• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One Piece Discussion

Hello everyone! Before I get too far into specifics or even creating my own character I just wanted to see if there was a general interest in creating a One Piece universe rp. I will work hard to establish a story for this where, much like the anime/manga, we will begin in one of the four oceans and work our way towards the grand line and eventually the new world. I will probably limit this to a max of 10 other rpers because a crew a lot bigger than that could get crazy and hard to manage. I have a general idea for most of the story leading up to the Grand line, using both original and pre existing islands, but I would like to wait for other characters to join so I can make a storyline that would allow for lots of opportunities for everyone to shine.

This will take place in a parallel one piece universe, with similar islands but vastly different characters in order to avoid any continuity issues. Please feel free to ask any questions!

Name:
Epithet:
Bounty: (We will update this later but it should be 0 for now unless included in your backstory)
Species:
Appearance: (Will be in private chat)
Personality:
Affiliations:
Role: (chef, navigator, etc)
Weapons: (Preferably a weaker starting weapon; however, if you write a convincing enough backstory you may include a more powerful weapon like a Wazomono grade sword).
Devil Fruit: (Optional, preferably non-canon) also may be obtained later.
Name: (Japanese and English)
Description: (What the fruit looks like)
Type: (Logia, Paramecia, Zoan)
Powers:
Weaknesses: (Besides Normal)
How it was acquired:
Techniques: (Special skills used in battle like Luffy’s Gomu Gomu Pistol or Zoro’s 108 pound Phoenix Canon. Should start weak and get stronger later on).
Home Island: (can be made up)
Backstory:

