• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Shaken up by the sudden appearance of Shura, Henshina took a step back and put her hand on the hilt of her sword. "Who are you? What do you want?" She asked. Having gone through two different encounters earlier in the day with team Darui and team sound, Henshina was now a lot more wary than she usually would be. "Oh don't mind me, I'm just some guy." Shura answered. "My name's Shura." He casually added. After a little bit of silence, Shura spoke up. "So are you the famous Jinchuriki everyone is looking for?" He asked. Twitching at the statement, Henshina prepared to engage in battle. "Yeah, so what if I am?" She spoke back. Hearing Henshina confirm his suspicion, Shura shrugged. "Alright, I won't bother you any more than I already have, good night." He said before turning around and starting to walk back to his camp. While he walked away, Henshina stood there watching with a stunned expression, Gyuuki did as well within his consciousness world. "What was that guy on about?" He spoke in a confused tone. Without responding, Henshina began walking towards the direction Shura went. "Huh? Hey what're you doing you fool?" He shouted. "I'm following that guy, he's amusing to say the least." She said back "I've made up my mind and nothing you say to me will change it" She followed. Gyuuki responded with an annoyed sigh.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
At first, Taiyo was having a peacful rest, but the subtle twitching of his eye said otherwise. In truth he was hungry, and due to his previous encounters with the mist caused him to distrust them completely, save for Tsuki. Eventually, his hunger grew so large that he felt compelled to get some fresh air. Whilst leaving the tent, the leaf-nin got reasonably concerned when he saw the known Xenophobe gine along with his two friends.

Oh, no....

THAT ICY MOTHERFUCKER! ILL KILL HIM!

Without hesistation, Taiyo ran down the hill to find Kai, and while he did, he also found Raiku and Sakura, the three of them seeming to mourn someone. Once he did read it, his eyes widened as his expression changed from panicked anger to a sudden sadness.

"You.. You too? You felt... The ties with her...?”

The realizing words from Raiku sparked in the FBS master another feeling towards Kai, not disdain, not respect, but gratitude.

"She saved my life...and then... I find that she dies a few days later...I wished I could have stoppped it...I owed her my life...and I couldn't save her from the cold mistress that is death as she did with me," Taiyo's voice was choked and teary, he then turned to Kai and offered a weak smile through his tears, "Thank you...thank you for giving Hashima a proper burial. Do..do you mind if I pay her tribute?" Taiyo was prepared for the harshest no he had ever gotten. Knowing Kai, he would likely accuse him of false grief and shun him, but at least he could be shunned knowing Kai got the respect he deserved.

‘Damn, it’s so cold!’

Those were Kiro’s thoughts as he continued to hold himself tightly. He had just been laying by the side of a tree, with his eyes closed, hoping to fall asleep. Shura had been on guard duty, so the Uchiha just chose to assume any sound of movement was his. Still though, when Kiro opened his eyes, he hadn’t expected the Hyūga to be missing.

‘What the hell?!’ Kiro blinked a few times to clear his vision. There was still no sign of Shura. Had he ditched them? No, Takato was still there. He was expecting for Tayuya and himself to be used as bait or executed at some point. If it wasn’t Hinagiku or Sagisō, Shura could be the one to do it. If the Hyūga Head knew her stuff, then she would know that he believed Shura was the least likely choice. But that also meant he had to be even more aware of the young Hyūga.

Looking over at Tayuya, he couldn’t tell whether or not she was sleeping. From what Kiro had observed of her, it didn’t seem as she had been plotting anything. Tayuya would’ve fooled them all if she had been. As for himself, he was pretty lax at the moment. There was no point wasting energy on such negative thoughts. Kiro decided he’d wait for Hinagiku to play her card first. Considering Kiro’s track record, it was in his best interest to see how far he could play with the Leaf. That meant he’d have to prove his ‘loyalty’ somehow...

Letting the frosty air flow from his mouth as he took a breath, Kiro activated his sharingan. That’s all he needed to see what was coming. Normally one would feel fear when faced with such a presence, such chakra, but instead he was pleased. It was a good thing the fire had been put out awhile ago or else such an appearance wouldn’t have occurred. Shivering as he slowly stood up, the Uchiha prepared to respectfully greet their guest.

‘Well done Shura. Well done...’

Walking at a casual pace back to his campsite, Shura of course noticed the jinchuriki following him from not that far of a distance. "I don't know why she's thinking but following a complete stranger out of the blue did a bit odd to be honest." He thought to himself before coming to a stop. He noticed Kiro not that far away from where he was now standing. "So what was your goal for following me here." He asked as he turned around to look towards Henshina. The girls looked at him with an innocent smile. "Oh well no particular reason, you just really peaked my interest is all." She responded. Shura now looked at Henshina with a deadpan look in his eyes. "And now I know for sure that she really is just a child, my suspicions about her personality were right." He thought as he listened to the jinchuriki speak.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Kai looked at Raiku, whom he expected to call him ‘walnut brain’ or some other uncreative insult. But instead Raiku approached him with curiosity, something the hunter-nin could not have predicted.

"You.. You too? You felt... The ties with her...?”

Kai looked to the side, not wanting to make eye contact to the foreigner, knowing how eager Raiku was to execute him and Kiro as soon as they got to the leaf.

“Yes. The most respectable of your kind. She was a spirit of peace and tranquility, also of forgiveness and patience. We saved each other’s skins during the Chunnin exams on more than one occasion. She is the only Xeno that I would fight to save.”

Kai flipped around to the voice of Taiyo. He was prepared to reach into his pouch for water to fuel his justu. But after he heard Taiyo’s teary eyed confession, he seemed to relax. Taiyo then asked if he could pay tribute, something he wasn’t expecting.

“I’m sure that...” Kai looked for the words hat wouldn’t compliment the Xeno, but wouldn’t discourage either. “That Hashima would appreciate the sentiment.”

Xenos...full of surprises

Azumi rolled her eyes at Reaver's answer or rather lack of answer, in another world in different circumstances she might have tolerated such an attitude but after all he had put her through her patience ran thin.

"Which if the last occasions I placed trust in you are anything to go by, you lost the right to be coy about this long ago Reaver." Azumi replied with a cold tone as she watched him walk back wound and all. Azumi had her reservations, but for the moment she needed to focus on the other member of this would-be faction as she walked further into the woods until she spotted Baiyan in a clearing working on her form. Azumi wasn't sure how'd she be able to sell on on Reaver's change of heart, or even if Reaver's new commitment was to be trusted or not but she knew this needed to be salvaged and she was gonna be damned if she let this concern halt her.

"If it is any constellation, you won't have to worry about Reaver trying to gut you. Least for the moment...." Azumi said, more to let Baiyan know she was there but avoided getting in the way of her session.

------------
Tomiko smiled, as she heard the words of both Mori and Katsuo and was happy to see the Absurd attack nor the concern of Orochimaru had broken their spirits. Katsuo in particular had offered her one promise to him that she had to make and with a determined smirk she simply gave Katsuo a heads up.

"Don't worry, I aim only to be the best. Just don't get upset when I blow past you." Tomiko replied with a wink as she showed her self confidence while both Mori & Katsuo went to rest, with a thankful sigh she walked up to Lady Guren.

"I'll take the first watch, if that is okay?" Tomiko asked, though even without a response she already eyed a nearby ridge as she climbed up it and moved to the elevation's peak as she made herself comfortable while she observed the group as she had a literal bird's eye view. Once she was sure they were good, she glanced up to the sky; finding the full moon and stars to be so beautiful though as she enjoyed the view an old image appeared in her head. An old memory, one of those piercing red eyes, a symbol among many she had seen of those birthright blessings and the source of old insecurities and doubts. That mocking voice of nightmares of old...

Face reality, you will never reach that apex. One only those with actual talent reach.
You are weak, you are nobody. Accept your place!
Tomiko eyed a lone star, as she reached up and clasped her hand into a fist to cover it. A symbolic gesture of where she aimed to rise to and what she strived to reach for as her resolve only grew.

I will get stronger. Katsuo, Mori. I will become strong enough to stand against anyone. Even him, mark my words. I won't let even the most gifted genius stop me! I will prove it can be done...

With that, Tomiko focused back on the party as she began her shift of the night watch.

-------------
Kenji rolled his eyes at Taji's comment while Darui & Aisha overheard her call for a protective jutsu as Darui had been quick to respond to that.

"I can create a safeguard for the time being. And I can handle the first watch, you three should get some rest first. We'll switch off then." Darui explained and given he had been the one to call the shots Aisha had been in no place to dispute him as she glanced over to Taji. "I respect the concern, but I am fine."

------------
"That can be arranged easily enough. We can lay out discussions for it tonight, in the mean time...." Pakura said as she found their request a simple enough one to meet though she wanted to iron out details as she glanced to Madoka and Yasu.

"You two set up camp. I'll take the first watch." Pakura instructed as Madoka gave a nod, and in truth she understood that Yasu had a point. Lady Pakura was among Suna's finest, under her care they would be okay. With that, she would begin to gather some wood for a fire in preparation for the night ahead.

------------
Sakura was at first on edge when Kai appeared as she presumed that he was here to muck up the ceremony. Honoring a "xeno" after all likely was to rub him the wrong way and she seemed right as he pulled a kunai to carve at the tree himself.

"Hey what are yo..." Sakura said, but before she could finish she saw what Kai had carved in and her eyes widened. This only was further compounded by the additional flower Kai placed as he expressed his feelings for Hashima which stunned the kunoichi. Kai had only ever said his venom towards "Xenos" or those outside of the Mist but for him to honor Hashima like this seemed to show that she touched a side of him that was more than an extreme nationalist.

Raiku and Taiyo then came to share their feelings and what Hashima meant to them. The pink-haired kunoichi was stupefied, but only momentarily as she soon gave a smile touched by the sentiment.

"This...this means a lot guys. And I am sure Hashima would say the same thing. No, I am certain of it." Sakura said with a smile as Kakashi observed with his lone eye; his expression betrayed nothing though he could not help but even subconsciously think back to days of old. His own morning trips to the memorial and whose names were engraved there....

I didn't expect you'd have to face this so soon, but this is one of the hardships that define the path of the ninja. I only hope you are strong enough to endure on your own path.

-----------
Takato had been prepared to get some rest before Shura returned from....whatever he had set out to do, though before Takato had a chance to further inquire about it a woman suddenly appeared who oddly matched the general description of the Jin....

Oh you've got to be kidding me.

