• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join ~My Class 1A - The Next Generation (MHA Rp)~

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Yukio smiled "that sounds nice" she said simply before glancing at her phone "I'm gonna head back to the dorms, I have some things I need to do, but this was nice" she said before standing up and walking in the direction of the dorms, she made it back in good time and made her way up to her dorm, the girls dorms were very empty with only two girls on 2 of the floors and none on the other floors. She was pretty sure Dakarai was on the same floor as her but she honestly couldnt remember, she entered her room, that was decorated with a bookshelf, some horror movie posters and a TV with a games console attached to it. She went to her desk and started to do some of the work she had gotten behind on.
@Manu456Alola

Caleb's smile briefly faded as Sam denied Kureiji's implications. So she didn't feel that way? Why'd she look so flustered earlier then? And what did that look she gave him mean? "I suppose she's not technically lying, it isn't like that, at least not yet." He resolved to play it out, and see what happened.

As Sam got excited about the fair, Caleb's smile, which had been strained since her denial, became genuine again. Caleb was obviously gifted with phenomenal strength, but his favorite gift was to share in the joy of others. He came abreast of Sam and laid a hand on her shoulder and gave it a firm but gentle squeeze, saying "That one? Then let's have at it!" He spoke warmly, momentarily forgetting his awkwardness, although he blushed as he withdrew his hand, realizing he'd touched without asking again.

Miku followed his buddy into the cute, hipstery café, eager to eat something. As he stepped inside, the appetizing smell hit him like a delicious wave. He grinned as he gazed at all of the people who were eating, talking, laughing, kissing each other, the stuff that you would usually do in a café. He walked up to the counter by Ru and picked up a menu, scanning all of the snacks and beverages.
"Does this place have soup?" He muttered, trying to recall what he ate last time he was here. Ru's question snapped him out of his trance and he looked at the barista. "Oh yeah! Um... could I have the doughnut and some hot chocolate, please?" The barista smiled and went to the backroom for a minute. Miku glanced at his friend. "Let's sit down!" He sauntered over to a nearby table and sat down across from his friend. Their food was brought give seconds later by the barista, who placed the snacks and the beverages in front of them. Miku grabbed the powdered doughnut and took a big bite out of it. After he chewed, he looked Ru dead in the eye with a solemn expression.
"But enough chit chat, I wanna know the deets. What do you really think about our classmates." He loved gathering intel--- er, his friends' opinions on their fellow classmates, it was, in a very strange way, very relaxing to him.
@Barefoot_Kittens

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
"Bye, nice hanging out with you!" Acura replied, waving at Yuuki as she left. He stayed at the park for a few more minutes before heading back to the dorms himself, taking in the view as he went back. Upon arriving at the building, he headed upstairs to the second floor and into his room. Some things that stood out in his room were a spare katana, a whetstone and a keyboard, with the last one being placed next to the window. He sat down on his desk, and decided to finish the last of his homework assignments. Once he was done, he decided to take a nap on his bed.

When night came, Acura awoke to rumbling right outside of his room. Unsure of who was on the other side, he grabbed his katana that was next to his bed, unsheathing it, and silently walked over to the door, ready to attack whoever would come in. The door was opened by the intruder, and as they stepped in, Acura swung his electrified weapon, stopping a mere inch from their arm. The blue electricity shed light on the intruder, revealing... Hiro? Why would he pick his door lock? Was he lost or something? "...what are you doing here?" Acura asked, hoping the other student wouldn't retaliate in anger like he'd seen before, knowing a fiery fist from point blank would be impossible to dodge for him.
@BigHoodieBoy236

“Hmm, so is who it was, this should be fun.” Ashikura thought to himself. He then smiled and burst out laughing. He then slowly changed back to his normal self. “Oh my god, that look on your face, like you were waiting for a punch or something, that was hilarious.” Then he stuck his tongue out and said”I’m gonna he confiscating this room so shoo.” He made a shooing notion with his hand while saying that. “I’m gonna go to bed.” He said as he walked towards Acura’s bed.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
As Ashikura changed back to normal and laughed, Acura looked up with his hands raised, as if to say "why me?". He had heard of the boy's pranks before, but he had never fallen victim to one, and hadn't thought he would go as far as to sneak into someone's dorm. This guy's something else... He thought. Upon noticing the prankster was heading towards his bed, Acura sat down on it and looked directly at him. "Uh, no you're not. Listen, I wanna get some sleep, and I'd much appreciate it if you went to your actual room instead of sneaking in people's rooms and causing trouble. So, would you kindly go away?" He requested, putting his weapon on its sheath and placing it next to the bed.
@BigHoodieBoy236

