• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Weathered Paths

Daniel decided to allow the basket to float beside him on the opposite side of his bag. He slowly hovered his way outside, as he gave a light smile soon after. A careful wave was directed at a nearby tree, as several stems snapped off a split second later! A series of firm, yellow berries quickly descended down upon the basket!

The little Pokémon gave a slight nod, as he decided to float around the forest. The pink orb was still behind him however, as it gave off a faint light of a paler shading in a small area around himself.

Name: Mimi
Species: Mimikyu

Mimi quietly moved across the city streets, trying not to be noticed. What would others think if she was late? She entered the school building, moving past a pile of sticks, some tape, and some bottle with a title she barely knew how to read. 'Thump'. Mimi bumped into...something. Mimi looked up, seeing she had bumped into a 'desk' in the far back row. Away from others. She moved up, moving behind a seat where she heard a commotion about some sort of festivity. "Small Stantler, thats for sure". They thought for a moment, not realizing they where standing right behind a whooper, staring over their shoulder.

Before Wesley quickly ran outside, grabbing the basket with his mouth, he slowly turned his head around to look at the Mimikyu, simply staring at her for a while... with his cold dead eyes...
"...Hi! Who are you? Why are you late? Are you a Pikachu? Are you wearing a costume? Waaaaait... you're just like me! We can be friends! Friends friends, forever be friends!"
Wesley did his happy dance once more, his basket now bouncing upon his head, now beckoning Mary to come over.
"Maaaaary! Maaaaaaary! Friend friend new friend! Wearing a costume! Let's take it ooooooff!"

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Venus saw another student come in. “Hello Mimi, you are late, but here is your basket for Berry Collecting.” He handed a basket to Mimi, smiling. Venus nodded briefly before walking away.

Mary heard Wesley call her over, and she leaped over to him in an instant. The young Mareep looked at Mimi, the Christmas lights in her stick antlers flickered. She placed her basket down, which was filled with an assortment of berries. “H-H-Hello, my name is Mary, what is y-your name?” She was starting to get nervous again. This usually happened when she had to introduce herself. Mary glanced at Wesley, “Take off their costume too? Hmmm, sure. I want to see what they actually look like!” She was gaining more confidence, and Mary reached for the cloth Mimi was wearing.

She didn't say anything. A dark, shadowy hand crept from under the costume, and picked up the basket that had been named 'Mimi's'. "Mimi." she said in a quiet voice. They lied in wait for the 'group' to leave and collect some berries. The happy dance was starting to get to her, and Mimi was now shaking her head from side to side, slowly spinning in a circle.'

Edit:
Soon Mimi had noticed what Mary was doing, and backed up, still doing the dance.
"I don't think...You should..."

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Mary quickly looked back at Mimi when she saw the shadowy hand. She took a deep breath, “That’s a nice name... but I have a question, why are you in a costume? It’s not H-H-Halloween silly...” She stopped reaching for the cloth and looked back at Wesley. “Do you really think we should take off Mimi’s costume?” Mary didn’t want to make Mimi sad or unhappy in any way.

She stopped doing her happy dance, and started to sound very, very serious for her age. "You'll harm me with the sun. And I'll harm you with a illness." she said. The head stood balanced on the neck perfectly. "I would never let that happen to new friends." she spoke quietly but loud enough for the two to hear. She seemed quite aware of the world and it's troubles, and tried explaining it in a simple way that even HERSELF could understand. "Us Mimikyu can't survive alone in the light...We will go to sleep faster than you can say...Waffles. And if you see me, you won't find yourself sleeping in bed."

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“O-O-Oh... Wesley, I think that’s a good enough reason to not take her costume off...” Mary stuttered a bit, and she grabbed her basket with her mouth. She gestured for Wesley and Mimi to start Berry Collecting. She walked back to the forest, and spotted a tree filled with Pecha Berries. Mary placed the basket in her mouth on the ground, and she leaped up onto one of the branches. She saw two Pecha Berries on the branch she was on, and Mary picked them off with her teeth. Mary dropped the two Berries into her basket from a great height. Leaping onto another branch higher than the one she was on before, Mary repeated the process.

"...What's an illness? Oh well! Berries! Gonna pick lots of yummy berries!"
Wesley ran after Mary, getting ready to pick some delicious berries. Then he saw the tree, and how high some of the berries were. Wesley had an idea then, and he started furiously headbutting the tree.
"Berries! Berries! Beeeeerrriiiies!"

