• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official SSB Brawl Thread

there's this new gaming store in town, and apparently I was the first one to pre-order the game (they had a little trouble creating a file or whatever they use for reserved copies...so anyways, I'm getting it on the 9th, then going home and playing it with 1 or 2 of my friends, and most likely this 4th grader and a 2nd grader (mom's taking care of them for the day) but they're the little ones that I don't hate, so all is good :D and one can do pretty well with the swordsmen of past games, so I figure everyone will just be doing rotation on g-cube controllers...

ya so I finally got brawl and it's pretty fun! I invited Marine Milotic over and we played for like 5 hours XD we always do team match ups against the comps. The thing is she's always pit and I'm always peach so we came up with the team quote "double p and peach's pit" cause Peaches have pits XD

anyway I love Peach in this game she's more perky and kawaii X3 especially love her final smash and dancing taunt "lalalalala la".

Hoping to get me internet reconnected with my wii tomorrow so I can go try the online.

I don't know if we're allowed to discuss hidden characters in here yet... but everyone know's Snake is in it so.. I'll say this. I've been absolutely wrecking with Snake over Random Wi-fi. X3

The thing is Snake is pretty hard to use (thats what all my friends tell me) but I've already mastered him and got all the timings almost perfect for his moves. =3 Hopefully i'll get to fight some of you over Wi-fi some day and show you.

well I just managed to get online and I have to say that it's pretty cool X3The first two bawls I had moved really slow but then after that the speed was fine.

The team battles were ok its just that since you need 4 players, it can take awhile to get started.

Also my friend code is up, so add me people X3 and message me if you do so then I can see what yours is and add you too ;)

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
It sucks that Nintendo wouldn't follow Bungie's example and let you do this up-front, but GTCoder on SmashBoards threw together a program (not all that complicated, I'd imagine) to convert the .bin format that the Brawl Snapshots are saved as to .jpgs for use in... well, anything you want. Basically, it means you can make the Snapshot function of Brawl that bit more useful now.

The program is here. It's a bit rough, but simple enough to figure out what you need to do. Obviously, you're going to need an SD card - but who doesn't have one or two of those floating around somewhere nowadays anyway?

Also, someone's dug out the tracks cut from SSBB's soundtrack and pieced them back together using their original games' music. These are the tracks that fill the gaps like the Mario rips going from A10 to A13, so you can use these to plug those up - though they may not be exactly as they originally were before being dropped for whatever reason depending on whether the tracks were changed for Brawl or not. (Probably not though).

well I just managed to get online and I have to say that it's pretty cool X3The first two bawls I had moved really slow but then after that the speed was fine.

The team battles were ok its just that since you need 4 players, it can take awhile to get started.

Also my friend code is up, so add me people X3 and message me if you do so then I can see what yours is and add you too ;)

Yeah sometimes the Team Battles can take like 5-10 minutes, but you do have plenty of time to come up with interesting strategies (especially aerial combos etc)

I hate the lag that randomly shows up though... seriously i was sitting there for like 3 minutes one time because someone had a crappy connection and nobody was moving. (and i know it wasnt just me because when it came back everyone was still at the same damage and same spots so i guess the server just froze for everyone or somethin. >_< )