• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Fateful Adventure Kanto RP (13+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Ok see you later Gabriel and get stronger,” yelled Barda, “Let’s go guys and before we get to Celadon city lets train our Pokemon on the route before Celadon city alright.”

When they reached route 7 Barda and his companions sat down at a nice grassy plain and camped there for the night so they set up their tents and Kelk went to train his Pokemon while Amari and Barda made dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kelk came back to the spot along with Palmer, Milo, Audia and Fievel walking next to him. "something smells good." Kelk exclaimed as he was walking to the campout "Alright Audia and Fievel, return, good work everyone." Kelk told his Pokemon, Palmer has never been in his pokeball before, and Milo wasn't used to it yet, "Hey whats going on guys?" Kelk asked with his hands behind his head.

Last edited:
“Just made dinner and also teaching Amari how to cook so how was your training and also let our Pokemon eat as well they deserve it,” said Barda as he served the food to everyone and to the Pokemon, “Alright come on out team dinner is ready,” as he send out his Pokemon team.

“Alright, come on in then.” Lyré smiled, opening the door wide to reveal the inside of her enormous house. Sali flew around in circles close to the roof, until she spotted Conner. She let out a squeal, and nudged him playfully.

“Alright, come on in then.” Lyré smiled, opening the door wide to reveal the inside of her enormous house. Sali flew around in circles close to the roof, until she spotted Conner. She let out a squeal, and nudged him playfully.
Conner let out a whistle as he walked into the big house. "Nice place you got here" he said as he suddenly felt something nudging him. He turned around, surprised to see a Dragonair. "Whoa, cool! I never saw a Dragonair before!" he said as he petted it. Marowak walked up to Lyré and started lightly hitting her leg with its bone.

Name: Stephen
Town of Residence/Hometown: Vermilion City
Appearance
: Curly brown hair. He's relatively tall at 5'9. He has light brown eyes. Has brown skin and dark blue glasses. Wears a yellow hoodie and grey sweatpants. Also Yellow and black sneakers.
Personality: Wacky, Cartoony, funny, Cheerful, and an all around positive guy... on the surface. On the inside however, he is extremely depressed about his lost sister.
Backstory: One day, around 10 years ago, Stephen's sister: Chloe, was caught with a yellow Magikarp by Team Rocket, and was quickly kidnapped. Ever since, Stephen has trained with his Pokémon to get revenge on Team Rocket, and save his sister, wherever she is. No other memory can be remembered.
Pokemon: Gloom
(Rosemary), Charmeleon (Kevin), Lapras (Sally), and Pidgeot (Jacob).

As Stephen walked through the forest, out on his usual late night walk to train, he smelled something in the air, "Food" Stephen said to himself. Hoping to get one step closer to getting his sister back, he stealthily sneaked to the site where he sensed the food. As he was hiding in the bushes, he accidently stepped on a twig "shoot".

Last edited:
“Hey you guys heard that right,” said Barda, “It sounded like it cane that bush I will be right back ok come Chard,” said Barda as he went to check, “Hello anyone here?”

"Noise in a bush?" Kelk wondered, "might be a Pokemon of some sort." He told Barda, Kelk walked behind him, Milo and Palmer close behind. Milo's flames ignited and Palmer showed a fierce expression.

Chard was ready for who ever or whatever is there building up fire in his mouth waiting for something to attack he was ready.

“It was probably nothing let’s go back and eat before it gets cold,” said Bardaas he returned to the camp.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the group have ate their food it was getting close to dark and all the Pokemon were resting in their poke balls. “Alright I am going to hit the hay now see you guys in the morning *yawn*,” said Barda.

((Sorry about the repost, just gonna solidify the fact that these are the characters I'll be using.))
Name: Zuru/Zara

Species: Frillish

Personality: Zuru and Zara, male and female Frillish respectively, are mischievous and malicious, as all good Frillish should be. Zuru, the male, is calm, collected, and strategic, with a dark sense of humor, whilst Zara, the female, is energetic, malicious, and deceptive. Both are constantly seen around each other, tormenting other Pokemon whenever they see fit for entertainment. They are both adept in combat, but they much prefer to flee from battle, should they be targeted. Both of them, however, are only mediocre as Pokemon, and cannot be considered neither strong, nor inherently weak. They act like close lifelong friends, but it is unknown as to whether or not there is any romance between them. (There most likely isn’t.)

