• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Discussion

Got bored.... devil fruit ideas

Logia
  • Sakura-Sakura no mi. The user can turn themselves into leaves of cherry blossoms. This allows them to fly if there is wing, and launch razor sharp leaves at opponents.

Zoan

• Manti-Manti no mi. The manticore mythical Zoan. The user’s hybrid form would gain a lion’s mane, large bat-like wings, and a thorny tail along with lion like muscle increases, lion legs, large fanged teeth, and the ability to launched spikes with their tail and stun opponents with their roar. This was one of my other ideas for Hanwon but I didn’t do it because I thought it seemed too edgy or “evil” for the captain. Also, I wanted to leave room for Hanwon to grow, I feel like mythical zoans start pretty maxed out.
  • Tori-Tori no mi model: Owl. Bird-bird fruit model: Owl. Pretty self explanatory, the user can become an owl or an owl-human hybrid. Along with gaining night vision, they can turn their arms into wings and grow talons. They also gain increased wisdom.

Paramecia

• Purizumu-Purizumu no mi. Prism-prism fruit. My original idea for Hanwon’s fruit, but I decided I wanted a fighter who didn’t need weapons and I didn’t know how he would progressively grow stronger with this. The user can create prims in the air that can deflect projectiles and also change the qualities of things that pass through them, such as direction, number, or size. My thought is someone with throwing daggers could throw them through the prism and create many more so one dagger could turn into 100. Also they could create a maze of prisms that the daggers would bounce through, allowing them to seemingly track the target.
  • Baburu-Baburu no mi. Bubble-Bubble fruit. The user can create and project bubbles that can expand to a large size. These can be used to transport things but they can also be used in combat. If the user compresses a large amount of air into a small bubble, they can pop by control and cause an aggressive burst of wind to explode.
  • Moeru-Moeru no mi. Combust-Combust fruit. The user can launch sparks from their hand that causes anything it strikes to explode and burn an extremely hot green flame until the user willingly distinguishes it. The user can decide whether or not the flame destroys its target. They could burn down a stone wall, or they could leave someone on fire indefinitely as torture.
  • Musen-Musen no mi. Radio-Radio fruit. The user can project radio vibrations that can cause damage to opponents ears, incapacitate enemies with horrible noises, and vibrate objects at a rapid pace. They can also instantly send long distance messages.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
It depends on if you're ready. They can wind up near Niha or something, and he can cook something up before realizing that they're pirates. Or he can just smell them (because demon slayer) and attack. Or some third option I don't know. Up to you, @Mango137

I haven't actually put much thought into the villain, since I assumed Hanwon would be the one to fight him, so if you want to make the enemies, you can go right ahead.

Potential matchups (remember you will each rp your own enemy). Also, these are not meant to be super difficult opponents, remember the first one piece marine fight. I will edit other opponents in as I go.

Hanwon:
Name:
Marine Captain Osore
Epithet: Demon’s bane
Species: Human
Appearance: About 6’5 and 300 pounds. Extremely muscular, effortlessly wields two large sea prism stone battle axes. He has reddish-brown hair in a crew cut and a trimmed beard. He has dark brown eyes.
Personality: Very dutiful, has a strong hatred towards devil fruit users and seeks them out to kill them.
Affiliations: Marines
Role: Captain
Weapons: Dual sea prism stone battle axes
Devil Fruit: None

Arashi:
Name:
Xavier
Epithet: Red Blades
Appearance: Wears a black kimono and a red waist band. About 6’2 and 170 pounds. Black hair in a topknot and black eyes.
Personality: Loves toying with his opponents, enjoys others suffering and ruthlessly kills his opponents.
Affiliations: Marine
Weapons: Twin Katanas

Name: Julie Bright
Epithet: None
Appearance: Julie has blonde hair and often wears what standard marine uniform she's wrapped in chains especially on her arms which have to swords.
Personality: She follows the rules strictly and believes everything the marines say and due to this sees other races which arn't human as freaks and believes they should only be slaves.
Role: Ensign
Weapons: Two chained blade.

Last edited:
Name: Julie Bright
Epithet: None
Appearance: Julie has blonde hair and often wears what standard marine uniform she's wrapped in chains especially on her arms which have to swords.
Personality: She follows the rules strictly and believes everything the marines say and due to this sees other races which arn't human as freaks and believes they should only be slaves.
Role: Lieutenant
Weapons: Two chained blade.
If it’s a lieutenant Arashi would be fighting her, change her rank and she’s a good opponent for Jonny!

I, for some odd reason, have recently become rather fond of making characters :D

Name: Lucas Derille
Appearance: Rather handsome, Lucas has a charming face with an easygoing look to him. His body is second only to the captain, while he stands at 6'2 and weighs in at about 260 pound, Lucas has intensely defined muscles and a giant-like build. His skin is tan, sun-kissed and lively- sporting several pale scars which anyone who knows him has heard the stories about. Lucas has strangely large hands and feet, ape-like and scarily strong. Despite his capable body, Lucas sports a friendly face. Blonde hair is straight and long, cut bluntly at his shoulders so it frames his square face. A neat, tight little beard of blonde hair wraps around his chin and is only grown out an inch or so. Lucas has friendly, sunken in blue eyes under thick eyebrows. Typically, Lucas' expression is light-hearted and calm- very rarely will one see the true cruelty that flashes under his sky-blue pupils.
Personality: Lucas is a bit of a show-boat, he loves to please the crowd. The life of the party, Lucas is rather charming- always making his friends laugh or convincing some random woman to marry him in the distant future. Lucas lives in the moment, he lives for cheers and reputation. Yet as outgoing as Lucas seems, he couldn't give a damn about anyone's feelings. Lucas doesn't think ahead, he doesn't think about consequences, and he doesn't think about anyone but himself. It's hard to see Lucas without a confident grin plastered across his bearded face, but he's not just some party-animal that got lucky enough to be on the marines. Lucas is ruthless and uncaring- he'll get both his physical body and his conscienceless dirty without even blinking. Lucas will crush a puppy's skull under his foot and laugh about it loudly as he retells the story in the most irresistible way.
Role: Soldier
Weapons: Lucas Weilds a set of spiked brass knuckles, one on each hand, sporting them even when he is not in combat. Weaved between each of his large, masculine fingers is the dark metal holder, attached are 4 silvery colored iron spikes, thick and pointed but so clean that one would wonder if he had ever even used them.

Should I also make him one of those avatar things in the group chat?

I, for some odd reason, have recently become rather fond of making characters :D

Name: Lucas Derille
Appearance: Rather handsome, Lucas has a charming face with an easygoing look to him. His body is second only to the captain, while he stands at 6'2 and weighs in at about 260 pound, Lucas has intensely defined muscles and a giant-like build. His skin is tan, sun-kissed and lively- sporting several pale scars which anyone who knows him has heard the stories about. Lucas has strangely large hands and feet, ape-like and scarily strong. Despite his capable body, Lucas sports a friendly face. Blonde hair is straight and long, cut bluntly at his shoulders so it frames his square face. A neat, tight little beard of blonde hair wraps around his chin and is only grown out an inch or so. Lucas has friendly, sunken in blue eyes under thick eyebrows. Typically, Lucas' expression is light-hearted and calm- very rarely will one see the true cruelty that flashes under his sky-blue pupils.
Personality: Lucas is a bit of a show-boat, he loves to please the crowd. The life of the party, Lucas is rather charming- always making his friends laugh or convincing some random woman to marry him in the distant future. Lucas lives in the moment, he lives for cheers and reputation. Yet as outgoing as Lucas seems, he couldn't give a damn about anyone's feelings. Lucas doesn't think ahead, he doesn't think about consequences, and he doesn't think about anyone but himself. It's hard to see Lucas without a confident grin plastered across his bearded face, but he's not just some party-animal that got lucky enough to be on the marines. Lucas is ruthless and uncaring- he'll get both his physical body and his conscienceless dirty without even blinking. Lucas will crush a puppy's skull under his foot and laugh about it loudly as he retells the story in the most irresistible way.
Role: Soldier
Weapons: Lucas Weilds a set of spiked brass knuckles, one on each hand, sporting them even when he is not in combat. Weaved between each of his large, masculine fingers is the dark metal holder, attached are 4 silvery colored iron spikes, thick and pointed but so clean that one would wonder if he had ever even used them.

Should I also make him one of those avatar things in the group chat?
No need to make an avatar! Very detailed for an opponent, looks great!!!

I'm thinking Johnny and Oshiro could develop a relationship similar to Zoro and Sanji
I feel like that isn’t likely. Zoro and Sanji have complete opposite personalities, whereas Johnny and Oshiro are actually very similar. If anything, Hades resembles Zoro, Oshiro resembles Sanji, Jonny resembles Usopp, and Arashi resembles Jimbei. Remember though, it’s not about mirroring one piece, we are making our own characters and they will have their own original interactions. That’s what makes this fun!

@Barefoot_Kittens if you want to make more characters, you can make more crew mates down the line... I don’t think many more rpers are going to join.

@Mango137 I think I will make another character soon. I typically RP with more than one, but I limited myself because of my lack of knowledge of One Piece. Now I feel pretty comfortable to go ahead and make character numero dos. I think I'll make a female gunner- she'll have a devil-fruit that gives her enhanced aim (probably something like her eyes can turn into scopes)

I'm thinking that, when they go through the forest, the crew could be ambushed by the marines, along with one or two of the villains we made, so some of the crew would stay behind to fend them off while the rest of the crew continues to the base.

@Mango137 personally, I don't feel comfortable taking the reins of your RP. I would hate to come off as pushy or bossy because I start making up things (that might even go against what you're trying to do). With permission, I wouldn't mind helping to push the RP forward- otherwise it's probably safest for you to make the big, plot-turning posts.

@Mango137 personally, I don't feel comfortable taking the reins of your RP. I would hate to come off as pushy or bossy because I start making up things (that might even go against what you're trying to do). With permission, I wouldn't mind helping to push the RP forward- otherwise it's probably safest for you to make the big, plot-turning posts.
I mean if you wanna help with that, great! Maybe just pm me and tell me your ideas first