Sam, distracted by the buzz of the festival, didn't even notice when Caleb came up beside her. When the larger student rested his hand upon her shoulder, the girl looked up with a smile and nodded enthusiastically. It wasn't until Caleb withdrew his hand that Sam realized how easily such a situation could've been misread. She peeked around her, wondering if anyone thought that the pair was dating. A rather childish thought, in her opinion, but a small part of her hoped that these complete strangers did make such a mistake. The girl let out a short sigh with a content smile, looking back at Dakarai and Kureiji before her gaze fell back upon Caleb for what may have been a bit too long. The girl then released a giggle before practically skipping to the stand and expecting the others to follow. Her tail swished as she briefly spoke to the man who was working the stand before she jumped onto one of the stools and gestured her friends to follow suit.

Ru followed behind Miku, the bouncier boy seemed much more natural in the leader position. After sitting down, ti wasn't long at all until their food and beverages had arrived. Ru thanked the waitress with a nod before turning towards his food, taking a short sip of coffee before smiling at the satisfying sweet taste. Both boys were quiet as they ate, eventually Ru looked up while tearing off a piece of his croissant with his teeth, only to be met with a creepily still stare from Miku. Ru raised his brows, mid bite, and paused as if waiting for a question that was taking unfortunately long to formulate. Eventually, Ru bit off the piece when Miku finally spoke. "Deets?" Ru repeated, caught, once again, off guard by his new friend's weirdness. "Oh, I don't know..." Ru trailed off as he thought about the question. To be honest, he didn't pay much attention to his classmates- besides the ones he had befriended. He minded his own business in hopes that it would keep him out of confrontation with the more intimidating members of the class. "I guess it's mellowed out lately, which is good. Obviously, there is still some pretty scary people. I wouldn't mess with either of those dragons, they might just kill someone, plus the muscular guy looks he'll snap your neck if you talk to him the wrong way. Yuuki lost control too, must that's different because I know she's chill. Uh... Kureiji, I think that's his name, is kinda wild, maybe has a screw loose or something- same with that Bakugo girl he's always with. Otherwise, the class if nice and calm. I guess." Ru shrugged after realizing he was beginning to ramble. "What about you, what do you think of everyone?" he boy asked the question back towards Miku.

Maniku laughed and said”Oh no, no. Silly me, I need to do this first.” He then transformed into Acura and smiled and said “How about you leave, this is my room now.”
He then laid down on the bed and pretended to fall asleep. “This is gonna be soooo funny. He’s sooooooooo gonna freak.” He thought to himself. He was ready for whatever happened, because it would most likely be funny.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
" Oh boy, we're still doing the race regardless. Well, I'm not gonna participate in it. Though, if you want to act as my personal taxi service, go right ahead. " Inanis argued monotonously, joking, before holding his hands up to let Drayda grab hold of them. He admitted, it felt kinda weird just soaring through the air without being aware of what is moving him. Well, he did know what was moving him, but considering he couldn't see anything, it still felt kind of weird. He just kinda hung there, waiting for the landing.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Acura briefly flinched as Maniku decided to not just ignore him, but also transform into him and lay on his bed. Acura was now visibly irritated, and figured the prankster wouldn't leave by normal means. The boy sighed, and even though he would usually be against resolving conflict through a fight, he knew this would probably be the only way to get Maniku to leave. He briefly hovered his hand over the intruder's chest, before muttering "I told you to leave...". Azure electricity surged from his hand, shooting downwards at the transformed boy, briefly outputting 50.000 volts to establish a current before lowering it to 1.200 volts, in a similar fashion to a taser. He kept going for about three seconds, before stopping to ask Maniku again. "Second chance, will you please go back to your actual room?"
@BigHoodieBoy236

“Ah, silly me, this isn’t my room. Time to go.” Maniku changed back into himself, then strode towards the door, but then stopped before he opened it. “Oh, yeah, I’m taking your pillow.” He said, showing Acura the pillow that was previously on the bed. “Bye bye now, see you next time.” He then rushed out the door and ran up the stairs and towards his room. He opened his door and went inside. “Haha, bet he wasn’t expecting that.” He said with a smile. He set the pillow on the floor, then fainted from being electrocuted.