Name: Hanwon Song
Epithet: none yet
Bounty: 0
Species: Human
Appearance: In private chat
Personality: Hanwon’s trademark trait is his perseverance. He is never disheartened from a loss or misfortune and turns it into motivation to improve. Growing up in a family that largely valued intelligence formed him into quite a smart person; however, he never really cared for being smart. While his brains may be viewed by the public as his best attribute, the reality is that he wholeheartedly cares for deeply for others and just wants to help. This quality has motivates many people to rally behind him and join his cause His natural inspirational personality paired with his proficiency in strategizing, quick thinking, and adaptability has made him an extremely capable captain. However, Hanwon has his share of inner demons. Though he hides it well he is plagued with feelings of never doing enough and a general dissatisfaction with anything he does, believing he could have always done more or could have done it better. This leads to self doubt and a constant internal struggle that prevents him from ever doing what is best for himself.
Affiliations: The Summit Pirates
Role: Captain
Weapons: He carries a dagger in a brown leather holster strapped around the middle of his left calf.
Devil Fruit:
Name: Hai-Hai no Mi (Ash-Ash Fruit)
Description: A gray peach
Type: Logia
Powers: The user is made of and can control/manipulate ash.
Weaknesses: Humid or wet areas can make the ash dense and clump together, reducing mobility and not allowing it to ignite. If it is really windy ash he tries to create will be blown around and harder to control.
How it was acquired: A pirate with the power of the Hai-Hai no Mi came to the mountainous village Hanwon grew up in and began pillaging it. Fortunately, a different, friendly, pirate who had been visiting the village was able to quickly defeat the other thanks to his own devil Fruit power, but was forced to kill him when the evil pirate refused to leave peacefully. The closest plant was the peach tree Hanwon had been attempting to grow in his back yard, and the devil manifested itself in the singular peach that grew. Hanwon was young at the time and was thrilled anything had grown at all and went to show his family, offering the fruit to them. They all rejected his offer due to the peaches now gray coloring, so Hanwon, determined to prove his tree had been a success, ate the fruit in front of all of them. Thus, accidentally gaining the powers of the Hai-Hai no Mi.
Techniques:
Gray Walk-He turns his legs into ash and ignites the soles of his feet, allowing him to fly.
Ghost- He turns his entire body into ash, spreading out and becoming almost invisible. He will then be able to quickly regroup somewhere else.
Crumble Arm- He uses ash to extended/enlarge his arm(s). Making powerful gray arms that begin at his elbow.
Ignite- He snaps his fingers and sets some of his ash on fire, the flames from this glow a particular shade of yellow.
Home Island: Mount Piku: An extremely large mountain that is said to begin at the bottom of the ocean. People make their residence near the summit where the tall mountain allows the sun to shine on their fields and farm despite the cold climate.
Backstory: Hanwon was born in a village at the top of Mount Piku where he grew up running around and playing pirates vs marines with his older brother. Everything was happy until a pirate with the power of ash raided the village, killing many. Hanwon’s own father died fighting back, traumatizing him and his brother and effectively ruining their relationship. Hanwon’s brother, Jiwon, grew to hate pirates as he blamed his fathers death on one and vowed to become a marine. Hanwon, on the other hand, grew to admire pirates because it was one who had saved the village, and hated the marines because they had been too late to do the job they were supposed to do. This difference in ideas lead Jiwon to go join the marines once he turned 17, and inspired Hanwon to set out to become a pirate just two years later.
Name: Arashi Kyodaina
Epithet: None as of yet.
Bounty: Currently 0
Appearance: In private chat.
Personality: Arashi has lived a relatively simple life, and his personality reflects this. He isn't one to raise his voice, or to solve anything with violence when there's a clear alternative. In any given situation, he's not necessarily the voice of reason, but rather, a helpful reminder to keep calm. He's a firm believer that anyone can be understood a lot more with only even just one conversation, and he'll gladly go out of his way to get someone who he thinks needs to talk to open up. This can lead to some downsides though, as he can be incredibly gullible, and far too slow to attack when it's clear that something can't be solved with words. He can sometimes even put others in danger with his irrational decisions. When all else fails, though, he's certainly willing to fight however he must to protect his allies.
Affiliations: None at the beginning, but he will most likely join the Summit Pirates very early on in the roleplay.
Role: Fisherman
Weapons: A large trident called Atlaua, as well as a hook attached to a chain that he keeps on his belt.
Techniques:
Barracuda's Thievery-Using his hook to take hold of an enemies weapon, he'll un-arm them, leaving them open to be attacked.
Eel's Fang-Throwing the hook attached to his belt, Arashi catches a far away enemy, pulling them towards him and allowing him to strike with Atlaua.
Gull's Dive-Having reached a higher vantage point with his hook, he jumps down onto an enemy, attacking them with Atlaua, allowing for both a stronger attack, and a less expected one.
Trevally's Leap-Using Atlaua to throw an enemy in the air, Arashi will quickly throw his hook onto them, before pulling them down to the ground, delivering a devastating blow.
Home Island: Yatakana
Backstory: Arashi was born the child of two pirates, who, seeing themselves unfit to raise a child, left him to be raised by the citizens of Yatakana, the large fishing village where the two pirates were born. The people there were kind to Arashi, teaching him how to swim and telling him about how his parents strive to find the One Piece. Having decided to one day become a pirate, Arashi trained himself to fight using Altaua, the trident that had been passed down in his family for generations. Arashi had planned to depart one the day he turned 17 years of age, but months before that day was to come, it was discovered by the world government that the villages bounty of fish was due to a large a mount of a rare mineral in and around the island. The marines stormed the island, building mines without the village's permission, scaring away a majority of the fish that the village relied on to survive. Meaning to drive the marines off of his island, Arashi departed early in search of anyone who could assist him in saving his village.

Last edited:
I haven't been active on pokecharms for quite sometime, but I do plan to begin roleplaying again as soon as I get the chance, and I'd love to take part in a One Piece-based roleplay.

Sounds good guys, I’m excited! Most other OP rps I find are extremely complicated and hard to get started in so I figured I’d try to start one myself. I’ll work on creating character sheets so we can get started. We can probably start with just the three of us (think Luffy, Zoro, Nami at the beginning) and hopefully pick up at least 2 more people before we head to the Grand line, what’s great about this is people could introduce themselves at any point.

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
Sounds good guys, I’m excited! Most other OP rps I find are extremely complicated and hard to get started in so I figured I’d try to start one myself. I’ll work on creating character sheets so we can get started. We can probably start with just the three of us (think Luffy, Zoro, Nami at the beginning) and hopefully pick up at least 2 more people before we head to the Grand line, what’s great about this is people could introduce themselves at any point.
Definitely good, we can do that