Mimi followed them, and looked up to the tree. They grabbed a low branch with their arm, and slowly scaled the tree. They had reached the top, and plucked a few berries. They dropped a few to be fair, but fell due to the rapid shaking of the tree. She landed in a bush, her costume strung to a branch. Her arm slinked from the bush, and tried to reach for it. "H-Help! I need to reach my costume!"

Tiger returned with berries in her basket some of those were thanks to Cooper. “Hey guys look what I got.” She holds up a very spiky red berry. “Pretty cool huh? I found it in a bush.” She smiled and wagged her tail. She then turned to Cooper. “Thanks soooo much for some of the berries that tree was too tall. I wish I could climb it or maybe fly up to get all those juicy berries.”

Wesley temporarily stopped headbutting the tree, and looked to Mimi, seeing her costume caught on a branch.
"Oh no! Oh no oh no oh no! Mimi's stuck, Mimi's stuck! Someone help Mimi!"
He was yelling this directly in front of Mimi's face, smiling the entire time he shouted these words.
"Costume stuck, costume stuck! Mimi can't move or she'll give someone an iiiiillness whatever that is!"
He frantically skipped around, grabbing Mary with his mouth, then dragging her to the accident site.
"MMPH! MMMMMMMPH!"

"I'd get it down, but I'm no physic." he said. "You people know how to climb a little bit up a tree, right? Just get it loose and I can grab it. Whatever THATS suppose to mean." she said, trying to sound mature. "A illness is...Is...A illness is like frozen, I guess? Maybe I confused that word with what 'humans' call it. My mom told me about humans! They capture us in tiny little balls...I think."

Name: His name is Hector.
Species: He is a Helioptile.
Age: His age is currently unknown, though he appears to look somewhat young as a result of his stunted growth.

BIC:
Daniel slowly turned towards the cries of a mysterious Pokémon that had its costume stuck. Daniel slowly waved his hand at the Mimikyu. He hoped the costume would swiftly move away from the branch, and ultimately have the Mimikyu soon free if everything went to plan.
———————————————
“Lucky that orange stuff didn’t get on my hands this time,” Hector thought, as he tightly wrapped a moderately sized leaf with a thick, orange fluid in a careful manner.

“Alright, I think ten should be enough in case if those stupid magnets want to dance again,” Hector added in his mind. He gently placed the wrapped leaf in his leathery bag with the others soon after. He carefully adjusted the grip on his shoulder to prevent sudden fatigue, as he gave a light sigh the moment he picked up on a heavy buzz.

“Hey you kid! Gimme all your stuff, or else you can tell it straight to my four sharp drills when you’re under here!” A Beedrill loudly shouted, as te Helioptile quickly took out the wrapped leaf from his bag.

“Non, toi! Salaud!” Hector shouted, as his frills loudly sparked for a brief moment! He quickly placed the wrapped leaf against his left frill. The leaf suddenly crackled and spat out a bunch of sparks! The leaf was quickly hurled towards the Beedrill! Hector quickly dived near a bush, as a loud explosion followed several seconds later!

The earth gave off a tiny quake, as many of the nearby trees and bushes quivered before the powerful blast! Hector quickly got on his feet, as he took out his pair of glasses from his bag. He slowly wore them on, as he patted the frames of the specs.

“Je te vois en enfer!” Hector yelled, as he smacked the Beedrill on its head! The Helioptile reached for the orange, ripped bag. He grabbed a small bottle with a mysterious, white liquid inside, two small, round, sky blue berries and a golden bracelet that glinted in the warm, solar lighting.

There was no word from the Beedrill the moment the bag became vacant a minute later. The items were casually placed in the Helioptile’s bag. The generator Pokémon decided to briskly walk away from the scene after a quick realization of the recent explosion he caused.

Tiger saw everyone crowded around the tree. “H-Hey how did you guys get up there. Hmmm how can I get up to help. Oh wait what if you guys get the Mimikyu down and I’ll catch them.” Tiger smiled as she wagged her tail optimistically.

Lux remained in Lively town. “Hmm I need to eat, but can I risk stealing something. With so many guilds someone is bound to put a bounty on me and come after me if I do. What to do? What to do?” He pondered about this as he paced back and forth.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Mary got off the tree with Wesley to help Mimi. She nodded to Mimi and Wesley before climbing the tree that held a piece of Mimi’s cloth. Mary grunted as she pulled herself up to the branch that had caught Mimi’s cloth. She gnawed a piece of the branch off, and the cloth was immediately free. Mary hopped down, though she fell on her face from the landing. “Ow...” She picked herself up and smiled at Mimi and Wesley.

