• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Nostalgia Pokemon Journey

Welcome new trainers, to your new journey. You will be given a pokemon to go through Kanto and the regions after. The pokemon that you receive will become your partner, and will grow a bond that few ever have with their pokemon. Now go out and meet me in the pokemon lab to get your first pokemon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that, that is out of the way. Lets get to the story plot. You are a new trainer who will be getting their starting pokemon from Professor Oak. This year though he has arraigned for a breeder to give the new crop of trainers a second pokemon.
RP Rules
  1. PokeCharms rules apply, read them before proceeding.
  2. No Fakemon
  3. Must Start with a starter pokemon and secondary pokemon. You can not choose one that someone has already choosen, first come first serve.
  4. I will be in Charge of GYM leaders, but I might give someone permission.
  5. Money will not be controlled in this RP, but you can not give yourself an advantage over others in pokeballs and items.
  6. Romance is allowed, keep it PG-13. Same for foul language. (Do not over use it.)
  7. Now I will be using a pass system for this RP. I had gotten the idea from @Hecotoro, who has given me permission to use this system in my own RP. Do not ask me to give you more passes because I will not.
Rewards

Rare passes- These will give you more chances to catch rare pokemon. These will be a standard reward given out.
Very Rare Passes- These passes will be used to catch more very rare pokemon. These will be a rare pass given out.
Shiny Passes- These passes will only be given out to exceptional RP posts. These will also be given to people who are dedicated to the RP and continue to post and keep the story going.
Move Passes- These will be used to add moves other then level up moves.
TMs- Will be given out by GYM leaders and me.

Now evolution items will be given out in a bit different fashion. The person who wants and evolution item will have to send me a post draft of how your character has gotten that item and where. I will have final say on if you get that item or not.
Now for your character, I am going to do something a bit different for this RP. Characters do not have to be human, but they do have to be humanoid. Say you want to have a character who has animal ears and tail, then you can. If you want to have a character who is a humanoid animal then you are more then welcome.
Name:
Occupation: (Trainer, Coordinator, Researcher, Breeder, or anything else I missed.)
Looks:
Clothing:
Starter:
Secondary Pokemon:
Other:
If you have any questions about the breeder's list let me know. If you have a pokemon you think needs to be added to that list, then you may suggest, but I will have final say on it.
Charmander-
Squirtle-
Bulbasaur-
Chikorita-
Cyndaquil- @Hecotoro
Tododile-
Treecko- @Crimson Sun
Torchic- @DarkHydraT
Mudkip-
Turtwig-
Chimchar-
Piplup-
Snivy- @PlayfulFox47
Oshawott- @Kiraru
Tepig-
Chespin-
Froakie-
Fennekin- @EeviumZ
Rowlet-
Litten-
Popplio-
Pikachu- @The Pikachan
Eevee- Me
Togepi- @Crimson Sun
Feebas- @Hecotoro
Tyrogue- @DarkHydraT
Munchlax- @The Pikachan
Ralts- @EeviumZ
Riolu- @PlayfulFox47
Marill- @Kiraru
Alolan Vulpix- Me
Here is my character. I will still be working on him for a bit. I wanted to get it out there for you guys so you can get your characters sorted.
Name: Zane Young
Personality: Zane is a bit of a loner. Though he does have a good heart. He can be a bit impulsive and brash when you first met him. After getting to know him he seems to open up more and more.
Looks: Zane has pale skin, that looks good on his slim body. Though he has a slim body, it is very toned from swimming and running. On top of his head he has long black hair that parts on the right side. As it goes down his back it ombres to a dark purple. Instead of human ears, Zane has a pair of black wolf ears. On his lower back, he has a black wolf tail. One of Zane's best features are his eyes. Which are a bright vivid green surrounded by long black lashes. His lower lip has a rose gold stud piercing.
Clothing: Zane tends to wear a light blue v-neck t-shirt. The shirt seemed to conformed to Zane's chest. On his legs he wears a pair of black skinny jeans, that have rips at the knees. For shoes he has two pair, light blue converse that he wears almost everywhere, and a pair of black combat boots. The boots he wears when it is cold. When it is is cold he has a black cloth jacket that is soft to the touch.
Starter: Eevee
Secondary Pokemon: Alolan Vulpix
Other:
Here are some people I like to RP with.
@EeviumZ, @Hecotoro, @PlayfulFox47, @RenzFlintrock, @The Pikachan
Here is a link to some of the routes for Kanto. I will probably be updating this when I have time.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_nxfLZdOencqZpa2F8pvf1JDDd5YWI4xbl_YKSpcxWg/edit?usp=drivesdk (Google Docs – create and edit documents online, for free.)