Dead account

Name: Sao Kal
Epithet: ((will be:)) Scarfed shooter
Appearance: (private chat)
Personality: a guy throwing a lot of truth bombs, sarcastic jokes and etc, although, he hides and extremely big amount of pain and depression, not able to cope with his past, although, with a really short temper he can he quite mean, sometimes dangerous, so for a 24 year old, watch out. Also, he is usually calm when he isn't raging out, wich is why he usually goes in the deep woods of his island.
Affiliations: pirate
Role: chef& fighter
Weapons: (Preferably a weaker starting weapon; however, if you write a convincing enough backstory you may include a more powerful weapon like a Wazomono grade sword). None
Devil Fruit: (Optional, preferably non-canon) Bang Bang fruit
Name: Bang bang fruit , Kyoda kyoda fruit
Description: (What the fruit looks like) it is shaped like a gun, it is completely grey
Type: (Logia, Paramecia, Zoan) Paramecia
Powers: turn any part of his body and a type of gun,
Weaknesses: (Besides Normal) He cannot summon too many guns, it takes some iron on his body, and after use, leaves metal on the skin . Takes time to take off
How it was acquired: as a kid, he was curious and found the fruit, he ate it like any normal kid would when finding a bizarre looking food
Techniques: (Special skills used in battle like Luffy’s Gomu Gomu Pistol or Zoro’s 108 pound Phoenix Canon. Should start weak and get stronger later on).
Bangu bangu no Gun shot: summons multiple glocks from his fingers and shoots
Bangu bangu no dead pump : makes his arms into shot guns
Bangu bangu no final time : merges his arms and makes a mini gun
BANGU BANGU NO.. ULTIMATE ATTACK, CANNON BOULDER: summons a cannon from his back
Secret technique: Dead eye : his bandages rip themselves to reveal an en of a sniper rifle, wich is the one that killed his parents
Bangu bangu no : Palm Sage: two mini cannon ball shoot, often only used to break woodmor glass, although it could hurt if shot at the right time
Home Island: (can be made up) Samar Island ((made up))
This island, is very dusty, so much so that you need glasses to protect your eyes, that is due to a volcanic eruption in the middle of this island, but it is still filled with life, in the deep woods, surrounding the volcano, is a beautiful and calm waterfall, wich Sao goes to often
Backstory: as a kid Sao never really got to socialize with anybody, except for his parents of course, but even then, he never opened up to his thoughts or anything, the reason? He ate a devil fruit, wich he didn't like the taste of, how? He basically got extremely lucky to trip on it, for some reason, but he wasn't done, after that, he accidentally killed his parents. Leading him to lie about who murdered them. Today he resides blankly in an island where he can't spend a day without having to stop a fight.

Last edited:
Name: Sao Kal
Epithet:
Appearance: (private chat)
Personality: a guy throwing a lot of truth bombs, sarcastic jokes and etc
Affiliations: pirate
Role: chef& fighter
Weapons: (Preferably a weaker starting weapon; however, if you write a convincing enough backstory you may include a more powerful weapon like a Wazomono grade sword). Throwing knives , and a gun
Devil Fruit: (Optional, preferably non-canon) Bang Bang fruit
Name: Bang bang fruit ((i can't speak japanese)
Description: (What the fruit looks like) it is shaped like a gun, it us completely grey
Type: (Logia, Paramecia, Zoan) Logia
Powers: turn any part of his body and a type of gun
Weaknesses: (Besides Normal) He cannot summon too many guns, it takes some iron on his body, and after use, leaves metal on the skin . Takes time to take off
How it was acquired: as a kid, he was curious and found the fruit, he ate it like any normal kid would when finding a bizarre looking food
Bangu bangu noGun shot: summons multiple glocks from his fingers and shoots
Bangu bangu no dead pump : makes his arms into shot guns
Bangu bangu no final time : merges his arms and makes a mini gun
BANGU BANGU NO.. ULTIMATE ATTACK, CANNON BOULDER: summons a cannon from his back
Home Island: (can be made up) Samar Island ((made up))
Backstory: to be revealed later
Looks good but it would be a Paramecia, not a logia since it is not an element that he is made of. Also I just would use google translate so it is the Kyoda Kyoda fruit. Finally, I’m going to need at least a bit of a backstory and a more developed personality if you would like to have a character who seems this powerful right off the bat. I would recommend getting rid of his other weapons as he himself is one. Think of having a devils fruit on par with having a mega evolution. It is a very difficult process to get approved as it realistically would be extremely hard to acquire.

