• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official SSB Brawl Thread

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, at least Wolf plays a bit differently. Better than just straight clones like Toon Link, Falco, and Ness... They're probably all equally lost on me, though. I wasn't much of a Link/Young Link, Falco/Fox, or Ness player in Melee, and I don't see that changing now. Wolf will probably be lumped in with Fox/Falco, too.

Also, I'm with Alex. Anyone have a link to a video showcasing R.O.B.'s abilities? One preferably where you can actually tell what's going on... >>;

Nemesis

Former Administrator
Falco has different moves. He throws his reflector, boomerang style for his down B.

As for ROB he has lasers and a spin jump, don't know what else.

Apaprently Toon Link floods the stage.

Luigi's final smash seems strange, but I assume to spotlight effect is meant to refer to him stunning ghosts with a light ala Luigi's Mansion.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The Dojo's gonna continue updating for another 2 months to include all this hidden stuffs - so at least we'll get clear pictures/movies/explanations of it. I hope they explain how to unlock the stuff too - well, for the most part. If Sakurai wants it to be a guide to the game, it's better to have that there than having to go to Gamefags for it.

ooo came across this http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=VZh2oWZacm4 lucario's moves and final smash. He looks pretty fun to play.

also ganondarf http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6cNl0PljSB8 his fs scares me o_0

and the last one I found is http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=5cr7grI2lJ8 a brawl match where luigi gets the final smash and man......it's seriously strange like nem stated but pretty awesome.

ROB looks quite good move wise... FS is a major let down though :/

His (b?) move looks cool though, I like the fact that you can pick up the projectile once it has been thrown.

Ganondorf's attack looks freaking brilliant. Like Bowsers though... Their better not be lots of (almost) clone FS'.

Lucario looks very classy too. Seriously cannot wait to play this.

I gotta agree, R.O.B.s Final smash is pretty crappy.
Lucario looks Hamazing!! Cant wait to give him a try, and Luigis fs is totally, umm psychadelic?
cant wait to see Falco in action!
:]

im not going to be using r.o.b. anyways so i dont care bout him

dyeing to play as lucario seems like my ideal character

gotta love luigi for the killer final smash lol

ganondorf final smash looks like something u dont want to get hit by

and im honestly annoyed with toon link i mean its not like i dint like windwaker or anything but that space could have been used for something cooler like....soren from fire emblem

well, they've posted a statement on the dojo site saying how they'll act as more of a guide book now on how to unlock hidden stages, characters etc. and they've already posted their first one and it's ness. Also they stated the site will be up for another two months to reveal all this hidden stuff.

Also by the looks of it, they're making it somewhat easy to get some of these characters. (5 melees and you can unlock Ness already?). Not that I'm complaing, but they should make it somewhat of a challenge to get the hidden characters. Flashlight for Luigi, the lack of the Poltergeist 3000 makes me sad. With FLUDD showing up, the Poltergeist 3000 should be somewhere.

it might be in there, since I don't think I saw him using the side-b move in it...Also i noticed, or at least it looked like it, that you can charge up the spin attack for toon link

it might be in there, since I don't think I saw him using the side-b move in it...Also i noticed, or at least it looked like it, that you can charge up the spin attack for toon link

Luigi's side b is still the Green Missile...and Toon Link can indeed charge his Spin Attack...just like Link...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The sound track of this game is just as amazing as I expected it to be ;D

There's just so much goodness here that I'm finding it near impossible to pin point a favourite song - let alone a handful of favourites. I'm very happy with most of the Zelda and Kirby music, though, and still have yet to listen to much else. All in due time ^^

And the Dialga/Palkia remix pwnz souls.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Oh... Man!!
Doctor Oak, you've just become my favorite person here!

Here is a link to every Final smash done in a good fashion... or so the title says. Most of them are done better than elsewhere, but Wario's and Pikachu's weren't done too well at all... gotta love Ike and Luigi...

I think they've made it a bit too easy to get the characters as well, but there are many other things to strive to unlock... and I'm not complaining that you only have to play 15 brawls for Marth 8)

Oh... Man!!
Doctor Oak, you've just become my favorite person here!

Here is a link to every Final smash done in a good fashion... or so the title says. Most of them are done better than elsewhere, but Wario's and Pikachu's weren't done too well at all... gotta love Ike and Luigi...

I think they've made it a bit too easy to get the characters as well, but there are many other things to strive to unlock... and I'm not complaining that you only have to play 15 brawls for Marth 8)

Yeah, I love Ike's FS...Luigi's is so insane...like an acid trip XD...

And I'm looking forward to the simplicity of getting Lucario 8)...just five runs through the target test (unless you need multiple tries per level :p)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I haven't actually been paying attention to how to unlock all the characters, but I'm hoping that at least one of them is a bit tough to obtain (there's nothing wrong with needing a bit of skill...). From the sounds of things, though... most of them are fairly easy to get and just require you to simply play through Adventure mode/play the other modes a few times =/

I haven't actually been paying attention to how to unlock all the characters, but I'm hoping that at least one of them is a bit tough to obtain (there's nothing wrong with needing a bit of skill...). From the sounds of things, though... most of them are fairly easy to get and just require you to simply play through Adventure mode/play the other modes a few times =/

Well, I hear Wolf isn't a piece of cake...it did take a while for people to unlock him...but idk...if you unlock all of them via the SSE, it should be a challenge, I assume...

And with Marth being able to be easy to get after playing only 10 Brawls or completing Classic mode, they're making it easy for us to get the returing characters. They're making it hard to get the new characters right? That's is the trend going right?

On the other hand, the assist trophies look really cool, and with old school Lakitu, what can't you like other than it was annoying if you didn't have Fire Mario...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The Dojo update today reveals how Zero Suit Samus can be made available sans Smash Ball. Pretty funky.

