• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon DnD

I see. I might apply some of my ramblings to my character, and I just wanted to ask if any of what I thought would apply. Some towns not existing/ Lumiose still being the 'hub' of Kalos, but as a kingdom instead/ Potions-Pokemon Centers not existing due to how little technology there was in the days of olde. I just wanted to know. I'll be off your back about details now- I've been a bit picky/choosy.

Yeah jinns are ok. It will make a great plot point in the story later on. Now I do have a suggestion about your character being a wizard. It might be better for your character to be artificer. It will fit better with how you want to play the character. Here I will link to what it is.
https://www.dndbeyond.com/classes/artificer (Artificer)

Zodiac I do not mind the questions at all. Pokemon centers will probably not be a thing, but I am thinking that in each village there be a person who will heal the party's pokemon for them. They may are may not be related to a famous nurse we all love. I also really like the idea of Lumiose being a kingdom instead of the center of Kalos. I might do some research in the Kalos region before I make my final call on that.

I mean, there was a lot of ties to France when it came to Kalos (that's obvious, though, because Kalos is based off the northern metropolitan area of France) like GEEZ there was even a move called 'Guillotine' (introduced in Gen | of all generations) which has a 30% accuracy but if it hits it is an automatic K.O. France was also known for a lot of kingdoms and stuff so I thought it made sense to have the biggest city in a game be the biggest and central kingdom in a medieval version of that region.

It is more of a kind of inspiration for this RP. It will have a lot of the same elements as D&D but be more RP friendly. I am not well versed in the game its self seeing as I have only made characters for the game for fun. Though I will be taking in somethings from the ones I have watched on twitch and youtube. Basically what Renz just said.

With you character I just feel that wizard does not suit him unless he know more then magic missile. With the artificer class being one who deals mainly in magical items and the creation of them it would be better fit for your character. You could still make him magically focused, but the way you want to seek and destory evil items it would be better in the long run to multiclass.

Zodiac I did not think of that. I have mostly been thinking about the story and how I want it to play out. Like I said before I will have to research a little more. I am not as familiar with Kalos as I am with some of the older regions. I have spent more time in the games and anime of the older regions. It is not that I am not taking it into consideration it is that I am not as familiar as I am with the other regions. Alola exculded because I have not seen the anime or played the game so I would have a lot of catching up to do.

Oh, no! I didn't say you weren't taking in what I suggested- I know some aren't as interested in research as I am (I do spend a lot of time reading, though) especially when it comes to regions they aren't as vested in. I know you must be focused on story elements, and I understand! I just wanted this all to have a bit more world-building involved- I'm a big fan of world-building, especially if I know about what I'm doing a lot- but I didn't mean to overwhelm you if that's what you mean. I've always been one to over-analyze things and try to make it make sense to me.
I could help, actually! Since Kalos is my favorite region, I could help with getting to understand the world while you can keep doing what you're doing- you're excellent at storytelling, but I digress.

Thanks. I could use the help. Though I won't be doing anything major until I get my character sorted out and get the full party I am leaning towards a smaller group to keep it easy to story build. I want to make sure I have all of the races that will be in the party represented before any big plans involving the layout of the region. I am not the best at world building so I tend to use anime guidelines for things. I tend to write the story and fit the world around it. This way I am able to get major elements I want in there. I will be very grateful for the help in learning about the world. I am not overwhelmed per say just trying to figure out my character and where I want to take them.

Okay! Once you get your character sorted out (and I get mine sorted too, geez) I'll PM you and give you all the info you'll need- or atleast all I can tell you based off what I've seen and the story- I'm always willing to help people out. :>

I just know a lot when it comes to regions like Unova and Kalos- they're actually the ones I know the most about if we're honest. I've played Sun twice and I still don't know how each island works. I only know it's based of Hawaii and some edgelords wanna help this lady who wants a white jellyfish from spongebob that has hair like her daughter who she hates??? I get how you feel in that realm, haha.

Well I am making a rogue/assassin character. It is a more detailed version of Sarah from your RP. We also have a ranger being made. We have a wizard who wants to find a destroy evil magic items. So you can do anything based on that. We also have a Cinderella type character who wields a frying pan. (Just don't tell Renz I said that. He does not want his character labelled as a disney princess.)

@GQuasch, Seeing as I have to write out the story this is going to be a slower pace RP to get going so take your time. I am not finished polishing up my character anyway. I am glad to see some on the tiny characters get some love.

Sure I am open to all ideas. I was a little stumped with the story and wanted to get the party together in order to base the story around them. If you guys are making a definite connection or enemy for your character can you guys write up a brief bio for them. They do not have to be as detailed. Just detailed enough for me to get a good idea of who they are.

