• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon At War

In an advanced, war torn region where humans have never been, Pokemon live and fight. Things such as armor, clothing, weapons, and advanced security systems are used by Pokemon. There are many towns, villages, cities, and tribes across this huge region. Some, like the Minoki Tribe and the Chikal Tribe have been at war with each other for many years. Now, onto the rp!

There were wars going on and patrols to be made. Toia sighed. 'Great. Another patrol of the Minoki Tribe's borders. Hopefully we won't run into too much trouble out there.' thought the Meowth. She sighed, then got up to stretch. 'Might as well get it over with' Toia thought.

The Minoki Tribe and the Chikal Tribe had been at war with each other for as long as Zorro could remember. No one knew exactly how long the two tribes had been at war, however. The patrols were going to leave soon. Zorro had not been assigned to any of them. 'Might as well check on the Weaponry Storage Units.' he thought. 'Since I have nothing better to do.'

A Minun sat in a bush near the tribe of Minoki, as he stood on a modest hillside that was about fifty meters from the border of the tribe. He thought to himself while he scoped out the outer areas of the tribe, "Heh perfect... I've got a nice view of this so called tribe that I've been hearing about from all the others near this place. Maybe I outta teach them a lesson about being in such a stupid war."

His tail perked up with a devious smile on his grinning face, as he continued to scan the outer area of the tribe for any security measures that they might have. He did not seem to see any of the patrol from the distance he was at, as he decided to wait for some brief minutes before making his move.

Mint yawned and rubbed his eyes tiredly. Malady opened his to observe the leader's condition, frowning under his bandana when he saw how wilted and fatigued the Pansage looked. "You should really consider seeing somebody about that." The Zangoose encouraged Mint in a muffled voice. He stood and brushed the leaves off his coat, then stepped away to rouse everyone else in their tribe. The Pansage chuckled to himself, also standing and changing his expression to appear extremely optimistic so as not to concern the underlings.

In a house, there was a Zoroark, looking at a picture book, featuring many Pokemon. "Let's see here. Weedle, Magikarp, and Pickachu." When he said each name, he switched between the Pokemon. After going through some more Pokemon, he turned back into himself. He then started practicing with inanimate objects, like twigs, and hat. Illu went back to his normal form and went outside. "Better go spy on that Misanthropic Tribe, full of Miffed People, looking to start a war over a miniature thing." Illu said with disgust in his voice. "Also I don't understand why they can be described by a letter M, and their tribe name IS Minoki. Strange." Illu then started walking out of the area, and heads towards the Minoki Tribe.

The Minun's eyes widened to the vague sighting of a mysterious figure that was also headed towards the Minoki Tribe, as he quickly turned invisible in a panic! He took in a quiet, deep breath and hoped that the mysterious figure did not spot him while he was still visible, as he thought to himself, "Oh my god... that was a close one, better pray to god that he didn't see me there. Okay, back to the plan... just take things nice and slowly. I'd rather take an hour and not get found out rather than rushing in for ten minutes and being chased by everyone!"

He silently moved towards the village at a modest pace, as he avoided the rugged terrain like the plague. He felt his heart beating about with his slight anxiety, as he steadily made his way to the tribe. After a few brief minutes, he went over the rock and crouched down behind it. He remained as still as the rock he was hidden behind to regain his much needed energy for later. He slowly peeked above the rock, as he did not seem to notice any guards even at a closer distance. He decided to take a short break behind the rock before advancing into the tribe, as he carefully scanned the nearby area for any potential security measures that the tribe might have.

A Mightyena in the patrol whispered something to Toia. "We've got company." Toia whispered. 'This is where Kecleon and illusion Pokemon come in handy.' she thought. A Zorua was sent to tail the Minun scent while a Kecleon was sent to tail the Zoroark. 'Better to be safe than sorry in times like these.' thought the Meowth.

The Minun's ears perked up to some approaching movements that he briefly heard. He noticed that the footsteps were approaching towards his location, as he thought to himself in slight anger, "Damn it! Looks like someone's already compromised me right off the bat! Tch... it was so much easier back then! Great, looks like they've really upped their game after just a few months! Maybe I better lose whoever's trying to tattle on me or just get the hell out of there now!" He quickly went back in the opposite direction while staying careful with his movements, as he silently charged in some voltages within his small body to prepare for the worse.

