police, and a short girl in pink but boyish clothes.

"There she is," whispered Mason from beside him. "That's Odessa."

Hibiki gave him a skeptical look, not quite able to tell if Mason was messing with him. "Are you kidding me? She's like, four-foot-nothing. I'm fairly certain my Charmander weighs more than her."

"No, that's definitely Odessa."

Hibiki snorted and shook his head contemptuously. "Unless she's secretly a witch brandishing dark powers, there is no way I can take this girl seriously. Not even if she has a herd of Kangaskhan at her beck and call. I can't believe we ran all this way thinking that guy in beige could be stopped by her."

He turned away and began limping in the direction of the pokemon center, the strain in his joints finally having caught up with him from all the running. "Forget this. I'm going to get some R&R for Charmander, and an ice pack for my legs. If you want to stay here and gather information, fill me later, would you?"

Odessa went to and fro her house that Beige was hiding behind. Beige turned around and saw Mason and Hibiki. "What the hell are you doing here?" Beige whispered.

Suddenly, Beige was interrupted. Odessa speed walked out of her house and barged in front of the group. "What are you guys doin' outside ma house?!" She shouted, in a strong southern American accent. "You'll just standing here. I saw it. No one just stands there without a hidden intention..."

"Nothing. We were on our way to...to...the gym..." Beige said, coolly. Part of him just wanted to walk away before she found out.

"I was just talking to an Enforcer about an attack by a Team Rocket grunt, when my Spearow noticed you." A Spearow flew down onto Odessa's shoulder. "He normally looks around my house to find intruders. You were planning to do anything, were ya?!" She asked suspiciously.

"No..."

"Come to think of it, you'll look like you're new! I got reports of the dead bodies of Enforcers being found on route 1. Can ya tell me anything about that?"

"No...we were in Viridian City for a while now. If someone died on that route, of all routes...then it must have been done on the scene fairly recently..."

Odessa looked at them suspiciously, but dropped the act to go to her gym. "If you hear anything, tell me, but I'm on my way to the gym, I am the gym leader after all!"

Hearing the hiss of Beige's whisper had sent ice through Hibiki's veins. How had he caught up so fast?! Beige might as well have been wearing knives on his fingers, and growled "Freddy's comin' for you!", for nothing could erase the fact that he'd killed in front of them less than an hour ago. If his legs weren't cramping so bad, Hibiki might have bolted then and there, but it was all he could do to keep moving toward the pokecenter with his eyes fixed straight ahead, and give no indication that he had heard the killer's voice.

Then a different voice spoke, and he recognized it as Odessa's: the diminutive girl he and Mason had found, who was supposed to be gym leader material. She was grilling Mason and Beige about intruding outside her house, and Beige spoke up in defense.

"We were on our way to...to...the gym..."

What-? "We"? Why's he pretending to be with Mason? Unless . . . is he planning to take him hostage? Hibiki's stomach knotted. If I know Mason even a little bit, he's not going to play along with this. Or, if he does, it'll be just long enough to get Beige into the gym where Odessa can corner him. Beige just told her he was on his way over, so if he doesn't go through with it now, she'll doubtless reconsider him as a prime suspect.

The doors to the pokemon center were now right before him. Hibiki gritted his teeth, cursing the weakness of his stature. If only he were already a trainer with four or five badges, and something besides a low-level starter pokemon, he might have been able to rescue Mason with his own power. As things stood, all he could do was rely on the dubious competence of the "gym leader," and Enforcement Officers who apparently used Rattatas and Pidgeys to apprehend their targets. Small wonder crime ran rampant around here.

Sorry, Mason. This is the best I can do for you right now. Hang in there a little longer.

Behind the welcome desk of the Pokemon Center, just over the table's edge, Hibiki could make out a white nurse cap. "Excuse me!" he called out, using his walking stick as a cane to drag his numb legs across the reception floor. "This is an emergency. I need you to call the local police right away, and let every available local unit know-"

The nurse cap rose, revealing a pink face behind the counter. "Chansey!" the pokemon squeaked merrily, beckoning Hibiki closer with one paw and pointing to a sign on the wall with the other. It read: NURSE IS OUT. PLEASE LEAVE INJURED POKEMON WITH CHANSEY.

"Oh, come on! For Pete's sake- hey!" Quick as a snake, Chansey snatched Charmander's pokeball from his belt, and started toward the employees-only area in the back with it. Hibiki paused in amazement, then angrily smacked his hand hard on a countertop service bell until she turned back around. He held out his hand. "I need that back!"

Out flashed the Chansey's paw again, briskly slapping two Tylenol tablets into his open palm.

Mason held his breath when addressed by the gym leader- which he really wished he hadn't had because Biege then took over the situation. He took over by lying. The only reason he didn't call Beige out was because he didn't know the boy- if he really was a stone-cold murderer though, then the gym leader is the last person that should stand against him especially with the cops occupied with Rocket's appearance he couldn't risk her like that. At that point he knew that Hibiki had a plan which probably involved getting the criminal towards Odessa, but Mason thought differently. This woman was a symbol to many kids just like him, she is recognized around the world it would be terrible if something happened to her. But some random trainer like him- even if he did die who would care?
He departed from his partner with the simple excuse of he was going to the pokemart but in reality he knew what he wanted. Super-effective or not he was going to battle this guy- this mysterious murderer, or at least he going to stall him. Maybe he had watched too any hero shows as a kid, or maybe he really did have a death wish, but either way Mason wasn't going to let Beige hurt anyone else not the gym leader and especially not Hibiki.
Beige wasn't hard to find, and Mason forced a brave face as he blocked the boy's path, his burning orange gaze drilled into the stranger before he released Bubbles and Bulls-eye, "What's next? You gonna rob the gym? Kill a few more cops?" he asked with a growl, Bubbled stood protectively in front of his trainer and the Pidgey perched on Mason's shoulder. "Are you aiming for Red is that it? Or are you just some crazy scum-bag with a fancy for blood?" he question and the words that came form his mouth even surprised himself, but a more confident voice overruled his usual thoughts and he had a plan.

As the Pokémon Center's automatic door slide open, Karma took a glance on the newcomer only to see the foreigner from earlier. She scoff quietly to herself as she took off her beret and fan herself with it, she's been in this center for a while even though the Chansey already gave her, her Pokémon back. She yawned and stood up, she looked over to the guy again before taking her leave. She needed to train. And what better place is their when you have the Pokémon Academy or Trainer House, whatever the locals called it.

As she walked to her destination, she pass through the 'accident' from earlier, she observed the collateral damage at the corner of her eyes before she focus back on her previous destination. She walked in the building and she immediately got the students attention, she could particularly hear their questioning thoughts which caused her to smile "No worries." She said as she took out her two pokeballs "Just wanted to have a little training, anyone wanted to help?"

"You don't understand." Beige said to Mason. "They were going to kill me and the rest of us if I hadn't struck them in the first place. You don't understand any of this do you?!" Beige exclaimed. "I need to get her on my side. I need her to see the truth too..."

Beige stomped away and entered the gym. It was in the evening now and so most of the people who trained normal type pokemon with Odessa had left. The gym was suppossed to close in less than 2 hours, so Beige decieded this was the time to challenge it. Beige walked up carefully to Odessa, who stood next to a battleground area. She took her position on the battlefield.

"Ah! You!" She shouted. "What did ya say your name was again?" She asked.

"Beige." Beige replied. "Or, that is what I go by." Beige sent out Skull the Cubone.

"Alright, let's start. Rattata go!" A large Rat pokemon appeared on the battlefield. Its purple dazzled Beige.

"Use headbutt." Beige commanded. Cubone bashed its head into the Rattata but the Rattata absorbed most of the damage. It was stronger than other Rattata.

"Tackle." Odessa ordered. Rattata bashed Skull in the head area and a crack appeared on the actual skull placed on it's head. "Use quick attack now!" Rattata jumped behind Skull and hit the Cubone from the back. Cubone fell to the ground. It was weak now.

"Bone club!" Beige exclaimed. Skull ran towards Rattata and tried to stab at it with the bone in the hands of the Cubone.

"Try to dodge it!" Rattata dodged many of the attacks, jumping up and down. At that moment, Beige knew he could not underestimate this pokemon.

Mason simply stood blinking at the boy as he walked away, he did have a good point. It didn't answer why he stole a pokemon in the first place- but technically he did attack out of self defense. With an irritated huff he rubbed his temple as the boys words mixed in with his original thoughts. When he phrased it that way, he didn't seem like a Stone Cold Killer and what did he mean by 'the truth' what was that suppose to be? Mason stumbled backwards before racing off to find Hibiki. Mason slammed open the doors of the pokemon center and dashed inside only to see his partner rather frustrated and no nurse in sight. Bubbles and Bulls-eye both followed him into the doors before he took a breath and began to explain. "The boy from before... I don't know if he is what we think he is. I criminal yes, but a bad guy... I don't know. But whatever he is- he is in the gym now, and he doesn't just plan on battling Odessa." he hoped his words didn't blend together due to his speed talking.

Skull and Odessa's Rattata charged at each other. Skull hit Rattata with his bone club and Rattata tried to dig its massive teeth into the Cubone. Both of these features clashed and, within seconds, both pokemon had fainted. Odessa looked at Beige oddly as she returned her pokemon. A Spearow came out. Beige sent out his Pikachu, Voltaire.

"Tell me, what do you know about the Enforcers?" Beige suddenly asked.

"That you shouldn't mess with 'em!" Odessa replied. "As one of their leaders, I think you shouldn't ask such questions..."

"You know those dead Enforcers you were talking about earlier...well...I think I know who did it..."

"Who?" Odessa asked.

"Me." Beige felt some guilt saying this. Odessa gave him a strange angry look.

"Be honest with me, love." She said. "How would you do that? You have no gym badges!"

"The ones I faced...were weak...They wanted to follow me...they..."

"You didn't have to tell me, you know. You're Beige, the outlaw that keeps defeating my Enforcer grunts every time we go looking for you! You've said a lot of things about our great ruler, Red, that criticise him and are too negative..."

"But he's a crap leader, you know. He enforces control and authority over the people with the expense of others..."

"How do ya know that?!" Odessa yelled.

"I saw." Beige answered. "I was born in Lavender Town. My father worked for Red. My mother went missing one day after she attended a Resistance rally in a nearby route. The Resistance rally was peaceful and went right through Saffron City and my mother was murdered by Enforcer officers sent by Red, just because they were speaking out against him and proving to be opposition."

Odessa looking at him in disbelief. "How do ya know that?"

"At first, I didn't. But, I stumbled upon some information about the kind of work the Enforcers do in a suitcase my father had. I raided an Enforcer outpost in Lavender Town."

"Raiding an Enforcer outpost is an offense!" Odessa yelled. In response, Odessa was handed two photos: one which had an Enforcer torturing a man tied to a chair, and a photo of a dead woman.

