• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Civilization

"Y-yes, sir." Fsrea quickly walked away, before speaking as soon as she was out of the range of the dark type, or as soon as she reached the exit to the harbour. "Request emergency transport immediately. Teleport PP failure."

Back underground, chimcheo was buzzing.
"SOS request from Fsrea. PP failure." She hissed, and Hyrain immediately called, "SOS team three, pickup Fsrea, Kirlia. Last located in Henlow harbour." The team of Xatu teleported out of a side corridor, before setting off in a glide above the city, heading towards the docks.

Emerald was sitting on a chair looking at the floor when the king walked up to him and asked him the question. "I'm fine, he replied. "It's just, ... my mother was a zoroark, and when I saw that one I just couldn't stop remembering the day she died. I was very young at the time. I was standing next to her bed when I saw the light fade away from her eyes. She was going wanted to tell me something important about her disease, but ... it was to late. Ever since that day I've been trying to figure out something, anything, about that disease, but no matter where I looked I couldn't find out anything about it." He then looked back down at the floor in silence, not wanting to talk about it any more than he already had.

OOC: wow, it's actually possible for a Zoruark to be a parent of a Riolu. I had no idea.

BIC: Hektor grew a sympathetic smile as he knew exactly what Zoruark, Emerald was referring to. The one used to be a maiden here at the castle and helped raise Hektor when his parents were to busy. Hektor had a large bond with Zoruark, perhaps more than Emersld because of how young he was when he died. Hektor was as devastated but couldn't attend the funeral and such because of his royal duties got in the way.

Hektor sat beside Emerald and placed his hand on his shoulder. "Did you know that I was very close with your mother, it was a real tragedy what happened to her. It always happens to the best of us. At least she's in a better place," Hektor said softly trying to reassure Emerald, possibly himself also.

Granko turned to Yugi and looked at him up and down. "Do I know you?" Granko asked as he was unaware of the events that occurred earlier at the castle, and wasn't present when Emerald alerted everyone about Yugi's addition to the military. Granko then turned back to the tradesmen after their interruption. "As you were saying,"

Emerald looked back up at the king and his frown disappeared. He wasn't exactly smiling, but he wasn't as sad as before "Yeah, I guess you're right," he said. "I just wish I could know more about the disease. It seemed really important. Do you know anything about it?"

Hektor slowly shook his head in response to Emerald's question. "All I know is that it also took my Mother's life also. I guess we're not so different you and I," Hektor said to Emerald softly.

Briggie closed her shop and left Night in the shop with food and everything else he needed and she headed home. She had her own dinner and went to bed.

Hearing the king say this, Emerald smiled a bit. He had never thought he would have something in common with the king. He always seemed like a friend to him, and he was glad to know he understood what he was going through.

Night looked up at the ceiling trying to fall asleep. It was strange. Normally he was able to sleep the second he closed his eyes, but having an actual bed (sort of) and somewhere to stay just seemed weird to him after having no home all his life. Well, not all his life. He new that at one point he had parents, and a home, but one day they died and he was on his own. It was hard to remember it. He was to young to even have memories of them. He remembered that they died from some sort of sickness, but he didn't know which one. It's not like he new much of anything. He was put in an orphanage the day after his parents died, but he ran away the second he got a chance. And now here he was in this shop working for a pokemon he had once tried to steal from. But there was one thing that he just couldn't get out of his mind. Was this pokemon going to be like the mother he had never known, or just use him for free labor?

Rex

Resident Furry
Captain Cezary watched the Kirlia depart, wondering where the strange urchin had come from. He doubted very much that they picked her up in a previous port, which meant the small Pokemon must have slipped past not only the several members of his crew still on the dock guarding the cargo, but the Bisharp and his guards, the Samurott himself, and the Mienfoo standing with him: the Lieutenant Arkady. He wondered if she really was just a stowaway. He'd have to keep an eye out for her, as he was beginning to suspect he'd see her again.

"Yes, as I was saying," the Samurott said, looking back at the Bisharp, whose Ninjask companion apparently still hadn't departed, "Equal trade for eighty iron would be sixty cocoa. This means, in total, we will be trading you one hundred and nine pounds of cocoa, in return for forty pounds of fish, thirty-two pounds of salt, and eighty pounds of iron."

Diving down, the pack of Xatu landed next to Fsrea. Quickly checking her over, they then formed a circle around her, and teleported away.

