• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Plan 9 (Discussion)

Alrighty! Let's talk plot!

I'm getting forest vibes off Kyuu's description, maybe we could make that the exploration's eventual destination

This is indeed the way I see it. We should aim to settle in a forest, or some other location with more abundant vegetation and wildlife. That'd be more favourable than the desert. So I'm thinking we need to start thinking about the world around us and what we're actually going to face. It'd be nice if everyone could input an idea for a section of the story, or a mini-villain.

I'm not sure how drastically the world's changed in 10 years, but I'd assume with the disappearance of most of the humans, the wild animals, particularly the apex predators, have free reign over their respective habitats, and they'd be non-too-willing for a bunch of scrawny 2-legged things to be encroaching on their territory.

So my plot contribution is a [Reclamaition Arc]:

An arc in which, as we move into a more fertile territory, we'd need to deal with the already existing rulers of that territory. I'm thinking of detailing or borrowing a few creatures to make up the ecosystem. So I'll get back to you on that at a later date.

Yay plot, but our characters are just interacting with each other and the environment, not all the characters have been introduced yet I believe, so plot can be taken slowly.

Well it would be best to lay down a skeleton plot to use as a rough guideline, so...ya know, we’re not just wandering about aimlessly.

I for one agree with Kyuu on the initial idea. It makes the most sense and would add a nice challenge.

It is gonna take awhile to find fertile land/remnants of civilization, so this is essentially starting out as a desperate survival challenge.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHY ME? I can't go on, yall, cancel the RP- I quit. I typed out at least a solid 2 pages of words, 6 total paragraphs which were saved in the "type a response box". We chilling, the post is chilling, it's all good until i go to type into the discussion thread. Wait a minute... why is their already writing in here? Welp, I may as well just delete it. All deleted, and I'll post what I actually wanted to send. Wait a darn diddly second, this is the RP thread not the discussion thread. Haha, silly me. *10 minutes later* let's check on that post I had saved- ES GONE!

Sorry about that, I'm very upset. I'm never going to be able to reproduce what I had typed- I'm too sad. All you're gonna get is a measly two or three paragraphs while I sulk. Anywho- things will get rolling pretty quickly once Neb gets their post in- we won't have to wait like this anymore.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! WHY ME? I can't go on, yall, cancel the RP- I quit. I typed out at least a solid 2 pages of words, 6 total paragraphs which were saved in the "type a response box". We chilling, the post is chilling, it's all good until i go to type into the discussion thread. Wait a minute... why is their already writing in here? Welp, I may as well just delete it. All deleted, and I'll post what I actually wanted to send. Wait a darn diddly second, this is the RP thread not the discussion thread. Haha, silly me. *10 minutes later* let's check on that post I had saved- ES GONE!

Sorry about that, I'm very upset. I'm never going to be able to reproduce what I had typed- I'm too sad. All you're gonna get is a measly two or three paragraphs while I sulk. Anywho- things will get rolling pretty quickly once Neb gets their post in- we won't have to wait like this anymore.
It's at times like this that I can perfectly envision your reaction while looking at your profile pic.

*sips tea*

My condolences love, a tip from Naruto AU. A number of us use Google Docs or Word to type our posts after a few near rage-quits like this~ ahaha. I myself use Word to pre-write all my posts before copying them over. Such is the pair of an RPers, sadly. But we share in your sorrow.

Ah, the ol' curse of the charms draft. Stuff can discourage you, just try not to reproduce what you made and write it however you normally would. Trust me, none of us actually care how long it is as long as it's has the necessary stuff

I once accidentally deleted a lengthy post I spend a good few minutes writing on mobile. It made me really annoyed.

I'd like to point out that the way I'm writing Levia is that, due to being the youngest, she can't exactly remember anything from before the vault. To her, this is essentially going on a trip for the first time. Her sense of danger, seriousness, or concern for their well-being is a bit overwhelmed by sheer wonderment.

Hence why I have her misinterpret most of Marik's emotions since, as far as she's concerned, Toilet Duty in the vault is just about the most dangerous thing in existence.

