• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Discussion

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Oh whoops, I guess a navigator would be what we need then

Also @Hungry Badass I have decided how I am going to make the decision on whether or not you will be permitted to continue in this rp. You will need to rewrite/edit both of your two posts and your character bio to get them on par with everyone else’s. Let me know when you are done.
Alright, done

There's an OOC at the end of the second post, please do read it
I have done what i could, if i can't get in, then i can't. . It's that simple

these are super rough drafts and I did them in a moving car so they won't look to good these are the 2 jolly roger ideas I came up with tell me which one you think looks good.

Attachments

• IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    309 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_4816.JPG
    IMG_4816.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4816.JPG
    IMG_4816.JPG
    371.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1912.JPG
    IMG_1912.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 47
Alright, done

There's an OOC at the end of the second post, please do read it
I have done what i could, if i can't get in, then i can't. . It's that simple
I’m sorry, while they are an improvement, your posts seem to be lacking a certain element. Down the road if you demonstrate that your rp skills have improved I’d be happy to reinstate you in this rp, but for now I’m going to have to ask you to leave.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
I’m sorry, while they are an improvement, your posts seem to be lacking a certain element. Down the road if you demonstrate that your rp skills have improved I’d be happy to reinstate you in this rp, but for now I’m going to have to ask you to leave.
That is alright

@Thomas the trainer are you still planning to draw the ship?

Also, side note: I accepted your character because he seemed really intriguing and his cp9 backstory was interesting. But I will have to ask that you make sure he is not too powerful, they are just a beginning pirate crew and it would be bad for character arcs if Johnny was too powerful. Additionally I don’t think the bounty thing makes that much sense because if they knew he had valuable information they would’ve killed him instead of just abandoning him so I think it would be best for both character balance and consistency if you made it so he never learned any big secrets and edited that part out.

Yet another side note: I think I’ll go with the 4th image for the Jolly Roger. I know you said the concept art was messy and in your car so it’s not as good as you would like but I think it’s great. If you want you can create a final copy but you don’t have to.

Last edited:
He only knows a couple of roukoshiki techniques like shigan, a bit of soru, his all right at kami-e and has very little knowledge of the other techniques. I am designing the ship and doing sketches but I have a lot of assignments to work on for school so I haven't really had enough time to work on it fully and color it but by the time in the RP it is revealed it should be ready. The secrets arn't really involving the government it's more the Roukoshiki techniques plus the purpose of the cipher polls. I hope this cleared things up if you need me to edit anything I gladly will.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
@Mango137 You called for me?

Anyways, I'm here now. :I Is this good?
Name: Niha Sei
Epithet: None at the Moment (I plan to give him one later on.)
Bounty: 0
Species: Human
Appearance: (I was confused about how the private chat thingy works. You want me to PM you?)
Personality: Enjoys experimenting with things. Mostly different ways to kill people, and is quite energetic. He can be forgetful if something more exciting comes up. He doesn't care much for a spotlight, and will fight dirty if it means a chance to win. He hates waking up earlier than 11:00 PM, and doesn't truly wake up until an hour later.
Affiliations: Pirate
Role: Chef
Weapons: Two Katanas.
Techniques: He usually has a hard time with cool names, but has a variety of different techniques. He often forgets them because he can't name them. The basic ones he like to stick to are what he classes as Fast, Heavy, and Other.
-The Fast technique is as the name says. Quick, agile attacks he often only uses one katana for, but can use multiple if he likes. Repeated slashes (Repeated slashes... derr.), a move similar to Lion's Song, and Direct Dash ( He basically dashes at an opponent with his sword aiming to impale them. He doesn't really care what it pierces.
-The Heavy technique Is also as the name says. He uses one sword for this, with both hands. Downward Slash (He basically jumps up and does his best to slice you in twine.) Bakuhah He can rarely find the opportunity to use this move on small boats or places with no real altitude difference, but it's a move where he jumps off of a high spot (Preferably three ft. above his opponent.) and performs a tuck-and-roll, his blade slicing down the middle. This move rarely lands perfectly, but when it does it can do quite a lot of damage. Sword-Breaker is literally him just striking downwards on the blade as hard as possible to break a block or the sword. Either works.
The Other technique is where everything else goes. He constantly forgets the moves in this technique. Perhaps if he had some names...
Home Island: Lvneel Kingdom (I'm just pulling crap off the wiki. If this town is off-limits or something just let me know. :I)
Backstory: A small time Bounty Hunter who's never killed any big-time pirates. Mostly lone pirates or small bands of pirates. Coming from a bustling town which was full of the wannabe-pirates and wannabe-marines. Niha had other ideas, along with the few others who wanted to become Bounty Hunters. Niha never received actual training, so he took it upon himself to get his hands on a katana at the age of 12. He taught himself and learned from the pirates and marines who would teach him something. Eventually he set out (Age 17) to begin Bounty-Hunting.
I did say I was still on East Blue.

