• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Civilization

"Thank you my king however I will need a fake formula to get these men off my back," spoke Yugi thankful to the king's suggestion "By the way my job wasn't to kill you it was to obtain the EL I have no problem with you, frankly your the only royalty that I like."

Night looked at the car. He could tell it didn't cost very much, but at least it was something. He opened the door and sat in the back and thought about what he was going to do at the shop.

Now that Yugi was gone Emerald decided to go and see if anyone in the castle needed help. After walking for a few minutes he saw the king talking to Yugi. He then awkwardly stood there just in case the king wanted him to do something.

"You're gonna have to convince me if that's true," Hektor replied to the favourite royalty remark.
"Ah, Emerald. I swear you're always here when I need you. Can you please spread the message saying that the invader is now apart of our military. Also, request Foey to make some fake EL to fool some buyers please," Hektor requested to Emerald.

Briggie got inside and started up the car, she then started to describe what she had planned for Night. "What I was thinking was that we set up a bed in the storage and then you can sleep there whenever I close the shop. You can't eat anything in there. I will provide dinner for you, besides the stuff in the shop is candy and frozen foods anyway," Briggie explained.

As always Emerald listened closely to what he had to do. "Yes, sir," he replied, turning around. He then walked through the halls, telling those in the castle the news about Yugi. Eventually he made it to the the lab and walked in. "Excuse me sir," he said to Foey. "The king requests that you make some fake EL."

Night didn't care that he was sleeping in the storage. It would be much better than sleeping outside in the cold like he did every night. At one point he had an area on a rooftop that he always slept in, but one day some pokemon found it and he had to leave. He could already tell that this would be much better than the life he had before.

Rex

Resident Furry
The remaining crewmembers on the dock, those standing around the crates and the Mienfoo, all seemed somewhat uncomfortable by the sudden appearance of soldiers on the dock. The Samurott captain, on the other hand, stood his ground, a slight frown the only show of emotion.

"'Almighty Henlow, eh?" the Samurott looked past the soldiers at the city beyond, "How quaint." He returned his attention back to the Bisharp. "Do you always greet merchants with an armed guard? No wonder you little city is so far off any major trade route."

The Mienfoo cleared his throat, and then spoke up himself, not wanting his captain to give too poor a first impression, "We bring goods to sell from the southern lands. We have coffee beans and cocoa beans, cane sugar, cinnamon, saffron, vanilla, and ginger. In return we will accept gold or iron, timber, bolts of cotton or flax canvas, sulfur, willow bark and leaves, oil of thyme, saltpeter, parchment, and charcoal, in amounts of equal value to what we trade. We will also trade for provisions for our return voyage."

Foey Nodded
"Right, I'll Get Straight To It." He Didn't Bother Asking why The King Needed Fake EL, He Just Got To It, And Within about 30 Minutes, He Made It, It Was Red, With A Small, Unnoticeable Tint of Black "This Should Do The Trick." he Put A Green Flower, A Mim Nen, He Gave It To Emerald, and Said "That's Done Now."

Emerald looked at the glowing liquid in his hands. It looked exactly like the EL. If he wasn't the one who told Foey that the king wanted him to make it, he would have thought it was real. "Alright, sir, I'll bring this to the king now," he said. So he walked out the door and toward where the king was. He walked slowly, not wanting to drop it, nowing that if he did, it would most likely spill everywhere. Finally he made it to the room the king was in. "I've brought the fake EL," he said, giving it to the king.

Yugi patiently had position himself atop a wall while the fake EL was made so only the king knew where he was at that moment in time. He wondered how Foey had made fake EL so fast after the king had requested it.

