• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

Kitty! >_< Sorry. The Cait Sith is very cute, Pika. I also like the bright orange hair on the reqest you did. It's so... orange. ^^

Ok, Ehren, I s'pose I'll do them later, then.
And Jeydis, you are the ONLY one with permission to use this sprite, just for the userbar.

[glow=green,2,300]Kay, peoplez, make sure that you read the first post for more rules/info about the KH/FF/other sprites, because I'm too lazy to post them here. It is posted in green, so I beg you read them.[/glow]

Thank you so much, doggy, it makes me happy to get compliments for my work..:3.
And I know that the hair is super bright, but Jack didn't complain about it, so yeah, I didn't change it.

EDIT: Okie dokie, I finished diamondphantom's request, I'm okay if everyone uses this walkie, but you should ask diamond first.
edward.png

There you go! Hope it turned out how you wanted.
And Ehren, I'm still working on the couple's pose for you, but I think I have an idea.​

Awww

Its a Kitty :3

I think its very cute (resisting urge to use sub english for japanese...[size=5pt]damn fangirls[/size])
I also like the walkies of Ed Elric, being the FMA fan I am.

Aalso, the Leon sprite is the win. I nau has a request four yoo. Can you make me a DiZ sprite? Just google him if you don't know what I mean.

On another note, do you have any ideas for what I could use as a water starter? I'm stuck for Ideas so any suggestions would be appreciated.

~Slink​

Oh! I have to comment on Ed! He looks really good, Pika. But do you want me to animate him? This brings back memories of an anime covention where I gloped him... XD

doggy-ears, you can animate him if you want, although diamondphantom is capable of doing it herself. But, since you can make things transparent, it'd be really cool to see the walkie animated transparent!
Hehe, glad you like it, Slink, it sure has been a while since you've been on. I lol'd at that comment you made, but it's so true. Sure, I'll make a DiZ sprite, it seems that I sorta remember who he is, just don't. (I got, like, half way through the first game, and I finished the second game, lol.)
As for water starters, I won't give you what mine's is in my fan region, but I'll tell you that I always liked the idea of a water mammal, if that helps out.

Well, I don't know when I'll ge around to the FF requests (since those are all just for fun,) but I'll try to get the KH sprites down sometime soon. Laterz homies!
EDIT: I totally forgot to ask you guys, my poor Dinomon died...and I'm totally depressed...so, I think I'm gonna get a new one, but I need your help to get it up to level 50 in a week, or else it will die again. I know it's off topic, but I really want a Dinomon!​

Thanks so much for the Sprite, I feel as if I ask to much of you, and I'm bothering you, but I feel something is kinda weird with the hair. Can you use the battle tower tycoon from Diamond a pearl for the hair? Thanks! ;D

Aww, that sorta disappoints me, I rather liked the hair. Oh well, if you don't like it, a new sprite is coming right up!
Jack3.png

There you go, hope it looks better now.
EDIT: Okie dokes, I finished Elite four Ehren's request, here is them with just a dusk and dive ball:
diveanddusk.png

Them a little bit closer:
diveandduskcloser.png

And them in a sorta, couples, position. it isn't much, but I was just thinkin about the different pair couples, and then the dancers came to mind (but it was way hard,) so I did the ace trainers instead.
kyleehren.png

Hope that y'all are happy with your requests! If anything needs to be editted, just let me know.
EDIT, again: Ok, I just decided that [glow=purple,2,300]doggy-ears[/glow], is now on the Regular's list, just because of their total nice-ness and support. Congrats, doggy!​

Thank you very much, Pika~! At some point, I'd like to request a version of Ehren wearing something like Cynthia's outfit, if only a little more boyish. But please, do wait until you are alittle less bogged down. It is partially my fault you have sop many requests, but your sprites are great. And now I am going to start bugging Jeydis for Userbars and Custom Trainer Cards~! Wooo!

P.S.-I think that couple pose is fine. XD At some point I'll add them into a Battle Screen with title, so it'll look like it was in the game. If that's okay....?

Or even if it is, I might forget and not do it.

Ok, I just decided that [glow=purple,2,300]doggy-ears[/glow], is now on the Regular's list, just because of their total nice-ness and support. Congrats, doggy!

*bows to Pika-san* I am honored. XD I'll help with your Dinomon.

And here's Ed animated and transparent:
ed-animated.gif

Though he might be walking a bit fast... You totally did a good job on him. (I know I've said that already, but....)

Hmm, been a while since I've commented in a sprite thread. Must be the Clinic Work....I'll have to fix that later. Anywho, you're getting progressively better Pika. I'm really seeing your full potential now. Very Nice. I must really check this topic more often.

The Scratched hair on that Jack sprite looks nice. Very good scratch job.

