• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Naruto: Shinobi Road (Discussion & Sign Ups)

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Let's get some discussion in, get a few things sorted and out of the way before they pop up otherwise.

• Tailed Beasts
  • Sage Mode
  • Curse Mark
  • Mangekyou Sharingan
  • Rinnegan
  • etc.
Power-ups in general that aren't just your standard shinobi workman-ship.

How closely do we stick to canon, are we allowing original variants of these things (no original tailed beasts, we don't need any more than the 9 that exists and other beast-like creatures) these kinds of questions should be answered ahead of time.

Let's take things one at a time.

First off, the tailed beasts.

@DarkHydraT @Retro Master @5DigitNeb @Killerbunny the god @Joelkjn the fox @Godjacob @Mystic Zander @Sarah316 @Sky5372 @Hungry Badass @Nukas @Swirled @Grand Master Koop @kyuukestu

Okay a bit late to the convo but my thoughts.

I think a majority of this stuff is better saved later in the plot (Our Shippuden if we have one). As our characters will need to level up to compete/get these kind of powers.

I also think we should discuss what upgrades we plan to have our characters have so that they do not come on the fly as it were. Just a general skeleton of where we want our characters to end up so we can plan power ups/upgrades accordingly.

So, you mean to tell me
A uchiha
Who want's to be a shinobi
Wouldn't train in random stuff ninja should know

((Then again i probably should of told everyone before...))
I’d just like to note, contrary to what @Hungry Badass stated in his most recent post, it’s common for ninja to learn the water walking technique after they have become Genin, not before.

Just wanted to clarify that not everyone would know how to utilize this technique right away. If so, water obstacles would be relatively pointless.
Yeah i don't know why Koop would want an explanation

So, you mean to tell me
A uchiha
Who want's to be a shinobi
Wouldn't train in random stuff ninja should know

((Then again i probably should of told everyone before...))

We’re all academy student level Shinobi training to be ninja, all on relatively equal footing.
And being an Uchiha at this point means next to nothing. There not special or different from your typical Shinobi. Except for there Sharingan providing better senses and genjutsu. You learn through experience, not prodigy-ing your way through everything.

I’d also like to note that an Uchiha already having the Sharingan at this age is very uncommon, so you should consider yourself lucky to even have that much of a head start.

Oh, and your still walking face first into a wall. May wanna fix that.

We’re all academy student level Shinobi training to be ninja, all on relatively equal footing.
And being an Uchiha at this point means next to nothing. There not special or different from your typical Shinobi. Except for there Sharingan providing better senses and genjutsu. You learn through experience, not prodigy-info your way through everything.

I’d also like to note that an Uchiha already having the Sharingan at this age is very uncommon, so you should consider yourself lucky to even have that much of a head start.

Oh, and your still walking face first into a wall. May wanna fix that.
It's possible to learn to walk on water like that at such a young age, but then you'd more likely be from the Yamanaka clan or similar rather than an Uchiha because of the chakra control that's needed for it.

Let me give you an example from the canon, Sakura (who's not a Yamanaka or has any powers similar to that of the Yamanaka clan) managed to learn the chakra control faster than Sasuke did. And Sasuke is considered to be one of the smartest Uchihas

It's possible to learn to walk on water like that at such a young age, but then you'd more likely be from the Yamanaka clan or similar rather than an Uchiha because of the chakra control that's needed for it.

Let me give you an example from the canon, Sakura (who's not a Yamanaka or has any powers similar to that of the Yamanaka clan) managed to learn the chakra control faster than Sasuke did. And Sasuke is considered to be one of the smartest Uchihas

Yes, I’m well aware. But at that point, Sakura was already a Genin training for the Chūnin exams. Plus, she’s considered a prodigy in terms of chakra control. I’m simply making the point clear that it’s not as simple a technique as it’s been lead on to seem.

Yes, I’m well aware. But at that point, Sakura was already a Genin training for the Chūnin exams. Plus, she’s considered a prodigy in terms of chakra control. I’m simply making the point clear that’s it’s not as simple a technique as it’s been lead on to seem.
I probably should've been more clear. I was talking to @Hungry Badass xD

Sorry :p

"What are you planning here? Trying to pick a fight already? Well that's totally fine by me, gets rid of some competitors! Either you fight here or let us be, make your choice." She wasn't that keen on fighting so soon, but she would not hold back if she had to fight.