"Extraction successful?" Hyrain asked
"Yes. Extraction successful." came Chimcheo's reply.
"Anything else happening that I need to know about?"
"The new tunnels are being dug into the sea, and the airlock is nearly completed."
"I'd better go and check up on them. Let's go." Chimcheo wrapped himself around Hyrain's hair again, and he set off through the paths connecting his command centre to the rest of the city. It was built in such a way that he could get to anywhere in the city as quickly as possible, as he needed to travel a lot. Eventually coming to a bordered-off area, Hyrain confirmed his identity to the litwik set into a nook in the iron door, and it slid open. Ducking under the yellow sprips, he went down the unfinished tunnel, until he got to the head of the project, a Steelix. "Is the tunnel complete yet?" He asked.
"Yes. However, we are still encountering issues with the ground stability. Our Levanny team are patching it up, but it is still unsafe." Steelix's low voice echoed through the tunnel. "On the more bright side, we've started on the airlock, and our Huntail and Gorebyss are constructing the laboratory on the other side."
"Very good. Well, I have to get going. Say hi to Aruaria from me."
"I swear, you've got a serious crush on that Milotic." Steelix muttered to himself.
"Excuse me? I do not have a crush on her! I was just asking you to greet the head on the underwater part of the project, as I don't have time to do it myself." The zoruark then bounded down the tunnel, back to the entrance.
"We've got a teenager running a city." The steel type said to himself. "He may be a political and tactical genius, but still."

After a bit of travel, the ship that had departed from Sjoher could see the city of Henlow and it's docks. The flag for the Kingdom of Kastali Dyr soared above the boat. "The docks are straight ahead, Captain!" Called the Machop from the crow's nest. "Alright, lads! You heard the man! Prepare to dock with the city of Henlow!" The Captain ordered, then pointed to one of the crew. "You there, get the diplomat!" He called, and the Pokemon obliged, going on one of the lower decks. The Pokemon came back up, with a Gardevoir. Just in time, too, as they were now docking.

Walking back down towards the centeral dome, Hyrain decided to get something to eat. Since the Henlow enterance was the closest, he chose to take that, stepping out of the ground in a small corner between two buildings. He walked over to a corner shop he remembered from his last few visits for having great food. As he reached the door, Hyrain quickly decided to take his casual guise of an Umbreon, Chimcheo wrapped around his front leg. He pushed open the door, with the bell chiming, and started to browse through the sandwiches on offer.

Night was sleeping when the sudden sound of the bell woke him up. He stood up and went over to see an umbreon browsing through the sandwiches. This wasn't his store, but he thought he could try to help. After all he was here to help with things. Though he wasn't sure what. "Can I help you?" he asked the suspicious umbreon.

"Cheers." Realising something, Hyrain quickly put the sandwich down, went outside, reverted to his original form, pulled out some money and went back into his Umbreon guise. "Here. Pretty sure it's thirty pokedollars"

Looking at the price, Night saw that he was correct. "Yeah, that's right," he replied So he took the money and saw that it was the right amount. "Thirty pokedollars seems like a lot for a sandwhich," he thought to himself.

(Well, in the real games, it's 50 pokedollars to get a fresh water, so I just guessed it as a reasonable price)
"Thanks. Bye." Walking out of the shop, Hyrain returned to his Zoruark form, bounded down the street, and into the allyway. Slipping down the concealed door, he went back into the tunnel, and into the centeral dome.

Merkyury stumbled back a bit after coming from her journey in the mountains. She had found some rather valuable stuff, and had headed back to Henlow. She grinned to herself as she walked through the gates. After Henlow, she was going to find a mysterious city that she had heard recently and maybe make some business partners.

She staggered through the city, and soon dragged herself to the castle, and was let in by the gates, and requested an audience with the king. She had already prepared the gift she was giving to the king, and waited outside as she awaited his orders, though she was not exactly required to. Unlike the other citizens, she never swore loyalty to any one country, to allow her freedom to travel to other kingdoms without worrying about problems, but she did come back to Henlow quite often, and hence thought it appropriate to add more to the kingdom's treasury.

Last edited:
Hektor scruffed up Emerald's hair in a playful way in an attempt to cheer him up, before being interrupted by a servant. "Excuse me, your highness. There's a traveler that goes by Merkyury, requesting an audience. Hektor turned around quite eagerly as he heard the news. "Merky? Wow, no way, he's back," Hektor said quite surprised. Hektor turned to Emerald again. "Merky is a good friendof mine who travels a lot. He also helps out the Kingdom by giving gifts," Hektor explained to Emerald. "We'll talk later," Hektor said to Emerald before walking out with the servant to the hall near the entrance. He reached the area and saw Merkyury patiently waiting. "Merky!" Hektor cheered as he approached him and held out his hand for a welcoming handshake. "How you been? What brings you back to Henlow?" Hektor asked, interested with Merkyury's intentions.

