• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official SSB Brawl Thread

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
We won't see any Lucario screens, not until the guide or game release anyway.

We were not meant to know about this. About an hour after the video with thsoe screens in was released, it was pulled offline and edited so that Lucario etc were not visible. Luckily someone picked up on it.

I realize all of that, and am not really expecting anything anytime soon - just anticipating it.

Once the game is released on the 31, I suspect Dojo will start putting up more information about the remaining hidden characters. There'd really be no point for them not to since most everyone online will already know.

As for the final number of hidden characters... 48 is floating around now, but with the current amount of revealed characters and those assumed/leaked, we're still only at 32 (Gannondorf, Capt. Falcon, Jigglypuff, Lucario, Ness, and Mr. Game and Watch). 33 if you add Mewtwo. That's still a fair jump to 48, so I can't say I'm not skeptic...

That lucario news really has got my Brawl juices flowing! He/she seems like a really interesting character to play as. Any thoughts on its moves? Aura sphere has got to be the 'b' move!?
Wooot wooot!
:]

You know, that 'Ness' Could easily be the Pokemon Trainer. It looks the right shape. And ZOMG!!! Lucario :D
Sounds pretty frookin awsome.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
They are 2 different sprites.

The picture with Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Lucario has the Pokemon Trainer.

The other one, with the highlighted sticker being Claus from mother, shows Ness and Lucas. Not the Pokemon Trainer. So yeah, Ness IS confirmed.

I knew about Lucario and Jiggly being out, but I haven't heard of Ness being back until just now...I wonder if Ness will have a different Final Smash, and if so, what will it be?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
NESS is going to be out!? That would be awesome, as I think a cap looks better than Lucas's hairstyle.

And Kingie already told me about Lucario and Jiggly coming out somewhere else, but I still have to say that I'm surprised.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Ness confuses me. Lucas is Ness from Melee, so surely they've got to give Ness a completely new moveset to avoid the dreaded clones problem?

I'm sure it will keep the Ness fanboys happy though. All three of them.

so surely they've got to give Ness a completely new moveset to avoid the dreaded clones problem?

It can be done quite easily; I made one yesterday to prove a point to someone who said pretty much the exact same thing. :p

A-attacks stay the same; aside from the bat, we know Lucas doesn't share these with Ness.

B: PSI Flash Omega. Ness creates a brilliant burst of light in front of him. It can have one of a number of effects on whoever it hits: make it so their attacks hit less, screw with their controls, slow their movements, or simply cause damage. Ness can charge this move to make the effects last longer (or cause more damage, as the case may be).
B-Up: PSI Teleport Beta. Ness darts in a direction, controlled by the player, leaving a streak of fire past him (see the Melee intro for reference). Both the trail and Ness hurt foes.
B-Down: Shield Beta. Ness creates a shield out of psychic energy in the form of a wall in front of him. If the shield's hit by a melee attack, it causes the foe the same amount of damage that Ness would have taken; projectiles are just reflected straight out.
B-Across: PSI Hypnosis Alpha. Ness fires an orb of psychic energy that glows brilliantly in a straight line in front of him. When it hits a foe, the foe takes mild damage and falls asleep. If the foe is in the air, then they just begin to freefall.

Final Smash: PSI Rockin' Omega. A trippy display of psychic ability, filled with psychedelic colors. Ness focuses and a wave of psychic energy slams down from the top of the screen in the center of the field, followed by two on either sides of that coming from the bottom of the screen.

Hopefully, Sakurai doesn't go the easy route and makes Ness a clone. He needs more of his own moves, dammit. :p

I have to say i have seen the images before but i didnt see ness. I am wondering if this is real because i searched everywhere in the SSB:B site and hae yet to find it

I have to say i have seen the images before but i didnt see ness. I am wondering if this is real because i searched everywhere in the SSB:B site and hae yet to find it

It was on Wii.com last night...Nintendo released a how to play video, and the screens appeared near the end...from what I hear, Nintendo pulled it out when they realized what they had done, but so many people had seen it...

And as for Ness, he was in a seperate screen, under the Claus sticker...

OHH i wish i had seen the video. This adds a new charater to my " the poeople i will usualy play as list" I am glad for this mistake I just hope they dont edit the whole game because of it

And how mcu cooler is Brawl now? With Lucario in the game. And the annoying puffball and kid with a bat. It's all good. I'm still hoping Falco will be in the game.

