• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Fateful Adventure Kanto RP (13+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That was great, your Vlad was it? was amazing!" Kelk replied as Palmer was reacquiring his vines back, "Hi, im Kelk, and this is my partner, Palmer." Kelk said as he put out his right hand, Palmer stood proudly next to Kelk as he spoke.

"That vine shield was also quite spectacular!" He replied.
"I'm Gabriel. My partners are Vladimir and Dillon. " He shook Kelk's hand.
"I would have them greet you, but they're pretty worn out right now... Sorry about that, heh." He scratched his head, embarrassed.

"No its fine i understand, You did do really good too Palmer" Kelk told Palmer who was feeling very confident by the compliments he was receiving, "Its great to meet you Gabriel. Hmm actually i just remembered." Kelk said as he pulled his newly obtained Pokedex from his pocket, and looked up Dewpider, "so Dewpider can breath out of water due to its water bubble on its head, interesting" Kelk thought in his mind, he put away his 'Dex. "Ya, thanks again for your help" Kelk told Gabriel, "oh right i forgot! i have to go to the daycare and pick up my Pokemon i left there earlier, see ya!" Kelk told him and began running off with Palmer trailing behind him.

"I'm glad I could be of service! Til' next time, Kelk and Palmer!" He shouted while waving.
He then set his sights on the teenage girl behind him. He started to get quite nervous.

Kelk finally arrived at the Daycare he opened the door to the field and immediately 2 Pokemon started sprinting at him full speed, Audia, Kelk's Meowth jumped up on him and rested on his shoulder, "Hi there Audia good to see you!" Kelk told his feline friend, the second Pokemon was Fievel the Nidorino charged at him with his horn, knocking Kelk down to the floor, Audia hissing as she was flying in the air gracefully landing on the grass with all fours , The happy Nidorino began nuzzling Kelk on his cheek, "good to see you too Fievel." Kelk told his other Pokemon while out of breath. alright, Audia, Fievel return to Your Poke Balls, as the red beam hit the 2 Pokemon and they returned to their poke balls, Kelk went up to the Daycare Lady. "Excuse me he told the lady, can i have my egg back i left here a few hours ago?" The lady happily gave Kelk back his egg, "Thanks!" he told her, and put the egg in his backpack on a soft spot. And so, Kelk and his Pokemon (and egg) walked out of the day care, "hmm, maybe i should run back to Lavender Town and see how its going there" Kelk told himself, as he picked up Palmer and started running to the way they came.

Barda thought that she needed to be alone so he did the same as her and traveled to Cerulean city but first he needed to train his Pokemon so he did and Pidgeo evolved into a Pidgeotto. Once he arrived at Cerulean city Barda saw the strange girl again but left her alone and set his sight onto the gym. Barda entered the gym and was greeted by Misty the Gym leader. “Welcome to the Cerulean gym are you here to challenge me,” said Misty, “Yes I am,” said Barda, “Then let the battle begin go staryu,” “Go Paki use thunderbolt,” Paki uses thunderbolt it was super effective and staryu fainted. “Go Starmie,” said Misty, “Starmie use water gun,” Starmie uses water gun and Paki was hit by it but Paki stayed strong. “Ok Paki use thunderbolt,” Paki uses thunderbolt and Starmie was damaged a lot but was still standing, “Now use quick attack and finish this,” Paki uses quick attack and Starmie fainted and Barda beated Misty and claimed the Cascade badge. After the battle Barda and his team rested up at a near by PMC.

Last edited:
While he was resting Barda found a chance to buy a water stone for 1,000 poke dollars and gave it to Vapouria. “Here Vapouria use it if yo want to evolve I am not forcing you,” and in a split second Vapouria used the water stone and evolved into a Vaporeon. So now Barda and his team rested up and their next stop is Vermilion city.

Last edited:
After Barda and his team had rested up they made their way to Vermilion city but on his way there he saw an oddish and went to capture it and he did caught it and the name he chose for the oddish was Voli. After he caught Voli he saw Kelk at the daycare centre again with Pokemon on top of him so Barda went over to him and said, “Hi again I saw you at Viridian city before and never gotten to say hello and by the way my name is Barda and this is Chard my first Pokemon he evolved from a Charmander.”

Last edited:
"oh, hello again." Kelk told Barda, "Im Kelk good to meet you." Kelk told him, Palmer looked at the Charmeleon in spite, he was not the biggest fan of fire. "im on my way to Lavender Town for the second time, it looks like your doing your gym battles, have fun with that i suppose." Kelk told him, Palmer let out a growl at the charmeleon, "ill see you around" Kelk told him as he walked down Route 8

“Yeah see you later when I have become stronger and I might see you in lavender town,” yelled Barda as Kelk left for lavender town, “Let’s keep going to Vermilion city and defeat the next gym.” Now Barda and Chard head down route 6 to get the 3rd gym badge.

