• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Outcasts

Ashley watched the emo-looking guy walk off. She sighed and decided to put just a little distance between her and the others so she could test her powers. Ever since the 'Incident', she had stayed away from the topic, but now she knew that these may be the only things separating her from death by a cougar or something. Ashley started to concentrate. Wind started to kick up dust around her. Startled, Ashley stopped. Instantly, the wind returned to the way it had been before she had used her power. She decided to try the fire part. Her hands began to give off sparks, then her fingertips caught fire. Surprisingly, Ashley didn't feel pain from it. She extinguished the flames, then sat down on a rock and stared at her hands. I did that?!

Luckily for Zedek the river wasn't that far away. After a few moments of stumbling through the evergreens he came upon what was a decently sized river. He could feel the deposits of iron and copper, and he was thankful, for the iron and copper were pretty close to being pure as far as minerals go, so both were usable. The deposits were also rather plentiful, so he should be able to set up a decent base of operations.

He reached out to the iron deposit, tendrils of liquid iron slowly seeped out of the ground. He aimed them towards the river, first creating a 10 by 10 structure with a vented foundation, then created a bridge connecting the structure from the side that was facing upstream to both sides of the river. Finally, he attached two water wheels of iron on each side, to allow him to generate electricity eventually.

Using the copper, he created a wire system for the water wheels. He took a bit of the remaining iron and created an axe with a copper handle, made a door and a fire place into the 10 x 10 structure.

In order to build more, he needed to get aluminum and more iron to build a furnace to make glass for light bulbs, and aluminum would make a good bed. He could sense two deposits towards the east, away from the drop-off point. He exited the structure, turned the door into a wall, and crossed his bridge towards the east side of the river.

Dasken saw Ashley use her powers, so he decided to use his. He had na onn excitement. "Stand back. It's my turn, now," he said, "and trust me; you do NOT wanna get caught in it."
Dasken concentrated on his surroundings, his mind, his thoughts. He then focused on his energy. Drawing from it, he summoned forth an explosion that outdid a military-grade hand grenade, creating a large crater in the earth. The ringing in his ears reminded him, perhaps too late, that he should have muted it. He decided to try further and, focusing on the hole in the freshly torn-up earth, went on to create a string of explosions (muted this time) that burrowed a twenty-foot hole in the ground.
"Yep," he said with a grin, "I have mine."

Ashley looked at the crater and hole in awe. "Wow," She breathed. All she could do so far was generate a little bit of wind and turn her fingers into candles. "I wish mine were that cool."

Regulus walked up to Dasken "now that's some powerful explosion right there" he said examining the crater "but why do you guys think they took our restrainer bands off" regulus asked confused

Ashley thought. "Well, they just want us out of society, not dead, right? And I don't think many of us know a whole lot about surviving in the mountains. Then again, maybe it was them just being pure idiots. I mean, they did drop us here just because we have powers."

Regulus thought for a minuet "humans don't want us out because we just have powers there afraid of what we could do with these powers" regulus said confidently "but enough about that first we need shelter we can't last a minuet out here without that"

Dasken nodded. "That took me around a year to master." He turned to a large slope in the side of a mountain. "I have an idea."
He focused as he gestured to the mountain slope. Suddenly, a rong of explosions rang out into the distance, drilling through the mountain at high speeds. Dasken gave it exactly 60 seconds, then tied the explosions together into a larger one. It blasted the large boulder that had been created out so that it slid down the slope, away from them. The hole that remained was, in fact, a cave that Dask had created. He was pouring sweat at this point, but he had managed to make a perfect semicircle into the mountain, roughly eigt feet from top to bottom. "There's... there's a larger... center.... in there for... for us to.... stay in..." he wheezed. He clutched his lower back and flung his torso behind him, moaning.

"Alright." Joshua said agreeing with Regulus. " I'm going to go look for some drinkable water and any food out here." He then looked at the crater seeing what Dasken made. " Nice job Explosive." He said. " We should be good on fire we just need the wood for it." He then started to walk then stopped. " Hey Regulus. can you fly around and see what is in a mile radius around here." And with that he walked away.

