• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS [Old] Standard Battle Rules - The Default for all battles on Pokecharms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Yeah, finally got around to typing this up. Basically, these are the default rules for battles that take place through Pokecharms, if you do not state a ruleset specifically for a tournament or battle that you have set up then you will be expected to follow this one (or the competitive rules when they're established) - There is no real enforcement of following these rules to the letter, but if you're not going to use all aspects then please make it clear when organising battles through this forum.

If you don't want to use these rules in a tournament or battle, please draw up your own and post them in the topic.

This ruleset is based off the official Japan Pokemon League 2007 Tournament ruleset but with some inclusions put in place by popular consent within the community for promoting diversity in teams:

• No more than one Pokemon of each species on a team
  • No more than one of each item
  • No Soul Dew
  • A tie is equivalent to a loss for both players
  • No Hax'd Pokemon. Pokemon with attacks that they simply cannot learn, or abilities that they cannot have, or with hax'd stats will see you disqualified

The Following Pokemon are completely banned and should not be used at all:

• All forms of Deoxys
  • Groudon
  • Kyogre
  • Rayquaza
  • Ho-Oh
  • Lugia
  • Mew
  • Mewtwo
  • Dialga
  • Palkia
  • Regigigas
  • Giratina
  • Cresselia
  • Heatran
  • Manaphy
  • Darkrai
  • Arceus

Out of the following Pokemon, you are allowed only one of these on your team:

• Articuno
  • Zapdos
  • Moltres
  • Entei
  • Suicune
  • Raikou
  • Regirock
  • Regice
  • Registeel
  • Azelf
  • Uxie
  • Mespirit
  • Celebi
  • Phione
  • Shaymin
  • Jirachi
  • Latios
  • Latias
  • Snorlax
  • Dragonite
  • Tyranitar
  • Metagross
  • Salamence
  • Garchomp
  • Spiritomb
  • Blissey
  • Lucario

In addition, you cannot combine the following Pokemon onto the same team:

• Blissey
  • Skarmory

Also, you can only use up to two of these Pokemon in your team:

• Venusaur
  • Charizard
  • Blastoise
  • Meganium
  • Typhlosion
  • Feraligatr
  • Sceptile
  • Blaziken
  • Swampert
  • Torterra
  • Infernape
  • Empoleon

DISCONNECTING

If you deliberately disconnect from a battle because you are losing, you are liable to be reported. Even if it is just a crappy connection that disconnects you, whoever was winning at the time you are disconnected will be declared the winner of the match.

I'll leave this topic open for now in case I've forgotten anything and someone wants to remind me of it to add it in.

[size=20pt]Updates:[/size]

24/05/2008: Manaphy banned from regular play, Shaymin bumped down to restricted play (for now) and Jirachi added to restricted following general consensus.

Not a bad set of rules, though I'd like to make two suggestions -

The limit of starters raised to two (as some people like using them).
The limit of items raised to two per.

Good rules, except you left out one important detail. Battlers should discuss what the terms of the battle should be. And there should be a thread or somthing that is a place where people can discuss somthing like that. Finally it should be noted that all these rules are more like guidelines than concrete rules. Just remember that...

Why cant you use Mew when you can use Jirachi and Celibi their are as equaly as hard to get and Mews stats arnt very powerful anyway Good rules

Why cant you use Mew when you can use Jirachi and Celibi their are as equaly as hard to get and Mews stats arnt very powerful anyway Good rules

this is sort of a point,from what i've read especially celebi can be an incredibly powerful leecher,and though i havn't looked through movesets with jirachi i'm guessing with diamonds new additions it could be a threat with paralysis and flinching put together

overall it sounds fair, but I myself can't blame people for using any strategy that can be used if it involves non legendary pokemon. I guess if I were to follow those guidelines, I would have to either cut dragonite or garchomp off of my team. oh well, I guess I will just ask for it to be ok every battle I have with someone on here.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Gonna bump up the starters to 2 per team as per popular demand - but the items will remain the same as that is an official Pokemon League rule.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Me likes. No complaints considering that most of these are the same as the official League rules. The starter limit is great idea, too.

And yeah, Mew might have the same stats as the other "cute" unobtainables, but it's definitely the most versatile. In that way, it really isn't in the same league as them, so banning it from official Charms tournaments is fair.