"So....I take it you've had an eventful walk." Takato commented on, as he had been unsure of what to do now. Had she come willingly? Was she even aware of why they had come to these islands? Takato had a tone of questions yet in spite of the shock he somehow masterfully managed to keep his usual bored tone; a true talent.

"Huh, what the fuck is all th...." Tayuya started to say as she had began to get rest only to be woken up by the sounds of several voices as she stood up and saw Shura along with the very curious girl who tailed him. It took her mind a minute to fully wake up and process what she saw before a lightbulb went off.

"Well.....that was easy." Tayuya muttered under her breath though at a tone she could hear as she worked to fully wake up which had been a momentary process before she folded her arms over her chest.

"So this the girl huh? What drawn to Shura in some fashion?" Tayuya asked, as she figured a direct engagement now would be the stupidest idea and tried to present herself as neutral rather than aggressive. In the back of her mind she was curious of one reason this girl would tail Shura but she'd save the teasing for later.

-----------

Flashback

Tayuya had managed to avoid the earlier tornado and moved to a safe distance where she could observe the battle without the worry of getting caught in the crossover. And as she had observed, a sly grin formed on her face after what felt like an eternity the mark Kiro had began to move and soon he was consumed by the Curse Mark.

"Finally, that fucker actually used it!" Tayuya called out to herself as she watched with growing interest, curious how he'd take the mark and what changes it brought. He appeared to be more aggressive, and as evident of the clone and display of this electric coating he had pulled off the kid gloves though whether that had been the mark which made him more aggressive or simply his urge to best Sagiso rising had been hard to tell.

Either way, Sagiso even then refused to go down and actually held her own much to Tayuya's own amazement. And her annoyance, and Uchiha with such a mark and the target of Lord Orochimaru's desire should have put the girl away already and yet here he was in a tight struggle all the same.

And this annoyed her. Was this all he had to offer? Even with Orochimaru's mark, given to those who displayed potential in his eyes, was this all there was to it. She frowned a bit, if this was Orochimaru's prize he needed to show he was worthy of the mark and show it now before the Hyuga made a mockery of her honored Lord.

"Kiro! You better not fuck this up, you've got the mark now use its power and show me who you are!" Tayuya called out, not so much in support but rather a threat to him.

Last edited:
Hearing Takato's comment, Shura turned around to face the Nara. "Well, yeah you could say that." He responded. "I just happened to come across her and now she decided to follow me for some reason." He added. He then heard Tayuya quip at him after she woke up but didn't say anything back. Henshina peeked over to look at Tayuya with a smile on her face. "Well he did peek my interest." She said in a jolly tone in response to Tayuya's comment. Shura looked back towards her but didn't add anything, he walked closer to his teammates. "I don't know what she's planning but I guess this is a good turn of event for our mission." He said casually.

A distance away from the waterfall, team sound Appeared to be held up in the trunk of a hollowed our tree. Sakon and ukon, out of curse mark stage 1, sat around Zaku and Kou, the former with bandages over his scratches from the rat and Kou seeming generally uncomfortable.

“Damn cloud ninja!” Ukon spat, irritable as ever. “We had her right where we wanted her before they showed up!”

“Tch. Since I don’t hear battle anymore...” Kidomaru calculated. “either she killed them or they ran away. Their members seemed too green to handle a jinchurki.”

Zaku put the last bandage on his face, growling. “They chucked a rat at me, a rat! Unbelievable. If I ever see that guy again...i’ll But a dozen holes in his chest!”

“Remember what our objective is, Zaku.” Sakon huffed. “We need to capture her, Not focus on petty quarreling.”

“Um...” Kou pipped up. “Why are we trying to forcefully take her? Isn’t it her choice what she does?”

Kidomaru have a condescending snicker Kou, not even bothering to answer the question. Sakon rolled his eyes in response. Neither thought it worth their time to even acknowledge the question. Zaku shot daggers at the pair before whispering in Kou’s ear.

“You see...she’s in a lot of danger. Many villages are sending people to take her and extract the beast inside her by force. And when they are done. They will kill her. We are trying to give her a safe haven, weather she sees it or not.”

So the jinchuriki was interested in Shura? To be honest, Kiro didn’t think Shura was the type of guy to be picking up women so easily. Especially in a forest of all places. She was a nice catch though. As the jinchuriki of course. Speaking of which, Kiro quickly deactivated the sharingan as a means to keep her from being startled. It wasn’t like the eyes were rumored to be capable of controlling a tailed beast or anything.

After the Hyūga finished speaking, Kiro quickly took the initiative and spoke up. “Okay Shura, I need to have a little talk with you. But there’s something I need to determine first.” He looked behind Shura and made eye contact with the jinchuriki. “As the first one from the group on this island...” Kiro made sure that part was clear before he continued. Not only had he been the first one on the island, but he had basically led the team to coming into contact with the jinchuriki. This was all while avoiding contact with the enemy. Speaking of the enemy, he hoped the jinchuriki would cooperate in feeding them much needed intel.

“I noticed extremely thin threads that I presumed were some sort of device which let the creater know our location if they were touched. We’ve avoided them so far but it only confirms there is another enemy on this island. All I want to know is if you’ve seen any other groups besides us. At the very least, we can help each other out here with this information.” Kiro hoped she didn’t take any offense to his words. He felt his tone came out as calm and the jinchuriki seemed rather relaxed herself.

Kou looked up at Zaku, a half convinced look on his face. Kou tried to avoid eye contact with Zaku, his fingers twirling a strand of stray hair. Zaku sighed, crouching down to Kou’s level.

“Look. How about I put this another way.” Zaku cleared his throat. “My childhood was bleak... as you know I grew up on the streets just like you. Beaten up nearly every day when I would try to feed myself. And you know what happened? Orochimaru saved me. He gave me a home, power, and purpose. Now i don’t want to get sappy or anythin’, but after finding you on that day in the leaf...I saw myself.”

“W-why are you telling me this all of a sudden?”

“Because. That’s what we sound ninja are all about. All the rejects of the world. We are all messed up in our own ways. That’s just the world, but the only way we can show the world is by stickin’ together. And that chick doesn’t know it, but she needs us to survive. The only place she’d be safe is with us, just how they gave me and you a home in our time of need.”

Kou looked down, thinking about it. So then it’s a misunderstanding...she thinks we mean to hurt her, because of cousin Sakon. We need to clear this up to her. If she stays out on her own...who knows what kind of big baddy will get to her first! If only mamma Palentra were here...maybe she would know what to do...

“...Okay...then how did Mr. Orochimaru and you bring people to the sound?”

“Eh? What do you mean? He just talked to me to bring me in-“

“That’s what I’m saying!” Kou explained. “If we just talk to her, not fight her, then maybe...maybe she’ll come through. You didn’t need to fight me, and Mr. Orochimaru didn’t need to fight you either. We just...gotta stay pacifistic on this. If we really want her on our side, we should stay true to what we say.”

Flashback

‘That’s why I asked for your help Tayuya!’
The Uchiha nearly shouted that out upon hearing the threat. Just because Kiro had activated the seal didn’t mean he knew what it was capable of. As of right now, there seemed to be more negatives than positives. All he seemed to receive so far was pain and severe chakra loss in exchange for a little boost to his ninjutsu. The idea that he’d sold his body for such a lackluster return disgusted him. ‘There has to be more than just this.’

As for Sagisō, both the clone and him had expected her to escape into the air. However, it would be difficult to capitalize from there on. Had the clone took off before Sagisō propelled her self upwards, she’d likely have substituted as the clone came down at full force. The clone would then be taken out by literal friendly fire. So instead, both of their eyes remained on the kunai as it went up into the air.

Wanting to test how far the seal could go, Kiro took another breath as he looked up at Sagisō. The blinding light of the sun, which coincidentally came back at the perfect time, nearly succeeded in blocking his vision. She had transformed out of the kunai and looked ready to throw something. Whatever they were, he wouldn’t allow them to touch him. After visualizing what he wanted to create, the Uchiha let out another stream of fire, this time widening the range funnel from the start. Kiro would have to set the whole sky on fire if he wanted to catch Sagisō. There would be no escape.

As for the kunai thrown, only the miniature explosions were what let Kiro know of their existence. The little blasts inside the wave were overcome by the continuous stream of flames. All but three kunai were eradicated. Those specific kunai seemed to be harmless as they landed around him. Suspicious. No matter, the clone should be able to protect him from any unforeseen matters.

-

‘As long as she stays up there, I’m pretty useless.’ After being blinded by the flash bombs for a second or two, the clone looked up to see the girl still floating over a hundred feet in the air. There was also something rather large in her hand now. The brightness of the sun blocked him from seeing the item clearly. Whatever the weapon was, the probability of his original body being in the dark about it was pretty high. Watching her closely, the clone used its sharingan to try and piece together a possible trajectory before it moved. Wherever she threw the weapon, it would be ready to counter it.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
Wiping his eyes ftom his tears, Taiyo gave a respectful and thankful nod to Kai before setting off to collect a boquet of flowers for Hashima's memorial.

Who would've thought that Kai would let me commemorate my friend? I knew he could be cool when he wanted to be, he was definitely using the right nature for it.

The leaf-nin wandered a fair distance away from the camp before he was able to find a few flowers. He found them all average in quality but there was one that was a vivid shade of red, so vivid that to not take it would be a crime. Flowers in hand, Taiyo regrouped with his teammates and Kai to place his flowers on Hashima's memorial.

Note to self, revisit that flower place..

Yasu

While Madoka went off to gather firewood, Yasu began to release the 'night hawks' into the sky, each construct of black feathers melting into the night sky. With that taken care of, he went to gather some water.

Koki'o

An agreement had been made, and the Fiery-haired scorpion thus joined the Sunagakure team on their mission to obtain the 8 tails Jinchuriki. While she might've been wary of Pakura, she most certainly wasn't interested in her. There was only one person on team Suna that Koki'o really took an interest in -the puppet user. Suna's puppet meisters were renown for their skill with poisons, producing the likes of Lady Chiyo and Sasori of the Red Sand, and as a poison meister herself, she was very interested in sharing knowledge.

Caring zero for anyone else in the vicinity, the Crying Star swaggered after the puppet user with a mirthful gleam in her eyes. "Beautiful color isn't it...red that is?" Flashing her own red hair, she gestured to the girl's polished toes, striking up some casual conversation.

Sagisō ~~Flashback~~

High in the sky, the only sound was the whir of the Fuma Shuriken and the crackle of the approaching flames. Truth be told, the 36th Heavenly Star could see a number of ways out of this situation -the most efficient of which involved abandoning her attack completely to preserve combat strength. The most chakra-effective plan she'd come it with cost a grand total of no chakra at all. If she sailed the Fuma shuriken into the roof of the building adjected to the Uchiha, she could use the detonation to cause sections of the building to collapse. If she angled it correctly, she could manipulate the wall of the building to collapse towards Kiro and said wall would act as a barrier to his fire style.

However, their battle was straying further and further away from the combat designated sections of the Hyūga compound. Destroying any buildings in this location was far more likely to result in injury or death. Although the structural damage would've been incomparable to the tornado from earlier, the loss of life would be more significant. She was unable to bring herself to be so callous just to prolong such a battle. Sagisō wholeheartedly rejected this plan of action.

She'd also thought of a second, more favorable plan of action. Instead of aiming at Kiro, she could veer the Fuma right into the column of fire. As the mass of paper bombs attached to it detonated all at once, the force of the explosion would not only scatter the pillar of flames but if she were to transform herself into say...a feather, the shockwave would be more than enough to push her clear of the attack. This course of action was slightly more expensive in terms of chakra, but it was still barely a dent in her chakra pools. However, even this idea she rejected. From her altitude the sheer her range of vision was quite expansive especially when the Byakugan was factored in. To the Byakugan, Chakra showed up in such distinctive coloration that each ninja's color was wholly unique, and a shinobi could be identified solely through the appearance of their chakra. In the corner of Sagisō's vision, who else, but Hinagiku herself could be seen making a Bee-line for the clan compounds. This was it -the final clash- all or nothing. Whether she avoided this clash or not, the fight would be over.

Licking her lips, she cast one last look at the battlefield taking notice of the LCM clone. Its speed was certainly enough to intercept her Fuma if she simply threw it...so in that case...

A small orb fell from Sagisō's arms, a smoke bomb released from her storage seal. While the smoke bomb dropped in altitude, Sagisō lashed out, kicking the bomb away and out of the path of the Fire Style. The smoke bomb had been made using a metallic canister and was thus quite a bit sturdier than your standard smoke bomb ensuring that it wouldn't explode prematurely. Since she was going all out she wouldn't leave any loose ends!

With a grunt of exertion, she let Fuma loose. She'd thrown the blade at a very wide arc, so wide in fact, that if it weren't for the iron wires which allowed her to rein it back it, it would've sailed off into the distance. Guiding the Shuriken carefully, she placed Kiro's fire style between the Fuma and the Clone's line of vision, ensuring that its Sharingan would be obscured. She knew that the pillar of flames alone would not be enough to block the clones vision for long, and that's where the smoke bomb came in.

As the Fuma Shuriken descended, it intercepted the smoke bomb that Sagisō had dropped earlier, its blades slicing clean through the bomb's metallic casing. As the smoke bomb exploded, blanketing the Fuma in, obviously, smoke, the kunoichi smirked, knowing that once the Fuma left the smoke cloud, it would be close enough to the ground and its target that the clone would hardly be able to intercept it lest it threw its own body in the way.

Quickly though, she wiped the smirk off her face and focused on her own task at hand -the pillar of flames. Having scrapped her two earlier plans of blocking and dodging the Fire release, all that was left was to take it head on -well, not quite. She could tell that with the appearance of the curse mark, the sheer potency of Kiro's chakra had improved by at least a level. It would be rather difficult to contest with the power of Kiro's Fire release, especially when her own Wind Release was at a disadvantage. Even so, it wasn't as if she was entirely out of options.

Gathering her remaining chakra in her palms, Sagisō allowed the sweeping wall of flames to encroach upon her position, moving closer and closer until - "Eight Trigrams: Vacuum Wall Palm!"

Striking out with both her palms, Sagisō sent a compressed blast of wind, and chakra careening into the wall of flames. The sudden mixture of combustion, compression, and a fuel source as compressed oxygen was more than enough to cause a massive discharge of heat and kinetic energy in the form of a shockwave. More simply put, it blew up.

A blanketing cloud of smoke and soot spread out in the air, quickly engulfing Sagisō and hiding her state of being from sight. Within the cloud, the girl's body was battered by the shockwave, jarring her organs severely. Blood flowed from her seven orifices and her consciousness flickered like a candle in the wind. Shellshocked from the explosion, she plummeted, bursting through the blackened clouds like a descending meteorite.

Baiyan

Ending her cycle of sword strokes and sheathing her blade, the Sword Star turned to address Azumi. Her brow furrowed at the Ame-ninja's attempts to 'console' her. She needed no such thing, and her displeasure at such an insinuation was immediately evident on her face. "Your efforts are...appeciated."

Last edited:
Flashback

Knowing that it’s actual body had no idea about the incoming Fuma Shuriken, the clone would have to deal with the attack itself. Unfortunately, Sagisō continued to make things difficult. She purposely hid the weapon’s exact trajectory behind the wave of flames, preventing the clone from making any accurate predictions. This predicament forced the clone to move for a better angle.

The clone’s aim was to at least catch the shuriken before it got to Kiro. Moving to the opposite side of the fire in under a second, the clone expected to get a clear visual on the shuriken. It was the opposite. ‘Smoke?!’ That awkward kick Sagisō performed before throwing the Fuma Shuriken must’ve been to get the smoke bomb away from the fire. Presuming it had just popped, the weapon was definitely somewhere inside. She was probably banking on him making a move on the shuriken. Masking the weapon’s location was just a way to significantly lessen his options.

‘There’s still a possibility my actual body could stop or avoid the shuriken. So if she wants to force my hand, it’ll have to be pretty dangerous. Something only I can deal with. Since I don’t know what that is, the smoke forces me too act preemptively without knowing exactly what I’m dealing with. So even if it’s nothing, I could still be forced to sacrifice myself. Clever but...’

-

Something jolted inside Kiro as his sharingan suddenly disregarded the blaze in front. Before he could even process what was happening, his eyes had moved to look at the side where the clone once existed. Sagisō had played them perfectly. The shuriken came out the smoke only a few meters away, aimed for the ground by him, nullifying any chance to counter. It was only when Kiro’s head finally followed the eyes, turning in the direction of the shuriken, that the rest of his body reacted. Kiro’s hands retreated from the hand seal postition as his arms began lifting themselves upwards for protection. His legs and one good foot did their part by lifting him off the ground.

Other than a rogue streak of blue electricity, the last thing that was reflected off his gleaming red eyes was a bright, blinding light. Though he had been seeing everything in slow motion, even somewhat reacting, it still wasn’t enough to prevent him from being enveloped in the massive explosion.

The explosive power of at least twenty paper bombs was nothing to scoff at. Had he taken the blast at point blank range, Kiro would’ve surely died. Instead, when the smoke cleared, Kiro still managed to lift himself up to his feet. Blood and filth covered a majority of his bruised self. The bones in his body ached after every deep breath taken. His favorite jacket was almost completely torn up, further revealing his black shirt underneath. He was forced too relinquish a significant amount of chakra just to move. Looking at his hands in front of him, Kiro was absolutely disgusted with the state he was in. If it wasn’t for the compatibility of the cursed seal and lightning armor, which still remained active, she would’ve succeeded. Too think Sagisō tried killing him. Kiro was half tempted to return the favor as he looked up to see her dropping from the sky.

The other half of him began wondering if it was alright to just let her fall. If he let Sagisō die from fall damage, Hinagiku would probably kill him if she didn’t plan too already. However, Sagisō could possibly be trying to trick him. Kiro decided to analyze the situation before he made a move. Was she conscious? It didn’t seem like it. Would she have a safe landing? Probably not. Were the other Hyūga there yet? Not necessarily. Could Tayuya go catch her? Definitely no. Was he currently standing beneath her? Kiro took a few steps backwards so she could fall in front of him instead...

The Uchiha knew this would be the best chance to test his potential. He had to see what boosts the cursed seal would give the lightning armor when perfectly combined. Not on Sagisō since she seemed to be out of it. He also couldn’t afford to wait much longer since his chakra was quickly dwindling. Well she should be arriving any second. Since he had used the seal, it was only a matter of time before the Hyūga attempted to restrain him and the cursed seal like with Tayuya. He couldn’t let this opportunity go to waste. But Kiro didn’t want to die either. There was something he needed.

‘A reason for her not to immediately kill me...’ When Kiro jumped up and caught Sagisō in his arms, that was the motivating thought.

Shura looked at Kiro when he spoke to him about needing to talk to him, the hyuga nodded in response before looking towards Henshina when Kiro asked her his question. The jinchuriki thought for a second before returning Kiro's look. "Well, there were two actually. One was lead by this tough looking dude and had two wolves accompanying them I believe." She answered, speaking about team Darui. "And then there's the other one who had quite a bit sorting of interesting characters, one could shoot air bullets from some kind of cannons in his arms, another was two guys who could fuse or something, there was also a kid who was pretty sweet, no idea why he was with that group. And there's the last one who was like a spider, I think the webs you're talking about probably came from him." She continued, talking about team sound.

Last edited:

*Tak Tak Tak....*

“Why does this Uchiha guy have to be so damn mobile?!” Kin spat. “He’s supposed to be a prisoner!”

Racing through the trees, the duo, Kin and Yukimaru followed the trail of clues of their target. They leaped from branch to branch, landing down and leaping off again. The cycle continued as their shadows fled under the moonlight.

“Who knows what the leaf does to prisoners...” Yukimaru spoke softly. “But this does seem highly unusual. Usually prisoners are held tight in a secure area. But this far away from the village...“

“I don’t get why we are on babysitting duty. First with that blowheart Zaku, now with this useless runt?!”

“Actually...it’s not my first time meeting them. Though we only talked briefly...they preferred to train on their own rather than use my guidance.”

“Whatever. Does it look like I care?”

“Ahum...no...but-“

“Let’s just find this brat, rip him from his shackles, and get the hell outta here!”

“Heheh....”

Kabuto opened up a door, Orochimaru, sitting in a lone chair was revealed. The twisted snake sannin appeared to be...laughing. normally, Kabuto would think nothing of it. But considering the circumstances of the recent failure of an invasion, he could help but raise a brow.

“Lord Orochimaru? What has gotten you in a better mood?”

“Just a plan coming to fruition my dear Kabuto...for you see...I can’t decide on my new host bodies. I have two candidates. But that’s perfectly fine, as I have two, loyal, and faithful subornates that were ever so willing to track them down for me.”

