• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Academy

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Aine glanced up from her book when her phone buzzed. She looked from the message, to the rain, then back again, grinning. Ooh, fantastic, she sent back, half laughing. I’ll be there. She picked up Flash while Spark nestled in her hair and headed out of the dorm. On the way out, she nearly ran into a guy with what looked like a respirator over his face. “Oh, hey,” she said. “Are you our new roommate? It’s the first one down the hall.” (@Hanson) Then she slid down the banister of the stairs and hopped off when she reached the bottom. The rain ran down her face in rivulets, and she welcomed it. She saw Schrift with his Froakie across a stretch of grass and picked up the pace. “Hey!” she called, smiling.

Still thoroughly annoyed from the teacher's over the top response to him just getting some fresh air, Winston turned around to Koda with a face of held-back anger, let out an exasperated sigh and spoke.

"First of all, I'm perfectly ok, Secondly, please don't ask me about how I feel, you won't get a proper response." Winston spoke, his tone regaining anger and coldness.

Koda steppes back a little, eyes crestfallen. Does Winston not like me? I should’ve guessed. Stupid... why do I let myself do this over and over?

“Ah, sorry. I’ll stop then.” She said quietly and turned away, hands clasped behind her back. She stared awkwardly at the ground.

Dammit, say something! No, they probably don’t want to hear it. God... this is so hard.

Koda jumped again as her phone began ringing. She quickly fished it out of her bag and answered the call, holding the phone to her ear.

“Hello? Oh, yeah. I told you, I’m fine...” she trailed off as the person on the other end began ranting.

“Okay, okay..! Jesus, callate, por favor! Ay, para. I’ll speak whatever language I want.” She hissed into the phone, leaning against the wall.

“Why do you keep prying into my life it you don’t want me so badly? Hm? You sent me here to get me away, so stop checking in on me.” Another long winded pause as the other person spoke. His voice carried out of the phone, barely audible to the other people in the room.

“You wouldn’t. You’re bluffing. You get paid to keep me. I know that’s the only reason you do it.” She stopped, eyes widening at whatever the other person was saying.

“A-Alright! Bien. Can I go now? Yeah, sure. Whatever. Bye.” She hung up and sighed heavily, leaning her head on the wall.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Seeing Aine, Schrift smiled now they could battle. "You ready to battle?" He asked. "Me and froakie got some good practice" he pointed at his dirtied clothes. "Don't hold back, I want you to go all out" he grinned, before sending out froakie. "Also do we have a new room mate?". He had heard rumors of a new kid coming here to replace David. "if so we should probably introduce ourselves later, but battle first".

Taven walked into the dorms and sets down his bags at the door. He explored the dorm to get a feel of things. Taven would go to the lobby of the dorms to settle down.

=Nightshade=

“You ready for your first battle against someone who classifies as a human being, Flash?” Aine asked the Electrike. He gave a happy yip and wriggled out of her arms. Spark crawled up onto her head for a better vantage point. “Let’s go! Me? Hold back? As if! We're coming in hot and fast! Flash, use Discharge!”

Walking outside in the rain, Winston flipped up his parka hood to protect himself from the cold and wet. Bored and a bit tired, he made his way out to the battle grounds to do some training with his noibat, to help it not be quite so disobedient to Winston, understandable due to it being an unwarranted gift to him. Arriving at the battle grounds, Winston noticed, out of the corner of his eye, Aine and Schrift in a battle a ways away. Interested but set on training, Winston decided he would go and watch the battle if he had time post-training.

As Winston called out the shiny Noibat, it immediately tried to fly away, but Winston managed to catch it in his hands, placing on the ground by his feet.

"Right... Ok, Noibat, use Draco Meteor on that training dummy!" Winston ordered, to which the bat picked up a nearby stone and chucked it limply at the dummy, clearly joking about the stone being some sort of meteor.