Last edited:

Dead account

Looks good but it would be a Paramecia, not a logia since it is not an element that he is made of. Also I just would use google translate so it is the Kyoda Kyoda fruit. Finally, I’m going to need at least a bit of a backstory and a more developed personality if you would like to have a character who seems this powerful right off the bat. I would recommend getting rid of his other weapons as he himself is one. Think of having a devils fruit on par with having a mega evolution. It is a very difficult process to get approved as it realistically would be extremely hard to acquire.
I changed the stuff

Name: Hanwon Song
Epithet: none yet
Appearance: In private chat
Personality: Hanwon’s trademark trait is his perseverance. He is never disheartened from a loss or misfortune and turns it into motivation to improve. Growing up in a family that largely valued intelligence formed him into quite a smart person; however, he never really cared for being smart. While his brains may be viewed by the public as his best attribute, the reality is that he wholeheartedly cares for deeply for others and just wants to help. This quality has motivates many people to rally behind him and join his cause His natural inspirational personality paired with his proficiency in strategizing, quick thinking, and adaptability has made him an extremely capable captain. However, Hanwon has his share of inner demons. Though he hides it well he is plagued with feelings of never doing enough and a general dissatisfaction with anything he does, believing he could have always done more or could have done it better. This leads to self doubt and a constant internal struggle that prevents him from ever doing what is best for himself.
Affiliations: The Summit Pirates
Role: Captain
Weapons: He carries a dagger in a brown leather holster strapped around the middle of his left calf.
Devil Fruit:
Name: Hai-Hai no Mi (Ash-Ash Fruit)
Description: A gray peach
Type: Logia
Powers: The user is made of and can control/manipulate ash.
Weaknesses: Humid or wet areas can make the ash dense and clump together, reducing mobility and not allowing it to ignite. If it is really windy ash he tries to create will be blown around and harder to control.
How it was acquired: A pirate with the power of the Hai-Hai no Mi came to the mountainous village Hanwon grew up in and began pillaging it. Fortunately, a different, friendly, pirate who had been visiting the village was able to quickly defeat the other thanks to his own devil Fruit power, but was forced to kill him when the evil pirate refused to leave peacefully. The closest plant was the peach tree Hanwon had been attempting to grow in his back yard, and the devil manifested itself in the singular peach that grew. Hanwon was young at the time and was thrilled anything had grown at all and went to show his family, offering the fruit to them. They all rejected his offer due to the peaches now gray coloring, so Hanwon, determined to prove his tree had been a success, ate the fruit in front of all of them. Thus, accidentally gaining the powers of the Hai-Hai no Mi.
Techniques:
Gray Walk-He turns his legs into ash and ignites the soles of his feet, allowing him to fly.
Ghost- He turns his entire body into ash, spreading out and becoming almost invisible. He will then be able to quickly regroup somewhere else.
Crumble Arm- He uses ash to extended/enlarge his arm(s). Making powerful gray arms that begin at his elbow.
Ignite- He snaps his fingers and sets some of his ash on fire, the flames from this glow a particular shade of yellow.
Home Island: Mount Piku: An extremely large mountain that is said to begin at the bottom of the ocean. People make their residence near the summit where the tall mountain allows the sun to shine on their fields and farm despite the cold climate.
Backstory: Hanwon was born in a village at the top of Mount Piku where he grew up running around and playing pirates vs marines with his older brother. Everything was happy until a pirate with the power of ash raided the village, killing many. Hanwon’s own father died fighting back, traumatizing him and his brother and effectively ruining their relationship. Hanwon’s brother, Jiwon, grew to hate pirates as he blamed his fathers death on one and vowed to become a marine. Hanwon, on the other hand, grew to admire pirates because it was one who had saved the village, and hated the marines because they had been too late to do the job they were supposed to do. This difference in ideas lead Jiwon to go join the marines once he turned 17, and inspired Hanwon to set out to become a pirate just two years later.

Last edited:
I'm also working on a bio right now. I'm modeling it after yours and using help from the One Piece Wiki- hopefully I'll get it posted in the next couple of days.
Are we starting all on the same crew, or will we start separate and be recruited? I'm asking for the 'affiliation' section.