Daniel decided to pick some more colorful berries with the help of the skills of psychokinesis. He gently floated around from tree to tree. He took utmost care in his graceful movements; so as to not startle any hostile Pokémon that could potentially be nearby.
———————————————
Hector ran towards Lively Town, as he came to a sudden halt the moment he noticed a Magnemite hovering near the Café.

“Drat! I’ll just have to try to play it cool! I’ll have to probably make this quick!” Hector thought, as he slowly walked towards the counter of the shop.

“Hello there! How may I help you today?” The Kecleon said with the best, enthusiastic tone it could.

“H- how much for t- this?” The Helioptile swiftly replied with the best, English accent he could manage. He reached into his bag and gently placed down the golden bracelet on the counter.

“Oh my! That’ll be five hundred Poké! Would you like to sell that?” The Kecleon responded, before it eyed over the Helioptile’s specs.

“Y- yes, and I’ll take that apple,” The Helioptile answered, before he gave off another quick reply.

“Okay, here is four hundred and seventy-five Poké and your apple! Pleasure doing business with you!” The Kecleon stated, as the Helioptile quickly grabbed the golden coins and apple. Hector placed the items in his bag seconds later. He hastily walked away from the shop soon after.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Nia looked at Curly, “Hey, can I join your little group? I forgot what it’s called...” Her antennas twitched in a curious way when she saw a Helioptile. “Hello!” Nia waved with one of her small legs, or hands... whatever you call them. She simply nodded and looked back at Curly.

“U- uhh... h- h- hi,” Hector replied to the Venipede with a noticeably low, dubious tone. The Helioptile fidgeted with his bag, as he turned towards the Magnemite.

“Please tell me to god that little bug’s really not with them,” Hector thought, as his frills gave off a quiet spark.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Why so nervous?” Nia asked, her head tilting a bit. She saw the Helioptile look at a Magnemite. “Who is that? Is it one of your friends?” Nia gestured towards the Magnemite, feeling a bit more happy today.

“U- u- u- umm... u- u- uhh... w- we- we... ll... u- u- uhh,” Hector mumbled, as sweat rushed down his face the moment the Venipede caught the Magnemite’s attention.

“Yes ma’am, I am friends with all of the town! I’m here to serve, protect and make sure those good for nothing outlaws stay outta here for good!” The Magnemite replied, as Hector slowly backed away from both the Magnemite and Venipede.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She smiled at the Magnemite. “That’s so nice, protecting the town and all.” Nia noticed the way that the Helioptile backed away from the two. “What’s wrong? Skitty got your tounge?” Nia laughed a bit, her antennas perking up.

Hector continued to back away from the other Pokémon. The Helioptile kept a low eye on the Magnemite, as he kept his rate of breaths at a reasonable pace to the best of his ability. There were no words that came towards the Venipede however.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She started to feel worried. “Uhm, are you okay? What’s wrong?” Nia took a step towards the Helioptile, her antennas went down a bit. She gave him a sympathetic look, hoping to make him feel better in any way.

Lux noticed the Helioptile and approached. "Hey you seem a little on edge don't you?" He notices the Venipede and fidgets with his silver scarf. "Are you two in one of those guilds or something or an exploration team by chance? If so I have a job for you and I can pay well." He gives a charming smile to the both of them.

“I- I’m not in o- one... le- left o- one... b- because... al- almost t- take... coins,” Hector replied, as he turned towards the Luxio. The Helioptile took a deep breath, as his arms and legs started to twitch.

“I should of probably not eaten some of that orange stuff!” Hector thought, as his frills started to give off a series of small sparks! It was apparent that the generator Pokémon likely had far too much energy than what his body could handle at the moment.

Curly turned her head to Nia, rubbing her eyes.
"Um... yeah, you can come... it looks like the members I gathered went off somewhere else... so you're help would be useful... and why don't you come too, Mr. Helioptile? I'm sure that you could find something to do if you came along with us... just make sure you're ready for some action... there's a lot of mean Pokemon out there... oh, and the team name, I am the leader of Team Diamond Dust, or D.D. for short, Curly! ...So, um... ready?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wesley looked back at Mary and Mimi by turning his head upside down to talk to them eye-to-eye.
"Hey! Wanna know what we should do? We should go exploring! Explore explore, a dungeon to explore! And don't worry... I'll make sure everything will aaaaall be okay if my dad talks to your parents! Poliwrath Riiiiver, that's where we'll goooo, either in rain, or in the snooow~"
He hopped around a bit after asking and commenting, getting excited for the fun they'll have together.

