• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I know, I know.

Putting homework on pause to finish this draft. Least till Platinum comes back I can get the plot going with Ryo, Sagiso and Azumi so that we can speed to two matches. Always feel an added pressure to play someone else's character in these times of emergency but it has to be done.

@Nebulix for the record one good mud-punch or attack that hits Sakura at this point will pretty much seal the deal. She's gutsy, but lacks Tomiko's endurance and already feeling the pain of her close-range bomb. Just a game of cat and mouse.

“I was wondering when you were going to arrive.” Kai said, breaking his medititation. “I had begun to believe you weren’t going to show.”

Kai got up from his cross crossed state, standing up to face Sagiso, a mask covering his face. He stared him down, the ninja looking A bit short of her age. Kai put his hands behind his back, before clearing his throat.

“If you decide to fight me here and now, you Have allowed me to legally kill you. I suggest you pull out, save us both some time.”
Wew, such confidence. For some reason it really made me think of this meme xD, so I went ahead and made one real quick.

upload_2018-4-24_22-44-56.jpeg

(all giggles and laughs of course)

Tell you what, I'll recommend you some books, and once you've gotten to like... half the amount that I've read... like a couple thousand chapters. Then you'll be an expert in all things chunni and bad-ass sounding :D

Now I kinda wanna put more effort into this fight ahaha~

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I’m going to be writing the next response while I’m on my phone, so apologies beforehand if it’s not up to quality standards

@Godjacob Before I start, I’m just gonna let you know it’s gonna be mini-rant of sorts and please don’t take it as offensive.

I just hope that when you go deep into Tomiko’s story, you have a really good explanation as to how her tolerance is almost jonin level. She must’ve gone through multiple near death experiences in order for her to still be fighting through the injuries she has suffered. I’m gonna be honest and say that I don’t even know how to have Kiro beat her. It seems that whatever Kiro throws at her, she keeps getting up. You keep saying that she feels the pain, but then right after, she quickly uses another jutsu. For example, her hands are supposed to be paining her and you do a really good job saying that. But that’s all you do. You say it but you’re not showing it. What I mean by that is that her hands should be hard to move if it’s paining her. But instead, she is able to quickly flash handsigns to perform her jutsu. But the counter you use to explain why she is able to do this is her dangerous backstory. I’m just trying to say that I hope whatever the backstory is, explains how she is able to fight through not just pain but actual injuries.

Tomiko’s hands had to have been horrificly damaged in a previous battle. The reason I say that is because you keep mentioning that she has fought through that type of pain before. Her hands seem to be alright considering the actual damage. Your explanation for this is that she has dealt with similar pain before. Anyone can say that about their character. I could’ve had Kiro take the knee to his rib and have it break. Then I could have him stand up, explain how much it hurts, but then just continue at the same pace. In reality, if Kiro got hit by the attack, he would most likely be down on one knee, clutching his rib in immense pain. Tomiko on the other hand has had her hands strongly electrocuted while wearing metal and she sustained decent damage from the electrical bomb attack. I doubt most chunin could still be standing after that, let alone still quickly performing jutsu.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is that I’m fine with the fact that she keeps getting up after all the damage she has taken because you stated that she has a high pain tolerance due to her past. However, in the future, I would like her backstory to explain how she is able to take so much damage yet continue on. (Having her constantly being beaten up doesn’t specifically explain how she is still able to use her hands, it just shows her willpower to never give up :up:) Eventually, the fatigue is going to have to catch up with her. I’m fine with Kiro taking hits and I’ll be sure to make the resulting damage actually show, I just hope you do too.

This should also apply to everyone here as well. It’s one thing to explain the damage but it’s also another thing to be consistent with it. Be sure to think about what the actual consequences of an attack taken would do to the body. If you have an explanation as to why your character is still able to keep going, don’t be afraid to use that either. Just remember to add that into their backstory whenever you fully flesh them out.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
That’s actually a really good point you bring up. Carrying fatigue and actually battle damage is key to addressing in a battle, especially if your character is the one that has them. Anyone in combat weather winning or losing must address each wound they receive, weather its a small or big wound.

For example, if wounds were never addressed in the Hinata vs Neji battle, it would have gone on forever. For it to be fair, balanced, and not to mention fun for everyone involved, everyone please address these things in a battle.

Thank You

Last edited:
@Godjacob Before I start, I’m just gonna let you know it’s gonna be mini-rant of sorts and please don’t take it as offensive.

I just hope that when you go deep into Tomiko’s story, you have a really good explanation as to how her tolerance is almost jonin level. She must’ve gone through multiple near death experiences in order for her to still be fighting through the injuries she has suffered. I’m gonna be honest and say that I don’t even know how to have Kiro beat her. It seems that whatever Kiro throws at her, she keeps getting up. You keep saying that she feels the pain, but then right after, she quickly uses another jutsu. For example, her hands are supposed to be paining her and you do a really good job saying that. But that’s all you do. You say it but you’re not showing it. What I mean by that is that her hands should be hard to move if it’s paining her. But instead, she is able to quickly flash handsigns to perform her jutsu. But the counter you use to explain why she is able to do this is her dangerous backstory. I’m just trying to say that I hope whatever the backstory is, explains how she is able to fight through not just pain but actual injuries.