I'm also working on a bio right now. I'm modeling it after yours and using help from the One Piece Wiki- hopefully I'll get it posted in the next couple of days.
Are we starting all on the same crew, or will we start separate and be recruited? I'm asking for the 'affiliation' section.
Probably start separate and then he recruited unless you guys would prefer something else

I finally finished. If there's anything you'd like me to change, feel free to tell me.
Personality: Arashi has lived a relatively simple life, and his personality reflects this. He isn't one to raise his voice, or to solve anything with violence when there's a clear alternative. In any given situation, he's not necessarily the voice of reason, but rather, a helpful reminder to keep calm. He's a firm believer that anyone can be understood a lot more with only even just one conversation, and he'll gladly go out of his way to get someone who he thinks needs to talk to open up. This can lead to some downsides though, as he can be incredibly gullible, and far too slow to attack when it's clear that something can't be solved with words. He can sometimes even put others in danger with his irrational decisions. When all else fails, though, he's certainly willing to fight however he must to protect his allies.
Affiliations: None at the beginning, but he will most likely join the Summit Pirates very early on in the roleplay.
Weapons: A large trident called Atlaua, as well as a hook attached to a chain that he keeps on his belt.
Techniques:
Barracuda's Thievery-Using his hook to take hold of an enemies weapon, he'll un-arm them, leaving them open to be attacked.
Eel's Fang-Throwing the hook attached to his belt, Arashi catches a far away enemy, pulling them towards him and allowing him to strike with Atlaua.
Gull's Dive-Having reached a higher vantage point with his hook, he jumps down onto an enemy, attacking them with Atlaua, allowing for both a stronger attack, and a less expected one.
Trevally's Leap-Using Atlaua to throw an enemy in the air, Arashi will quickly throw his hook onto them, before pulling them down to the ground, delivering a devastating blow.
Backstory: Arashi was born the child of two pirates, who, seeing themselves unfit to raise a child, left him to be raised by the citizens of Yatakana, the large fishing village where the two pirates were born. The people there were kind to Arashi, teaching him how to swim and telling him about how his parents strive to find the One Piece. Having decided to one day become a pirate, Arashi trained himself to fight using Altaua, the trident that had been passed down in his family for generations. Arashi had planned to depart one the day he turned 17 years of age, but months before that day was to come, it was discovered by the world government that the villages bounty of fish was due to a large a mount of a rare mineral in and around the island. The marines stormed the island, building mines without the village's permission, scaring away a majority of the fish that the village relied on to survive. Meaning to drive the marines off of his island, Arashi departed early in search of anyone who could assist him in saving his village.

I finally finished. If there's anything you'd like me to change, feel free to tell me.
Techniques:
Wow super interesting concept, he’s great! Accepted!

Probably in the next couple days, I gotta try to figure out how to incorporate everyone. Anyone wanna be the first to get recruited?

Name: Oshiro Kunimya
Epithet: N/A
Appearance: (Do you want me to send it to you?)
Personality: Oshiro is a classic attention-seeker in some ways, though his lack of general emotions makes him a bit hard to get to know. Oshi truly enjoys being the center of attention, he's the type of guy who you wouldn't bring places out of fear of him making a scene. The worst part is his cheeky grin, which always spreads across his lips when he knows he's about to start something big and run away before he can get blamed for it. He's really bad at sitting still... really, really bad. The boy runs off of action, and if there is no action to be found he'll create it. Oshiro works best when there is adrenaline pumping through his body, and is especially fond of moments that bring him necessarily close to death. Other than his intense excitement for all things dangerous and dramatic, Oshiro is a fairly shut off person. He doesn't particularly enjoy spending time with or getting to know other people, and he usually had a blank face unless he's doing something fun. One admirable quality that the young-man possesses is bravery like no other. Perhaps stemming from a lack of general feelings, Oshiro has never shown an ounce of fear in any situation. Whether he be at the end of the sword of an opposing pirate, or about to be sucked into a typhoon, Oshiro braces it with the same blank expression up until the moment he sports that mischievous grin once he figures out a way to save himself. Though not much of a team-player, Oshi takes pride in his work. And when given a part to play, he always does it to his very best- or at least he does it until tremendously well it gets boring.
Affiliations: Formerly a musician for a small crew of pirates- currently not affiliated with anyone
Role: Navigator
Weapons: Oshiro weilds a thick, banana shaped piece of wood that many know as a boomerang. His boomerang is fairly large, about 16 inches from one tip to the other. It is made from dark red wood, sanded and polished, and spots a leather pad in the middle that makes it easier for Oshi to weild. Oshiro also carries a flash dial, which he acquired through a most particular trade. Though not exactly purposed for offensive combat, the young pirate will occasionally use his secret-weapon to get out of sticky situations.
Techniques: Due to his flexible and peculiar battle style, Oshiro doesn't have any constant 'techniques'
Home Island: Rakesh, North Blue Region
Backstory: Oshiro grew up in a fairly populated port town, his family was wealthy but busy and he had a fairly normal life. The boy always had a lust for thrill and tended to get himself into trouble growing up, both his parents worked leaving Oshiro to run recklessly through the city most of the time. Oshi was the kid who the other kids would gather around to watch him do daringly stupid things, but he never was much fond of keeping friends around. Even as a young child, Oshiro knew he wasn't going to stay on Rakesh forever- the small island simply couldn't contain him. At the ripe age of 15, Oshiro joined a band of pirates called the Crystal Belief. The crew had paused at the island for repairs, posing as a regular trading vessel while one member went to purchase parts from the market. While the rest of the town was too busy and routine to even think the skull and crossbones on the mast of the ship was odd, Oshiro's curiosity, per usual, got the better of him. Oshiro, never one to turn down a good time, walked aboard the ship with all the courage in the world- and the crew was surprisingly friendly. The more Oshi talked to the crew, the more his lust grew to join them. In the end, without the knowledge or consent of a single person on the island, Oshiro left the island aboard that same ship- under the agreement that he could join the team if he provided free entertainment. Oshiro knew how to play a decent banjo, so he became the ships musician for a little while, but after about a year he realized that the tales he heard were a bit exaggerated. The group rarely did anything cool, and when they did he was always left behind seeing as 'musician' was just a fancy word for cabin-boy. So, one day- just has he had with his home island- Oshiro got up and left without telling anyone. He ended up traveling by himself for a little while, doing nothing in particular except getting into mischief and almost dying a couple of times. Honestly, if you asked him to join your crew- he'd probably say yes. So long as he wasn't the musician.

