• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Academy

Asher blinked back and forth between Jake and Mik. He blinked at the egg taking little interest, however if something powerful were to hatch form that egg, he'd hate for it too die. As he stood silently and watched his roommates interact he scoffed, and sat back onto his bed- they were trainers alright. The typical, determined, optimistic, caring trainers. A huff escaped Asher before he grabbed his poke balls and attached them to his belt, which his mother had given him and he rarely used. "Where'd ya find the thing?" he finally spoke while still standing by his bed.

"At a janitor closet in the west side of the..." Mik trailed off as she slowly turn towards the voice before seeing another boy. She stared at him before turning back to Jake "Your seeeing the dude right? Or was it just my head playing a realistic hallucination?" She asked in a whisper.

Asher heard Mik's whisper and resumed his amused expression, "Maybe if you stopped running your mouth so much you'd actually notice your surroundings." he huffed. Rolling his eyes Asher looked at Mik's pokemon, they weren't as weak as he'd expect. He glared at Mik on his way to see the egg before shrugging, it sure looked ready to hatch. Asher then huffed and took a step back, he could introduce himself later, as of now he still wanted to check out the battle arenas.

"Well Thats a Little Rude!" Jake Rolled his Eyes Before Saying. "If you found it in the janitors Closet i could be his, But if it was his he was taking care off it poorly. Or A Pokemom could have laid it but abandon it. I think we Should keep it for now."

Mik yelp before looking at the guy "Wow so you are real. I thought for a second that your just an insignificant ghost that was created by my mind. And sorry for not noticing you, maybe next time you should shout that you actually existed because people tends to forget those individuals who only think of themselves. And welcome, new roommate, I hope we could get along." She said turning back to the egg which wiggled again, she waited holding her breathe but after a couple of minutes nothing happened. "Hm~ I think it's not ready yet. Chastiefol lets go to the center maybe we could borrow an incubator." She said standing up followed by Chastiefol, she gave the new guy a worried look before turning towards Litten "Kuro guard the egg, would you?" Kuro nodded settling back to his position. She gave the guy another look before exiting towards the Pokémon center, leaving them behind.

Asher rolled his eyes at Mik's comeback, he then filed after her and turned to go a separate direction once in the hallway. "What a lousy bunch of kids..." he growled to himself, "Just a stupid egg" he muttered the last part and moved his gaze to the ground. Asher isn't exactly easy to get along with, never was, but he keeps to himself most of the time. He then tapped one of his pokeballs and a large Shuckle popped out of it, "We're training-" he said while walking. Shuckled twisted his head before following after Asher to the front of the school. Asher didn't actually like training in front of people so he decided to find a more private spot.

Last edited:
Jake Was surprised When they Both left So he Quickly Ran After Mik As he said. "Wait up!" Once Jake caught Up tp Mik he said. "Do you Think They will have incubators at Pokemon Center? And mabey we Can get some Cooking supplies While were Out?"

Asher rolled his eyes at Shuckle who lagged behind, unable to find away around most of the roots and rocks. Shuckle is Asher's weakest pokemon, after reading about their amazing defense he searched for weeks but the only thing he could get was from a trade and he ended up with a small Shuckle who was always crying, Shuckle hadn't changed much but Asher still believes he can make Shuckle into something better, stronger. "How do you expect to beat any pokemon if you can't even climb over a log?" he groaned and kicked the log over. Soon the pair came upon a field, a fresh looking land where many trees would serve well for target practice. As Shuckle came from around the bushes, panting, Asher nodded and pointed to a tree "Rock Throw!" he commanded.

Last edited:
"Of course they will. What kind of center doesn't have one?" Mik answered as they continue walk towards the center. She looked at the gathered kids "They're not finish yet." She sigh as she entered the center. "Nurse Joy, do you have any incubators?"

Sorry this'll be long, but I wann get this seen over with all at once.))

