• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

“I suppose I was being a bit too modest there. Yeah those s’mores were supposed to be mine.” Kiro dropped his hand, realizing there was no reason to hide the truth. She probably knew the reason they were trying to trick her as well. “In any case, I guess this means you do have an idea on what we’re doing here. Interesting.” Being somewhat upfront with the jinchuriki as he spoke, Kiro glanced in Shura’s direction. He was still waiting on an explanation of Shura’s plan to contact Hinagiku. That and for Takato to wake his lazy self up. As for Tayuya, she could stay asleep for all he cared.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku had finally woke up and it seemed he was the last to do so in both teams that were in the campsite. He had decided to rest for a longer period than usual the night before.

I've been training like crazy for the past months. Maybe I could do with a little rest. Any activities I could do in the morning would probably not be as beneficial as sleeping more.

So he didn't have any problem with leaving his tent after the others have left theirs. His mind was in a lax state and he wasn't really caring to go out and start the search again, so he decided instead to talk to the other people nearby. Raiku had sort of been doing his own thing so far in the mission so a little interaction couldn't hurt.

He went over to Taiyo who was waving at the leader of the other team. However, he suddenly stopped before he could get any closer. While normally any odor wouldn't be of issue his mind was not prepared for anything out of the ordinary. So when Raiku smelled Taiyo's scent he suppressed the feeling to scrunch up his nose as his teammate had seemingly not bathed which left him with the same smell of sweat that he had from the previous day.

Raiku realized that he himself had also forgotten to bathe the previous day in the midst of the new situation his team was in. Disgusted with himself he simply muttered, "Good morning," to Taiyo before he went to his tent to retrieve a towel he had brought along to the mission. Then he decided to head over to the lake nearby.

Sagisō Ajisai ~~Flashback~~

"I got...Swept up in the mood?"

Her fingers rested on her chin, gentle strokes assuaging her skin. "Eh-did you think it was something more complex? Too bad~" The simple evolved into the complex, and the complex distilled to simplicity -such was the nature of Heaven's Laws, and likewise the mind of one Sagisō Ajisai.

As the 36th Heavenly Spirit, the Skillful Star, her many nicknames included 'Prodigal', and 'Wanderer', among many others. True to those names Sagisō was whimsical, possibly even hedonistic. She did as she pleased when she pleased to do so. As free and unfettered as the wind, as proud and beautiful as the hydrangea, and as elegant and caring as the Egret Orchid.

Ponder the wayward Kai. Not only had the wastrel drugged her with sedatives, but he'd also broken into her house and defiled her guests, coerced her into an unnecessarily dangerous task, betrayed her and even brought harm to her own flesh and blood sister. However, in the end, she'd only had him arrested as a mere formality! Wasn't this simply the pinnacle of magnanimity and gratuitous mercy?

She possessed the tolerance of a Buddha, and her boundless patience covered even the likes of the daft Uchiha in the cell next to her.

Clearing her throat, and adopting the mannerisms of a patient member of the older generation who'd gone to arduous lengths to enlighten the ignorant youth, she spoke. "In comparison to the passion that burned in your eyes and the fervor of desire, the 'risks' are hardly worth mentioning!"

Though, speaking of things worth mentioning, "By the way, where's my wrist warmer?"

Morning came, the sun peeked over the distant mountains and brought a warm glow to the cabin's living room. A pair of birds began to sing which signified a new morning, one that had already been busy for the Ame newely appointed Chunin had set a table; one cleared and large enough to allow the three of them free space to discuss the meeting that Azumi had arranged.

Azumi naturally took a moment to soak in the morning sun, the song of the birds....foreign things to the cold land of rain that had been her home, where the sun rarely came and there had been no singing. But Azumi had not been about to lament on such trivial details as she sat crossed legged before the table and prepared herself a cup of tea while she waited for Reaver & Baiyan to wake up.

Azumi would not rush either, but this was perhaps the most important day of her ninja career. And she was more than eager to go on and work to get preparation going.

------------
"And what may I ask are you doing?" Tayuya said, as the Oto-nin had just woken up and noted that Shura, Kiro and the Jinchuriki as they seemed to have drifted off on their own to discuss and had some treats. Before she had a chance to give an answer...

"They are preparing to send a signal for Lady Hinagiku."
Tayuya glanced up at the tree above them and found Takato, who had listened in on the conversation and had been up for a while but displayed a striking ability to mask his presence; more so to avoid having to provide commentary of his own. Tayuya had an eyebrow raised before she turned back to Kiro's group with her arms folded over her chest.

"And what, bring breakfast to her?" Tayuya asked in reference to the snacks that the Jinchuriki went on about as part of her could not help but wonder if this mission would have been over already if that Hyuga Head had bothered to show up with her own team. Seemed easy enough with this team and her here they could have began to treck back home with the prize but now they had to delay because the Jonin assigned as leader bailed on them for whatever reason.

These Hyuga were a weird bunch. Tayuya had come to discover in her time as prisoner.

------
Flashback
Tayuya frowned, in truth she had not been sure what she expected. For one she couldn't even blame Kiro when his attack was casually stopped by Hinagiku; much as she hated to give Konoha any semblance of credit she was a Clan Head which put her among the elite ninja within the village.

So when Hikgaiku stopped and placed him in that water prison, she reserved her tongue on this exchange. The important thing here was that Kiro managed to tap into the power of the curse mark. Not she'd wait to see what effect it'd have on him going forward as the dust finally seemed to settle and some chatter picked up with Shura entering the fray. Tayuya had little care or interest in their discussion as she wandered over to them...

...no easy task, given that they had been moved to a prison for their illegal spar. But Tayuya managed to catch pace and catch up in time to hear Kiro's question about why Sagiso desired this and her rather simple answer. Tayuya shook her head; an amused grin on her face.

"You people are crazy, but that proved to be more eventful then I could have hoped for so I guess letting you take over wasn't a total mistake. Though try not to make it a habit to hijack my affairs in the future." Tayuya said as she made her presence known to the four.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Reaver couldn’t get much rest that night, his twitches and aches keeping him up. The withdrawals became more apparent the longer he was away from the ninja drugs he required. Eventually, the morning came. This is when any self respecting ninja would start working.

But he was no ninja.

The warrior stood up, fastening his breathing mask as he approached the main room. Azumi seemed already up, awaiting at the table for them. Reaver arched a brow, sitting down at the table in a manner befitting of a warrior three times his size.

“You look like your have something on your mind. Go on then, what is it?”

Sagisō ~~Flashback~~

"Not a...total mistake? Are you implying you could do better little Koshō~?"

A gaze of piercing magenta directed itself towards Tayuya, and despite her haggard state -or perhaps it was because of her blood-caked appearance- the girl managed to appear somewhat imposing. Imposing might not even have been the word to describe her. No. Imperious...that was far more fitting.

Tayuya's words, no matter how unintentional, had come off as a slight to the Nadeshiko Kunoichi's pride. It was a direct challenge of her capabilities, and for one whose name was a reflection of pride, it was something she couldn't ignore. Rising to her feet, she made her way over to the bars which were just close enough that her hands could reach out and touch the sound kunoichi.