"Please, Noibat. please co-operate with me, for 5 minutes. You have to understand that you need training. I don't think you could handle combat like this, so please. Work with me on this, if nothing else." Winston said, his firm tone broken.

The small bat pokemon looked up at Winston, smiled slightly, and sent down a small Draco meteor on the dummy, leaving behind a dust cloud. Winston looked on proudly.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"I'm actual half pokemon, but I'm still more human than David" he laughed ,as Froakie tried to jump out of the way, but after dodging multiple lines of electricity one caught him out. This sent him barreling towards the ground. "Froakie come on we got this" he encouraged, before shouting "Use water pulse!!". Froakie opened his clenched fists and gathered an orb of water in his palm. He leapt up in the air and slammed the orb down into the earth sending massive lumps of dirt flying. As soon as the earth was in the air Froakie jumped between them and kicked a particular bulky one at Flash. He launched another one at Flash, then a third before all the dirt lay in large mounds on the ground. "Didn't see that coming did you? Using the earth I've pretty much made a ground type attack" he laughed, smiling with pride.

=Nightshade=

Aine grinned. “Flash, Quick Attack!” With the speed boost gained from the Quick Attack, Flash was able to nimbly leap from clod of dirt to clod of dirt until he leaped off the third one into the air. The rush of battle singing in her veins, Aine gave Flash another command. “Thunderbolt, now!”

Finished with training Noibat, Winston held out his arm to which the bat flew towards and landed on, similar to a chatot on a pirate's shoulder. Proud of the Noibat's progress, Winston decided to check if the battle was still happening between Aine and Schrift, and if it was, he decided to watch it. Making his way over to the battlefield, Winston heard a distant bush rustling, but he presumed that it was probably some rookidees.

Coming across the battle, WInston grabbed his notepad from his coat pocket and began detailing the distinct battle styles of both Aine and Schrift. The notes were composed of seeming gibberish and scribbles, but there was method to the madness.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku stood up and walked over to Koda. "You okay?" He asked. "You sounded pretty angry..."

Izuku heard loud noises coming from outside. He glanced towards the window to see Aine and Schrift having a battle. "Why not watch Aine and Schrift's battle, maybe that'll help you calm down from talking to...whoever was on the phone." Izuku looked back at Super Nerd, still in his dorm. "Oh, you too, nerd...I don't want you snooping around in my dorm."

Koda’s head flicked up, making eye contact with Izuku. Her eyes softened a tiny bit as she turned and looked back out the window.

“Yeah. Watching Pokémon has that effect, doesn’t it? Especially watching them work effortlessly with their trainers.”

She focused on the battle, trying to let her anger and uneasiness fade away. She was fine. She could see that all of her friends were alright, and she had Izuku by her side.

Koda’s good hand subconsciously flitted down beside Izuku’s. She intertwined their pinkies gently, keeping her eyes trained out the window. She refused to look over at Izuku, her ears and cheeks a bright pink. She was stubbornly shy, and would not admit that she felt much calmer just holding onto one of his fingers.

Taven walked out the academy and into the nearest forest. He did this to catch his first Pokemon. As he explored the forest he noticed a web. Taven knew that webs are home to bug types. He continued to explore the forest. He couldn't spot any so he went back. He came back the same way to the web but something was different. The web was full of yanma. Taven saw a young yanma trying to escape the web. He tried to help but some ariados came and were mad that they were being intruded. The yanma then proceeded to use Silver Wing which cut through the web. The yanma then fought with the aria dos which the yanma won. The yanma the flew away except one,the youngest yanma which flew around Taven. Taven had a poke-ball which the yanma flew into. Taven's first Pokemon was now a yanma.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku looked at the two battle, and then called out to them. "Hey, mind if I fight the winner?" it felt like ages since he last got into a battle with anybody. Raboot heard that he may be fighting somebody, it jumped onto Izuku's head. He suddenly noticed Koda holding onto one of his fingers.