Anywho, what's Lucario's Final Smash gonna be?

And how mcu cooler is Brawl now? With Lucario in the game. And the annoying puffball and kid with a bat. It's all good. I'm still hoping Falco will be in the game.

My guess is either Dark Pulse or an Aura Sphere barrage...

And yes, Falco should return decloned...but I'd rather see Krystal...

It might be a long shot, but maybe something close to the film it was in. Something about blue arura, like the screen changes colour/tone etc and Lucario can pick them off then. Who knows? as I think Aura sphere will be his 'b' move. Still cannae wait to see it!
:]

I just noticed that King Dee can Inhale like kirby, I wonder if it actually allows him to take the opponents b move like kirby, or if it just inhales so he can shoot them out...

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Gentlemen, we has an Intro!

In case this is actually real (which I see no reason for it not to be - a lot of the scenes in here have never been seen before ANYWHERE), then Marth is still in and so is, officially, Ness.

No sign of Lucario and Jigglypuff anywhere, though. >>;

Gentlemen, we has an Intro!

In case this is actually real (which I see no reason for it not to be - a lot of the scenes in here have never been seen before ANYWHERE), then Marth is still in and so is, officially, Ness.

No sign of Lucario and Jigglypuff anywhere, though. >>;

Wow...that was pretty awesome...and I'm sure we'll get video proof of Luc and Jiggs soon :)

Now, about today's update...*throws Sakurai off a cliff* [size=10pt]You must recover!![/size]

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Theres so many pictures now, I cant link them all. Heres some basic info.

Marth, Ness, Luigi, Game And Watch, Captain Falcon, Lucario are all playable, unlocked via the SSE.

Snake and Lucario team up! Lucario finds Snake under a box.

Shiek and Fox drink tea on a boat sailed by Mr G&W O_o

Luigi seems to have a Mansion related FS. G&Ws is a squid, Falco and Ness have clones of Fox and Lucas, respectively.

Ridley is a boss.

Gannondorf has appeared in a cut scene, but no where else as yet.

After unlocking all the character mentioned above, the story completion is still only 48%

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Also going add in Falco for you Nem, since you forgot him. *hears Plapti screaming in the distance.*

Oooooh I likes the intro. And I must say, my apologies Nem, I didn't look carefully at both pics. I see now, that it is true that Ness is in. Although I cant say I'm happy about it. I always thought he was the crappiest character in the game, except of course for the Ice Climbers.

abde7b106396c7748a11ddc10a06d0108ee.jpg

Just in case nobody's seen yet. I'm a little behind on the Brawl news, though, so I doubt it.
So yeah, I'd say a 35-character roster is more likely than... 48? Is that our magic number?

These are just rumours and speculation, but the final character is supposed to be a "Wolf" of some kind. So either Sniper Wolf from MGS, Wolf Link from TP, or Star Wolf from Star Fox 64. Or maybe Crystal/Krystal/whatever the hell that thing's name is, if she's supposed to be a wolf? A Star Fox character is probably the most likely; if the final character goes between Dedede and Lucario, then it divides the columns into franchises.
Mario, Mario spinoffs, Zelda, oldschool Nintendo, Kirby (plus Olimar), Star Fox (plus Falcon), Pokemon, Fire Emblem and Mother, miscellaneous.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Judging from that picture, and the SSE save file data, I'd agree that after Wolf is added (which, considering that Celda Link was accurate, is most likely accurate, too) we'll have our full line-up. A bit different than I was expecting, but not too much. I'm just happy to have finally been able to catch a glimpse of Lucario in all his Brawlly-glory ^^

But by chance anyone hasn't: Random Lucario/Metaknight/Snake pic

Judging from that picture, and the SSE save file data, I'd agree that after Wolf is added (which, considering that Celda Link was accurate, is most likely accurate, too) we'll have our full line-up. A bit different than I was expecting, but not too much. I'm just happy to have finally been able to catch a glimpse of Lucario in all his Brawlly-glory ^^

Ok, after checking out all those images, I am totally pumped for the subspace embassy mode!!!!!!!!!!!! X3

I'm also actually really happy that alot of the melee characters came back (lol, it's the nostalgia bringing back memories)

I'm quite happy aboout the roster too, though I was expecting a few more new characters but I'm not complaining ^^.

