• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Twisted Beige: Kanto journey with a twist! (RP)

What Did You Do To Snoke?

Previously Ratbag the Coward
After becoming the pokemon league champion of Kanto, Red has enslaved Kanto as it's ruler using propaganda, lies and violence, for 10 years after the original gen 1 games. Discussion: https://pokecharms.com/threads/poke...ey-with-a-twist-discussion.17666/#post-514790
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The wind breezed over Pallet town as a flock of Pidgeys flew over. The town had expanded with more buildings very much over the years as many were inspired to live here due to the champion, Red, originating from here. Red's original home had been transformed into a propaganda museum-people could go into the house to see what it was like. Red's mother had died recently, meaning Red owned the house. A large statue of the hero-Red, stood proudly in the centre. Professor Ash stood in the lab. Oak had died, but Ash had taken over his work. Red instructed Professor Ash specifically to give a certain group of young aspiring trainers to give starters to, but only a certain number, due to the fact starters were rare. The truth was that Red was concerned that too many people could mean too many people find out what is really going on here.

Karma sighed as she fiddle the tip of her side bangs which covers half of her face, it was a habit she had develop since she was a child. She heard her bedroom door open and she doesn't need to turn to see who it was "Well, when are you leaving?" She sigh, why isn't she surprise, her mother always wanted to get rid of her. She stood up and grabbed her indigo beret cap which has two Pokéball badges and put her navy blue belt bag on. "Right now." She walked pass her mother who scoff "Finally, ya're out of my hair."

Karma walked towards the lab her head downcast as she replayed her mother's words. She chuckled "Why am I not surprise?" She mumbles as she looked at herself. She was wearing an indigo sweater dress, black pantyhose, and indigo flats the only decent things her mother gave her. She sigh and continued her walked towards the lab.

"When they come, I want a full analysis of all the trainers of all the trainers." A strong bulky looking man said to Professor Ash in the lab, poking at his chest.

"Alright...just...lay off me!" Professor Ash exclaimed, jumping back.

"Fine!!" Yelled the man. "But the Enforcers will be back to check up on you. If you don't create a detailed analysis of each of the trainers and observe their flaws, the grand one, will kill you." He said.

"The grand one? Is that... what you're calling him now?"

Karma arrived at the lab, she knocked on it and waited patiently. She grabbed some sort of band that was hidden in her worned out black armwarmers, she was planning on giving this to her starter as a sign of there friendship. She frowned at the thought, it sounded so cliche that she wanted to cringe.

Suddenly another thought struck her "Where are the others?" She asked no one in particular as she looked around "Am I too early or are they just late?" She sigh before she shook her head and decided to just wait for the Professor to open the door so she could choose a starter.

The muscular man barged out of the door, swinging it wide open. He was obviously very aggressive. "What are you doing here?! Shouldn't you be in school? Oh wait, we don't have schools anymore, my bad!" He chuckled. Prior to Red becoming champion, schools in Kanto taught children from birth to about the age of 15 or 16. The leaving level went down evey year until, Red abolished schools to focus on pokemon.

"Name's Stephan. You should get outta my way next time!" He exclaimed, plodding past Karma.

"Do come in..." Professor Ash said to Karma, noticing her as Stephan had gone away. "I'm sorry about that man...we had tight history together..."

Karma flinched as the man swung the door open and all she could do is stare at him as he went on rambling about school. Her eyes followed the man as he walked away until she heard Professor Ash's voice. She walked in and offer a small smile "It's ok, he didnt do anything bad so its ok." She said softly as she looked up at the Professor "I'm Karma, and I'm here for my starter."

"Aren't you suprised to be seeing me instead of that blasted Samuel Oak?" Ash asked. "Most trainers expect to see the famous professor here, I mean, the billboard outside is a few years out of date." Ash walked over to a table with a number of pokeballs piling up. "Pick one of these three pokemon: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle?" He pointed to the table.

Mason pushed off of his mother who had hugged him for what seemed like the last hour- "Gee mom I'm coming back after I get my starter." Mason chuckled before looking up at her. His orange eyes sparkled at her praise before he walked out the door, his mother was very overprotective of her only child. Running a hand through his thick, bright blue hair Mason fastened his back-pack so it wouldn't bounce before he ran to the lab. Mason shoved the doors open with such force that it hit the wall before swinging back to a close, he winced but it did not dent his excitement. Seeing that there already was a girl picking her pokemon he ran to join her, he was unfamiliar with the professor there but his wide grin didn't show that and all he could do was focus on the pokeballs ahead of him, not even giving anyone and introduction.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chris finally woke up after only a few hours of rest. "I really shouldn't have stayed up that late... especially since now I have to get a Pokémon," he mumbled. Chris was amongst the oldest to begin a journey. He always tells his friends he's saving up money for his journey, but in reality his parents just want him to stay. After years of waiting, studying, and, best of all, partying, his parents decided he may begin his journey today, on his fifteenth birthday.

