• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon: Fateful Adventure Kanto RP (13+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarah stepped out from the Pokecenter and stretched. She slept good few hours and had her energy level back up or she just could really sleep. Anyway this was a new town and Sarah wanted to explore, even though it was still night and most of the people were probably still sleeping. Moon and stars were still shining in the sky and it looked like all the clouds were gone. She kinda wanted to train her Pokemon, but didn't want to disturb anyone.

Sarah looked around and saw few houses, a big tower and a trainer running after their pokemon, wait? Trainer running after their Pokemon? And it looked like they were coming to the pokecenters direction where she still was standing at.

"Midsy please slow down!" Sherly cried feeling the chilling wind o the back of her neck. Although blurry from the constant motion Sheryl made out a figure standing just outside her destination, "oh no!" slowing down she was just a few centimeters away from the the other, with an apologetic nod she prioritized getting Midsy back in her ball before frantically apologizing to the girl, "I am so sorry!" she bowed, "seriously I'm sorry my Misdreavus was acting up, so sorry!" Sheryl said at a lightning speed her head still down.

"It's ok" Sarah said to the trainer. "My pokemon do that sometimes to." She said to the trainer so she wouldn't feel so embarrassed for her pokemon.
"That was a Misdreavus, right?" Sarah said to the trainer.
"By the way I'm Sarah Buck" She said.

"ah yeah" awkwardly Sheryl scratched her head, "Sheryl Spring nice to meet you" she laughed nervously, "real sorry for nearly bumping into you, Midsy gets impatient when I get distracted" attaching Midsy to her belt with the rest she decided to change the subject, "so what are you doing out this late Sarah?" Sheryl smiled

"Nice to meet you to, and again it's ok." Sarah said to Sheryl and smiled.
"I'm kinda of a night owl and I just like to stay up." She said nervously. Sarah noticed that Sheryl changed the subject, but she understood why. She heard few ghost pokemon somewhere in the distance, but Sarah ignore them even though she was interested to get a ghost pokemon on her team.

Seeing a small shift in Sarah's face for a split second didn't escape from Sheryl's wild Alolan eyes. Clearing her throat she grabbed Midsy's ball again, "right I forgot she forgot to apologize too" throwing her ball in the air Midsy popped out hovering above Sheryl's shoulder,"now c'mon Midsy say sorry" gesturing to Sarah the ghost pokemon hesitated before telepathically sending a small sorry to the other trainer.

Sarah got was kinda shocked when she got the apology from the ghost pokemon telepathically, even though she knew that they could do things like that.
"Again it's ok and no one got hurt or anything" Sarah said both to the pokemon and trainer. Suddenly one of Sarah's pokeballs opened and on the ground was her Pikatchu Dynamo. Dynamo always got out of his pokeball when Sarah met another trainer, and it was sometimes kinda annoying. Dynamo was really competitive and got sometimes kind of cocky because of it.
"Pika Pika!" Said the electric mouse pokemon sounding like he was challenging the Misdreavus.
"Dynamo! You just can't get out of your ball every time we meet someone new! and it's in the middle of the night we can't battle right now even if you wanted to" Sarah said kinda embarrassed to her pokemon in turn.
"I'm sorry for Dynamo. He always does that when i meet a new trainer" She said to Sheryl with a nervous smile on her face.

todoroki

Previously gamora
@rubyrowlet @Captain Cardboard

Walking through the halls, Fenix came across Kale and Lyré talking. He stayed around the corner, nervous, but also, wanting to be sure they weren't in any paranormal activity. He peeked over the corner, before a Banette appeared behind him and pushed him to the ground, with a cruel snicker.