He had a huge relief within his gradual tension, as he thought to himself again, "Well, at the very least they won't be finding out about that map I hid any time soon. Boy oh boy that thing's extremely valuable to everyone since it's from that other dang tribe. Oh my, I could only imagine the looks on their faces when they find out soon enough." He quickly made his way back to a neighboring forest after going back to the hillside, as he hoped that his potential pursuer would soon cease the efforts to chase him down.

'Oh crud, he's onto me already!' thought the Zorua. 'Perhaps now is time for an illusion. What Pokemon though?' The Zorua pondered this as he watched the Minun take off in the opposite direction. The Zorua dropped his branch illusion and jumped out of the tree. He put on another illusion, this one a Fennekin, out of sight of the electric Pokemon.

The Minun did not seem to take his hasty pace into account when he was fleeing from the pursing Pokémon, as he was now translucent from his lack of energy. He quietly panted and attempted to lose sight of his pursuer as fast as he could, as he quickly halted his invisibility state and scurried into the forest like a lighting bolt! He did not seem to realize that the Pokémon was now in his illusion, since he did not bother to waste even a second. Even if he was on full alert, the Pokémon would still be out of his peripheral vision if he turned around to check.

He quietly took in a few deep breaths while he thought to himself, "Okay... I think that I know this area since I studied that map like no tomorrow. Hmm, alright... I'll just go past these trees to make my way towards Plan B then. I'd seriously better hope that this guy is still not chasing me. If he's still on my tail, then I gotta hand it to that boy... he's got some pretty big guts for attempting to chase me down mile after mile."

After passing by a few tall trees, he was suddenly confronted by an Ariados! The Ariados made an intimidating face towards the Minun, as he said to him in a ridiculing tone, "Aww, what's the big hurry there ya little baby mouse? You got a date with your girlfriend or something?" He gave off a mocking chuckle to the Minun, as the Minun sighed and quietly sparked his cheeks in an angered manner! Several streams of bluish bolts of electricity charged at the Ariados, as the Ariados emitted a buzzing scream when it struck his head! Knowing that the scream would quickly give his location away, he quickly slapped the Ariados right in the face and quietly said to him in a fit of vexation, "If anyone comes to ask you questions, you better not say even a god damn word... or else you're gonna really get it! Comprende?" The Ariados gave him a frightened blink in a hasty response, as he could not seem to move his body at the slightest due to the paralysis that the Minun's attack harshly inflicted upon him. He lied next to a chartreuse bush while attempting to break free from his dreadful paralysis with a feeble effort. The Minun quickly ran deeper into the forest, hoping that his pursuer would soon give up in attempting to find him.

Eventually this Minun would run past the borders of the Minoki Tribe's lands. The Zorua did not know the Minun's intentions but if he crossed the border he would no longer be their problem. Still in his Fennekin illusion, the Zorua came to a paralyzed Ariados. "So, you made the mistake of messing with him, huh? Serves you right." he said. He grinned at the paralyzed Ariados.

Meanwhile, the Flareon (If you guys don't know, she has no name yet) was exploring around the Minoki's borders. She was worried about something: her necklace. At least it was invisible, but when her neck was hit, it would appear. Since then, a lot of Pokemon have been looking for the necklace. Her necklace gave her a special move that almost no one but her mom has seen. She only used the necklace once on her dad, because the dad was mean and bothered her every time she did one mistake. She never, never, ever saw her dad again, which was a relief to her.

While the Zorua and Kecleon were busy with their assignments, the border patrol kept going. This time it was Toia who smelled something. They were now near one of the parts of the borders when Toia smelled a Flareon. "Can you excuse me for a moment? There's something I'd like to check out." she said to the leader of the patrol, a Blitzle. The Blitzle nodded and Toia quietly followed the scent. 'Doesn't smell like she belongs to any tribe. Must be a rogue.' Toia thought as she silently watched the Flareon from a few feet away.