Chris proceeded to do his normal routine, brush his teeth, change clothes, fix his hair. Finally, he went downstairs to find his parents waiting for him with a huge smile indented on their faces. They were actually worried about their son, but they had to have confidence in him. Chris acknowledged their grins with a smirk and then said,"Well, today is finally the day." His parents nodded as they gave him a few parting gifts. "We know how much you dislike backpacks, so we decided to give you something that is way "cooler." It's a high-tech watch that can hold a near infinite amount of items and you can retrieve the items any time you wish," Chris's mother told him. Chris took the watch and put it on his left hand. After some fidgeting, Chris said,"I think I figured the thing out." Chris's father tapped the watch and selected the items menu. "We even put some extra things in already," he said. Chris thanked his parents and said goodbye. "It's just gonna be a fun journey, no reason to get worked up about it," he said noticing his parents weeping. "Oh I can't believe our little boy is finally growing up," his mother said. Chris blushed and replied,"C'mon you're embarrassing me! Anyways, see ya soon! Besides, this watch can call people so we'll keep in touch." His parents waved as Chris left the house and started heading towards the laboratory.

As he got closer he saw a girl getting pushed by a large man. Chris dodged him to avoid any disturbance. "I don't wanna get into any trouble before an hour of my journey even begins," he thought. He saw Professor Ash and remembered Pallet Town got a new professor. The night before he was actually pretty excited so he was reading and watching a lot of stuff about Pokémon. He heard in one of the commercial's that Professor Ash took Oak's place. He only heard Ash say a little bit of things when he entered. Chris decided to stay quiet and let the others pick their Pokémon first. "I hope my height doesn't attract to much attention by these guys," Chris thought.

Professor Ash saw the two newcomers. "Ah! More people whose parents have accepted my invitations!" He exclaimed. "Welcome! I am Professor Ash. Please choose one of the three starters here! After that I have something to give each of you."

In a darkened room somewhere in Viridian City a shadowy looking man with a cap stepped forward in front of Stephan."What did Emmanual say?" A cold and calculating voice asked Stephan.

"He had proceeded to invite the designated children to the lab." Stephan answered.

"You're lying!!!" The man exclaimed. He dug a knife into Stephan's hand. A large pokemon was ready to kill Stephan as well.

"Alright, alright! Ash invited sent some invitations to people who weren't on your approval list."

"What?! He inivited some people not on my approved list? That means some know it all children are going to discover what's really going on. Track down the children. Follow them around Kanto. Make sure they behave..."

"Yes master." Stephan replied.

Mason tapped his chin in thought as he attempted to recall the information on all the starters he had earlier researched on. But his mind buzzed with excitement and he could barely think straight. And Mason did not plan on waiting for the other's and being left with the last pokemon, he extended his tanned hand which he struggled to keep form shaking to a pokeball before picking it up. "I choose Squirtle!" he then declared with a smile, he rubbed the pokeball before looking up at the others. He wanted to see what they chose before he released his new companion.

Professor Ash handed Mason a poke ball with the starter in. "Good choice. What was your name again?" He asked. "And who wants to choose next?" He turned to the others.

The new gym leader of Viridian City looked upon Stephan. Stephan saw the gym leader in the shadows. He was short. He only looked about the age of between 14 and 16. He stepped out of the shadows. Stephan was shocked when he saw that the guy he had been talking to was not a guy at all, but a female. The girl wore the clothes of a youngster-she had a backwards cap that was blue and a yellow t-shirt. If she had been a guy, she would have been given the class 'youngster' by many. She wasn't tall for her age.

"You startled me there." She said. "Don't ever creep up on me like that again!"

"Sorry." Stephan said. "But I have a request from the master. Whether the children who are recieving their starters this year deciede to challenge you now, or wait until their 8th badge, make sure you check their movements throughout the whole town. I've got a lot of work to do. We've spotted a group of trainers south of Lavender Town and we wanna round 'em up. Me and the Enforcers will be doin' our work."

"Sure." The girl said, cooly.

"Thanks." Stephan said, walking away from her.

"And it's Odessa by the way!" She shouted over to him.

Karma hummed as she looked at the remaining Pokéballs before grinning like the child she is as she took her chosen Pokémon. "I choose Bulbasaur." She announced as she held up the Pokéball close to eye level. Finally a friend, her mother never allowed her to go outside except if she was ordered to buy some things in the market, it's nice to actually have someone to call as a friend. She blinked as she realized that there were one more person that will choose there starter. Curious she looked at the others to watched.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chris smiled at Mason's choice. "Yes, this might be I can get Bulbasaur!" he thought excitedly. He hoped the strange Pokémon wouldn't be picked, and that Karma would choose the more popular starter, Charmander. When he saw her beginning to move her hand to Bulbasaur's Pokéball, his smile transformed to a frown. "God dammit. Whatever, I like challenges. Charmander will provide just that in training him. I wonder if... no. Even if I can get Bulbasaur someone already got him. I don't wanna seem like a copycat," he thought. Chris reached to get Charmander's Pokéball and put it in his belt. He turned away from the others and waved his right hand. "See ya later! By the way, the name's Chris," he shouted before leaving the laboratory.

Chris immediately let out Charmander. The Pokémon simply said,"Char!" and smiled. Chris had to admit, the little guy was cute. He began walking towards the exit of Pallet Town, thinking Charmander would follow him. As expected, the little creature stayed right by Chris's side. Chris stopped and Charmander looked confused. "How would you like a nickname?" he asked smiling at Charmander. Charmander looked up at his trainer in happiness and nodded. "Alright, how about something epic. Like... Inferno!" Chris yelled. Charmander cried in glee of his new name. The two continued to march onto Route 1.

Professor Ash was angered when he saw Chris dissappear. "Hold up!" He shouted. He looked at the other trainers. "So you've decieded to pick Bulbasaur! Good choice." He said to Karma. "I was going to give that guy two more things before he left. I was going to give him 5 pokeballs and a pokedex. Will you catch up to him and give it to him?" Ash said to Karma, handing her a box full of the items missed. "Oh here are your stuff!" Ash also handed a seperate Pokedex and pokeballs for Karma herself.

"The name's Mason." Mason nodded at the professor as he also accepted the set of pokeballs and pokedex, before returning his gaze to the starter's pokeball. He watched Chris leave before an excited spark shot through him, he grinned at Mik then dashed out the door. Mason raced back to his house and yelled up the stairs in between pants- by the time his mother came to meet him Mason was ready to let out his new partner. The flash of red beam caused him to twitch slightly before a small blue pokemon blinked up at him, Mason's grin grew even wider. "How cute." his mom briefly commented as Mason reached down to the squirtle it's red eyes followed his gaze and Mason rested his hand on the smooth surface of his pokemon's head. "Hey! My name's Mason, and we're partners now-" he smiled. Squirtle blinked before breaking into a smile and hugging his trainer- "I'mma call you bubbles!" Mason exclaimed.
After another set of over dramatic farewells from his mother, Mason set out towards Route 1, Bubbles in his arms and eyes wandering the landscape as if he were seeing it for the first time again.

Karma nodded at the Professor "Right, thank you." She turned to leave and go after the boy, Chris, to deliver his set. As she was near the entrance of route one, she decided to met her starter. The Bulbasaur blinked as it looked around its surroundings before it's gaze settled on Karma who offered him a soft smile "Hello, Bulbasaur. I'm Karma, nice to finally meet you, little guy." Bulbasaur beamed at her "How about I give you a nickname?" Bulbasaur cheered, which made Karma giggled "Then I'll call you Pan, how does that sound?" She was answered by a happy "Bul-basaur!"

Karma grinned as she looked at route one "Come on, Pan. Let's find that boy, Chris, he needed this set of Pokéballs and this Pokedex to officially start his journey." The Bulbasaur nodded as he let out a pair of vines that wrapped around Karma's wrist. She didnt seem to mind though as she started to walked towards route one, Pan right beside her.

A few minutes later she saw the back of the boy she was searching for the past couple of minutes. She scooped Pan in her arms as she run towards the boy "Hey Chris! Wait up!"

The clouds above Pallet Town parted slightly as a lengthy red creature flashed through and dove earthbound. Seconds before collision with the ground, it pulled itself upright and whirled to a halt. A moment later, two young men in gold-colored coats slid off the red Gyarados's side, and one of them clutched his stomach and vomited on the ground. The elder man sidestepped away.

"Nice. You okay, Hibiki?"

The younger man wiped his mouth and hurried to pull off his travel coat, thrusting it into his companion's arms. "I will never understand how you guys put up with flying on those things, bro." He sighed and rubbed his forehead. "But at least I won't throw up out of nervousness now."

"That's looking on the bright side!" said the elder brother with a grin. "See, aren't you glad you missed the bus? And this way, I get to see you off."

The younger brother, Hibiki, slid the load he had taken with him off the red Gyarados's back: an oversized knapsack with a sleeping back rolled on top. The man in gold held out a walking stick, and as Hibiki reached to take it, he clasped his hands firmly. Hibiki looked at him, eyes slightly tinted with fear and worry. He smiled.

"You'll do fine, bro. You will. And I'll stay in phone contact with you whenever you need to unwind. Just remember what I've told you."

Hibiki felt his cheeks rise in a tepid smile. "Do what Red would do. Stay calm, stay alert, and take the journey one day at a time." He accepted the walking stick. His brother clapped him on the back, then hopped back aboard his red Gyarados. "Make some friends!" he shouted, as the great serpent rose off into flight.

And then, there was the door to Professor Oak's- Professor Ketchum's- Professor ASH's lab before him. Hibiki breathed deeply and pushed through the doors.

"Stay calm, stay alert, one day at a time. Stay calm, stay alert, one day at a time. Make friends. Pick Charmander. One day at a time."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chris heard a voice calling him and immediately turned around. Charmander did the same thing, but he also got into fighting stance and was very alert of a single move Karma and Pan might do. Chris sighed of relief. "Oh it's you. From the lab. What's your name? Nevermind, listen I like moving fast, so can you hurry up and tell me what you want? If it's a battle I'll gladly accept, and of course, claim victory," he said with a smirk. Inferno also smirked. Chris was excited for his journey, and a battle will spicen things up.

The maroon haired girl panted slightly from the added weight from her starter as she set the said Pokémon down. She gave Chris a look before she rummaged into her bag and took out the same set that the Professor gave to her and Mason. "Here, you needed this things to officially start your journey. Besides you can't win the league, if that's what you want to do, if you only have one Pokémon with you." She stated as she shoved the items to Chris. Honestly she was the one doing him a favor and she got a 'Hurry up and tell me what you want.' Geez this boy sounded like a snobby brat.