"Well Dakarai, why even have you feel the pain if I can guard!" He said simply, and walked behind Sam. He didn't expect a lot of praise for his super honed motor skills, and he wasn't the type to fish for it either, so he wasn't going to get on Dakarai's case for not thanking him. She didn't need to, It was what many people would consider "selfless" or whatever.

He closely studied the body language of Sam and Caleb. Now, this kid wasn't an expert on romance, I mean, he'd never dated someone in his life, but he'd seen enough movies to know the schtick. Both of them were blushing, nervous around each other, trying to to physically touch... Yeah. The two were hardcore crushing on each other. Almost made him a bit jealous that they were so close already and yet he and Dakarai were-

Kureiji. Cut it out. This isn't a Double Date. Don't get your hopes up about potential romance, she's just a friend...

He sat down on a stool, one seat away from Sam. He wanted Caleb to sit there, and if he was lucky maybe he'd get some luck with Daka- it's only four seats. Both of her options are next to you. It would literally be nothing insinuating a crush if she sat next to you, what God damn options did she have!? "All right, how do you play this?"

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
“Yeah, I guess that’s true,” Dakarai admitted. Was I being insensitive? she wondered. I mean... I’m not big on emotional releases, maybe that was just a bit too reserved? She blinked several times to clear her somewhat guilty confusion before taking a seat on the stool that wasn’t next to Sam. The two lovebirds should have a chance to chat, you know? Although, she wasn’t exactly sure that they were crushing, she wouldn’t even know the warning signs if it hadn’t been for her mother. She was forever hopelessly confused on the subject of romantic interest, even with her mother’s encouragement, tips, and tricks.

“Hmm?“ Dakarai turned to Kureiji at his question. ”Oh, these ones are fun... I think, not sure if this one is different than the one time I’ve done it before... I’m pretty sure you just aim the gun and try to hit the target with the water? I dunno, my depth perception is crap unless I pop out some eagle eyes on my forehead, and that’s just kinda gross, so...” She shrugged, grinning, as she gestured to her human eyes. “Guess I’m stuck with these!”

As the proprietor explained the game to Kureiji, Caleb half listened, since he already knew the core of the game. Not from actual experience, but he'd heard it described by older folks back home who had done it, and the game had not changed in the years that had passed.

He sat down next to Sam, gesturing to Dakarai to finish the lineup of the four friends. The group did well overall, although Caleb wasn't terribly good at it. He'd never used a squirt gun before and the physics behind it were far from simple. Nonetheless it was fun for others, and that was enough for Caleb. As they stepped away, Caleb made eye contact with Kureiji, and made a deliberately confused expression, subtly gesturing between Kureiji and Dakarai, attempting to say "do you like her?" With his hands and eyes, although he didn't know if that meaning came through. He'd only seen tiny hints, just enough to make him suspect there might be something more there. But was sure of one thing: that he wasn't sure about anything else, and he didn't want to make Kureiji feel awkward by addressing it out loud. If Kureiji understood or no, Caleb decided to not touch that topic for the night unless someone else did.

When they had finished up the game, Caleb took a look around, before spying a game of Whac-a-Mole, a favorite among carnivals and arcades alike. He gestured in that direction, a smirk on his face. "Y'all wanna give that a try? He popped his knuckles and stepped up to the game, rolling his shoulders. He picked up the mallet, taking a few practice swings to get used to the motion. With his reflexes and hand speed, he had no trouble winning the game without his quirk, no matter how fast the moles rose and fell. The clerk looked more impressed than surprised, and gave Caleb the prize of a stuffed monkey for winning, which Caleb took with a nod and a soft thank you. He then stepped aside, motioning for his friends to give it a go.