Granko nodded and held out his hand again for a handshake. "I agree finally with the trade," Granko said to the Mienfoo and Samurott. He then noticed the new foreign ships that were porting at the docks. "We're certainly popular nowadays," Granko said to himself. The soldiers that were beside Granko approached the ship and requested their names and their intentions of being here.

Briggie was slightly late for going to the shop and was slightly flustered as she rushed in. "Hi Night, has there been any customers? Sorry I'm late," Briggie asked.

(OOC Merkyury's a girl. BIC)

"Ah, finally you show up." Merkyury grinned, patting the box. "I came back to pass you some gold I found in the mountains. Take it as thanks for letting me live here after you disbanded the tribe. Thanks to you, I didn't end up as a sacrifice as a shinx." She chuckled, and pushed the gold. "Also, I heard that was another kingdom that was recently founded, and I wanted to ask if you had any information before I went to look for it."

Night had to admit, he was relieved when he saw Briggie. He didn't really know much about the store at the moment. "Yeah, a customer did come in here," he replied. "And I was actually able to make some money." He showed her the 30 pokedollars he received from the umbreon. "So am I going to have some sort of specific job or am I just going t help out with things?"

OOC:Lol soz @Merkyury168

BIC: Hektor put his hand away after Merky didn't complete the handshake and he tried to hide the awkward moment. "That's very generous, thank you so much," Hektor thanked as he accepted the generous gift. "Oh, you must be on about Clifton. It would have been founded by now. It's south of Henlow," Hektor explained. "I was considering visiting Clifton at some point as well. You should come along," Hektor said. He gave the gift to a servant and requested it to be put with his personal belongings.

Briggie chuckled at how eager Night seemed to be, because of how new this is to him. "Well, you don't get all the money that the customers give you. You have to put it in the register. Then that money will go towards the shop. At the end of the week, I'll give you your pay for your work." Briggie explained.
She went behind the counter and waited for her next customer. It was rather early, so they weren't expecting a ton of Pokemon to enter.

Merkyury shook her head. "What? Oh no no. I heard about Clifton and I've been there already. I heard about a capital called Raloid, but I have heard very little about it. It seems interesting to me, however. Sounds like a potentially good business partner." She noticed Hektor's hand withdrawing. "Were you trying to shake my hand? I'm sorry I didn't notice!"

Night was embarrassed for not knowing about the register, so he opened it up and put the money in. He had never known what exactly the register was for. He had seen them many times, of course, when stealing from stores, but he never knew what to think of it.

Seeing that he had nothing to do, Emerald decided to go to Main Street to get something to eat. So he walked out of the castle and started walking around. He had always loved Main Street. There were always so many things happening there. Suddenly he saw a corner store he had never noticed before. So he walked over and entered.

An audio suddenly came running into the main dome, with Hyrain immediately spinning to fave her. "Yes? What is it?"
"Sorry to bother you, but our Listeners have detected Keyword 3 in Henlow."
"Thank you. You may go." As soon as she had left, Hyrain spun to face his floating Chimcheo. "How did they discover Raloid? We need to go and check this out. Now. Pigeot? You ready to go?" Powered by a series of Klang and Klink, his chair rose upwards, through a gap in the cieling, and into a sort of 'landing pad' in the centre of the sea. On it was a Pigeot, whom Hyrain jumped onto. "Let's go. Henlow, quickly as possible." The Bird Pokémon screeched and shot into the air, traveling just under Mach 2. After reaching the city, he dropped onto a building and bid farewell to the Pigeot. "Right, if there's anything important to be said, it'll be in the Throne room." Leaping from roof to roof, he quickly reached the palace, and slid through a window. Shifting into a Weavile in case he was seen, he crawled over the beams, and listened.

Rex

Resident Furry
"If this counts as popular, I'd hate to see you handle a real trade city," Captain Cezary mused. These few ships were nothing compared to Vallgar. Still, he had better things to do than prod the Bisharp. They were on a strict time schedule, after all. He shook the Pokemon's hand briskly, then clasped his own hands behind his back.

"In any case, we can either have my crew deliver your cocoa and return with our goods, or your Pokemon can deliver your side of the bargain and then take your cocoa," the Samurott said, "Whichever you prefer, I have better things to do than argue logistics."

Hektor pondered in thought at the rumor Merkyury mentioned. "No...I haven't heard of Raloid. Sounds interesting," Hektor said, but then started to consider the possibility of that strange Zoruark and Raloid being connected. "If you do find out something, then please be sure to inform me about it. I'm quite intrigued with this place," Hektor said.

"Well, we're not a trade city," Granko said in response to the Captain. He wanted to vent more but felt it unnecessary. "We'll collect our items now, quickly and we'll complete the trade now," Granko said as he directed the soldiers to do it. It wasn't long 'till the soldiers came back with crates of the items, with the assistance of servants, to carry them.