King Bjarke Kastali put his hand to the side of his head, bored. He was listening to another one of the Council's suggestions. "If we were to send ships out to the other continent, it could prove useful, and open up better options to improve the lives of the citizens of Kastali Dyr." One of the Councilmen, a relative newcomer, suggested. Many of the more senior Councilman scowled at his suggestion. "We've always taken what we want in the past! There is no reason to resort to trade now! We need to focus on our military, add an extra two years to the mandatory military drafting. Make our laws more strict, and-" One of them began, rather sure of himself. Bjarke knew it would have caused unrest in the city, at best, at the news of him ejecting most of the members of the Council, which is why he hadn't yet. He was trying to find the best way to go about it. But, he had just about had enough of most of them.

"You mistake me and my beliefs with the antics of my father." Bjarke interrupted, cutting off the last councilman. "For once, one of the Council says something sensible. I do not wish for Kastali Dyr to continue carrying our old reputation." He said, then waved his hand. "All but the Councilman from Sjoher are dismissed." He ordered, and all the Councilmen left, going back to their own villages. Except the one who had spoken of opening up trade routes with other kingdoms. The one from Sjoher. "Councilman, go to your village. I've heard reports of a village by the name of Crismonia. Send one of your ships to them, and tell them that the King of Kastali Dyr wishes to speak to their leader."

Hektor accepted the fake EL and thanked Emerald before dismissing him. Hektor turned to Yugi and held out the fake EL, then suddenly moving it away before Yugi could retrieve it. "I'm warning you. If you take advantage of my mercy and betray me, I will find out and won't hesitate punishing you. If you do, let's hope for your sake that there's someone that stops me from going too far," Hektor said seriously before handing the fake EL back to Yugi.

Granko squinted his eyes at Samurott who seemed to be rather disrespectful when it came to talking about Henlow. After Mienfoo spoke up, Granko pondered in thought as he considered their offer. "I probably would have agreed to your offer, but your disrespect has given me no reason to go along with your offer," Granko said assertively, a bit cheesed off with the attitude of the Samurott. "If you are adamant with your offer than I will talk about it with the king and we'll see what happens,"

Briggie arrived at her corner shop, it was kind of dark as it was the evening time and she unlocked the door and entered. She opened the storage and she already had a sleeping bag and essentials beside it. "I will get you a mattress for you to sleep on soon, but this what I could get together last minute for you," Briggie said.

Foey Walked Out, he Saw The cocoa Beans, He Ran over, And whispered In Granko's Ears
"Cocoa Beans are essential In EL." He then Headed to The Castle, back to his lab.

"Here's your EL back then, I shall take the fake to those that want it my lord," spoke Yugi as he handed over the real EL and took the fake EL from Hektor's hand "I will see you soon I better take this to the assassin hideout it will be collected and whilst I am there I might take a job to help both me and the kingdom."

Last edited:

Rex

Resident Furry
The Samurott rolled his eyes, but for once held his tongue. The last thing he wanted to do was displease the consul. There were plenty of ports on the sea, but they were on a strict time schedule. Still, the fact that some nobody Bisharp from a tiny northern kingdom thought they had some kind of power over Valdari, of all Pokemon? Someone's ego was getting the better of them.

"That should be fine," the Mienfoo muttered, flipping over the checklist and grabbing the pages underneath. "We have all the necessary paperwork to conduct a trade mission, signed and dated by our Consul." He offered said papers to the Bisharp, though without moving from his place next to his captain, requiring the Steel type to approach the two of them should he want them. "I have copies here if you need them."

The Councilman from Sjoher did as Bjarke had asked, and quickly proceeded back to the village of Sjoher. Usually, it would take a day, but he made it within an hour or two by riding on a Pidgeot. The Croconaw arrived at the village, and began to order around some men, setting together a crew to visit Crismonia. After a while, the crew was put together. The crew, mainly built up on Water Pokemon, traversed across the sea.

Granko was tempted to just plain out reject because of how offended he was from the ignorant Samurott. However, it seemed that this deal was quite important and above his emotions to respond to it the way he wants to. After being told that Cocoa is vital for the El. Granko paused for a moment before approaching the duo. He accepted the papers and started to examine it. Granko glanced up at Samurott and gave him a suspicious look before turning to Mienfoo.