Wow...good find...I'd usually say Photoshop, but there's no way it's a shop this time :D...I guess the Lucario haters are just getting salt rubbed in their wounds now ;D...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Mmk, editted the main post of this thread with some stuff just so you know, so check that often since we'll be updated it as the info comes.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Posted this on the main page, but anyway...

So, after all the months of waiting, we know the full roster for Super Smash Brothers Brawl. For those of you who don

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Amen, Nem. Well said.

In the end, spoilers are spoilers. We chose to dig into them, thus we have to face the consequences that the shock-factor - which would've existed otherwise - is now gone. It's like knowing all the Sinnoh Pokemon before playing D/P. All these idiots saying "I'm not buying the game now - it sucks!" can go stand in a sound-proofed box for all I care. Nothing has changed (aside from certain rumors being proved wrong). It's still jam-packed with so much stuff it puts Melee to shame - many, many times over.

Anyways, I'm just waiting on the move sets for Ness, Falco, Wolf, Toon Link, Gannondorf, and ... I think that's it (all the characters with clone-potential). The fact that even WOLF shares the same FS as Fox/Falco disturbs me. It just seems like a cop out =/

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The could be clones are, unfortunately, definitely clones.

Young Link changing into Toon Link is perfectly excusable though. And definitely worth it. I'm a bit miffed at Wolf O'Donnel though. I don't really get his purpose since he's just a normal clone of Fox (again) and isn't even in there for storyline reasons considering he's nothing to do with the SSE mode.

Should have been Krystal for a third StarFox character imo.

I think the roster looks awesome. And to be honest, Nintendo put so much time into the Story mode, I think its probably going to be one of the best things on their.

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Apparently, Wolf is less of a clone than Falco. Though his B moves are similar, but behave differently, his A moves are completely new, unlike Falco.

Toon Link seems to be a complete clone, shame, he needed a Deku Leaf and Skull hammer. No idea about his FS yet. Ness and Lucas seem to be more or less identical.

Oh, well that sucks :| You'd think with all the time Ninty have had, and not to mention the delay again that they would have time to make unique characters. 9.9

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
With bringing in the clones afterall, it makes me wonder if Mewtwo being dropped is purely down to people bitching about the fact a Legendary Pokemon wasn't actually capable of wiping out every other character by blinking.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Any chance of some links to gameplay vids of the new stages/characters/final smashes? I've seen a short, blurry clip of R.O.B. in action and wouldn't mind seeing more to see how he plays. More to the point, SPEAR PILLAR?!

Yes Sem, you heard me scream Yes! Though Wolf is there kinda dampened it. Shame Falco is still a clone, but hey His Final Smash should be the Arwing at least, instead of a Landmaster. Falco is the team's Ace Pilot for a reason.

But having ROB is cool too. And Luigi hould have the vaccumm (Poltergeist 3000) in his set somewhere.

And a question put out...Is that all for the stages other than the ones you make? The total amount is a lot less than Melee. Melee had almost 40 stages. It only shows 29 stages useable as of now. A little let down, but I guess the Stage Builder will amke up for it.

Seems Wolf does indeed play very differently than Fox.

Also, confirmed stages as of now:

GameFAQs said:
Non-franchise: Battlefield, Final Destination
Mario: Delfino Plaza, Luigi's Mansion, Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld], Mario Circuit, Rainbow Ride, Mario Bros.
Zelda: Bridge of Eldin, Temple, Great Sea
Metroid: Norfair, Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar
DK: Rumble Falls, "Jungle Garden" (Returning stage from Melee; not sure which one)
Yoshi: Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Island (from Melee)
Kirby: Battleship Halberd, Green Greens
Star Fox: Lylat Cruise, Corneria
Pokemon: Pokemon Stadium 2, Pokemon Stadium 1, Spear Pillar
F-Zero: Port Town, Big Blue
Mother: New Pork City, Onett
Fire Emblem: Castle Siege
Wario: WarioWare
Pikmin: Distant Planet
Animal Crossing: Smashville
Ice Climbers: The Summit
Kid Icarus: Skyworld
Mr. G&W: Flat Zone 2
DS: Pictochat, Electroplankton
Snake: Shadow Moses Island
Sonic: Green Hill Zone

found the opening sequence to the game if no ones seen it yet.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wRBsajRrnY8

lol the comments on the vid go on for ever! o-0