• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon DnD

I was thinking something to do with dark type pokemon or fairy type pokemon. I will have to see what I come up with. I am thinking of giving her a pact like deal that Maker has but a bit different she will not be getting the pokemon moves but a companion that will come with her and her other pokemon. I am just a little undecided if I want to go that route or not. I have a small migraine so I will probably not be able to work on her much today.

Well I was thinking with her being an assassin, something that would help with that. I am not well versed in the magic of D&D and would need a bit of help with it. I am basically expanding on the bio from Pokemon Warcraft. I want to make it more detailed and change it up a bit. I know the companion she will be getting is an Umbreon. Who will be Umbre in this sense.

I see that we have our fighter, our ranger, two rogues, and two/three(?) magi . . . okay, I wasn't looking very hard, but my point is, did we end up not having a cleric? Because if not, I can maintain artificer while switching out the wizard subclass for cleric. It actually aligns well with my backstory. Otherwise, if you intend to accept anyone else, Emo, perhaps edit the first post to point out that we lack the traditional healer member.

Also: please don't feel rushed to start the story half-baked. We all know how it goes. Everyone's all excited and posting for the first few days to a week, and then the fatigue inevitably catches up. Do whatever you need to do in your planning for the long-term pacing.

Well really since we have someone who knows how to make healing potions it would not really matter if we have cleric. Besides other classes have ways to heal others and themselves. I am not accepting anymore people unless they have already shown interest in this RP and has already given me an idea of how they want to make their character. Besides this is different from the actual game of D&D. We do not need a traditional healer. I have not finished my character yet either so I will not be starting the RP right away. I plan on taking some time to incorporate things from the party members into the story and that will take some time to do.

Wow, lots has happened since I posted my character. XD

My character can't really make healing potions, which is why I put that in quotes. If anything, they are potions that have a side effect of possibly healing or curing someone, but they also have a nasty habit of making the person uncontrollably puke or feel like their mouth is on fire for x amount of time. xD

Last edited:

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
So, question. Will this rp be heavily influenced by actual DnD gameplay, or is it just more for the world building and story telling aspect? I was assuming the latter at first, but it sounds like we're going more in depth than that. If that's the case, I need to look a bit further into like, movesets or whatever and stuff like that.

Krisseon

Previously ThatMoodyHipster
Okay. Y'all are gonna have to be patient with me then, I'm not at all used to this kind of stuff, but I'm trying to learn as I go. I've never played a game of DnD in my life. Oof. :'|

So, sense Caspian is a Druid class and Air Genasi/Eladrin Elf (basically like your own spinoff of an elf subrace, right?), everything would be elemental based right? I'm not really sure what all movesets there are for these races/class. I'll check up on DnD beyond again, sense that's where I've been basing everything for my characters on, so I'll check with you guys to make sure what I choose is correct and within my character's abilities to be fair. Is that okay?

So I’m debating switching Castform out and having Wes specialize in one field of magic (preferably electric, fire, or ice) just so he is less all-around and more specialized. I was just wondering what your guys’ thoughts are and if you think the switch is a good idea what Pokémon would you recommend? (Preferably smaller and not super strong on its own, ideas I had were Cyndaquil, Shinx, Rotom, Delibird, Emolga). Again I’m ok with keeping Castform, I just didn’t know if that made him too versatile or not specialized enough so I’m open to suggestions.

I would suggest a Joltik if you are going through a more rogue-like character. You get the electricity and it's a little 4" bug that could potentially help with scouting and spying while you are lockpicking or sneaking around.