Characteristics: Zuru and Zara are easily discernible from each other, as one is a male and the other is female. In spite of this, they each have their own recognizable marks that separate them from basic Frillish. Zuru’s right fin is cut halfway, leaving it much shorter, but still usable, than the other. Zara, in turn, is missing half of one of her three lower-body tentacles, making both of them seem unbalanced. Neither of them, however, are bothered by these partly missing limbs.
tLrw1mZ.png

(Bulbapedia image for Frillish, male and female, with edits done in Microsoft Paint 3D to portray the missing limbs)
Backstory: Zuru and Zara are nearly the same age, but said age is unknown to all but themselves. The two refuse to reveal where they met, how the met, or if they’re even related at all, but there is suspicion that the two are simply siblings, but it could be just as likely that the two simply met each other at a young age and bonded. However they met, the two Frillish lived a young life of pranks, mischief, and the occasional murder of an unsuspecting human or Pokemon. It was in the attempt of drowning a machete-wielding human that they both consecutively lost parts of their limbs, which, for whatever reason, have yet to grow back to this day. Despite this, the two have easily adjusted to their disabilities and have long since returned to their lives of tormenting others who are unlucky enough to come across them. They have their eyes out especially for humans, and have remained with a grudge to this day for having lost part of their limbs to them.
Stats:
(Statistics, levels, move power, power points, and the like are simply for visualization, not for actual, mathematical values. If Pokemon are living, thinking, and breathing animals, they wouldn't have set values to their strengths or weaknesses, and thus these are not to be taken as exactly correct, nor even closely correct.)
Level - 43

Hp - 113
Atk - 57
Def - 61
Spec. Atk - 74
Spec. Def - 81
Spd - 52

Ability & Nature:
Nature - Naughty (+Atk, -Spec. Def)
Ability - Cursed Body (If hit with a physical attack, that move will be unusable for a short time.)
(Due to questions about the relevancy of logic in both the Pokemon anime and theoretical reality, these Pokemon have more than for moves each. If this is against any rule that I seem to have missed, inform me of it and I will fix this immediately. Take into consideration that the "power" number is only to help visualize how strong the move would be if used right, not as an actual, predetermined value of damage, as a living being wouldn't have a set amount of health or a set amount of damage per attack.)
Move --|-- Power / Effect
Water Sport | -- / Dowse the surroundings with water that halves power of Fire-type moves by anyone in the vicinity
Absorb | 20 / Drain life to deal damage and heal the user for half the damage dealt
Night Shade | -- / Attack with a mirage that deals damage equivalent to the target's combat ability (The better fighter they are, the stronger the move))
Bubble Beam | 65 / Fires a beam of bubbles that may slightly lower speed
Recover | -- / Regenerating cells recovers half the user's health

(Zuru and Zara's missing limbs are not affected by Recover, and remain absent.)
Water Pulse | 60 / Release a sonic wave of water that may confuse the target
Ominous Wind | 60 / Blow a mysterious damaging wind that may boost all the user's stats at once
Brine | 65 / Attack with water that doubles in power if the target is weakened

(Because of the whole "Pokemon are living creatures" thing, this move has been simplified to deal double damage to a weakened Pokemon, rather than "half health")
Rain Dance | -- / An elegant dance that summons rain for a short time
Hex | 65 / A ghostly attack that doubles in power if the target is afflicted with a status condition
((And now I begin))

Salt water splashed calmly along the shoreline of Vermilion city. Water Pokemon of many kinds drifted lazily through the water, and all seemed calm. Placid. Serene. There was little activity anywhere among the waves, nothing of interest and nothing of action.

Two forms of Pokemon slowly bobbed up from the deep, one a light, sky blue and the other a vibrant pink. Both were deep below the surface, and they hardly moved. The forms drifted slowly, eerily closer to the shoreline, approaching a single, oblivious lone Pokemon, a Wingull, perched on a rock. There were no sudden movements as the figures drew near to the seagull Pokemon, and the bird, in return, barely registered their existence. But the figures were getting closer still, and now they had begun to rise to the surface.