Last edited:
"I guess it's my turn to say it's okay" she laughed, "Well I don't mind battling, don't know if my pokemon are ready yet though." Sheryl eyes the Pikachu a hint of nervousness escaping from her tone, "well, we're gonna cause a commotion standing here,, what should we do?" scratching her cheek she wonders if it's time to leave the trainer alone so they can do as they please. Suddenly her belt shakes, signaling a very bad sign.
"woah, woah, woah. No Roarry you stay in your pokeball! we don't need a light show in the middle of the night. She struggles with her belt making sure Roarry stays inside, "sorry about this, my Growlithe is also pretty competitive." The ball pops open and Roarry lands with a howl.

Sarah laughed a bit, but dynamo on the other hand when he saw the Growlithe you could nearly see a spark in his eyes hoping to get a battle
" And now it's my turn to say it's ok, again" Sarah said and laughed a bit.
"I suppose that we could go to the Pokecenter" She said and points at the Pokecenter behind her with her thumb.
Dynamo still hoping to get a battle, goes into a battle stand.
"No! Not now Dynamo. Maybe later ok?" Sarah said to Dynamo. Dynamo looks at his trainer
"Pika..." He said sounding like a disappointed Ugh, fine. Sarah of course didn't like seeing her pokemon down, bends down and pets her Pikatchu.

"hahahaha, this is gonna be a never-ending cycle of sorry's and ok's" she looks down at Roarry who was growlling, "aie, can't budge him when he's like this" Sheryl looks at Sarah who was in the middle of comforting her pokemon, "hm, hey Dynamo was it?" she smiled at the electric mouse, "look here, if you let us rest until tomorrow I'll let you rumble with Roarry here all you want, deal?" she didn't wait for an acknowleging noise from the yellow ball, "Midsy Hypnosis!" she yelled, Midsy responded quickly doing her daily routine of of hypnotizing the troublesome pup to sleep, Sheryl streched, "I hope your little guy isn't mad Sarah" returning her two pokemon to their pokeballs she scratched her cheek again, an old habit of hers.

Last edited:
Dynamo looked happy when Sheryl promised that he could play/battle with Growlithe
"Is it ok if you return to your pokeball?" Sarah asked Dynamo, holding his pokeball in her hand. Dynamo nodded and returned to his poke ball.
"I think he's rather happy to know that he can play-battle tomorrow" Sarah said, got up and put Dynamos pokeball in her hoodies pocket.
"I guess we should get toa the pokecenter soon" Sarah said and stretched her arm a bit.

Last edited:
"yep!" Sheryl toothily smiled waving her arms in the air, "ahh, it's so cold!" she held her arms tightly.
She felt her belt wiggle again but this time it was softer, "seems like my team is itching to practice tomorrow, I hope you don't mind a morning routine of practice matches!" Sheryl turned to Sarah trying to get some hair out of her face.

"Nah, I wont mind. Actually i haven't battled another trainer in a while." Sarah said happily
and felt one of her pokeball shake a bit. Most likely it was Dynamo and Sarah smiles a bit.
"I guess we should go" She said and turned to Sheryl. The moon was still quite high up in the sky, so it would be several hours until it would be morning.

"hm" Sheryl stared at the prices marked for rooms, "man why does everything have to be a bit over my budget? Well Sarah, I'm guessing you otherwise have a room already or you can afford one." She said her eyes closed as she fetched for her wallet, handing over a few hundred pokedollars, she sent her farewells to her new friend and burst through her rented room.

"Ah! So fluffy!" She pounced on the bed feeling bliss, "alright everyone! It's no good to be crammed in those pokeballs, c'mon out!" Throwing all of her pokeballs in the air, all five of her team members landed on the bed. She giggled a little seeing her Growlithe still fast asleep from Midsy's hypnosis. Quickly Sheryl's team snuggled around her Vappy having a very comfortable spot on her stomach. "Hahaha, that's good everyone, get all the rest you can tomorrow's gonna be a little rougher" she made sure to pet her Pokemon before succumbing to sleep

Last edited:
When Sheryl walked over to her own room, Sarah also did the same and sat on the bed in her rented room. She put her backpack beside her bed and picked up her sketchbook and few pencils and put them on a table beside the bed and laid down. One of her pokeballs opened and beside her bed was standing Sarah's first ever pokemon, Gogoat. Sarah's hand was hanging down from the side of her bed and Gogoat nudged it so Sarah's arm was around his neck, wanting her trainer to scratch her leaf thing around her neck. Sarah looking at Gogoat with a small smile on her face gets up and pets Gogoat.