"We'll only trade you for your Cocoa, what is it that you require in return. It has to be of equal value," Granko said in negotiation of the deal. They had plenty of the strategic resources that they required but it seemed that the Kingdom that they're from has more luxuries than Crimsonia.

Rex

Resident Furry
The Samurott smirked, showing off teeth. The Bisharp wasn't so big and tough away from his little security force, was he? That wasn't so surprising, really. It was always the weakest who flaunted their power most.

The top page of the small stack the Bisharp was given was, as suggested, a writ of trade signed by the Consul of Vidirion, Virpim den Ligira, authorizing the Ocean Sword under Captain Cezary den Varbo to conduct a mission in the north, selling valuable luxuries that could not be grown in these harsher climates, in return for various strategic resources. The second page was a list of acceptable goods for sale and desired payments, all in line with what the Mienfoo had originally said. Third was a table of exchange rates approved by the Consul, and agreed to by the Provisional Governors.

"Accepted payment for cocoa is four gold per pound," the Mienfoo stated, flipping to his own copy of the mentioned table, still on the clipboard. "We will also accept four pounds of iron per three pounds of cocoa, two bolts of lumber per one pound of cocoa, four bolts of cloth per three pound of cocoa, eight pounds of fish per five pounds of cocoa, or four pounds of salt per three pounds of cocoa. Rates of exchange for other goods listed as accepted payments are negotiable," he paused to motion at the Samurott, "Should you wish to barter, my captain is authorized to act as a representative of the Consul." The Mienfoo flipped through several more pages of paper, before continuing, "We have approximately five hundred pounds of cocoa for sale."

Granko listened to Mienfoo as he listed the different choices that he had. "We have more than enough, salt, iron, and fish. How about we trade the equal value of that with 250 pounds of Cocoa," Granko said to Mienfoo, not showing any attention to Samurott. He wanted to confirm that both parties were happy with the trade so he held out his hand that had his gauntlet equipped, for . "Have we got a deal?" Granko asked.

Hektor was talking to some superiors about sending settlers and workers west to settle there and found Clifton. The settlers and workers were sent and Hektor then returned to his luxurious lounge, with large, brown, soft, coaches complimented with silk blankets. He picked up a pipe and put it in his mouth, he sat down as he lit the pipe using the flames from his head. He breathed out the contents of the pipe and sunk back into the coach.

The assassin hideout was as bland as ever, rats ran along the floor and stank of booze and drunk's." Yo Yugi you're back early you got your job done?" spoke the barkeep as yugi enter and picked up a new job.
"sure did my man and I decided to do something more productive with my life," answered Yugi as he placed the EL on the table "I'm working under the king now but do you mind if I take this job after all It's just a simple delivery job but anyway see you later gramps."

Last edited:
Hyrain briskly walked through his tunnels, and came to a door, marked 'Henlow'. Standing still briefly to allow the Litwik to confirm his identity, he morphed into a Weevile, one of the preferable forms for the check on the capital's castle. His Chimcheo had curled itself behind his crest, which was quickly covered by the hat prepared for him. Hyrain walked up to the castle doors, and went straight in, like he always did. Several Kirlia had said that there was talk of some new city, so he'd gone to investigate it

Rex

Resident Furry
The Mienfoo stepped back, deferring to his captain. The Samurott's smirk grew.

"As my Lieutenant said, I am the only one here with the authority to negotiate. Here's the deal I'll offer you: Forty pounds of fish for twenty-five pounds of cocoa, thirty-two pounds of salt for twenty-four pounds of cocoa, two hundred and sixty-eight pounds of iron for two hundred and one pounds of cocoa," the Samurott rattled off, without checking the Mienfoo's paper, "I assure you, this is an even transaction."

Granko wasn't having any of Samurott's ridiculous offer that was blatantly not equal value. "There is no way I'm accepting that ridiculous offer. That is clearly not of equal value. You either do a proper offer or leave," Granko said assertively as he started to get annoyed with these tradesmen.