The Wingull peered at the suspiciously close figures out of the corner of its eye, noting their distinct color and bulbous shape. When the bird turned to glare at the approaching duo, there was a sudden, violent rush of movement; the figures erupting from the water and lunging at the bird before it could escape. The last thing the Wingull saw before being enveloped by the paws of the duo were their ghastily grins, brimming with anticipation of the Wingull's suffering.

And they were gone. The rock stood empty, no trace of any life having ever set foot to rest upon it. And the two haunting figures slowly disappeared below the waves of blue once more.

((I tried my best but for whatever reason could not discern where everyone else is roleplaying in the Kanto region. Could somebody fill me in on that?

Also, apologies on behalf of the other roleplayers for the ignorance of the rules. Completely disregarded a few of them myself, and I'm promising I'll do better in the future.))

Last edited:
In the morning Barda woke up early before the others to some extra training with his Pokemon further away from the camp so he won’t bother the rest of the group. After he did his training him and his Pokemon went and started making breakfast for the others and him and some Pokemon food for the Pokemon.

Name: Si
Hometown: Hearthome city, Sinnoh
Pokémon: Kirlia, Prinplup, Dratini, And beldum
Personality: Anxious, but very loyal and caring about people he considers close friends.
Appearance: stylishly dressed with a black leather jacket And a gray jeans and t-shirt. Wears a purple scarf that he got from the Gym leader Fantina. He has Dirty blonde hair and Steel Gray eyes.
Backstory: he grew up in the Sinnoh region with his first Pokémon, ralts. He received a runaway pickup from Professor Rowan, and the two quickly became good partners. He took on the first three yes of Sinnoh, and after the Eterna gym received a Dratini egg from his cousin Cynthia, the Sinnoh Champion. He’s always felt pressured to become more powerful, as his cousin is the Champion. Wanting to grow in experience, his parents sent him to Vermillion City to train with Lieutenant Surge.

Si walked out of the SS Anne and saw the brilliant Vermillion city. He looked around, and saw the Vermillion gym. He walked towards it, but then stopped suddenly as a large voice shouted: “Hahahah! You must be Si! I heard from your parents that you want to train under me!” Si quietly responded, “yes sir, Lt. Surge! I want to train and become strong enough to take on the Sinnoh league!” Lt. Surge instructed him for a while, and then sent Si to Celadon City to start collecting the last five gym badges of Kanto. On his way to Celadon, Si came upon a camp of other trainers eating breakfast with their Pokémon. Si cautiously asked, “Hi, are you guys going to Celadon City?”

After Gabriel had successfully rejuvenated his small team, he decided to sit down and rethink his entire strategy. He wanted to make sure that he was still pushing himself and his team, but not to the point of extreme exhaustion.
Thus, he pulled out a folded map from under his beanie, opened it up, and began mumbling to himself, trying to devise a strategy that would prove most beneficial to him and his team.

"Oh, shoot!" Gabriel exclaimed.
"I said I would visit the Pokemon Tower, didn't I?"
Gabriel then concluded that he would visit the Pokemon Tower before anything else. He had hoped other trainers would be there too, as the Tower had been rumored to be haunted by many Ghost Pokemon, and he couldn't dream of handling them alone.
With that, Gabriel put away his map, and made his way over to the Tower.

“Oh yes we are thank you for asking we’re just about. Hey why not you join us on our adventure it will be great I tell ya,” said Barda with a smile, “By the way what is your name?”

“Wow! Thanks. My names Si. I came all the way from Sinnoh, and I’m training under Lt. Surge. He told me to challenge the Celadon gym.” Si realized he hadn’t asked their names, and so he laughed and said, “Sorry, I didn’t ask what are your names?”

“Oh yeah my name is Barda this boy here is Kelk and this cute young girl is Amari we’re travelling around Kanto to defeat all the gyms well only I am though but they come along to help and I have 3 badges already. Lt. Surge was hard to beat but I managed and now we are going to Celadon city for my next badge,” said Barda.

“Wow that’s Amazing! I collected the first three gym badges in Sinnoh, but I heard that the trainers here in Kanto are much stronger than even my cousin Cynthia!” Si pauses for a moment before speaking again. “Hey this is a weird question, but do you want to have a battle to train for the gym?”