After Sam had gone, Caleb held out the stuffed monkey to Sam. "Would you like this? I don't really want it, so I'd like to let you have it." He knew it was a somewhat childish gift but he'd seen snippets of movies where the man gave the woman a stuffed animal, and she didn't take it because she wanted it, but because it was from him. "Wait, why am I thinking like we're dating? We're not, not yet anyway. Too late to turn back." He chided himself internally as his arm extended outwards to offer the toy, a cautious smile on his face.
@Night's Shadow @Cryronn the Mudkip @Barefoot_Kittens

Last edited:
As everyone sat down, Sam let a smile take over her face. She didn't notice her friend's conscious effort to avoid the seat was to encourage her, rather almost becoming offended when Kureiji didn't sit beside her and instead moved a seat away, but once Caleb sat beside her the girl was glad that it had happened. Though, not much talking was done as Sam became competitive as soon as the gme began and Caleb... was less than a worthy opponent. The game started and ended quickly, Sam being rather experienced at the game since fairs were a go-to family outing for her father. The girl won by a hair, though it was all as exciting as it was when she was a little kid and had won. Especially, when the man revealed her prize to be a meager stuffed fish about the size of her palm. The girl smiled anyways, enjoying the fun that the group of four was sharing. Sam's prize fit into her purse, were it was shoved and forgotten as Caleb pointed out another game.
The group made their way to wac-a-mole, Sam couldn't help but think of how perfect this game was for Caleb. The girl cheered softly for Caleb as he dominated the game, winning with ease- much to the amusement of the man running the stand. After Caleb was done, each member of the group gave the game a go. Sam, who was confident in her skills- found herself embarrassed when she didn't win the game. Sam wasn't a particularly strong girl when it came to upper body, relying more on speed and precision in combat, so no matter how quickly she saw the mole pop up, she couldn't lift the mallet fast enough to move it over. The game got quicker as it went on, and by the end of it Sam was fairly certain that it was impossible for anyone without super-human abilities to win. Which, of course, made Caleb's feat all the more impressive.
As Sam stepped back to watch the others play, she was caught of guard when Caleb reached out to her with his prize in hand. Sam listened to Caleb's offer and blinked, processing the situation before her face became hot and she dropped her gaze to the ground in hopes he wouldn't notice her blush. There was no way that such a stereotypical scene was happening! That only happens in romance mangas and movies, was this some kind of a joke? Caleb had to know what he was doing, right? Well, it was now or never. Sam evaded the toy, instead dodging under Caleb's extended arm and moving towards his body. The smaller student wrapped her arms around Caleb in a swift hug, momentarily forgetting how awkward this would later be, it was a simple and friendly gesture- but still the most contact the pair had had. "Thank you, I love it. See, like me!" Sam smiled as she pulled away, taking the toy from Caleb and gesturing to it's monkey tail while her own tail curled and swished around.

Kureiji was well... aggressive in the game. While he wasn’t quite as good as Sam was, his nature to need to destroy everything that was in direct sight was very very good for this specific game, though he lacked the aiming. He was better with physical motor skills anyway.

Once that was done, he saw Caleb’s gesture, and since he wasn’t a dumb boy he knew exactly what it meant. He got slightly nervous, and couldn’t help but feel a blush start to form but... he hadn’t seen anything that was a sign off of Dakarai, so he thought, what was the point? He simply gave Caleb a sigh and a shrug as an answer.

He went to Wack-A-Mole with a sturdy need to be AGGRESSIVE. He was, for a lack of a better term, toned for his age, as his upper body strength was needed to lift any heavy logs or branches that he’d summon for combat purposes. He began to smash each mole that he could with a stern aggression, but because, again, his accuracy was shit, he wasn’t able to actually even hit that many, thus earning him only a Ring Pop, which he gladly unwrapped and began to suck on.

He saw Caleb’s romantic gesture and laughed a little. If he’d done that with a ring pop it would’ve been a goddamn proposal. It made him grin, as he sucked on the hard candy. He supposed he should let Dakarai choose next... not out of anything chivalrous or anything like that, of course not... of course not... but because he had to save the best for last yeeaaaahh-!

Caleb had known there were a number of possible outcomes for what he'd just done, but he hadn't expected a hug. When Sam slipped past his arm, he reflexively tensed his abs to resist a strike to the gut, although he didn't actually think she was going to hit him. When she hugged him, he was a little stiff with surprise and only managed to hug her loosely before she pulled away.

As Sam thanked him, he followed her tail's movements. It was cute the way she flicked it about when she was excited. He wrangled an idiot grin down to a more normal smile, which was offset by a blush. and softly replied "I... I'm glad you like it." He noticed Dakarai was done with the Whac-a-Mole game and ready to move on. He made a gesture to Sam and Kureiji, as if to say "after you" and the group moved on. Caleb let himself fall to the back of the group as his mind worked "Well that went better than I could've hoped. Maybe this is what Mom meant about flirting. Let's hope so." Caleb noticed Kureiji was letting Dakarai make a choice, and so he waited calmly to see what she had in mind.

