• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Origin of your screen name(s)?

My original username here was Chainsawking. I seriously have no idea where that came from. I was on this DBZ RP forum when I just thought it'd sound nice, so I went with it. I used it for quite a while, until I figured it was a bit too violent, so i left it.

During this time my friend had started to call me Weeds. This came from the fact that my last name means grass in Finnish. Grass is weed, so it became Weeds. Don't know why it's in plural though, just think it sounds cooler that way. I've been thinking about changing it recently, but i'm not too sure. I'll still be Weeds in chat though :3

Evening all~
I have loads of usernames actually, but I'll use the example of PokeCharms in this case, aight?~
My screen name, kasumi_slater, I use especially and only for PokeCharms, as it's the name of my Pokemon Pearl/Platinum OC, Kasumi Slater (ironic, isn't it?).
But my username, mewmewduckzie, originated a long time ago, when I first got Gaia. I was heavily into the Mew Mew Power/Tokyo Mew Mew fandom at the time, and wanted to name my own mew mew (please don't ask why), 'Duck'.
So the username, became mewmewduckzie.
Though now, I must say I'm more fond of the names, Amzaar, ~charikukosa and Fausaagen, a rip of the German word for fail (:

I first used this username on YouTube.
I don't have idea why I thought it would sound cool if you put
one of the German articles: Das, and then Gust. (Gust is related to my previous username and a move from Pokémon games.)
I remember trying many usernames that have Gust in them on YouTube and finally,
when the name Dasgust was free, I was like: Whatever.
I could have written it DasGust so it wouldn't instantly remind of disgust.

It's still an important username to me and I want to use it on pages related to Pokémon.
Also, there's always a story to tell when somebody asks the reason of my stupid but epic username.

A

Anonymous

If you didn't know Miyuki is a character from lucky star (oh noes not another japanese anime!) she is cute and nerdy just like me!

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
there are a coupe of origins behind Psy teen,
first, Ive always thought that I have had a small amount of a power in my family, I always have deja vu visions of the future, my brother saw the ghost of my great granda as a child, and other members of my family ave had ghosts interact with them.
Secondly, I wrote a comic/ story based on my original super heroine Psy teen. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not THAT hard to figure out, right? *sigh* Blazi came from my favourite pokemon, Blaziken! Kid comes from the fact I'm a kid. (As people from chat will well know...) However:
[quote = Indie] and blazi changed to Pokabu. [/quote] In some cases I'm referred to as Blazi, which I might actually change to once my Halloween Majora's Mask masquerade is over.

Also My current username's Majora's Mask after the psycho living mask, and one of my favourite Zelda games.

Resurrecting - got permission from Sem.
The origin of my screen name is a bit weird. I used to be a member of a local football club and the people there nicknamed me 'Toastie' because it sounded like my real name, Toby. I told my friends about it and they started calling me Toastie, and it sort of spread from there. Sometimes I use Sir Toastie, but usually it's just plain old Toastie :p

B

burp23

The story behind my name is all kinds of bland after reading there many different histories... O.o

Back on '04, I started playing RuneScape... Burp23 was the username of my first character.
I have since used it on everything :p
(Add me on Gaia, if you have one XD)

My username was derived from the spelling of my name in Japanese. :) It was originally 'Enzeru', then I just changed a few letters.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
My username, which basically just consists of my first, middle, and last initials of my full name respectively, came to be after I first started playing the Wii shooter The Conduit. The default name in that game was Mr.Ford, and if memory serves me, I wanted to substitute Ford with my last name, but unfortunately, Alamshah was too long a word, so I had to improvise, and the first thing that came to mind was RMA. Since then, it's been my go-to username for most occasions.

My current username The iFlare is based upon the amazing sprite the fabulous Tun made for me of an iFlareon... My original username, EpicFlareonWin, came from my obsession with the pokemon, Flareon, and the fact that this is a pokemon-based forum... :p

Valin is the name of the main character's arch rival in a story I'd been writing. I simply chose that out of the many character's names I could have chosen.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I thought I'd replied to this topic ages ago. Must've been a different version of it.

Linkachu spawned during one of many random conversations between me and Stel. He was in a drawing mood, I gave him some ideas of what to draw (Raichu + Link's clothing/the Master Sword, these are a few of my favourite things~), and Linkachu was born.

Originally it was simply an avatar I used on a friend's forum. Then it became an alternate form I used in RPs and stories and stuff. Then it became a character of its own. When I joined the forum community Pokeschool, I decided to use the slightly more original name of Linkachu instead of my usual nickname, Raichu. I ended up getting pretty comfortable with it, so eventually I changed my Pokecharms screen name to Linkachu as well.