She huffed as she planned to shove the boy out of her way but decided against it as it would earn her some bad impression points but will that even matter now? No, not in her current mindset. She looked the boy over before sighing "Fine, lets just get to the point." She said as walked back to get more room for there Pokémon to battle. Karma grinned as Pan get into his battle stance, retrieving his vines from Karma's wrist so he could move more freely. She's not gonna lie, this felt quite exhilarating.

Mason's eyes wandered the trees as he tightened his grip on Bubbles and released a sigh, then suddenly his foot caught hold of something sending him falling towards the ground and the Squirtle flying out of his hands. Bubbles had retreated to his shell so he took minimal damage though, rubbing his cheek with a whimper Mason looked up to see a bird like pokemon. "Pidgey!" the pokemon chirped causing Mason to gawk in wonder, not that he had never seen a Pidgey- but now he had the opportunity to catch one! He'd be ahead of the game then- with a smirk Mason extended a finger "Go Bubbles!" he called out as his Squirtle took position ahead of him. Before Mason could make a move the Pidgey sent a storm of Sand in Mason's direction temporarily blinding Bubbles, "Tackle!" Mason commanded anyways but Squirtle missed. Squirtle's clumsy movement caused him to become wide open and the Pidgey landed a hard tackle.
Watching his pokemon be sent flying backwards caused Mason to gasp, then he narrowed his orange eyes and let out a huff of determination. "Bubbles tail whip!" he commanded, "Dodge his next tackle." the instant Squirtle evade Pidgey's move Mason yelled for him to use tackle. And in that one hit Pidgey had fainted, with Bubbles at half health and Mason panting the pair had won their first battle. "We'll catch the next one." Mason shrugged as he remember what his original intent was, he then patted his companions shell before walking forward once more- no time to rest, not now.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chris shrugged. "Listen I didn't want to come off as rude. I'm actually pretty sorry. I just don't see all the trouble. I literally only walked at most a quarter of a mile," he said pointing to his house. "Anyways, keep the Pokéballs. I'll take the Pokédex though. You help yourself, in case you see yourself already spended 5 Pokéballs you can use mine. I'll buy my own with my own work. Anyways, get ready, 'cuz I ain't going easy on ya," he said with a grin. "Ladies first, of course."

"Well thanks." Karma grinned as she put back the extra Pokéballs before she looked back at the boy "And no worries I'm not expecting you to be, actually I do encourage a merciless fight." She stated as she remember her favorite game, UT, and her grin widen "Then get ready to have a bad time. Pan use Growl then Tackle!" The Seed Pokémon growled which lowered the opponent's Attack stat before charging towards the Lizard Pokémon.

A boy with a mop of hair containing both brown and blonde hair marched towards the lab. He seemed very angry, his face an expression of madness. He saw a bunch of trainers coming out from the lab and there were even more now inside. Professor Ash was now sticking to the plan of giving out starters to people who were on the list. Again, another group left the room, leaving the lab empty, except for Ash and his aides. The young man marched over towards Professor Ash.

"Who are you? You're not a familiar face!" Ash responded to the man's enterence.

"I go by the nickname of Beige."

"Oh you're another one of those Red wannabes then?"

"No...I've come here for my starter."

"No need to get mad...Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle then..."

"Give me the other one." The man said.

"What do you mean?"

"Give me the other one."

"I'm sorry, but I don't know..."

"Give me the other starter that you can choose, but you don't offer it to the other ones because Red told you to toy with their minds!" Beige exclaimed. He grabbed Ash by the shirt. Ash tried to push him away. "Fine. Skull!!" He shouted. The glass window behind Ash exploded as the glass went flying. A Cubone, belonging to Beige, jumped through and grabbed one of the pokeballs sitting on the back table. It was a table desguised to be hidden in the background. Beige threw the poke ball down on the ground and a Pikachu emerged from it.

"Where'd you get that Cubone?"

"I got it from my hometown in Lavender Town." Beige said. "I know about the truth here." Beige stormed off. He had also stolen pokeballs and a pokedex. Half an hour later, some Enforcers came round to the lab.

"What did he look like, sir?" One of the Enforcers asked Ash. Ash had called the Enforcers to get rid of Beige as he had stolen from Professor Ash.

For all his trepidation, Hibiki's reception ceremony had been anticlimactic and short-lived. Professor Ash had barely looked at him before filling something out on a roster and nodding to an aide, who in turn gave him a handful of starter material- including a pokeball presumably containing Charmander. Noticing several empty slots in the pokeball carton on the table, Hibiki asked timidly if other delegates for the Red journey had already been through. To this, Professor Ash looked at him skeptically, as if wanting to roll his eyes at the stupidity of the question. But he seemed to think better of it, and told Hibiki that they were already gone, and that he had better hurry if he planned on traveling with companions.

"I'll spare you the orientation," he added, turning back to a computer screen. "You guys know the drill by now. Red's all but beaten it into your heads. Just don't be too late to the next city, or the people may wonder what happened to you."