Last edited:
@Mango137 You called for me?

Anyways, I'm here now. :I Is this good?
Name: Niha Sei
Epithet: None at the Moment (I plan to give him one later on.)
Bounty: 0
Species: Human
Appearance: (I was confused about how the private chat thingy works. U want me to PM you?)
Personality: Enjoys experimenting with things. Mostly different ways to kill people, and is quite energetic.
Affiliations: Pirate
Role: (Is combatant considered a role?)
Weapons: Two Katanas.
Techniques: He usually has a hard time with cool names, but has a variety of different techniques. He often forgets them because he can't name them. The basic ones he like to stick to are what he classes as Fast, Heavy, and Other.
-The Fast technique is as the name says. Quick, agile attacks he often only uses one katana for, but can use multiple if he likes. Repeated slashes (Repeated slashes... derr.), a move similar to Lion's Song, and Direct Dash ( He basically dashes at an opponent with his sword aiming to impale them. He doesn't really care what it pierces.
-The Heavy technique Is also as the name says. He uses one sword for this, with both hands. Downward Slash (He basically jumps up and does his best to slice you in twine.) Bakuhah He can rarely find the opportunity to use this move on small boats or places with no real altitude difference, but it's a move where he jumps off of a high spot (Preferably three ft. above his opponent.) and performs a tuck-and-roll, his blade slicing down the middle. This move rarely lands perfectly, but when it does it can do quite a lot of damage. Sword-Breaker is literally him just striking downwards on the blade as hard as possible to break a block or the sword. Either works.
The Other technique is where everything else goes. He constantly forgets the moves in this technique. Perhaps if he had some names...
Home Island: (I don't have any ideas.)
Backstory: A small time Bounty Hunter who's never killed any big-time pirates. Mostly lone pirates or small bands of pirates. (It's a work in progress. I'm so bad at this xD)
I get that this is only, like, half finished, but in all fairness, I did say I was still on East Blue.
Accepted, it would be nice if you added a few more details in the backstory and personality though.

A role would be like chef or musician or whatever. It is preferred but not necessary.

It's around 11 meters long it has a nice brown color but i you look close enough you'll notice that some parts of the wood looks mismatched with the rest of the planks. Theres a large metal ring encircling the bottom of the ship giving some extra support. Above deck at the very front theres a steering wheel surrounded by birch to stop the captain from falling of. In the middle of the above deck theres a trapdoor leading down below deck. Theres a small house which covers the rest of the ship with 2 stories which lead to the sleeping chambers on the top story it has an actual bed for the captain, but below this there's 6 hammocks. Below deck theres a food storage room, a treasure room, A kitchen and table with 10 chairs which are mismatched. There's 2 cannons on both sides of the ship but the one o the right side can be faulty. Hope this helps.

@Steel_Snek I'm really sorry but I just remembered that Oshiro has twin bladed weapons already. If you could change it to just one sword or something different that’d be great. Otherwise you could see if @Barefoot_Kittens is willing to change hers but she gets first dibs since she was here first.