Shuckle's legs twirled as several rocks were lifted from the ground and thrown at the tree, they all hit but did little damage. Asher rolled his eyes, "Do you even wanna get better?" he huffed at Shuckle who frowned. "Rock throw!" Asher yelled again, this time Shuckle's rocks were much large, they blew the tree right off it's stump. Shuckle was panting, it obviously wasn't something Shuckle could do again. A faint smirk played on Asher's lips, "You can rest now, good Shuckle." he said before sitting down. Shuckle attempted to rub his head on Asher, as he was an oddly needy pokemon, but Asher shivered and pushed Shuckle away. "There ya go." he muttered and gave Shuckle a few berry flavored poke-puffs. Asher watched Shuckle before the ground suddenly shook underneath him.
Asher's gaze grew wide as he jumped up, the ground steadied before another rumble was sent though the earth. "Whatever that is, I bet it's strong." he grinned in awe before running towards the sound. As Asher parted the shrubs, he revealed a whole pride of Luxrays, Luxios, and Shinxes. The ruckus came from sparring Luxrays, and Asher focused his gaze on the largest of the herd who sat aside watching. Asher returned Shuckle before sending out his Metang. "Alright Metang, hit them with a Meteor Mash!" Asher popped up as a whirl of flames exploded on the ground around the pokemon.
To Asher's dismay, as soon as the attack hit the earth, every pokemon scattered. "We had to have hit something!" Asher frowned, "No way I missed out on that." as he jumped out of the bushes and pushed his way through the smoke. "Return Metang." he grumbled before tripping over something, assuming it was a rock Asher was shocked to hear a noise come out of the creature. By the time the smoke had cleared, it revealed a small Shinx. It was light yellow with large red eyes and a weak body, "What's wrong with it's coloring?" growled Asher, who had never heard of a Shiny pokemon "Maybe it's sick." he narrowed his eyes on the Shinx was was obviously attempting to get up. "Pathetic." scoffed Asher, but as he turned again to watch the small pokemon struggle he groaned, and scooped it into his arms. 'There's gotta be a poke-center around here. The others were talking about it.' he thought as the Shinx closed it's eyes.

Nurse Joy Smiled and Said. "I'm Sorry But we don't Sell Incubators Here. Check over their, He might have an incubator." Nurse Joy Ponited To a Shop to the side of Her. Jake walked over to Shop and Signaled Mik over.

Mik groan and follow "Seriously~ We could have just borrowed one. Not buy one." She muttered as she stop beside Jake. "Hey maybe we could buy half of the supplies here. I mean having extra supplies on hyper potion isn't that bad, right?" She asked as she held up the said item to Jake.

Stepping into the street, Asher quickened his pace slightly and an expression of almost concern plastered is face. He walked into a pole while his attention was fully on the small Shinx. As the Pokecenter's sign came into view he whispered, "Hang on." and ran towards the building, a familiar face flashed past him. He recognized both Mik and Jake but shook his head and shouldered his way in through the doors. "It's... hurt-" he handed Nurse Joy the Shinx in between breaths. "We'll have her fixed up in no time." the nurse kindly smiled.

The Shop Keeper Heard qhat they wanted from Nurse Joy and pulled out a Incbator as he said. "That will be 280 PokèCoins! Jake shurged as he said. "Well Its Not that Much." Jake Digged therw his pockets untill He pulled out his wallet.

Turning Mik recognize the guy, what's his name? Asher, walked in with an injured Pokémon. She shrugged and turn back in picking the items she needed. "Full Restores are too expensive but... Hey, mister can we get a discount?" The employee turn to her and smiled "I'm sorry, miss but the only ones that could get discounts are those who will participate in the Academy Leagues." Mik nodded before turning back to the items. Her mind was elsewhere as she put all of the items on the counter. She just cant shake the feeling of seeing the frail Pokémon in Asher's arm 'It must be his Pokémon. How is he feeling about it though?' She sigh "Jake could you also buy this bunch. I'm gonna go... there." she pointed towards the cafe and without waiting for an answer she walked away.
"Hello Miss, how can I help you?" She smiled at the old man "One Komala Coffee, and Roserade Tea, please." The old man nodded as he made the drinks. When he was done, Mik grabbed both and walk towards Asher, she's still a little mad at him from earlier for almost telling her that she was stupid so she did the only logical thing to a guy like him.
She pushed the Komala Coffee in his hands "It'll help." She said coldly before walking back to Jake.

Mik took Asher by surprised as she gave him the coffee, it took a moment to register in his mind and by the time he realized what happened Mik was back in the next store over. He hesitated, with a firm gaze locked on the store's door before following her. He opened the door with a huff before staring at Mik and Jake, part of him wanted to say thank you but he ended up just opening his mouth and closing it. "Did ya get what you wanted?" he asked in an attempt to be welcoming, but his voice was gruff and his eyes said he didn't want to be there.