Ha! I've been trying to fight you for months! The time is now! Prepare yourself...though I'm one team member short...

@5DigitNeb :(:(

Dead account

Previously Super Lazy Man
@Hungry Badass 1, Ayano said where she wanted to go. 2, an Uchiha have much more chakra than that. Even as a kid
1. Zadol wouldn't be able to hear since he wasn't really there. Unless Ayano shouted
2. Zadol would have trained enough to have a little less chakra than usual...
Handsigns
Yup
i really should start saying stuff before i do .. shouldn't i?

Not necessarily. It's sort of a contradictions in a way, but he could have really bad chakra control (efficiency).

That means he pours more chakra into a jutsu than is actually required. This is what Naruto does, and Naruto can do it because his reserves are actually massive, so he doesn't feel the pinch.

Zadol could be pouring just way too much chakra into walking on water and that's causing his chakra pool to reduce at an alarming rate. He'd still need to be on the water for at least a couple minutes though lel.

And if he does take this chakra efficiency debuff, it'll stick with him for a while until he can train it out.

Edit:

Uchiha aren't actually known for the large chakra reserves, so as Neb said they tend to be more on the average side.

Last edited:

Dead account

Not necessarily. It's sort of a contradictions in a way, but he could have really bad chakra control (efficiency).

That means he pours more chakra into a jutsu than is actually required. This is what Naruto does, and Naruto can do it because his reserves are actually massive, so he doesn't feel the pinch.

Zadol could be pouring just way too much chakra into walking on water and that's causing his chakra pool to reduce at an alarming rate. He'd still need to be on the water for at least a couple minutes though lel.

And if he does take this chakra efficiency debuff, it'll stick with him for a while until he can train it out.

Edit:

Uchiha aren't actually known for the large chakra reserves, so as Neb said they tend to be more on the average side.
What i was thinking

Nukas

Previously Kid_Nukas

Edit:

While it is true that Naruto had big problem with chakra control and poured a lot more chakra than needed into his moves, this was also a big reason he was not able to walk up the tree very well in part 1. A huge part of walking on water is chakra control so if someone were to poor too much chakra into it, they would not walk on the water, just like how Naruto couldn't do it correctly because of his bad chakra control. It would be next to impossible to pour too much chakra into walking on water and still be able to do it properly.

While it is true that Naruto had big problem with chakra control and poured a lot more chakra than needed into his moves, this was also a big reason he was not able to walk up the tree very well in part 1. A huge part of walking on water is chakra control so if someone were to poor too much chakra into it, they would not walk on the water, just like how Naruto couldn't do it correctly because of his bad chakra control. It would be next to impossible to pour too much chakra into walking on water and still be able to do it properly.
Your point was already considered, that's why 1 I said it was somewhat contradictory, and 2 I tried to make a distinction between overall chakra control and chakra efficiency.

That said, your point does remain valid.

The issue of pouring too much chakra into a technique, especially ones like this one, is that the chakra tends to produce a 'rebound' force that damages whatever you're trying to walk on and repelling you.

However, I do remember Zadol mentioning something about the Sharingan earlier. If he has that on for a couple of minutes that would indeed drain his Academy-student level chakra pools.

Question, would you like me to continue narrating your way through the maze as I have been doing, or would you rather I slip hints in the discussion and tag you here if you've managed to trigger an event in the RP?

To give an example, @Godjacob's character Mako has searched for a secret tunnel, which she will find. I could just tell you where the secret entrance is here, or I can actually make a Narration post.

Which would you prefer?

@DarkHydraT @Retro Master @5DigitNeb @Killerbunny the god @Joelkjn the fox @Godjacob @Mystic Zander @Sarah316 @Sky5372 @Hungry Badass @Nukas @Swirled @Grand Master Koop @kyuukestu

==============================================

Tally

Narration: 4

No-Narration: 0

Last edited:

Dead account

Question, would you like me to continue narrating your way through the maze as I have been doing, or would you rather I slip hints in the discussion and tag you here if you've managed to trigger an event in the RP?

To give an example, @Godjacob's character Mako has searched for a secret tunnel, which she will find. I could just tell you where the secret entrance is here, or I can actually make a Narration post.

Which would you prefer?

Narration : good with having great stories
Hints and stuff: good for moving on quickly