Okay. Here it goes. Please let me know any changes I need to make.
Name: Maker (No last name)
Sexuality: Straight
Race: Human
Class: Warlock
Looks: Light toned skin. Light blonde wavey hair that goes to her shoulders. Dark blue eyes. Height 5'3 and Weight 110 lbs.
Clothing: Brown leather ankle high boots. Long black stockings. Wears a red sleeveless dark red dress that goes down to her knees. Has a long black open vest. Wears a red ribbon on each wrist and two on top of her hair. Has a black neck choker with a bright red heart in the middle.
Personality: Maker is like a bomb. Everything is fine until she explodes. She has anger issues and loses her temper easily. She does her best to stay happy and neutral, but there's a lot of things that flip her switch. She is also very proud and demanding. But, when she isn't acting out, she loves having fun and talking to people. She is very interested in how other people think and the stories they have to tell, therefore she can be a bit to annoying.
Alliances: Chanchan (Chandelure)
Enemies: Gilbert Wester.
Connections: Chanchan
Weapon of choice: Sun Staff. (A brown staff with a figure of the sun on the top.)
Alignment: Good intentions but bad actions.
Pokemon: Chandelure
Backstory: Maker was part of a middle class family. When she was twelve, a rich family, The Westers, offered to have Maker marry their son, Gilbert. Gilbert and Maker had met before, but she was unaware of his interest for her. Maker's father refused, since The Westers were suspicious of being related to criminal activities. The following day, Gilbert took Maker on a date, without asking permission. When Maker went back home, it had been burned down with her family in it.
The Westers took Maker in and made her forget her family name, saying she would be Mrs. Wester when come of age. Maker loved her new family until she found about the marriage arrangement her father had denied and that The Westers burned her family for it. She also discovered that everything that tied her to her family had been destroyed, there was no record of her family name.
Maker, furious of the information she had gathered reveled against her adoptive family, which only caused her to be sent to a dungeon. Even her now fiance, Gilbert, refused to help her. After a few months in the dungeon a Chandelure wondered in, searching for a new spirit to feed her fires. When she found Maker, she attempted taking her spirit. But the taste, was too good to be true. The ghost Pokemon figured her spirit would become richer if she improved it. So, she offered Maker access to her powers if she agreed to let her have some of her spirit and whatever is left of it once she dies. Maker, set on revenge, made the deal.
That night, The Westers were killed in a fire at their own home, leaving only Gilbert alive with servear burns, especially on half of his face. Maker left to the Kalos region, where she and the Chandelure, who Maker calls Chanchan, travel together, burning down evil and feeding their spirits to Chanchan's flames.
Pokemon's Backstory: Chandelure was used to feeding her flames spirits of old and sick people. She one day took the one of a young healthy man, and she found that they could taste better. Therefore, she searched for the perfect tasting soul, to last her as long as possible. She eventually found Maker, who every now and then gives up some of her spirit in exchange for giving Maker access to her powers. Maker of course feeds her as much as possible to avoid her spirit being consumed too fast, which is fine with Chanchan (Nickname given to Chandelure by Maker).
Skills: Maker has access to some of the moves Chandelure can use. Will-o-Wisp, Ember, Shadow ball. She can reach for much stronger attacks, like fire that never goes out or giant fire balls, but it would cost her.
Extra info: Even though Maker has a staff, she doesn't need it too use her abilities, but it helps her aim and she think she looks cool.

@Hecotoro, Accepted. I love to concept of the character. Before the RP starts would you mind sending me a basic bio of Gilbert. I will need it later when I am working on the story. I am going to ask anyone who has a major enemy to do this as well. This is so I can use them in the storyline and better include characters that you guys have came up with in it.

Well I am making a rogue/assassin character. It is a more detailed version of Sarah from your RP. We also have a ranger being made. We have a wizard who wants to find a destroy evil magic items. So you can do anything based on that. We also have a Cinderella type character who wields a frying pan. (Just don't tell Renz I said that. He does not want his character labelled as a disney princess.)

@GQuasch, Seeing as I have to write out the story this is going to be a slower pace RP to get going so take your time. I am not finished polishing up my character anyway. I am glad to see some on the tiny characters get some love.

Emo. If you didn’t want me to see it, don’t post it where I will get an alert that brings me right to it.

JK, I don’t mind. It was not at all my intention when creating her. Cinderella was, in fact, mostly forgotten by me, but now that you brought it up it actually does seem a lot alike, even appearance.

Hecotoro, great job with Maker! I love the backstory, and your spin on the Warlock.

Nine or ten who have shown interest. Four with accepted characters. Also Playful this is going to be slower pace because of the way it is going to be writen. I am going to have to spend a lot of time working on the story and working in everyones goals and dreams. I am will not be accepting more then that it would be too big for me to handle otherwise. With the more story driven asspect of this it will take a while for me to work in everything I want the story to be.