Can't wait to see some tournaments start up =)

Heya.... I wanna battle somebody-- or trade my riolu for charmander... thnx
2d9b72e3f98ae3fa5653a37e19de401c.png

Oh too bad. I wanted to make a Dragon team (Dragonite,Garchomp,Salamenc,Charizard,Gyarados,Tyranitar), but I see its banned. Guess it was too good.

QUESTION: I dont get it, whats so good about having a Skarmory and Blissey in the same team??

Oh too bad. I wanted to make a Dragon team (Dragonite,Garchomp,Salamenc,Charizard,Gyarados,Tyranitar), but I see its banned. Guess it was too good.

QUESTION: I dont get it, whats so good about having a Skarmory and Blissey in the same team??

Its only banned where rules arn't stated.If you want to use an all Dragon Team you have to be sure that it will be allowed by the other player.These are merely defaults

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Rotom isn't a Legendary, unlike what most people think. So no, its not banned or forbidden.

someone's probably gonna come in a turnament with

lvl 100 charmeleon, lvl 100 charizard, lvl 100 quilava, lvl 100 combucken, lvl 100 monferno, lvl 100 Blaziken

that is what my lineup actually is.

no more than one of each species prevents you from having say 6 lvl 100 charizards. charizard and charmeleon are diferent species. and I wifi battle my cuz who has a mirrored team with the water starters. and my record with him is 20 wins - 1 loss - 0 ties.I'll pm you how I do it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
no more than one of each species prevents you from having say 6 lvl 100 charizards. charizard and charmeleon are diferent species. and I wifi battle my cuz who has a mirrored team with the water starters. and my record with him is 20 wins - 1 loss - 0 ties.I'll pm you how I do it.

No, Oak meant species as in lines, so your team would not be allowed. Arguing over the wording is futile since they're his rules :p

Besides, a team with Charizard and Charmeleon sounds incredibly boring to me, but each to their own, eh? XD

this probably isnt the reason, but there is this guy, marriland, he has a pokemon website, which is very extensive, all pokemon dex info, video walk thru's a stat calculator, well anyway he also put up some vids of him battling other people on wifi and hes got a blissy and a skaramory and he is probably one of the best battlers i've ever seen, but he also has a gengar, a garchomp, a salamence and a level 1 rattata i think. and of course hes banned here but the vids are cool to watch, but each one is a wall for either def and sp. def

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Why's he banned here? o.O

And yes. The Skarmory/Blissey combo is nothing new in the meta game, and it's something a lot of people find annoying... and something I take it Oak personally finds annoying. And that's why they're banned from standard Charms-based comps.

There's One thing I'm not Clear On...
no more than one Pokemon can be frozen - unless caused by random effects (such as being frozen by Ice Beam or Blizzard)
Now... My question is, How would they get frozen withought being hit with Ice Beam or Blizzard in the first place? the only way to freeze a pokemon is through random effects anyways, so this specific rule is Kinda pointless, Maybe??

There's One thing I'm not Clear On... Now... My question is, How would they get frozen withought being hit with Ice Beam or Blizzard in the first place? the only way to freeze a pokemon is through random effects anyways, so this specific rule is Kinda pointless, Maybe??

i'm guessing its aimed more directly at blissy and starmie,who can get serene grace to increase its proc chance.

K

KyuuSetSuki

So lemmie get this straight, if i were to battle someone in here, i couldent use more then 1 form of EEVEE?

Yup.Thats exacly it.[quote author=Linkachu]
No, Oak meant species as in lines, so your team would not be allowed.
[/quote]
Thats why i only use espeon.

??? ??? ???Why can't you have the item soul dew you are allowed to use latios or latias so whats the point? ??? ??? ???

I would think that the Eevees would count as different species since they are so radically different from one another.

But if I'm wrong thats fine.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Eevee counts the same as every Pokemon counts. You can't use more than one part of an Evolution line in your team.

Of course, you don't have to follow these rules. You just have to tell the person you're battling that you are using your own rules. These are defaults so that everyone can be on the same page to begin with.

??? ??? ???Why can't you have the item soul dew you are allowed to use latios or latias so whats the point? ??? ??? ???

Soul Dew breaks Latios. Hence it cannot be used.

Hi im new here , plus im new to pke diamond and pearl , i havent got it yet in other words , getting it soon , anyway im a true pokefan ether since the very 1st episode so if any questions just ask me ok?

[move]COME ON![/move]
So many rules, that basically destroy my team and strategy.
O well, your the boss i guess.
Wait! I have another team.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Status
Not open for further replies.