• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Discussion

Everyone okay if we just do a one week later type thing since nothing much has happened? (Also we’re gonna have to get used to timeskips, sailing takes forever).

Sorry if my slow repsonses are messing up the RP- I promise it wont be like this forever. I'm kinda confused, is Arashi gonna be first mate? Then should I still have Oshiro meet up with them on Hanwon's island, or am I waiting on otnroducing Oshrio to the crew.

Sorry if my slow repsonses are messing up the RP- I promise it wont be like this forever. I'm kinda confused, is Arashi gonna be first mate? Then should I still have Oshiro meet up with them on Hanwon's island, or am I waiting on otnroducing Oshrio to the crew.

It looks like Arashi will be first mate. On our way back to Yatakana (Arashi’s island) we will pick up Sao and have some mini adventures before taking on the marines at Yatakana. Oshiro is able to be introduced in whatever way you think is best. He could overhear Arashi and Hanwon talk about forming a crew and ask to come with (this would make sense as they are at a common trading post). Otherwise you can find a way to incorporate him later.

I don't mind waiting. In order to space things out- I'll have Oshi join after Sao. Perhaps the crew runs into him during one of their mini adventures, in the meantime, I'll post occasionally to develop Oshiro's character and let everyone know I'm not dead.

Squid squid squid
Name: Kanon Ikaruga
Epithet: Thousand Hands
Bounty: 0
Species: merfolk
Appearance: A blue skinned mermaid with the lower body of a squid. She usually wears a coat that covers almost all of her body, excluding her head, hands and those slim long tentacles spilling under her coat. She carries around a briefcase with a medic symbol plastered on it, the other side has a biohazard symbol though.
Personality:
A rather stoic person, Kanon is good at hiding her expression. She tends to be overeager when helping another person and might end up going overboard with it. Despite her permanent poker face, she's not much of a serious type as long as it's outside her surgery table.

Affiliations: marine
Role: doctor
Weapons: A pistol and a knife. The knife is coated with sleeping drug and the pistol only shoot tranquillizer darts.
Devil Fruit: none
Techniques:
Pressure - Kanon uses all of her limbs to repeatedly strike enemy's weak points. Disrupting their bloodstream, energy flow and temporarily paralyze them.
Blast - Uses all limbs to launch a powerful strike at one focused spot.
Toxic bomb - throw a vial that will explode upon impact. The fume will poison anyone who breath it.
Home Island: Fish-man Island
Backstory: The prodigy of Alchemilla Medical University somewhere near the Red Line. Even though it was counted as malpractice, she is well-known among the marine as the doctor that can do three surgery at once, saving the lifes that seemed to be impossible at that time. Currently she is indebted to a marine official and is paying the debt by working under him. Some of her work clashed against her ethic though so she's thinking to look for another way to pay her debt.

Perhaps I'll have Oshiro hitch of ride from someone and travel to the same nearby island as Hanwon and Arashi. I'm just an impatient little nub, but the sooner we have a crew the better. I'll make a post after Nintenduck does, if I have time.

Name: Johnny
Epithet: None
Species: Human
Appearance: Johny has unkept pink hair he's very pale with bright blue eyes. He wears red googles to cover his eyes. He's moderately build but not to muscular he wears a heavy bight green jacket underneath it he wears a black singlet. He Has Baggy green pants and red sneakers. Since he usually stays in his half transformed state so he has a tongue longer than his body although he keeps mot of it in his mouth about 20cm of it always sticks out, He has a green and pink pattern on his skin.
Personality: Johny is a nut job who goes around sticking out his tongue and scaring kids with his weird appearance. He will often be shaking and laughing. Deep down he has o fear of Dying as doesn't really see the point in living he doesn't pick up on normal social ques so doesn't know how to act. He just wants to have people that like being around him and people who appreciate him fo who he is.
Affiliations: Pirate
Role: Shipwright/carpenter
Weapons: His tongue
Devil Fruit:
Name: Camo Camo No Mi
Description: A bright pink orange
Type: Zoan
Powers: It's a Zoan that gives you the power of a chameleon like increased strength super long tongue a tail camouflage sticky hands and more.
Weaknesses: He will not be able to use his devil fruit in cold climates.
How it was acquired: He was at a young age trained to be a assassin he was an efficient fighter at the age of 15 he was forced to eat a Devil fruit the agency though it was a useless fruit and abandoned him.
Techniques:
Tongue shot: He shoots out his tongue as hard as he can it hits like truck and after the hit his tongue stays stuck onto the opponent.
Tongue whip: Johny uses his tongue like a whip.
Camo skin: Johny makes his skin blend in with the surroundings.
Tongue coil: Johny wraps his tongue around his opponent immobilizing them.

Home Island: Hisuko Island

Backstory: At a young he was left abandoned by his parents he was adopted by a local orphanage who didn't know what to do with him as he'd often get into fights with other kids and adults. The world government took him in and trained him as a member of CP9 he was one of their best candidates and had already a good understanding of several roukushiki techniques. At the age of 15 after a mission he and the other young members were given a devil fruit it was deemed useless by his higher ups and he was dropped form the CP at an abandoned port town in the middle of nowhere. Out of boredom he began attempting to repair the ships that had been left there. He continued rebuilding the ships eventually he go a knack for it and became a skilled shipwright when he turned 22 using one of his rebuilt ships he ventured of around the world wanting to become a pirate to be free form the worlds standards.