"The man is my father. He was brainwashed by Red's Enforcers. He told me before he died. The woman is my mother. I haven't shown anyone these photos yet..."

Tears developed in Odessa's eyes. "What...is going on..."

"Do you do this?"

"Only when i'm told to by higher ranking leaders. Only when I think the person is bad..."

"If the Enforcers have been ordered to do this to people...then...they've been ordered by...and Red is..." Odessa battled with her darker side in her head as she started to realise she had been lied to as well. She realised that Odessa had been one of the people doing the torturing. She couldn't believe she had been tricked into attacking peaceful people.

"Team Rocket..." Odessa muttered. "But Team Rocket want to murder Red and his officers!"

"How do you know that? Maybe they aren't who Red and the media depict them to be. Maybe we've all been lied to and Team Rocket is our saviour! Maybe they have good intentions after all..."

Odessa was desgusted, looking at Beige. It was all too much for her to bear and she couldn't believe him for a second. "Spearow! Attack!" Spearow flew towards Beige in a peck attack. Voltaire jumped in front of Beige to protect him and fired a thundershock attack at the Spearow to protect his master. Spearow instantly fainted.

"Enough of that." Beige said, calmly. "Thanks Voltaire."

"You're so..."

"No need to get mad at me."

"I'm sorry...I..." Odessa looked at Beige. "What you've just said, is questioning everything i've ever stood for...yet, I can't help but believe it. I have two sisters. One of them used to be a gym leader in Johto. The other, well I don't know what happened to her. They said she 'died' during a Team Rocket attack on Saffron City. When the attack happened, the Enforcers managed to hold them off and finally defeat them. They were rogues, they said, as Team Rocket had been disbanded. They said my sister died when a Team Rocket grunt killed her with one of his pokemon. But I couldn't help wonder why they said that when she was on the opposite side of the city to when the attack happened...and she sent me a text that said she saw some wierd men in hazmat suits and Enforcers coming towards her...well...now my suspicions...they make sense..."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hibiki had said and done nothing when the girl with the red beret passed him and left through the pokecenter double-doors. He had wanted to call out, to ask her why she had acted as an accomplice to the murderer Beige, but it would have been just begging for trouble. She had her pokemon, he didn't, and he knew no martial arts to defend himself if she were to suddenly attack. That one was too unpredictable.

The nurse Chansey had just returned with Charmander's pokeball when the doors banged open again, nearly giving Hibiki a heart attack. He spun around, face twisted with tension, and relaxed when he saw it was Mason. He managed a relieved smile.

"You're okay! Thank Jesus . . . what'd you find out?"

Mason took a breath and began to explain. "The boy from before . . . I don't know if he is what we think he is . . ." He repeated all that he could remember from Beige, and Hibiki listened intently. At one point during the dialogue, Chansey somehow got a hold of Mason's pokemon, and had them back less than a minute later. If Mason noticed, he didn't stop to comment. Once he was through, Hibiki inclined his head, putting a hand on his chin skeptically.

"Beige told you he struck down the Enforcers because they were going to kill him AND the rest of us?" he echoed. "We're performing in Red's own honor. I didn't think it was possible, but that guy is even more of a lunatic than I first thought. Frankly, I'm amazed he let you go." He narrowed his eyes, and put a hand on Mason's shoulder. "Don't let Beige get inside your head, man. Think about the kind of person he is. He steals an innocent Pikachu, then robs it of its innocence by making it kill people. He couldn't even be bothered to have the blood on his own hands."

Hibiki cast a wary glance at the pokecenter doors. "Listen," he said, "I thought the city would provide safe reprieve, but it doesn't. The gym leader's go-to pokemon is a damn Spearow, there are Rockets (or Rocket wannabes) blowing up stuff left and right, and the authorities are stretched so thin that they couldn't even spare us a Nurse Joy, or whoever runs this joint now." He pointed at a map on the wall. "Rather than wait here for Beige to waltz through the doors, I say we make a break for the wilderness tonight. We can hide and camp out in Route 22, then check back here tomorrow to see if anyone managed to throw his butt in jail."

He picked up his walking stick and cast a glance back at Mason. "Besides, Odessa's a Normal-type gym leader, right? Me 'n Gold did some research of the region a few days before the journey, and I think some Fighting-type pokemon reside in Route 22's grasslands."

Continuing with their battle, Odessa sent out her final pokemon, a Chansey.

"Where did you get that pokemon?" Beige asked. "The Safarai zone is closed."

"Red always allowed the gym leaders that he thought were loyal to him to have access to it. It was never truely closed..." Odessa replied. "Plus, some of the pokemon were released back into the wild..."

"Let us continue with the battle. Voltaire, use thundershock!" Voltaire shot a blast of electricity at Odessa's Chansey, but the Chansey seemed to absorb the attack quite well.

Darkness had just started to fall when Hibiki stacked the last of the firewood next to his sleeping bag. It wouldn't be much of a blaze, since he wanted to minimize the risk of being found out on Route 22, but it would cook his canned dinner. He met Charmander's eyes, and the small fire lizard nodded in understanding and lit up the kindling. This was one of the perks to having an early Fire-type: you'd always have a quick flame handy if your lighter wasn't catching. Now all that was left was to select a can . . .

Wait. There was something else. Something else . . . Repel! Hibiki had forgotten to spray a circle of repel potion around his campsite, which he ought to have done even before starting the fire. Like Staryu's Illuminate ability, a controlled campfire would draw the attention of surrounding pokemon, and he was in no mood to make an emergency run back to Viridian City if things went south. Yet even as he dug through his bag, a tiny but unfamiliar voice squeaked behind him. He turned.

Standing at the edge of the firelight was what could only be described as blue-gray bunny rabbit with spikes down its back. Nidoran female, if memory served correctly. It was, in the long run, a pokemon that was slightly above-average with well-balanced stats. Hibiki raised his eyebrows. "There's something different. At least it's not a Rattata or Pidgey. Charmander, hit it with an Ember!"

Charmander breathed a thin line of fire, knowing better than to strike out at the Nidoran's poison points. She retaliated quicker than Hibiki expected, striking out with an aerial spinning bird kick that beat Charmander across the face, and jabbed him in the stomach. He reeled back, stumbling to keep his balance, holding one paw over his eye.

Double kick, thought Hibiki, surprised. Nidoran's a pure Poison-type, but this ought to come in handy against that gym leader chick. Well then, let's expand the team.

With a well-aimed throw, Hibiki struck the Nidoran on the side of her head, and she was drawn into the pokeball a moment later. There was a flash of light, then the ball snapped shut and rocked on the ground. Hibiki held his breath for a tense few seconds, but the rattling soon ceased, and the ball lay dormant. He nodded with satisfaction, gave Charmander a pat on the head, and lifted the ball off the ground. Then, before he forgot again, he sprayed a circle of Repel potion around the campsite.

*Hibiki acquired NIDORAN-f.
Moveset: Growl, Scratch, Tail Whip, Double Kick

*(Getting ready to Time Skip to the following day.)

About half an hour of battling had taken place. Countless thundershocks had hit Odessa's Chansey. Chansey's annoying Pound attacks had damaged the Pikachu several times. To compliment this, Chansey also used Softboiled to heal itself countless times. Finally, Voltaire managed to take the Chansey down using a giant electro ball.

"Well...you've defeated me!" Odessa exclaimed as Beige celebrated.

"Listen. I got you wrong." Odessa said to Beige. "You want to help people, I can see it. You want the truth." Beige nodded to this since he was too tired to say anything. It was nighttime and the gym was about to close.

"I think I got you wrong too..." Beige responded.

"I've thought about it during our battle...and I think I want to help you take on Red and his Enforcers. I can't come with you on your journey since i've got this gym to look after, but I can still give you help!"

"In what way?" Beige asked.

"The Enforcers think I'm one of them, but i'm not. Secretly, I will send information to you about their bases and outposts. If I know what you're thinking, you'll be wanting to sneak into them and dismantle them one by one." Odessa wrote down her phone number and Beige recorded it on his phone. Beige also had Odessa record his phone number.

"Don't show anyone..." Beige whispered.

Odessa nodded. "I will fire the Enforcers in Viridian City Outpost. I don't have complete control over the Enforcers, but Red assigned each of his 'loyal' gym leaders some control over his Enforcer outposts-the small bases in most towns. Unfortunately for Red, I won't be routing for him anymore..."

Beige let off a small laugh. "I better be going...it's getting late..."

"Before you go, take these." Odessa handed Beige a gym badge. "As proof of your victory, I give you...the ordinary badge!" The badge was a white circle with a yellow ring around this circle. "Let me give you this TM." Beige was handed a disc. "This contains protect. It will help you. I don't normally give out two TMs, but in this case, you're going to need this." Beige was handed another TM. "That contains Work Up. It was only recently discovered."

"Thanks, Odessa. If you're in trouble, I will help you too. Anyway, I need to go."

"Goodbye!" Odessa shouted.

"See you sometime...bye!!" Beige responded, as he left the gym.

"Pan wrap your vines on it and smash it to the ground!" Karma commanded, Pan sent out his two vines and wrapped it around the Fish Pokémon, who did nothing but splash around the whole battle and smash it rather gently on the ground. It effectively knock it off. "Wow, your really strong." Said the Magikarp's trainer, which caused Karma to scoff "You just have a bad taste on Pokémon." The boy frowned as he looked at Karma after he returned his Pokémon "What's that supposed to mean?"

Karma looked at the boy, who looked back at her curiously, she noticed his tone doesn't hold any sort of annoyance or resentment on her comment and his eyes doesn't hold any negative emotions that is supposed to be directed at her. "Well, I meant that if you only train harder maybe your Magikarp will learn a much decent move than Splash." The boy laughed bashfully as he rubbed the back of his neck "Oh, uh... Yeah your right." Karma gave him a looked before she sigh and gestured for him to follow her. The boy gave her a befuddled look before he decided to follow her.

Karma lead him to a Pokémon Center "It's getting late so we'll have to stay here." The boy was taken back from Karma's statement "Oh no, you don't have to. I have a place to stay a-and-" his rambling was cut off by Karma "Your not seriously going back on your dump of a house." The boy blinked as he looked at Karma, shocked at what she said "H-how did you-" Karma rolled her eyes before she pointed at his clothes which had a bunch of holes and unmatched patches sewed on it. The boy looked down in embarrassment which Karma simply sighed at "Don't worry about it. I'm not a fashion police, or anything. Anyway, Chansey do you have a room for two and if it's possible can it be separated?" Thankfully the Chansey nodded.