Name: Longinus Skrall
Alias: The Last Blade
Class: Fighter
Looks: He stands at 5'9", despite being an outdoor person he has very pale skin, eyes with a Royal Purple shade and a hint of Gold at the bottom, long elegant smooth jet Black hair that goes to his shoulders and a slim yet muscular build.
Clothing: He wears a Black tunic under a Silver armor breastplate, Black pants under a Brown fur skirt that reaches his knees and opens at the front of his waist, Silver light armored boots that reach near his knees, Silver bracers without gloves (And house his wrist blades), Above all that he wears a hooded Purple cloak that can cover his entire body if needed and a stylish Black mask with a few streaks of silver that covers the top half of his face and eyes which can replace the purple color with a solid white.
Personality: Calm, stoic and blunt most of the time, often sarcastic yet serious. But when in battle, he puts on a morbid and almost psychotic personality that most would see as frightening, often laughing if a battle goes his way or he views as fun if not, he would fight and look bored, but can be very adaptive. He is however loyal and friendly to those he likes but can be very, very cruel when angry. He loves Pokemon and hates noisy people or chatterboxes.
Alliances: Band of Blades
Enemies: A notorious warlord named Gareth Magala or "Gareth the Gruesome" and his bandit gang, Hydreigon's Helm.
Connections: Some selective Mercenary groups who knew his father. A noble family by the name of Whitemist... namely a woman there named Valerie.
Weapon of choice: He mainly wields a steel katana that was gifted to his father the day he completed his training, the blade itself is... steel while the hilt itself his black with a few red leather wrappings on it. His other weapon of choice are a pair of hidden wrist blades in his bracers which he uses if he loses his sword. (The blades look like the Shredder's from Tmnt 2012, I will get rid of if not allowed)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Backstory: Born between an unknown mother who died shortly after giving birth to him and a father by the name of Magnus Skrall, leader of the once powerful mercenary group known as Band of Blades, Longinus never stayed in one place for too long thanks to the nomadic nature of his clan, but this helped him understand the ups and downs of the world and the creatures he shared with it. The day Longinus was able to hold a sword, his father taught him everything he could about how to fight through harsh lessons which he quickly grew accustomed to and assisted his clan on several jobs from wealthy clients.
One client happened to be a nobleman by the name of Henry Whitemist who hired the Band of Blades to take out a rival noble house who appeared to have connections to a barbaric group called 'Hydreigon's helm'. During their time planning their attack (Which took a month), Longinus met Henry's daughter, Valerie who gained feelings for him due to his free nature.
However, once the attack on Hydreigon's Helm began, they quickly learned that they were a lot stronger than they had anticipated, the fight lasted a whole day and the two groups killed each other until only Longinus and his father were the only ones left in the Band of Blades and the leader of Hydreigon's Helm, Gareth was the only one left... with barely a scratch on him. Magnus told his son to retreat, not look back and get stronger, Longinus reluctantly complied and ran...
Ever since that day, Longinus mercilessly trained every day to get stronger and stronger, taking up his job as a mercenary and earning the title 'The last Blade' along the way.
Skills:
  • Longinus is exceptionally skilled in swordsmanship and is decent with many other types of weapons, although the sword is his favorite.
  • He has the potential to learn basic magic, but unless anyone will teach him, he won't be very good at it.
  • He is good at parkour as he learned to never let his 'prey' escape at any cost.
  • He is an adept gymnast.
  • He is great at improvising to get out of sticky situations.

Pokemon:
Noibat (M, Marcus) (May evolve into Noivern)
Pokemon's Backstory: Sometime after Longinus became The last Blade, he stumbled upon a Pokemon egg with no sign of the mother anywhere, so he decided to stay with the egg until the mother returned... but she didn't. As he was about to move on, the egg began to hatch into a baby Noibat who immediately imprinted on to Longinus who was annoyed at first, but quickly grew to like the Pokemon who became a reliable and loving partner. He showed a lot of promise in his strength and skills during the times Longinus trained him and was eventually nicknamed Marcus.

Extras: His nemesis, Gareth has a son named Marduk who is travelling in Unova (and will only be mentioned) and has already remade his clan of Hydreigon’s Helm.