"I guess we should soon go to sleep so we have some energy for tomorrow" Sarah said to her Gogoat smiling and then yawned. Sarah took her hoodie and her shoes of and laid in her bed and fell right into sleep. Gogoat smiled at her trainer and soon also fell into sleep

Lyré noticed Peril snarl, and then float off in the direction of the hall that enters the greenhouse. "Peril, what's wrong? I'll back." She cried to Kale, following after Peril. She noticed Fenrix in the hall being attacked by a Banette. "Peril, use Hypnosis!" She cried, and the stray Banette fell asleep on the floor. Lyré sighed, and picked up the Banette. "Im really sorry Fenrix... That must have scared you half to death. You're not hurt are you?" She asked, examining him carefully. "This Banette came from the greenhouse down the hall. She's been acting up since my parents died. She tends to be more forceful than she thinks she's being." Lyré held the sleeping Banette in her arms. "Oh and theres this, too." Lyré revealed the Mega Stone that Banette had around her neck. "She was definitely my Dad's, thats for sure. She's always stirring up trouble." Lyré gave her to Peril, and had her take the Banette back to the greenhouse. "I'm so sorry." Lyré scratched the back of her neck nervously. "If you want, you can come check out the greenhouse. There's all sorts of Pokemon in there. They don't all act up like Banette does." Lyré smiled, and pointed to the door that was open down the hall, which revealed a really large greenhouse with plants and trees of all kind, and copious amounts of Pokemon.

Squash had finally collected enough info to leave. The duo, of himself and his charmander, walked out of the Viridian City Gates, heading towards the next destination, Pewter City. Of course, not without entering through Viridian Forest, which would mean a long trek, encountering all sorts of bug types. However dark the forest may have been, Blitz, his Charmander, lit the way for him. Upon walking, a Caterpie had landed on his face, causing him to shriek.
“H-hey! Blitz, I need some help!” The Charmander giggled, using his tail to slap off the Caterpie.
Squash looked at it, before throwing a pokeball, capturing it.
“Whoa...my first Pokemon I caught! This is so cool!” Squash was walking ahead, looking at the pokeball, while Blitz ran after him, the two continuing their walk through the forest.

todoroki

Previously gamora
Fenix blushed, flustered with embarrassment, only stuttering and muttering before seeing the room of Pokémon. "Holy SHIT." A flock of Pidove flew overhead, a Pangoro rested up against a tree stump, a group of Minccino ran past him. "How did you get all these?" He, asked, reaching down to pet a passing Minccino.

"Well... My parents came from Kalos and they travelled to every region and caught a lot of Pokemon before they settled down here. They built this place to show me what kinds of Pokemon there are outside of Kanto. They caught all of these Pokemon on their own." Lyré smiled, staring at the multitudes of Pokemon all around her. She smiled at Kale, too. She was relatively content now.

"Sheryl, Sheryl! It's morning already! Get up!" Groggily waking up to Midsy's crabby voice she slowly sat down making Vappy roll down her stomach to gently nudge Roarry's side, Rolly was still perched on the bed frame his snores heard softly, and of course Sandy was up and ready to go being the morning Pokemon he was, the little guy was already standing by the door just waiting to get some morning excercise.

Noticing that Sarah was otherwise asleep or getting ready to head out she ignored Midsy's offer of getting Sarah awake or out of her room. Sheryl decided it was best to get herself clean before worrying about any battles or training. Of course Roarry and Sandy hated baths since they we're fire and ground types, "alright, alright. Vappy shower these two okay?" She patted the head of the Vaporeon lying between her shoulders, with a happy cry Vappy slid down from her shoulders and blasted the two with weak bubblebeams.