The boy looked up at her and smiled "I'm Siete but you can call me Seven. My Uncle caught me a Magikarp and his been my partner ever since. I named him, Diablo, because that's what my Uncle kept calling it." Karma turned to him and smiled as well "Karma, and nice backstory I didn't know that your wrecked with perverted sentimentality." Seven gaped as he stared at the grinning girl who reached out a Pokéball from her pocket and held it to Seven "I have a feeling that you'll be needing this." She shoved it to him and grin wider "Well partner, I think it's time for you to go. Don't take too long." She said and as if on cue the Chansey gestured for them to follow it, Karma did but Seven didnt. He looked at the ball before smirking "Noted." That was his last words as he exited the Center and went back to the Trainer House.

-----In Pallet Town-----
(They: can also relate to an individual of unknown gender)
Everything was quiet, the world is consumed by the darkness of the night. Not a single star twinkle, not a bird or a bug Pokémon to filled the night with noises, not even the moon appeared to bathe Kanto with it's magnificent glow. The place looked, feel eerie, its like a remake of Silent Hill the only thing missing is the thick fog and this setting could've been perfect.

But it is perfect, for this young individual that is. They jumped through thick branches followed by it's avian partner before it jumped down near a building. They quietly creeped at the side of the building until they reached a door, with precise precision they unlocked the door with only a clip. They tip toed themselves in and grabbed multiple empty pokeballs, a pokedex, and a few documents.

Pokémon Evolutions

Pokémon Biology

List of Trainers: XXX1-XXX2

List of Trainers: XX10-XX11

They stopped by a pile of Pokéball, they ignored the starters and immediately went for the 'other' Pokémon. They heard a door being opened and in a haste grabbed a Pokéball put it inside their sack which spilled the documents to the floor "Who's there?!" The switched turned on which revealed the intruder, who was wearing a Jolteaon hooded jacket, with the hood on, and a white cargo track pants. "An intruder!"

"Pidgey, Sand Attack and mix it up with Gust!" The avian Pokémon did as told it summoned a swarm of dust which turned into a sand tornado which blinded the guards of the lab. It's good thing the boy was wearing his Go-Goggles, so his escape was like a walk in the park. "Pidgey let's go!" The bird Pokémon followed the boy, it flew low on the ground before it scooped the boy and flew away. The boy grin "Mission Complete."

-----Back in Viridian City-----
"Wow, I'm beat." He held up the Pokéball in his hands and smiled on it "And I'm pretty sure that you guys are beat too." He spotted Chansey and hurriedly walked towards it. He gave his Pokémon to it and asked where the guest rooms are. The Pokémon pointed to the direction "Thanks, Chansey." Seven said before walking down the hallway, he opened one room to, fortunately, reveal a peacefully sleeping Karma. Seven smiled before he quietly closed the door, he went to the room next to Karma and it was empty, much to his relief. He walked in and plopped on the bed "Oh my Arceus! I haven't had this feeling since forever." He said as he made himself comfortable before also falling on a deep slumber.

Not 100% what is happening right now XD I think Mason is camping with Hibiki, sorry if I'm messing things up)

Mason followed Hibiki along route 22, Bubble's walked by his side as Bulls-eye rested in his pokeball. His sleeping bag was zipped tightly around him as he nodded in a gesture of gratitude towards Charamander's fire. The sudden noise caused him to jump although it had turned out to be little more than a pokemon. When his friend caught the small female creature he grinned, now they both had 2 pokemon. However he still needed an advantage against Odessa's gym. Bubble's was turned on his back with his body parts all retracted into his shell- and light snoring erupted from inside the shell. But as the sky grew dark and the night dragged on Mason became more and more restless, maybe it was because he was sleeping on the forest floor, or maybe because he was worried about the days ahead. However, after hours of tossing and turning he finally threw the sleeping bag off of himself and silently stood so he wouldn't wake up Hibiki. If he couldn't sleep, then why waste the valuable hours? He glared at the Squirtle's motionless body before leaving Bubble's and walking down the seemingly endlessly dark road. He released Bulls-eye and watched the Pidgey flew in circles before suddenly being struck from the sky, Mason's eyes grew wide as he raced towards the spot where his pokemon had fallen but arriving on the scene he found Pidgey already in battle with a wild Mankey.
"Hurry Bulls-eye Sand attack!" he called the bird back and commanded the tornado of sand at the fighting-type. The Mankey screech as sand plastered it's face, "Now Quick Attack!" Mason called out not giving the Mankey to respond before it was hit. The monkey-like pokemon only seemed to get angrier as it waved it arms and bit Bulls-eye, Mason winced at his team-member's cry but then the Pidgey escaped it's opponents grip used Gust without being told. The battle seemed to go on forever, each attack was more fierce than the last and he prayed the fighting-type's war cries wasn't waking his travel-buddy. Bulls-eye was absolutely exhausted as well as beat up, and although Mankey had taken many more hit it seemed to still be bursting with energy. When the Mankey used pursuit and it's dark Aura enveloped it's rushing body mason reacted quickly- Pidgey couldn't take another hit. He jumped in front of his pokemon with an outreached pokeball which absorbed Mankey before it could hit withe Mason or Bulls-eye.
To Mason's surprise the pokeball beeped 3 times before settling, mouth wide open Mason grinned and scooped up the pokeball. "Nice going, Bulls-eye." he stroked the flying type before returning him and staring at Mankey's ball. As he released the pokemon it seemed the furious spark in it's eyes had not gone away, and turning around with a scowl the Mankey charged towards Mason who yelped and jumped out of the way. "Hey! Bad Mankey, your my pokemon now. Pokemon- not fighter." he said slowly before smirking. "I'll call you fighter!" he smiled although he had to return the pokemon before it attacked him. It was an exhausting trip back to the campsite- and this time, as soon as he crawled into the sleeping bag he fell asleep.

*Time Skip*

The rays of the late morning sun cast patterns through Viridian gym's windows, and onto the battle floor. It was a scene of perfect serenity, in which one might meditate without fear of distraction. The gym doors suddenly rumbled open, and the relative dark and quiet were whisked away in a flood of fresh light and noise.

"-worrying about it. It's our first badge, so the overseers aren't expecting Elite-level tactics at this point. In fact, it would be strange if we even had any stage-2 pokemon in this fight."

Hibiki and Mason sauntered in, taking a moment to look over the arena floor. Then, Hibiki backed up and knocked on the wall, his voice echoing slightly in the battle chamber.

"Hello? Odessa? The sign on the wall said your gym would be open from 8 AM to 6 PM. Er . . . maybe that was actually the sign for the parking lot, but yell if you're here!"

He glanced over at Mason. ("I kind of expected this,") he muttered. ("Gym leaders who sit in silence waiting for you, then they appear out of the dark all mysterious and weird and crap to throw you off your game. Or at least, that's what Gold said would happen.")

(Odessa's Perspective)
"Parking lot?" A voice asked, rhetorically. The voice was embedded with that of a southern American accent. "I haven't had a problem with one of those in a long time!" The voice came from none other than Odessa, who stepped forward, out of the shadows to greet them. She had a pink t-shirt on and a pink cap this time. "You want to challenge my gym?" She asked. Odessa knew about these trainers: Beige had informed her about them using what he had learned previously.
(Beige's Perspecitive)
Beige awoke early in a hotel in Viridian City but he found that he only had the money to pay for one night. After getting changed into new clothing, Beige crept around the City, trying to avoid as many of the Enforcer guards as possible. He had received notice from Odessa that the outpost which housed many Enforcers had been shut down, leaving only Stephan's personal groups of Enforcers guarding the town. But even these Enforcers joined the others to march to Pewter City as Stephan had become enraged with this. Beige arrived in route 22, where he battled several trainers. He noticed a damaged pile of sticks and straw, possibly from a fire that was lit the night before. Beige did not worry about this and instead, went on a pokemon catching frenzy, throwing poke balls on a Spearow, a Nidoran Male and a Mankey in that precise order. It took him a while to get each pokemon and so, by midday, Beige was still there. He entered Viridian City again and saw that a march of Enforcers was taking place. Luckily, Beige had just missed it, as the sea of Enforcers now marched to Pewter City. There was something happening in Pewter City, Beige thought. Beige slowly followed them until he got to Route 2 outside of Viridian Forest. He allowed the march to go ahead, as to avoid them. Entering Viridian Forest, Beige saw the emerald green trees sway with the wind and long patches of grass, in each of them there must have been a dozen Caterpies and Weedles. Beige did want to catch a Weedle, so he did. At that point, Beige ran back to get more poke balls, as had no more. Entering the forest again, Beige found a bunch of Bug catchers, both male and female, hunting pokemon. They stopped him in his tracks, their leader, a young man with a round brown and beige hat.

"What are you doin' in our forest?" The young bug catcher asked. "I'm chieftain around these parts."

"I didn't want no trouble..." Beige said, calmly. His voice was softer than before. He was genuine. He just wanted to get to Pewter City so he could find out what the Enforcers were doing.

"You better not be dem Enforcer lads!" The leader shouted. "Me and my group have been hiding from them all day now!"

"Honestly, I'm on the same side as you." Beige replied. "I hate the Enforcers just as much as you do."

"Well..." The bug catcher leader said, as he inspected Beige. "I guess I should let you join us, we're very much like ninjas around here so..."

The eyes of the bug catchers behind their leader widened as a shadow of a large bug pokemon appeared behind Beige. The leader of these bug catchers readied his net and was about to open his mouth to say "What is that?" when some of the other bug catchers grabbed him and covered his mouth, with Beige being increasingly confused. Suddenly, Beige saw the jaws, no, the horns, of a pokemon around his hips. It grabbed him and almost swallowed him in them and Beige blacked out.

Beige awoke in a secluded part of the forest with trees around him in a circle with a small and darkened passageway through a large bush behind him. Beige saw that he was tied up. He saw in front of him a gigantic Pinsir. A group of bug catchers walked around him in a circle, cursing at him.

A very weighty man in a blue shirt with buttons and collar entered through the bushy passageway. "Well i'd be dammed..." He muttered. "You, of all people, I captured!" He exclaimed.

"Who are you...why am I tied up in a rope like this?" Beige asked.

"All I can tell you...is that my name is Stephan." The man said.

Outside the bushy archway was the rest of Viridian Forest. The bug catchers led by the leader bug catcher were actually rogues and it was true that there were not supportive of the Enforcers, yet, Stephan had managed to convince a small handfull of them to help him capture rogue trainers, such as Beige, in return for a lawful pardon.

"That's why we do this," said Hibiki, setting his walking stick against the wall. "The challenge."

Odessa held up her hand. "Three on three," she stated, with three fingers in the air. Hibiki raised an eyebrow. "I only have two pokemon."

"Then I guess we'll see if you were honest about wanting a challenge."

Hibiki narrowed his eyes, as he and Odessa widened their pokeballs. "I have the same blood as my brother, Gold. Two pokemon will be enough against you."