"You okay?" He said, giggling slightly.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Froakie couldn't dodge this move nor could he take it, this is not going to turn out good for me, Schrift thought his mouth open in shock. But then Froakie grabbed into his frubbles and pulled out two large clumps and using it as a shield as the thunderbolt did little to no damage. "Where did you lean that?" Schrift shouted surprised. Froakie gave him a mischievous smile before focusing on Flash. "Use pound", he yelled as Froakie ran at Flash and raining down a barrage of white strikes. "You guys are gonna face me after this" he said. "Hey Aine static won't work on Froakie since his frubbles don't conduct electricity making Flash's ability useless against Fraokie" He smiled at his thinking.

“Yes!” Koda squeaked, eyes wide. “I-I’m, ahem.. I’m fine.” She turned bright red.

“I-I’ll watch. I don’t want to go out in the rain.” Koda shuddered. She’d always hated rain, or just water in general. Although that probably had to do with the fact that she didn’t know how to swim.

“I think Aine is going to win. Schrift and his Pokémon always seem to jump headfirst into their moves. Or, that’s how it looks. Aine is very careful and... aye, come se dice obervadora en ingles?” She muttered the last bit to herself.

“Aye, Observant. She takes everything into account before doing something.”

=Nightshade=

Aine put her fingertips together in an expression of deep thought. “Meet it head on, Flash,” she said grimly. “Use Bite, then dodge using Quick Attack!” The puppy-like Pokémon opened his jaws wide and prepared for the attack.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
The move hit froakie, he couldn't do anything about it. Froakie was on the mud in defeat, Schrift bit his lips causing blood to come out of it. "Froakie get up!!" He shouted. "Froakie get up! Get up Froakie or that training would be worthless, if your going to stay down then be it, but know that you have to be able to take all hits and still be moving if you want to be part of this team". Deep down he knew that he was being harsh, but it worked Froakie got back on his feet. "Use smoke screen" he shouted, as Froakie leapt into the air making a demonic cloud. Inside, Froakie threw a lot of frubbles below him. "Hey Aine Playtime is over" he shouted flaring up with determination.

=Nightshade=

Aine grinned fiercely. “Playtime had started? Must’ve missed the memo. Let’s bring the heat! Flash, be ready for anything.” The little doglike Pokémon gave an affirmative bark before gathering static around himself. He bared his teeth at the Froakie and prepared. “Use Wild Charge, then use Quick Attack for a quick escape once the recoil hits!”

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Yeah, I agree. Aine has a high chance of winning." Izuku replied his eyes fixed on the battle happening between Spark and Froakie. "Thing's are only made worst for Schrift that Aine has a type advantage..."

He noticed how injured Froakie looked, and sighed. "Froakie looks really hurt. Hopefully, Schrift can use a potion or something..."

Just as Izuku finished his sentence. Raboot started to cheer froakie on. "Calm down, Schrift is strong, he'll put up a fight," Izuku said while stroking the rabbit pokemon's head. Izuku turned back to resume watching the battle.

Taven walked to the battlefield with his Yanma for training. He made a black powder and blew it in the air. "This training has to do with blinding moves like,sand attack or smokescreen, so fly into the powder and we will go from there." said Taven. Yanma flew into the powder blocking its vision. "Now, I am going to make a sound from a direction and you have to go to that direction." Taven instructed. Taven went to the left of yanma and clapped. Yanma went to the left. "Good Job." Taven said. Yanma flew down to Taven happy to succeed the training. "We will continue training but for now take a rest." requested Taven as he returned Yanma to its pokeball. Taven walked back to the Academy clinging Yanma's Pokeball to his vest.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Your really gonna try that?" He said laughing. "Well then Aine get ready for this, froakie use frubble" he shouted. But instead of frankie throwing parts of his white collar he threw a barrage of rocks. Froakie hid in the smoke screen aiming each rock at Flash. "Quick attack is really going to be keeping me on the ropes but froakie is faster so if I try to counter there is a chance I can get a hit, but if Froakie makes contact with flash he is gonna be paralyzed" he mumbled. Then he realized that he didn't need to keep hitting in order to beat flash, he just needs one move to hit Flash. "Froakie use water pulse!" He shouted putting his plan into action.

