• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Plan 9 (Discussion)

@kyuukestu your right about the main mystery- and I'd love for you to help me develop it. The main idea right now would be some sort of either villain or monster, or even natural disaster of a sort who wiped out all of the elementals and is currently roaming the deserted planet. Once said force discovers the children it will likely set it sights to destroying them as well.

There are a few elementless people still surviving from the war, but less than 100 and most don't live together anymore. They are nomads at this point and hardened for survival- nothing like the group coming out from the vault.

Hmmm, well if it's a monster/villain we'd need to play it carefully. One supposedly responsible for wiping out, essentially, life as we know it, would be quite strong compared to our 10-odd kids.

I think a villain could be good, but I'd lean more towards a natural disaster. Though, not exactly natural. Something like— the wide and aggressive usage of elements during the war led to nature being thrown out of whack, triggering large, almost spontaneous disasters and very extreme weather patterns/climate.

That being said, climate could be more a threat in the background. A villain or something would give us a more direct focus.

@Crimson Sun did you have any ideas for a villain?

The world of Elementia development was not meant to ever become what it had. Humans were sent to live on a different planet around the year 3000. Over 400 years later, when normal humans began to transform, it was thought to be a blessing from god.

We could work with this, especially the beginning premise.

The world could've been like a test-colony, and now that it seemed to have failed the other humans are stepping in.

Maybe they want to dissect us to find the origin of the elemental abilities or something?

The other humans could be the main villains.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
@Crimson Sun did you have any ideas for a villain?
@Mystic Zander idea of a elementless merc sounds nice. But maybe more of a cult instead rather than a singular figure that completely wiped out almost all the elementals.

A climate or a natural disaster also sounds good and more effective on taking out all the elementals. However that’s, like @kyuukestu said, is more of a background threat than a focused threat our characters can interact more with.

If we were to do a natural disaster disorder thing, and our goal is to fix it, there is a big possibility that we may have to go into ethereal or godlike territories just to balance the phenomenons back together though.

But all the ideas are good so far

@Mystic Zander idea of a elementless merc sounds nice. But maybe more of a cult instead rather than a singular figure that completely wiped out almost all the elementals

I think this one was, a Zandy said, more of a mini - villain, not really the cause of the problem.

But regarding the cult though, how did you see it working out?

With most of the people deadish, who'd be behind the cult?

Is it alright for us to implement our own ‘mini bosses’?

Because I for one would love to create a powerless merc who has a major issue with all the trouble caused by these elementals.

I assume being in the year 3400+ would provide decent tech for him to scavenge.

He could also hold potential chunks of info involving how this all occurred.
That's sounds awesome! He could be one of the first big problems that the children encountered, after they've settled a bit.

Natural disasters could also be a good background problem, something that just makes it that much more challenging for everyone. A cult-like organization also works. AHHHH! So many ideas!

We'll just see how things play out I guess, plan it page by page. For now, we'll start with everyone coming out- and maybe when the kids are off (either scavenging or just chilling) they encounter the mercenary for the first time and just barely manage to defend themselves against him.

If nobody signs up for the last spot before tomorrow morning, I'll make the thread. I'm sure someone will take a liking and fill the spot eventually.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I think this one was, a Zandy said, more of a mini - villain, not really the cause of the problem.

But regarding the cult though, how did you see it working out?

With most of the people deadish, who'd be behind the cult?
It’s more of a baseless and a cliche option but:

With the remaining elementless folks, they could be potentially the villains. It’s more like a, they want the power for themselves type of situation. This might be deriving from the initial plot for a bit, but it can also work out for a potential plot I guess.

Think about it, if the elementals are trapped within enclosed space for majority of their youthful lives, I can see it working out as an imprisonment of sorts so the children can work on their powers more so for the benefits for that cult.

The elementals can somehow escape and we can begin their conquest there for whatever it is they’re looking for.

Again all baseless ideas that’s full of holes right now.

If not that, we can also try a hierarchy approach. With the few elementless folks left, the cult’s goal for wiping out the elementals could be to get rid of the “unfair advantage” the elementals are born with while they’re stuck elementless. So they wipe out majority of the elementals, and place themselves on top leaving the potential surviving elementals or allies (the village assisting them) to fend for themselves.

Again all baseless ideas made off the top of my head just right now lol

OH SNAP! Too many good ideas all at once, I can't keep up XD. I actually really like your second option, @Crimson Sun . I think we'd be able to go through with that one quite well.

@Mystic Zander , yes but no. We are 'locked' in a fault with non-elementals, but it's for our safety. They never mistreat the children, they adopt them and raise them the best they can. They do so mostly because elemental in general are still mystery, but they are miracles to humans, they knew that if something were to happen to the planet they would want to save the next generation. So they saved one child form each clan and brought them into their own clan, which then went into the vault for 10 years to hide from the war.

I'm not much good at panning ahead. I take things as they come usually. But, @Mystic Zander you've got that much right.