Lux looked a little confused. "Are you ok? You seem a little off. And what orange stuff are you talking about?" He then saw the Alolan Sandshrew. "Oh so you are in an exploration team we'll do I have a job for you. I was exploring a dungeon looking for some money, but once I was about to leave a Pokémon attacked from behind and stole everything. What I'm willing to do is give you a reward if you can catch the bandit and bring him to me. We can negotiate the reward once he is caught though. So can you help?" He gives a smile at the Alolan Sandshrew.

Tiger overheard people taking about exploring a dungeon and was instantly excited. "Ooh a du grin can I go with you guys? I can be a lot of help I'm pretty good with directions and the more the merrier." She smiled widely.

“I- I know... I guess I can a- at least r- redeem my... self s- still. M- most Pokémon over towards the s- so- south know me as Le Poseur de Bombe. They were all like peu poulets when they heard that name!” Hector stated in his response. He took some more breaths in an attempt to regain his composure.

“A- anyway... the nom of mine is Hector. I make s- stuff go boum like that! I’ll s- s- save the other past mumbo and j- jumbo for later,” Hector added, as his tail perked up soon after.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Hmm, now that I’m in Team Diamond Dust, I think we can do the mission, if Curly wants too.” Nia gave a calm look at Hector and Lux.

-~-~-~-~-

Mary smiled at Wesley, “Sure! I’m pretty sure Mr. Venus wouldn’t mind!” She hopped behind Wesley, feeling more confident and happy.

"Sure! Leave it to us, Mr. Luxio! But, um... where are we going exactly? I need to know where they went... that way I can use my magna... thingy that Papa gave me to go out and help people with... Oh! And what exactly was stolen from you, Mr. Luxio?"
Curly did her little stretches while asking Lux these questions, trying to remember everything she needed and already had with her.
"When we know what we need to, we'll get right on it!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Okay! You come too, Tiger! Tell your parents that you'll be going out, but don't tell them where you're going... it's a seeeecreeeet. Leeeeet's goooooooooooooooo!"
Wesley ran out of the school in a hurry to tell his dad he was heading out again, then waited for the others once more outside of his home, watching his dad pack his pouch for him because... you know.
"Adventure time, adventure time... I wish Auroo was here right now... then she could see how strong and brave and cool I am! But she's not. She's at home with her mom, and I gotta head out soon with the others, soooooo... sorry Auroo!"
He plopped his little bum on the ground while he waited.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
“Yeah, and what Pokemon stole your stuff?” Nia asked.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Mary nodded, and she followed Wesley. She didn’t have parents, so there was no need to tell anyone that she was going somewhere. Mary had taken some of the berries she had collected earlier and she packed them in a small bag. She shook off the mud on her and took off the Christmas Stantler Antlers. Mary put the stick antlers in the bag as well, including some water and a few more berries. “You ready Wesley?”

Lux stretches a little and said “I couldn’t exactly see him. He covered his face with a silver bandana. He called himself the Silver Bandit and stole my money and a treasure I found that I was going to sell. It was bright blue and about the size of my paw and it was very heavy. Anyways thank you guys I will meet you back here with your reward. And I would try to bring a lot of items to use against him.”

Tiger smiles and said “Alright adventure time, adventure time.” She ran home to tell her parents about the adventure she was going to have.

Mimi had finished putting the costume back on, and emerged from the bush. They thought about what the Whooper said, and went home. Her father, a old gengar, was home with Mimi's mother, a Mimikyu. "I made new friiiiiiiends." Mimi explained, imitating Wesley. "Now I go to a lake dungeon with them!" she added. Mimi's father turned to face Mimi, along with Mimi's mother who were kinda wide eyed. "So early? You're so young, and you only know around three moves!" the mother responded. "I feel so proud." The father said, starting to fill her pack. Mimi waited, and sat.

GiantNidoking

Previously DenzuruTheLegendaryHunter
Crockory noticed something odd. Where was he, when was it? He seen a town somewhere north and then realized he was able to dig there fast. "Woah, how did I do that," he asked himself. Then he realized that he didn't dig there, but dug out the side of a large hill. He looked down and sighed. "I guess I overestimated myself."