Don't think I've ever used Raichu as a nickname since then, but I've been used Linkachu on hordes of websites now. That's probably unlikely to change anytime soon. :)

My username actually came to me thanks to Pokemon!

A couple years ago, I was just RPing with my friends and my brother when I noticed they had alternate RPing names and I was just using my real name (the most you'll know is 'Alex'). So I thought. And then I just pulled a random name that sounded cool, the Japanese name for Ash Ketchum. It was only later that I realized it was Satoshi, not Setoshi. As for 'Arenhari' and 'Kai'... well, I'm not too sure where I got them... I think I just pulled Arenhari out of thin air while I took Kai from one of the characters in Mobile Suit Gundam...

So, there you have it! The Origin of my screen name!

I had always like dragons and I had used the name "flare" for when i played Halo. So when i was trying to play a mmo game I made the Username Dragon flare....but it was already taken so I made it dragoon. Then the "JR" part came on later as abbreviations for two of my other usernames

TheNitro came from my old screenname NitroAssassin, which came from a spur of the moment decision to change my screenname. I then became TurboCheckm8, and finally went back to NitroAssassin, which I still use on some sites. I mainly use TheNitro, Nitro, or assorted variants on my main sites.

Oh dear let's see...uhh well I suppose I should put a list of all the histories of all my screen names <( ' 3')> Here we go in chronological order...
Cronosaki: I wanted to make a cool sounding Japanese-esque name to look cool and all ninja like and stuff so I first put in my favorite dimension: time, in Greek. (chronos-Crono) Then, the first think I thought of for Japanese names was "saki." Like Ichigo Kurosaki. So yeah I put the two together and voila I got Cronosaki.
Phoenix: This is my only screen name that I got from Pokemon surprisingly, and well Star Wars as well. It was sort of a joint effort actually. I was registering for the website swtor.com which is for this new Star Wars MMO called The Old Republic, and I wanted to make a cool jedi master name. So I put Master in front obviously, then I just wanted to put in a mythical creature for the second part. Unicorn was a no...Dragon was a no... Then I just thought of Ho-Oh's weird circular shaped tail (ADD lmao) and I remembered that he was sort of a phoenix, like Moltres. And then I realized how bad ass phoenixes are with their whole "rebirth from the ashes" thing so I became Master Phoenix.
Heikou: I used this the longest. It is an actual Japanese word; it means "destination." I just used it 'cause it sounds cool and Japanese words are the shiz.
Bacon Prince: I made this name for the lulz, not gonna lie. I was on the forums for a game that came out recently called Brink, and I needed a good name to call myself. So I just put in bacon 'cause bacon is good and prince 'cause princes are...princely or something. That's all there is to that name.
Black Heart: My fifth and current screen name, Black Heart. I got it from the Marvel super villain: Black Heart. Who is supposed to be like the son of Satan or something but he was the antagonist in the Ghost Rider movie with Nicholas Cage. Annnd people at school think I'm emo just because I don't talk to anybody and I'm like a geekish sort of dude who got bullied in middle school and all that jazz. The truth is I really don't give two craps about the populous of my school. Also, Black Heart makes me sound like an evil bastard and being evil is fun >:D
So yeah the second post I've ever made on this forums and it's super long, but those are my screen names 8)

Always been a mythology nerd.
Used to be a big Sonic nerd - thd Chaos Angel levels had great music. That idea was neat. ChaosAngel.
So..
God of darkness in Roman mythology?
Erebus.
Sometimes seen as a synonym for Tartarus (the Roman idea of hell).

I also know Latin ;P
"Sum Erebus, deus tenebrae."
I am Erebus, god of darkness

Yeah. :3

Ah my screen name...well, I find foxes adorable and since my hairs red and a fox is stereotypically red, I was going to put Vixen but later decided on Foxy for I found it more cute and it appeals to me more. So yes...kind of random but thats my names origin.

It started when me and my friend tom made a club. the name was the oshawotter or the oshawott club. oshawott club won but I made oshawotter my user name. Then I realised dewotter sounds better.

Simply, it's my usual in-game name in the Pokémon games. Origin? Well I just came up with it around the time when LG/FR came out. Earlier I had used my grandfathers name Allan (and I still do, in minor adventures). I am also known as PrintScrp in some places, like DeviantArt.

My Username was a weird invention I had a few years back I use it on almost everything so if you see my user name on any other place its most probably its me. Its backstory is simple I really love anything related to life (especially Biology that's why I want to be a biologist in the future) and im fascinated about stuff like aura, myths, etc. so that's why my user name is Bio+aura, plus it sounds cool XD.

