• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Officially Announced in Pokémon Direct

I also wonder what place they'll base this region on, I'm hoping Australia, but based off of the pictures it's probably another European country. Not that it is a bad thing though.

I also wonder what place they'll base this region on, I'm hoping Australia, but based off of the pictures it's probably another European country. Not that it is a bad thing though.
Well actually, with the evidence we've had from the trailer, I VERY STRONGLY think that it will be based of Hawaii. Not to say that Australia or some other European it won't be based off, but the evidence for Hawaii is just so strong. I mean, the specific details and codenames for this Sun and Moon are very such suggesting Hawaii. It was labelled in development as 'Rainbow Project', and Hawaii happens to be the country of Rainbow (Or something like that). Also, Hawaiian cars' number plates have a picture of a rainbow on it, and the green truck with the pokemon in the back happens to have a number plate with a picture of a Rainbow on it. Also Fire trucks in Hawaii are yellow, and the fire truck shown is, well, yellow. I would doubt they just showed those vehicles because they felt like it.
upload_2016-3-2_16-31-11.png

Also, there was Vivalilion shown in the trailer that had the colour scheme of the Sun and the Moon and it just happened to be only obtainable in Hawaii. Heck, even the new pokemon shown looks like this bird found in Hawaii.
upload_2016-3-2_16-39-8.png
(Red-Crested Cardinal)

I bet my Shiny Gyarados that this region will be based off Hawaii.

Another? Well, 4 Gens were in Japan. 5th in New York.... 6 in France.... Another... Its just gonna be the second one

I think this is fantastic. I love the way they designed the vehicles. My favorite is the ambulance. You could put someone who's mentally ill in there. Okay. Bye.

Edit: someone said the region could be based off of Hawaii. :)

OK, so you know how after you beat the game in XY you can trade with Shauna? If you talk to her after the trade, she says a few things. This is one of them:
"Know what? I'm going to a faraway region next time! I'll make lots of great memories while I'm there! ♪"
WE MIGHT SEE SHAUNA IN SUN AND MOON
I know it's not that huge, but still!!
--Also, I found this on Bulbapedia in case you want to see for yourself. Or you can just speak to Shauna.

Wait hang on! I've looked through the trailer again, I caught this snippet you guys didn't notice! (Sorry about the fact it shows the youtube edge thing. Had to show so you can see the full picture).

I don't know about you, but this looks like the inside of the pokemon centre! We can see Centres and Mart are back together again, the healing counter with Nurse Joy is in the middle, but what is the orange counter for? It looks like there's a symbol for some sort of coffee mug there. Interesting! I know the centre is not something to get too hyped for, but every snippet is worth it! I also like the look so far.
Actually I have a theory.
You know how there are vending machines here and there throughout the region? Maybe this is some kind of little shop for that stuff, like Lemonades, MooMoo Milks, and Soda Pops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the new look of the Pokemon centers. The boy in the picture looks like Red. But it's possible, it's someone else. :)
To be honest, I think that character is just a filler for the Male Protagonist; they might not have wanted to show the new design yet or the design isn't finished yet.