• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official SSB Brawl Thread

.::Super Smash Bros. Brawl::.

[SemEdit]
Mmk, totally re-doing this main post, posting up and new and relevant info. Note that this is stuff not yet on the Dojo, and I will not post stuff from the Dojo, since I think hardly any of you need reminding that Mario is in the game too.

It shouldn't even NEED to be said but, yes, for the idiots... SPOILERS! >>

-------

New Characters:
-Marth
-Mr. Game and Watch
-Luigi
-Falco
-Ganondorf
-R.O.B (Not Starfox R.O.B >>)
-Captain Falcon
-Cell Shaded Link (Screens currently have the name as Toon Link)
-Wolf (Starfox character for those with no clue, surprised he got in over Krystal. o.o)
Lucario, Ness, and Jigglypuff we know are in but here they are anyway.

with that and with who we know already, that's the full roster.

Stages:
-Stage based off the classic Mario Bros, no updated look.
-Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
-Tetra's Ship (Wind Waker)
-Port Town (F-Zero)
-Spear Pillar (Diamond/Pearl)
-Luigi's Mansion (Luigi's Mansion :p)
-Electroplankton stage
-Also a Game and Watch level of some sort.
-Big Blue from Melee returns.

Items:

Assist Trophies/Pok

Cheers for all that work. To be honest I've not checked the main game site for this, so it's quite handy having all the pictures here. I wonder if anyone would buy a Wii just to play this.

i just might--if i don't buy a computer for SCII instead. a wii would be a better game system, whereas a computer is far more versatile....what do you think?

i can't wait for SSBB =]

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I wonder if anyone would buy a Wii just to play this.

If I hadn't already bought one, I would've ;)

You missed the composer list, which is definitely a notable mention for SSBB. Just look at that line-up of names. Pretty much all of my top favourite gaming composers - minus two or three - are included, and some of them have never even worked on a Nintendo game before.

Otherwise... there's not much else for me to say about this right now aside from the fact that I've been dying to play it ever since it was originally announced. I'm eager to see what other new characters are included and which older ones are replaced, and just how expanded the adventure mode actually is.

Anyone else find the fact that you'll be able to play with any one of four different kinds of control intriguing? ^^

The cracker launcher looks very fun lol

I wanna see the rest of the characters too (kinda hoping peach comes back) So far for characters, I like pit.

Looks like some fields background scenery will change, judging by the pics,

Yeah, I'll try to add some more stuff later on guys...I'm a bit busy.

But yeah, I did notice the composers and the four different ways to play (I'll probably stay w/ the GCC or the Wii controller).

That Volt Tackle looks intriguing. I think it'll be one of the more powerful Final Smashes, because of how it works.

And I pretty much bought my Wii after I heard of SSBB and PBR, which was a few months ago.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, I'll try to add some more stuff later on guys...I'm a bit busy.

I know the feeling ;p

Anyways, I'm not sure which controller style I'd use... guess I'd need to see first how they're all set up. I like the GCN controller, but it'll depend on how the Wiimote/Wiimote + Nunchuk works. The Classic Controller is a solid piece of work, too... even if it does seem a bit flat.

The Final Smashes all look cool so far. I plan to try out everyone's at least once :)

Omg Peach, Peach she's...she's In a clip and a video... but they haven't confirmed her of being an actual character...but on wiki it marks her off as being playable in brawl 6_9

Please let her be playable please! she's my favourite character >

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Why? Only because IKE FROM FIRE EMBLEM: PATH OF RADIANCE IS IN THE F***ING GAME!!! AS A USABLE CHARACTER, TOO, NOT AN ASSIST! However, in contrast, Deoxys isn't a playable character, but a Pokeball character. However, the good news just enthralls the bad news. So forum nazis and admins, let me say this: HOLY F***ING S**T DUDE! I MEAN, THIS IS F***ING AWESOME! NOT JUST ANY AWESOME, BUT BUTT-F***ING MOTHERF***ING AWESOME!

You do realize that we don't ban sensible swearing, eh? Although whether this could be considered 'sensible' is left to debate :p

Anyways, I don't actually know who Ike is (aside from being a FE charrie), and the name just makes me want to kick him, but it's cool to see more new characters popping up. As for Peach, I'd say she's a given to be included, even if they haven't 'officially' unveiled her yet.

SSBB at Christmas... this is gonna be a good one ^^

Anyways, I don't actually know who Ike is (aside from being a FE charrie), and the name just makes me want to kick him, but it's cool to see more new characters popping up. As for Peach, I'd say she's a given to be included, even if they haven't 'officially' unveiled her yet.
My guess is Ike is in to please the fans of Marth and Roy, without having to fill the roster with more returners. (Something Sakurai wanted to avoid, I believe.)

SSBB at Christmas... this is gonna be a good one ^^
I was reeeeeally hoping Dec 3, or at least the same week, would be a worldwide release. Oh well.

*looks at today's update*

OH GOD NO!!

C'mon, a non-direct combat character? It's just so very wrong.

On the other hand, a 2 to 4-way Pokemon battles could be fun.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The Pokemon Trainer character is made of ultimate win purely because you get to play as Charizard. It's just a pity you can't stay as Charizard the entire match.

Holy crap, I had to check to see if it was true...Pokemon Trainer! It's kinda nice to see that the starters are in the game. I wonder what relationship he'll have with Pikachu in the Subspace Embassy...