In a simultaneous burst of light, a Rattata appeared on Odessa's side of the field, and on Hibiki's, Nidoran. Odessa crossed her arms. "Alright Rattata, use Focus Energy!"

"Tail Whip," Hibiki responded. He glanced across the battle floor at Odessa. "You're not attacking right away?"

"Not if I can get a critical hit early on. I know about Nidoran's Poison Point ability, and one hit's all I may have to risk," Odessa replied with a smile. "Why aren't YOU attacking?"

Hibiki tensed. "Nidoran-!" And then he paused for just a moment. "Another Tail Whip!"

On the battle floor, Nidoran struck Rattata across the face with her stub of a tail. At Odessa's next command, Rattata tackled her, focusing in on her soft underbelly. Winded, Nidoran rose on shaking legs.

"Now!" Hibiki bellowed. "Double Kick!"

"Too slow!" Odessa responded. "Quick Attack!"

The two pokemon collided mid-floor, with Rattata running face-first into Nidoran's forelegs, before being kicked back by her hind legs. She somersaulted backward, landing on all fours. Rattata dropped to the ground with a cracked tooth.

"Ouch," said Odessa calmly, calling her beaten pokemon back. "I guess he couldn't take Double Kick after two Tail Whips. Why didn't you try attacking earlier?"

In a flash of pokeball light, her Spearow came out. Hibiki recalled Nidoran, and sent in Charmander. "Rattata's Guts ability. If he'd been poisoned early, his attack would have increased too steeply. But you were counting on that, weren't you? Isn't that why you tried goading me into attacking?"

"Hey, you did it first," she said with a shrug. "Spearow! Fury Attack!"

"Going directly at it, are we?" said Hibiki. "Fine. Charmander, Ember full-throttle!"

There were no more commands issued for the remainder of the round. Hibiki kept his silence, as did Odessa, and they watched their pokemon thrash back and forth on the battle floor. Eventually, Charmander succeeded in blasting Spearow full in the face with a well-timed breath attack, and the sparrow pokemon crumpled to the ground, wings outstretched. Odessa recalled her beaten pokemon.

"Were you expecting that?" she asked.

Hibiki shrugged. "Honestly? That one could've gone either way. Charmander's spent the last twenty-four hours burning field critters and getting pecked all over. But then again, your Spearow could have been any level."

Odessa raised her third pokeball. "You've got that right. I'm actually an eighth-badge gym leader when I want to be. These pokemon I'm using now are kept at low enough power that it's possible for you guys to overcome them at all."

Hibiki snorted derisively. "I wasn't going to say anything before, but there's NO way I'd believe you're the final gym leader."

Odessa's eyes narrowed to dangerous slits. "Oh? Let's see if you still feel that way after this. Chansey!" From her final pokeball, a chubby pink pokemon emerged, similar in appearance to the one at the pokemon center. Hibiki waved his hand. "If you were trying to be intimidating there, you picked the wrong-looking pokemon."

"Looks can be deceiving. Enough talk!" Odessa pointed at Charmander. "Chansey! Doubleslap!"

"Charmander! Smokescreen!"

Chansey lunged forward, just as Charmander sent a cloud of smoke billowing from his mouth. There were thudding noises, and when the smoke cleared, Charmander lay fainted on the ground, while Chansey stood rubbing her reddened eyes.

"One down, one to go," said Odessa cheerfully. Hibiki made a grumbling noise in his throat, and drew Charmander back into his pokeball. "Nidoran! You're up."

The moment Nidoran emerged, Odessa gave an order, and Chansey rushed forth once more to slap her enemy into submission. A couple of the blows landed, but most were wild swings that hit nothing, thanks to the partial blindness of Chansey's eyes.

"No stalling this time," Hibiki murmured. "Double Kick, Nidoran! Give it all you've got!"

Chansey received a vicious blow to the face, and a second to the forehead, and she rolled backward, looking green. Odessa clicked her tongue. "Poison! It happened after all . . . Chansey, Refresh!"

"Again!" shouted Hibiki. "Double Kick!"

The second flurry of kicks brought Chansey to the ground, and the fat pink pokemon lay whimpering, unable to get back up. Odessa waited for a moment, then drew her final pokemon back, her face masked in shadow.

"Well, well. You actually did it. I mean, you got lucky, but you did it."

Hibiki tilted his head, feeling slight exhilaration from victory, but not as much as he'd imagined. Well, it was only the first gym, after all. "I got lucky?"

"Yes. I could have had Chansey recover with Softboiled, but not as fast as you would have brought her back down with Double Kick and poison combined. Yet if that last kick hadn't taken her out, we WOULD have recovered faster than you could deal damage. And then one or two Pound attacks probably would've finished your Nidoran." Odessa smirked. "Or a flick to her forehead. She was right on the verge."

Hibiki shrugged and summoned Nidoran back into her ball. "Maybe. But I still beat you with two pokemon. I've earned that badge."

"One more thing." Odessa came out from the shadows, enough for Hibiki to see her face. It was a mix of curiosity and a little sadness. "Those pokemon are going to be with you on your journey, right? Why aren't you treating them more like . . . y'know . . . partners? You didn't compliment them once in our battle."

Hibiki placed Nidoran's pokeball on his belt. "Don't assume, just because I'm not public about it," he said. "This was my time for you. I set aside time for them." He looked back at Mason, who was standing near the doorway, watching on. "But now, it's his time to shine. Badge me up, and I'll happily get my butt out of the way."

"Hey, Seven wake up." Said boy opened his eyes and saw Karma who was holding something in her hands. "Here." He blinked, and grabbed the offered things in his hand "Wha-" Karma cut him off before he could finished his question "You need clothes." She simply stated before walking out. Seven looked at the clothing then to the door where Karma disappeared into "Thank you!" He shouted so Karma could hear him outside the door.

After a couple of minutes later, both of the trainers walked out of the Pokémon Center "Oh yeah I forgot to give you this." Seven looked at the box in Karma's hand "What is it?" Karma shrugged as she gave it to him "Why dont you found out yourself?" Seven looked at the box and momentarily stopped so he could open it. He awed as he looked at the ruby red devices in it "What are this?" Karma gave him a grin "A Pokedex and a bunch of Pokéballs. Every trainer needs them ya know." She put a finger on Seven's lips "From now on, your not going to thank me cause were friends now." She said before she walked to Route 22.

Seven looked down on the items then at Karma's back, he sigh and put them in his sack bag before he followed after Karma. They arrived at Route 22, "Let me guess." Karma grinned at him as he continued "We're going to catch Pokémon." Karma nodded before she held her hand "Skyler, please." Seven rummaged in his bag and took out a Pokéball "Here." He gave the Pokéball to her outstretched hand.

"Here's the plan. I'll go right and you'll go left, we need to cover as much ground as possible before midday so we could advance." Seven nodded as he goes to the left side of the Route which in his luck or not was full of trainers "Why do I have the feeling that I got set up?"

A few hours later, the two trainers met up "You look horrible." Karma commented, as she looked at the disheveled form of Seven who shot her a look "You looked better." Karma shrugged as she held up two Pokéballs "Take a pick." Seven choose the Pokéball on her right hand, before he released whatever it is in the Pokéball. It revealed a small blue rodent-like Pokémon, Seven reached for his pokedex and aim it to the Pokémon "Nidoran, the Poison Pin Pokémon."

"Hey, let's go." Karma called out from the exit of the Route "Oh, right." Seven returned the Pokémon in it's Pokéball and followed Karma again. Karma looked up and saw the darkening orange skies "That took longer than expected." She said as she went straight to Route 2, Seven followed after her. "Hey, uh, Karma shouldn't we get our Pokémon-" Karma silenced him with a finger to his lips, her eyes were glued to a shadowy figure that entered a bush. "Tell me, Seven. Can you climb trees?" The boy blinked before he nodded.

"This is a bad idea." Seven said as he peeked at the thick foliage of there covered on top of the tree they were perched in "No ideas are bad, this is just crazy that's all." Seven looked at Karma "Well that's reassuring." The girl shrugged and shot him a cheeky smile before she peeked through the leaves again. They were hidden in a tree that's not too far that they wouldn't see the group but not too near that they could get detected.

"Do you think there, bounty hunters?" Karma shrugged "Probably. Should we help?" Seven furrowed his eyebrows in thought "Yeah, we should but we should wait for an opportunity." Karma nodded in agreement.