The Flareon saw another Pokemon at few feet. She was scared at first when she saw the unfamiliar face. Aggressive, but kind, she asked, "Why are your near me?" She didn't want anyone to know about her necklace, so she asked that.

Mint looked up at the entrance to his self-made cave. A bug type's shriek had caught his attention. Malady had noticed it too, and stood rigidly on his hind legs. The awakening members of Lokilo awaited their leader's order to explore. "Only legend, and one trio." He discouraged the majority of them, letting only Malady climb out with three weaker, common pokemon. The patrol of four began searching for a possible threat around the mouth of their hideout.

"This is my tribe's lands. I caught your scent and decided to see what you were up to. These are times of war, after all." Toia said. "You're a rogue, correct? What are you doing on the lands of the Minoki Tribe's lands anyways?" the Meowth asked. She mentally debated on whether or not she should get closer.

The Ariados still attempted to break free from his paralysis that was starting to become unbearable, as he was slightly relieved that the Fennekin that he saw did not bombard him with intimidating questions. He continued to lie next to the bush, as he hoped that his lengthy paralysis would soon come to an end.

Meanwhile, the Minun continued to run into the forest still, as his much needed energy began to regenerate at an accelerated pace. He hoped that the Ariados's squeal would not attract too much attention, as he swiftly made his way past some other Pokémon without detection.

"Nothing really. Just exploring around, my hobby. Not a scout, not harming anything around your territory." The Flareon answered, not sure if Toi would allow it. A sudden voice from the necklace whispered, "If she doesn't let you, it would be a wise time to use your necklace power to get through. Though you might want to run away after, everyone from that tribe will chase you." She wanted to not use it, but it was for the good of her life if Toi wouldn't allow.

"As long as you do nothing to my tribe, you can resume what you were doing. As you were, Miss." Toia turned around and started to walk away. "By the way," she called over her shoulder. "if you see any suspicious characters around here feel free to tell me." She then continued to walk away. 'It doesn't hurt to have someone on the lookout for any possible trouble. Even if they are not part of the tribe.' thought the Meowth.

"Ok. I am not the best at that job, but I am decently good." she answered. She explored around the area, looking for anyone who seemed suspicious. No one really did seem suspicious, but then a rouge Pidgeot appeared on a blossom tree. The scent- it was another rogue. "Hey other rogue! You look funny in that stupid armor!" it said attacking with Aerial Ace, hitting the Flareon with a big blow. "Oh yeah, wait until you see this!" This person has been hating me and deserves the blow! she thought. A green and blue flare appeared from out from her paws, and charged all the way, no stopping. It hit the Pidgeot badly and was injured. However, the Flareon as limping and got a poisoned effect. She limped all the way to the border and walked away and hid in a tree

They'll know I have a powerful necklace. I need to walk away asap so no one suspects me, she thought, scared.

The Zangoose almost tripped, surprised at a small figure rushing past. He ordered the trio consisting of a Sentret, Ledyba, and Shroomish to go after it. A few moments later he could hear some rustling feathers, and eventually found the source of the noise, a wounded Pidgeot. He sniffed while avoiding the Pidgeot's sight, wondering what could have caused that sort of injury.

The Minun was unsure if his pursuer was still on his tail, as his movements suddenly became quiet when he saw a Growlithe wandering around in the deep forest with a pouch that contained something that deeply intrigued him. He was oblivious to the other Pokémon that were within the area however. He thought to himself as a devious grin flashed towards him, "Oh look at that little dog... is it who I think he is? Red bandana on in the wrong way, scroll sticking out of pouch, and a nervous look? Well well well... I think I just found an easy target to extract some good information from."

His cheeks sparked, as he swiftly charged towards the Growlithe! He quickly smacked him in the chest and pinned him on the ground, as he gave off a quiet snicker and said to him in a smug tone, "Well hello there little doggy. I just need to ask you a few questions before I let you off." The Growlithe emitted a terrified shriek at the Minun, as his body squirmed and struggled with the Minun's modest grip!