@Night's Shadow

There Kishi was, racing his two classmates in a contest that would decide the fate of his lunch.

He once again used his quirk as a geyser, though this time aiming it away from the ground so as to not destroy any property or hurt anybody. Adrenaline coursed through his body, the thrill of soaring through the skies like a bird beginning to excite him.

I should come to school like this more often! If only it didn't make me so warm... He thought, taking note of his temperature beginning to skyrocket from the intense use of his quirk.

Though, I suppose once I move into the dorms tomorrow, I won't need to do this any longer! My, those dorms do look absolutely fabulous. I wonder if I can take my Raystation and a small television, perhaps. I'd be bored out of my mind if I couldn't. Ah, dorm life sounds so exciting! He continued internally.

Not only will I be right next to school, but I can meet new party members too! That muscular fellow can be our tank, Gumoto our support, Yuuki our caster... And of course, I'm the all rounder over-leveled protagonist! The two dragons can be our destructive summons. Speaking of dragons, I should ask her if she's interested!
He finished, now turning his head to be met with a face full of green.

A few tumbles later, Kishi poked his head out of a bush to get his bearings.

I ran into a tree?! How humili- He began, before noticing the signature U.A main building right in front of him.

Yes, I made it! Phew, I was really starting to burn up there. I wonder how the other two - OH, NO WAY I'M COMING LAST!

He hurriedly and awkwardly stumbled out of the bush before dashing toward the main entrance, hoping to get there before his rivals.

@DevVoid @Merciless Medic

=Nightshade=

When she’d finished the Whac-A-Mole, Dakarai’s eye was caught by a carnival game she’d never seen before. As she watched, a kid began climbing a ladder toward a bell, when suddenly, halfway up, the ladder flipped over, sending the kid tumbling off onto the bounce-house-like floor. She felt her face break into a grin.

It was a simple mechanism, really. Instead of the ladder being fastened at four points, it was only fastened at two, one at each end. Dakarai knew that the ladder would flip no matter how hard she tried to balance on top of it, so the only solution was to hold on for dear life. She placed her foot on the first rung.

As she approached the halfway point, she began grabbing the rungs with her knees instead of just placing her feet on them. When the ladder flipped, Dakarai found herself hanging like a sloth. Gingerly, she began inching up the ladder upside-down, one rung at a time, until she could stretch up to reach the bell. She dropped once she’d rung it, and the guy running the game gave her a stuffed tiger as a prize. The girl grinned expectantly as she waited for her friends to try. “It’s harder than it looks,” she warned.

Caleb watched Dakarai succeed at the ladder game, which initially perplexed him as it seemed too easy. Then he noticed the ladder's devious mounting, and understood why it would be problematic. He watched Dakarai's technique of simply holding on tight to resist the centrifugal force of the spinning ladder trying to throw her off. He looked on with a thoughtful look "Balancing on the way up should be possible, but her strategy makes more sense. Sam probably has the balance to avoid flipping, but I don't." After Dakarai returned, he took his turn. When the ladder inevitably flipped, he found he hadn't set his legs as firmly as necessary, and his legs dangled off the ladder. He knew his quirk would make it very easy to get up, but he refused to do so, since it was possible that such a use of his quirk would be illegal in public. Instead, he used his abs to pull his legs back up, and finished the climb, ringing the bell before dropping down. He rubbed his abs, grinning at his friends. "You were right, I almost lost because I underestimated the flip." He addressed Dakarai in particular, chuckling as he spoke. Then he turned to Sam and Kureiji "Good luck, see if y'all can beat our times." He was smiling, these games were straight out of his mom's stories about visiting state fairs as a little girl, and he was having as much fun as she remembered.
@Barefoot_Kittens @Cryronn the Mudkip

Now Kureiji looked at this game and squinted. He understood the gimmick, he'd been to these kinds of fairs before. The problem was... He really soft hands. He didn't really use them for hardcore grip exercises much, so the skin on them hadn't toughened up or calloused. It was something he'd inherited from his mother, so he couldn't really help it. He could at least try, but he knew he would probably fail.