Hektor felt something was amiss in the castle so he got up and started to wander around. He saw a Weavile walking around the Castle. Hektor didn't recognize the Weavile and found it rather suspicious. "Excuse me! Can you help me with something please," Hektor said to the Weavile.

"Follow me," Hektor said calmly and lead him to the back garden of the Castle. It had a large maze made out of hedges and large statues decorated all over the grand garden. There was a moat with a bridge crossing it. Hektor walked on top the bridge and pointed at the water. "Can you please freeze the water for me, please," Hektor requested the Weavile.

"Um..." Chimcheo! We're in trouble. Hyrain thought, worried, and knowing the psychic type would pick up the broadcasted thought. "Sure. Just give me a second to cool down my claws..." He made a big show of turning his claws blue, and raised his arm

He squinted his eyes at Weavile as he thought it was rather strange how he was showing off about making his claws blue rather than just simply using Ice Beam. "What's wrong? Freeze the ice," Hektor said trying to hurry up the "Ice" type.

"Yeah..." Hyrain slashed his claws through the water, spraying it into the air and in front of him, providing a bit of a distraction as he lept upwards, back in his normal form, and clung to the wall. "Chim, sent a Psychic backup request. I need to teleport out." The psychic type hummed, enmiting a wave which reverbed through the air.
"They say that they can pinpoint your location in about ten minutes." Chimcheo's whisper sounded around him. Looking down at the king, Hyrain didn't feel fully safe, stuck on a wall

Hektor didn't flinch as the Weavile leaped away and revealing itself to be a Zoruark. He was unfazed since it was exactly as he suspected. He had a rather sixth sense when it came to Zoruark, since the nanny that raised him alongside his parents was one so he knew all the tricks and how to spot them.

"Who are you and why are you here?" Hektor yelled standing with his arms crossed. He started to tap on his arm with his fingers and it made a quiet *dink* everytime because of his gauntlet.

"Good questions. Both of them. Unfortunately, I can't answer one of them. I can tell you why I'm here though. I've heard you've found a new city, as well as created some exploding powder. I can't let you keep the powder. I just wanted to check out the situation."

"Well, I'm afraid that isn't your decision with what happens to the powder. It belongs to our kingdom. We have no intention to use it in a hostile way. It's just to make sure that we are able to defend against any enemies that may show hostility towards us." Hektor replied to the powder comment. After, a couple of seconds he found it rather strange the fact that he knew so much. "How do you know so much?!" Hektor demanded. He started to think it was more of an enemy since it was telling demands to him, the king of what to do, and how it knows so much.

Emerald was walking around the castle looking for someway he could help with something. Realizing there might not be anything he could help with at the moment, he decided to go to the garden, because it was his favorite place to think about things. He walked to the garden and after a couple of minutes saw the king talking to a zoroark. As he saw the zoroark his mind was flooded with memories. So much so, that he couldn't even bring himself to be able to move.

"Emerald stay back! This could be dangerous!" Hektor warned Emerald. "We do not need someone to scout out whatever we do and whenever we make progress. We are responsible and noble and never do, inconsiderate, reckless or warmongering actions. Understand!" He yelled at the mysterious Pokemon once more.

Emerald could hardly move. He had so many thoughts that he couldn't comprehend what was going on. He just stood there staring at the zoroark. After a few seconds though, he was able to stop thinking about his past. Not knowing what else to do, he ran away back to the castle. "I would just get in the way," he thought to himself.

Rex

Resident Furry
"My Captain is a Pokemon of his word, thank you very much, sir," the Mienfoo frowned, stepping forward. An outstretched arm from the Samurott, clearly Captain Cezary by this point, stopped the smaller Pokemon.