He cried out at the Minun in shock, "W- wha?! Who the hell are you?! L- let me go! Ahh! Someone he-" His desperate wails were suddenly muffled from the leaf that the Minun placed over his small mouth.

The Minun said to him while silently sparking his cheeks, "Now now little mutty, we can do this the easy way, or the super complicated way that involves a lot of pain both here and up there. If you stop screaming and sobbing like a little kid, then maybe I won't bother harming you then. I just need you to answer a simple question: What kind of security and stuff does that tribe of your's have?"

The Growlithe replied with in quiet, timorous tone, "W- wha... what do you mean... my tribe doesn't have anything like that kid!

Knowing the visible suspicion that the Growlithe had on his frightened eyes, he swiftly smacked his face and said to him in a stern, child-like voice, "Oh yeah? Then explain why someone already found me from miles away!"

The Growlithe quietly sobbed as he said to him in a petrified tone, "Ow! Stop it, it hurts a lot! Fine... I'll tell you if you want to know that b- badly! There's patrols around the tribe that are always on a constant look out. I heard that they can smell others easily and send some of their other Pokémon to go after them. There's a secret passage that you can use to get into the tribe, it's right down that river that has some rocks hiding it!"

The Minun smiled at the Growlithe, as he said in a slightly calmer tone, "Well then boy, what kind of things does your tribe have. I wanna know if they got anything good like orders, maps, you know the things here doggy."

The Growlithe continued to sob towards the Minun, as he cried out in a fit of petulance, "Ahh come on! I've told you too much already, please let me go! They'll probably put me in that corner if they find out about this!" The Minun quickly discharged some bluish bolts of electricity at the Growlithe soon after, as the bolts struck the Growlithe on his entire body!

The Growlithe's fur puffed up like a porcupine's spikes, as he groaned out to him from his sharp, burning pain, "Ow ow ow! That really hurts! Okay okay... I'll tell you then! I can't even move now! Ow this seriously hurts!"

The Minun's smug wink twinkled at the Growlithe, as he replied, "Oh good boy, now... go on and tell me the good stuff."

The Growlithe struggled to move his paws and legs, as he hesitantly said to him, "There's a storage unit here... it's got some w- weapons... and there's also a safe. The safe has a blueprint for a prototype weapon! Come on... let me go already please! I've already talked now okay?!"

The Minun snickered and said to the Growlithe while eyeing over a frontal bush, "Oh I'll let you go alright, right in there ya little fussy baby!" He quickly zapped the Growlithe with another bolt of electricity to silence him, as he quickly snatched the scroll that was in his pouch. He shoved him into the leafy bush with a potent force to conceal him from any of his potential pursuers. The Growlithe lied motionless in the greenish bush, as the Minun smiled and thought while he continued to move towards an unknown passageway, "Hah, that was like taking candy from a baby... or in this case taking information from a little dog. Oh well, I don't think that anyone would find out soon since he's well hidden there. He's even out cold now as a nice bonus. Ahh, back to the plan... I suppose that I better head that way now and fast. I'll read the scroll later when I'm not playing cat and mouse."

Unbeknownst to the Minun the Zorua who was told to tail him had seen the whole thing. "This is not good. And I'm sure that Minun is up to no good as well. I'd better report this as soon as possible." he whispered to himself. He jumped out of the tree. If anyone saw him and didn't know better would've thought him to be a Fennekin. 'I'll drop the illusion when I get to camp.' thought the Zorua.

The Minun was oblivious to the illusionist Zorua that had seen what he did with the Growlithe, as he sighed and hoped that no one would find about him anytime soon. He carefully held the firm scroll with both paws, as he quietly went into a cavern that was concealed from the bushy leaves that guarded its entryway. He slowly proceeded his way towards an unknown passageway that he only knew, as he removed some rocks and crawled through after placing them back to blend in with the rugged walls. He gave off a slight grin while he made his way through the small maze of rocky halls that would soon lead him to his destination.

The Minun thought while walking towards a door that had some switches, "Well, I suppose that I'm finally here to tell the nice turtle about what I've gotten. At least he's neutral and doesn't have anything bad, so the tribes won't exactly be going all out on him. I'll probably head over to that other tribe to give them some juicy stuff after those dorks stop chasing my posterior around like those ladies in that one play I saw."