Mason watched Odessa and Hibiki with an expression of pure awe. His friend looked so professional, so experienced out on that field- he fretted he would not being able to mirror the boy's confidence. And he would not even close to be able to mimic his intense battling strategies. And did he hear Hibiki mention Gold. Although a huge fan of Red, Hibiki new all about the historical pokemon trainer. Where they related? He figured it was best not to mention, not until he was sure.
After Odessa healed her pokemon and gave Hibiki his badge, Mason stood on one side of the field. His blue hair was a mess from the sleepless night yet his orange gaze shone brightly-
"3 on 3? Or are you just like your friend there?" she asked giving Hibiki a glare, the question seemed to catch Mason off guard, but after a moment he shook his head. "No ma'am, I've got 3 pokemon." he said looking down at his belt where his three pokeballs sat. The gym leader nodded and smirked slightly. Mason figured it was best not to send out his Mankey first as the response of his new pokemon would be rather unpredictable- "Go Bubbles!" he yelled as the Squirtle jumped from his arms onto the field and Odessa once again let out her Rattata.
Odessa gave little time for Mason to prepare, she was obviously not in the mood for another battle, as she launched the battle off with a Quick attack.
"Withdraw!" Mason called out to his companion who shrunk into his shell and took the attack,
"Quick attack again!" the gym leader was persistent, and Mason honestly knew Bubble's slowness was a huge disadvantage
"Alright Bubbles, counter with tackle!" he called out causing both pokemon to collide and fly across the field in separate directions. The normal type looked much more damaged than the Squirtle though, and that's when it hit Mason- if he just kept countering Odessa then Bubble's strong defense will pull him through leaving Rattata in the dust.
"Tackle-" he heard the gym leader call out, so he went ahead and countered with tackle. The Rattata seemed to take damage form the attack yet it still managed to latch it's massive teeth around the front of Squirtle's shell. "Check mate-" Mason grinned before Bubble's shot a strong blast of water at the rat.
"Don't get cocky kid," the older girl grinned as she gestured towards her pokemon who had just narrowly escaped Squirtle's water gun. A chill was sent down Mason's back, he hadn't even seen the pokemon move. Maybe he wasn't ready for this, he watched his companion so beat up it couldn't stand up straight before shaking his head with a determined huff. "Bubble! Then use Water gun again-" Mason outstretched a finger which proposed his undeniable victory against the gym Leader. And sure enough after being slowed by the bubble's the mouse type could not evade Bubble's second round of beaming water- it had fainted. Mason too was panting as he gestured the Squirtle back to him- he patted Bubble's with a grin and mumbled a few words to him.
"Hey, it's not break time!" Odessa called out causing Mason to look up before standing up, returning Squirtle for hopeful later use, and sending Bulls-eye onto the field, next to be sent out was a Spearow. The Pidgey flew spirals around the gym before landing on the field with a competitive glare in it's eyes.
Bulls-eye couldn't wait to start the battle, as he fluffed his feathers and let out an eager caw- "Alright then, let's kick this off with Sand attack!" Mason commanded as the Pidgey mustered a storm of dirt upon the gym floor, but the Spearow didn't seem to badly affected. It took Mason a moment to realize that his opponent had countered his attack with gust-, "Quick attack!" he called out hurriedly as Spearow launched at Bulls-eye with a Fury Attack, but Mason's aviary companion easily dodged Spearow and attacked it's back.
"Pursuit-" Odessa nodded to her pokemon, and suddenly Mason froze. His eyes widened at the dark aura that surrounded the bird and at not reviving any support Pidgey was hit, his pokemon's cry caused Mason to snap from his trance and narrow his eyes. With a gulp Mason shook his head, "Now Bulls-eye, we'll end it." he muttered with a change of voice, "Sand attack. And dive into your storm!" the Pidgey looked slightly concerned but obeyed it's trainer as it began one with the raging gusts of sand. "Now! Quick attack!-" Mason yelled.
"Doge-" Odessa was too late as her Spearow was hit twice,
"Don't stop now- keep attacking!" Mason called and before the storm had even died down, Spearow rolled out of it, his body motionless and fainted.
Although Odessa seemed unphased, "Come on out Chansey, don't underestimate this one. We've learned form our battle with your friend." the gym leader smirked.
Mason scoffed, "If you've forgotten I've still got 3 pokemon." he shot back with more confidence than ever. "Bulls-eye let's hit them with a gust attack!" Mason nodded to his team member who shot a gust of wind at the Chansey.
"As if!" Odessa raised her brows as the Chansey used Defense curl and the Pidgey's attack hardly effected her but Bulls-eye was too fast to be caught by Chansey. So it went on and on with Bulls-eye attacking doing hardly any damage and then evading Chansey's move. The suddenly it all fell apart- "Screech!" Called the gym leader as her pokemon's scream brought Pidgey to the ground- "Double edge!" she quickly added. Mason couldn't believe that Odessa risked Chansey's own health, but she did, and it worked for Pidgey was fainted at his feet. With a heavy sigh Mason accepted his pokemon but grinned at his ball- "You're amazing!" he chuckled before returning his attention to the battle.
"You're up again Bubbles!" he stated as his already injured Squirtle took the field. "Tackle!" he commanded as the Squirtle launched itself at Chansey, successful hit but the next double slap took out Mason's second pokemon.
"No." he mumbled as he returned Squirtle and gave a weak smile to his ball before attaching it to his belt and grabbing his lat ball. Crossing his fingers he sent out the Mankey who seemed rather confused. "Alright Fighter, they're the bad guys." Mason nodded- then suddenly Fighter screeched and ran at Mason yet a subtle slap to the back of his head caused the angry pokemon to turn and eyed Chansey.
"Oh come on, it doesn't even know who it's opponent is." Odessa huffed, "What a waste of time." she muttered causing Mason to grow red.
"I came here to win- and I don't care how I do it!" he told the gym leader, as the Mankey sprang at Chansey and low-kicked it, tripping the pokemon and causing it to whimper.
Odessa raised her eyebrows and grinned at Mason- "Prove it!" she told him before giving Chansey another command to use Minimize. Soon after the Chansey came after Fight with a hard double edge, and although the Mankey dodged he didn't expect Odessa's pokemon to come and hit it form behind. Hardly able to stand fight got to his knees and winced,
"You don't have to listen to me, but listen to yourself." Mason growled at Fighter who narrowed his eyes in hatred, "And get up! You can't just sit there and be beaten, show these guys what you are made of with a Karate Chop!" he now yelled. And sure enough Fighter stood Chansey ran at her opponent in the form of a tackle but was met but Fighter's forceful chop. The Chansey wobbled for a moment before falling over and a huge sigh released from Mason who sank to his knees. "We did it!" he cheered to Fighter who scoffed and sat down before being returned.
"Thankyou so mu-" Mason was cut off by Odessa's action of shoving the badge at him,
"Whatever, but remember how close you came to loosing." he huffed.\
Mason didn't mind ending off on that, running up to Hibiki with an excited smile he advanced to high-five his friend before slamming open the doors. "First badge!" he yelled out into the open and ignored the looks of concerned strangers, "Well on our way." he nodded.

(OOC: If I've forgotten to mention, Mason had something really against dark types)

Stephan stomped around the tied up Beige, Beige letting off a small squeal.

"I don't know what you want from me...but...I...I'll get out of this!!" Beige screamed.

Stephan laughed. "You thought you could get away from me?"

"What are you, some kind of...assassin for Red?" Beige asked.

"No, i'm simply one of his..." Stephan started talking again but his voice died down as he heard the rustling of the bushes. Stephan proceeded to inspect with his bug catcher goons, leaving the gigantic Pinsir in front of Beige.

The Pinsir circled Beige and dropped it's eyebrows. It slashed at Beige's face, causing a bloody scar to appear in a diagonal position on his forehead. Beige felt so much pain that his eyes watered.

Outside of the green archway, a girl of about Beige's age, went for a stroll. She had noticed the strange archway that was covered with bushes and countless trees. She narrowly avoided the endless streams of Metapods and Kakunas that were hanging from these trees, ducked her head and popped her head out. The girl had a tendancy to see things others could not see-the things which stood out in life, such as the position where Beige was being held. She saw Beige tied up and cut the rope that he was tied with, using a small knife.

Beige was shocked. "Wait...who are you...why are you helping me?"

"I saw this place and I was like, what the heck is this place doing here?" She said. "I stumbled across it, that's all. You looked like you needed help from some of the nasty bug catchers you can find here." She looked up and saw the giant Pinsir charge at her. The Pinsir had taken a nap during this time and had awoken visciously. The girl tossed out a pokeball and a Bulbasaur appeared.

"Sleep powder, then tackle, then vine whip!" The girl ordered. The Bulbasaur fired a deadly powder towards the Pinsir, causing the Pinsir to go to sleep. Bulbasaur then pounced on the Pinsir and hit it continuously with the vines coming from its body. Pinsir fell to the ground and fainted.

"Thanks!" Beige exclaimed, getting up.

Beige grabbed his pokemon in their pokeballs from a container Stephan had placed on the ground. Beige sent out Skull the Cubone. Suddenly, a large group of Weedles and Caterpies attacked Beige. They all jumped up and tackled Skull or fired Poison Sting attacks at the bone pokemon. The girl had her Bulbasaur attack these pokemon again. Once all the Caterpies and Weedles were on the floor and fainted, Bulbasaur grabbed each one of the bug catchers and strangled them, until they were unconscious.

"Those bug catchers tied you up." The girl said. "They seem different to ones I normally see around here. They're normally friendly towards most travellers but the key thing is that they hate the Enforcers."

"You know about the Enforcers?" Beige asked.

"Of course I do." The girl responded.

"If they normally hate Enforcers, does that mean..."

"That large man I saw you with, what was his name?"

"He called himself Stephan." Beige said.

"I've done some research into the Enforcers and...it's safe to say that he's a high ranking Enforcer, a commander, if you like."

"I see. Do you see where he went?"

"I think I saw him run to Pewter City. We should be safe now. After all, forests are my favourite places!"

Regaining his breath, Beige looked at the girl. She had long brown hair, although it seemed to be cut recently. She wore a white hat with crimson and green rings around it. She also sported a white and red skirt with green spirals coming from a green and turquoise top. She wore white and red trainers and white long socks.

"Who are you?" Beige asked.

"I am called Leaf." She said.

"My name's Beige. I changed it so that the Enforcers wouldn't find me, but...it looks like they did!"

Leaf giggled. "The Enforcers...I'm not so sure about now! I thought I could trust them but..." Then Leaf looked at Beige's face. "You must of done something to offend them. Don't worry, I won't tell you on them. You're safe with me!"

The two of them seemed to walk for ages through the forest until the gang of bug catchers found Beige. One of them, who led the group, stared at Beige.

"You! We thought we had lost you! That stupid Enforcer guy knocked you out cold! I was going to help you and have my guys attack him, but he overwhelmed us with his Pinsir. It took down most of us. It's sad to say that our old leader died. Good to see you're okay!"

"Thanks." Beige reponded. He hadn't expected them to appear, let alone be nice to him.

"We were thinking, we could make you our honorary leader. But it's not like you could be here 24/7, so I thought I could lead the gang in the forest and then you could call upon us whenever you need us! We've seen the true nature of the Enforcers over the years and this is the last straw! That man, their leader, he shows the true nature of those Enforcer bastards."

"Thank you..." Beige said.

"Normally, though, our leader has to have a bug type pokemon on them. So, what I be thinking is that you go and catch one!"

"I believe I was going to do that." Beige responded. "Let's take...that Weedle!" Beige spotted the Weedle in the tall grass and approached it. He chased it down, as the pokemon was very fast and reponsive towards Beige's movements. Finally, Beige chased the pokemon down to a dead end and threw a poke ball at the pokemon and caught it.

Karma sigh once again, as she jumped down the branch. Seven followed her "You alright?" Karma nodded "Let's go we just wasted our time here." The duo made there way out of the Route and into Pewter City. "How about we rest in the Pokémon Center?" Karma shrugged "Sure."

Beige smiled at the poke ball that contained his new Weedle. Leaf was impressed, but she didn't try to express it. After talking to the Bug Catcher Chieftain, Beige and Leaf made their way to route 2, which was south of Pewter City, avoiding the hordes of Metapod and Kakunas that dangled from the huge trees. They hadn't quite entered the top of route 2 just yet-split pathway was in front of them: three odd passageways.

"I say we go to this way!" Leaf commented. Beige trusted her and followed. An Enforcer was on the road ahead of them. He turned around.

"Oh sh-" Beige whispered. Leaf's body froze and so did Beige's. When the Enforcer walked up to Leaf, Beige dived under the bushes on the path beside them.

The Enforcer spotted Leaf. As his eyes saw her, he jumped. "What's a girl like you doing out in the forest?" The tall man asked.

"Nothing. I was on my way to...Pewter City to...challenge the gym!" She said, enthusiastically.

"Have you seen a guy that looks like this person?" The man asked. He showed her a poster. All that was on the poster was a box with Beige's face drawn inside of it and a large title saying 'wanted-Pokemon Trainer Beige.1 million pokedollars to anyone who finds him.'

"I don't believe I have, sir." Leaf responded. She looked around to find Beige. She hadn't seen him dive down.