There's also a nifty cut-scene of Marth and Metaknight duking it out.

Today's update....Falco with new moves and the information that he still has the best first jump....=). Falco Phantasm is finally getting an upgrade, and access to a Meteor Smash attack is seet too. By the Reflector Kick rules. His Landmaster sucks on the ground, but make it hover and we've got something to use. Longer hover and you can kill people by making them go too high and only taking a minimal amount of damage...His Final Smash doesn't seem to be that bad, but still I want an Arwing damit >=O

wait, which attack is the meteor smash?

edit:also, on a more recent note, Captain Falcon is just so awesome with his scarf, dont you agree? And the fact that you can turn around on the Falcon Punch ;D now I won't miss so much

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I was actually surprised by some of the SSE info revealed on Dojo today. I'd previously never read into it too deeply and didn't even realize you could revisit stages after you'd beaten 'em - I was still thinking total linear gameplay like Adventure Mode Melee o-o

Well... along with that function and these hidden items/doors, should keep people occupied for at least a few days. Only a little over a week now... ^__^

I would like to point out that Falco is, in fact, basically a Fox clone.

However, Wolf is not a clone of them. (although they all have the same Final Smash)

Exactly a week from today, everyone! =D

Never, I so happen to be 'Charms' Falco Fanboy. Falco is a clone, so is Wolf. Falco has most of his attacks changed though. And yes...A week from today. Also the newest stage rules!! [size=2pt]Spear Pillar rules[/size]

yeah, falco has quite a few differences, unfortunately, that includes the reflector :'( but I guess I'll be able to live with it...

Do y'all wanna know something funny? Ike has this multiple attack thing, and whenever he grunts/yells during it, it sounds like he's saying "I...Hate...You!" I like Ike now ;D

But now he can shut them down and contain the attack in the area, unlike Fox and Wolf, and this leads to more interesting moves, combos and strategies from the Falco Fanboy!

Isn't that move Quick Draw Lil King?

it looked more like a Punch, Punch, Slash, so I'm not really sure...

I guess kicking his reflector could result in some effectiveness at the far end of a stage, whee I'll be trying to keep somebody from getting back up

I preffer wolves and foxes reflecor. Falcos might be effictive at some points but if you do you use it will leave you wide open for an attack from behind, while foxes and wolves protect you from all around. But i still think that we might be able to make more strategies with falcos reflector like Lil King said. also you will be able to refect objcets faster because you are also throwing it forward so it will reach it faster. I think i will like playing with Falco.

Allow me to give my two cents to this Falco/Wolf debate...being a pro Falco (Melee) user, and having observed countless vids and talking with a Wolf main, I have come to the conclusion that neither of them are clones...unless you count Luigified characters as clones...so yeah, they're just Luigified...

That's the way I see it :(

Never, I so happen to be 'Charms' Falco Fanboy. Falco is a clone, so is Wolf. Falco has most of his attacks changed though. And yes...A week from today. Also the newest stage rules!! [size=2pt]Spear Pillar rules[/size]

True they are both clones, but Wolf has some key differences in his moves that Fox and Falco both also don't have (blaster fires much differently, reflector works differently, etc)

The question here now is, how's everyone's plans for getting this game?

I preordered it two days ago but I'm still kinda worried because of it's wide popularity. Do we suspect large lines at malls? I'm guessing it might partially depend on how many copie's NA has at the moment.

I'm getting mine about almost two weeks after the release, so it should ease up by then while I'm in the US on a vacation...however some of my friends from school are camping outside and waiting till the doors open and getting it earlier...morons, just wait a day or do why don't you?

But anyways, gotta love the stage today...Classics, here I come.

I don't plan on getting Brawl until I get a Wii, and I can't get a Wii until we get a good TV to play it on. I've moved into my grandmother's house with my brother and my mom, and she just has this 27" TV crammed into the corner of the house between the dining table and the player piano. Not exactly a favorable environment for video gaming, much less Wii-moting. My mom wants to get her a big, HDTV so she can have "something that looks like it's worth looking at," but she's not willing to shell out the dough at this time. I think we should get a flatscreen and hang it over the fireplace, but then we'd have to do something about power and cable.

The question here now is, how's everyone's plans for getting this game?

I preordered it two days ago but I'm still kinda worried because of it's wide popularity. Do we suspect large lines at malls? I'm guessing it might partially depend on how many copie's NA has at the moment.

well people who preordered it first have priority so if for some reason they run short of them, people who preordered it before you get first dibs on whats left.

I preordered mine like... psh. August? lol

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I forget exactly when I pre-ordered my copy, but it was a good 4-5 months ago. After a few blunders from EB Games over-charging me, I've basically paid the entire pre-order off minus $5 or so. It'll be nice picking the game up on Monday for a bit of change out of my pocket =)

I'm thinking I'll mess around with a few of the side-options first, then jump right into SSE. It interests a lot more than Classic Mode at the moment, and seems the best way to unlock most basic characters. Will definitely try to get on WiFi with some friends as soon as possible, too. I owe Sem a head-bashing ^^

The complete SSBB item list? - Not sure if its complete or not, but awesome update.

It is the complete list.

I preordered it in July. Picking it up on Sunday before I go back to school. Then a mess of friends and I are going to play it all afternoon.

It is the complete list.

I preordered it in July. Picking it up on Sunday before I go back to school. Then a mess of friends and I are going to play it all afternoon.

Yah, I hope I get it atleast a couple day after the release date (since it'll be march break giving me time to play lol) and I'll be invinting marinemilotic over for a couple days so we can have brawl fun lol.