• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon:Lux et Tenebrae Discussion

I need to learn how to make decent scenes before I even start animating. XD

Also, I don't know anything about modeling, but there's a pretty good selection of models already made. I'm sure I can find some that represent our characters.

@EeviumZ

That's part of why my responses are so slow. Don't feel bad, I'm right there with you. :p

@EeviumZ
@EmoKitty21
@ThePlayfulFox
@Hecotoro

Yo. Got something to show you guys. It's old, but it encapsulates my mindset as a roleplayer.
https://pokecharms.com/threads/brainstorming-a-worthy-pokemon-rp.18869/

DragonSam keeps asking everyone if they're still on for this, and everyone keeps saying yes. The last post was his, five days ago. By pattern recognition, there was bound to be a rallying call soon, followed by yet another round of "I'm sorry, I'll try, I forgot, is it my turn, etc," before the process starts over again. My question is: are you REALLY still interested? If not, why not just say "no," and have done with it? If you are, why can't you set aside 5-10 minutes a day, or at least, every other day? I just checked, and everyone here's visited Pokecharms within the last ten hours. It's not because you lack the time to do this. Sam's not crazy; it's entirely reasonable of him to keep wondering why people who habitually frequent this site continue to blow off the story they signed up for. I get that we're all here as volunteers, writing for leisure, but it's no fun investing in something that everyone else drags out by negligence. I've been through the same song and dance many times. Why do you think I chose to hold off until the first gym badge? Two and a half months, now- and counting. I've tried to be patient, but this needed to be said. Quit, or commit.

It's a slow moving RP as far as I see it. When Sam is on we roleplay, when he isn't we wait. I wish I could the story along but I don't have the knowledge of the plot. I can't just roleplay ahead when the creator isn't present. Plus, that might also add more things to do to Sam, having to read all the new post and having to have Lauren catch up would be annoying. It's better to go at the pace of the creator then to just aimlessly wonder around and go off the plot story.

@Pokemon Fanfiction Novels
@EmoKitty21
@Hecotoro
@EeviumZ
@ThePlayfulFox

Hey guys, sorry it took so long for me to get back to this. Pokemon Fanfiction Novels said pretty much everything I wanted to say, but was afraid to. I'll be honest here I almost lost interest in this. this is partly due to the speed at which the role play is proceeding, but also lack of communication between all of us participating.

This very much reminds me of the first couple of roleplays that I ran on another site. there would be a surge in activity, and then silence until I prompted my fellow players and got the same answer. "We're all busy right now." When they were clearly online, just in other forums.

And so with my inability to assert myself, as well as those past experiences. I really lost focus here, and I am sorry for that.

Hecotoro raises an important point, and I think I may know a way to help fix this. Another reason why I've been so silent, is that I've been struggling to figure out what to have Lauren do.

So the first thing is that you guys don't I need to be afraid continuing your characters conversations. I promise that if I have something to post I will post it. As I said it's kind of hard for me to respond to every single interaction. It certainly doesn't help that Lori is very introverted and quiet by nature.

On my end, I'm going to use NPCs more frequently to keep the flow of the game continuing on . This should help give me more to work with. This is not the fault of the anyone in the role-play currently. This is one of those things I think happens with a really small group.

Finally, we need to communicate. If you have concerns with the role play, aren't sure what to do, or even have an idea to try and add to the overall story. Please do not hesitate to let me know. Ping me in this thread, or message me. I can't do much of anything if people aren't giving me something to work with. The worst thing I could say is no.

I will also do my part to respond as often as I can. I'm loving your guy's characters, and if we can really work at this we can see a great story to completion for once, but we have to work together.

Thank you for sticking with me this far, I'm counting on you guys!

Let's make something great! :D

@Hecotoro

Right now? We need to get the characters together, then the first story battle against Heinrich will happen.

I am going to be working on a simple map to help, but it isn't needed for this part, since the boat dropped Allie, and Stacy off just down the street for Lauren, Ron, and Storm.

I will be posting a little later on. Right now I'm heading to bed. Twas one of those nights. XD