"This young man's been stealing pokemon and getting other Enforcers killed." The Enforcer said. "If you do find him, tell me. We're looking for him. Thank you for your time." The Enforcer then marched off in a different pathway.

Then, there came a rustling sound as Beige popped his head out of the bushes. The Enforcer turned round and ran towards him, throwing a poke ball out that sent a Mankey to attack. The Mankey became enraged and dashed towards Beige and Leaf just stood there. "There! You were hiding there all along!" The Enforcer roared, but his voice was cut off by a large buzzing sound.

Beige lept out of the bushes, as to avoid the Mankey. The Mankey got what was coming for him, as a horde of Beedrill came from a hive that was in the bushes. It had become apparent that this Beedrill hive had fallen out of it's normal place from a tree nearby and into the massive bush Beige had hid himself in. The hive was behind where he was hiding and so Beige didn't notice it at first. It seemed like there were a hundred Beedrill at first. Beige and Leaf ran together to get away, the Beedrill horde still chasing them and buzzing faster and faster. Beige looked back and saw that the Enforcer, along with his Mankey, were both lying on the forest floor. The Mankey had been knocked out by the Beedrills and the man had been severely injured by their poisonous attacks.

Beige and Leaf both breathed a huge sigh of relief as they entered Route 2 and ran into Pewter City and they looked back at the enterence to see the Beedrill had gone. Leaf gave Beige a strange look and then they both laughed.

"We better heal up at the pokemon centre!" Leaf said to Beige. They hadn't talked for a while. Beige followed Leaf.

"Well that was fun. Do you want to join me on a journey around the region to battle the league?" Beige asked, as they entered the pokemon centre. Beige liked Leaf a lot. Leaf seemed to know a bit about the Enforcers already and how they weren't the 'protectors' of the region, yet she still seemed positive, sweet and unknowing to a deeper lie that was not being seen.

"Yes!" Leaf shouted, enthusiastically.

Back in Viridian City, Hibiki and Mason emerged from the gym, slapping a high-five as they re-entered into sunlight. Hibiki found that he had an enormous grin plastered on his face, which had come the moment Odessa's Chansey fell to Mason's Fighter. It was strange; his own victory brought out a slight happiness at best. But upon witnessing his friend's success, an earnest surge of joy had taken him over.

Perhaps the triumphs of life were, in themselves, of less importance than sharing in them with others.

"How awesome is this?" Hibiki beamed, as they returned to the Pokemon Center. "We've each got a badge now! Technically speaking, if we were to go to the Pokemon League entrance, the first gatekeeper would have to let us through."

Mason laughed. "We could technically tell everyone we beat the leader of the eighth gym."

"Yeah." Hibiki handed his two pokeballs over to the resident Chansey. "IF she really is the eighth gym leader. I'm still in doubt about that." The smile returned to his face. "Either way, I've seen neither hide nor hair of Beige, and meanwhile we're climbing up the ladder in the world. This calls for a celebration dinner!"

Mason looked at him eagerly. "What'd you have in mind? Not canned stuff again, I hope."

"Oh, nothing but the best meal there is for our money." Hibiki winked, giving him a thumbs-up. "The Golden Arches."

Twenty minutes later, the two trainers walked up the road with their pokemon in tow, munching on McNuggets, overcooked burgers, and undercooked fries. Hibiki had gotten a Happy Meal with his order, so that he could feed his herbivore Nidoran the organic apple slices. Fighter had nabbed the toy- a plastic figurine of Red's Mega Charizard- and was busy pulling off the wings and head. It would be some time before they reached Viridian Forest ahead, and so they walked and talked, savoring the peace.

"Man, it feels like just yesterday that we started our pokemon journey," sighed Hibiki, slurping on his orange drink.

Mason snickered. "It WAS yesterday."

"Oh. Yeah. In that case, it feels like it was years ago. I wonder what became of that girl with the Bulbasaur?" Hibiki tilted his head in thought. "Come to think of it, there was another guy who got Charmander, like I did. I never got either of their names, but they just seem to have vanished. It kinda gets me wondering if there were others that we never saw in the first place."

Mason shook his head. "I dunno. I remember them too, but nobody else before or after."

Hibiki shrugged. "I guess the Professor would know. But whether or not we ever see them again, they all took up the journey." He looked up at the sky overhead, just as the first trees of Viridian Forest began to obscure the sun. "Y'know, to be perfectly honest, I don't really know why I'm doing this. My brother thought it would be good for me, and I guess it has been pretty fun so far, but . . . I don't even know what's waiting for me at the end. It's not like anyone can truly call themselves the 'Pokemon Master' while Red's secure in that title."

He looked over at Mason. "Maybe you can shed some light. Why'd you take up the Pokemon Journey?"

A group of bug catchers jumped out of the bushes near Mason and Hibiki. "Halt!" One of the bug catchers shouted. "What business do you go on?" There were a horde of them with nets and they all surrounded Mason and Hibiki.

"We're the bug catcher tribe of Viridian Forest. If you're an Enforcer, or an Enforcer sympathiser, we're gonna teach you a lesson!" One of the bug catchers exclaimed.

Another bug catcher walked around Hibiki and Mason, inspecting their clothing. "They probably are Enforcers, in disguises." He joked.

One more individual bug catcher danced round the two boys. "You know, we shouldn't be judging them like that." He said to the other bug catchers. "One of the trainers who recently passed by got captured by a high ranking member of the Enforcers. He convinced a few of us to leave...those idiots be doing Red's stupid wishes..."

(OOC-Audio book note: Jamaican accent for the bug catchers with text that shows an abbreviation which says 'be'!)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
-Timeskip to after Chris reaches Viridian City-
"Let's see what I got. A Rattata, and a Pidgey. Well, I guess it's not like there was much else. The Pokédex that Karma gave me said catching Pidgeys was supposed to be a test for beginner trainers, but I guess even if it is weak it was helpful. It got me my third Pokémon at least so that's good. I don't think they'll be that useful for the gym, though. Oh well, at least Inferno got stronger because of training him," Chris thought. He was right outside the Pokémon Center after healing his Pokémon. He found a few amount of trainers near the end of Route 1 which gave him Pokéballs after he defeated them. Of course, he threatened to burn them with Inferno if they didn't give it to him, but it doesn't matter. It's not like he was actually going to do it, but it was a humorous experience for Chris and he didn't think he would meet those trainers again.

He pulled out the Town Map he got from the Pokémon Center and saw that there were two other routes connecting to Viridian City. He started heading to the Pokémart to be some supplies. Luckily, Karma's money and the money of one of the trainers got him two Pokéballs. As he headed towards Route 22 he noticed a store. "Hmm, maybe since they worked hard for me I can get my Pokémon something," he thought. Chris entered the store and got some bread for Pidgey, cheese for Rattata and some meat for Inferno. He released his Pokémon which looked at him in confusion. "Eat up. I don't have money for my own food, but this is the best I could do for you guys. You better enjoy it 'cuz we got a long day of work ahead of us," he said. His Pokémon looked at him in a different way from then. They didn't see their trainer as a partner or master, but as a friend. All three surrounded Chris lovingly. In response, he blushed and said,"Come on, we gotta go soon," while laughing.

The Pokémon finished their snacks and they all started heading for Route 22. Chris only had one Pokéball left, so he wanted to make sure it was useful. His Pokémon fought some Rattatas and then they found a new Pokémon. Chris grinned in excitement. He pulled out his Pokédex which identified the Pokémon as,"Spearow, the Tiny Bird Pokémon. Its short wings make it inept at flying. It moves about hurriedly and pecks at Bug-type Pokémon in the tall grass." Chris sent out Inferno. "Spearow, huh? Another flying-type might be useful for the team. Prepare to be caught!"

Beige and Leaf stopped when they came out of the pokemon centre. A huge parade had was taking place as hordes of Enforcers in rich chaos black uniform and shoulder padding marched through Pewter City's streets. They saluted loyal citizens and the citizens saluted back. The march ended when a large cart pushed through the crowds. It was an expensive, royal looking, with red and pink colouring. It had no wheels-it was being carried on all four ends by Enforcers. They made sure there was at least two Enforcers each end carring the support poles which came out horizontally from the vehicle. They dropped the cart at Pewter City Museum-an old large building with massive arches, covered in yellow bricks. A speaker from inside the cart played a loud piece of music. It started with strings and trumpets building up for a crescendo. The suspense was added as groups of Enforcers started to add to the trumpet song. Then, the crescendo ended and suddenly a slightly different song played. This had electronic drums playing slightly faster than Andante walking speed tempo with the trumpets playing a catchier song and an electronic keyboard could be heard in background. Suddenly, out of the cart, Red appeared in a red and black hoodie. He swaggered out like some kind of gangster. He pushed back his hood to reveal a red suncap. All at once, every single Enforcer that was in Pewter City knelt down, as to address him, like some kind of king.

"Holy Shi-" Beige muttered. He kept his voice down as he saw Red appear but was shocked that Red and so many Enforcers were there. Beige tried to slip back into the pokemon centre. Leaf looked back to see Beige gone. She pulled him out of the pokemon centre. "You don't understand." Beige whispered. I can't be caught."

Red stood on a pedestal and spoke into a microphone. It was the first time he had spoken in public for years and Red wasn't known for speaking much, yet he aimed to show the people of Kanto he was not a shy ruler. His speach was to praise the Enforcers for their hard work over the years. It ended by saying that a certain few do not support him enough and that they are a threat to the Kanto region. He described a boy with a sandy cap that was seen murdering four Enforcers a few days ago. Beige gulped but Leaf didn't see Beige as the one who would fit the description. Beige managed to sneak back into the pokemon centre towards the end of the speach but they were playing Red's speach on repeat on a news channel shown on TVs around the centre.

As the Enforcer horde marched out of Pewter City Beige sighed. It looked like the Enforcers wouldn't catch him today, at least. The Enforcers marched on to Cerulean City with Red, and then Vermillion, all in the space of a few hours.

Mason listened to Beige with the tilt of his head, he looked down at Bubble's who still rested in his arms. It seemed the starter preferred to be carried- he allowed the question to sink into his mind and his orange gaze seemed unphased by the question at first. He then shrugged, "I mean it's not about where we'll end up, it's all about the journey. I've never really thought to hard about it, ya know? Does it really matter about what's ahead of us, so far I've got everything I wanted- pokemon to look up to me and make me stronger, challenges to help me show that I can do my very best, and a friend to look out for me- of course I'd look after you as well." he chuckled the last part. A sigh escaped Mason's lips, "We've all got something to prove, right? Sometimes we don't even know what we're trying to prove until we prove it-" he looked back at the band of pokemon who followed the trainers before nodding, "But if you really think there's a dead-end, then let's make the road down the best possible trip it can me!" he cheered.
A part of him knew better, in all honesty he was looking for answers too. Answer's as to his father's disappearance, but that was his burden one that he didn't feel needed to be shared. For in the most likely of cases he was struck down by a wild pokemon, or a bandit- Mason tried not to think about it, he hoped that wasn't the dark force that was actually driving him. He rubbed Bubble's bare head and blinked his attention back to Hibiki, "So what's your brother like?" he remembered about Gold and what the boy had said earlier, yet he still prodded with curiosity.
Before they knew it the pair had made it past Route 2 and were almost into the Viridian Forest. Inside many bug types roamed and he heard rumors of Pikachu that lived here. He wondered if they would make it all the way to Pweter before the day ran out.