Sitting and watching the battle, Winston took more notes on the two's battle styles. Coming to the end of his page, Winston's noibat landed on the book and pointed one off its wings to the battle.

"Not now, Noibat. I'll see if we can battle later, ok?"

((OOC: Happy Spring! If you celebrate, happy Easter!))

Koda watched the battle with anticipation. Aine and Schrift seemed to be perfectly matched against each other. Schrift’s froakie wouldn’t let any type attacks hit him, so Aine’s advantage had pretty much disappeared. But at the same time, Aine was resourceful. Koda had no doubt she’d find a way around it, but she also knew Schrift would fight as much as possible.

They flow so well together. I can see them making an amazing partnership. They’d probably learn more from team battles then solos. I wish I could work that well with someone else. Koda thought.

She liked the look of determination in both of their eyes, so she brought out her sketchbook and flipped to a new page. Koda began to draw the opposing pair in their respective fighting stances, trying to catch the feeling of tension yet lively fun that was surely being felt.

=Nightshade=

Aine chewed her tongue, thinking fast. Flash looked back at her, unsure, as the Froakie fired off rocks in his direction. “Focus on the battle, Flash,” she murmured. “Keep going. Wild Charge.” Hopefully, the static electricity generated by the move would give Flash a speed boost equivalent to a Quick Attack.

Electricity gathered around his small body as he ran through the hailing rocks. A rock hit a glancing blow on his side, and he stumbled for a second before pushing doggedly onward. Another rock pummeled his back, but he kept going, panting with the exertion.

Aine looked on, teeth puncturing the first layer of skin on her tongue. But she’d long since learned not to show worry or weakness. Flash opened his jaws wide as he burst through the Smoke Screen... and ran right into the Water Pulse. Aine grit her teeth. They weren’t done yet; not by a long shot. As long as he hadn’t been Confused...

The Electrike leaped backwards, growling. He pawed as his ears, shaking his head. Aine feared the worst, until he turned over his shoulder, eyes clear, and gave a fierce yap, as if to say, I’m not done yet! “You wanna keep going, buddy?” A soaking wet Flash growled and pawed at the ground. “I’ll take that as a yes. No more unnecessary risks. Use Howl to boost your attack, then Discharge!”

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Froakie this is it go all out, with everything you have" he said punching the sky. But then he saw Flash howling, the next move will decide the winner, he thought biting his tongue. Froakie gathered up orbs of water in both hands. Then he charged at Flash running at him with both hands full of compressed water. The whips of electricity from Flash was lashing everywhere almost as if it was sentient. Froakie felt one whip him in the leg, but he just ran on pushing forward. He jumped another bolt, using the orbs to grind over the electricity. "Froakie pull back you can't hit him, if you do your gonna lose aswell!" He shouted, but Froakie pushed on and finally found his opening. The orbs smashed against flash as a thin layer of electricity was shielding him from Froakie's blast. The grass around them was blowing away, then a loud bang erupted. Both pokemon were sent flying opposite directions. The rain had stopped, there was a hole in the clouds. A crater stood before the two pokemon. "Bloody hell" Schrift muttered looking at the damage the two pokemon had caused. Froakie was down for the count, he was unconscious on the grass. But so was Flash. Schrift didn't know how to feel, he didn't win but he didn't lose. "Not bad Aine" he shouted smiling. "Next time I will win" he said before falling down, next to froakie, exhausted.