Hibiki left the lab, slightly disillusioned, not even bothering to check out his new Charmander. In the back of his mind, he was certain that Red had felt more excited than this on his journey. Well, all things considered, it might have gone worse-

A distant smashing sound caught his attention just as he entered the grasslands of north Pallet, and he turned around just in time to see something plunge through the window of Ash's lab. "Holy @#$%!" Heart pounding, he shaded his eyes and tried to get a better look, but couldn't make out what was happening. There was the sound of raised voices, which just barely drifted to his ears over the distance, but no intelligible words.

Someone had broken into the lab, not ten minutes after he'd gotten his fire-type starter. Forget Red's journey; this was turning out to be more like Gold's, when the exact same thing had happened with Silver. Gold had been by himself though, with nobody to share the news. Further up ahead, however, Hibiki could see a young man and woman facing off with their own starters- a Charmander and a Bulbasaur- and he was certain that they were part of the group that had gone just before him. He hastened forward. If they were battling, he knew better than to disrupt it, but afterward he would reveal what he'd seen. If nothing else, it was a segue into acquainting himself with them.

3 Pidgeys and 5 Rattatas later Mason noticed two distant figures, battling it seemed. At advancing he recognized the trainers as the others from the lab, they were already battling? He looked down at Bubble's with a huff. Although he ignored the match ahead of him- even when walking past he couldn't take his eyes off of it. They were both using their starters which he assumed meant they had yet to catch anything either- it really was a bad habit of his, comparing his progress to that of his peers. Then from out of the blue a large Pidgey swooped down and caught the Squirtle from Mason's arms, at realizing it wasn't a bug the Pidgey dropped Bubbles who retreated to his shell. "Tail whip." commanded Mason who had gotten down the basics of battling, the Pidgey glared at Bubbles before swooping in for a tackle. Pidgey hit Bubbles shell which hardly affected the pokemon. "Water gun!" Mason yelled out his companion's newly learned move with a burst of enthusiasm. The strong squirt of water successfully hit the flying-type who fell to the ground unable to flap it's soaked wings. In that moment the first of Mason's pokeballs left his hand and blinked after sucking in the opposing pokemon. It then blinked again, before settling.
Mason's mouth hung open as he stared at the ball and his tired partner, he then practically slid across the dirt to Bubbles who he brought into a hug before patting his head with a chuckle- "At this rate Re-" he paused in thought before grinning with a shrug and standing to pick up the stray pokeball. He then tossed it into the air and caught it which sent out the Pidgey that he had figured out was quite oversize, the bird glared at Mason before cawing rather viciously it then returned it's gaze to the ground as if searching for something. Mason watched his new pokemon before shrugging, he scanned it with his pokedex to gather more information. Finally getting to his feet the boy smiled, "Welcome to the team, Bulls-eye.", the Pidgey looked up before hopping towards Mason who returned it.

Male Pidgey (Bulls-eye)
Male Squirtle (Bubbles)

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Chris laughed at Karma. "Dodge it and then use growl," he yelled. Inferno dodged it in the nick of time and then let out a loud cry which lowered Pan's attack. Even though Karma went first, Chris studied a lot about the starters. He remembered that Bulbasaur had a lower attack than Charmander, so if they exchange the same attacks Inferno should win. However, Charmander have less defense than Bulbasaur. It doesn't matter though, because Chris had a trick up his sleeve.

All around Hibiki, starter pokemon of indigo, azure, and jade swept through the grass in a wild dance of combat. The blend of color and speed caught him up in a sort of phantasmagorical circus, where beauty and danger melded and invoked a primal thrill. Suddenly, Hibiki found he had forgotten the lab break-in at present; for here was the reason Gold had put him up to the Pokemon Journey. THIS was what the trainer's life was about, and all he had to do was dive into the waiting embrace of adventure. He raised high his capsule ball, that which secreted the First Flame of his newborn trainer's spirit.

*Theme song plays: Pokemon- Viridian City*

"Charmander! Come out."

In a burst of light, the petite fire lizard emerged, and Hibiki motioned around with a sweep of his arm. "It's time to join the fray," he announced matter-of-factly, as he'd seen Gold do with his own pokemon. The thing was, they might not understand your language, but they'd understand your tone and posture. "Be alert. We have a long road ahead of us before we can call ourselves strong. Return fire if anything jumps out at us, and let's see if we can nab an early teammate."

He couldn't have guessed how much time had passed in the blur of action that followed. Charmander was jumped multiple times by miniscule pokemon, most of them field rats and pidgeons. He took bludgeoning blows from their attacks, and bit and scratched in retaliation, dropping most foes in two or three hits. At one point, the little salamander learned to swing his flame tail, which dealt special fire damage and downed enemy pokemon much quicker. Hibiki wasted two pokeballs trying to catch a Pidgey with Sand Attack, then gave up when Charmander chased it off in a panic, returning with feathers sticking in his teeth. He sighed and pulled out a spray potion to heal his pokemon's various peck wounds.

At the height of its battle frenzy, Hibiki learned that his Charmander probably had a rash nature. It saw a blue tail poking out of the grass, and caught up in the moment, dashed forward and chomped down. There was a strangled cry, and then the pokemon leaped from the high grass: a Squirtle. Hibiki felt a jolt of realization, then scurried up to pull Charmander away. "Gah! No, not that one! Friendly fire!"