Last edited:
Name: Hecotor (Hec) Ruiji
Personality: Positive and Friendly personality. Loves to make people laugh, uses sarcasm a lot. He doesn't take things seriously and is very irresponsible. Too outgoing, doesn't consider consequences.
Looks: 5'11 height 145 lbs Dark brown curly hair, dark brown eyes. Normal toned skin. Has two small scars on his chin. Has a tattoo of his favorite cartoons all over his left arm.
Clothing: Wears a dark gray beanie, black t-shirt, gray chino pants, black vans tennis shoes, when needed he wears a red zip up hoodie.
Starter: Cyndaquil.
Secondary Pokemon: Feebas.
Other: Loves to eat and be lazy.

Name: David Welsh
Personality: Blessed (or cursed) with a short temper and a 'no words but deeds' mentality, David dislikes failure and will often get frustrated when something isn't going as planned. He is an idealistic person, willing to fight for what he views to be right, even if others don't necessarily agree with his views or course of action. Despite that, he is incredibly loyal to those who he considers to be his friends.
Occupation: Trainer, though he might dabble in something else if interested.
Looks: Standing at 5'11 and weighing at 165 lbs, David has brown skin, short curly black hair and brown eyes. He has a tattoo of two boxing gloves striking each other on his right shoulder.
Clothing: David tends to stick to an red shirt with black stripes running over it horizontally, a pair of black jeans and a pair of hiking boots. He also has a dark blue hoodie for the colder days.
Starter: Torchic
Secondary Pokemon: Tyrogue
Other: A great cook, though he hates people who steal bites from the dish before it's done.

JadeStar

Previously The Pikachan
Thank you for tagging me :)
Name: Rene Elric
Personality: Rene is a calm sweet girl. She enjoys being around friends, but does not like to be the center of attention. She likes to help others and never asks for nothing in return. She is also a fan of comedy, so she will try and make puns every now and then.
Looks: Rene has golden blonde hair. She is 5´3 weights 115 lbs. She has dark brown eyes, freckles under her eyes and She has pale skin.
Clothing: She wears a yellow Pikachu tank top. Black capri leggins and black converse. She wears black finger less gloves and an elbow pad on her right arm.
Starter: Pikachu (in case it wasn´t obvious yet)
Secondary Pokemon: Munchlax
Other: She has a nose piercing. She always carries around a camera.

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Name: Greyson Blackwood
Personality: Greyson has a positive moral on those around him while he underestimates his own abilities. You could call him a kiss-up really to how much he praises others. Although he doubts his own abilities a lot, he really wants to try and hone his skills and also to go out his comfort zone. Taking away his persona based on his own abilities, Greyson has a tendency to become more of a 'follower' than a 'leader.' He's really dependent on other and he is also very reliable to others. With that dependency, Greyson is a physical man. Physical, not meaning athletics, but more so that he is very 'touchy' and affectionate with people he is close with.
Looks: Atop his head sits a messy and curly black hair with hints of some silver highlights and locks along his bangs. Greyson has an above average musculature with honey tan skin. Hazelnut orbs sits within his eyes between a high bridged nose. Greyson stand at a height of 6'0" and a weight of approximately 150 pounds.
Clothing: Greyson wears a grey beanie with a white Poke-ball logo that allows part of his black locks with silver highlights. Greyson wears a white tea with a black and yellow plaid flannel that usually stays unbuttoned. Below are a pair of skinny black jeans, not very satisfactory for long distance travel, but Greyson's used to them. He wears a pair of dark brown boots that reaches his upper ankle. Some accessories include a silver necklace that contains a crescent moon penchant.
Starter: Treecko
Secondary Pokemon: Togepi
Other: None, for now. Bio may still be edited.