I'd like to point out that the way I'm writing Levia is that, due to being the youngest, she can't exactly remember anything from before the vault. To her, this is essentially going on a trip for the first time. Her sense of danger, seriousness, or concern for their well-being is a bit overwhelmed by sheer wonderment.

Hence why I have her misinterpret most of Marik's emotions since, as far as she's concerned, Toilet Duty in the vault is just about the most dangerous thing in existence.
You're doing a good job at it, portrays Levia as the naïve type.

Naive or not, Levia is freaking adorable. Anyways, we kinda are still waiting on Neb to continue. Anyone know where that one ran off to? Should we continue without them?

Edi: according to Neb's status post thing, they are busy with irl stuff. Which is alright, they'll just have to catch up. For now, I'm moving on.

Last edited:
Per tradition, I'll start with an easy opponents. Maybe I can have a beast of some sort go after Jackson and Marik (assuming nobody else followed) and when the others go to help a few more animals show up. At that point it would be (I'm thinking some sort of giant hog) like maybe one animal per two or three children- and they are too far for the adults to even hear or see them.

Everyone good with that?

Per tradition, I'll start with an easy opponents. Maybe I can have a beast of some sort go after Jackson and Marik (assuming nobody else followed) and when the others go to help a few more animals show up. At that point it would be (I'm thinking some sort of giant hog) like maybe one animal per two or three children- and they are too far for the adults to even hear or see them.

Everyone good with that?

If we’re so far away that no one can see us, how would the other kids know that we need help?

Everyone good with that?
No objections.

I don’t really see any fractures.

My assumption was Kyla just talked to Marik like that all the time.
And to be quite honest, Marik just wouldn’t care. Words are words.

Edit: What hostility? He wasn’t aggressive in any way. He’s a bit bored.
If anything, Kyla was just randomly super aggressive for no reason.

As a side note, people keep claiming to clash with Marik, but I just don’t see it. Marik just doesn’t argue. He may throw a comment back, but he really doesn't care about the others opinions. He’s mostly just worried about some of them.

Last edited:
RIP I was thinking about posting with Levia, but Kitten beat me to the post.

I suppose fixing rifts like this is Levia's self-imposed job, so she'll probably try to do something about the way the group is fracturing.

Levia: Really!? Not even Five Minutes!

I might've also been thinking about having Eric go with Marik only for Kitten to beat me too

... I realise now I think I've just done that to you now

Everyone needs to stop assuming that everyone is attacking their characters. Remember that when we post it is from our character's perspective, not ours. Just because Zander's post calls Kyla rude, it doesn't eman that she is, it means that Marik thinks she is. Which is fine, it happens all the time in real life. So do miscommunications and random outburst- don't get made at each other because of such minuscule thigns. If something happens that you don't like, just roll with it- it's just the character, a stupid little kid, making a bad judgement. All of this tensiona dn conflict makes the RP more realistic, keep in mind that it's just an RP- don't take anything personally.

As for the baddies. We'll have Erik notice Jackson and Marik as they begin to wander (at that point they are a good distance away). So It's Marik and Jackson in the lead, with the others like 20-50 feet away from them. My next post will have the hogs (which anyone can auto, feel free to take one hog for each child as well if that's more fun). It'll give us a chance to exercise each child's individual ability and monitor their current skill, when the return all beat up or whatever (that's when the Rp will really start rolling).

If you though that was aggressive then you clearly took it too seriously.

I took it how it was written. Apologies if I misinterpreted the weight of the rude remarks, but you made no effort whatsoever to clarify it was intended a joke. I can only react to things I know about.

Maybe next time clarify when sarcasm is implied, as it doesn’t translate well through role play texts.

@Barefoot_Kittens I was under the impression we were all essentially novices with our elements. How are we intended to drop a group of...beast...hog....things? Lol

They are hogs. I'll nerf them if you want, to make them regular hogs. They're if it's two against one, and the kids have powers- I think it's a fairly even fight. It won't take a lot of fire to scare away a hog- unfortunately the plant element is the least offensive in this situation so Marik might just be fighting with his bare hands. We can change it to one hog for the whole group- would anyone prefer that?