Sarah woke up and noticed that it was morning. She sat on her bed and noticed that Gogoat was still asleep. Sarah let her sleep a bit longer and Sarah put her shoes and hoodie on, then she went trough her short, blond hair with her hand. Sarah nudged her pokemon so she'd wake up. Gogoat opened her eyes and stretched like a cat.
"Morning" Sarah said. Gogoat stoped and looked at her trainer to signal that she was ready. Sarah took her sketchbook and pencils and put them in her blue backpack. Then she swung the backpack on her back.

Sarah and Gogoat walked outside of the Pokecenter and noticed that Sheryl was already up and training with her pokemon.
"Morning Sheryl" She said and stretched her arms upwards

"C'mon Roarry! Flamethrower! Vappy Bubblebeam!" Sheryl held her hat as she instructed her Pokemon to an endurance training session. She then heard Sarah's voice from behind, "aw, hey! Kinda started without y-" she paused seeing the grassy necked Pokemon, her shoulders slump and her hand shuffled in her bag, "i-is that a... Is that a Gogoat?!" Swiftly her camera took multiple photo's of the Gogoat, "oh my God I have never seen one before! This is so amazing!" Her eyes glimmer as she continued to take photo's of the Pokemon.

Sara looked a bit confused, but then remembered that people weren't used to see some pokemon like Gogoat. Gogoat was just standing still when Sheryl was taking pictures. Suddenly a pokeball opened up and Dynamo was standing beside Sarah and looked really exited to have the practice battle. Sarah noticed that Sheryls whole team was out, or it looked like it. She spots Growlithe, Misdreavus from before and Sheryls other pokemon.
"Wow! You have a Vaporeon and a Sandshrew!" Sarah exclaimed

Last edited:
"thanks, whew, never thought I'd ever see a Gogoat. I'm from Alola so" she stuck out her tongue playfully stuffing the camera back in her bag. "To be honest I think there's something missing in my team though" she peered towards her team watching then excitedly line up in front of her, "hm, well Sarah since you've seen my team show me what little guys you have under your belt!" Sheryl enthusiastically smiles hugging Rolly tightly.

"Oh ok" Sara said and took two of her pokeballs out of her pockets and and beside her were standing two other pokemon beside Dynamo and Gogoat.
"This is Quag and Blaze" Sarah said and pointed at her Quagsire and Rapidash. Quag was a bit bigger than other Quagsires, but Blaze looked like a normal Rapidash.

"wow cool! All of your Pokemon are evolved! How cool!" Sheryl shrieked circling around Sarah's team. "I think mine are close to that stage... Hm this will be hard, five and four... Hm how do you think we should battle. I know that Roarry will rumble with your Dynamo so thats been sorted but..." Sheryl shifts her eyes between the two teams.

"Well I'm fine with what you shoose, but I think Quag can take on two pokemon. He can take hitts quite well becuase of his size, though he's bit slower than other Quagsires." Sarah explains and looked at Quag with a smile. He responded with a silly smile which made Sarah giggle a bit

Blaze looked interested down at Roarry and sniffed his furr. Dynamo on thethe otherand hand looked like he waswas ready to battle any second now.

"hahaha, looks like they get along well. Hmm, well if we go by type advantages that would be unfair! so" this was going to be a hard decision, seeing that Vappy might overpower the flaming horse since she was quick on her feet and also a water type, Rolly and Quagsire might be good since Rolly was one of the weakest and needs training, "hmm, okay! it can be Roarry against Dynamo, Vappy and Midsy against Quag and finally Sandy against Blaze!" Sheryl folded her arms in confidence.