Last edited:
As Kelk walked to Lavender Town, he thought about moving to Johto, he always wanted to go, and when they passed by it when he was moving from Sinnoh on boat, he loved the sight of it. When he becomes a stronger trainer, Kelk wants to move there, maybe not even move, just visit. he wanted to experience Johto for himself, when he would return to kanto, he would have new Pokemon, and new skills as well, he remembered what the boy said about gym battles, he thought about it, but he didn't think that it would benefit too much, he felt traveling was a much better way to get stronger.

After the battle had ended, Amari clutched her Eevee tightly... It seemed to have a strange aura around it, and wasn't fit to fight. She desperately searched for help when she saw Kelk, at which she didn't know his name, walk back into town. She thought the first thing she had to do was thank him.
"Hey, thanks for earlier... what's your name?"

Barda and his team have now reached Vermilion city where he will get his next gym badge. He entered the gym and was ready to fight the gym leader Lt. Surge. “Welcome to my gym private,” said Lt. Surge, “I am here to challenge you to a battle go Voli,” said Barda after sending out Voli, “Well if it is a battle you want you get it go Voltorb,” “Voli use Poison Powder,” Voltorb was poisoned, “Voltorb use explosion,” Voltorb exploded and fainted dealing damage to Voli but Voli was still standing but very injured but after Voltorb exploded Voli evolved into a Gloom. “Go Pikachu and use Quick Attack on that Gloom,” Voli fainted. “Go Chard lets win this battle and use Flamethrower,” Flamethrower dealing tons of damage fainted Surge’s Pikachu, “Alright Go Raichu.” It was a stand off between 2 strong Pokemon but eventually Raichu fainted and Barda and his team won and gained the Thunder badge. After a good rest at the PMC Barda and Chard set off to Lavender town to see his new friend Kelk.

Last edited:
On his way to Lavender town Barda thought it was a good time to train his Pokemon on route 8 and Chard and Pidgeo evolved into a Charizard and a Pidgeot. When he arrived he saw Kelk and went over to say hi but he also saw a girl younger than him with an Eevee in her arms. “Hey Kelk hows it going and who are you talking,” said Barda with Chard and Vapouria walking behind him. “Rrrrrooooaaaarrr,” roared Chard, “Vaporeon,” said Vapouria.

Last edited:
"So I was ignored, huh?" Gabriel said to himself.
"Well, I guess I'm used to it by now..." He chuckled, but he could not help but feel quite sad.

"So Kelk's back already, huh? He must have ran to daycare and back. I'm sure he can help out that Eevee."

He then buried his hands in his pockets, and strolled toward the Pokemon Center.

“Wait a minute who is that,” said Barda, “Hey you going to the PMC why dong you come over here and greet yourself,” yelled Barda getting Gabriel’s attention.

Last edited:
Gabriel froze, and slowly turned around. Next to Kelk and the young girl he helped save, he also saw a black-haired boy around the same age as him calling to someone.

At first, Gabriel assumed that he meant somebody else, until he looked around and discovered that he was the only person walking toward the PMC at the time.

"Uh oh..." Gabriel mumbled to himself.

Convinced by now that the boy was talking to him, he slowly walked over to the group.

“Hi I’m Barda what’s your name,” said Barda. “Oh yeah this is Chard my first partner and Vapouria that I rescued from a team rocket grunt when it was an Eevee.”

Barda gives Gabriel a handshake being very kind to him like he does to other people. “Hey why were on your own by any chance and looking sad?”

Last edited:
He rested his hand on Barda's shoulder, and led him a bit further from Kelk and the young girl, and then whispered to him:

"Basically, I had helped that boy over there defend the girl when she was in trouble with some wild Ghost Pokemon. But, after the battle had been won, she ran straight to the boy, as if I was just a bystander." He confessed.

"I didn't want any praise or anything... Y'know, just an introduction, or a nice little chat."

" Though, I will admit I'm probably not worthy of her time. Heck, I'm lucky that boy over there, Kelk, even took the time to notice me..." He sighed.

“Hey don’t beat yourself up she was scared I bet and i think she has a good reason to go to Kelk maybe his Pokemon and him protected her and she feels more safe around him plus you defeated the Pokemon for them and that makes you a good person,” Barda whispered.

Just then Barda saw a Cubone being attacked by team rocket grunts and told Gabriel. “Hey dude I see a Cubone being attacked by team rocket why not help me protect this Cubone,” said Barda being worried.

“How about this come over and help me when you feel like it I won’t judge you I am just going to help that Pokemon,” said Barda, “Hey Kelk don’t leave without me or Gabriel I am going to be right back,” telling Kelk as he runs off.

Chard and Vapouria followed Barda to help. “Hey grunts leave this Cubone alone or Chard might give you something that you deserve,” said Barda, “No way that Pokemon is ours and we’re going to make a lot of money from it,” said the grunt while laughing, “Go Koffing,” “Chard use Slash on that Koffing now before it poison you,” Chard uses Slash on Koffing knocking it back. “Now use Wing Attack and finish that Koffing off,” Chard uses Wing Attack and won the battle saving the Cubone. “You haven’t seen the last of me,” says the grunt as he runs off. Suddenly the Cubone didn’t want Barda to leave and wanted to be on his team, “Ok you can join me beside we need a ground type like you on the team,” says Barda as he captures the Cubone. “Welcome to the team Mora,” as he returns to the group and telling Gabriel secretly that it was ok if he didn’t want to help because Barda still thinks Gabriel is a good person.