Illu got very lost at one point of time. "OK, where am I now?" He asked himself. He climbed up a tree to see if he can see anything. He looked around for a while. "There it is." He said to himself, seeing a clutter of Pokemon. He climbed down, and ended up falling down halfway to the ground. He walked towards the village before bumping into something. He looked around and nothing was there. "Strange. I better get out of here, and hastily." Illu toke out a smoke bomb and threw it down, causing smoke to feed up around the area. He became a Kecleon, due to its green color, and seeing there is a lot of green around him. He didn't bother taking off his hat.

"What was that?" "A Bunnelby." The small troop conversed while rushing behind a dark blur almost out of sight. It was lost by the time they reached a tree grove, and the patrol turned to go back home out of disappointment.

Malady remembered the clan he was supposed to be protecting. Storing a mental image of the place, he dropped to all fours and sprinted back to the cave in a great hurry, hoping that nothing had snuck inside and was ravaging the place.

The Zorua ran straight into camp. He dropped his illusion and kept running. He ran straight to the leader of the Minoki Tribe. The Zorua reported what he had seen and heard to the leader. The leader sighed. "I'll put some guards on that entrance to the entrance he spoke of and by that storage unit. No one's getting their hands on our weapons or blueprints, rogue or otherwise." She then arranged for this to be done.
Meanwhile, in the Chikal Tribe's lands, Zorro had finished checking the Weaponry Storage Units when he suddenly heard a commotion coming from the Minoki Tribe's side of the border that they shared. 'What on Earth is going on over there?' Zorro wondered. Curious, the Ninetales made his way towards their side of that border. On his way there he passed one of his tribe mates. The two briefly nodded to each other and continued going their separate ways.

Illu kept on walking, and did not have any problems. He then saw the village. "Alright. How do I get in?" He said to himself. "They have guards at the entrance. I wonder." Illu, still in his Kecleon illusion, walked up to the guards. "Hey, err, buddy..? Its me! Kecleon! I am just coming back from whatever I was doing. I found this hat from a Zoroark back there. He became me, so if anyone comes in here looking like me, then that's a fake. I also like this hat. So can I go through?" He asked the guards.

The Kecleon came into view suddenly right behind him. "Real funny buddy. You still smell like a Zoroark. What is your business here, exactly?" he said. One of the guards behind him facepalmed. "Real smooth." he muttered to the Kecleon.

Illu just stood there for a minute. "Oh.. I am a, trader! Yeah. I came here to trade. So if you just let me pass, I will give you 20% off of all items just for you!" Illu slide back into his normal form. "Also, if you are wondering about my cart, I have it already in the gate! I just left it in there whilst I went to get some new items. SO, I am just here to trade with your humble town of Miffed people." Illu paused. "Miffed means... Nice?" Illu paused hoping they did not know what Miffed means.

"Miffed means annoyed, what are you trying to get at?" the Kecleon said. The guards stared at them. The Kecleon cocked his head in inquiry. "Why do you think we're annoyed? Does this have to do with the war?" the Kecleon continued.

(Name will be revealed in this post)
The Flareon was weak, everything could take her away right now. She was almost healed, but still weak. "No one's coming after you, you are safe and well, Isabelle." a voice came from her necklace. It was her mom's voice, she had passed away but was connected the necklace.

Isabelle gazed up. It was her home, a used to be luxury house. RIght now it was dusty, old, but safe to live in. No one ever knew she or anyone lived there. It was hard to get to, but she was fine with it. She rested, and soon she was completely healed.

"Well, you are annoyed by me being here, are you not?" Illu said. "All I want to do, is to get back to trading my items! I mean yes, your tribe is Miffed over this war, and can ruin my business. So just let me pass. Or you will have a bad time." Illu waited for a response, waiting to use his special getting past guards move.

"You can go through. There's a few Pokemon in the tribe that may possibly be interested in the items you may have to offer." the Kecleon said. He nodded to the guards. They moved to let the Zoroark pass. "Real smooth Carl." one of the guards whispered to the Kecleon. "Oh, shut up!" Carl whispered back.