(What's the rules on Shinies in this RP?)

It's about the journey. Not its end.

Mason's words intrigued Hibiki, but he had no time to ponder them. Before he could even answer about Gold, a sudden rustling of bushes sounded all around them. A moment later, they were surrounded by a motley gang of straw-hatted youths brandishing nets. They weren't very organized though, as each shouted to be heard over the other. Something about "what's your business here" and "gonna teach you a lesson."

Well, crap, he thought. We just walked into a Vietnamese ambush.

"
They're probably Enforcers in disguises," said one of the nearer Bug Catchers, leaning close to get a good look at Mason's face. In spite of the near danger, Hibiki felt himself growing hot-tempered. "Just what the hell is this?" he demanded, and the bug catchers' voices receded somewhat. "We're still in Viridian jurisdiction; this isn't private property! Where do you asshats get off stopping random people on the road? Can't a couple of guys eat McDonald's in peace?"

One of the taller boys turned upon his companions. "You know, we shouldn't be judging them like that," he began in a Jamaican accent. Hibiki didn't wait for the rest. "Y'know what? Judge all you want, I don't care, but get out of my face. You're bug users. I own a fire-breathing lizard. Do the math."

Another Bug Catcher snapped his fingers, and a Pinsir loomed up from behind a berry bush, casting a shadow upon Mason. Hibiki stiffened, and his walking stick dropped from his hand and thunked to the ground. The Bug Catcher gave a bark of humorless laughter. "You think you're a tough guy? Please. We've been here since before Red's balls dropped. It's always the same story with you newbies; you think you're all big and bad because you've got ONE gym badge, and you expect that the biggest threat we'll throw at you is a lowly caterpillar or worm. But never, let's say, a giant stag beetle that could slice your body in half."

The Pinsir clashed its horns. Hibiki's face went white, and the other Bug Catchers gave each other knowing smiles. The speaker continued, himself smiling. "Cheer up. The fact that you're reacting that way tells me that you're probably not Enforcers." His smile faded. "But I still want to make sure you're not spies for them."

Hibiki took in a long breath and let it out, then slowly bent to pick up his walking stick. "Look, man," he said, struggling to keep an even voice. "We're just trying to get to Pewter City, okay? Nobody wants this to get ugly, but . . . I guarantee you that if anything happens to us, bigger and stronger pokemon than that Pinsir WILL come looking here first. We're talking a Typhlosion that could burn down this whole forest with one breath." He gripped his stick tightly with white knuckles. "It will not end well for you. So please, I implore you: have a little foresight, and let us pass. You can have a guy walk with us the whole way to make sure we don't spy out the number of fallen leaves on the ground, or whatever it is you're afraid we'll do."

He cast a withering glare over the group of Bug Catchers, ice in his eyes. "Can we be on our way, then?"

The bug catchers hesisitated, but then moved to the side, leaving a path for Hibiki and Mason. "Go now." One of them said. "Before we change our minds."

The bushes rustled as the swarm of Beedrill that had attacked Beige and Leaf, emerged. They locked on the humans. The bug catchers tried to battle them using their pokemon, but found the Beedrills were too strong. The bug catchers bailed out and started to run. "Run!" One of the bug catcher cried. Most of the bug catchers were too slow to avoid the Beedrills and they got stung by the poisonous attacks and most of them fell to the ground.

(OOC: Shinies can be countered in this RP, but it should be rare and hard to find them)

Alright thanks)

Mason was frozen as his partner spoke, despite the fact that he was surrounded by these bug catchers the scariest part to him was this new side of Hibiki. Hibiki was never exactly light-hearted but it seemed something had just snapped inside of him, Bulls-eye eagerly eyed the bugs and Fighter too was rather hyped for a fight but it seemed Hibiki's hardened words got them out of the situation. He scoffed at the bug-catcher's persistent threats even after letting the trainers through but he simply walked quietly behind Hibiki eyes still wandering the forest. What did enforcers have to do with a random group of bug catchers? Even worse what if they had been caught- what did that organization do when they found enforcers? He shook the thoughts away but his mind was soon filled with a new pest, a buzzing sound from behind him.
It wasn't until the yells of the bug catcher sprung from their lungs that Mason turned only to find himself staring at a massive hoard of angered Beedrill. Seeing many of the men down on the floor reminded Mason of the scene from the begging of his journey, after Beige and the girl had attacked those enforcers. And this time, he didn't plan on running. Pivoting to face the bug types which there seemed to be less of now he took a firm stance, even if they did run and manage to escape the Beedrills- they would just be leaving a trap for the next set of trainers that came in. He remembered what Hibiki had earlier mentioned about it being better to live and fight another day but Mason simply couldn't agree, "If I'm going down, I'm going down in glory!" he yelled and tried to force a smile although he couldn't wipe the expression of uncertainty from his face. The Beedrills didn't stop though when Mason's pokemon all stepped out infront of him so Mason knew he'd have to get their attention. "Bubbles Water gun! Fighter Karate Chop! And Bulls-eye use Gust!" he yelled as both the Pidgey and Squirtle sent out a wave of watery wind and Mankey flew up to chop one Beedrill's face.
If each trainer took on half the Beedrills then Mason would only have to face about 10, and both Pidgey and Charamander are super effective to the bug-types. Yet it seemed the commotion had brought up the attention of a few more Beedrill, they could still win. Right?

Some of the angry Beedrills in the horde got damaged by the attacks, with the weaker ones falling to ground after the super-effective gust attack from Bulls-eye. The ones still remaining became more enraged and a split group curved round behind Mason's line of sight and zoomed forwards.

Beige and Leaf went around Pewter City. Leaf wanted to go sight seeing. The two of them entered Pewter City's museum, where they saw many fossils. The pair were exiting the museum when they saw a mob of ordinary citizens in a mass rally. It was a large crowd of working class and middle class adults and young people. A brown haired man with glasses and an orange jumper ran to the front of the crowd. Banners and signs waved in the air saying 'Down with Red.' The young man took off his glasses.

"Hello folks and welcome to our demonstration rally." The man began. "As you are aware, I am Billy, the gym leader of this city. 5 years ago, my oldest brother, Brock, who was also the gym leader of this town went missing. The media and the Enforcers said that Brock had gone missing randomly, but this is not the case. Last week, I discovered a piece of evidence crucial to finding him. It was a memo from Pewter City Hotel. It stated that Brock had gone to the hotel but had not checked out. I went to the hotel and inspected the grounds to find a room containing a chair with DNA of Brock's blood!" The crowd gasped. "Also, as we have been told, Forrest, one of my other brothers had DNA in that same room. I also found the locations of dead bodies of my other siblings-Salvadore in Pallet Town, Yolanda in Mount Moon, Tommy on Route 22, Cindy on Cinnabar Island and Suzie in Vermillion City! The Enforcers have been lying to us! They arrested and murdered each of my older siblings because they were onto the same thing I am onto-that everything we have been told about was a lie!" The crowd raised their banners in a riot then a loud crashing sound could be heard as the Enforcers entered, each sending out their pokemon to attack those in the crowd who would leave. They arrested each one of the members of the crowd. Billy was horrified. Billy sent out his Geodude in a fit of rage and tried to go down the stone stairs of the museum. He heard another crash as a piece of the stone on the museum fell down. He emerged from the rubble successfully, as his Geodude lifted the pieces of stone on the floor. Billy then escaped to his gym, locked the door and hid in a secret passage, breathing a sigh of relief. He looked in the mirror of the bathroom in his study room. His eyes were filled with tears. In a secluded backyard of the museum, the arrested mob members stood, chained to the floor. Noone could see them. A Charizard flew down from the sky and gave a mighty roar, before unleashing a viscious flamethrower attack on the prisoners. They all burned and incinerated to death.

Hibiki had every intention of running from the Beedrill swarm, the moment it had burst from the ground. Within him was a different kind of panic than that he'd felt when he had faced down the gang of Bug Catchers. They, at least, were humans who could be reasoned with and intimidated by words. But a swarm of Beedrill was a force of nature, uncompromising, focused only on driving away any perceived threats. If possible, they could- and would- sting him to death if they caught up.

And yet, even as Hibiki crouched to bolt, Mason did an about-face beside him, spinning to face the oncoming swarm directly. He pointed with his finger, shouting commands to his pokemon as the first couple of bees came within striking distance. Hibiki grabbed his arm, ready to drag him off by force if necessary.

"Dude! Are you insane? There is NO glory in getting our asses killed here by a swarm of angry insects!"

Mason threw his arm off, glaring at him with fierce resolve. "There's more to it than that! People come through this forest constantly, and risk constant danger for it. But nobody ever does anything about these aggressive bugs, not even the Bug Catchers. I don't want to look back on this day with shame; I want to be a trainer who made the difference!"

The selflessness of Mason's words struck Hibiki, overcoming even his rational urge to run. The kid was going to make his stand. There was no way Hibiki could let him stand alone, now.

"Charmander!" he ordered. "Create a smokescreen! We need to deter as many Beedrill reinforcements as we can!" He snapped his gaze to Nidoran. "If words are useless here, let's strike some primal fear into their feral hearts. Use Growl!"

The next minute lasted as long as a lifetime. Mason pointed and directed his pokemon at the nearest Beedrill targets as they dive-bombed in, while Hibiki provided combat support. Smoke poured from Charmander's mouth, creating a black wall of murk that drove off new arrivals, leaving a remnant of stragglers that was almost manageable. Bubbles the Squirtle shot water pellets that grounded the Beedrills he couldn't reach, while the pokemon on the ground then leaped upon them with tooth, claw, and fist.

One of the Beedrills eventually wised up to the fact that the humans were behind the coordinated efforts of the trained pokemon. Hibiki had his staff upraised in one hand, and a Repel-spray streaming in the other. Mason, however, stood unguarded. It dove at him, both drill-arms extended, intent to puncture his eyes out with a Twinneedle attack.