Stretching her hand through the bar, fingers seeking to trace along the other girl's skin. Tender touches that would grow firmer as Sagisō traveled up her shoulder, across her neck, and finally to her chin. With confidence that welled forth from a location unknown, Sagisō spoke, carefully articulating each letter. "O-N-E-E-S-A-M-A. I'll pry those words out of you once I'm done."

Baiyan

Leaning against the room's eastern wall, seemingly the last to have arrived, Baiyan gazed in the general direction of the duo. Given her blindness, she stuck to walls whenever she wasn't actively sensing her environment. There was little need to constantly be amping her sensing with chakra, and it was simply put -wasteful.

She did not alert the duo to her presences, instead, she simply relaxed her body and sat herself down, resting her sword across her legs. She was keenly aware of the tactic listen first, then speak, and intended to employ it to full effect.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
"Morning," Taiyo greeted his friend cheerfully, although hos expression changed whem he took a wiff of Raiku.

Disgusting....wait, I worked just as hard as he did, if not more, therefore, I should smell just as bad, if not worse than he does.

Time to bathe then...

The Leaf-nin smelled himself to make sure he actually needed to wash himself. He did, badly, so he grabbed his bag which had the materials he needed for his current endeavor, ignoring Hama's sudden appearance. Once prepared, Taiyo headrd off to the same lake that Raiku wad bathing in, but made sure he was far away from his friend as to respect his privacy.

This is embarrassing...

I'd prefer a little embarrassment than being unabke to talk to Sakura, or any of the other girls.

True, now where did I put my cologne...?

Since Shura was still checking something out, Kiro figured he should get ready for the day. Depending on the mission, taking showers were possible. But for this one, with enemies possibly crawling in every direction, it was too risky. Plus the water was probably freezing cold. Luckily, there were still some ways to keep himself approachable without risking his life.

He pulled out another scroll from his pocket and placed it on the ground, activating it. Appearing was a toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, some moisturizer and a few other necessary items. The moisturizer was especially important considering the low temperatures. The winter weather would dry up the skin much quicker due to the low humidity. With the limited preparation time, the germaphobic part of himself managed to prioritize those stuff.

Now he just needed to find some pure water...

Flashback

“Wrist warmer? Oh, that thing. I should still have it...” Kiro mumbled his response for Sagisō’s comment upon Tayuya’s arrival. Perhaps they were actually sisters. Shura was her brother and he showed up. Now it was Tayuya’s turn. He wouldn’t be surprised if the entire extended family showed up as well.

As for Tayuya’s comments, Kiro was certain that she would provide a challenge, but not as much as Sagisō. There would’ve been no reason for him to be hesitant with his attacks against her. After experiencing the full power of the cursed seal and lightning armor for the first time, Kiro was also confident he could kill her when the time came. Of course since he’d be out of commission afterwards, Kiro would have to choose his timing carefully. Even now his chakra still had not returned.

“Well don’t mind me Tayuya. Deal with your sister first.” The Uchiha leaned back against the wall, expecting a little discussion between the ‘sisters’ to take place. Kiro was quite bored and since his attempted conversation with Sagisō was rudely interrupted, this would have to be his entertainment for now.

Henshina listened to what Kiro said after he dropped his façade and asked his upfront question while munching on her s'more. "Well yeah, judging from the two groups I've met yesterday, I'm pretty sure everyone out here are after the same thing, which is me." She declared then took another bite from the s'more. "But you guys don't look like a bad lot, so I stuck around." She joyfully said.

Shura was still looking for a good location to place the signal when he noticed Kiro pull out a whole set of mouth hygiene items. "Weirdly well equipped." He thought before continuing his inspection.

Flashback
Shura was on his way out when he the commotion with Tayuya caught his attention. He walked back to the cell area and peaked around the corner to witness... a more or less odd situation with Sagiso's hand on Tayuya's chin while she spoke something pretty peculiar with a confident tone. "Huh, Sagiso looks pretty displease, I guess Tayuya must have offended her in some way." He thought as he observed the scene, the cat that was with him was now sitting on top of Shura's head.

"Simple. Now that the core of this unit is finally set, we can move forward and I have a mission in mind that should be simple enough to help us operate in sync." Azumi said, before she would begin to further explain.

"Namely, there is a bandit caravan that has been on frequent raids of people within Taki. Rumor goes around that they have some sort of connection or backing from a big wig in the Land of Fire. Simple put the mission at hand would be to eliminate the caravan as well as return any stolen items back to Taki." Azumi said as she gave the mission outline to the pair and even handed a flier with said information to the pair she had collected during Reaver & Baiyan's recovery period. Well, more for Reaver's benefit & direction anyway...

-----------
Sakura had taken note of the fact that both Raiku and Taiyo had in succession gone off in their own. If she remembered the layout of camp right, then the two seemed to be going to take a bath in the lake.

Which was not a bad thing, lord knows they could all use a chance to freshen up, but the alarm sounded as it seems the two forgot who they had been camping with as her eyes widened.

Did these guys forget we are camping with Kiri ninja who we just fought yesterday? Going to a lake of all things with them!?
We're gonna find those idiots as frozen corpses aren't we?

Sakura would move to go to the lake in the hopes she could act as some insurance in the event the Kiri-nin would try something. Though before she could she was stopped by Kai who asked a question which concerned the Uchiha Kiro.

Naturally, when he heard the name the image of him striking Hashima down in her view needlessly sprang to mind as she had a bit of a frown. Though she tried not to let her emotions speak for her...completely.

"Well, I don't know him personally all that well. I don't think we've exchanged much words between each other. From what I have seen...I am far from a fan. I feel he is needlessly malicious and the "need" to kill Hashima in a situation he had fully under control already will always sting with me. I don't have the highest respect for him and I apologize if that offends you." Sakura said to Kai a bit blunt in that regard. But given a friend had been killed in an exam battle it was hard not to fully separate her emotions in this.

Kakashi, in turn, casually tossed a vile that seemed to contain the blood towards Hama as his eyes never left his prized novel. "Here you go, now then I think once everyone is good to go we go our separate ways. It's been, interesting." Kakashi said to Hama matter of factly.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku had finished his morning shower in the nearby lake and proceeded to dry himself with his towel before changing back into his clothes and entering the camp once more. He grabbed something out of his tent and went to one of the campfires from the previous day. He lighted it once more with fire-natured chakra, though he made sure that it wasn't too much as to not start a forest fire.

He took out something out of the bag he grabbed from his tent. Upon further inspection, one could see that it was rabbit meat. Raiku then proceeded to roast it on the fire. Eventually he decided it was heated enough and took it out. He waited for it to not be hot enough to burn his tongue and then ate the cooked rabbit.

Mmm... delicious. I'm glad I asked Ramer to bring back some food while scouting. Too bad he only brought a little, there's only enough for one meal. Oh well.

Raiku then took out more things out of the bag, berries. He'd taken out poisonous ones the day prior so the only ones he had now were completely edible and safe. He finally finished his light meal and then grabbed his canteen which he had filled yesterday. It had a filtration system, so the water was safe too.

After finishing breakfast Raiku decided to rest for a bit before proceeding to run around the camp for exercise. His mind was no longer as calm as when he had woken up since the running got his blood pumping and his body ready to fight or search once more. He finished his last run and then went back to the campsite and packed up his things. He was ready to leave but was sitting down to wait for the others to also finish getting ready.

Kai looked to the side, digesting Sakura’s words. It is true, Kiro did unnecessarily kill Hashima. When he had her in a position where he could easily knock her unconscious. He wouldn’t think much of it were she any other Xeno, but something unsettled him about that. In retrospect, that was the first sign he got of Orochimaru’s tampering with his brain.

“I can’t really blame you.” Kai muttered. “Orochimaru sunk his filthy claws into his head even back then...”

Snapping out of his dismal thinking, Kai turned back to Sakura, tightening his grip, getting closer to the pink haired kunoichi.

“But nevermind That...how is he? Is he adapting to his environment? Is your village treating him well??”

Hama chuckled to herself, swishing the bottle around, determining it indeed was genuine. She traced a finger over her lip, seeming entertained.

“Oh ho? You want rid of me just like that? I feel ever so insulted~ but very well, if it is your wish than I shall bid you adieu when the time comes~”

Hama winked and pocketed the vial of blood in her bag. She walked away from him, making her way toward’s tsuki’s tent. With a small handsign, a small ice thread slithered in, plucking her notebook from her bag. She gave a curious brow, flipping through it.

Hmmmm Kai...Taiyo, Sagiso...my, she does have quite the notes in here doesn’t she? She’ll make a fine scientist in no time at all.

Reaver was quick to snatch the flier that Azumi had shown to both him and Baiyan, despite the latter being blind. His sharp eyes ran down the sheet, deeply laughing.

“So just some likely pirates and raiders? Child’s play, hardly even worth the effort. If lucky, they could have some rouge ninja in their ranks. That would make it far more interesting...!”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku had been overhearing Sakura and Kai's conversation and internally sighed. He knew it was none of his business but he felt as if he'd be able to answer Kai's question better, so he decided to walk up to them.

"From what I've seen from checking on him frequently he doesn't seem to have any problem in the village. Even as a prisoner, I guess you could say, he seems sort of... comfortable."

Raiku thought back to the spar he had with Kiro and realized how his personality had changed from a cold, prideful murderer to a more open, calm kind of guy. At least, that's how Raiku saw it. He thought back to the question Kiro had asked a while ago.

'Was that the first time you’ve lost someone close to you?' Hmm... I wonder what Kai would say if he was asked that same question.

"Kai... what does Kiro mean to you? If he's really a bad person and not corrupted by Orochimaru... does it still mean he's more important than Hashima just because he's from the Mist?"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
After putting away his towel, a freshly cleaned Taiyo walked back to the Leaf/Mist camp, glad that no one attempted to distrupt his bathtime. Once he reached the camp, he saw Kai talking to Raiku and Sakura about something, the leaf nin ignored it, as it wasnt his conversation. However he did notice Tsuki, and decided to start conversation with her.

"Hey Tsuki, how was your rest?"

"Good, no one tried to kill me in cold blood so..., and how about you?" To Taiyo's delight, Tsuki seemed to hold no ill will towards him, despite their villages fighting against each other.

"Same, just finished a bath, so that was nice,"

"Good to hear! Well I gotta get my stuff, but I hope we can talk later!", the Icy kunoichi exclaimed as she cheerfully skipped back to her tent to do as she said.

"See ya!", As such, the FBS master did the same, although instead of getting his stuff, he desired to meditate and focus on his chakra flow.
Tsuki
The Yuki-nin observed her surroundings, taking in the beauty of the campsite. She was already in a good mood and the arrival of Taiyo only made it better.

"Hey Tsuki, how was your rest?" The simple question prompted Tsuki to give her friens a warm smile, seeing as she appreciated being able to have casual conversations, something that had been noticably lacking in her life once she met Hama.

"Good, no one tried to kill me in cold blood, so...and how about you?"

"Same, just finished a bath, so that was nice,"

Didn't need to know that but okay...

"Good to hear! Well I gotta get my stuff, but I hope we can talk later!"

"See ya!" Taiyo's exclamation csused Tsuki to ket out a small giggle, but her good mood was quickly stifled as she saw her teacher sneak around in her notebook.

"Uhm, Hama-sensei...why are you in my notebook?" The Yuki-nin slowly felt her face turn red, and as such she began to cover her face.

Kai quickly jumped, looking back to Raiku, who had suddenly come into the conversation. He scanned the Uchiha for any source of malicious intent, but finding none.

"From what I've seen from checking on him frequently he doesn't seem to have any problem in the village. Even as a prisoner, I guess you could say, he seems sort of... comfortable.” Raiku spoke

Kai seemed confused, even though he worse a mask. Thoughts raced inside his head, as he placed a hand to his chin.

“Comfortable...?” Kai uttered. “That...that must be because he’s surrendered to his fate. He must think he is unredeemable. After father casted him out it’s no wonder he accepted his new life...! Dreadful...”

"Kai... what does Kiro mean to you? If he's really a bad person and not corrupted by Orochimaru... does it still mean he's more important than Hashima just because he's from the Mist?"

“I...”

Kai was taken aback by that. He was never often question of the value of a pure blood lifebin comparison to a Xeno, and that was further blurred by Hashima being an exceptional Xeno and Kiro being a possible defectee. Not wanting to seem that he knew nothing of the subject, he avoided it.

“You Make the assumption he is evil by choice? We have already discussed this. Hashima was an exceptional Xeno, and I would have liked her to keep living. But that doesn’t mean Kiro’s life means any less, nor is forfeit. Kiro is special. I can not describe it in any other way. He just...is.”

Kai hated to seem so conflicted and half baked in front of people, especially foreigners. He cursed to himself. What IS Kiro to me? A friend? A partner? A guardian? I can not find the word to describe it accurately...what is this? What is Kiro to me? I’ve never had to ask myself that before.”

Hama grinned as she saw Tsuki approach her, her face as red as burning coals. Hama flipped another page, her eyes looking into Tsuki’s flustered ones.

“Just examining your notes you’ve taken so far, perhaps they can tell us what we could see on the battlefield dear~ after all, we just saw three people in this book show up, who knows who else will? Why, You seem ever so embraced darling! Something in here I shouldn’t see~?

Tomiko had been ready to give a friendly morning greeting to Katsuo and Mori as they also appeared up, but Guren had left her no time for that as she made it clear that she wanted to get going early; with her rations to serve as a meal if they desired it and the agenda to get water before the moved ahead.

"Right, Lady Guren." Tomiko said with a nod as she would go to request some of those dried rations that she'd distribute evenly between herself Mori & Katsuo before she began to make way with the Crystal-nin to the nearby river with canteen in hand to collect some fresh water.

----------
Madoka had taken note of Koki'o as morning preparations had reached near completion as she had an eyebrow raised; in truth Koki'o had proved to be a rather curious individual to this point even she expected her to be up by now. This could be a minor issue, one that Pakura seemed in no hurry to settle herself as she had been busy with scouting as she had just summoned her coyote pack and instructed them to disperse and scout the area to try and find the scent of the Jinchuriki or any curious individual on the island.