Jake Sighed as He Pull Out The Money He needed to Buy The Stuff as They guy Selling the stuff Put it in the separate Bags. Jake gave Muks Atuff to her and said. "You going to pay me back... Right?"

Mik blankly stare up at him before sticking out her tongue "It depends~ If you win the Academy League then I might pay you back." She said giving him a mischievous grin before turning to Asher. "Yeah we did." She held up the incubator as she left Jake to carry the two heavy bags of supplies. She gave Asher a serious expression "That Pokémon, the one you were holding earlier... why is it injured?"

Asher simply blinked, "I swear I didn't just go out and attack a random baby pokemon! Like I'd go after anything that weak" he muttered the last part. "It just so happened that my pokemon's attack hit it, but I've got it handled." he shrugged. "You can come see for yourself if you're that concerned" he huffed and walked to the pokecenter.
"Your Shinx is all healed up!" Nurse Joy smiled. "Oh no, it's not mine." Asher quickly said, he then furrowed his eyebrows "Why's it still so weird looking?" he asked as the Shinx's large round eyes sparkled and she let out a purr. "Well that's just because she's shiny, there's not a thing wrong with her." the nurse giggled, Asher mused on the subject before shrugging and watching the small pokemon chase her tail. "Alright let's get you back-" he paused, what was once her home is now a crater he didn't know if her family would still be there. As he was paused in thought the Shinx wiggled her tail and pounced onto Asher sinking her small teeth into his arm.

Mik blink as she watched Asher interact with the Shinx 'Wait this guy doesn't know how to recognize shinies. And he keep talking about being strong when he doesn't even know the benefits of shinies.' She glanced at Chastiefol who nodded at her. She turn towards Jake with an innocent smile "Just about a dozen of Full Restores and Escape Ropes with a bunch of other stuff~ Lets go get Asher so we can go back together." Mik entered the center and giggled when she saw the Shinx bite Asher's arm.

"Wow your incredibly lucky to have a shiny Pokémon. There's a lot of interesting facts about them just so you know, including how different they are towards there original kins not in color but in strengths as well." She then gesture towards the dorm "C'mon lets go back to the dorm. Cause I think Jake's arms are about to pop off." She said as she walked towards dorms.

Asher growled and shook the Shinx off who let out a high pitched sound and whisked her tail again, Asher took a step back so he wouldn't be attacked. "It's not mine." Asher said in a 'couldn't care less' voice. He couldn't afford to waste a spot on his team for such a pitiful baby, though he'd admit she had a spark to her. "Strengths?" Asher suddenly put full attention on Mik, with a sigh he began walking past her the Shinx followed after his feet. He wouldn't catch the runt, but test her and see if she really deserved to me on his team, he was almost surprised the the Shinx obeyed and followed him so easily. "What's the Academy League anyway? Is it something I can win?" he asked walking past her and expecting her to follow. He seemed more open, and comfortable with Jake and Mik though one wouldn't call him friendly.

Mik grinned at Asher "What I meant by strengths is that. They had exceed there 'parents', as you may called it, in more ways than one. Since they are the by products of DNA defects some shinies had their stats different than others. Some may turn weak but evolved incredibly powerful, well 2x more powerful than their kins, while others may be strong at first but after evolving there will not be as much different than the original one. Just like Chastiefol for example, he can recover quicker than anyone in the team, and had less chance on flinching. A Pokémon can also grew more powerful if they had a strong bond with their trainer, especially if they are shinies as they are more sensitive towards others."

She then unlocked there dorm room and walked inside, Kuro trotting forward to Mik as she crouch down and give him a pat on the head "And the Academy League... Its some sort of a tournament that the students may enter to get extracurricular points or pass an exam. I heard that whoever have five consecutive wins can go up against the seniors who, by rumored, exceed the level of every Pokémon league elite fours. But this are just rumors, if you wanted to know more asked the other students or some staffs. The best way however is to check the bulletin board." She said as she put the egg on the incubator setting it on her nightstand before cleaning up the pile of clothing.