“Pidgeo dodge it quick and than use Ariel Ace on that Kirlia,” said Barda as his Pidgeo dodged the attack and used Ariel Ace. “Oh yeah one thing Pidgeo is very fast and it will land a hit.”

“Pidgeo don’t let that hypnosis hit you or you’ll fall asleep use Quick Attack to get away from it,” said Barda as his Pokemon dodged the attack and went and used Quick Attack on the Kirlia.

Last edited:
“Kirlia, Watch ou......” but pidgeot had already landed the quick attack. Kirlia fell, and struggled to get up. “Kirlia return!” Si said. “Now, Go Prinplup!””Use metal claw on Pidgeot!”

Pidgeo did not have time to react and the metal claw hit him and Pidgeo fainted from that attack, “Pidgeo buddy you alright you have a good rest now. Wow you have guts now it is my turn go Voli and use Energy Ball on that Prinplup,” said Barda as he sent out his Gloom.

“Prinplup! Dodge quick and use peck!” Prinplup dodged just barely, recieving a little damage from the Energy Ball, but than Prinplup charged at full speed with peck.

“Voli dodge it,” but it was already too late the peck attack hitted Voli and fainted, “Go Paki and use Thunderbolt and do it quick and return Voli you did good now have a rest,” said Barda as his Pikachu used Thunderbolt and the attack hitted Prinplup making Prinplup faint.

“Paki dodge it,” Paki dodged the attack, “Alright now use Quick Attack on that Dratini,” said Barda as his Pikachu used Quick Attack.

“Dratini dodge and use leer to lower that Pikachu’s defenses!” Dratini’s body skill,fully dodged the quick attack, then Dratini turned back and gave a threatening look to Pikachu.

Paki felt uneasy and it’s defence had fell and was vulnerable, “Paki use Thunderbolt now before that Dratini attacks,” said Barda as the Paki used Thunderbolt and with its 100% the Thunderbolt hits Dratini damaging it really badly but not fainting it.

Dratini was noticeably low on health, and Si was worried. he had to make a move quickly. “Dratini! Charge at Pikachu and use Slam!” Dratini charged at almost light speed toward the Pikachu, and a dust cloud rose up, blocking the trainers’ view of the outcome of the battle.

“Paki if you can hear me use iron tail now while Dratini is there,” said Barda just then Dratini flew out of the smoke and fainted while Paki was still standing but then fainted, “Paki you alright you did good rest now.” At the same time Si and Barda threw out their last Pokemon, “Go Chard,” “Rrrrrooooaaaaarrrr,” roared the Charizard as it was all heated up and ready to battle.

“Dratini come back!” “Alright, Go Beldum!” The shiny Beldum popped out of it’s pokèball, it’s body a glimmering white. Si, who had never seen a Charizard before, took out his Pokédex. “Whoa. So that’s a Charizard! Amazing!” Si looked at Beldum determinedly, and said, “Alright Beldum hit Charizard with a zen headbutt!”

“Dodge Chard and use Flamethrower on that Beldum,” said Barda as Chard dodged the attack Chard used Flamethrower and with the strong bond of Barda and Chard the attack gotten more stronger and hitted Beldum that then fainted. Barda and Chard have won the battle, “Great job Chard you did great and hey you alright that was a great battle and hey if you travel with us you can be much more stronger and maybe be stronger than me what do you say,” said Barda with a smile of kindness.

“I’m in, It would be an honor. Your Pokémon are an amazing group, and I’m sure I’d learn a lot from you.” Si remembered why he came to the Kanto region, and looked up at Barda. “Haha anyway, let’s get to Celadon City!”

“Yeah lets go cmon guys we’re going to Celadon city,” said Barda as he told the group. After they had packed up they started to head off to Celadon city to fight the next gym. As they arrived to Celadon city the group went to the PMC to heal their Pokemon, “Alright it is getting close to dark let’s go find a hotel and stay their for the night,” Barda said to the group as they all agreed. When they found the hotel they went up to their rooms and slept in the beds till morning.

Before heading to the hotel, Si checked the PC at the PMC. “Oh cool! There’s a message from Dawn! And.......A.... Wow! A Staravia!” Si turned around and saw his new friends leaving the PMC. “Whoops! Hey Guys! Wait up!” He rejoined the group, and they checked into a hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.