(Night's Shadow said I could have the ending move so I wasn't autoing)

Taven walked to the forest to continue the training with Yanma without disturbing the battle. Taven sent Yanma out of its pokeball. "OK, Today we will practice moves that slow you down. Moves like string shot or scary face are the ones." Taven instructed. Taven grabbed a rope and gently wrapped yanma around it. "So you can't fly but you can still move." said Taven as he built a dummy. "Yanma use Tackle on the Dummy,please." Yanma sprang forward hitting the dummy with its head. "Well,I guess you know headbutt now"Taven said jokingly. "Anyways, Good Work." said Taven as he unwrapped the rope around yanma. "You know some basic counters and next we will try to battle an opponent. So, rest up and i give you some Pokemon Food once we are given a challenge." Taven said to Yanma as he returned Yanma to its pokeball. Taven went back to the Academy clinging the pokeball to hs vest.

=Nightshade=

“Heh,” Aine laughed as she fell to her knees. “Not bad yourself. Feel free to try.” She pulled her hair away from where it was sticking to her neck, then crawled towards the unconscious Flash. “You did well, buddy,” she told him as she fed him a Max Revive. She heaved a breath, then coughed, half-laughing. “Good battle, Schrift.” Flash groggily opened his eyes then climbed, exhausted, into her arms, tail wagging. Sweat dripped off her face in rivulets, and she wiped the back of her hand against her forehead. “Was a... good workout...” she panted, grinning.

Last edited:
Watching the battle end, Winston got up from sitting on a nearby rock, swept off the dirt and leaves from his coat and made his way back to the academy, hoping to catch up with the new kid he'd heard someone mention, mostly interested due to him being a dorm mate of one of his friends.

"C-come on, Noibat. Let's see I-if we can find a battle for you t-to show your Draco meteor, h-huh?" Winston said, his voice returning to normal. The small bat pokemon flew around Winston gleefully and landed on his shoulder.

As Winston walked through the forest, he heard the distant call of a corviknight, a proud battle call which seemed to stir Winston onwards, more determined to find a battle. Walking into the academy, Winston looked around, only to see the new roommate. Walking up to the kid, Winston opened his mouth to speak,

"H-hey... do you think we could battle?" Winston asked, slightly nervous but in equal parts excited.

Koda looked out the window, down at the battle. The rain had suddenly stopped, and there was a large divot in the ground.

“That’s weird. What happened?” She thought out loud. Must’ve been a build up of energy, she figured. Koda was glad that the rain had stopped, though. The sun was starting to peak out of the clouds. She was grateful that it was still the end of summer. Autumn days were on their way, but she could soak up the sunlight while it lasted.

“Come on, we can go outside now!” She said to Izuku, beaming. Koda patted her leg, signaling for Mimikyu to follow, as she wrapped her hand with Izuku’s and pulled him down the stairs and out the dorm.

“I can agree to a battle” Taven said. “Yanma and I are waiting for a person to challenge us to a battle.” Taven smiled kindly and pointed at the clock at the academy.” Get Ready, We will meet tomorrow afternoon to fight”. Taven said with a more serious tone. “ Can you catch us or will you fall in the web?” Taven asked as he walked back to the academy.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
(OOC: Sorry if I'm not able to reply as much, online schooling is seriously getting to me.)

As the two made their way to the cafe, Izuku walked up next to Koda. "Hey, what do you feel like doing after the cafe?" He asked. He suddenly looked at Koda's hair and noticed it had been cut. "Woah, you cut your hair!" He exclaimed, feeling a bit stupid from not noticing it before. "It really suits you, I think you look really cute!"

He paused for a minute, and then it hit him. He went and called her cute without realizing it, for the second time. He went deep red as he didn't dare look in Koda's direction.

He thinks my haircut is cute?!

Koda blushed, and her head tipped back in laughter. The sun glinted off of her, and the large smile on her face suited her. She ran her hand through her now short hair.

“Hah, yeah, I did. I thought you didn’t notice.” Koda chuckled and shook her head.

“After the cafe? Hm.. I’m not sure.” Koda pulled out her phone and opened the Maps app. She scoured the area to see what attractions were near. Cafe, Pokémon Nursery, a pool, a mall with scattered restaurants, and other stores and what not.