"Calling me a liar without even checking the table we so kindly provided for you?" the Samurott said, cocking his brow, "At two gold, five silver per pound, forty pounds of fish will run you one hundred gold. At four gold per pound, twenty-five pounds of cocoa will likewise run you one hundred gold. Each pound of salt costs three gold, therefore, thirty-two pounds of salt costs ninety-six gold, same as twenty-four pounds of cocoa. That leaves two hundred and one pounds of cocoa out of your requested two hundred and fifty. That costs eight hundred and four gold. At three gold a piece, you need two hundred and sixty-eight iron to reach that amount."

"These were the terms you agreed to when you offered to trade," the Mienfoo nodded.

"Yes, I understand that. However, it's too risky. You may not use it in a hostile way, but others can. Even in your own group of commanders, some would gladly manufacture weapons with it. That's why. I'm not giving you orders. I am in your kingdom, after all. But I have to make sure nothing goes wrong. Oh, and here's my transport. Goodbye." As a group of Abra and Alakazam teleported in, Hyrain gave the king a nod, stepped next to them, and disappeared in a flash of light

Hektor sighed a he felt rather helpless in that moment when the Zoruark disappeared. "What was that about?" Hektor mumbled to himself. He went inside the castle and went up to the seemingly traumatised Emerald. "Are you okay, Emerald?" Hektor asked concernedly.

"Everything is fine but the Iron trade. I will agree to some of the deal, but there's only 80 Iron for offer. We can trade the equivalent of that," Granko said as his guards started to discuss between themselves.

Hyrain walked down from the centeral recovery dome, and back into his main control centre. Well... That went well. Got caught and nearly captured. Anyway... "Chim? Any reports coming in?"
"I've got a report of a new trade with the place we were just at, and captain Cezary."
"Sounds like something we should know about. Send Fsrea to check on what happened." Chimcheo sent out an ultrasonic cry which resonated through the tunnels.

Fsrea, picking up the sound, instantly teleported into the docks. Sliding beside several boxes, she listened quietly for the results of the trade. She then suddenly realised that she'd knocked over a small can that was standing on the stack, and was now teetering on the edge. Too slow to react, it fell down to the floor with a bang

Last edited:
Yugi was turning a corner back to the castle when he saw Granko arranging a trade deal at the docks with a ship's captain. "Yo Granko what you doing?" spoke Yugi as he Floated down to the the dock's "by the way you know which one of the ship's is the ocean star."

Rex

Resident Furry
"Perhaps in the future don't throw around such large numbers if you're not even able to match them," the Samurott's smirk grew again. "Now then, even trade for eighty iron would be-"

It was then that the negotiations were interrupted by not one, but two Pokemon. One was the sound of a can being knocked over, quite hard by the sound of it. The Samurott snapped his fingers, and pointed at the source of the noise. Two of his crewmembers, a Scrafty and a Medicham, drew their cutlasses and approached the source of the noise. Between them, the Scrafty caught sight of the Kirlia first, "Oi, what'er you doin' 'ere?"

The Samurott turned to catch what it was his crew found, but glanced back towards the Bisharp and his new Ninjask companion. Apparently, the Bug Type was looking for a ship known of the Ocean Star. Perhaps it was a local vessel, as Captain Cezary had never heard the name before. Assured that the Ninjask wasn't something he'd have to deal with, the Samurott looked back towards his two crew members, waiting to see what it was they found.

"Me? Oh, I was just..." Fsrea instantly tried to teleport away, and realised something. Teleport's out of power! I haven't been able to give myself an elixir. Ohh, no. "Request backup! Teleport out of power. Situation critical!" Glancing at the dark type in front of her, she noticed something a bit more severe. That's a dark type! They'll never be able to pick me up with that around. Fsrea slowly backed away. "Now, can we just pretend this didn't happen? I just need to be going now..." She glanced desperately at both of the Pokémon blocking her way, panic in her eyes

Rex

Resident Furry
The Scrafty growled, sheathing his weapon. "Jus' a Kirlia, sir," he called to the captain, who nodded. The Pokemon turned back to the little waif, and jabbed a thumb towards the city. "Get goin', we ain't taking stowaways! An' if I catch ye 'round here again, I'll throw ye inte the sea!"