Kabuto, remembering he sent them off on a different task, was surprised by this. He tried to hide the fact he was surprised from the elder man, though Orochimaru saw right through it.

“You seem surprised Kabuto. If I didn’t know any better, I would say that you would have sent them behind my back to do some...mysterious mission. Now, such a mission most certainly would poison my faith in you...”

Orochimaru extended his long tounge, tracing it over Kabuto’s cheek. Kabuto, trying to keep his best poker face, simply sighed.

“No Orochimaru. I am simply surprised that you would take action rather than let them come by themselves.”

“Hehe....one of them is quite feisty, they won’t come without a fight. And the other? Well...that one needs a gentle nudge in the right direction. And if I’m correct...”

Orochiamru’s serpent like eyes began to turn ever darker yellow as his lips curled into a devious, ugly grin.

“Tommorrow will give me my prize...!”

The first thing Kiro realized was that the jinchuriki hadn’t paid attention to what village the two groups were from. From the description though, Kiro managed to form some basic theories. It was mainly about the second group. The spider webs made sense for the threads. ‘Air cannons’ and the mention of a sweet little kid was enough for Kiro to realize who she was talking about. His mind briefly wandered over to Tayuya for a second, wondering what was going through her head.

“Well I know the kid was with the Sound village. That’s all I really know about them.” That was a lie but he couldn’t reveal much without Tayuya possibly going on a rant about him being a traitor. “As for the wolves, I remember this one girl but I was certain she was with the Leaf.” He was talking about Aisha of course. The girl who had her pets keep their filthy claws by his neck during the failed escape. However, Aisha was no muscular dude so he couldn’t confirm any further.

“Well if you do happen to remember what village the other group was from, that would be of great help. Anyways Shura, all I wanted to tell you was...” Kiro paused as he looked from Shura to Henshina’s jolly face. He observed for a moment before finally resting a hand on Shura’s shoulder and whispering into his ear. At the very least, Henshina wouldn’t be able to hear. “Just keep her company from now on. Talk with her and stuff. Get to know her. You know what I’m saying.”

Those details seemed vague, but they weren’t really difficult to understand. The jinchuriki seemed to have had a long day and having someone she was interested in talk to her should be calming. Eventually if things went well, she could unconsciously reveal certain information. But mainly, if she formed a bond with Shura, it would be difficult to break. Meaning they would be able to successfully capture the eight tails without lifting a finger.

Speaking of dealing with the jinchuriki, he forgot one of the most basic manners when dealing with guests. Offering them a snack of course. Looking back at Henshina as if everything was normal, the Uchiha asked her a couple other important questions. “Hey, do you like marshmallows? Also, what should we call you?”

Shura listened to Kiro talk to him about what he wanted him to do. He frowned his brows when he heard what Kiro was asking him to do. "Hey wait, I get what you're saying but the problem is I'm not good at these kind of things, I don't know how to make small talk or start conversations." He explained when he noticed Kiro was no longer paying attention to him. "Hey don't ignore me." He said.

Henson's was staring there when she heard Kiro offer her marshmallows. Her eyes opened up and started to sparkle. "Do I? Of course." She joyfully exclaimed. Inside Henshina's head, Gyuuki frowned in annoyance at how Henshina was as trusting as she always was.

‘Don’t worry man, I got you.’ That was Kiro’s nonverbal response to calm Shura’s doubts. Henshina wasn’t just interested in Shura but she also liked marshmallows. The perfect scenario to get Shura to converse! Kiro reached for one of three miniature scrolls by his waist and pulled it into his hand. Normally he would’ve preferred to keep the scroll’s purpose a secret but now seemed like the perfect time to capitalize on their fortunes.

“That’s great! Shura also likes marshmallows. So much so that he brought some. I was just holding them for him. Here Shura, you can have this back.” Kiro glanced over in Shura’s direction before handing the scroll to him. In reality, those were his marshmallows. There were also graham crackers, chocolate, and a skewer in his other scrolls for s’mores. It wasn’t his fault that he only had under an hour to prepare. As for right now, Kiro hoped for Shura’s sake that he went with the strategy.

Hinagiku

"How nonchalant~"

Having converted her wooden boat, into a small table and chair, and produced a tea set from her belongings, Hinagiku was enjoying a fine pot of tea while she observed her wards. They seemed to be handling the situation rather well, obstaining from conflict with the Jinchuriki and rightly so as not only was teh Jinchuriki a dangerous foe, but the battle would likely attract unwanted attention. In the best case scenario, Shura would take the prerogative to simply leave with the Jinchuriki in tow and return to the Leaf. She had told them to be flexible, and he was a Chunin and thus capable of leading his own team.

The only thing she figured might hinder him from taking at action was the fact that their group was split, and thus it would be difficult to signal his allies to retreat. However, luckily enough, there was a Hyuga present in every team, and by leaving behind the 24th and 63rd Hexagrams from the Eight trigrams, standing for 'Return' and 'After Completion' respectively, he would be able to leave a simple message that indicated he'd returned to the leaf after completeing the mission. What could be a more perfect scenario?

Sagiso ~~Flashback~~

If she hadn't been conscious before, then she was mostly definitely jolted awake when that bumbling dolt of an Uchiha caught her with his Lightning Chakra Mode still active. Whatever illusory dreamland her mind might've wandered off to were shattered by the electrifying bolts of pain that flashed through her body, area's of contact with Kiro sizzling from the Lightning natured chakra. With all the grace and elegance of an electrified cat, she struggled, throwing herself from his grasp and onto the floor. She rolled away from the Uchiha, albeit clumsily, and leaving a trail of blood in her path.

After a shot roll, she propped herself up weakly on her arms, but contrary to her physical state, her glare was fierce and directed at the Uchiha, "Are you re---" Her words were cut short, partially because she almost choked on her own blood, and partially because out of the corner of her eye, she could see her mother approaching. The unreadable mask of an expresion on the Hyuga matriarch's face quickly cowed the Nadeshiko kunoichi into submission. Diverting her eyes guilty, she shrunk back and kept silent.

Hinagiku ~~Flashback~~

With a deadpan expression on her face, Hinagiku flashed through the gates of the Hyuga manor. If anything, she appeared more annoyed than concerned. She'd seen the slew of explosive fire works that had scattered across the sky, but those weren't exactly cause for major concern. It'd been at least a few minutes since Raku had reported to her, and that was more than enough time for the Xuanwu division to have put down any causes for concern that might've arose. However...from what she could see, whatever had been happening a few minutes ago was still happening now. Why? There must've been a reason why, despite possible destruction to Clan property, the Xuanwu division thought it better to let the proceedings play out. This was clearly no simply accident.

Redoubling her speed, the Hyuga Mistress arrived on scene, her eyes rapidly scanning over the situation. Not a muscle on her face twitched, there was no sign of happiness, relief, concern, alarm, or even rage. Simply stoic indifference. However, for one more intimate with the Hyuga Head, the range of emotions displayed in her eyes told it all.

Shura stood there as Kiro began putting his plan to befriend the Jinchuriki in action. First came the part where began putting words into Shura's mouth. "Hey wait... well that not a complete lie, I do like sweet things and marshmallows fit that criteria." He thought. He took the scroll filled with the marshmallows when Kiro handed it to him. "Yeah thanks." He said. Thinking about the situation, Shura looked to the ever darkening sky. "Its getting even later, do you mind if we save the sweets for tomorrow? A good night's rest is important for one's health." He said. Henshina replied with a yawn. "Ah, yeah sure. I'm pretty tired too." She said.

Flashback
Shura was still sitting on the roof of the burned training hall as he continued to observe the fight between Sagiso and Kiro. "Huh, looks like the fight is finally over. This battle got pretty out of hand." He thought to himself. Noticing Hinagiku's presence, Shura turned his head to look towards the clan head. "Oh, miss Hinagiku is back." He thought casually.

Zaku looked at Kou in stunned silence for a few seconds. After those seconds had passed, Zaku gave a snicker, a bitter snicker. He chuckled in a mix of amusement and resentfulness.

“Heh...it just don’t work like that kid.”

“Why not? I mean, it’s so-“

“This is ain’t a fairy tail Kou, this is real life. Pixie dust and good feelings won’t get the job done.” Zaku grumbled. “If you leave your heart on your sleeve for everyone to see, they’ll chew it up and spit it out.”

Kou was taken aback. It seemed that the sound ninja in general weren’t about to negotiate with the jinchurki or even talk to her. Not only that, but Zaku Of all people refused to hear him out. Deflated, Kou sat down on the grassy ground, looking down. Salon rolled his eyes on the drama, setting his sights rather on the day ahead.

“Get some rest everyone. Sakon and I need half of the time to sleep. So we will sleep in intervals. Kidomaru, I assume you have a rustic feeler net in place, yes?”

“Already finished before you’d aid the word.” Kidomaru affirmed, tugging on a web line with his finger.

“Good. Everyone else should get some rest. With our competition we need our strength. Get to it.”

“Right, then we can knock those chumps down a few pegs.” Zaku smirked. “And if we are lucky, down all the way to the grave!

Flashback

“Am I what? Were you about to call me retarded?” Kiro questioned Sagisō, who had shaken herself free from his grasp onto the floor. Sure he had forgotten about the shock Sagisō ended up receiving, but that was still better than breaking a few bones or something. It wasn’t like he was in the best shape either. A ‘thank you’ would’ve been nice. With a skeptical look, Kiro looked to see what had gotten Sagisō to freeze up before she could finish her insult.

When the Uchiha turned around, he completely froze. Even though Kiro thought he had been ready, nothing could prepare him for the look on Hinagiku’s face. An unreadable expression with no emotions attached. It sent a cold sensation down his spine, a reminder of the fear he had for the woman. ‘That look. I suppose it’s over for me either way.’

Choosing fight over flight, Kiro began drawing out every ounce of chakra from the cursed seal. This amounted to no shortage of pain as his body felt like it would give out at any second. He’d surely die if the chakra control was off point in the slightest. The trade off however, would be worth it. Once again sleeping out of Kiro, the purple chakra seemed to mix with the blue of the lightning armor, forming a blue-violet color. Kiro’s hair also began to rise, detailing the significant boost the lightning armor had been given.

“You might want to back up Sagisō.” Kiro warned her as he moved his good foot back and bent his right arm to get into position. He’d also have to use his good leg to launch himself since his other was severely weakened. Stray bolts of electricity continued to burst out in multiple directions as the unstable technique neared it’s maximum potential. For a moment, Kiro’s vision blurred and his bones felt like they would crack under the pressure of the immense chakra. Injuries aside, his body was not yet prepared to contain such power. Fortunately, he wasn’t expecting to beat her.

After letting out a breath, his body flickered. To the untrained eye, it would’ve seemed Kiro still hadn’t moved. An afterimage remained for those who couldn’t keep up. In reality, Kiro was already in front of Hinagiku, his hips rotating as he aimed to land a powerful right hook to the side of her face.

"I say this more as a reassurance to myself then for you. Irregardless I believe we should set up time to discuss plans for our debut mission. Have something in mind that should work as a good warm up to help develop team chemistry while making a progressive effort." Azumi said to Baiyan as she seemed composed and confident in their chances for whatever task she had in mind for them.

Though what that was Azumi seemed to keep to herself, till the meeting that she desired to have with Baiyan and Reaver.

-------------
Flashback
Tayuya watched as the battle seemed to go to a climatic finish, and before long Kiro caught Sagiso as they would descend his mark still activated as Tayuya seemed oh too pleased.

Well, seems that bastard was able to make use the mark. A bit sloppy, and should have creamed her sooner but hey progress comes with practice. Least I can see why Orochimaru had an eye on him, bastard better prove me wrong and show his worth going for...

However, before she could make a comment or address Kiro Hinagiku appeared herself. This was a sudden but far from unexpected development, if anything she wondered why she had not appeared sooner since Konoha seemed like the last village to engage in such destructive spars within the village gates.

Then in a flash, Kiro appeared before Hinagiku and tried to strike her right in the face. Well seemed Kiro finally got a backbone about something and as she took a moment to adjust to the sudden charge she watched to see how this would unfold.

Kai watched Carefully as Taiyo payed his tribute to Hashima’s grave. Sakura nearly cried in front of the pure blooded ninja, all these signs making Kai feel something alien to him... he couldn’t quite put his finger on it.

“You...all of you had such bonds with this Woman. Perhaps, maybe even now...you three could be-“

Before he finished his sentence, Kai was hit in the back of the head with a scorching hot stick. It hit so hard kai’s Head was knocked forwards. Kai went from sympathetic to spiteful in a matter of seconds.

“WHO THREW THAT DAMN STICK?!?”

One Day Later....

The Ninja all over the land had been given a night to rest. Now, The orange sun climbed over the horizon, beaming it’s radiant onto the next day. A new day of challenges. A new day of strife. A new day of possibilities. A new day of life. What happens this day will determine what happens to jinchurki and the village’s that are being held in a. Very delicate balance. Who will get the spoils? Who will return empty handed? And who will be left floating facedown in the river? We find out now.....

Team Hama and Kakashi’s camp was orderly and well kept, each tent that belonged to each member were in prestige condition. It had seemed no one had taken advantage of the night. Hama, who seemed to be wide awake and already around the smouldering campfire, tooted on a bugle, with the obvious intention to wake them up.

“Good morning darlings!~” Hama’s Sing song voice declared. “A bright and shiny day! Let’s make it a good one, shall we~?”

Kai groggily woke up, rubbing his eyes. With a single finger, he dipped it in his canteen and dragged it across his hair. After five strokes across his locks, he held two of his fingers together. And just like that, his hair became styled in the way he liked. One of the perks of being a Yuki, if a bit minor.

Kai put on his Hunter-Nin mask, finishing getting dressed up. Walking outside, he looked around, apparently being the first awake. He was meaning to ask the pink ninja...Sakura he believed it was. She was a leaf ninja...and there was something he needed to run by her. Information. It wasn’t appropriate at the funeral they made for Hashima, so he waited until the morning. Hopefully he could find what he was looking for.

“Get up.”

Sakon kicked the side of Zaku, startling him awake. He jerked up, looked from side to side. Sakon smirked at Zaku, who gave the purple haired ninja a look of disappointment.

“Eh? What are we doin’?”

“Ready to catch the Jinchurki, what else?” Sakon chuckled. “Let’s not Doddle, wake the kid up and let’s get a move on.”

“Yeah yeah, I gotcha. Hey kid, up and at-“

Zaku looked to wake him up only to find he was gone! Ah gee where did the little rat go off to?! This is hardly the time for hide and seek...

As looked about for Kou, there was a rustling sound, leaves falling from branches overhead. Zaku looked up, a shadow casted down from up there. Before long, the boy in question cake leaping down from the tree tops, coming down by using tree branches and stepping stones before plopping right in front of Zaku. He had two apples in hand, and was covered in leaves all over.

Zaku blinked, a single sweatdrop sliding down his cheek. “What are you, Tarzan or somethin’?”

“I dunno about that, but I got these!”

Kou gave a goofy smile, holding out one of the apples, covered in leaves. Zaku looked at the apple, and then back to Kou. A smile creeped across his face before he nabbed the apple, patting Kou with the other hand.

“That’ll do, kid.”

Hinagiku ~~Flashback~~

Unmoving as her expression might've been, Hinagiku's eyes were the polar opposite, vividly animated and flickering with intense emotion. Her pupils absorbed every image in high, heart-wrenching, definition. Her focus -of course- immediately went to her daughter, the stubborn, prideful, foolish, but oh-so-precious daughter that had returned to her. The girl's silky hair had matted to her face, delicate strands pinned to tanned skin by blood, still slick, as a stymied rivulets leaked from her eyes, ears, nose, and mouth. While she definitely looked worst for wear, her liveliness was reassuring, and also a tell-tell sign of her condition. Her legs appeared to be in similar condition to her face -soaked with her own blood.

Without even thinking, Hinagiku's Byakugan had slowly usurped her regular vision, and with it, a far more in-depth analysis of her daughter's condition. Her body was battered, and from what Hinagiku could tell, mostly by concussive force rather than the searing heat of flames or the rampant voltage of electricity -no..? That wasn't quite true. The nerves in Sagisō's leg showed signs of electrical discharge, from the way the nerve endings coiled, to the unnatural spasms of the muscles, to the -most obvious of all- traces of Lightning natured chakra that remained. The distinct shade of chakra was unmistakably Uchiha, they all possessed chakra which produced such hues, but the specific intensity and coloration of this Chakra was unmistakably Kiro's.

Shifting her gaze to the Uchiha in question, the Hyūga Matriarch was met a sight that caused her genuine surprise. Narrowing her gaze her eyes immediately got to work skimming the boy's body. He subconsciously favored one leg, and she immediately noticed why, a series of injuries where something had pierced right through his footwear and into his foot.

However, this was not what caught the Mistress' attention, instead, it was the vile chakra that flowed through the boy's body fueling an equally vile ninjutsu. 'The Curse Mark and...Lightning Chakra Mode?', it was quite the combination of techniques, and they were quite complimentary at that. The Lightning Chakra Mode grew stronger with the quantity and intensity of chakra used to augment the user's body, so the curse mark's amplification of chakra quantity and intensity had strengthened the LCM at its base. She mentally applauded the boy's pomp, despite the massive drain on his chakra reserves he was maintaining his augmented state...actually, his chakra was strengthening... ["
You might want to back up Sagisō."]

'Hmmm...?', slightly confused by the spontaneous nature of such a line, Hinagiku's brow furrowed slightly. It was then in an utterly shocking fashion that the Uchiha, with the guts a tiger and the courage of a lion, blitzed towards her by relying on his remarkable speed and...what was probably the most disgustingly horrendous display of taijutsu she'd seen all week.

He was like an impaired man trying to steer a rocket, shocking fast, but he'd clearly left his coordination, training, and competence in a dumpster five miles back.

The Hyūga Mistress' expression was exceedingly unsightly. If he was going to attack her couldn't he at least try not to look like a sickly cat while doing it? Firstly, the Uchiha had set his good leg as a foothold for proper exertion of force, and while this might've helped immensely with propulsion, it all but ensured his delivery of the attack was rather subpar. There was nothing objectively wrong with pushing off with his good leg, but if he started out with his strong leg...then what did he land on? The same leg? As awkwardly performed as that might've been, perhaps it would've been a better tactic than what the Uchiha had just tried. Given he'd pushed off with his best foot, that meant that his stopped force would need to come from his poor, injured leg, as it would act as the pivot through which he could spin torque into his body and waist and throw a powerful punch. It was like having one leg of steel and one of glass, how was the full force of the steel leg to be stopped by the much weaker glass leg? It was already a miracle in and of itself that the Uchiha's leg hadn't buckled while trying to transition the force and momentum of his punch.

Secondly, he'd punched with his right arm. From Hina's casual scans of the Uchiha's body earlier, she could tell that the muscles and tendons in his wrist had suffered damage earlier...so how could he then use the same wrist to launch his strongest attack? Was he trying to cripple his own arm? Well, perhaps it wouldn't be that bad, but with his wrist injured the punch was already not what it could've been.

Thirdly, his breathing technique was a mess. He'd exhaled far too early. It was a lesser known rule that exhalation should take place during an attack, and furthermore the tempo of your breathing should also match the tempo of your attacks. His long baited breaths didn't match up with his rapid motions one bit, and the natural synergy that came with the contraction of muscles in the body as they worked in tandem with the lungs to expel air had been wasted as the Uchiha had exhaled before he'd even attacked.

But even all those faults were completely negligible in the face of the steam pile of dog shit the boy called chakra control. Bigger often does not equal better. While an increase in quantity also increased the output of a jutsu, this was in fact, only up to a certain point. The efficiency with which one performed their jutsu meant that there was only so much chakra that could be channeled into a jutsu and no more, moving beyond this point simply ended up in an excess of wasted chakra. The Uchiha was channeling so much chakra that it was causing a physical burden on his body, and while this indeed result in a massive increase in sheer destructive potential, the fact that his chakra was erratically escaping his body displayed that he didn't have the necessary chakra control to actually use all of the produced chakra. It was similar to purchasing a 20$ bowl of Ramen for 100$ and telling them to keep the change.

Regardless, even among Chunin, what he'd already accomplished was exceptional. Before the Hyūga Mistress had even twitched, the Uchiha was infront of her, his fist in full swing. This wasn't to say she couldn't react to the Uchiha, simply that there was no real need to move her body...yet.

The Hyūga's ultimate defense, the Palm Revolving Heavens. It was without a doubt one of the most versatile ninjutsu in its class, and as the Hyūga Clan's head, Hinagiku was one of the most skilled with its usage. However, unlike the standard rotation which utilized shape transformation along with rapid revolutions of the body to repel attacks, Hinagiku had done away with the revolution and the shape transformation. Instead, she applied solely nature transformation. With but a thought chakra poured from the chakra points around her body, releasing crashing waves of the purest water in all directions.

Much like how the Palm Revolving Heavens covered a hemispherical area with chakra, so too did Hinagiku rapidly cover the immediate area with water, swiftly and succinctly forming a technique she'd coined the
Water Dome Prison. A mixture between the Palm Revolving Heaven and the Water Prison Jutsu. Unlike normal water, pure water was a very poor conductor of electricity, and even then, whatever tingles passed through the water could be snuffed out through a smothering blanket of wind.

As everything within 3 meters floated around in the water, Hinagiku would forged the dome into the more classical sphere-shape around the Uchiha's position, while removing herself from the water bubble. This would allow her to speak more freely to the Xuanwu division who's chakra signatures she could sense in the vicinty.

5th Ranked Brave Star

Tonika Village, a seemingly trivial village which lay on the outskirts of the Land of Fire. Its population wasn't particularly large, and neither were its residents particularly strong. If there was anything that could be said about this village, it would be that it was a place who's exuberant vitality and flourishing plant life didn't match up with its desolate location. Apart from Tonika Village's immediate surroundings, the land surrounding it was as barren -if not more so- than the dusty rocks on which Iwakagure was built. This out-of-place vitality of theirs was in part due to the strange properties of their water, which were almost akin to a spring of life.

It was only this special water, and the Biju-tiered super weapon of mass-destruction -the Spear of Heaven- hidden beneath their village, that had caused the Nadeshiko Kunoichi to find themselves in such a backwater and desolate place. To be specific, it was the former rather than the latter that held their interest.

"It's...surprisingly defenseless."

Muttering to herself, the Brave Star led her entourage of 15 forward. While Tonika Village did have defenses in the form of traps surrounding the village, they were hardly the type of mechanisms that would pose severe challenges to Shinobi, and once one had gotten to the Village's outskirts they were home-free. Standing exactly on those outskirts, atop the circular ridge that overlooked this Oasis of a Village, was the Brave Star and her troop of Nadeshiko Kunoichi.

While she'd expected this Village and the Sacred Water to be quite the challenge to obtain, the truth couldn't have been any more different. Apparently, this highly sacred and nourishing water was being pumped into the Lake surrounding the Village, simply sitting there for anyone to lap up. Which is exactly what they did. Without even stepping a foot into the Village, the Nadeshiko Kunoichi retrieved scrolls and containers and, like women drawing from a well, took their fill before departing.

6th Ranked Majestic Star

While the Brave Star lingered within the Land of Fire, the Majestic Star - Panther Head - had long left the Nation's borders. Her expression was icy, as if carved from a slab of millennia-old ice, and her gaze was bone-chilling. When met with such a frigid expression, even the 18th level of Hell would've frosted over, but the target of the Majestic Star's gaze simply flapped lightly in the wind.

"Even if your stare was a hundred times fiercer it still wouldn't help us you know~?" Chiming in from the side was the highest ranking Star Maiden present, the Third-Ranked Knowledge Star 'Resourceful Strategist' Wu Xinjie. A feathered fan sent cool breezes to caress the Knowledge Star's mirth-filled face, while her eyes slowly met with the pupils of the surrounding Star Maidens. Apart from herself and the Majestic Star, also present were the Wisdom Star, Concealment Star, Hidden Star, Investigative Star, and Thief Star.

Out of the seven star maidens present, four of them were Heavenly Stars, and at present, their brows were knotted and their eyes skimmed the documents before them. Out of the six missions that Nadeshiko had embarked on, this was perhaps the most prickly.

With a scornful chuckle and a resounding 'BANG~!', the Majestic Star, Lin Yingmei, slapped her palm against the table. Her very presence was commanding, and command she did, "We commence our operation tomorrow...unless someone has a better plan?" Her phoenix-like eyes swept across the faces of the other Star Maidens, and meeting no opposition, she gave a soft harrumph. "Good! Tomorrow we find Ruan Jin'er! Dismissed!"

Sweeping around on her heels, she took her leave. The village hidden within the Waterfalls was indeed a tough cookie to crack, however, Lin Yingmei's gaze towards it was filled with frore indifference. The only thing that gleamed colder than the light in her eyes, was perhaps the murderous glint of her Arctic Star Serpent Spear.

7th Ranked Fierce Star

"Patience is a virtue...Peh! What utter bullshite!" Spitting disdainfully at whichever enlightened scholar had quoted such false propaganda, the 7th Ranked Fierce Star Qin Mingyue gazed irately at the vast expanse of waterlogged ruins before her. Seated casually atop one of the broken pillars that littered the location formerly known as Uzushiogakure, Mingyue was watching idly as her 14 person team combed through the ruins. They were tasked with investigating the ruins of the Village hidden in the eddies, but the Fierce Star had neither the patience nor the inclination to overturn rubble and trash.

Casting an envious gaze towards the west, she bitterly lamented the joys her sisters must've been having with their own missions...they couldn't possibly be as dull as hers...

8th Ranked Prestige Star

'What strange people...' With a faint mix of respect and scorn hidden in her heart, the Prestige Star left the Village of Hoshigakure behind her. The unique techniques of Hoshigakure were a new experience to the prestige star and their malleable purple chakra was beyond difficult to deal with.

Having been given the task of becoming familiar with the techniques of Hoshigakure, Prestige Star, Huyan Shuang, had sought to set up a series of spars between the Nadeshiko Kunoichi in her cortege, and the shinobi of Hoshigakure. With nothing but the friendliest of intentions in mind, the spars had gone through without a hitch. Even she herself had sparred lightly against the Hoshikage. The man was skillful, to say the least, but in her own opinion, he wasn't quite comparable to the Five Kage. Shuang had met the Mizukage on many occasions, but despite never having faced the woman in battle, her instinct alone suggested she was more powerful than the Hoshikage. Furthermore, from what she'd heard the most powerful of the Five Kage was Konoha's Hokage who's power was said to be comparable to the Biju themselves.

Nevertheless, the shinobi of Hoshigakure were truly to be respected...if not pitied. Their techniques, though powerful, were crippling to their bodies. Was that kind of strength really worth it? Was power, short-lived as it might be, better than perpetual weakness?

As the road passed by beneath her steps, Huyan Shuang was steeped in thought.

Flashback
Instead of his injured right fist connecting to Hinagiku’s jawline, Kiro was met by a sudden wave of pure water. The liquid that gushed out of her chakra points pooled around them, eventually forming a bubble. The entrapment seemed to negate the effect of his lightning armor. That didn’t matter though. With his chakra depleted, the lightning armor quickly dissipated. The curse marks also began receding back to their origin point. He restrained himself from coughing out blood as his insides burned ferociously. His vision blurred and he blinked a few times to keep himself conscious.

‘Not this again.’ Kiro would be lying if being trapped in the water prison didn’t bring him back to the traumatic experience he dealt with during the exams. But this time, there likely wouldn’t be any chance of his escape. Hinagiku probably wouldn’t be as merciful as Azumi. Though that sucked, it didn’t bother him as much as it should’ve.

He’d just forced someone far beyond himself to actually put up a quick, meaningful defense. A higher being seriously defending themselves against a peasant. Perhaps Kiro was reaching a bit but the fact remained Hinagiku didn’t move. She had expended chakra instead. Whether or not she had the capability of completely disregarding his attack still remained a mystery. For now though, Kiro chose to believe he had acclimplished something.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo
After Taiyo placed down the flowers, he finally felt a wound that had been open for a while close. Before he was able to finish his thought, Kai began to address him and his teammates.

“You...all of you had such bonds with this woman. Perhaps, maybe even now...you three could be-“

Of course, Kai was intetrupted by a random flaming stick, which he responded ti accordingly, but his statement still left room for his mind to wander.

Wish I knew what he was trying to say...

Probably, "you three could be less rehensible than the other Xenos"

Which is an improvement over "all Xenos must die"

---1 Day Later----
Taiyo
Removing the Pink bandana that his sister gave him, the Leaf-nin allowed himself to release a massive yawn throughout. Before getting dressed, Taiyo decided to wrap the bandana around his right arm, as before it was hidden behind his forehead guard. With that done and the FBS master now dressed in his usual attire, Taiyo exited the Kohana tent only to be briefly surprised by the presence of the Mist. Once he got over his surprise, the leaf-nin gave only a nervous wave to Hama,

Oh right, forgot we were sharing camp with these guys...

Are we...going to continue working with them?

Probably not, they're still trying to find the Jinchūriki, and plus, theyve already got their samples. So they literally dont have to deal with us anymore.
Tuski

Fourtunately for Seiun, he was an earlier riser than Tsuki, as he was already prepared for the day to come, now currenrly sharpenening his kunai. The Yuki-nin found it easy to take her time in getting ready, as she wasnt about to fight anyone any time soon. She exited her tent only to turn to her teacher to greet her.

"Good morning, Hama-sensei. How did you sleep?"
Seiun
The former rouge was awake much earlier than his mistress, as the missing-nin lifestyle had cost him many hours of sleep, to the point where if he felt that he didnt wake up at around 6:00 A.M, he was dead, or close to it. With that considered, his morning routine had already been completed and now he was sharping kilunai, one of his favored pastimes. As he saw Tsuki walk out of the tent, he gave a nod of acknowledgement in her direction
Unfourtuantely for Seiun, his nod went unnoticed by the female Yuki-nin ss she went to talk to Hama-sensei.

Well that was rude, even if it was unintentional...

Last edited:
As Madoka piled on the firewood, she heard one of those Nadeshiko kunoichi that Pakura seemed to strike an alliance with wander over to her and compliment the color red; flashing her red hair and if Madoka had to guess from her subtle gaze her red toenails.

Now, either the woman had been a bizarre foot fetish enthusiast or simply desired to make small talk. Madoka decided to presume the latter as she used a flint to work to light the fire on the pile of wood she had gathered.

"Indeed, though I've learned to appreciate all the colors. Can't every be a sticker for just one in my case." Madoka said, and it was true given as a crafts ninja she needed to have a creative mindset and experimented with various vibrant or darker shades of colors during her construction. Either way Madoka only sensed this was the beginning of their conversation which seemed to set up what would be an....interesting, interaction going forward....

----The Next Day-----​

Pakura had already been up, as it appeared that she was in the middle writing something. Least that's what Madoka had seen when she had woken up; if she had to guess some sort of personal account or something. Maybe a report to send to Suna regarding this newfound alliance that had been worked up.

Irregardless, Madoka took a moment to stretch as she woke up fully before she grabbed her twin puppets to place on her back, as she scanned the tents to see what activity there had been from Yasu or the Nadeshiko kunoichi.

-----------
"Nine-hundred ninety-seven, nine-hundred ninety eight...."

Morning had come, but Tomiko had already been at work as she was in the midst of doing some one armed push ups just outside the camp. She had woken up just before dawn and even on a mission was intent to keep up her daily workout routine. Specially given the lack of hostile activity in their area since the Absurd encounter, though the Iwa Genin was ever weary. Her morning laps around the camp acted as a means to scout the area in the event of any developments around their area. While Tomiko was annoyed at the small size, as her morning jogs around the village covered a lot more space, she tried to make up the difference with more laps before she settled to her usual routine; some stretches, a solo Taijutsu practice session with a rock, some sit ups, jumping jacks, and some push-ups.

Tomiko had been mindful to keep her volume low during this, as to not disturb the rest of the others, as while she was naturally an early bird type she wanted them to get the rest they needed for the big deal ahead. Specially given the injuries they had dealt with, but Tomiko knew she couldn't drag this workout out either as she pushed to the finish.

"Nine-hundred ninety-nine, one-thousand!" Tomiko said to herself before she stood up and took a few deep breaths in and out. Good way to get the blood flowing as despite her cramped site and circumstances she seemed pleased with her effort as she took out a fresh rag from her pouch to wipe up some sweat. With that Tomiko gazed at the morning sun with a smile before she walked back into the heart of camp to see how everyone else was doing; should be waking up by her estimate.

Suna Camping Grounds

The night that passed was uneventful. Once twinkling stars quietly hid beneath the sun's blanketing brilliance, as the morning star broke the horizon, the light of dawn lightening the darkness of the sky until they were the light blue of daytime. Along with the rising sun, came shifting sands as motion stirred about the Sunagakure campgrounds. Rising from his resting spot, Yasu overlooked the camp, noting Pakura and Madoka they got about completing some minor tasks. Wiping the grogginess from his face, he went about his own morning routine, recalling his night hawks and getting in some calisthenics.

While the Suna shinobi all appeared to be early risers, on the opposite spectrum was Koki'o, who, at this very moment, slept like a dead log.

Hinagiku

"Roasting s'mores round the campfire...they sure were enjoying life."

Discontent filled her voice, her berating monologue directed at a team that clearly didn't understand that this was a high-risk mission where they could lose their lives at any moment. They were acting like this was a camping trip, gallivanting and cajoling with the Jinchuriki as if a bunch of academy children on their first outing. All they needed to complete the scenery were campfire songs and warm snuggly sleeping bags -god forbid they sleep on the ground, or worst...got cold while sleeping! Hina had half a mind to march right over there and whap the lot of them right upside their thick, oblivious skulls. The other half of her mind, however, told her otherwise.

This, more pleasant part of her mind, whispered for her to pull up her blanket, spin around in her hammock, and get a few hours more shut-eye. This was a mission after all, and far away from the stresses and workload of village politics. Where else would she have an opportunity to sleep in till noon? It would be a crime to waste such a godsend! Besides, Raphtalia was more than perceptive enough for both of them.

Hyōryugetsu

The dark murky abyss of waters lightened with the rising sun, by the same process of reflection, absorption, and diffraction that dyed the sky in colors, so too were the waters vividly painted in sparkling blues. Creeping from the river's depths, the Hōzuki reluctantly dragged herself from the water's edge. She was, however, not the only thing to emerge from the river. On her heels was a large bubble of water, and swimming within were 16 lively fish. Unlike the fish, Hyō was still rather drowsy, but there was nothing to rouse the spirits like the immaculate taste of seafood.

After grabbing a few sticks en route to the campfire, the Hōzuki got about preparing breakfast, skillfully dicing and slicing apart the aquatic creatures with her Water Palm Blade. Gutting the fish in rapid succession, she split the globule of water into four smaller orbs, each containing four fish. At the same time, she also appeared to divide in two as a water clone was freed from her body. The clone ran off into the direction of the forest, while Hyō mentally considered what dishes to prepare.

The first globule of water she held in levitation over the fire, waiting for the bubble to boil over the open flame. This one...she would turn into fish soup. Her clone had departed to scan the forest for edible herbs to use as seasonings, as well as seawater, from which she could extract sea salt. The water would, however, take some time to boil. Thus, in the meant time, Hyō turned her attention to the second globule of water. This one collapsed after she'd extracted the fish and impaled them on sticks. Humming a glissando, she set up the sticks around the campfire, she waited for the flames to slow-roast the fish. These would also take some time before they were prepared. The third globule found its inhabitants diced thinly into fillets of fish which she would steam over the fire right after her soup had risen to a boil. As for the fourth and final globule of water, its quarry would become a fresh side of sushi to compliment her meal.

Hinagiku ~~Flashback~~

'Sigh~'

It would be ignoble for the Clan Head to use her position to intercede on behalf of her daughter's punishment, in fact, it was entirely disallowed via the system of checks and balances she herself had implemented in years gone by. But that wasn't a problem, it was only natural that both punishment and consequence be received by the offending party, and Hina had no intention of fostering an attitude of irresponsibility. That was exactly why, at the earlier convenience, she'd turned over Sagisō and Kiro to the Xuanwu division.

It would be several more minutes before a comprehensive report was on her desk detailing not only the events leading up to the battle but also the results of the Xuanwu's most recent observation of the Curse Mark.

Sagisō ~~Flashback~~

Although she'd known this was coming and had prepared herself mentally...having now experienced it; "These cells are...colder than I'd imagined..."

Perchance it could've been the rapid onset of winter, or it could've just been the heart-rending look of unadulterated disappointment in her mother's eyes, but a bone-chilling, soul-freezing frost had sunk deep into the girl's veins. Huddled against the wall of the cell, arms wrapped around her knees, which were in turn tightly pressed to her chest, Sagisō stared absentmindedly at the featureless wall ahead of her...or perhaps her listless gaze went past that, and directly towards the Uchiha who should've been on the other side.

Early in the morning, Shura was lying on a branch still asleep, although not far from him and his group another Shura was patrolling the surrounding area while another one was next to a small campfire setting up a couple of s'mores with the materials he took from Kiro's belongings. When the patrolling Shura finished his rounds around the woods, he undid the cloning and disappeared, causing the real Shura to wake up and quickly hip down the branch he was on. "Alright, there doesn't seem to be any threats nearby." He thought. Glancing over to the still sleeping Henshina, Shura assessed their situation. "We should probably head back now that we have fulfilled our mission's objective." He thought. Shura looked the the remaining members if his group. "Wake up, we're leaving." He shouted.

Flashback
In front of the door leading into Sagiso's cell, stood Shura who knocked on the heavy steel door. "Hey Sagiso, I don't think I'm allowed to be here so I'll make this quick." Shura began. "I must say, I really didn't expected you out of all people to break the most basic rule about fighting in the training halls. Still, beside that simple mistake, those were some truly impressive display of skills you showed back there. Just wanted tell you that I want a rematch with you even more now." He said, finishing his sentence with a slight smirk on his face. "I don't know if you're listening to me at all but I just wanted to tell you this. Well, I better get going before I also get into trouble, see you later." He concluded before walking away. On his way out, the cat he previously rescued appeared out of nowhere and jumped on Shura's shoulder. "Oh, hey there cat, where did you come from?"

Last edited:
Katsuo sat cross-legged on the dirt bed prepared for him, already in deep meditation by the time the sun had peaked over the horizon. He visualized his core, the inner workings of his chakra network, and the locations where it pooled up in his body. He could see a dense illuminated orb of water in the center of his being, it swayed back and forth gently, naturally correcting any ripple that occurred on the surface of the massive chakra ball.
But residing directly to the right of it, were dense strands of violent lightning style chakra, all of which seemed to be coiling around one another, violently clashing in flashes of light on occasion.

"Calm and cool....yet violent and sporadic.....two natures that dont get along, forced into the same body. They may cause issues with one another, and may make training a bit difficult, but there mine nonetheless..."
Katsuo assessed the two drastically different types of chakra, attempting to get his energy 'acquainted' to this foreign power he'd only recently tapped into.

The water energy quivered, before dispersing into large coiled tendrils that slowly edged there way towards his lightning chakra. As the water made contact with the lightning, violent flashes of energy occurred, causing the two types of chakra to essentially bounce away from one another. It had been clar to him for awhile now...these energies didnt want to co-exist.

"Hm....still doesnt look good....." The young traveler-nin slowly opened his eyes, relaxing his posture and exhaling slowly. He'd done this routine on wake-up every day since he obtained lightning chakra, but the result was always the same. While this had been a bit disheartening, he refused to stop. He would find a way to make these natures work in unison, make them his own. There had to be a way....right?

-------------------------------

Lady Guren had hardly been asleep throughout the night, only resting her eyes on occasion to help regain some lost chakra. Upon the sun breaking through the treeline, the crystal webbing that lined the group in a protective layer, began glistening with a light show so luminescent it was similar to that of a strobe-light show. Anyone who was still asleep would certainly be awake and alert after such a display, thats for sure.

"Relaxing morning." She mumbled to herself in a half-joking tone, before shooting up and stretching her arms out high above her head.
"We dont have much time to sit around, so if anyone's hungry, ive got some dried rations on hand. There's a small stream nearby, so we'll get some fresh water from there. Once everyone is fueled up and packed up, we'll set off on the hunt, now move it." Lady Guren stated her orders flatly, showing no sign of hesitation after such a heavy night of rest. It was clear that she meant business in finding this Jinchuriki.

