• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon:Lux et Tenebrae Discussion

@DragonSam98, thank you for letting me know that. Aura has been with Storm for a very long time, and their bond is very strong compared to that of trainer who just caught that pokemon. I was thinking that they would have a connection to where they can speak to one another, but only to one another.

@Hecotoro, Storm has actually recorded a few songs, a few of them are in the rock genre, so it is likely that he might recognize the music if anything. It is more of the acoustic version, but it would still be considered rock.

Well, before anything else, I'd first need to get approved. Here's what I've put together since last night.

Trainer

Name: Cody Manwe

Appearance: Nothing special; just another face that blends with the crowd.

Outfit: Wears an outdated "cooltrainer" Letterman jacket no longer recognized by the League, ever since the official implementation of the "Ace Trainer" status. (The imitation is a symbol of fandom rather than status, sort of like a Jerome Bettis football jersey.)

Personality: Like a child who constantly challenges others to races, contests to see who can jump the highest, or who can hold his breath the longest, etc, Cody constantly seeks to both prove and improve himself. For better or worse, he is highly motivated, impatient to get things done, yet determined to do them the right way, without skipping steps. He regards his fellow pokemon trainers as curiosities and potential allies instead of roadblocks or stepping stones, and avoids fights with them when he can. In training and actual battle, he has no sense of restraint, and would rather see true enemies utterly incapacitated than allowed a second shot after observing his battle style. A team player with people, but not with pokemon, Cody utilizes only a single animal combat partner.

Brief Backstory: Once a member of Johto's Blackthorn Gym, Cody is currently on a leave of absence. Ever since he went over Leader Clair's head, and appealed to the Dragon Master for the right to train a True Dragon- which was accepted after trial- Clair has been on bitter terms with him. His sojourn to the Omnia Region was less about accepting the Champion challenge, and more about letting Clair cool down while reestablishing his worth as a dragon tamer. (This backstory is based on an actual story I wrote on PokeCharms: "The Dratini Trial Letters.")

Inventory: Pokedex/phone, wallet with PokeCenter Health Insurance Plan card, several changes of underclothes, water purifier & jars of peanut butter, aspirin & disinfectant, map/compass, Book of Proverbs, Book of Herblore, a large and EXTREMELY resilient umbrella.

Pokemon

Name: Dratini (No nickname)

Species: Dratini

Type: Dragon

Personality: Typical to his species, Cody's Dratini overflows with life force, regularly exhibiting all the terrible energy of a dozen toddlers. He is always moving, doing aerial flips, or charging his immediate area with crackling elemental power. Those naive enough to consider him "cute" tend to change their opinion after a few stressful minutes around him (at any rate, they can better appreciate why Cody only trains one pokemon). Dratini enjoys almost any physical task, no matter how painful, pointless, or seemingly impossible; however, he despises anything mundane, subtle, or requiring patience. Dratini is perpetually cheerful outside of battle, but in combat, the natural pride of dragons transforms him into a berserker. His die-hard durability goes far beyond what mere appearance would suggest, but his inability to check his limits sometimes puts him in real danger of death before fainting.

Backstory: After completing a somewhat lesser version of the Johto Journey with a different Dratini, Cody was eventually permitted to fish his own from Dragon Den. The struggle took ten hours. Dratini warmed up to him almost immediately after the initial encounter, given their similarity of temperament, but made it painfully clear why dragons are such a task to train. As a parting gift of mercy to Cody, the Dragon Master taught his Dratini TM-025 (Thunder) purely for the sake of temporarily exhausting the little creature's energy now and then- at least, to a manageable level.

Favorite Moves: Thunder, Thunder Wave, Surf, Dragon Rage.

I am unreasonably happy to see this message posted. It shows me that you want this RP to be a hit; that you want to not only try out a couple gym leaders, but possibly, even the Champion one day, after all the dreaming you put into it.

How badly do you want it?

If you can draw the others through, at least to the end of the first gym challenge, I'll join you, now that you've accepted me. Moreover, I will be as active as you, and never fail to post as long as you've posted, within 48 hours. You have my word on that. I'll work with you, plan with you, encourage you, make time for you. I want to be in a roleplay that sees the end, for once.

But you gotta want it with me.