Darcel sat up slowly, "W-who a-are you g-guys?" he whispered slowly regaining consciousness. "Wait,I spoke?" he thought to himself as he stared at his burned wrists. Suddenly, he gazed off into the distance noticing the giant hole in the side of the mountain.

Ashley picked up Dask. "What...?" She wondered aloud, then realized that blowing stuff up must cost a lot of energy. She looked over at the boy that had just awoken. "We're Outcasts too. Dask here just made a shelter over there," She pointed in the direction the explosions had occurred in. "Wanna come with?"

His faced turned red with embarrassment, he usually didn't speak to people, let alone anyone would reply to him. "S-sure" he whispered as he started slowly getting up. As he stood, he began to feel a cold aura from the people around him. "Blood.." he thought to himself.

Regulus walked over to Darcel and put out his hand "nice to meet you I'm Regulus" he said with a smile "and what might your name be?" He asked politely

"Okay, let's get going..." Ashley began to trek towards the blast site with her load. People are heavy, She thought. Then she realized something. Setting Dask down, she pulled out her Swiss Army Knife. There was a relatively large boulder nearby. Ashley started carving on it. She wrote Mountain Shelter and put an arrow pointing in the direction that it was or would be located, and Point of Origin and an arrow in the direction of the area that they had been dropped them off at.

Darcel's eyes widened as he stared at Regulus's hand. He shakily gripped onto Regulus, feeling the blood run through his fingertips. "I-I'm D-Darcel." he whispered.

Regulus smiled "ok then Darcel what are you waiting for let's get to the shelter" regulus said turning and running in the direction of the cave until he tripped over Dask and landed face first in the ground "Ashley I thought you were carrying him not making pictures on rocks" regulus said getting up and laughing it off "but seriously what are you doing there?" Regulus asked walking up to Ashley

Dask groaned, waking up to a foot plowing into his side. "Goddamn," he said, shaking off his wooziness a bit. He rolled over, trying to get up. "I feel like a damn turtle."

He gazed down at the stranger that had rolled onto the floor. Darcel felt a new warm feeling in his face, he finally smiled for the first time in a while." He- Hello s-sir." he stuttered.

Joshua walked up to river stream. He looked at the crystal clear water. He wondered if it was safe for them to drink last thing he wanted was for any of them to get dysentery on his watch.
'Why should it matter.' He thought. ' I'm not their leader and last thing I want is to be in charge of a group of outcasts.' but he had to do something. He cuffed his hands together and took three big gulps of water. " If I die then it's obvious the water isn't drinkable." He said," but if I live then I'll tell them about it" He thought as he made his way past the river. ." Something caught his attention though. He looked and the River and saw fish swimming. He didn't really like fish but it was something. They were a good source of protein after all. He kept walking until he saw a vine coming out of the ground. It had what looked like red berries on it's vines. He picked one off and ate it. once again he wasn't going to tell them about this until he knew for sure that it wasn't poisonous. He started to walk back as he wondered if any of them took his advice and found any firewood. Ashley might be able to create fires but they will need something to keep the flame going at night. He also wondered if Batboy took his advice flew around so they have general idea about where they are at.
After the walk back he saw the group next to the crater. " Hey guys I'm back." he said. 'Though I wonder if they even care.' He thought.

Joshua looked at Darcel and gave the boy a nice genuinely warm smile. " Hello there Darcel I'm Joshua." He then turned his attention to Batboy. " I found a few things but I'm currently doing an experiment. When everyone's together I'll tell you about it." He said. " I don't suppose you took my advice and flew around Regulus." He said.

Darcel glanced around the area trying to become comfortable with everyone's different blood temperatures, until he suddenly fell to the floor as blood began dripping from his nose.

Joshua saw the Darcel fall to the floor. " Hey." He said as he rushed to the kid. " hey stay with me kid everything will be alright. Joshua put hand over the boy's nose. His hand started to glow then stopped. Joshua moved back words a little bit before falling down himself.

Darcel began to shakily move his hand upwards, his body puppeting his hand launching himself upwards."T-to war-" he whispered before his hand fell, dropping him to the floor.