On a separate note- considering all of the characters know each other very well before the RP I think we should flesh out their relationships a bit more. Hears what I've got so far, please change or contribute anything you want (especially if it's for your character):
- The most important thing is that while some children are more isolated than others, the group had never done anything without each other and therefore function much like a pack who hate to seperate.
- Eric and Marik are essentially the leaders of the group. Being polar opposites and both the oldest, they are each others greatest rival and tend to get into arguments about decisions for the group.
- Levia, despite being one of the youngest, is the level-headed one of the group, and the one who tends to keep the group out of trouble for the most part. She's kind and everyone likes her, but they all also know that she can be scary when angered.
- Jackson is like the annoying little brother/ tag along. He looks up to the others (especially Eric and Marik). And while he is sometimes endearing and lovable, he is just as much a pest to the others.
- Royal is the most isolated of the bunch. Everyone just sort of leaves him alone, but they always turn to him as well when they take votes on things or need a tiebreaker of some sort.
- Noah is quiet and shy. He'd be the little brother than everyone feels the need to protect for some reason despite him hardly ever saying anything. I feel like he'd be the one that they use to guilt-trip one another.
- Kyla is the free-body of the group. She doesn't take the same side every time, and sometimes she's on nobodies side. She does her own thing and while the other kids respect her for it, they tend to get annoyed at her incapability as well.

Wow. That was a lot. I just imagined all of that in my head, and now I can't unsee it XD. Any offers for what I can fix?

That so
I'm not much good at panning ahead. I take things as they come usually. But, @Mystic Zander you've got that much right.

On a separate note- considering all of the characters know each other very well before the RP I think we should flesh out their relationships a bit more. Hears what I've got so far, please change or contribute anything you want (especially if it's for your character):
- The most important thing is that while some children are more isolated than others, the group had never done anything without each other and therefore function much like a pack who hate to seperate.
- Eric and Marik are essentially the leaders of the group. Being polar opposites and both the oldest, they are each others greatest rival and tend to get into arguments about decisions for the group.
- Levia, despite being one of the youngest, is the level-headed one of the group, and the one who tends to keep the group out of trouble for the most part. She's kind and everyone likes her, but they all also know that she can be scary when angered.
- Jackson is like the annoying little brother/ tag along. He looks up to the others (especially Eric and Marik). And while he is sometimes endearing and lovable, he is just as much a pest to the others.
- Royal is the most isolated of the bunch. Everyone just sort of leaves him alone, but they always turn to him as well when they take votes on things or need a tiebreaker of some sort.
- Noah is quiet and shy. He'd be the little brother than everyone feels the need to protect for some reason despite him hardly ever saying anything. I feel like he'd be the one that they use to guilt-trip one another.
- Kyla is the free-body of the group. She doesn't take the same side every time, and sometimes she's on nobodies side. She does her own thing and while the other kids respect her for it, they tend to get annoyed at her incapability as well.

Wow. That was a lot. I just imagined all of that in my head, and now I can't unsee it XD. Any offers for what I can fix?
that sounds good ^~^ Sorry I’ve been a fair bit inactive. I had work and then I slept like a log

Is it alright for us to implement our own ‘mini bosses’?
I find that to be a really good idea, your merc villain can work really well as the classic trope of taking out your anger on the innocent simply because they’re the same race of people.
I think a villain could be good, but I'd lean more towards a natural disaster. Though, not exactly natural. Something like— the wide and aggressive usage of elements during the war led to nature being thrown out of whack, triggering large, almost spontaneous disasters and very extreme weather patterns/climate.
When there is an unbalance the world takes it upon itself to fix it.
tbh i thought an alien species wiped out all the elementals
When in doubt, blame aliens.
Though, the close as siblings things makes any romance inherently awkward... or so I feel.
I thought the same when I read that, when everyone is getting sibling zoned, romance would be awkward.
damn, always need to have romance with you huh?
It’s allowed in the rules Neb.

@Sky5372 if you really want it, I dont mind switching elements. I was originally going to wait and just pick the last one- I genuinely dont mind giving you the wind elements so I can take metal. I'm flexible, and truly enjoy RPing as things I don't plan to do. Of course, thats only if you want- In down for whatever. Villain roles, as Zander said, are also up for grabs if that interests you.

Sounds good, I'll edit my bio real quick- and then you can post whenever you are ready :D.
And, for those of you who are unsure what to write for your first post, just write your child's reaction to the outside world. It'll help us understand your character better. Once everyone has made an introduction post, my next post will have the children start exploring. Probably something like a game of tag, which sets them a bit to far from the camp.

Hmmm, could I get a more general description of the environment we're supposed to encounter as we step out of the vault?

Is it just desolate wasteland or overrun forestry, desert..? I want a bit more info. It might also help to know what stories we were told as children, what the world was like before, so that we can better describe the contrast.

Also, what sort of place is the vault? Would be good for contrast
The vault was described fairly generously. Not the specifics of the interior, but we know it was a cramped underground space formed from concrete, holding an entire village. It had a lobby though, and some sort of ladder/steps leading to the exit. Any specifics like the rooms and stuff...I guess up to your own discretion.

I'm putting a pool in Levia's room since I'd written that she swam very frequently.