• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Officially Announced in Pokémon Direct

NocturnalNetwork

Formerly LatiasMusic
Alright, I noticed something.

If I am right, the Pokémon Company once said that they wanted to return Pokémon to their origins. So, R/B/Y. And now they're making R/B/Y Pokémon able to be traded to Sun/Moon.
I'm sure we're having more 1st Gen stuff....

What new Pokes await us in this region?
Hope they have an awesome water starter
(Facepalms)
What am I saying...
Water starters are always good :) XD

This is actually looking real good. I was hoping for a pokemon Z because of how hyped up Zygarde's new forms are... But I guess this is just a good a progression for the pokemon series. At first my body was not ready, but now, I'm totally pumped.

@Teapot So,are you saying we can move a lvl.23 pikachu from sun or moon to red,blue,green,or yellow?
THAT'S VERY COOL!
But what about Gen2+ Pokemon to Gen1 Games?
Example:Using Pokemon Bank to move a Tepig to Pokemon Red,he appear normally as your pokemon or he is weirdly transformed into a charmander or another Gen1 Fire pokemon?
+=YEY!NEW GEN!
SE-VEN!SE-VEN!
Edit:What about new Mega-Evolutions?
Like Mega Raichu
Mega Onix
Or simply an Mega Emboar?

Last edited:
@Teapot So,are you saying we can move a lvl.23 pikachu from sun or moon to red,blue,green,or yellow?
THAT'S VERY COOL!
But what about Gen2+ Pokemon to Gen1 Games?
Example:Using Pokemon Bank to move a Tepig to Pokemon Red,he appear normally as your pokemon or he is weirdly transformed into a charmander or another Gen1 Fire pokemon?
+=YEY!NEW GEN!
SE-VEN!SE-VEN!
Edit:What about new Mega-Evolutions?
Like Mega Raichu
Mega Onix
Or simply an Mega Emboar?

Actually, you've got it backwards. We will be able to use the PokeBank to move pokemon from RBY to Sun and Moon. I don't think we'd be able to send them back. It's similar (or the same, pretty much) to how we've transferred pokemon from previous Gens to the current gens in the past. Also, I don't think Onix will get a mega considering it isn't a fully evolved pokemon. And Steelix already has a mega.

Actually, you've got it backwards. We will be able to use the PokeBank to move pokemon from RBY to Sun and Moon. I don't think we'd be able to send them back. It's similar (or the same, pretty much) to how we've transferred pokemon from previous Gens to the current gens in the past. Also, I don't think Onix will get a mega considering it isn't a fully evolved pokemon. And Steelix already has a mega.
Sorry,i don't known Onix and Steelix are the same,but evolutioned
The first time i played FireRed i think Onix was geodude's 3rd evolution :V
In my live i only played gba and ds games via emulator,so,i don't know much from transfering pokemon.
Here,there is only one Videogame shop,and i only get a Sega Genesis for Christmas,with 3/4 games,and 1 is from MARIO BROS,seriusly,SMB for Genesis?:V
+= :V

Hey! Look at the green truck, if you look closely, it looks like there are some pokemon in the back.
I can't tell if their 7th gen, but I don't relly reconize any of them.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'm kinda scared now... Will this be 3DS or will the "NX Portable" be out be the time Sun and Moon come out and not be on 3DS?...

It's exclusively on the 3DS range, not the NX.

Hey! Look at the green truck, if you look closely, it looks like there are some pokemon in the back.
I can't tell if their 7th gen, but I don't relly reconize any of them.

The Pokemon in the truck are Machamp, Wobbuffet and Furfrou. With Blastoise in the fire engine.

Last edited:
Wow. From the screenshots shown, the graphics are a big step from XY and ORAS. The new design for the Pokémon Center is awesome, a Pokémon in trucks? Wait, did I just see that right?

The name itself is very clever. I never thought of a Pokémon name like that. Well, we better see how good this game is in late 2016!

WAIT! Do you see what I see?
upload_2016-2-28_6-34-24.png

upload_2016-2-28_6-37-3.png
HAWAII CONFIRMED!
(If you don't get it, Hawaiian Cars' Number plates is always a picture of a rainbow on it)

Oh hello everyone! I just got more evidence of Gen 7 being Hawaii!
upload_2016-2-29_6-49-6.png

It's Vivallion (sorry for bad spelling)! As we all know, Vivallion come in different patterns depending on where you live. Now this particular pattern just happens to have the colour scheme of PKMN Sun and Moon, and where do you get this beautiful Vivallion? It just happens to be Hawaii! This Vivallion just happened to show up in the trailer as well, when the kids were trading. I'm sure that doesn't mean anything, right?

What surprises me most is that we are getting a brand new gen with tons of upgrades but people are upset that we aren't getting pokemon Z (yet?). I'd take a new gen over a remake of X/Y with some add-ons ANY day.

What surprises me most is that we are getting a brand new gen with tons of upgrades but people are upset that we aren't getting pokemon Z (yet?). I'd take a new gen over a remake of X/Y with some add-ons ANY day.
I would agree. I have been waiting for a new region since X and Y came out.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
I guess it's mostly just the shock of Game Freak breaking the pattern. If you'd asked me last year, I would have told you in no uncertain terms that Z was next, then an NX Pokémon game. But as soon as it hit the new year, all bets were off – and now we know why!