Asher huffed, "So you're strong eye?" he poked the Shinx who playfully snapped at his finger. He rolled his eyes when Mik mentioned bonds, he stopped believing that bonds affect pokemon when he was little. He watched the Shinx begin to explore the room, occasionally tasting the furniture before backing up with an expression of disgust. "Hmm..." he mused on the topic of the Pokemon League, before walking towards hi bed. "The name's Asher by the way, but you'll get to know me as the next Academy League Champ!" the title of champion never really interested Asher however lately he'd been getting the urge to show people just how strong he was.

Once Jake got into the Dorm room he placed the Supplys on the kitchen Counter as stretched His Arm as He said. "You Can't Just declare yourself as The Champion if you haven't Even Won yet!"

Mik look up at him and grin "The name's Mikaela. And if you wanted to be called champion then you'll need to train. Since we are also going to participate, right Jake? But dont worry the title's all yours I'm only going to do it for the curriculum and the..." she cough looking away "...discounts." She turn towards the egg as it wiggled in the incubator. 'It'll hatch soon... I hope.'

Mik sure know a whole lot more stuff than Asher thought, maybe she wasn't as worthless of a trainer as she thought. "Training I intend to do, but I've seen the kids around here, it's a joke." his eyes suddenly dulled as he focused on the ground. His mind flash backed to the last time he heard those words causing him to shudder, quickly shaking the thought away he shrugged, "We should battle sometime, it'd be good practice. We could do a three - way - battle".

"Yeah i think battling is a good idea!" Jake Quickly sorted out all the Stuff Into different drawers. "Ok! That Should Do it!" Jake Noticed The Shinx In the room and said. "When did you Get a shiny!?" Jake pat the Shinx on the head.

"Yeah that will do. What do you say Chastiefol, wanna give it a go?" the Decidueye nodded, but a cracking noise immediately grabbed her attention. She and Chastiefol turn as they watch the egg hopped and cracked before a burst of light flooded the room. When the light subsided , a shiny Ralts replaced the egg. Suddenly Mik's Kirlia let himself out of his Pokéball and run towards the sleeping Ralts "Kir-lia! Lia! (Wow, a playmate! Is she going to stay with us!)" her Kirlia asked telepathically as he patted the Ralts awake. Mik laughed nervously "I-I dont know Lancelot. She's only a baby-" she trailed off as Lancelot seems to have a conversation with the new Pokémon before offering a Pokéball. Mik's eyes widen "Wait Lancelot!" But the Ralts already pushed the button, Mik could only stare as the ball wobble before a click was heard "Lancelot~" she groaned picking up the Pokéball, letting out the Shiny Ralts.

"Kir-lia, lia, li (Dont worry she already said that she wanted to tag along.)" Mik sigh "Ralts (It true!)" the Ralts cheerfully said telepathically as well but unlike Lancelot, the new Ralts were able to spread its psychic powers in the vicinity of the room so the others could hear her as well. Mik stared at the Pokémon in amazement "Your only a babe and your... Oh well~ Now what should I call you? Hm~ how about, Gwen?" The Ralts nodded excitedly "Ral-ts (That sounds wonderful!)

Pokémon: Shiny Ralts
Nickname: Gwen
Personality: Calm, and positive
Dislikes: Disagreements
Fav Food: Mik and Jake's Poképuffs

Shinx blinked before batting at Jake's hand, she then stared at it and darted to the other side of the room. Asher blinked at Jake, "Just earlier today, but you were to busy whining to notice." he muttered the last part. He then reached down to scoop Shinx up and place her on the bed, her red gaze narrowed as she pounced onto his knee cap and kicked it as if trying to disconnect it from the rest of Asher's leg. "Looks like you're the only one without one now." he smirked at Jake, although technically Shinx wasn't his yet. After Ralts was caught though Asher nodded and placed his pokeball next to the Shinx who blinked before growling and swatting it out of Asher's hands. "Of course..." Asher groaned.

"I wish i had a Shiny!" Jake whin before saying. "If its a Female Ralts you can have a Gallade AND a Gardevoir! And they can both mega evolve!" Jake Pokemon went over to the Ralts And greeted it nicely.

"Ralts~ (Wow rejected~.)" Gwen commented as she sat on Mikaela's lap "Ral~ (Or di he~?)" She added which made Mik giggled "I love you already!" She declared cuddling the embrace Pokémon. She then looked up towards Asher "Maybe she just wants to play." Her gaze suddenly landed on Jake, she gave him a teasing smirk "Oh my, Sir Jake it looks like your stuck on being a squire to our mighty knight, Sir Asher."