Briggie didn't hold it against Night since his history was rather different when it comes to shops. Briggie heard the bell chime as a customer entered the shop. "Ah, hello, having a nice day?" Briggie chirped as she made small chat with the customer that had just entered.

"Yes, thank you," Emerald replied. Then he saw the Deino next to her. "Haven't I seen you before?" Night began to panic. Had this been someone he had stolen from?
"Um, I don't think so," he said back.
"Wait a minute, I know you. You stole a book about diseases. Why did you do that?"
Night paused for a second. "My family died from a disease. I wanted to find out about it. Those days are behind me." Even though he had just ended his ways yesterday.
"Wait a minute, when your family had that disease, did their eyes turn grey?"
Suddenly he was struck with a memory. It was the day his parents died, when indeed, their eyes turned grey. "Yes, they did, how did you know."
"The same thing happened to my parents"
Emerald started to think about what this disease was, and why there was no information about it.

"Please excuse me, I have some business to attend to. We'll meet again later, Merky," Hejtor said bowing before heading towards Foey's lab. As Hektor made his way there, all he could think about was the illness that took his and Emerald's mother's life. He thought that this was a bigger problem than we realise and so he was going to go to Foey and request him doing some research on the matter. However, he wasn't there. Hektor left a note for Foey and left, as he left he started to have that strange feeling again when the Zoruark was here. He started to walk around the castle, keeping a look out. He also told warned the guards to keep an eye out for any suspicious characters in the castle.

Briggie awkwardly stood there as she had no idea what they were on about, but what ever it was about, it seemed tragic.

After a few moments of silence, Emerald decided to get some food. He looked around and found a loaf of bread. He walked up to the counter with it and asked, "How much is this."

"Ah oh well. I was really hoping he would be able to give me some information. Guess that I'll have to do this the long way." Merkyury sighed, soon grinning as she walked out of the castle.

Merkyury walked through the streets of the busy city, before her stomach growled, and she chuckled. "There's a shop there, guess I'll just get some supplies and be on my way."

She walked into the shop and saw someone ordering something already and queued up behind.

Aqua runs in and tries to find something, but makes a mess when he finds it. He says "Oops!", before TRYING to clean up. But his legs are too pointy, so he can't clean it up.

Rex

Resident Furry
In the meantime, the Samurott summoned his crew to the docks again. This was accomplished by a call to an unseen Pokemon on board, to which a bell sounded in response. The Pokemon returned, and a few short orders from the captain saw them pick up the various crates and barrels and return them below deck, leaving only four crates and three jute bags, taken out of a barrel, behind. A few more hung around this time than last, ready to receive the promised goods to take onto the ship.

"Four twenty five pound crates and three three pound jute bags, containing our half of the trade," Cezary nodded, when the soldiers returned. "My crew will take your goods on board, you can grab your cocoa from the dock."

I need to meet that Luxray. Now... Suppose I could just take a jump down and through the gate? Leaping down, Hyrain, still in his Weavile form, dropped to the ground.

After getting her supplies, Merkyury bit into an apple and proceeded to head downtown. "Hmm... If I want to find out if Raloid is real... I guess I'll have to start narrowing down the places of where it could be."

She reached her shabby apartment, and coughed at the amount of dust acculumated before taking out her worn map and laying it on the table.

"Man I can't do anything if I can't get any fresh air." She coughed and opened the windows, before getting a broom and started to sweep her house.

Running out of the castle, Hyrain phased back to his original form and ran towards the shop, only to see the Luxury come straight out of it. Following him to a small apartment, he knocked on the door, and said "Hello. My name's Hyrain. And I need to talk to you."

"Hmm?" Merkyury heard some knocking from where she was and that someone needed to talk to her, so she sighed, putting away the extremely dusty broom and walked down the now clean house. "At least it's presentable..." She mumbled, before opening the door, and saw a Zoroark. "You needed to talk to me?"

Briggie replied to Emerald's inquiry by scanning the Loaf of bread on the till. "That's 25 Poke$" Briggie answered.

Granko nodded and his guards helped carry the cargo onto their ship and then collected the cocoa afterward. Swapping the places of the two lots of cargo. "Pleasure doing business with you. Well... Not really," Granko thought in his head.

Emerald placed 25 poke$ on the counter and walked out with his bread. He decided he should get back to the castle now since there might be something he had to do. Before he got there though, he saw that there was a boat docked and that some guards were carrying some barrels on it. He walked over and saw Granko. "What's happening here?" he asked. "Is there anything you need me to do?"

Last edited: