• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Okay we need an actual vote. I suggest Kyuu and Shen state a summary of their points in one post. Then we’ll have everyone make a vote. A reason why you voted for what would be preferable unless we want to keep the votes anonymous for some reason.

What if, theoretically, everyone voted except Kyuu, that a meteor would fall that would destroy the entirety of Nadeshiko overnight for no reason at all? Would it be fair to Kyuu? Would it even make sense?

Is that the same scale of a vote as this jutsu for you?
I’m using an extreme example. Obviously. I’m thinking about the actual health of this Rp. And even though some may not see it yet, it could be extremely destructive, and leads to a gateway to many other possible abuses. And if it’s not patched up it could lead to just that.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I’m using an extreme example. Obviously. I’m thinking about the actual health of this Rp. And even though some may not see it yet, it could be extremely destructive, and leads to a gateway to many other possible abuses. And if it’s not patched up it could lead to just that.
What if you just want to nerf everyone to genin and take away all kekkei genkai for the sake of “balance.” That’s more likely than everyone voting for a meteor to drop on the nadeshiko (even tho they’re not all grouped up anyways)

Which is fair. You can put that as one of your reasons as to why we should vote for this point.

That is the most extreme reason you can think of. Sorry but that is not a good point and does not fit the situation at all.

Sometimes actions are taken outside of voting. That’s been a thing. What’s happening is that your not seeing what I’m saying. I’m trying to prevent something harmful. And if the vote passed, it could potential keep being harmful.

Which is fair. You can put that as one of your reasons as to why we should vote for this point.
But that’s just it. If it does pass then it could still be harmful, and I think I’d have to intervein. And that wouldn’t be fair, to do a vote just to supersede it. That’s why if something is very clearly harmful to balance, it should be denied, and allowed discussion for a more balanced way of doing the same job as the denied ability. No?

Sometimes actions are taken outside of voting. That’s been a thing. What’s happening is that your not seeing what I’m saying. I’m trying to prevent something harmful. And if the vote passed, it could potential keep being harmful.
That is understandable and we know you’re trying to look out for the well being of the RP. However, it could also help to trust in the rest of your RPers. Even if it does for some reason turn out bad, just as we came together to vote for it, we can also vote to change it.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
But that’s just it. If it does pass then it could still be harmful, and I think I’d have to intervein. And that wouldn’t be fair, to do a vote just to supersede it. That’s why if something is very clearly harmful to balance, it should be denied, and allowed discussion for a more balanced way of doing the same job as the denied ability. No?
? What’s just it? Retro saying you should put that as a reason to vote for you?

The thing about that is it seems that it’s only very clearly harmful to balance to you. If other people agree with you, then that’s what the vote is for.

That is understandable and we know you’re trying to look out for the well being of the RP. However, it could also help to trust in the rest of your RPers. Even if it does for some reason turn out bad, just as we came together to vote for it, we can also vote to change it.

I do trust you guys. I wouldn’t be in the long haul with you guys if I didn’t. But we all have shortcomings, and not all of our ideas are great. Take the 20km jump. This one is just like it. And I had to come in and make a call for that one too.

Lmao, does anyone remember when Shen was defending Hama moving twelve two-story buildings at beyond the speed of sound? Cause I certainly do.

So its perfectly okay when your characters move literal buildings at that speed casually with one Jutsu, but its game-breaking for anyone else?
That is not helping and is unnecessary. Yes there may be issues with that but it’s also immature to start throwing stuff back at this stage.

Speed of...sound?

And revolving. Not movement speed.

Also, red herring again.
I converted the revolutions to meters per second for you. Here:

upload_2020-7-15_12-55-17.png

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Lmao, does anyone remember when Shen was defending Hama moving twelve two-story buildings at beyond the speed of sound? Cause I certainly do.

So its perfectly okay when your characters move literal buildings at that speed casually with one Jutsu, but its game-breaking for anyone else?
I actually don’t can you put the post?

Again

@kyuukestu and @Shen: King of the Mist

Please just consider a vote and this matter can be settled rather than you two throwing salt at each other.

Again. It’s not about salt. I’m trying to find a solution. As this ability is too abusable, I said I’d be willing to help find a compromise. Such as actually preforming a justu with actual handsigns before doing the jet.

Shen if I say anything will you just disagree cuz you disagree with 20km thing? Just tell me straight up so I don’t waste time giving input to you

...No? You just keep talking down to me. I just really don’t appreciate that very much.

You should just kick us out of the rp if you don’t trust us to make good decisions for it