The sun has risen, and so has Mori. He was busy gathering some berries and roots, and if he was lucky some meat as well. He wanted to save the rations as long as possible, and thankfully he knew what berries and plants were edible and which were poisonous. If only there was a river nearby for fish, but he couldn't always be lucky. After half an hour of searching, he couldn't find anything worth hunting. There were some mice, but they would cost more energy than they would give. He returned to his camp and began to chop the roots into smaller pieces with his tanto. His group would need the nutrients, they were on a jinchuriki hunt after all. After he was done with chopping up roots, he saw Tomiko return from what he assumed to be her morning training. "Hey Tomiko, welcome back!" He waved at the fellow Iwa genin, talking rather loud given the distance between the two.
-----------------------------------------------------

Taji was basking in the early sunlight, her legs crossed and her eyes closed. She wasn't going to skip her daily routine because she was on a mission, and this was helping her to relax. "In through the nose, out through the mouth. Let the troubles of yesterday float away and ease your mind and body. The sun doesn't lose her golden shine regardless of yesterday, be like the sun. Let her glow soak your muscles and use her brightness to get through the day." The Kumo genin was talking to herself, and she seemed comfortable. After a couple of minutes she got up and went back to her camp. She opened some rations and began to eat, waiting for her teammates to wake up before eating breakfast would just be a waste of time.

Last edited:
"Relax. She hasn't done anything to note. Yet."

Kakashi, who had already been up as he rested on a tree branch naturally reading his favorite piece of literature, made his statement known to Taiyo as even with his focus seemingly on his book he had clearly seen the shock as he remembered who they were in camp with. While they rotated searches, Kakashi was always mindful to keep caution with Hama; keeping an eye on her while he had been busy but unasming most of the night. A compsure all too familiar to his star student as Sakura emerged from the tent with a yawn as she glanced ahead; she had the same initial nervousness of seeing Hama and company she settled a bit when she saw Kakashi....and scowled at the book he held.

Is he really reading that, here with this terrifying Mist team right next to us?
Even in possible peril, he can't help being a big perv.

----------
"Still have the scent?"

"Y-yes, it appeared she stayed the night in her location.
Darui had been crouched down next to Aisha as it appeared they stood in a clearing right by camp; as it appeared they had been up a bit early with Luna & Sky in tow as Darui asked for clarification on any shift to the Jinchuriki's position. They had camped right at the edge of Aisha's odor range so that they would be a fair ways away from wherever she had been to avoid being spotted but also able to keep pursuit. And it seemed they were on that sweet spot.

Kenji.....was lying on his back in the middle of camp. Away from a tent as it appeared he had been there for quite some time. From before dawn to now in the early morning; though what he had been thinking about remained a mystery as his expression seemed oddly unreadable. With an old quote he heard from what seemed like ages ago ringing in his head.

Be proud, you've faced defeat at the hands of Ajisai Sagiso, a Kunoichi of Nadeshiko Village...

Hearing Shura’s wake up call, Kiro lifted the his jacket off himself and sat up. He’d used it as a blanket to prevent himself from completely freezing during the cool night. He had also put his trust in Shura to watch them for the night and it seemed everything was still fine. The jinchuriki was right where they had left her the other day. Either Shura had gotten to her really good or she just wanted the marshmallows. Speaking of the latter, Kiro was quickly overcome by a sweet, mouth-watering aroma of molten chocolate blending with marshmallows.

‘He’s even making breakfast for... wait, what the hell?!’ Kiro instinctively reached to his waist only to find his other two scrolls missing. ‘That coniving bastard! I was even helping him get closer to her and he still took advantage of my generosity.’ In his mind, Shura had just betrayed him for the female jinchuriki. Even offering some of his marshmallows was a difficult sacrifice. Those s’mores were supposed to be his and now... The Uchiha took a deep breath to cool himself off. This was no time for such childish complaints.

“How are you planning to let Lady Hinagiku know we’re retreating?” Kiro put on his jacket and hopped off the tree to land in front of Shura before continuing. “I refuse to believe she hasn’t arrived on this island by now. In fact, she’s probably sipping tea, watching us at this very moment. That means it would be safer for us to go to her instead of sending up a signal to let the enemies know our location. Thoughts on this Shura?”

Flashback
Like Sagisō, the Uchiha had also been thrown into a cell. Luckily for Kiro, the Hyūga were generous enough to patch him up somewhat. The wrist he used to counter Sagisō’s Fouette was now bandaged up. It would take at least four to five days to heal. Meanwhile, his foot that had been gone through by Sagisō’s hair was stitched up. There was still a slight itch, but nothing too bothersome. Unfortunately, the injuries meant he couldn’t exert his body to much training.

The low temperature in the cell was also a reminder of the situation he found himself in a few months prior. Cold and alone. He hated that memory and cold with it. For now, Kiro was just casually sitting up by the wall with his elbows rested on his knees. Normally he would train to pass the time but that privilege was stolen away by the girl that currently occupied the cell beside his. Speaking of which, Kiro could hear she had received a visitor.

The visitor started by revealing that battles in the training halls were against the Hyūga rules. Hearing that made Kiro immediately question what Sagisō was thinking by taking such a risk. She must’ve known the consequences. Another part that piqued Kiro’s interest was that this visitor had already faced Sagisō and was interested in a rematch. Needless to say, Kiro was a bit curious. Once the sound of Shura’s footsteps vanished, indicating that he was gone, Kiro let out a long, drawn out sigh before speaking up.

“Hey Sagisō.” Kiro paused for a moment and looked off to the side. The Uchiha had realized he was attempting to start conversation with the girl who had tormented him for so long. “That guy seemed like he really wants to take you down. Who is he?” For his question, Kiro was wondering if there was another person on her level that he didn’t know about. Was that guy also capable of beating Sagisō? If that was the case, Kiro would have to mark him down as a potential threat.

Kai saw a tuff of pink hair emerge from one of the tents. Sakura, the leaf ninja herself. It’s her. Here is my opportunity. Kai walked over to her, his steps mushing on the dew covered ground. Making it to her, Kai cleared his throat.

“Sakura, I have an important matter to discuss with you.” He whispered. “You are a leaf ninja. And so you have more information on this topic than I. So I must ask...”

Kai’s deamnor got far more serious, as of his very aura gave off a different tonality about him. It seemed as if he were in a no-nonsense mood.

“...How is the ninja known as Kiro Uchiha?”

Hama meanwhile waved at Kakashi, who was resting on a nearby branch reading his favorite book. Her wave of lobsided and half attempted, her other hand on her hip.

“My, Kakashi dear, I didn’t even see you there~” Hama chuckled. “I believe it’s time you give me back my little ‘compensation’ I gave you.”

She held out her waving hand, expecting Kakashi to return the blood vial of trust that blinded this whole scenario together. Her sing song voice and her chipper attitude never faded.

Kidomaru snickered, hanging upside down on a thread. Ukon notice the scheming spider, a frustrated brow furrowing.

“Well? Spit it out!”

“None of my tripwires were triggered last night.... you see I deployed them around this island, my little spiders scuttled across is while we slept, keeping an expanding network of spider threads around the entire perimeter of the island, but only the parimeter. You know what that means right?”

“That the jinchurki, nor those pesky runts left.” Zaku scoffed. “I say we take ‘em out. That’ll teach ‘em for messing with the new generation of ninja of the sound!”

“As much as I appreciate the enthusiasm, we should have recon first.” Sakon suggested. “They haven’t left, but we don’t know atbwhat state they are in. Let’s go, Spearhead Recon formation!”

Sakon took the lead, followed by Zaku and Kou on the lefts and right, and Kidomaru following behind, using his threads to try and detect the jinchurki, while watching for activity on exiting the island. The search had begun

Sagisō ~~Flashback~~

Though she remained huddled until the corner, even after Shura's steps had faded into obscurity, his visit had brought a slight smile to her face. There had been no reason for him to speak to her now, especially not at the risk of punishment of his own...yet he still had. "...what an idiot." Unable to restrain the ghost of a smirk on her lips, she giggled. Gathering her hair, she threw it over her shoulder allowing it to pool together in her lap. Sweeping her fingers through her hair, she went about ridding it of any knots and removing any damaged strands. While doing so, she pondered on Kiro's question.

"Hyūga Shura...a cousin", Feeling the words roll from her lips, she frowned. Her pupils shifted towards the cell's bars, and eventually towards the direction Shura had left in. Her eyes narrowed into crescents, and in what was almost a purr, she corrected, "Nay, he's my brother."

Shura looked at Kiro when he asked him what their plan of action was, he thought about it for a bit. "Well, I believe retreating is the best course of action right now." He answered. "Don't worry, I have my way of contacting miss Hinagiku." He added. Once the s'mores finished cooking, Shura's clone took them and tossed them to the people who were awake including Henshina who just woke up and was running her eyes. She caught the treat and smelled the sweet aroma with a relaxed expression. "Wow, these smell really good." She said before turning towards Kiro. "Thank you for offering them to me mister." She said with a bright smile on her face.

“I agree with a retreat as well. If you have a sure fire way of getting into contact with Lady Hinagiku without revealing our location to the enemy, then I won’t have a problem. I’d like to hear about it first though, if you don’t mind.” Kiro told Shura as he caught the s’more in his hand. A molten marshmallow and chocolate merged together in between a crisp graham cracker. It looked just as good as it smelled. Henshina had also woken up. When the jinchuriki caught hers, too Kiro’s surprise, she actually thanked him.

The Uchiha stood in shock for a brief moment before running his free hand through his hair. “Uh, you’re welcome I guess. Shura was the one who made it so you should be thanking him as well.” Kiro was a bit unsure how to respond to a ‘thanks’ and did the best he could by giving Shura some of the rightfully deserved credit. It still felt weird though.

Flashback
“Hyūga Shura...” He softly restated the name himself, storing it into his memory for any potential interactions. He noticed Sagisō correct herself but didn’t think too much of it. ‘Must be a sibling rivalry then.’ Kiro supposed that made sense. A brother coming to check on their sister also didn’t seem that surprising now that he thought about it. What was surprising was the fact that Tayuya was also Sagisō’s sister.

The Uchiha shook his head of that thought. That one must’ve been an inside joke between the two to torment him even further. He wouldn’t be fooled that easily! Going back to his previous thoughts, Kiro took this opportunity to ask another, slightly more important question. “In any case, I heard what your brother said. About the training hall rules. If you knew the consequences, why take such a risk? There was no need to do so just to fight me.” There was a chance she could’ve simply forgotten, but Kiro doubted that.

"Yeah no, I don't mind sharing this method with you." Said Shura while looking for a good place to place the signal. He looked back towards Kiro when he attempted to give even more credit to him. "Stop being so modest Kiro." He said. Henshina giggled a bit. "I might be naive, childish and ignorant at times but I'm not stupid. I know you as the one who had these sweets with you." She declared with a joyful tone. "Not stupid huh, news to me." Gyukki's voice suddenly appeared. "Oh come one Gyukki, that's meaner than usual."