"So, um....do you want to try to wake her or should I?" Madoka asked Yasu as she figured somebody should do something about the slumbering Koki'o as she looked Yasu in the eye to get his view on it.

Yasu

As the only male in the group, and what was likely a 20-mile radius, it might've seemed improper -scandalous even- for the Suna-Shinobi to pick up the task as rousing his newly joined female companion from her bed. However, Yasu had never been one to mind such insignificant detail -though he had to admit, if it were Tomiko who'd been placed before him, things might've been different.

"Does it matter?"

With a nonchalant shrug, he directed his tranquil gaze of indifference towards Madoka. Those where exactly his views on it. It didn't really matter. Still, though, no reason to put in extra effort for no reason, and who knew if the girl was one of those particularly cranky early morning people. "You seemed to be getting along with her last night, so wouldn't it be better if you did it?" Slyly supplying a reason to avoid extraneous work, Yasu pushed the task at hand to Madoka.

"I'll scout around a bit while you get to it."

Leaping to his feet, shooting Madoka a foxy grin, he took off, leaving behind a few words to inform Pakura of his actions. Feathers ruffling, they realigned themselves into a set of makeshift wings adorning his feet. Flittering off and into the forest, Yasu took the high ground, traversing the branches that would normally be too thin to handle his weight. The wings attached to his feet lightened his steps and acting as air buoys that lightened his weight

Baiyan

'Hmmm...'

The task itself seemed easy enough as exterminating bandits was neither hard nor time-consuming. 'However...'

Grip tightening on her blade, and a coy simper tracing her face, the Nadeshiko Kunoichi shuddered in a tense but arousing anticipation. Blind as she might've been, her 'vision' was quite good, and though she remained completely silent, beneath her skin bubbled gleeful anticipation for the carnage to come. Her skills would see improvement even faster than she'd thought.

Team sound walked slowly on the island’s lush ground, as to not draw much attention or noise by doing so in case they were nearby a target. Sakon kept his ever watchful eyes on the greenery in front of him while Ukon had his back. Zaku kept his ears wide and alert, all the while looking at the left side, as if begging an enemy to come up to the chopping block.

Kidomaru swung silently behind them, keeping two sets of hands detecting his vast webway network of feelers, all the while swinging from tree to tree by rope. Kou unlike everyone else seemed far from productive, focusing on cuddling the rat in his pocket with his right hand.

I feel like the further we go, the closer we are getting to fighting that girl...there’s gotta be another way. If only mama Palentra were here...maybe she could tell me what to do...

Several weeks ago.....

At the Outskirts of ryuuchi cave, it was night out. Where any reasonable ninja would have turned away and gone back to their village. Inside the cave snakes across the caverns of bends, There was a small clearing. A flicker of light sleeping through from the ceiling. A faint appearance of the moon and stars could be seen peeking through.

In the same area of the cave, there lie a single, prestine bed, unfitting of the cave. Around it piles of makeshift toys made of wood, strings, and rock. Palentra approached the bed, carrying an exhausted Kou on her arm.

“But I don’t wanna go to sleep...” Kou muttered

“Mhm...everyone needs sleep.” Palentra spoke with her echoey voice. “If you don’t sleep, the day to come would be so disappointed if you don’t greet it.”

“Maybe you have a point...” Kou yawned loudly. “Doesn’t mean I have to like it though....”

Palentra put her arm over the bed, Kou dangling from it upside down. He groaned, the Broodlord simply draped him onto the bed, removing him from his arm in one smooth motion. As he lie there, several rats of varying shapes and sizes came from her, around a dozen. From the size of a cup to the size of a large dog, the rats raced to share the bed with Kou, who giggled as they raced by him.

“Hehe, stop it guys that tickles!”

“Settle down little ones. Night approaches.”

Kou our hismelf under the covers, his smile fading once he realized that he still didn’t want to go to sleep. Being the kid he was, he looked up to Palentra with an almost pouty look.

“I don’t wanna go to sleep though...”

“Is that so? Well then, perhaps a lullaby could soothe you to sleep.”

“Come my child, Stay with me. I'll protect you and your dreams. Rest my child, Neath the tree. Like it's branches reach for me.”

Palentra sang in a soothing tone as she tucked in each and every one of her young into the bed. She had almost a sad tone to her voice, as if remembering bittersweet memories of the past.

So, let me keep you safe and warm here in my arms. Think of the life that we could live, the joy that it could give. Even if we're worlds apart, stay in my heart. Someday when you've a choice to make, I hope you'll think of me...”

Kou’s Eyes felt heavy, and so did Palentra’s, for two different reasons. She gave Kou a whiskfull look as his eyes closed, although he wasn’t asleep yet.

“Think of me...Think of me...”

Tracing a lone fingertip down his face, Palentra made sure to do so gently. One could almost make out water coming from her eyes. She sat in the caves, a once bustling cavern of her kind and her expansive family...now only what lies before her.

“Maybe
we'll meet again. And you'll have made many friends. But if you find you've strayed...I'll forgive you anyway.”

Kou slowly drifted to sleep alongside the rest of his brothers and sisters. Palentra’s tearful serenade continued.

“So...stay determined as you grow, love as you go. Think of the kindness that I've shared, and cherish those who care. Even when we're worlds apart, stay in my heart. Someday you'll have a choice to make, I hope that you'll be good. Please be good...”

With her adopted and biological children asleep, plaentra let a single wet tear drop into the fur around her eyes. She knelt in towards Kou, slightly nudging against face to wish him a final goodnight

“Just be good...”

Sakura watched as Raiku asked what appeared to be a hard hitting question to Kai as he wrestled with what he considered "Kiro" to be to him. Which given his lack of an immediate answer was a bit curious, as the way Kai talked up Kiro she presumed the two were best friends and he'd be quick to clarify that if it had been the case.

Now, wrestling with the idea a comrade might not be who you believe him to be would he hard to swallow. And to some degree she felt sympathy....well as much as one could for an individual who gleefully called for the death of all xenos which admittedly wasn't much. Still her expression betrayed none of that.

"Well, I guess you can ask yourself this. Does Kiro matter to me for who he is or only for the headband he wears?" Sakura asked, or rather gave a question for Kai to ask himself as Kakashi observed in silence.

-----------
Tayuya, while she got her answer from Takato, had been rather annoyed that both Kiro & Shura along with the Jinchuriki ignored her completely. Which had been enough to set off a scowl as Takato paid it no mind and merely focused on the conversation with the Jinchuriki and the group while Tayuya decided to go with Kiro to get some fresh water.

"You know I don't appreciate being ignored." Tayuya said matter of factly to Kiro as she had never been the type to bottle up even mild annoyances and expressed herself to the Uchiha.

-----
Flashback
"I don't imply anything. I merely think you were a bit soft in the beginning, I tend to be more aggressive." Tayuya said as she only had an eyebrow response when Sagiso stood tall and began to trace a finger around her body. Naturally, this caused Tayuya to take a step back and swipe at her finger as she felt this was far too close and personal for her liking, before she heard the Hyuga's threat or promise to get her to utter the words "Onee-Sama" out of her.

Tayuya merely blinked in confusion. She had spoken herself, and heard, a lot of threats that had to be the most unusual one she ever heard. Tayuya had that look of stupefied shock only but momentarily before she shook her head and let out a sigh.

"Alright, guess I didn't make my point of emphasis clear enough before. I am not your sister, or your brother or your third cousin or any of that shit. And if you think I am ever gonna utter that word even on my death bed you've got another thing coming." Tayuya said, quick to deny and try to die down this urge from here here and now. The only loyalty or bond she could argue she had was to Orochimaru and formally her Sound 4. And they were merely extensions of his will, not some family crap. Tayuya had been burned by loved ones long ago and she was not about to let this stranger decide they had any kind of bond. Only the Snake offered "embrace" she turned to.

Taji was curious about the Jinchuriki's position, she hoped that they were still within Aisha's odor range. We were lucky that Kenji met her, she's proven to be invaluable for this mission. As she was praising Aisha and the luck they had for meeting her, she noticed Kenji lying on his back with an odd expression for him. So far she has always seen him happy, or atleast with an emotion. Kenji without an expression wasn't really the Kenji she knew.

"Hey, what's up? You look troubled by something, if you need to get something off your chest you can talk to me." The kunoichi sat down next to the genin, slightly worried about him even though she wouldn't acknowledge that. If she couldn't be strong, who would stay strong? "Is...it about the Chunin Exams?" She heard some impressive stories about the genin that participated in it, and she took a wild guess that he was troubled by his performance.

-----------------------
Mori was confused as to why Tomiko didn't greet him, usually she was incredibly cheerful regardless of the situation. "What's that all about? I wasn't rude or anything." He followed Tomiko with his eyes and saw that she went towards Lady Guren who was walking to...somewhere. He quickly gathered the cut up roots and berries in his pocket and put his tanto back before walking towards Katsuo. "We're moving out, come on." He left the multi headbanded ninja with those words and followed Tomiko and Lady Guren.

"I'm right behind, sorry for the delay." He apologised to the group leader and tapped Tomiko on her shoulder. "Where are we going? And could you walk next to me? That way you can look at where you're going and I can read your lips. Still deaf, so I need to adapt." He was serious, but let out a laugh. "You'd think I'd be blind as a mole, but no. I am deaf, not quite as fitting wouldn't you say?"

“But you guys don’t look like a bad lot, so I stuck around.”

When Kiro heard Henshina’s response, he held a doubtful expression for a brief second. In the past few months, he brutally murdered an innocent person in the exams, attempted to join the devilish snake and worst of all, betrayed the one person who had his back. He was also a prisoner by the way. ‘Yeah, not that bad...’

The Uchiha didn’t make a comment when Henshina took a bite of the s’more before brushing her teeth. Rather than thinking the worst, he presumed she would brush her teeth afterwards. Kiro gathered his items and began heading off before being called out by Tayuya, who started following him.

“What? You want me to tell you ‘good morning’ or something? I honestly wasn’t trying to ignore you. Takato answered your question about our discussion and I felt no need to restate it.” The Uchiha glanced in the direction of the Nara, who successfully managed to disguise his presence through his laziness. Speaking of which, weren’t Takato and Shura also on the mission to chase the Sound? They should have some information on the ‘enemy’ if they were.

Letting out a sigh, Kiro looked back at the campfire with the food before continuing ahead. “Well, there are s’mores for breakfast. Eat some if you want, I’m just going to go wash my mouth first.”

Sagisō ~~Flashback~~

"It's beyond your control little Koshō."

The cleaver of words left her mouth, chopping down with a decisiveness that could sever nails, and left absolutely no quarter for discussion. There was a faint familiarity to her posture, the inflection of her voice, and the aloofness with which she spoke. A subtly mimicry of Hinagiku's authoritative tone.

Reeling in her eyes, she tossed them towards the Prison Area's entrance, hooking the shadows cast by Shura's figure. "Aniue, if you're gonna lurk around then could you bring some books for me?" With her body in no state for ninjutsu training as a result of her latest mission and a few fractured bones, Sagisō had switched focuses. Rather than the route of power that most traversed, she had decided to walk a much finer, and arguably more difficult road. That of finesse and deftness.

She'd begun by honing both her chakra control and her minute muscle control through means of meditation and Baguazhang. Both being practices which focused on painstakingly slow efforts and precise machinations rather that motion intensive exercise, meaning that even her broken arm would not impede her training.

Sagisō had, notwithstanding, determined that to truly walk the path of minute subtly, the mind would need to be trained in conjunction with the body. Thus she picked out several areas which she thought to be complementary to her development and began to study.

"I need texts on Acupuncture, Neidan, Meridians, the Chakra Network, Tui Na, and anything else you can find on Traditional Chinese Medicine...pretty please~ ♥ "

Knowing that she was asking for a lot of books, especially given the vast stores that the Hyūga Clan kept, the Kunoichi added a bit of sugar to her words, hoping Shura would pick up the task.

In Mori’s pocket, King mori seemed to be mute but appeared to visually cackled and roll on the ‘ground’ in the card. His fists hitting the ground like he was laughing uncontrollably while his detached torso kicked about in the air. It appeared although he was mute in his card state, he could still emote. It appeared he found the ‘rude’ comment amusing.

"Well, I guess you can ask yourself this. Does Kiro matter to me for who he is or only for the headband he wears?" Sakura asked, or rather gave a question for Kai to ask himself as Kakashi observed in silence.

“No...” Kai spoke with an uncharacteristically unsure way. “He is an ally, a compartriot. He proved himself in that regard. I’ve saved his life many of times, and he confided in me. We have a bond that transcends village relation, much like Hashima. Audacious of you to think that I only cared about his pure mist status. If it were only that, my father stripped him of that so I should be done with him right? No. It is not that easy...”

Tightening his hand into a fist, he remembered the scene clear as day. Jin putting his shoe to Kiro’s bloodied head while nearly freezing the young Uchiha to death. Disowning him from the mist and forcing him into leaf custody.

“Even pure bloods can make mistakes, contrary to popular belief. And this was a mistake my father made. He has every right to return to the mist with me.”

Flashback

The Uchiha was shocked by this development. This prison might as well have been a change of scenery for him. Here Sagisō was casually asking for items to be delivered to her from the outside world. ‘Traditional Chinese Medicine? What?’ Just the topic of the books alone had him suspicious.

And that gentle, eloquently deceptive voice used to persuade her clueless brother, Kiro recognized the brainwashing immediately. Piece by piece, he slowly started to piece the mechanics together. When Sagisō first stated the byakugan could read minds, he was skeptical. However, with more evidence, it was hard to completely deny the claim.

The event of his capture was a confusing one. There were multiple groups focused on their own agendas. Only Kai was on his side. However, there was a single concern held by all of them at that point in time. What to do with him? Coming to the conclusion that everyone was somewhat focused on the same thing with her mind-reading abilities, Sagisō had successfully manipulated the group of shinobi by simply leading them onto the path of her choosing. Even he had been frozen in time by her otherworldly powers, preventing him from reacting. Lady Hinagiku had probably done the same thing to the Leaf higher ups to imprison him in the Hyūga Clan.

Kiro lightly chuckled to himself as he slowly got to his feet. It all started to make sense now. After limping over to the steel door, the Uchiha got a good look at Tayuya, who had her usual ticked off expression. Kiro didn’t know what to believe anymore since she firmly denied any type of sibling relationship with Sagisō. Now that he thought about it, Sagisō was probably messing with Tayuya too. He wondered if that was just in her nature. Was she entertained by it?

Considering their conversation seemed like it was finished, Kiro spoke up to the Oto-Nin.

“This prison is an actual joke Tayuya. So if you’re not going to get me out of here, bring me some snacks or something. Just grab the bag of marshmallows in the kitchen pantry if you want. I also have an extra set of clothes in the drawer by my bedside. If you also have some time, bring some air freshener as well because I cannot stand the filth of this place.” Kiro paused as he tried to remember the final process of Sagisō’s brainwashing technique. There were two distinct words that he had trouble putting together.

“Uh... pretty please?”

Sagiso ~~Flashback~~

Some people happened to be gifted at certain tasks. Sagiso, for example, was a very persuasive speaker, as the Uchiha beside her had rightly picked up upon but quite wrongly immitated. While the girl's own gentle voice and willingness to abuse familial relations for petty benefits had resulted in her request being at least somewhat feasible, the Uchiha on the other hand...

She'd rather listen to glass on a cheese-grater. He wasn't cute in the slightest.

Nevertheless, although her stomach did nauseous summersaults, she held her tongue. The Uchiha had...misunderstood entirely the nature of this prison. His words weren't wrong per see, items could be requested within the prison, but Kiro had gone about it the wrong way, he'd asked for far too much at once. Rather, it wasn't even the quantity of items he'd asked for, but instead who he'd asked, and what he'd asked for. While Shura was a Hyuga and wouldn't be so strictly monitered, Tayuya held no such advantage. Furthermore, as Prisoners, everything they'd owned had been confiscated, down to their very clothing, as the Hyuga provided those in leui. Everything the 'prisoners' came into contact with was Hyuga provided, thus ensuring there could be no funny business. This of course, included the marshmallows that Kiro was prompting Tayuya to steal from the Kitchen pantry. (The duo of non-Hyuga weren't allowed to cook their own meals either as it was provided for them at the Clan's Mess Hall.)

It went without saying that petty theft would not be overlooked, especially by people who were supposed to be prisoners. Sagiso, somewhat mischeviously, with held speaking up about these facts. If Tayuya really went through with Kiro's suggestions, Sagiso would eagerly greet the Sound Kunoichi when she wound up in the cell next to them.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
"Proved... himself? I assumed he saved your life or did something good for you then? I hope that's true... I don't like the idea of an Uchiha being a disgusting human being. From my village or not. Well... I hope I eased your mind about Kiro.... I believe that he's in another group from Konoha. Maybe I'll meet him again in this mission."

Raiku was pleasantly surprised by this response from Kai. He had found himself thinking that the prideful Kiri-nin was not a bad person unlike his previous feelings towards him.

"I can see you actually really care about your village and friends. I guess that's something we have in common. I think you're going to become a really strong ninja, though I hope that if you do we don't end up being enemies. Your leader on the other hand..."

Raiku shuddered and made it clear she weirded him out.

I don't like the idea of someone extracting blood from multiple people for "research purposes."

"Well, anyways that's all I have to say to you. I'm just basically waiting for the rest of my team to get ready. Speaking of which, where's Taiyo?" Raiku asked Sakura.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Tsuki
"Something in here I shouldn’t see~?"

This caught Tsuki's attention, allowing her face to lose a notable shade of red as a result. Techincally, she had nothing to hide, so it stood to reason that Hama had every reason to look in her book, but just because that was true, doesnt mean she had to like it.

"No...I just dont like people seeing what Im doing is all..." The redness had retreated to Tsuki's cheeks, but she was still quite embarrassed.
Taiyo
Focus...

...on what?

Let the chakra flow through your veins...

Doesnt it already do that ob its own?

Look, meditating is as hard as it is with all thats going on right now without you all up in my head, so your silence is valued.

The minute Taiyo lost focus of his chakra, now taking upon the explosive nature of FBS, cause a minor implosion in the chest area, causing him to know have to grasp his chest as he walked out of the tent, gasping for air.

Fuck..fuck...FUCK!

WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME THIS WOULD HAPPEN?!

BECAUSE I DIDNT KNOW IT WOULD?

"Hey...does anyone...have a cure...for mild chest implosion..?"

All of a sudden, Mei’s door slammed open. Jin Yuki boldly waltzed I’m escorted by his Honor guard, ever so attached to his hip. He seemed to be carrying several scrolls and papers and paced forward with a tone of urgency.

“Mei! We have a situation.”

He put the four papers onto her desk, his stoic expression seeming ever more disturbed. Starting to unravel the first paper, the head of the Yuki clan began to speak.

“These papers that have been all across town were mysterious as we knew them. None of our clans posted them neither have you. And they appeared somehow magically overnight without any of our knowledge. That’s not the weirdest part, most certaintly not...”

Unraveling the other three papers, they showed exact copies of Heshina’s wanted poster, and where her possible wearbouts would be.

“These fliers were found in four different villages. Same material, print, and time they were put up. This was a coordinated effort of cluing ALL the villages in at once. I believe this is a set up, a ploy. Whomever or whatever has arranged this intricate plan on luring all of us here is most certainly not of good intentions! I demand we take immediate action and vacate our forces there, and have the enemies suffer whatever ill fate awaits them from this discover. But we have to act fast if we aren’t too late already.”

Shura walked upt to a big tree near the area they were at. "I guess this willl do." He said to himself before pulling out a Kunai. Slashing at the bark of the tree, Shura carved on the tree the 8 trigrams sign for retreating. He created a shadow clone. "Now, to carve this on the other islands as well." He thought as he sent his clone off. Shura walked back to the camp area. "We're leaving soon, so wash up quickly and eat on the road." He ordered.

Flashback
Shura observed the scene quietly until Sagiso saw him adn gave him her request in a catesy way as a way to charm him. "Who does she think I am." He thought with a sigh. "I think you should wait until you're out confinement to ask for that." He said while scratching the back of his head. "But i don't think your request is too much to allow, so try asking it to the person who's supposed to patrol this place when they come around." He added. Shura noticed Kiro try to imitate Sagiso to ask for something out of Tayuya of all people but offered no comment.

M

Brow knotted with what as either frustration or annoyance -difficult to tell- Mei gave the most casual and dismissive of sidelong glances towards the quartet of papers stacked in front of her. Four copies of the Jinchuriki's wanted poster. If she recalled correctly...she'd already delegated matters regarding the Jinchuriki to the Yuki Clan yesterday.