He mounted the ladder, and began to make his slow ascent. For once, he decided to take this one slow, as going aggressive would only lead to his defeat. He knew such a use of his power was not considered illegal, and for this game it would be pretty much necessary to beat it, so at the point of no return he created clear, bristle-like plant fibers that stuck to his hands, increasing the friction that he got on the ladder. When it flipped though, he didn't tighten his grip hard enough, he thought he had, bug even with the extra friction gained he slid off, ditching the plant fibers afterward.

"Haha, I'm bad, sorry. Nice work though, Dakarai, that tiger looks great! You should be happy to have won that... I mean I'm not assuming that you're not happy for course..." He grinned for a little bit too long like a dope, and decided to wait until Sam had finished her climb before he chose the last carnival game... He wanted to do something that he could finally win at.

Sam watched Dakarai intently, studying the game, and clapped her hands together in praise when the other girl finished. "Oh, wow, good job!" she beamed upon Dakarai, this game would be easy so long as the ladder didn't flip. When Caleb began the course, Sam's eyes sparkled in fascination. While she had watched Dakarai she had a sort of impressed look on her face, but she stared at Caleb differently- almost as if she was just staring at him to stare at him. When Caleb finished, the girl smiled, "Oh yeah!" Sam cheered and offered the boy a high five. As Kureiji began, Sam wondered how cool it would be if all of the friends were able to finish the game. However, the animal-boy who was currently on the ladder soon fell from it, causing Sam to giggle. Sam smiled gently when Kureiji did his best to make conversation with Dakarai, having to turn around to keep her second-hand embarrassment at bay. Perhaps teenagers were supposed to be bad at that kind of thing. The last to go, Sam approached the ladder with a confident smile. She had a simple plan, don't let the ladder flip. With her tail, she had 5 coordinated appendages that she just had to use to keep balance. Sam moved, at first, very slowly- but she got the hang of things about half way through. First both hands, then her feet and tail simultaneously. It seemed to be working out, but as she was practically close enough to reach the ball, the girl slipped. Rather than her hands reflexively tightening, the girl's tail instinctively caught her instead- unfortunately, the man was rather quick to inform Sam that it didn't count because all of her limbs had left the ladder. Likely, he just didn't want to run out of prizes. The girl giggled as she climbed out of the bouncy structure, "Whoops." she shrugged, clearly not too devastated by the loss.

"Listen here, I've got them stoopid baby hands. Not that they're tiny it's just their really soft and have barely any friction... It just works better when creating things, and soft skin is something my mother graciously passed down to me, and if I was a lady I'm sure I could be a professional skin model~" he said the last bit in a high-pitched standard girl-mimic voice. He knew that the two girls wouldn't really take offense, they knew that he meant no foul (hopefully.)

"Now my brethren, which is literally just Dakarai, Caleb, and Sam, we shall tast our power in the most intense, most breathtaking of all Carnival games..." He pointed in the direction of some kind of plant/factory about a mile away that could be seen over the horizon. "...the foretold horizon of the i n c i n e r a t i o n p l a n t." He said, and sounded like he was incredibly serious. And then he made a jovial smile. "Nah, were doing the STRONK TEST, MOTHER-TRUCKERS-"

He stepped up, the classic carnival strength test... Hit the thing with a hammer, try and hit the bell. Well, little did they know he'd mastered the timing, strike location, and finesse of this game years ago after months of intense training, and was now ready to show them the mastery of Kueriji, wizard of the strength hammer. He looked it over, analyzing its model to determine how he should strike, and grinned.

"Watch and learn, ladies... And yes, that includes you, Caleb, to see a true STRONK BOY." He grinned, but was inside panicking and hoping he didn't over-hype himself on this one and then fail miserably. He grabbed the hammer, and concentrated. "STERONK TIME-" he stuck down the hammer with the perfect speed, height, power, and velocity, on just the right spot, sending the maker crashing into the bell!!! "yES!" He yelled, all his anxiety about doing it melting away instantly. His reward? Well, he could choose. It was either a stuffed monkey that looked just at the correct largeness that he could still fit it in his arms, or a plastic hammer that he could hit people with.

This would be a no-brainier if he was with his extended family or grade school friends, he would take the hammer to be an antagonistic bastard to everyone around him... But this time was different. These people had only known him for a week and a half now.

So he chose the funny monkey, oo oo aaa aaa.