The Cait Sith sprite looks very nice, but his/her eyes are just a little too hard to make them out sometimes. Most of the time I can see them, but how would it look if the eyes were a little more easy to see? Otherwise, very nice.

Keep it up. I'll have to place a mental note to keep checking this topic. I'm impressed.

Yay, I'm glad that all of you like your requests, and Ehren, I'll add you to my requests list, just don't know when I'll get to you.
doggy-ears, that looks great! we could just say he's power walking, lol, but I think he looks fine.
Wow, Plapti is impressed with Pika's work? I am quite happy about that! Btw, that quote in your sig...that is just so rude! You can tell Dr. Oak I said that, :D (I am American, and that does hurt, but sometimes I am rather embarrassed of Americans myself).
Anywho, I haven't been in a spriting mood lately, plus I have a mountain of schoolwork since I've been sick. Might get around to the requests if I have the time, might not, but you'll just have to wait and see. I'm not too sure who I was supposed to do next, was it Gau? I love Gau, but I think I might fail to portray him in his sprite form. I'll try my hardest, though.
Just a reminder, read the first page on [glow=green,2,300]Final Fantasy rules[/glow], they are important to me.​

It's a joke Pika. Half of Oak's staff is American. Otherwise, he means no harm. He said it in the Chatroom, and almost everything we mention is a joke. So no worries.

I'll keep watching your works, whether they're on 'Charms or XS, I'm watching your work. Keep it up.

Hey! ^_^ Jey reccomended you for a sprite I requested on her thread, so you must be awesome (and you are, looking at your handiwork).

Could you make a D/P mugshot from a written description or a picture?

Sure you can, shocktail, you're just going to have to give me the description first. :)
Thanks for the comments guys, no update because I am SWAMPED up to the neck in homework, with 2 big projects coming up. Sorry for the inconvenience!​

Okay, here goes ^^

A female trainer wearing a common aquatic blue t-shirt and dark jeans. She also wears a dark cloak with vivid colours dashing the hem of the sleeves and the bottom of the cloak too. The cloak reaches down nearly to the ground, hovering above her shoes which are trainer/boots (think Doc. Martins). She has dirty blonde, short boyish hair and wears a plain black witches hat. Her eyes are green and her skin tone is white.

Thanks in advance!

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Sorry about the delayed input, Pikachu, real life caught up with me and bit me up the arse.

Anyway, your Leon sprite, for starters. It's very good! The one with the gunblade is much better, as the one without makes his arm look unnatural, like it's twisted in a funny way, and the hand looks too small. The one with the gunblade, however, has a perfect arm! :D His other arm seems to just fade away into nothing, I'm guessing he's supposed to be hiding it behind his torso? The pose looks a bit forced, but otherwise, it's excellent :D

Your Cait Sith is amazing! It looks exactly like him, the pose is perfect for his character! And it's a scratch sprite! It's absolutely fantastic :D

If you have the time, could I put in two more requests?

Thanks, Yoshimitsu, I think I'll fix Leon later because I want him to be perfect.
Yoshimitsu, I will always accept your requests with the support and advice you've given me, I'll make sure to get them done.

Shocktail, did you want just a mug or a sprite as well?​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The issue with Leon's pose is that his body seems kind of... twisted? The torso doesn't flow properly to the legs. It's not a major issue, it just makes his pose seem kind of unnatural.

Anyway, as for my request... Over on some other forums, I have these characters (Vincent, Tec and Yoshimitsu. Don't worry, i'm not asking for all three xD) and I'm simple love to see you sprite Vincent and Yoshi.

Let's see... Yoshi, when he's looking his best... He has medium-blue hair, spiky at the back. His fringe (bangs? I dunno xD) are swept over one eye. He wears a plain white, quite tight t-shirt. He also wears navy jeans, slightly baggy, and black trainers. If you can, he also has a sword, either hanging from his waist or in his hand. He generally has a happy expression on his face, jokey and playfull.

Vincent had medium-length, messy black hair that falls to his eyes (doesn't cover them though). He wears a black t-shirt that hugs his torso, showing off his toned physique. He generally wears a medium-to-dark grey jacket, but that's optional. He also wears combat pants, dark grey, with a fair few pockets, and combat boots. He has a sword too, but it's wider and longer than Yoshi's. He usually has a neutral expression on his face, and frowns a fair bit.

If you can sprite these, I will bow down and praise your feet :)

I'll try my hardest, Yoshimitsu. I can make all three if you'd like, I'd be cool with it.
Actually, I was wondering if you had any pose ideas in mind. I am having a major sprite-block (like art-block) right now, pose wise. I'd be way cool if you could suggest some stuff for your characters.
THanks.​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Hmm...
For Vincent, he'd be very closed up, like maybe with his arms folded, or he'd be flaunting his weapon.
For Yoshi, he'd probably just be stood casually, holding his weapon loosely at his side.
Does that help at all?