@Mango137 Just let me know if I need to change anything. I would also love critique from any other RPer, this is my first One Peice RP.

Last edited:
Name: Oshiro Kunimya
Epithet: N/A
Appearance: (Do you want me to send it to you?)
Personality: Oshiro is a classic attention-seeker in some ways, though his lack of general emotions makes him a bit hard to get to know. Oshi truly enjoys being the center of attention, he's the type of guy who you wouldn't bring places out of fear of him making a scene. The worst part is his cheeky grin, which always spreads across his lips when he knows he's about to start something big and run away before he can get blamed for it. He's really bad at sitting still... really, really bad. The boy runs off of action, and if there is no action to be found he'll create it. Oshiro works best when there is adrenaline pumping through his body, and is especially fond of moments that bring him necessarily close to death. Other than his intense excitement for all things dangerous and dramatic, Oshiro is a fairly shut off person. He doesn't particularly enjoy spending time with or getting to know other people, and he usually had a blank face unless he's doing something fun. One admirable quality that the young-man possesses is bravery like no other. Perhaps stemming from a lack of general feelings, Oshiro has never shown an ounce of fear in any situation. Whether he be at the end of the sword of an opposing pirate, or about to be sucked into a typhoon, Oshiro braces it with the same blank expression up until the moment he sports that mischievous grin once he figures out a way to save himself. Though not much of a team-player, Oshi takes pride in his work. And when given a part to play, he always does it to his very best- or at least he does it until tremendously well it gets boring.
Affiliations: Formerly a musician for a small crew of pirates- currently not affiliated with anyone
Role: First Mate
Weapons: Oshiro dual wields two thick machetes which don't seem like the most effective combat weapons at first look. His swords are short, around 11 inches long, and about 7 inches wide, making them both a rather fat appearing piece of metal wrapped onto a red, leather handle. Oshiro also carries a flash dial, which he acquired through a most particular trade. Though not exactly purposed for offensive combat, the young pirate will occasionally use his secret-weapon to get out of sticky situations.
Techniques: Due to his flexible and peculiar battle style, Oshiro doesn't have any constant 'techniques'
Home Island: Rakesh, North Blue Region
Backstory: Oshiro grew up in a fairly populated port town, his family was wealthy but busy and he had a fairly normal life. The boy always had a lust for thrill and tended to get himself into trouble growing up, both his parents worked leaving Oshiro to run recklessly through the city most of the time. Oshi was the kid who the other kids would gather around to watch him do daringly stupid things, but he never was much fond of keeping friends around. Even as a young child, Oshiro knew he wasn't going to stay on Rakesh forever- the small island simply couldn't contain him. At the ripe age of 15, Oshiro joined a band of pirates called the Crystal Belief. The crew had paused at the island for repairs, posing as a regular trading vessel while one member went to purchase parts from the market. While the rest of the town was too busy and routine to even think the skull and crossbones on the mast of the ship was odd, Oshiro's curiosity, per usual, got the better of him. Oshiro, never one to turn down a good time, walked aboard the ship with all the courage in the world- and the crew was surprisingly friendly. The more Oshi talked to the crew, the more his lust grew to join them. In the end, without the knowledge or consent of a single person on the island, Oshiro left the island aboard that same ship- under the agreement that he could join the team if he provided free entertainment. Oshiro knew how to play a decent banjo, so he became the ships musician for a little while, but after about a year he realized that the tales he heard were a bit exaggerated. The group rarely did anything cool, and when they did he was always left behind seeing as 'musician' was just a fancy word for cabin-boy. So, one day- just has he had with his home island- Oshiro got up and left without telling anyone. He ended up traveling by himself for a little while, doing nothing in particular except getting into mischief and almost dying a couple of times. Honestly, if you asked him to join your crew- he'd probably say yes. So long as he wasn't the musician.

@Mango137 Just let me know if I need to change anything. I would also love critique from any other RPer, this is my first One Peice RP.
No complaints, he’s awesome! Definitely accepted!

There is, however, one thing I should address. @Hungry Badass I think since your character has a devil Fruit also it may not make sense for him to be the first mate.

@Barefoot_Kittens @Nintenduck both of your characters would fit great for first mate and I have two ideas that I feel would be great for either one, let me know what you prefer.

Option 1: Arashi is the first mate. After setting out for his adventure in a small boat a seaking attempts to eat Hanwon. Though Hanwon is able to fight off the monster his boat is destroyed and he drowns. Arashi is fishing off shore of his home island and ends up pulling in Hanwon, helping restore him back to consciousness. Hanwon is grateful, tells Arashi he’s a pirate and asks if there is anything he can do to pay him back. Arashi responds that he can help by driving out the marines that are mining the island. I really like this idea because it reminds me of how Luffy met Zoro, however, I am slightly leaning against it as the first arc because it would take a bit of time and it would also be a very good arc after the other two members join as a way to gain bounties for the entire crew

Option 2: Oshiro is first mate. Rather than Hanwon scouting out a first mate, Oshiro is visiting Hanwon’s hometown and after witnessing his powers (through some undecided way) he annoys Hanwon into becoming a pirate captain, with Orshiro claiming it will be easy since he already knows how to do everything from working on a boat. Hanwon accepts and they set off together. While this lacks the story of the other it does allow us to move at a much faster pace to include other rpers in the fastest way possible.

@Mango137 I dont care who becomes first mate. I only gave Oshiro that position because I couldnt figure out any other position that fit him well. We can wait to see if @Nintenduck has a preference, but if not it may be easier for Oshiro to become first mate to start the plot rolling faster and intorduce other characters. It can always change later, right?

I'm creating a character image now. I also completely forgot to describe Oshiro's fighting style. I'll just briefly describe it now- most people would just call it dirty of dishonorable, but he fights with more strategy than force. He tends to just sit and observe for a short while, and then he uses trickery and tacticion againts his opponent; it actually works most of the time. His carefree attitude and lack of offensive ability tends to catch his opponents off guard, giving him the upperhand in the ability of a sneak-attack or something along those lines. He tends to just role with the punches and fights with whatever is given to him.

No complaints, he’s awesome! Definitely accepted!

There is, however, one thing I should address. @Hungry Badass I think since your character has a devil Fruit also it may not make sense for him to be the first mate.

@Barefoot_Kittens @Nintenduck both of your characters would fit great for first mate and I have two ideas that I feel would be great for either one, let me know what you prefer.

Option 1: Arashi is the first mate. After setting out for his adventure in a small boat a seaking attempts to eat Hanwon. Though Hanwon is able to fight off the monster his boat is destroyed and he drowns. Arashi is fishing off shore of his home island and ends up pulling in Hanwon, helping restore him back to consciousness. Hanwon is grateful, tells Arashi he’s a pirate and asks if there is anything he can do to pay him back. Arashi responds that he can help by driving out the marines that are mining the island. I really like this idea because it reminds me of how Luffy met Zoro, however, I am slightly leaning against it as the first arc because it would take a bit of time and it would also be a very good arc after the other two members join as a way to gain bounties for the entire crew

Option 2: Oshiro is first mate. Rather than Hanwon scouting out a first mate, Oshiro is visiting Hanwon’s hometown and after witnessing his powers (through some undecided way) he annoys Hanwon into becoming a pirate captain, with Orshiro claiming it will be easy since he already knows how to do everything from working on a boat. Hanwon accepts and they set off together. While this lacks the story of the other it does allow us to move at a much faster pace to include other rpers in the fastest way possible.