The Minun carefully turned the appropriate switches; including one that was hidden within the walls, as the rocky door gradually slided down to reveal his hiding place that he had with a Shuckle. He quietly poked his red, porous shell, as the Shuckle yawned and said to him while he was now poking his head out of his shell, "Huh... you're early Minun. So what's the situation now? Did you have to abandon ship or something?"

The Minun quietly replied while he saw the door closing shut after the switches were reset, "I kinda had to run since there could be someone after me. I did manage to sneak with some nice information... that doggy told me that they've got a nice blueprint in their weapons depot and there's some intense security now."

The Shuckle replied while grabbing a cup of berry juice, "Hmm, well let's just be careful if they find out... which won't be very likely since no one can even hear us talk. The place is well hidden here so I'd highly doubt that someone would even stumble on here in the first place. Psychic types are also out of the question since the rocky walls protects us from their things."

The Minun went over to his hay stacked bed after giving the scroll to the Shuckle, as he grabbed his cup of water on the stoney slab that rested next to his cozy bed. He slowly sipped his cup while the Shuckle said in awe after reading the uncovered scroll, "Woah... where did you get this? This is something that's pretty valuable to that so called tribe here. It's a map of the tribe that goes all the way to its borders... my god there's even a hidden passage! Hmm, I think it would be best to keep this for now." The Minun gave a vague nod at the Shuckle while he still drank his modest cup of clear water.

Illu looked around to make sure no one was looking. He put his hat next to his cart full of fruits (They were poisoned). He then used his illusion to become a Caterpie. "Alright. I sneak in to their base where they have the war plans, take them, and get out of there. There is no way they will be able to beat us then!" He whispered to himself, which he enjoys doing. He crawls to the weapons depot.

A nearby twig suddenly wasn't a twig anymore. "Seriously! How many Pokemon hate our tribe anyways. I should've smelled that Chikal Tribe scent sooner. Also, gotta give Carl some credit for having me tail you. You are the second troublemaker I've had to deal with today." the Zorua said. "Name's Khan by the way, and you're in a bit of trouble." 'Our security is good, not overrated. I hope that Minun I tailed earlier doesn't get in over his head.' thought Khan.

"Oh no. Its a 5 year old." Said Illu in Caterpie form. "You thought what a great idea it is, to show yourself and say I have been 'Caught', instead of letting me get caught by the obviously more skilled and trained guards." Illu dragged his hat back to the spot. "And you know what. I bet I will get those battle plans and get out no sweat. No tricks no disguises. Also, people hate your tribe because you seem like jerks. And if this is your second breach in the last 5 hours, you are not powerful, and have terrible defenses. Well, anyways." Illu went back into his normal form, and put on his hat. "Come at me with your best shot."

Khan looked at the Zoroark with amusement. "You think I'm the one you have to deal with, that's funny. See not all Minoki Tribe members stay in the camp." With that he whistled and at least a dozen Flying type Pokemon and Bug type Pokemon few out of the nearby forest area. "I don't have the authority or power to stop you, but they do. Also the other one was a Minun that could become invisible, so he kind of one-upped you." Khan smirked.

Illu looked unimpressed. "Whelp. I didn't think I had to do this.. But you left me, no choice!" Illu put his hands foward. "Looks like I have to turn in. That is, if I did not have a trick up my sleeve." He pulled out 2 smoke bombs, and activated them. He throw as many rocks as he can at the bug and flying Pokemon, he then used U-Turn on Khan, and speeding away into where the battle plans are stored.

A Talonflame shook her head as she watched these events from above. "Better get some of our Fairy types on this guy. If Chikal gets the battle plans..." She sighed. "Minoki will suffer a great defeat." The Talonflame flew into camp. One of the ones who would take the place of the leader if anything happened to her was a Gardevoir named Lila. "I'll take this one." Lila said. Sure, the plans were already under guard, but since this Zoroark had gotten past over a dozen Pokemon, and there were way less guards than that, he needed to be detained and questioned.