Tomiko’s hands had to have been horrificly damaged in a previous battle. The reason I say that is because you keep mentioning that she has fought through that type of pain before. Her hands seem to be alright considering the actual damage. Your explanation for this is that she has dealt with similar pain before. Anyone can say that about their character. I could’ve had Kiro take the knee to his rib and have it break. Then I could have him stand up, explain how much it hurts, but then just continue at the same pace. In reality, if Kiro got hit by the attack, he would most likely be down on one knee, clutching his rib in immense pain. Tomiko on the other hand has had her hands strongly electrocuted while wearing metal and she sustained decent damage from the electrical bomb attack. I doubt most chunin could still be standing after that, let alone still quickly performing jutsu.

Basically, what I’m trying to say is that I’m fine with the fact that she keeps getting up after all the damage she has taken because you stated that she has a high pain tolerance due to her past. However, in the future, I would like her backstory to explain how she is able to take so much damage yet continue on. (Having her constantly being beaten up doesn’t specifically explain how she is still able to use her hands, it just shows her willpower to never give up :up:) Eventually, the fatigue is going to have to catch up with her. I’m fine with Kiro taking hits and I’ll be sure to make the resulting damage actually show, I just hope you do too.

This should also apply to everyone here as well. It’s one thing to explain the damage but it’s also another thing to be consistent with it. Be sure to think about what the actual consequences of an attack taken would do to the body. If you have an explanation as to why your character is still able to keep going, don’t be afraid to use that either. Just remember to add that into their backstory whenever you fully flesh them out.

I'll admit that you make a fair point Retro. I have gone a bit overboard with Tomiko's endurance and pain tolerance. I thought of a "stylish" move in my head without thinking much about how it's pushing the believe-ability too far.

As such, I will be free to edit and rectify this. I do apologize for all this, my desire to try and make Tomiko "look respectable" should not go this far and it should not undermind another OC. At this point whether she does the rolling ball at all and falls flat on the ground in pain or just gets struck by lightning. Maybe I'll have it where instead she gets a guard up and gets zapped, but the momentum allows her to hit a headbutt on Kiro's ribs and she falls to the ground.

Again I am quite sorry about all this. if you have a recommendation for what should be done I am all ears. And I will dive deeper into Tomiko's backstory to try and justify this in better detail.

I'll admit that you make a fair point Retro. I have gone a bit overboard with Tomiko's endurance and pain tolerance. I thought of a "stylish" move in my head without thinking much about how it's pushing the believe-ability too far.

As such, I will be free to edit and rectify this. I do apologize for all this, my desire to try and make Tomiko "look respectable" should not go this far and it should not undermind another OC. At this point whether she does the rolling ball at all and falls flat on the ground in pain or just gets struck by lightning. Maybe I'll have it where instead she gets a guard up and gets zapped, but the momentum allows her to hit a headbutt on Kiro's ribs and she falls to the ground.

Again I am quite sorry about all this. if you have a recommendation for what should be done I am all ears. And I will dive deeper into Tomiko's backstory to try and justify this in better detail.
No need to edit, sorry! I forgot to put that I would be posting later, that’s why I haven’t posted yet. I wasn’t expecting you to edit it and you don’t have to, unless you want to.

No need to edit, sorry! I forgot to put that I would be posting later, that’s why I haven’t posted yet. I wasn’t expecting you to edit it and you don’t have to, unless you want to.

Well now I feel bad. Clearly you have legitimate issues with the post and I need to make Tomiko more believable. I kinda have to edit my post now for the sake of the RP.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb

I was thinking the same...

Well now I feel bad. Clearly you have legitimate issues with the post and I need to make Tomiko more believable. I kinda have to edit my post now for the sake of the RP.
That was not the reaction I was expecting. I said I’m fine with the post, but it’s up to you if you want to edit it. Now I don’t know if I should post because you might edit it. You’re also making me feel bad now cuz I made you feel bad. :(

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
That was not the reaction I was expecting. I said I’m fine with the post, but it’s up to you if you want to edit it. Now I don’t know if I should post because you might edit it. You’re also making me feel bad now cuz I made you feel bad. :(
And the cycle continues... this happens to me too lol

You have no reason to feel bad about anything. You pointed out a reasonable flaw and I went overboard with my latest post. I could either edit it now or just have Tomiko flop onto the ground in agony after this attack by her or something. Depending on your post.

I just want to make everyone satisfied is all. Tell me what you'd prefer I'd do.