• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS [Old] Standard Battle Rules - The Default for all battles on Pokecharms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
You can, because they're not the same species or in the same evolution chain.

For the most part of this rule-set, I have to ask, why? :/

What is so bad about Skarmory and Blissey on one team? I don't see why just because newer players think it's 'broken' and can't figure out how to predict and break through such a combination means it should be banned. Surely people can figure out ways of breaking through walls.

Why are you limiting the number of certain Pokémon per team? A lot of them don't even need to be included because they're poor Pokémon. Just because they're 'legendaries' doesn't mean they're all-that.

Spiritomb may not have a weakness, but it's easily 2HKOed by a lot of Pokémon, it'd be easier to take down if you weren't so busy banning everything you don't like.

Wobbuffet is easily more 'Uber' than the likes of Regigigas, Cresselia and Heatran (which definitely should not be on the banned list).

Honestly, if you want to 'differ from Smogon' for whatever reason, other than simply being different, I'd still suggest you think about things logically. Banning or limiting everything remotely strong isn't the right thing to do IMO. I think you'd be better off just using the Official Nintendo Rules if you don't want to go for more tried and tested competitive rules.

If a lot of people complain or are 'sick' of seeing the same OU Pokémon, why not play UU?

Just a suggestion, thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Not all of these rules are to stop broken teams - a lot of them are just to promote diversity and aim for people to use different Pokemon than the standard - as you say - overused pokemon. This is not a competitive battling website and I know I and most of the others around here just want to have enjoyable battles that are more interesting than the standard teams you will find on Shoddy or Netbattle or whatever.

We don't really enforce any of these - they're just guidelines. If people don't want to follow them, there's no impetus to - just so long as they point out they're following their own ruleset.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Because someone asked me to bring the Lucario issue back up.. I do believe we've reached a general consensus, Alex :p

For restricting Lucario
Ruko
Pheonix
Reina Carmen
Silver Magpie
King of Lucario
Linkachu
Jet

Not for restricting Lucario
Luigi
SerciShino [who is now banned]
DoctorOak

Not sure how much your vote counts for since you -are- the one in charge, but as of now it's 7-3, counting SerciShino.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Phione has lower base stats, even with training defensively, it's not too hard to KO in two hits... so no Phione shouldn't also be banned.

KoL and I just did some testing based on a Rotom theory I had... Shaymin shouldn't be banned from wifi use because Sky forme can't be used one wifi. As soon as you connect to the room with a Sky Forme Shaymin in your party, it reverts to land forme.

The entire reason it was voted banned anyway was for Serene Grace in sky forme as well as increased speed and offensive power.

As a note, this is true for even Platinum to Platinum battles, not just Platinum to Pearl or Platinum to Diamond.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It isn't banned, and it never will be. It's just restricted.

Also, as long as you clarify beforehand, you don't have to use these rules for battles here. They're more of a "by default" thing than something you absolutely have to follow.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Maybe if you'd read through the thread, you'd have found out that Skarmory/Blissey is one of the best defensive combinations in the game.

For double-posting, terrible grammar and asking a question that had already been answered in this thread, you get a warning. Read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.