Name: Johnny
Epithet: None
Species: Human
Appearance: Johny has unkept pink hair he's very pale with bright blue eyes. He wears red googles to cover his eyes. He's moderately build but not to muscular he wears a heavy bight green jacket underneath it he wears a black singlet. He Has Baggy green pants and red sneakers. Since he usually stays in his half transformed state so he has a tongue longer than his body although he keeps mot of it in his mouth about 20cm of it always sticks out, He has a green and pink pattern on his skin.
Personality: Johny is a nut job who goes around sticking out his tongue and scaring kids with his weird appearance. He will often be shaking and laughing. Deep down he has o fear of Dying as doesn't really see the point in living he doesn't pick up on normal social ques so doesn't know how to act. He just wants to have people that like being around him and people who appreciate him fo who he is.
Affiliations: Pirate
Role: Shipwright/carpenter
Weapons: His tongue
Devil Fruit:
Name: Camo Camo No Mi
Description: A bright pink orange
Type: Zoan
Powers: It's a Zoan that gives you the power of a chameleon like increased strength super long tongue a tail camouflage sticky hands and more.
Weaknesses: He will not be able to use his devil fruit in cold climates.
How it was acquired: He was at a young age trained to be a assassin he was an efficient fighter at the age of 15 he was forced to eat a Devil fruit the agency though it was a useless fruit and abandoned him.
Techniques:
Tongue shot: He shoots out his tongue as hard as he can it hits like truck and after the hit his tongue stays stuck onto the opponent.
Tongue whip: Johny uses his tongue like a whip.
Camo skin: Johny makes his skin blend in with the surroundings.
Tongue coil: Johny wraps his tongue around his opponent immobilizing them.

Home Island: Hisuko Island

Backstory: At a young he was left abandoned by his parents he was adopted by a local orphanage who didn't know what to do with him as he'd often get into fights with other kids and adults. The world government took him in and trained him as a member of CP9 he was one of their best candidates and had already a good understanding of several roukushiki techniques. At the age of 15 after a mission he and the other young members were given a devil fruit it was deemed useless by his higher ups and he was dropped form the CP at an abandoned port town in the middle of nowhere. Out of boredom he began attempting to repair the ships that had been left there. He continued rebuilding the ships eventually he go a knack for it and became a skilled shipwright when he turned 22 using one of his rebuilt ships he ventured of around the world wanting to become a pirate to be free form the worlds standards.
He’s great, accepted! He would actually be a pretty good character for them to meet at the trade post they just arrived at. Additionally, I’m going to need a brief description of the island since you created your own.

I mostly just planned for them to have properties that attract fish to Yatakana, but if you have an idea of what I could do with them, I’d be willing to hear it.
Just curious. Since I plan to throw Kanon into the fray by having another set of marine ship visiting Yatakana so I want to give the marine captain a reason.

@Mango137 can I make and control a few NPCs? Mainly one marine captain since he will be tied with Kanon's backstory.

Just curious. Since I plan to throw Kanon into the fray by having another set of marine ship visiting Yatakana so I want to give the marine captain a reason.

@Mango137 can I make and control a few NPCs? Mainly one marine captain since he will be tied with Kanon's backstory.
It’s fine with me but if you want to change the Yatakana arc you need to ask @Nintenduck

kk do you want me to put the description here or in the chat
The description should be here please!

@Hungry Badass I am a bit concerned for how things in this rp have been going.... both of your posts have been slightly underwhelming and contain quite a large amount of grammatical errors. My concerns were first sparked after reading your character sheet, and although you did edit it to better fit my suggestions, it still was lacking. Something similar happened in your first post in the rp. When I commented on its lack of description and depth, you just added more to the run-on sentence. Your most recent post made very little sense and was not exactly eloquent in its phrasing, thus motivating me to take a stand and address the issue. Simply put, if you cannot put more effort and depth into your posts and character I will have to ask you to leave this rp. The idea of a long lasting OP rp is a fragile one and I cannot risk any hinderances.

My character is a cook? Maybe navigator.. then again, doesn't hurt to have two of those
Oh whoops, I guess a navigator would be what we need then

Also @Hungry Badass I have decided how I am going to make the decision on whether or not you will be permitted to continue in this rp. You will need to rewrite/edit both of your two posts and your character bio to get them on par with everyone else’s. Let me know when you are done.

Oof, two marine captains to fight at Yatakana is gonna be brutal

Also, I was wondering if anyone here is like really good at art in real life and would be willing to draw a unique and original concept for the crew’s ship and Jolly Roger. As far as the ship goes just do whatever you think would be best, I’m super interested in seeing what some of you could come up with. However, I would like to have some input for the Jolly Roger.

I can't draw, eh. So I can only give some input. Regarding the Jolly roger, is there any visual gimmick that our character have in common? Or Hanwon's visual gimmick?