Thanks, Yoshimitsu, I think I'll fix Leon later because I want him to be perfect.
Yoshimitsu, I will always accept your requests with the support and advice you've given me, I'll make sure to get them done.

Shocktail, did you want just a mug or a sprite as well?​

Urm, both please ^^''

Alright, Shocktail, but do you mind if I leave the hat out? Hat's aren't my thing, and I can never get them right.

Yes, that helps out a whole bunch, Yoshimitsu, really appreciate your input.

well, seeing as I never had much time to sprite lately, I still have a bunch of requests from a while ago, but here is Marluxia, originally at Ehren's request. Please ask me and Ehren before you use this sprite.
marluxia.png

What do you think? I think the hair is a lot like Leon's, lol, but yeah.

Here is something I did while I was bored. I saw mini ID's in another sprite thread here (T-awh-mi's, I believe), and there was a link to dolls. I don't like working with them (since they start out with no clothes, and there are many younger children in this house who come by the computer often, lol) but when you get it recolored, it looks kind of cool. I got them from here:
http://koalas-march.livejournal.com/4079.html
http://www.yumestudio.it/angychan/
But, I haven't finished the ID yet, so here is the top half of my picture:
uadoll2.png

The hair and the pokeball was scratched, and the base I believe was in the LILY section.
EDIT: I meant to show these to you a while back, but here are some mug's, thanks to doggy-ears to turning them on to me.
profile8a.png
oc2.png

The hair was scrathed in both of those.​

Wow Pika, you've been working hard! can I request a Dragonair cosplayer using the sprite of me in my avatar? thanks!

P.S. It's not the one you made, even though you did a great job on it.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Hey Pikachu, I dunno if it's just me but the first link is broken. That is, it says you've deleted the file.

OK, it should be fixed now. :)
UUUmmm, ok, I'm sorry, PokemaniacJack, but if you read the first post, I don't do cosplayers and my request list is currently closed. Sorry.
Still working on the other requests, I have a ton of honmework, so, we'll see how it plays out.​

I have a lil gift for you pika, I wasnt too sure where to post this but here should get your attention one day. Im sorry I used your sprites without permission for this but I couldnt really ask you it would ruin the surprise :-[

So none of the spriting in this is made by me folks!

pikagift.png

I can change anything you wouldnt happen to like, I went on a whim by the userbar requests you asked me to do some time ago.

OK, it should be fixed now. :)
UUUmmm, ok, I'm sorry, PokemaniacJack, but if you read the first post, I don't do cosplayers and my request list is currently closed. Sorry.
Still working on the other requests, I have a ton of honmework, so, we'll see how it plays out.​

Whoops. Must have forgoten for second. Sorry!!

OMG Jey...
I am stunned...
I love it, that you soooo much! I wanna stay on topic, so I'll pm you with more praise...xD

OK, another request completed. Sorry, Slink, DiZ is taking longer than I expected, so I think I'll save him for last. I'm sorry!
shocktailmug.png

shocktailsprite.png

Does that look right, Shocktail? Sorry it took so long, I know you wanted a fabulous trainer card from Jey.

Yoshimitsu, yours are next, I wonder how long those will take...​

No, I haven't tried it, but I will if you wish.
And Yoshimitsu, I finished your requests. I don't think I made them very well, though. They didn't really turn out the way I wished, so if you want me to change anything, let me know, or you can change it yourself if you want. I give you permission.
yoshi.png
vincent.png

I tried toning them with shading, although I think its too much on Yoshi and too little on Vincent.
Let me know what you think of them.​

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
The poses are perfect! They really capture the characters! I do have a couple of gripes though.

The first is Yoshi's hair. The colour is perfect, but the back isn't nearly spiky enough. It defies gravity at the back (hooray for hair cement!)

Second, Vincent's pants. They're combat pants (you know what they are? Or do they have another name across the pond? i dunno xD), so they're a fair bit baggier than that, and they have pockets just below the knees on the side of the legs.

Other than those two things, I love them! :D

Okay, I baggied them up a bit, there were pockets before, I just didn't make them dark enough.
vincent2a.png

And you said Yoshi had gravity defying hair, is this too gravity defying? LOL, I thought it might be, so I'm asking you first.
yoshi2a.png

I'll clean it up more if that is how you want it.​

Oh, that's how you wanted it? Okay, I'm glad I could do that for you and I'm glad you like it.
OK, DiZ looks like a complicated fellow, but I'll give him a shot.
Here he is, just did him today:
DiZ.png

Hope you like it, Slink. If you would like to use this sprite, please ask me and Slink for permissions first.​