Personally, I think Option 2 works better, since I imagine the Yatakana arc, or whatever we plan to call it, would be a bit llike the Arlong Park arc, being a bit like the finale to the arcs before we head into the Grand Line. Of course, we could have it so that Arashi is the first crew member, but decides that they'll need more hands than just the two of them if they want to drive out the marines. Regardless, I think we should fight at least one enemy/group of enemies before going to Yatakana, perhaps a crew of pirates that's attacking a village. I think it would make sense if Hanwon had one crew member at that point, most likely Oshiro, and met Arashi, Sao, or possibly both during that arc. What I'd like to know, though, is how characters who aren't crew members will be handled in the roleplay. There obviously has to be plenty of characters besides the crew members, but I don't think you've specified whether you'd control all of them, since you're the one who made the roleplay, or if we'd all control some of them.

Personally, I think Option 2 works better, since I imagine the Yatakana arc, or whatever we plan to call it, would be a bit llike the Arlong Park arc, being a bit like the finale to the arcs before we head into the Grand Line. Of course, we could have it so that Arashi is the first crew member, but decides that they'll need more hands than just the two of them if they want to drive out the marines. Regardless, I think we should fight at least one enemy/group of enemies before going to Yatakana, perhaps a crew of pirates that's attacking a village. I think it would make sense if Hanwon had one crew member at that point, most likely Oshiro, and met Arashi, Sao, or possibly both during that arc. What I'd like to know, though, is how characters who aren't crew members will be handled in the roleplay. There obviously has to be plenty of characters besides the crew members, but I don't think you've specified whether you'd control all of them, since you're the one who made the roleplay, or if we'd all control some of them.
That’s a good question! I was planning on rping most all of the NPCs with the exception of the characters you each individually fight. As I’m sure you noticed in OP every member of the crew has a counter part they fight against for each arc, it will be the same here. I think it would work best if we each Rped our characters own counterparts which will allow us to make fights faster, better detailed, and more intense.

@Barefoot_Kittens I like the fighting style. It looks like we will be going with Oshiro finding Hanwon’s hometown and recruiting him so it looks like the honors of making the first post are all yours! I’ll create the rp thread right now!

That’s a good question! I was planning on rping most all of the NPCs with the exception of the characters you each individually fight. As I’m sure you noticed in OP every member of the crew has a counter part they fight against for each arc, it will be the same here. I think it would work best if we each Rped our characters own counterparts which will allow us to make fights faster, better detailed, and more intense.

That's a good idea. I think that'll work really well.

That's a good idea. I think that'll work really well.
Yes! I hope this rp survives!
I hope so! The thread is up! @Hungry Badass @Nintenduck while @Barefoot_Kittens and I work out the intro (hopefully it’ll be quick) feel free to develop your own characters while you wait. Also in your own side stories if you decide to do them it would be great to develop your islands more. @Nintenduck I still need a description of your island.

Edit: here is the link to the thread https://pokecharms.com/threads/one-piece-rp.21456/

So I’m thinking Oshiro grabs Hanwon, they head to Sao’s island where Arashi also is trying to find help. They solve a conflict there, have a minor story on their way to Yatakana, then finally take down the marines at Yatakana. If anyone else joins I’ll incorporate them but otherwise we’ll head to loguetown after that.

Edit: or since Arashi seems a little more like a first mate he could come recruit Hanwon due to his powerful devils Fruit and they could pick up Oshiro and Sao on their way back to Yatakana. (Personally I like this option better).

Dead account

So I’m thinking Oshiro grabs Hanwon, they head to Sao’s island where Arashi also is trying to find help. They solve a conflict there, have a minor story on their way to Yatakana, then finally take down the marines at Yatakana. If anyone else joins I’ll incorporate them but otherwise we’ll head to loguetown after that
Sounds like a plan

So I’m thinking Oshiro grabs Hanwon, they head to Sao’s island where Arashi also is trying to find help. They solve a conflict there, have a minor story on their way to Yatakana, then finally take down the marines at Yatakana. If anyone else joins I’ll incorporate them but otherwise we’ll head to loguetown after that

Why would they go to Loguetown? I thought the roleplay took place in the North Blue.