Mason narrowed his gaze, it seemed these Beedrill were smarter than he expected. As time passed a few of them were able to dodge the few moves that his pokemon knew- and unknowing to him soon he was surrounded. He hadn't even noticed his partner's use of Repel and just assumed the Beedrill wouldn't go after him, but his quickly shifting gaze form his pokemon to the opponents missed the swift movements of a Beedrill who he didn't have time to react towards as it's drills were near inches form his face. But suddenly a blur of brown blocked the path between Mason's face and the aggressive pokemon's attack. Bulls-eye wouldn't normally be affected by the attack, but do to the exposing angle he was at and the closeness of the Beedrill's move the Pidgey was sent flying backwards and rolling along the dirt.
Mason didn't have time to even respond, he was too slow. His pokemon's body lay fainted in the dirt a few feet from the rest of his team because he was an idiot. Yet the Rather than moving on to another member of Mason's team several of the Beedrill went in to attack the defenseless bird- as one of the Bug types flew up and dove down with extended drills for a strong Fury Attack but it was interfered by a rock. A puny pebble in comparison to the large pokemon yet Mason's gaze was not one of fear now, he held another rock in his palm as before tossing it directly at the Beedrill again.
The pokemon was fortunately distracted long enough for Fighter to take it out with a strong kick. Mason then took the opening to dive for his injured pokemon and cover the flying-type's now fragile body. Bulls-eyes features were slowly turning a purple color as the poison spread through it's body. The numbers were falling of the viscous bug types but as Mason looked up another Beedrill who was hiding behind the trainers launched a wave of purple liquid at Mason who refused to move- as he accepted the poison of the Beedrill's Venoshock he honestly didn't feel anything at all.
It wasn't until seconds later that a shocking sensation took over Mason's body, his orange gaze widened and he spat out a solemn curse before the pain ended causing him to sputter up a cluster of spit. Panting Mason rubbed his throbbing head and fought the urge to fall asleep- who would be be to force Hibiki and his pokemon to fight, when he couldn't even take one hit. Mason fumbled with Bulls-eye's pokeball before evading another swooping Beedrill, "Bubble" he rasped as the Squirtle shot a cluster of bubbles to slow the remaining Beedrills. It appeared that Hibiki's Repel was wearing off as well. At that point Mason was unable to count whatever remained of the enemies, yet he managed to stand and walk over to a tree. Where he leaned beside Hibiki and puffed out his cheeks and closed his eyes. Then a flash blinded Mason- was it the light? Was he dying?
To the young trainer's surprise the light faded to expose a small yellow rodent, it must've been awoke by the ruckus. It seemed vaguely familiar yet Mason couldn't make it out through his blurry vision or the pounding sensation in his head- the strange pokemon was vast though and it seemed smarter than it's Beedrill opponents.

The Beedrill horde were now very confused. Attacks from both sides had cut their group into half. The Smokescreen meant half of this group fainted from hitting and attacking each other accidently. The remaining Beedrill group flew into a tree in the distance. They had enough of the trainers picking on them and their plan to bully the trainers out of their home had failed.

Beige peeked out of the pokemon centre to see the carnage and devestation left by the Enforcers. He had seen the whole incident. He went back into the pokemon centre to see TV screen displaying fake news. A female news reporter had twisted the incident. She was saying how the 'Pewter City Society Against Red,' as they were known as, had attacked the Pewter City Museum and destroyed several artifacts. The destroyed artifacts and a large hole in the top of the stone museum were shown. Beige knew this wasn't true and that it had all been made up. The Enforcers made the damages. Another news report stated that Brock had now been 'finally found' on One Island of the Sevii Islands. Brock was giving an interview where he was talking in a monotonous voice. He wore shades and sported a black cane. Beige only caught a few sentences from Brock.

"Well, some former Team Rocket members captured me and threw me into a house. They tied me up, you see, so I couldn't move, but luckily, Red sent some people to help me."

Beige doubted this was true. Brock being discovered just after a rally which was held in his name was a bit suspicious. Beige decieded to go to the Pewter City gym without telling Leaf.

Brock slowly walked towards the Pewter City gym. He knocked on the door. He was suprised to see his youngest sister, Tilly, who had blonde hair. She too was hiding in the gym.

"Tilly." Brock said robotically.

"Brock?! Is that you?" Tilly asked.

"Yes. Move to the side." Brock ordered. Tilly ran in to tell Billy but Brock pushed her towards a wall. Brock approached Billy.

"Brock's alive? That can't be true." Billy said, hearing Tilly. Brock entered the room and Billy jumped.

"Billy. You've done me a great injustice."

"What?!" Billy cried.

"You should be ashamed of yourself. Red is a good man." Then a Golem appeared next to Brock. "Golem, use explosion!"

"Nooo!!!" Billy screamed. The gym went down as pieces of concrete and bricks flew everywhere. Billy had tried to run away. He felt the clutches of a pokemon and saw boulders around him and looked up to see his loyal Onix. Onix had saved him. Now an angry Golem ran towards Billy's Onix. Billy's Onix hit it's tail several times at Golem. Golem went flying like a soccer ball towards the museum. The museum now had an even larger hole in it. Golem fell down. It had fainted. Billy looked around. He saw Tilly wounded amongst the rubble and pulled her up.

"Did they..." Tilly began.

"They must have..." Billy said.

"Brainwashed him? That's a possibility." A voice said. Billy looked over and saw a short boy in a light brown hoodie with a cap.

"You must be Billy, the gym leader around these parts." Beige said. "Look, I heard your speach and heard the truth, not what the TVs are sayin'."

"Who are you?" Billy asked.

"Name's Beige. I'm a pokemon trainer." He answered. "I'm against Red, like you." Beige whispered.

Beige wandered across the rubble. "I was walking up here when I saw 'Brock' come into your gym and the next thing I know, he's gone and blown up the place." Beige tried to lift a piece of rubble. "Would ya help me with this please?" The more muscular Billy came and lifted the rubble for Beige. Beige thanked Billy as Billy and Beige both saw the dead body of Brock.

"I think you'll find that this 'Brock' everybody's been excited about isn't the real deal..." Beige poked Brock's body with a stick. Brock's skin was so soft, but the texture was the same throughout and suddenly Brock's body transformed, as if it were made out of putty. Gazing on the transformation, both of them saw that it was a pink goo-a Ditto.

"That's not the real Brock. The authorities must have sent this Ditto along with the Golem to try and kill me!" Billy exclaimed.

"We are not safe here. Keep your voice down." Beige whispered. Beige poked the Ditto with a stick and it transformed into the body of Billy. "That should prove to be a distraction."

"We need to find some place to hid before the Enforcers come." Billy whispered. "Quick, I can see some coming."

"Let's go to the pokemon centre." Beige whispered. Beige, Billy and Tilly all ran silently to the back of the pokemon centre.

After a few hours of hiding in a back corner of the Pokemon Centre, Beige, Billy and Tilly were approached by Leaf.

"Don't worry, this girl's clean." Beige whispered.

"I'm Leaf and you are?" Leaf asked Billy and Tilly.

"Let's not do this." Beige responded. He grabbed Billy, Tilly and Leaf and forced them all outside.

"Let go of me!" Leaf shouted.

Beige ran into the nearby hotel. Billy and Tilly immediately followed him and Leaf was curious too so she came behind them. Beige rented a room under an anonymous name. He and the others took a lift to their room on the 5th floor of the building. Beige opened the door of the room and Billy and Tilly ran in.

"What is this all about?" Leaf asked.

"This." Beige said. He turned on the TV to show the destroyed rubble of the gym and he slammed the door firmly. The TV news said about a 'dead Brock' found in the rubbles of the gym. It stated that Billy had exploded the gym, causing the building to be destroyed and that a financial reward will be given should someone find the gym leader.

As the TV showed Billy's face, Leaf looked at him, initially horrified. "What...have you done?"

"This is not true!" Billy responded. "It was Brock...no, I mean-"

"It wasn't him." Both Beige and Tilly said at the same time.

"The Enforcers set Billy up. Brock isn't really alive!" Beige whipped out a container which had a small pink blob in it. "Brock was a Ditto decoy. They didn't actually 'find' him. Red's minions murdered him years ago, along with most of Billy's other siblings. Use your head! The Enforcers are trying to play mind games!"

Leaf was shocked. She stood there, frozen, for quite a while, trying to add things up.

Hibiki let out a long breath of pent-up tension as he listened to the last of the Beedrills buzzing away. Then, shoving his empty Repel can in his pack, he tugged out two Antidote injection pens and hastened to Mason. "I hope you're not afraid of needles," he muttered, squeezing his arm until a vein appeared. "Hold still."

He emptied the syringe of one container, then coughed a little as some of Charmander's smoke drifted in their direction. "That should counteract the poison. Geez . . . I thought they'd never go away. Seriously, Venoshock? What were those Beedrills, level 25? We are WAY out of our league in here."

Hibiki turned to Mason's fallen Pidgey with the other injector pen, stepping over the Pikachu who now was standing by watching them.

"H-hey!"

Further back in the foliage, some leaves were pushed aside, and a youthful man in an Enforcers uniform came into sight. He was grasping his left arm and breathing hard, his face a pale green. The man stumbled toward them, and Hibiki hurried to catch him before he fell. "Are you okay, buddy? Looks like you got stung too . . . how many times?"

"I don't know. Too many; everything's spinning in my vision." The policeman gave a gurgling cough. "I followed that Pikachu until I saw your smoke. Sorry, but do you have any more of those Antidotes?"

Hibiki turned to look back at Pidgey, then to the man in uniform. He sighed, and took his arm. "I only brought two. I was going to use the other on my friend's Pidgey, but it's obvious you need it more."

"Sorry," the Enforcer mumbled again, and Hibiki injected the medicine into the arm he had been holding.

"S'okay. I'm Hibiki, and that's Mason. You got a name?"

"Kei Setsuei. I was sent here on assignment to find someone."

Hibiki took notice of the yellow mouse that now sat at the center of the clearing, cleaning the back of its ear and looking quite unconcerned. "You mean the Pikachu? Is that why you were chasing it?"

"No, no." Kei waved his good arm. "I followed the Pikachu because they're supposed to be natural enemies of the Beedrill that live here. My Mankey fainted, so it was my best shot." He reached into his shirt and produced a slip of paper, with the words "WANTED. REWARD." in giant letters. "This guy. He was sighted around these parts, and sure enough, I ran into him just before the damn bees came out of the woodwork."

Hibiki's eyes widened as he caught sight of the portrait. There was no mistaking who that was. Apparently, Beige was still on the loose, doing only God knew what on his continued crime spree.

"Hey, Mason?" he called over his shoulder. "That guy from the other day who electrocuted those guards to death right in front of us- he's still out there! He's probably made it to Pewter City by now."

Kei's face darkened. "You know him?"

"Only enough to avoid him if we can," said Hibiki grimly. "But if Mason doesn't have a spare Antidote, we're going to need to make a run to Pewter anyway. His Pidgey's been poisoned, and it's only going to get worse."