He glanced up, in time to see the young man standing just a few feet away who, no doubt, was its trainer. Hibiki inclined his head in apology. "Sorry, he . . . he's still a little wild." He held out his hand. "You're one of the guys on the journey, right? I'm Hibiki. I'll make sure Charmander doesn't do that again, so . . . no harm, no foul?"

Last edited:
"Meh, I was right." Karma mumbled as she watched her opponent finally make a move. "This kid is a brat..." she whispered low enough that her opponent can't hear her. "Hey bud." Pan looked at her curiously "Do you have any birth moves?" Pan blink, confused at what she asked until she trace a oval shape in the air. Pan nodded "Good." Karma said before looking back at the Charmander "Use Growl."

Beige ran through route 1. The pokemon there were too weak for him. He accelerated as fast as a Rapidash and he looked up at the collossal buildings and skyscrapers that had recently been installed into Viridian City. He was back here again. Looking, around, he realised that he had avoided the other trainers. He looked back to see them. At that point, Beige was indecisive on what to do. He looked back again and ran towards them. Really he wanted to befriend them and tell them the truth-Beige had done some digging and found some strange things out about Red. He wanted to stand out to them and he wanted them to follow him.

"Those are some weak looking pokemon." Beige said to the trainers. His voice was not very loud, as he did not want to get caught by the Enforcers, who he also knew about. His voice was like a whisper, almost.

Karma flinched as she looked at the newcomer "Did you say something?" She asked curiously as she eyed the boy. He look to be a native in Kanto but certainly not around Pallet Town. She looked back at her battle then back to the boy again. "Hey, um Chris was it? This is your win." She said loud enough for her opponent to hear. Pan made his way towards his trainer, curious why she would gave up like that. Karma bend down to pick the Bulbasaur up before she grabbed a 125 pokedollars and made her way towards Chris, she shoved it to his hand just like how she shoved the set of items at him. "It's not enough to get you a Pokéball but hey at least ya got a reward." She said as she made her way back to the new trainer "What were saying again? Oops sorry, I'm Karma and this is Pan. What your name?" She asked as Pan gave a little wave at the boy.

"Hehe." Beige laughed, almost silently, to himself. "You expect me to have a name? Like everyone else on this Arceus-forsaken planet!" Beige walked around Karma to inspect her. "All I have to say to you is-your mind is about to be blown...the things I know...they're in your wildest dreams!" He shouted. Beige pulled down the hood of his similarly, Beige hoodie and put on a beige cap. "Red isn't who you think he is. His regime is built on a lie!" Then Beige turned around and started walking back up the hill to Viridian. "Hehe." He laughed again. "You'll all see." He said to them. "We're the only ones who can know this..." He continued walking. "And by the way...the name's Beige!" He yelled. Beige spotted a pair of Enforcers running up the hill. They looked like across between police officers and army soldiers with green jungle camoflage trousers and blue caps, with muscular builds and armour. They saw Beige and ran after him.

"That must be him!" One of them exclaimed. "He fits Professor Ash's description! I'll go after him!"

The other one nodded and stayed behind. "Trainers!" He shouted at the particular bunch who had been with Beige. "What do you know of the boy you just encountered? We've had reports of him breaking into the Pallet Town Laboratory and stealing an illegal starter!"

"What?! Then we had to go after him!" Karma proclaimed as she went to ran after the boy. She pass through the other two Enforcers despite them having longer legs and being adults. 'Guess having to run away from your mother, almost your whole life, can be pretty handy.' She chuckle at the thought. She stop as realized that she really can't do anything with only Pan on her team, she tched as she rerouted to the nearest tall grass.

She scanned the area until she saw a tree with a hole in it, she looked backed and saw that the guards and Beige are still in there game of catch the Ratata. She set Pan down and grabbed a pebble then threw it at the tree, she usually would avoid things like this but she had to know. She grabbed another pebble and threw it at the tree, finally at her third threw a Pidgey flew out, it glared at her before it dived towards her with an intent on teaching her lesson.

But as the Pidgey got closer Karma suddenly shouted her command "Grab it with your vines, Pan." The seed Pokémon did as told as a pair of vines appeared from its bulb back before it shot off towards the Pidgey. The Pidgey at first were able to maneuver through the vines but fortunately Pan was able to wrapped his vines at the tiny bird Pokémon. Pan brought the Pidgey as Karma took out a Pokéball "Look, I'm really sorry for disturbing you but I just really need your help. Dont worry I'll release you as soon as were done." She said before she tap the Pokéball on the Pidgey's head.

The Pokéball shook once, twice and it stayed shut after that indicating that she caught the Pidgey. Karma sigh in relief before she took out Pan's Pokéball "Sorry bud but I'll run faster if you'll stay in your Pokéball." The bulbasaur nodded in understanding which caused Karma to smile at it "Sorry." With that she return her Pokémon to his Pokéball. She turn and ran back to where the guards and Beige had gone.

She saw the guards and immediately ran beside them, she took out Pidgey who flew beside her "Hey kid, what-" Karma tuned them out her eyes focused on Beige's back and thought of what he said before. She didnt really worshipped Red but her mother does, which disgusted her in so many ways. Maybe that's way she didn't really saw Red as someone to be worshipped or respected because her mother respected and worshipped him. What a childish biased she is.