Asher glared at the Shinx, "I didn't save you so that you could play!" he huffed, "The least you could do is talk to me..." he grumbled seeing how easily Mikaela communicated with Ralts. Shinx seemed quite amused by Asher's anger, she began using her teeth to ull on his clothes and making strange noises in his ear after climbing over his shoulder. "God you're weird." he huffed and moved her unto the floor knowing that she couldn't reach the bed to get back up. Shinx attempted to jump onto the bed several times, but after the 10th face plant she decided to pad away and investigate other parts of the dorm. At hearing Mik, Asher grinned and turned to see Jake's reaction.

Last edited:
"Oh Har Har!" Jake said sarcastically. "Hey i have an idea! Lets Cook something for your new Pokemon! Like a welcoming Dinner!" Jake Smiled as Jake's Pokemon Nodded and Agreed with him.

Mik sigh before setting Ralts on her bed "Aye sir!" She let Wanda out since she's the only one who is not out yet. "Alright Jake, no holding back. Lets cook a whole banquet!" She declared excitedly as she run to get all the materials out. "Hey I have an idea~" she looked at the boys her eyes glowing bright amber in mischievousness "Why dont we have a contest? Whoever lose will pay for the registration fee for the Academy League plus they will be on dish duty for the entire school year and whoever wins, will get first turn on our spar. The rules are simple, you get to cook with your new Pokémon and the judges will be our first Pokémon partners." She said as she beacon for Gwen and Kuro to join her side "And since I have two Pokémon, you two will have to catch another one so we could make it fair. Sounds good?"

Shinx's ear's pinned back before she took a step backwards and running at Asher's bed, it was a high jump for the small pokemon who just barely made it. She struggled to hold onto the sheets with her front paws as her back paws kicked to find a grip she looked at Asher with large, pleading red eyes but he simply watched her. By the time she finally got onto the bed, the Shinx was tired. She let out a yawn before curling into a ball beside Asher's leg. He gazed fondly upon the Shinx before shaking his head and pushing her onto the other side of the bed. Asher stood up with a chuckle, "You seem mighty giddy about this." he shrugged, "But I don't cook. Not to mention my 'new pokemon' doesn't even have hands.".

"I'l Catch another Pokemon. And Come On! Here i have something That will help you cook!" Jake Walked over to his bag and pulled out a Cook bookand gave it to Asher. "Here! If you Follow the Recipe and you'll be just fine!" Jake walked over to the Kitchen and singaled Asher To come over. "Come on! Cooking is easy! Wait i need to catch Another pokemon! Luckly theirs a woods near here! Lets Go!"

"Are you kidding me!" Asher growled as his excuse was demolished, "Why the heck does he carry a cookbook around with him!" he huffed crossing his arms. "I'm a pokemon trainer, not a chef." he growled, however Asher never was one to give up. "Luckily I am most skillful in every subject, this should be a piece of cake." he bragged with a smirk before poking Shinx, "Get up, we're cooking." he growled. Shinx shook out her coat and stretched before nodding and leaping onto Asher's shoulder. Asher then tossed one of his pokeballs into the air and a ferrothorn came out of it. The Ferrothorn's attitude resembled Asher in many ways, Ferrothorn looked around for an opponent before figuring that they weren't going to battle.

Mik huffed as she watched Jake run off the door before looking over to Asher "Still think that I'm or your Shinx, whoever you were referring to, is giddy?" She chuckled before going after Jake "C'mon and let's keep the squire from falling face on a mud shall we? And cool Ferrothorn! I haven't seen one since my visit in Kalos." Before she could walk out of the room she suddenly remember something "Oh yeah, if your planning to catch another Pokémon you might be in luck to have either a shiny or an egg in your encounter." She said as she give Asher a Shiny Charm and a Oval Charm. "I have to give this to Jake as well." She stated as she grabbed a box filled with the same charms before walking out and following Jake.

Asher sighed, "We've done to much walking today." as he walked out of the room with Shinx on his shoulder. "Ferro..." Ferrothorn muttered lowly in agreement although he didn't have to walk considering he possessed the ability to float. Asher looked behind him to see Ferrothorn following him before he looked down at the charms, why would she help him? They were gonna have to go against each other eventually. He shrugged before walking steadily with his eyes wandering the forest.