"Sound good, but what about your Rowlet and Gogoat? Are they going toto battle each other?" Sarah asked. Dynamo looked at Roarry with a smirk, being really confident that he would win, even if he didn't know how good Roarry was at battling.

"sure! Gogoat teach my Rolly what it means to be a strong grass type pokemon! Please be a good role model for him!" she cheered looking at the grass owl. Setting him down Sheryl looked at Dynamo, "now, now don't underestimate the pup, his real good at battling, won most of his battles!" she roughly played with the puppy's fur which made him happy and energized. "Originally I planned for Rolly to be up against Quag, but a grass type should learn from a grass type" she stated shrugging.

Last edited:
"Good idea, but who should we start with?" Sarah asked both her self and Sheryl at the same time. Dynamo shrugged Sarah's jeans, wanting to go first with Roarry.
"Hehehe. Is it okay if Roarry and Dynamo would go first. Maybe Roarry could teach him a lesson or something?" Sarah said with a little smile on her face and looked at Dynamo. Dynamo, though looked a bit grumpy and folded his arms.

Last edited:
"of course, can't let the impatient little guys want any more!" she looked at Roarry knowingly, "aaannd here comes the light show i was talking about earlier" she gestured to the pup, he howls loudly aiming a flamethrower in the sky, his signal for a battle., running so that he was opposite of the electric mouse he scratched the ground in a way of saying that he was going to wipe the floor with Dynamo.

"Aaand here we go" Sarah said. Dynamo turned to Roarry and went down on his four legs ready to battle. Wind blew slightly, creating a small tension between the two Pokemon. Sarah's Pokemon sat beside a tree.
"Ready?" Sarah asked both Sheryl and Dynamo, Dynamo sparking with his cheeks to answer, assuming that it was a yes.
(OOC: which one would "win" the training battle or would the trainers stop before they would faint?)

A sweat drop rolled down Sheryl's cheek at this cowboy styled show-down, Roarry was already puffing out small flames in excitement waiting for Sheryl to give him an order.
"Alrighty then, first before we both start, Roarry Oran berry!" throwing an Oran berry in the sky the Growlithe leapt in the air devouring the berry in one bite, "okay, now we're ready!"
(OOC: Well, I think you should win the battle, seeing that Pikachu are quick on their feet and could dodge most of Growlithes attacks. I think that will develop even a better rivalry between the two.)

(OOC: Good point)
BIC: "Do you guys want to start, or do we?" Sarah asked. Dynamo was as ready as he could ever be and electric sparks were flying here and there. All the other pokemon were kinda exited to see the outcome of the battle. Gogoat just rolled her eyes. Gogoat and Pikachu, or manly Pikachu challenged Gogoat quite often to prove how strong he was, though Gogoat pretty much wiped the floor with Dynamo, due to having quite much battle experience, which lead Dynamo wanting to train more to become stronger.

"Alright! C'mon Roarry Flamethrower!" Sheryl yelled, the orange furred pup barked and unleashed a big flamethrower hurling towards Dynamo's direction, you could see a confident glint in the Growlithe's eyes.

"Dynamo dodge it b using Quick Attack and run towards Roarry" Sarah commanded her electric mouse pokemon. Dynamo smirked and did as his trainer said. Sprinting of leaving a tiny dust cloud behind, dodging Roarrys quite impressive Flamethrower and running toward Roarry with a high speed.

Sheryl smirked, "Roarry Take down!" she shouted pointing a finger at the Pikachu's direction, the Growlithe blew away some fire before getting ready to charge into the high speeding pokemon. Roarry had to be careful and hit the mouse on its side to lower to recoil, he went in for it.

Surprisingly Growlithe got Dynamo. He glided a bit of due to the power of the attack
"You ok Dynamo?" Sarah asked her pokemon a bit worried
"Pika" Dynamo answered determined as he got up on two feet. The wind blew again between the fight of the two pokemon, again creating a small tension.

Status
Not open for further replies.