"Pidgey, Sand Attack to blind the enemy!" The Pidgey rose from the air before flapping its wings, creating a huge dust cloud but Karma was ready, she took off her armwarmers and covered her nose and mouth with it. The guards hadn't notice but the dust cloud only covers them and not Beige. Karma speed up to get out of the dust cloud leaving her enemies in the dust. Gotta love puns at the wrong time.

She blocked Beige's way "Wait, what do you mean about Red? I want to know and dont worry if you think I'm one of those who worship the guy. I'm not."

Mason looked up as a pokemon flew at his Squirtle, his eyes widened at seeing a starter and his trainer to follow. Picking Bubble's up for extra measure's a smile replaced his surprised expression, "Mason." he beamed his name and took the new-comer's hand. "And don't worry about your Charamander, I assumed you just got him from the lab as well?" he inquired. Bubbles, however did not look as forgiving as he groped his tail and glared at the Charmander.
In the not far distance he saw a figure dart by, the stranger wore mostly a shade of sandy brown and he seemed to have law enforcers chasing him. Mason eyed the seen before shaking his head and returning his attention to Hibiki and convinced himself what he had just saw was nothing. "Where are you off t-?" Mason trailed off as a storm of sand began to pick up at the same site where the boy had ran through.

As soon as Mason had reached out and clasped his hand, Hibiki grinned and relaxed. He'd expected his peers to be less lenient, as pokemon trainers were warriors in a sense, whose pride was not to be affronted. But Mason seemed to be a decent fellow, even if he was a little excitable. He nodded.

"The lab, yes. Professor Ash seemed to have multiples of every starter pokemon. I originally thought that only three people would be making this journey, but who knows how large the group might get?"

Make some friends, came his brother's voice in his head. Heeding the advice, Hibiki tilted his head inquiringly at Mason. "Hey, I was thinking . . . if the crowd does get too large, I don't wanna be just another face in it. We're both figuring this journey thing out, right?" He extended his arm again. "D'you want to stick together for a while? We can have each others' back if things get dangerous at any point, and, well . . ." Hibiki glanced down at the Squirtle, who was glaring daggers at his Charmander. "You have me at a disadvantage. I'd rather know you as an eventual friend than an enemy."

It was at that moment, when the two men in Military Police uniforms charged into view, up the hill. One pointed and shouted toward a youth in beige clothing, whom Hibiki had completely overlooked up until then. He bulled ahead, while his companion halted briefly within talking distance of Hibiki's group.

"What do you know of the boy you just encountered?" he barked, mostly at the girl in indigo, and the boy with the other Charmander. "We've had reports of him breaking into the Pallet Town Laboratory and stealing an illegal starter!"

Hibiki's eyes widened, as the mental image of shattering glass came freshly to his vision. "I don't know about the stealing, but I can confirm the report about the break-in," he voiced. The policeman rounded on him, and Hibiki was taken aback by the intensity of the officer's stare. Nevertheless, he continued, wilting slightly under his gaze. "I didn't get a proper look, but I was right at the Pallet outskirts when I saw something smash through the windows of Ash's lab. It couldn't have been these guys-" He beckoned around at his fellow junior trainers (where had the girl gone-?) "-they've been here the whole time. But that guy in yellowish-brown just showed up."

If you see something, say something, came Gold's voice in his head. Hibiki raised his pokedex, convinced that he was doing the right thing. "This should corroborate my words," he finished. "We're all official pokedex holders here."

The guard nodded, then took off after his partner, resuming the chase with astonishing acceleration. He had just about broken even, when a storm of dust suddenly whipped out of nowhere and covered both officers in a blinding cloud. And there, standing just a few feet behind the Pidgey that had caused it, was the girl from earlier.

What in the name of God is she doing? Hibiki thought in dumb astonishment. That looked downright deliberate!

"Mason!" Hibiki glanced beside him, at his equally-bewildered companion. "I think that girl just attacked our peacekeepers! C'mon, we gotta go after them!"

At Hibiki's word Mason's grin grew even wider, his eyes sparkled and he nodded eagerly. Hardly any far in his journey and he had already met a partner, and although Hibiki worded it more professionally- Mason knew they would end up good friends. This adventure was so far going exactly as he wanted it to. When his newly met pal began talking the police Mason took a moment to gather the information and piece it together, he then gasped as he understood what the chase he had seen earlier was. This guy stole a pokemon! How could he?
Mason shielding his face as well as that of Bubble's from the sanded storm he stood in disbelief, paralyzed with confusion before Hibiki's call snapped him free of his trance. Shaking his head Mason's orange gaze trained on the distant figures of the supposed criminals, he then nodded. Although Mason was less confident than his ally, a sense of righteousness overtook him as he followed Hibiki towards the scene.
While running Hibiki released his Pidgey as well, the Pidgey had lost his usual expression of confusion and traded it for one of more determination,- Mason wondered if Bulls-eye knew what was going on. He ran straight through the remaining sand and was forced into a sputtering fit after inhaling some, but he it was brief as he found it necessary to quickly recover himself. Though as Mason stood face-to-face with his 'enemies' he couldn't find anything to say, he didn't want to sound dumb or childish- with Bulls-eye on his shoulder and Bubbles still in arms Mason simply stared at Beige and Karma.