"nope i was busy meeting everyone, sorry ill do it now" Regulus was about to fly off when he saw Darcel fall to the ground Regulus ran over to Darcel "what happened" Regulus asked kneeling down next to Darcel "come on guys over here somethings wrong!" Regulus called for the others

Zedek felt a few deposits of metal being surfaced near the drop off zone at an alarming rate, he chalked it off as stupidity from one of the other "castaways" or whatever they called themselves. Zedek would rather call himself the undesired.

After a few more moments he found the two reserves of iron and aluminum that he had set out for, he formed them into large bars and then had them float in front of him as he walked back.

Once he arrived at his base camp he constructed another 10 by 10 by 7 yard building from pure iron on the east side of the river. In it a furnace made of an iron and aluminum alloy that was specially made to convert sand into glass, he just needed some sand and wood, both which were easily within reach. Using a bit more of the pure iron and aluminum, he constructed a iron bed frame and an aluminum mattress with a pillow.

This whole set up was relatively easy for him to make as he had made entire self-functioning houses before, although it will take a while until he could get solar or wind power.

After constructing a second furnace room for purifying water and cooking food, he used the remaining metal to set up nets that would remain in the water in order to catch fish to eat. He then took his iron and copper axe, and with his mind directed it to cut down a few of the neighboring trees into logs. He then dragged the logs into the two furnace rooms, putting the logs that didn't fit into the two rooms inside what would be his bedroom fireplace.

After a few moments the sand had formed into the exterior of a lightbulb and the water had purified in his metal canteen. He attached the two iron water wheels to the copper wiring and rearranged the wires to connect to his make shift lightbulb on the ceiling. To his luck, the lightbulb stayed on.

As it was still light out he decided to take his axe, knife, and his canteen and take some of the resources from the recently uncovered deposits of metal which he could not identify from the "castaways" that would probably misuse it.

Joshua rubbed his head a little bit. " Remind me to never try and heal you from that again." He said as he started to get up. "What was that anyway?" he asked. He kept eye contact with Darcel.

"Well.. I have blood magic and uuhhh.. Something wasn't right. I feel something that's blood is scorchingly hot. I'm not sure why, but it makes me sick.." he whispered trying to lift himself from the ground, repeatedly falling down again

Akrohn decided to hone his earthbending powers, or at least that was what he called them. He mustered his strength, and with one powerful step, caused a huge fissure that created cracks in the ground. Akrohn exhaled with satisfaction. He still hadn't lost it.

" Hey come on." Joshua said as he picked up Darcel. " Let's get you out of the open." he said as he started to walk towards the Crater.

"Ok Joshua take care of Darcel while i go fly around the area" Regulus said while stretching out his wings "ill come right back if i see any thing suspicious Ok" Regulus said before flying off into the distance

Ashley watched Regulus fly away. She looked around. The only vegetation was way off in the distance. "Hang on," She said to the others, "I think I know how to stop his nose bleeding." Ashley stepped away, then took a breath in and began running in the direction of a semidense forest. She jumped, and then she was flying. I did it, Ashley thought, I really did it! She flew to the plants and grabbed the leaves off of a nearby birch tree. These could act somewhat as tissues to stop the flow of blood. That way, the stuff wasn't everywhere. She hoped the others were doing well with him, and began to fly back. Ashley was still astounded that she had been able to fly.

Joshua smiled at the boy. " Don't mention it Darcel." Joshua said. " We've all been shunned by normal people. The least we can do is look out for each other." He kept walking towards the crater.

Darcel wiped the blood that continuesly dripped out his nose. "I never asked, but what are your powers? I-I want to get to get to know everyone a little bit better." He said as he studied the blood on his finger

" I have two actually." Joshua said. He stopped walking. he notices a random stick in their way. He breathed a little bit as he concentrated on the stick. in a few seconds the stick levitated of the ground. " As you can see I have telekinesis. Though it's a lot strong when my hands are free to move around. " My second ability is that I'm able to heal people. Which I tried to do on you earlier which ended up backfiring on me." he continued to walk. "So..." He was thinking of a nickname for Darcel. "Darcel." he said. He'll figure out a nickname later " When did you discover your ability?"