No I know. My character that I care the most about is Acacia, he was who I originally used for Kanto based rps. I’d revert him to being a beginner and use him as a character, but that would mean he’d have to be very powerful and at the end of the rp his brother as a npc would have to win the league to stay consistent with the backstory that got approved for a mega.

This is the passage of his bio that is relevant to Kanto:
When it was time for Blaine to leave Acacia became extremely saddened and begged him not to go. Blaine suggested the young boy simply come with him and study as an apprentice. After hours of pleading combined with some convincing from Blaine, his parents reluctantly agreed. Acacia was only 10 when he left to go live with Blaine.

After two years of living on Cinnabar Island, Acacia had learned a lot from Blaine, and had established a good relationship with a Growlithe Blaine had specially bred and trained with the Growlithe to practice his battling abilities. For his twelfth birthday Blaine provided Acacia with a boat ticket to Pallet Town, telling him it was the best place to start his journey, along with his own PokéNav Plus so he could keep in touch.

Acacia arrived in Pallet and instantly bonded with the Squirtle in the Professor’s lab, much to Blaine’s dismay that he opted not to take the fire type. Together they traveled, not facing too much difficulty in their gym challenges. Surge was the first real adversity the duo faced, but luckily they prevailed when Squirtle evolved and was able to barley defeat Raichu.

Acacia had his first gym battle loss in Celadon and was very upset about it, calling Blaine to tell him about it. After giving the young trainer some motivational advice he sent Acacia the growlithe he had bonded with, providing him with a favorable matchup against the grass type gym that allowed him to emerge victorious. After that he continued to build up a Pokémon team, including a lonely ghastly from lavender town and a dratini he won from the game corner, and battled his way through the kanto gyms, qualifying for the Indigo Plateau Conference. Acacia battled well in the tournament but lost to his older brother, Cypress, finishing in the top 8, when his Dragonair was defeated by Cypress’s Flygon. Cypress proceeded handedly win the tournament.

Again, no need to bend the rules for me. I don’t want to make things about just my character, but I’m scared to contradict his approved backstory.

*A baby tortoise gives a quick note while helping out his owner's father real quick.*

Subject: RP Discussion Stuff

Ah, it's been a little bit for RPing. I was in college and stuff mostly. I would like to reserve Oshawott as the starter and Marill as the secondary. I'll likely get the bio up after I'm done helping out my father with some house work in a half hour to an hour ish.

Eep. Alright, finished the bio as quick as I could when I got back home a bit later than usual.

Name: His name is Landon Dal.
Personality: Landon sports a chatty megaphone approach to conversations. He is usually the first to enter a lengthy chat and the last to leave. He tries to chime in with his ideas whenever possible, even if it is not the right time or place to do so. When encountering an issue with someone, he attempts to solve said problem; though he can sometimes get carried away if a personal bubble is there in the first place. Although he is not the greatest with his might, his words can often take its place if the opposition does not throw a fist beforehand.
Looks: Landon has short, black hair, blue eyes, pale skin tone and a fair build. Some tiny patches of freckles can be seen on his nose and cheeks. He stands at a modest height of 5'6" (or 167.64 centimeters) and has a weight of roughly around 137 pounds (or 62.14 kilograms).
Clothing: Landon wears a lime green hoodie over his light red T-shirt. On the center of the hoodie lies a moderate image of a simple, bright yellow star logo that somewhat compliments the clothing's modest hue. He has on a pair of tan cargo shorts which almost touch his pair of gray sneakers. He sports on a midnight black daypack and a silver bracelet around his right arm.
Starter: Oshawott
Secondary Pokémon: Marill
Other: He often carries around a notepad and pen wherever he goes. His main area of study is on Pokémon behavior and communications.