Beige looked towards Karma and winked at her. It had taken him a long while to work out what she was up to as he initially thought that she was trying to help the Enforcers. Beige dashed forward a little more, before being confronted with two more Enforcers. These came to help the other Enforcers and stood mightily in front of him. They sent out a Rattata and a Pidgey to encircle Beige. Beige called upon Skull the Cubone and his new addition to his team, Voltaire the Pikachu, a nickname adopted by Beige. Skull faced off again the Rattata, dodging many of the rat pokemon's tackle attacks. A Bone club attack on the head from Skull's trusty bone weapon knocked Rattata out. Voltaire used its powerful thundershock attack for the first time on the field. The electric attack knocked the Pidgey out in one hit. Skull and Voltaire were then ordered to attack the two Enforcers. One tried to run away. The other tried to punch Beige. Both of the two Enforcers were brutally executted by the two pokemon and their viscious attacks. The two other Enforcers, in the sand tornado Karma had created, struggled to get out.

"Thundershock. Several times." Beige said to Voltaire, pointing towards the two Enforcer grunts. Voltaire hesitated, then nodded. Voltaire couldn't believe his master would order him to kill a human. The bolts came out and the two Enforcers were stunned to the ground. Beige checked the pulses on all four of the Enforcer goons.

"Nothing." He said. He looked around at the other trainers. He wasn't going to do anything to them. He tried to cause as little death as possible, but it was like every Enforcer was programmed to capture or kill Beige and ruin his life. They knew about him before and they certainly had increased motives towards tracking him down now Beige had 'gotten rid of' a few of them.

Karma growled as Beige dash pass her only to be confronted by two more goons 'No way! There's more!' Her hand hovered towards Pan's Pokéball but Beige had already taken out his team who defeated the Enforcers with ease.

"Thundershock. Several Times." He ordered as he pointed to the two grunts inside the sand tornado. Karma whirled around as the grunts were assaulted by Pikachu's powerful eletric attack. For some odd reason it reminded her of a fly flying way to close to an eletric fly killer. As the attacked ended the grunts fall like flies to the ground.

Karma sighed as she ran a hand to her face, no its not about the deaths of the grunts but because of her puns 'There so horrible. But eh, puns are supposed to be horrible like me.' She chuckled before she shooked her head and sigh once again. She narrowed her eyes at the corpses before she whistled for her Pidgey, who obediently flew towards her outstretched arm and perched on it. 'How odd just a minute ago it wanted to hurt me. Is it the cause of the Pokéball? Oh well I could never know if I just stand here but first...'

She looked back at Beige, then at the corpses, and back to Beige. She glared and scowled at him as she put her other arm on her hip "Well, are you going answer me or are you going to dash off again?" She growled out as the sand tornado subsided revealing two more trainers. One Karma was familiar with and the other looked like some foreigner but Karma ignored them as she continued to glare at Beige.

Mason watched all of the enforcers around him fall, this guy was strong. What was he doing stealing a weak little starter? And he had never seen the starter Pikachu before, although multiple questions ran through his mind he did his best to clear it. Before Beige could answer Karma he extended a finger, "Not so fast criminals. I know what you did, and I won't let you pass either! That pokemon doesn't belong to you." he growled the last part glaring at the new boy. Pikachu was super-effective to both his pokemon, so he'd just have to hope for the best. Bubbles jumped from his arms and Bulls-eye flew upwards before Mason commanded Bulls-eye to tackle the pikachu, and Bubbles used Watergun from a far at the Cubone.

The moment that Beige ordered his pokemon to execute the Enforcers, all of Hibiki's bravado left him. He had plunged into the fray with Mason right on his heels, only to stop cold as the lifeless bodies of the Military Police thudded to the ground. The newcomer with the Cubone and Pikachu hadn't been his target; he'd only meant to combat the girl who was inexplicably helping the thief. She was an opponent he could handle, owning only a freshly-caught Pidgey and a flammable grass-type. But in a matter of seconds, the dynamic of the situation had taken a sharp turn for the worst. Four guards- FOUR!- had barely slowed Beige down, and apprehending criminals was what they did for a living. This guy was many times out of their league.

"Not so fast!" came Mason's voice beside him. "I know what you did, and I won't let you pass either!"

The response so befuddled him that Hibiki gaped at his new friend in awe. Mason's face betrayed no fear. The guy had balls of steel.

But it's no good against a stone-cold killer, he thought, frantically. Sorry dude, but we gotta know when to go. I said I'd have your back if things got dangerous, and I will.

A second later, Mason's Pidgey lunged at Beige's Pikachu, and his Squirtle shot a burst of water at the Cubone. Hibiki tensed.

An opening!

He grabbed Mason by the elbow and blasted down the hill in the direction of Viridian City, dragging his friend behind him. "Run, Charmander! Run!" he cried over his shoulder, and bent forward to increase his sprint. "That guy's a psycho, Mason," he panted through ragged breaths, "we gotta live to fight another day. Viridian City's not far; if we can just get to the gym, I'm sure the leader will know what to do! They've gotta have enough firepower to take on that murderer."

*(Regardless of Mason's decision to fight or flee with his pokemon, Hibiki is bound and determined to get to Viridian. Nothing but force is going to stop him from getting there)