Just throwing ideas out there. Barefoot, I honestly think a boomerang would be a really interesting idea for Oshiro, it doesn’t even necessarily need to replace the machetes but he could have one as well. Steel, I don’t have much of an idea besides switching to a single Katana. Though I suppose brass knuckles or kunai knives could also be cool. I would like to point out that we don’t have any ranged fighters (unless barefoot decides to focus on the boomerang).

Finally, does anyone have an idea for the figurehead of the ship?

Edit: I forgot to ask, what are the individual goals or dreams for each of your characters?

Last edited:
@Steel_Snek I don't mind switching Oshi's weapon at all. In fact I love Mango's idea, boomerang it is for Oshi- matches his character much better than machetes. I'll change his bio right now :D. Also, as far as dreams or goals, Oshiro is kinda shallow in that criteria. He mostly just does stuff because he's bored- with future character development he will find that the true reason for his nomadic behavior is just that he's trying to find somewhere that he fits in.

@Steel_Snek I don't mind switching Oshi's weapon at all. In fact I love Mango's idea, boomerang it is for Oshi- matches his character much better than machetes. I'll change his bio right now :D. Also, as far as dreams or goals, Oshiro is kinda shallow in that criteria. He mostly just does stuff because he's bored- with future character development he will find that the true reason for his nomadic behavior is just that he's trying to find somewhere that he fits in.
Sounds good, thanks for your flexibility! Haha I love the idea of someone who just became a pirate because he’s bored, reminds me of One Punch Man.

Edit: Barefoot, I know you might not know what Haki is yet but farther down the road if Oshiro learns Armament Haki his boomerang will be super deadly.

Despite being smacked and utterly embarrassed, Oshiro's not the type to go crawling back on his knees- not yet at least. I was thinking about having them part ways for now and meeting up again later, where Oshiro will officially join and maybe even "apologize". I can't quite figure out another way to get them to meet up again. A simple explanation would be either Oshi gets in trouble and the crew helps him or the crew gets in trouble and Oshi helps them.
One idea I had was that Oshiro is all pouty and whatnot so he goes to wreak havoc elsewhere. That elsewhere just so happens to be where Hanwon, Johnny, and Arashi are getting supplies. Long story short, Oshi manages to start a full fledged fight (like one of them mid-western saloon scenes were everyone is fighting), and somehow he either (A) teams up with the crew against some big boi bad guy or (B) he actually ends up fighting one of the crew members and the gain a mutual respect for one another.
Any like that- or have any other ideas? For some reason I'm currently lacking creative brain juice.

Whatever you think would be best! I’m trying to think of a good introduction as well. Him and Arashi would be my idea if we did a fight between a crew member and Oshiro. Otherwise he could get into trouble with a different crew and we could have The Summit pirates step in.

Kanon's goal is money for now, she has a debt. While she can get a constant supply of money by working in the marine, she can't justify her current job. So yeah, she's kinda strict to herself about the ethical code.

Regarding the figurehead of the ship, I think it should be decided by the current owner of the ship that is Johny. He's the one who made it afterall, we can change it later.

Oh snap! I just got an idea. We could involve the marines, therefore getting Kanon to join as well. Perhaps the marines heard of the little dispute with Johnny and put the pieces together that there were pirates nearby. Seeing Oshiro by himself after interacting the the crew- they take the chance to kidnap him and use him to find the others. (I'm not 100% sure what the marines do, so just correct me if I'm wrong). While the marines are either questions, threatening, or capturing Oshiro; the Summit Pirates step in and *deep breath* save the day!

That all depends on bread’s plan for introducing Kanon. I know the original idea was she would be introduced at Yatakana since that is what we have been working up to.

Oh snap, well now we all know who hasn't been paying attention. @Spoiled Bread just checking you in to inform you of my necessarily long attempts at communication. Don't worry about Kanon, we'll still be meeting her at Yatakana. I guess I'll go with the pirate idea for Oshi- maybe have him run into someone who he's stolen from in the past or a crew who he's done dirty before. Then the Summit Pirates can see him getting his butthanded to him, being their kind hearted selves, help a brother out.