When I saw that, I immediately thought of Tristan's exclamation in Yu-Gi-Oh: the Abridged Series, which I believe goes something like, "Holy [bleeeeeeeep] on a [bleeeeeeep-bleeeeeeep] sandwich! With a side order of [bleeeeeeeeeeeep]!"

You can stay as Charizard. It's just that you'll be easier to knock out doing so.

Actually, I believe its attacks get weaker, not its defense.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'd say you won't be a difficult foe unless you figure out how to use all three forms to their fullest. Seems to be the point of the character in my eyes.

Anyways, each update on that website is filled with win. Nintendo seems to be pulling out all the stops with this SSBB website and the Metriod Prime 3 channel. I wonder if this sort of advertising will become more common-place with them in this generation?

Regardless... three Pokemon in one? That's

Shall we speculate on the Pokemon's moves? (Yes, I'm warming to the concept.)

Down-B as switch, Neutral-B as Razor Leaf/Water Gun/Flamethrower, Up-B as Solarbeam/Hydro Pump/Seismic Toss, Side-B as, erm, no idea.

I'm thinking the moves will be based on how they appear in the anime, thus giving the Up-Bs a mini-jump.

Shall we speculate on the Pokemon's moves? (Yes, I'm warming to the concept.)

Down-B as switch, Neutral-B as Razor Leaf/Water Gun/Flamethrower, Up-B as Solarbeam/Hydro Pump/Seismic Toss, Side-B as, erm, no idea.
Hey:How about Vine Whip/Waterfall/Flare Blitz.For > or < + B.Still a great concept.

I imagine Charizard will be able to fly/hover, like Kirby and JigglyPuff. I also think their moves will be fairly similar, but they will have different stats:

Squirtle - Speedy, but low defensive and offensive power
Ivysaur - Balanced speed, defense, and offense
Charizard - Slow, but high defensive and offensive power

AWESOME! Go pokemon trainer, and pikachu! Lol in melee my fave character is pikachu(and he's my best character now). The only new character I don't like is the zero suit Samus. She looks like a bounty hunter Barbie!!!

*Stupid chuckle*

Her Final Smash makes her clothes fall off...

*Stupid chuckle*

Does it really? *Shudders*

Pit looks supremely awesome. I'd never seen him before this thread(And Gamespot), and I am pleasantly surprised.
Link, as always, looks like he will be the one I use the most. I really stink with him on Melee since I started using Roy, though. ^_^

Ahh, thanks for clearing that creepy image out of my mind, G M. xD

I hope Zero Suit Samus' doesn't make her Zero Suit come off! AGH, the thought, it burns!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Looks like I'm going to use what I usually use in the Super Smash Bros series: Pikachu, or Fox. I might use Zelda, for once, or Kirby, but I think I'm still going to use Fox the most. Why do they have a Pokemon Trainer? That's just kind of wierd. What, does he just stand in the background or something? And how does he take damage?

Edit: And we FINALLY get a Wario, though I'm not too happy or ecstatic about having one. I mean, we already had Mario, Peach and Luigi, but where's Daisy, Wario and Waluigi? (Ho do you spell their names?) And now we have Wario, but we still nead Daisy and Waluigi...

zerosuit_samus.jpg
BarbieFeverLRG.jpg

Zero suit Samus=bounty hunter Barbie, HIDEOUS!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I consider Yoshi a dinosaur, too, but then he'd still be a 'magic dinosaur' by Super Mario World standards (ie. he can breath fire, fly, etc.). Dragons are generally associated with magic in general, tho, so I could understand people calling him one... And sweet! I just saw his Final Smash and it's pretty cool. Here I'm talking about his flying and fire breathing... and there it is ^^

Not just that, Diddy Kong has arrived! I saw that one coming, but it's sure to piss off Oak XD

Can't wait to see what the Final Smash for the Pokemon trainer will be. It'd be neat if all three Pokemon come out for a short period of time :)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
TBA saw this one coming, and I can't say I disagreed =D

Our newest challenger:

lucas.jpg

"The youth with the psychic powers has appeared—it's Lucas! He makes his anticipated debut from the Japan-only release MOTHER 3.

While he is timid in nature, he fights splendidly. Is it possible he can surpass even Ness?!"

The words "Japan-only release" really depress me ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't be too depressed; Fire Emblem was Japan-only at that point. Plus, they've started bringing Japan-only games to the VC as well, and there's nothing that says that they can't put GBA games on there.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
You continue to give me hope, TBA, whether its misplaced or not ;)

Either way, I'm interested to see what attacks Lucas will have. That'll probably be revealed tomorrow or so ^^

Either way, I'm interested to see what attacks Lucas will have.

So am I. I have a hunch about one of them, though; in M3, there's an item, the Made-U-Look, that turns enemies around. The last picture of Lucas on the site, the one with him and Kirby, makes me think of that.

I want one of his attacks to be "Hey! Look over there!" soooo badly. P:

Me

*Raises hand too*

Anyways, thoughts on Snake and the Final Smash for Pokemon Trainer?
Personally, I think the smash is a little extreme, usins their strongest attack, and all three. I was thinking of him bringing out a Legendary Pokemon or spawn a whole bunch of Pokeblass for him to use.