Her eyes lifted to focus on Jin. 'So why are you still here making a ruckus in my office rather than dealing with it? And for that matter, why are you so god-damned loud? did seven of you really need to come just to deliver some paper?' , words better left unsaid floated through Mei's mind. More important though, were the implications that came with Jin's presumptions. The world dimmed and vanished, replaced by utter darkness as the Mizukage closer her eyes thoughtfully.

"Then do you have any thoughts on this 'ploy'? Perhaps an inkling of the ploy's goal, or a clue as to the master mind?"

Flashback
First off, Kiro was completely taken aback by Shura’s quick denial of the request. ‘Just who is this guy?’ The idea that this ‘brother’ of hers could potentially be on a greater level briefly crossed his mind. Technically having a sibling bond should increase the chances of success for the persuader. Considering how high Sagisō’s persuasion attribute seemed to be, even a minimal boost should’ve been enough to guarantee success.

Kiro also wondered what his persuasion level was at. Tayuya’s response should give him a rough estimate. Then again, her dislike of him would probably decrease his chances. A negative effect. Even though she seemed pleased with the results of the battle, Kiro doubted there was a significant increase in how she felt about him. If Sagisō’s mind control couldn’t work on Shura, then Kiro had no chance in getting Tayuya’s assistance.

‘I’ll need to gather some more information on her brother before I can fairly assess his threat level. As for now...’ Kiro continued to watched Tayuya as he awaited her response.

"O-oh sorry! I didn't mean to leave you hanging, guess Guren's call caught my attention is all." Tomiko said as she offered Mori an apology as she seemed to have left her comrade hanging.

Then she realized Mori was deaf, and quickly moved to his side with his good ear and repeated the apology. Which only caused her shame to increase all the more. "Maybe but hey that's what a team is all about, learning to cover each other's short comings and you have my word I will help you through this till we get back to Iwa safe and sound and you can get proper treatment." Tomiko said with her usual firm resolve and a thumbs up to show Mori that she had his back.

"Anyway, we are going to the river to get water. Then we head up to tract for the Jinchuriki." Tomiko explained to Mori's good ear so he'd be filled on on what the group was set to do for now.

------------
"Oh no, it isn't solely to do with the exams. Really I screwed myself there and if anything my lingering regret was that I might have screwed over someone else's chance." Kenji said, a reference to the fact that his beating from Sagiso left him prone and helpless and Sakura had to work to heal and patch him up and help him cross the finish line to the end. Effort and energy she could have preserved for herself as Kenji felt Sakura hindered her chances for his sake.

A debt he had yet to repay.

But irregardless he turned to Taji and sat up as he took a moment to stretch while he then reached for something in his bag.

"Tell me, what inspired you to become a ninja? What do you consider your ninja way?" Kenji asked, which was both a deep but simplistic question that seemed out of the blue but he'd wait for her answer all the same.

-----------
Madoka let out a sigh as it appeared Yasu was keen to dodge the issue of the slumbering Nadeshiko ally which was far from the preferred responsibility but she figured it had to be done as she walked over to her tent to enter. Madoka could have tried to shake her away or simply asked her to wake up but she figured if she was gonna do this it'd be better to go with what she had used as a sure thing.

Madoka pulled out a lone feather, one of the many she used for Raven, as she began to stroke it along the exposed flesh of the girl's ankle.

"Hey, time to get up. Wake up and go to school or whatever...." Madoka said as she made her passionate plea behind that dry tone as she looked to stir her awake.

------------
Flashback
Tayuya had an eyebrow twitch when she heard for Kiro's calls to her, even with that tacked on please thrown at the end of it Tayuya felt insulted. This request, for her to fetch him food and clothing, had been a step away in her head from him asking her to match him a sandwich. Who did he think she was?

"Look....I am not your fucking maid. I'm sure there is some Hyuga worker or somebody else you can pester for your personal requests but I am not your delivery girl." Tayuya said as she gave Kiro an affirmative decline to his request.

“Does it matter who the mastermind is?” Jin sternly glared at Mei. “All we know is that is that every single village at the exact same time was given the exact same message. Whatever and whoever did this has malicious intent, and is incredibly organized and precise about this. Not only that, but actively knows where the jinchurki is and is choosing to lure us all there. Advertising it for the world to see. You can’t possibly see how that isn’t be a set up?”

The fool. Does she really want to deflect an issue of national danger? She doesn’t seem to have any urgency regarding this matter. Regardless. This is but a formality. I do not need her permission.

Mei

Flabbergasted. Dumbfounded. Utterly Stupefied.

She locked eyes with Jin, searching his face for the slightest indication that he didn't actually believe the nonsensical drivel coming from his mouth. She found none. This had been quite a powerful blow to her psyche, and the shock that seized her mind also wrenched open her mouth, leaving her jaw ajar.

She took a moment to recompose herself, her pupils swimming between Jin and the honor guard he was so proud of. Were the so-called Guardians of Knowledge, Will, Heritage, and Heart, but meaningless decorations?

She pinched the bridge of her nose, lowering her head as if suddenly assaulted by a migraine. With her remaining had she simply waved away the group of men. "...yea...of course, just do what you think is best."

Releasing a stress-filled sigh, she turned to a nearby attendant, "Summon Shōshitsugetsu Hōzuki and a division of Hunter-nin. Have them report to be in an hour. Have another attendant bring me a map immediately, and send a message to Chino. Hopefully, this matter won't be as thorny as I imagine."

Sagisō ~~ Flashback ~~

Squinting towards the prison's entrance, she directed her hate-filled gaze towards Shura. That damned traitor!

Scoffing at the traitorous sibling, Sagisō strode deeper into her cell, sitting in the deepest corner. She would wait for Furījia, the faithful one, with the girl's position in the clan news of today's happenings would reach her without fail. At the very least, her most adorable little sister wouldn't abandon her as Shura had.

Her sulky contemplation was broken slightly when Tayuya began vehemently declining Kiro's request -as was expected. Particularly, the comment about her not being a maid. "That...might be cute..."

Mentally, the girl filed a note to make an advance toward that goal at a later date.

Flashback
The Uchiha simply nodded when he heard the expected response. At least he tried. Sighing for a moment, Kiro tried to think of a response that wouldn’t be taken as offensive. Since it was Tayuya, that would be a challenge. So rather than overthink his next words, he just spoke with a relaxed tone.

“Not even a ‘maybe’, that’s depressing Tayuya. Can’t say I wasn’t expecting that answer though.” Pausing for a brief moment, Kiro took a glance in Sagisō’s direction. There was a hint of satisfaction somewhere inside of him and a slight smirk grew on his face to replicate the feeling. However, he quickly neutralized the expression and turned back to Tayuya. “I did hold up my end of the bargain. Even though I’m in here, I still trust you to hold up yours.” Kiro didn’t need to explain the literal terms of their original agreement. Sagisō and Shura were right there and who knew what other Hyūga was listening.

"I appreciate the enthusiasm Reaver, but this is not about finding "fun" as the main priority. It is simply clearing a mess, working on team synergy and helping to get a foot in the door with those at Taki to better relations and combat injustice against them.." Azumi explained as Reaver seemed eager though she was quick to remind him that finding and hoping for strong guys to fight had not been the be all end all with this mission.