“There’s lots to do around here.” She closed her phone and looked up. The sun was fully revealed. It was a beautiful warm day. Koda glanced over at Izuku, smiling at his blush.

“On the topic of haircuts, I love yours. It’s so fluffy. And the green looks awesome on you. Like a head of broccoli.” She teased, a mischievous glint in her eyes.

Koda was glad that she felt herself loosening up. It was becoming so much easier to talk to Izuku, and that made her very happy.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Once schrift got up he retreated Froakie, he rubbed the side of his head before saying" wanna go to the pool, I think it'll be fun". He but before Aine said anything, he smiled and ran to the dorms. On the way to the dorm he spotted Winston and the new kid. "So your the new kid? Well hi I'm Schrift, I'm your dorm mate. Also Winston, wanna go to the swimming pool?" He asked before heading off to his dorm.

Inside he rummaged round his clothes looking for his trunks and goggles. He took his bag and Nisshoku before sending a message to Izuku, "Wanna go to the swimming pool?". Then he ran off to the pool.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
With an embarrassed chuckle, Izuku turned towards Koda. "No wonder why my nickname is broccoli hair!" Izuku giggled. "And maybe the mall would be good, it'd be fun to just walk around and buy things." Suddenly, his phone got a notification, a text from Schrift. "Oh, Schrift texted me, wonder what's up," Izuku thought to himself, before looking at the text that was sent.

Izuku lit up with joy, he turned to Koda to tell her the news. "Well, scratch the mall plan, looks like Schrift invited us to the pool! Should we come?"

Koda’s eyes widened. She bit her tongue to stop from yelling No! Like she wanted to.

“Uhhh..! Haha, funny you should ask.. I uh, I don’t really... I never.. uhm.”

Koda tilted her head back and sighed. Izuku hadn’t judged her for anything yet. Why would he care now?

Because I’m a teenager that doesn’t know how to swim! How lame is that?

She reminded herself that she always felt lame, yet Izuku didn’t seem to think that.

Koda let out a huff.

“I don’t exactly know how to swim...? I- uh- I never got taught. Was never around in one place long enough for someone to teach me.” She dug her boots into the ground.

“I’d love to go, but I’m sure you guys actually want to, like, swim and stuff. Go ahead and go without me. Have fun!” Koda plastered a fake smile. She wasn’t going to hold them back from having a good time, even if it pained her.

=Nightshade=

"Yeah, sure," Aine said. But before those two words were out of her mouth, Schrift had already left. She shrugged. If he was getting the gang together, then she’d give him some time to do so. In the meantime... she should probably change. She headed up the stairs to the dorm; luckily she’d packed a couple bathing suits. She quickly changed into her one-piece and pulled her goggles over her head and around her neck before grabbing a small handbag. Inside were Spark and Flash’s Pokeballs as well as some snacks, a towel, and sunscreen. Just in case. Spark on her shoulder, Flash keeping pace with her on the ground, she headed to the pool.

"Swimming? W-well, I'd prefer not to, b-but Inteleon would be growling at me all day, haha." Winston chuckled nervously, unclipping the secret agent lizard from his belt.

"C-come on, inteleon. We're g-going swimming, o-or supposedly." Winston said, excited for Inteleon.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Not knowing how to swim is perfectly fine." Said Izuku, trying his best to lighten the mood. "Honestly, I'm not that good of a swimmer myself. But it's not about if you can or can't swim, it's about giving it a try!"

He held out his hand for Koda to hold on to. "It's our date, Let's enjoy it together!"

Taven walked to the middle of the battlefield which is empty and sent out Yanma to fly. "It has only been three days since he caught yanma but he has already connected with Yanma a lot. Taven was watching yanma fly close to the ground when he noticed a small Venipede slowly approaching them. The Venipede didn't look angry but looked happy. Taven waved at yanma to stop so he approached the Venipede with caution and thrown a poke ball at it. 1....2.....3 shakes and venipede was caught.

Last edited by a moderator: