• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Discussion

An crew does need a helmsmen right.

Name: Hades Black
Epithet: Hellhound
Bounty: 0
Species: Human
Appearance: (private chat)
Personality: Hades is a man who is very protective of his friends and tries to lighten the mood but never is successful as his puns are terrible.
Affiliations: Priate
Role: Helmsmen
Weapons: Staff- He wields a long black staff with intricate carvings of vines and weapons
Devil Fruit:
Name: Inu-Inu no mi model model Anubis, Hound-Hound fruit model Anubis
Description: A Red and Black Watermelon with swirls covering it
Type: Zoan
Powers: It has the Zoans usual ability's to turn him into a half human, half Jackal that enhances his strength and he has the ability to turn into a full Anubis, in these forms he has the abitity to breath out Hellfire( black flames).
Weaknesses: He is deeply entwined with death due to his fruit and so as he is still alive he takes increased pain from a attack
How it was acquired: Hades acquired his devil fruit when he was exploring an ancient ruin on his home island and found a previously unexplored section which lead him to a large gateway with the fruit in front of it on a pedestal and having not eaten in two days proceeded to eat it only to see black fur cover his arms.
Techniques: Hellfire Roar
Hellfire Chains- Using his Breath he unleashes his flames and then wills them to act as chains shackling his foes.
Hellfire slash- In his Hybrid form he uses his breath to ignite his Staff and then sends a wave of fire at his foes.
Home Island: Nirvana
Backstory: Hades was born on the island of NIrvana but during his birth his mother passed and so his father blaming him for the death of his wife left at the black orphanage without telling them his name. Over the years he would grow and find that he loved exploring the forest behind the orphanage where one day he found the local ruins and discovered the murals on the walls depicting various staff users and so he began imitating what he saw on the murals (age 6) and even going as far as to building his own staff at ten and by that time he had been given the name Hades because of how much time he spent in the ruins which in native legend held the doorways to the afterlife and what is said to be a great treasure. However on his twelfth birthday after not eating for two days found an unexplored area of the ruins and with it his devil fruit but he never opened the doors that were there as he had decided he would open them with his future crew mates leaving the scrolls he found in that room as he decided he would collect them at the time he discovered what lay beyond the door. The reason for this being the previous year he had decided he want be a helmsmen on a ship so great it would always be remembered and so for 7 years following his thirteenth birthday he trained as helmsmen on a merchant ship and constantly practiced with his devil fruit and Staff.

Last edited:
An crew does need a helmsmen right.

Name: Hades Black
Epithet: Hellhound
Bounty: 0
Species: Human
Appearance: (private chat)
Personality: Hades is a man who is very protective of his friends and tries to lighten the mood but never is successful as his puns are terrible.
Affiliations: Priate
Role: Helmsmen
Weapons: Twin Scythes
Devil Fruit:
Name: Inu-Inu no mi model cereberus, Hound-Hound fruit model cereberus
Description: A Red and Black Watermelon with swirls covering it
Type: Zoan
Powers: It has the Zoans usual ability's to turn him into a half human, half cereberus that enhances his strength and he has the ability to turn into a full cereberus, in these forms he has the abitity to breath out Hellfire( black flames), Lighting and Ice from his heads.
Weaknesses: Each head has it's own Personality, one being violent then Hades and one being more playful causing him to be easily distracted when not focused on his foes.
How it was acquired: Hades acquired his devil fruit when he was exploring an ancient ruin on his home island and found a previously unexplored section which lead him to a large gateway with the fruit in front of it on a pedestal and having not eaten in two days proceeded to eat it only to start hearing voices and then seeing two extra heads one each shoulder.
Techniques: Trident blast- He fires out all three his breath attacks at once causing them to meld together.
Death Blooming- He spins with both his scythes in either hand cutting down his foes
Hellfire slash- In his Hybrid form he uses his breath to ignite his scythes and then cut down the foes in front of him.
Home Island: Nirvana
Backstory: Hades was born on the island of NIrvana but during his birth his mother passed and so his father blaming him for the death of his wife left at the black orphanage without telling them his name. Over the years he would grow and find that he loved exploring the forest behind the orphanage where one day he found the local ruins and discovered the murals on the walls depicting various scythe users and so he began imitating what he saw on the murals (age 6) and even going as far as to forge his own two scythes at ten and by that time he had been given the name Hades because of how much time he spent in the ruins which in native legend held the doorways to the afterlife and what is said to be a great treasure. However on his twelfth birthday after not eating for two days found an unexplored area of the ruins and with it his devil fruit but he never opened the doors that were there as he had decided he would open them with his future crew mates leaving the scrolls he found in that room as he decided he would collect them at the time he discovered what lay beyond the door. The reason for this being the previous year he had decided he want be a helmsmen on a ship so great it would always be remembered and so for 7 years following his thirteenth birthday he trained as helmsmen on a merchant ship and constantly practiced with his devil fruit and scythes.
Ok so he is definitely awesome. My only concern is he is too awesome. I love the idea of an underworld themed character, but the Cerberus mythical zoan just seems a bit too strong, especially while we are still in north blue. I have come up with what I feel is a good solution since I think he’s great and would love for him to join. If you switched his devil fruit to a jackal one based on Anubis he could still have access to hellfire, gain some other Anubis based powers, but loose the versatility of the other two heads with ice and lightning. Also getting rid of the scythes could potentially help with balancing him out.

@Nintenduck you forgot to acknowledge tlord’s character. Also I was just wondering how active you will be able to be in the future? The trend has been that you take a bit longer than most to reply so we may have to find a way to make Arashi more of a minor character if you aren’t able to be active.

In order to not crowd the RP thread- plus we shouldnt be introducing more than one character at once- I'm gonna wait a bit. I'll wait until you all are ready to find Oshiro. I dont mind, please dont wish. I just wanted to let you guys know that I am still active and reading the posts.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
alright, at least this doesn't move as fast as most of my other rps. I read through everything here too, and i'm kinda grounded right now. I should be able to pop back in by Tuesday.

Anyone can auto any of the bad guys in this scene, though I believe it will be a quick little fight, including the captain.

Also, on a random note, I was thinking of different names that Oshiro could call Hanwon. I'm stuck between tow favorites being "Hanny" or "Won-Won" XD.

Last edited:
I am not going to post until after this fight as I'm going to make my character watch it and then join the crew as it will show him that you can actually back up your claims.

Won won xD

So apparently my notifications weren’t working for this thread, sorry I didn’t see your posts until now.

@Thomas the trainer defiantly, Hanwon will need back up

@Tlord22 Yeah, I didn’t know if you wanted your character to follow or not. Hanwon didn’t order him to fight because he isn’t technically his captain yet.

Chunky Ramen

Previously Canadian_Fish
All right. I was grounded (as you've heard three times I think, @Mango137 ) so I could not post the following day. I might be able to get it in tonight, but I was wondering whether you want to have another attack. I was just thinking something along the lines of Niha pulling up in a boat and boarding the ship, or stalk them until later. I'm not sure yet.

Just auto whichever charcter you are fighting against, that way I so long have to RP as everyone and nobody is waiting on me. There is three crew members and a captain, but seeing as Hades isn't fighting that leaves one for Oshiro- and its an even 1 on 1 battle. Lets make this quick, like 1-2 posts so just make your posts really detailed if you want an action-packed fight.

Edit: I'm sorry if it seemed like I was trying to take charge there. I'm so used to RPing on my own thread XD. Just elt me know if it seems like I'm getting ahead of myself, I'll smack myself down :D.

So here’s what I’m thinking.... Hanwon desperately needs medical attention so they will head to Yatakana, assisted by Hades and Oshiro who volunteer to help get him there faster. Then when they reach Yatakana, @Spoiled Bread character can come give him medical attention

Oh, oof. Learn something every day, I must say that Hades had a very appropriate reaction.

Add on: Not till a bit later, but I plan on Oshiro getting a devil-fruit. Just making sure, is a plausible ability for him to be able to create and manipulate a type of corrosive acid?

Last edited:
Oh, oof. Learn something every day, I must say that Hades had a very appropriate reaction.

Add on: Not till a bit later, but I plan on Oshiro getting a devil-fruit. Just making sure, is a plausible ability for him to be able to create and manipulate a type of corrosive acid?
Definitely! That’d be interesting, though you would have to pick like one specific acid. (For example there is a canon rust fruit)

@Barefoot_Kittens I was trying to think of a good devil fruit for Oshiro, but then I realized he could actually be a lot cooler as a Haki master. If he learned armament and observational, he could make the boomerang strong enough to break through walls and cause massive damage, and then be extremely accurate with his aim because he would be able to predict where people would be, allowing him to use the returning affect as a trap of sorts.

Also, I think Arashi should become a Haki master as well, since he is largely involved with water and doesn’t seem like he’d want a fruit anyways
(Please note if any of you personal opinions differ you should feel free to pursue those, this is just me trying to give helpful advice)

Personally, I think the characters naturally mirror the One Piece crew in their own unique way. Arashi is the logical first mate, though he doesn’t have Zoro’s aggressive tendencies. Oshiro seems like Usopp with his tendency to talk big and his unique fighting style, though he is far braver and shares Zoro’s aggressiveness. Hades seems like an edgier version of Jinbe. And Johnny is like a Franky Usopp mix

@Barefoot_Kittens I was trying to think of a good devil fruit for Oshiro, but then I realized he could actually be a lot cooler as a Haki master. If he learned armament and observational, he could make the boomerang strong enough to break through walls and cause massive damage, and then be extremely accurate with his aim because he would be able to predict where people would be, allowing him to use the returning affect as a trap of sorts.

Also, I think Arashi should become a Haki master as well, since he is largely involved with water and doesn’t seem like he’d want a fruit anyways
(Please note if any of you personal opinions differ you should feel free to pursue those, this is just me trying to give helpful advice)

Personally, I think the characters naturally mirror the One Piece crew in their own unique way. Arashi is the logical first mate, though he doesn’t have Zoro’s aggressive tendencies. Oshiro seems like Usopp with his tendency to talk big and his unique fighting style, though he is far braver and shares Zoro’s aggressiveness. Hades seems like an edgier version of Jinbe. And Johnny is like a Franky Usopp mix

I actually always intended Arashi to be like Zoro or Sanji, having no devil fruit, relying on mainly strength alone early on, and utilizing haki later, so the parallels with Zoro definitely work, even if he may act differently.

Last edited:
Upon research of what Haki is, I realized that it's awesome. I also think its perfect for Oshiro. I could definitely seeing Arashi having the 'precognative type abilities' and just outsmarting his opponent, too. Seeing as we dont exactly have time for an intense training montage, I think it would be more reasonable for the ability to awaken during a time of great stress. Maybe a battle or something, I'll figure it out later.