Last edited:
“O-oh! Sure! I’d love to show you around.” She scratched the back of her neck nervously. This was odd to her, not only did she almost never have visitors, but showing someone around the tower was new, too. “Would you want to leave now, or maybe you’d like to come inside?” Her Ninetales curiously eyed Marowak, her tails waving around.
Conner thought about her question for about 2 minutes. "How about we rest up here before heading for the tower. After all, we haven't gotten any rest since we arrived in Kanto" He said, looking a bit worn out. "Mind if me and Marowak rest up for a bit? It shouldn't take us too long" He said with a reassuring smile.

"Oh, heh no problem i guess, but Gabriel did most of the work to be honest." Kelk told her as he entered Lavender Town, "Oh right, I'm Kelk, nice to meet you." Kelk told her.

Name: Hunter
Personality:Laid back but rather clever, he's usalaly to busy playing video games to realize what time it is.
Backstory: Hunters parents got a divorce when he was 7, (of course he didnt understand it properly at that time.) About 2 years later his Dad died in a car crash. He despretly searched for his mom but couldn't find her. He was given a Cyndaquil by the professor and became close friends with it. 8 years later he decided to take a trip to Kanto and go on a journey. He just walked in to lavender town to catch a Gastly.
Pokemon:Cinder, (Cyndaquil) Saliva, (Shiny Likitung).

Suddenly, while Kelk was speaking a glow in his backpack, "Huh?" Kelk exclaimed, he reached into his bag and pulled out his glowing egg, the egg was hatching, the introduction with the girl would have to wait a few seconds. He put the egg on the floor and after a few glows it hatched into a Cyndaquil, but what Kelk noticed about it, was it was a different color. instead of the green ones he had seen before it was a light reddish brown. The Cyndaquil sat on the floor confused of its location, he looked directly at Kelk and Palmer in front of him. "Hey there buddy!" Kelk told his new Pokemon excitedly, He seemed happy and healthy but he looked confused, "I'll name you...Milo" Kelk told him as he picked him up from the floor.

Gabriel peered over Kelk's shoulder to look at the newborn Cyndaquil.
"Wow!" He exclaimed.
"Your egg hatched? That's incredible! So is that why you had to rush off to daycare before?"

He rushed over to Kelk's side to get a better look at the new Pokemon, his eyes filled with wonder and bewilderment.

Kelk looked over to see Gabriel standing behind him, "I also went to get my other Pokemon, but ya, i knew it would be time soon." Kelk told him, Milo seemed at ease that he was around nice people. He hopped out of Kelk's hands and the flames on his back erupted in short bursts, Palmer walked up to him and seemed to be talking in their own language for a little bit.

As Barda returns to the group, “Hey your egg hatched nice and maybe Chard and Milo can play together nicely sometime,” Barda said. “Hey I got an idea why not we all go on an adventure together we can see everything together and train our Pokemon together as well to get them stronger,” suggesting Barda. “Rrrroooaaaarrr,” roared Chard, “Vaporeon,” said Vapouria as they were walking with Barda behind him.

Kelk looked over, Milo seemed almost weary of all the attention, "Adventure? i never thought about it." Kelk told him. Kelk looked over to Milo and Palmer, he looked at his 2 poke balls attached to his belt, "why not, sounds like fun." Kelk finally told him he looked over at Gabriel who was still examining Milo, "well i dont know about Gabriel, but im in!" Kelk told Barda, Palmer looked pleased and Milo squealed happily.

“Great and what about you uhhh... what’s your name though forgot to ask,” Barda asking the young girl with the Eevee. “And Gabriel you in as well?”

Last edited:
“Well anyway i’m am heading to Celadon city for my 4th gym badge if you want to come along then you can I would like some more company,” said Barda, “And I am sorry I couldn’t get your name though little one and just stay safe ok,” telling the young girl while smiling at her, “Welp I am off catch up to me if you want to join,” yelled Barda as he walks off to Celadon city.

(Ok I added hometown)
Katelyn was walking down to the pokemart with her Eevee. It was nestled in her hair. She turned a corner, and saw the gym. She had always wanted to challenge it, but she wasn’t strong enough. “Maybe someday.” She said to eevee. Eevee purred in agreement.

(Look at post 3 and look for when I introduced my character and details about him and we don’t do what lvl our Pokemon are and we give our Pokemon nicknames for the ones that join our team ok and edit the reply of your character’s details and what Pokemon they have pls and the hometown must be in the Kanto region ok)

Amari would be pleased "I'd be fine to join you Barda." her Plusle and Minun (Sparky and Zappy) jumped to her shoulders

Gabriel stepped back.
"I don't think I'm cut out for that kind of stuff..." Gabriel nervously chuckled.

"I'd be happy to accompany you if I see you around, though. And if you ever need help, you know who to call!" Gabriel said with a wide smile.

With one last thumbs up, he dug his hands in his pockets and strolled back toward the PMC.

Status
Not open for further replies.