Name: Valerie Whitemist
Class: N/A
Looks: She stands at 5'8" with fair skin, Sky blue eyes, long beautiful White hair that reaches her waist and potential signs of an elegant and curvy body build that's likely to catch stares.
Clothing: Due to her nobility clashing with her easy going personality, her attire consists of a simple ankle long White dress with a few Ruby gems decorated along the waist and Grey dress shoes.
Personality: Like all nobles, Valerie is someone who behaves formally and does well to use manners, but this is all an act to hide her real personality; a laid back woman who simply likes to relax when she can. She does everything she could to help out those she cares about and is loyal to her family. After meeting Longinus, she gained feelings for him, but is unaware that the feeling is mutual.
Alliances: The Whitemist family
Enemies: Longinus' enemies
Connections: Longinus Skrall (Love interest)
Weapon of choice: Although she may not be a fighter, she keeps a dagger hidden under her dress for self defense.
Alignment: Lawful Good
Skills:
  • She is charismatic and tends to use her beauty to 'sweeten deals' (No this doesn't mean anything inappropriate)
Pokemon: Gallade (Mainly acts like her butler, but can be laid back as well as Valerie and is no stranger to battling)

Name: Gareth Magala "Gareth the Gruesome"
Class: Barbarian
Looks: He stands at 6'2" with skin between Pale and Fair, Fuchsia colored eyes, Dark blue Medium spiked hair and a goatee. His body build is extremely muscular and decorated with several scars.
Clothing: He has two (four?) Black leather straps that form an X around his chest with a metal ring holding them, a Black waistcloth that goes down to his ankles, Black fur boots, Black leather bracers decorated with chains and a big Black fur cloak with iron plates on the shoulders.
Personality: Gareth--like his title suggests--is a ruthless man who greatly relishes bloody battles and rarely shows mercy to his enemies. Despite this, he does care about his comrades and even his family, especially his only son, Marduk and greatly respects those who would lay down their lives for their loved ones. His confidence and ambition have been mixed to form the tyrannical crime lord he is today
Alliances: Hydreigon's helm (Leader)
Enemies: Longinus Skrall and his allies
Connections: Whitemist's rival family (Former client)
Weapon of choice: A great sword with a simple design and a big purple ribbon decorating the hilt.
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Skills:
  • As his appearance suggests, he has immense strength, strong enough to wield a two handed weapon with one hand.
  • He is known to be extremely intimidating at first glance.
Pokemon: Hydreigon (The middle head's right eye has a scar on it)

Last edited:
Ok, this is just me reusing a character that I made for DnD but never got to play with due to my father, our DM, never setting a game up.

Name: Silvia
Race: Elf
Class: Ranger
Looks: Silvia is 4 feet tall and 3 inches. She is a slender build and weighs 80 pounds. She has blue eyes and medium-length brown hair.
Clothing: Silvia wears studded leather armor. Her whole outfit is this. Her boots are studded leather, pants, chest, and gauntlets. She has a small pouch hanging at her waist to hold her valuables in (which isn't that much due to a ranger's position on personal belongings). She also has a quiver for her arrows on her back. The short sword and dagger's holster hangs at her waist.
Personality: Sliva is not good with communicating with others. She has trouble communicating to others due to the fact rangers tend to live to their lonesome except for some animals. She believes the law is the enemy, due to her forest life having no laws. People need to be free, and she whole-heartedly believes this. However, she won't go about disobeying the law all the time. She sees that some are there for good, but she honestly doesn't want to be told this to her face. She does some questionably moral things to people she is sure is an evil-aligned character.
Alliances: N/A (Rangers tend to stay away from towns and other people)
Enemies: Trolls.
Connections: Furrin (half-elf ranger, her mentor)
Weapon of choice: Bow/Short sword dagger combo
Alignment: CG (Chaotic Good)
Pokemon:
Backstory: Silvia was born by two nobles in the kingdom of Elvria, a kingdom of only elves. There she was taught manners and other etiquettes, however, she preferred the wildness of the forest. She found the life that was planned out for her was too boring and was too ridged for her to handle, so she ran away. She ran until she found a ranger who took her on as an apprentice. For years she worked under him, learning his ways and furthering submitting her disliking of rules. One day she left due to him teaching her everything that she needed to know. While she was out, looking for a place to settle, she was attacked by a group of trolls in the middle of the night while she was resting. She was able to fend them off, but barely. From that day forth, she saw trolls as an enemy that must be obliterated. She now lives in a forest, caring for the wildlife and keeping the travelers out of danger as she guides them along.
Pokemon's Backstory: (how your character got this pokemon.)
Skills: tracking (better in forest), hide in shadows/move silently, dual welding with no penalty, animal empathy (she can affect the animal's position on us and can find the best animal from tamed ones. Tamed animals are automatically friendly to her due to her position of protector), (start of skills that my character learned not from the usual ranger skills) animal lore, survival (forest), fire-building, hunting, herbalism, etiquette.
Extra info: Silvia will NOT be found in a town.

Any suggestions for a partner Pokemon?