"It should be short and sweet. Just eliminate a group of low life bandits, take their stolen possessions and move on. Clean swift....​

-----
"Okabe, we need to talk. This cannot go on...."
Okabe Hokichi, former Chunin of Konoha and father of two had returned with other members of the "hunters" among the caravan returned from a recent raid along with his wife Chiziwa. "Hunters" had been the more flattering term for what they did, though public perception in Taki labeled them with less flattering but more accurate terms.

Bandits, raiders, thieves, criminals. Okabe had heard them all, and it stung his pride that this was what his life had devolved into. But unfortunate circumstances, a bad injury on a mission and a certain "resettlement" program all but forced several low income individuals within the Land of Fire out to fend for themselves. Okabe would recover from the injury, to some degree, and would teach his wife the ways of the ninja as they would join up with others who faced similar circumstances and formed a collective caravan.

Okabe meant to do honest work. He truly did, as he wanted to set a positive example for his two young boys. Kuroda & Watari, but it was hard to find good honest work as one technically without a nation to call their own. Then he came calling, a certain big wig with connections to the feudal lord who desired something. Taki was a small village, not really a blimp much to the radar of a superpower beyond the occasional trade exchange but what this guy had known was Taki had some treasures and items of great value that he desired and would be of benefit to the Land of Fire. But they couldn't be overt with such a desire, as an action might entice a response form Taki's neighbors Iwa which was the last thing on anyone's mind.

So, Okabe's caravan was an end around. They provide this big wig with their service and transport of goods, and in turn he'd assure them payment and someday fresh land to settle in back within the villages of the Land of Fire.

Sure some, like rogue ninja Scrappa, reveled in this lifestyle and being able to make raids and spread personal infamy. But he and his personal allies within the caravan had been a minority; most simply did what they did cause there was no opportunity elsewhere. And as evident by his wife and her worried look, some had been more outspoken proponents. Okabe let out a sigh, but before he could respond...

"Hey dad hey dad! I've got something I want to show you!"

"Wha...no this was my idea!"

"Nah uh!"

"Uh huh!"

"Nah uh!"

"Nah..."

"B-boys boys its alright it's alright. What do you have to show?" Okabe asked as both Kuroda & Watari pulled out what appeared to be an origami of a bird; one that both Okabe and Chiziwa took to heart as the bird was symbolic of what they and most within the caravan desired. Freedom from this life on the run, and a return to the way things used to be. And in spite of these moral struggles, Okabe remained optimistic and urged Chiziwa to press on as he had been certain he saw a light at the end of the tunnel through all this.

------
"...and without exception. Any other questions?"
------------
Sakura had been about to answer Raiku's question, but before she had a chance Taiyo stumbled out of his tent and had a hand to the chest as he appeared to be in obvious pain. The alarm sounded even before Taiyo made mention of his "relief for chest implosion" as she dashed over to the fire nin and worked to try to get him on his back.

"Alright, hold still and be weary....this might sting." Sakura said, as her hands began to glow green as she worked to try to remove his shirt enough to get access to his bare chest as she began an attempt to treat this wound. Which as Sakura got insight into it was more sever than she expected.

Kami....what did you do you do?
Did this idiot try to set his lungs on fire or something? What the hell!?
We'll ask why later, right now we need to make sure he doesn't drop dead.
Right, because if anyone is gonna kill this moron it will be us!
Let's not get into that...

Sakura focused in as she worked to try and repair the damaged and inflamed tissue of Taiyo's chest to counter the damage dealt by his FBS attempt.

Flashback
Shura noticed the obviously frustrated response that Sagiso showed towards his answer regarding her request. "What's that for? I already came to a place I'm probably not allowed in and you're asking me to run an errand for you? Yeah I'm not digging myself into a deeper hole." He thought with a sigh. He then turned his attention towards Kiro and Tayuya's conversations. "Well, that's to be expected." He thought.

Sagisō ~~Flashback~~

'Hah! What petty excuse could he have!?'

Since he's already in a hole, what was one additional teeny tiny eensy itsy bitsy little clump of dirt?

Crystal orbs of bitter magenta reflected Shura, within their depths was a gaze of contempt and disdain. However, such scorn was like a prize, drawn only to the most deserving. Sweeping Shura's legs from under him were the combined forces of Kiro Uchiha and Tayuya. In Sagisō's eyes, they'd donned masks of jesters, performing a two-man skit in a world of their own.

Were they some kind of stealth gods? Or was it that the entire Hyūga Clan was blind, deaf and mentally challenged?

The duo's commitment to their act was laudable, but their audience wasn't buying it. 'Still in the mood to play secret agent? Do you think no one would notice when you started discussing the Curse Mark and Orochimaru in the middle of the Hyūga Training Hall?'

Without even mentioning the observers secretly assigned to both shinobi, the duo's exceptional subtly and ability to speak in code- Oh wait, wrong words. Ahem. The duo's high-flown modus operandi and direct manner of speech ensured that the minute the word 'Orochimaru' came out of one of their mouths, every Hyūga in earshot would've been paying keen attention. Their insistence at trying to keep things 'under wraps' was, at this point, plain pitiful to watch. They were likely the only ones who still believed they were keeping a secret.

Not that Sagisō would enlighten them of their farce. There were more important things to be done. The rapidly approaching click of wooden sandals against the hardened floor caused Sagisō's face to blossom. Rounding the corner and delving down the halls was Furījia, and while the Egret Orchid's petals were in full bloom, the Freesia's petals were ladened with dew.

Last edited:

"I can see you actually really care about your village and friends. I guess that's something we have in common. I think you're going to become a really strong ninja, though I hope that if you do we don't end up being enemies. Your leader on the other hand..."

Kai hesitated to comment about Hama, seeing her and kakashi talk about something in the imdistance with her *unique* mannerisms. Kai sighed.

“She...has her own issues...” Kai shook his head. “Contrary to popular belief though, I don’t hate all Xenos. It’s just Xenos often don’t know their place around superiors, and I often have to show them the error of their ways.”

Hama giggled from tsuki’s comment. “Oh ho ho? Then why are you protesting so much? You wouldn’t survive a day as a hyuga darling, your privacy would be ziltch~”

Turning a page, she found quite a lot of notes scribbled down about Taiyo. His name showing up several times alongside details that were frivolous and didn’t need to be there. Hama arched a brow to her.

“This Taiyo person, this is the same Taiyo you said you wanted to bond with? Hmmmm?”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Raiku was visibly worried for Taiyo as he came in with a rather painful condition. Luckily they had Sakura who seemed to be experience in medical ninjutsu. After hearing Kai's comment he chuckled internally.

Superiority, huh? I bet if you just give him that sense that's how you really feel then he'll actually open up to you.

"Makes sense, after all your great nation is so strong that it can pull itself together multiple times and have a lot of strong clans. Plus ANBU that are a whole other tier than other villages, it's no wonder you're better than the rest of us."

Though Raiku didn't necessarily disagree with most of that, he did purposely ignore many more details which "Xeno" villages have over the Mist. Though he found it in his best interest to not say anything too prideful as to not challenge Kai's ego. He feared that wouldn't end well.