Last edited:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
My favourite bird is the lovely Magpie so it's the name I go by. And when I say 'Magpie' I mean the Eurasian/European/Common Magpie.

magpieUK_1520223c.jpg

I've always had a fascination with the Corvid family and while I adore them all, Magpies just come out on top. They're sadly very misunderstood birds, especially here in the UK where they're considered unlucky, but I've always found them to be the opposite. Plus I share their love of shiny things~

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
My username was created a while ago for my Youtube account, based off my love for Sableye. While it may sound like one of those generic names for a random fanboy on the internet, I really couldn't think of a better name, and I couldn't think of one to express my love for my all-time favorite, Torchic. But whatever, I'll stick with it for now. Though I AM considering asking a mod to change it to just Super Sableye, but I dunno. :?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Hello, Shiny Eevee here. History for my original name is in the first post.

Kyubeon is a portmanteau of Kyubey from Madoka and Sylveon, though it might as well just be the Kyubey evolution of Eevee. This particular name came about from some of us in chat noting how Sylveon was the magical girl Eeveelution or something, and with me always running around pretending to be Kyubey, well, it just kind of worked. I needed a new nickname pretty much on the spot without using either Shiny or Lyni because of reasons while still letting the majority of regulars be able to guess that this was, indeed, still Shiny Eevee. Kyubeon was really the only thing that even remotely worked, so yeah. ^^;

My screen name is "Da Freezah" because that's what I called my Glaceon in my Pokemon Y version, and I started liking Glaceon because of him, because I trained at victory road a lot with him, because most of the Pokemon there were either Ground or Dragon, which was weak against Ice!

That's pretty much it...

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
My screen name came about while thinking of a good move that almost all of my pokemon know- and at the time, I was an Ice &water-type fanatic- so my team of Kabutops, Dewgong, Lapras, cresselia, Kingdra, and Cloyster naturally all knew aurora beam. It is also my Dewgong's nickname. So there you have it. aurora beam.

From way back in my early WoW days. I was trying to find a nice sounding name for my Troll huntress. I kept randomly generating names and got Jeyderus. i liked the idea of the nickname being Jey so I made it into something a bit shorter and more suited for a female character and came up with Jeydis. Kept the pseudonym ever since, its rarely taken on most websites I sign up on.

A very boring story actually,
My user name was created by just using my default steam user, "Iain107". However, I derped up in TF2 so I could not get any achievement weapons, to solve my problem, I just went one number up is all.
(Iain108 was also my very first user name ever.)

Basically, it's Marethyu from the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel series (You might want to search it to find the meaning). I was just 12 when I finished the series, and when I was finding something for a username, and then when I put an X, it looked cool, but the thing is, a username needed numbers so, I put 12.

My first username/screen name was AloeFauna for nearly EVERYTHING, because it was my favorite character from my book I was writing. Somethings happened, I hate the book, and scraped it. Although, I might go back to it.
And Skyy-chan came from my real name (Skyyla, it's Dutch/Danish for "delinquent" I think, but I'm totally opposite of that..) And then, '-chan' came from 'Onee-chan', and I'm a big sister. So, I guess that's how my current name came to be ^_^. [BEST ESSAY EVER 10/10, - my friend Shauna...]

Actually I'm an Asian, Chinese, you can say. Tingfeng is actually two separate Chinese words-Ting(听) and Feng(风). Ting means 'listen', and Feng means 'wind'. So, the phrase means 'listening to the wind' if translated directly. Wind is an element of freedom for me, it can be very gentle and brings comfort, but also very destructive like typhoon. But that's why I love it! Uncontrollable but in order. About Anna......I just want to add something behind Tingfeng and I think that's suitable. ^_^

My first username/screen name was AloeFauna for nearly EVERYTHING, because it was my favorite character from my book I was writing. Somethings happened, I hate the book, and scraped it. Although, I might go back to it.
And Skyy-chan came from my real name (Skyyla, it's Dutch/Danish for "delinquent" I think, but I'm totally opposite of that..) And then, '-chan' came from 'Onee-chan', and I'm a big sister. So, I guess that's how my current name came to be ^_^. [BEST ESSAY EVER 10/10, - my friend Shauna...]
'Onee-chan' means big sister, but 'chan' is added behind someone's name to make it cute, and it means something like 'little____'. ^_^

Well, mine just popped up randomly. A friend of mine had his user as Shady Greninja or something like that, I don't remember exactly. So I followed suit and changed mine to Flaming Delphox. Eventually, I got tired and changed it to Fluffy Sylveon since Sylveon is my newest favorite. It just stuck with me.