• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Great Minds think alike~

I wouldn't worry about it. I quite regularly Retrofit the combat styles of my characters. Sagisō's already gone through like 10 in my head, and Baiyan at least 4 or 5.

Sagisō's Retrofit is along with a couple convos with Zander is what made me decide to go the full-finesse route with her. She won't have Kiro's Speed, or Katsuo's raw strengths, Kai's Ices monsters, or any of that, but she sure as hell will have just about the best-damned chakra and body control.

Though that means her fighting style might boil down to a micro-level where I'll need to think about the positions of her body while she's moving to actually fight properly. But I Kinda relish the challenge. I've already gone through a plethora of scenario's in my head against Kai, Katsuo and Kiro.

Baiyan's retro fit is still a swordswoman, but she might learn more sword styles and then use her weapon as more a transforming swording, stitching together different types of blades to chain together more moves. Along with a jutsu I'll need to have her travel to the land of Iron to stea- *cough* I mean, learn.
There's also a hyper-dangerous strategy in my head that I'm pinning to have her try out...but if I screw up even the tiniest bit then she'll lose the battle pretty miserably. If it succeeds though, I'll turn a near loss into a perfect victory~

And you people wonder why I don't believe Azumi can beat Sagiso. Me vs. kyuu is a slaughter waiting to happen XD

*internally dies*
It's kind of a pain that'll I'll be even more restricted with a tailed beast than I already am...
Yeah without that Azumi has no reason to fight Sagiso. Kinda an issue to force a scenario.
I can probably think up a scenario given...a lot of time...

For example, if someone close to Sagisō becomes the Jinchuriki and she interferes with Azumi's capture... bleh

I might keep Matatabi and simply never use her since it's kinda of a plot point.

I can probably think up a scenario given...a lot of time...

For example, if someone close to Sagisō becomes the Jinchuriki and she interferes with Azumi's capture... bleh

I might keep Matatabi and simply never use her since it's kinda of a plot point.

That would probably work best. However we decide to go there. Cause Jinchuriki Sagiso would be literally unstoppable and Azumi dies horribly. Least she gets a fighting chance XD

That would probably work best. However we decide to go there. Cause Jinchuriki Sagiso would be literally unstoppable and Azumi dies horribly. Least she gets a fighting chance XD
Lmao, my most extensive planning for Jinchuriki Sagisō is for when the Yuki Clan goes against me and I let either the Hyūga or Nadeshiko die in their wake and then go for a vengeance plot.

Reminds me of when Kyuu decided to have Sagisō quit on Katsuo. All that potential... Sagisō hurts me again. ;_;

I need time to recover. She’s a different character in my eyes now. I will keep Jinchuriki Sagisō as a memory :(
lmao, Sagisō as a Jinchuriki is just so hard to scale unless she gets a debuff to accompany her buff. It's kinda just a huge pain for me, and I lost half my enthusiasm for it. I'd need to treat her like a dues ex Machina solution for every problem, and bench her most of the time, or just never have her learn to control the tailed beast.

Katsuo: Just so you know....I'm not scared of Absurd, and I will kill him if necessary. And Orochimaru can go to hell, he'll be there soon enough.

Me: ...I don't actually have anything to say this time. Ima just let you do you. *Gets popcorn*

But fr, @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader is Absurd not gonna respond to Mori? You said one question each so I figured we'd hold off until all questions were asked before letting it sink in and giving reactions.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Katsuo: Just so you know....I'm not scared of Absurd, and I will kill him if necessary. And Orochimaru can go to hell, he'll be there soon enough.

Me: ...I don't actually have anything to say this time. Ima just let you do you. *Gets popcorn*

But fr, @Shen: Ghost Gym Leader is Absurd not gonna respond to Mori? You said one question each so I figured we'd hold off until all questions were asked before letting it sink in and giving reactions.
Oh wait, he did as a question! *slaps self* I totally forgot. Hang on, i’ll Get to it...soon enough

lmao, Sagisō as a Jinchuriki is just so hard to scale unless she gets a debuff to accompany her buff. It's kinda just a huge pain for me, and I lost half my enthusiasm for it. I'd need to treat her like a dues ex Machina solution for every problem, and bench her most of the time, or just never have her learn to control the tailed beast.
So what’s the point in creating a jinchuriki OC? What’s the point in even having a strong character when he have to nerf them? ;_; ;_; ;_;

So what’s the point in creating a jinchuriki OC? What’s the point in even having a strong character when he have to nerf them? ;_; ;_; ;_;

The point is, we don't really need to have that kind of power, at least not permanently. I'd suggest maxing out around Kage Plus Level.

I want diverse growth. As Boruto shows...*heavy sigh*... techniques can be diversified and altered incredibly easily if the correct idea comes to mind.

So shouldn’t, let’s say, 5 tails and above be banned?

I thought we were making the Tailed Beasts more equal? You know to prevent Nine Tails stuff from overshadowing literally all of them combined XD

It chipped away at his mind and joy of life, heightening his depression and road to megalomania

....that came from his one adult figure who "loved" him being revealed as a would be assassin. Gaara was just fine before that happened, just slightly lonely (Which all Jinchuriki were minus Kumo's). Insomnia had nothing to do with it.

....that came from his one adult figure who "loved" him being revealed as a would be assassin. Gaara was just fine before that happened, just slightly lonely (Which all Jinchuriki were minus Kumo's). Insomnia had nothing to do with it.
Insomnia heightened everything, magnifying the effects. As he couldn’t just sleep the troubles away or rest his head. No, he had to trail on in the night alone, awake with only his mind there for hours with no one to talk to, taking a toll on him

Insomnia heightened everything, magnifying the effects. As he couldn’t just sleep the troubles away or rest his head. No, he had to trail on in the night alone, awake with only his mind there for hours with no one to talk to, taking a toll on him

I feel this is more your interpretation than actual fact. Heck his Insomnia helped him against Dosu who tried to wait for him to sleep to kill him so we only ever saw it being a bonus for him.

His issues were being "betrayed" by the one figure who taught him love and constant assassination attempts.

This is discrimination. Makes sense though.
Yea, you can only really blame me for being too amazing *strikes wistfully dramatic pose*, it's tough being this talented, charming and ....

Bleh, It doesn't sound as good. I need to pick up some tricks from Er Gen, loveably boastful characters are rather difficult to pull off, I have no idea how Bai Xiaochun manages to be so endearing ~w~

I need to work on Character personalities in general though.

Yea, you can only really blame me for being too amazing *strikes wistfully dramatic pose*, it's tough being this talented, charming and ....

Bleh, It doesn't sound as good. I need to pick up some tricks from Er Gen, loveably boastful characters are rather difficult to pull off, I have no idea how Bai Xiaochun manages to be so endearing ~w~

I need to work on Character personalities in general though.

Character personality is about the only area I do decent at here. Even then, I only am fully happy with how I've portrayed Azumi and Tomiko's personalities/character arcs. I have a lot to work on, both battle-wise and in other areas so I get that.

Heck

I thought most of the Jinchuriki were gonna be temporary OCS anyways. I really don't think everyone needs to be chilling in tailed beast chakra mode at the end of the rp for the story to feel 'complete', ya know?

Most jinchurki’s won’t survive, so for most it would be temporary. A lucky few will live however, and who’s to say they will end up in that mode?