Caleb nodded at Kureiji's success at the hammer strike. "Not bad. Not bad at all." He allowed, a gentle smile on his face. He stepped up and took a few practice swings, his smile turning gleeful. The smile faded for a moment as he emptied himself of any desire to use his quirk, and he took a colossal swing. The knocker shot up and rang the bell with a loud bang. The clerk looked at Caleb irritably as he, like everyone else, realized the hammer head had been broken off by the force of the strike, and the bell had been dented where the hammer had landed.

Evidently the clerk knew his hammer was not well made, because he had a spare on hand. Caleb apologized and stepped away, forgoing a prize. He shrugged to his friends, remarking "I'm surprised YOU didn't break the hammer" to Kureiji, and meant it. With how his friend had struck, he was surprised the hammer hadn't broken. He gestured to the girls, indicating they should match their might against the classic carnival game.

@Night's Shadow @Barefoot_Kittens

=Nightshade=

Dakarai smothered a laugh when the hammer broke; property damage was always fun. Luckily, there was an extra, and Dakarai took it with self-mocking hilarity. She knew there was no way she’d reach the bell; if she ever needed muscle in a fight, she’d just let rip a pair of gorilla arms or something. But right now, she was just gonna go for a slop shot, Hail Mary, whatever you want to call it, just smack the pad and see where the hammer ends up.

The girl raised the hammer above her head, then brought it down hard, as hard as she could... which was not very hard, compared to some of the others. It would’ve been easier if she could build up momentum from the sky... But I digress. The hammer on the machine jumped a little more than halfway up the pole before falling back down. Dakarai shrugged as she walked back to her friends. “I’m about as strong as the average human being without my quirk,” she said, poking fun at herself. “Oh, well. Nice going though, Kureiji, Caleb.”

The boy began talking about his own, personal opinions about their classmates, just like Miku had wanted. He nodded slightly as Ru spoke, very intrested in what the boy had to say. But some of his words confused him, who were these Yuuki and Kureiji?
"Huh? Who are those?" The boy asked his friend, but he didn't wait for an answer and reached into his backpack, pulling out a sheet of paper. On it was written his classmates' (the ones who he hasn't really bonded with) names in a column and next to it was another one, made up by the nicknames he had given them. He searched for those two names, trying to figure out who they were. "Yuuki... Yuuki... Here! Oh, you meant the shy girl, the one with the eyepatch? Yeah, she's pretty scary when she removes it." He remembered how she yelled at everyone to be quiet on the first day, but then smiled. "She seems pretty chill, not like other girls. Anyway, the other name you mentioned..." He looked back at the paper and quickly found the name. "Ah, Kureiji, as in the zoo guy! Yeah, the one with the rivalry between him and psycho boy!" He looked around them to make sure nobody was listening, then leaned in. "To be frank, I think they're both mad crushing on Dakarai!" He whispered with a devilish smile. "I mean, I know The Psychopath keeps acting like he hates her guts, but I think that he's a stereotypical and extreme tsundere, trying to hide his feelings for her... or something. And that's why they're so hostile towards each other." He leaned back into his chair and stretched a little bit (the traditional way, not with his Quirk). "But yeah... our class is pretty scary. I mean, I'm kinda intimidated by the beefy guy, psycho boy, zoo guy, dragon girl, shy girl, Dakarai, pretty much everyone... except for you, you're pretty nice!" He grinned at his friend and continued working on his doughnut.
@Barefoot_Kittens

Sam giggled at Kureiji's comedic mockery, rather enjoying his silliness as such antics rather than starting trouble. When the other boy picked a game, Sam raised her brows before shrugging and following. Kureiji didn't seem the type to focus entirely on brute strength, not like Caleb, at least. Still, at watching the boy easily win she gave an impressed nod and clapped her hands together. Next, Caleb went. Of course, Sam expected the boy to win- it was like putting a fish in water and expecting it to swim. Not to the girls surprise, Caleb hit the bell, though it seemed he didn't do a great job of holding back- Sam couldn't help but giggle at the damaged tools, which she had no doubt that Caleb felt bad about. Dakarai followed after Caleb, seemingly putting all of her might into striking the object- but failing miserably. Well, not miserably, it was likely even better than average- but to go after the show Caleb and Kureiji put on, of course she looked weak. Sam was glad Dakarai took it lightly, she nodded at the other girl before walking up to the game. Sam cracked her knuckles before tightening her grip on the hammer, she'd show the boys that she was just as tough as they were! The girl took in a deep breath before raising the mallet above her head and bringing it down with as much speed as she could muster, the marker shooting up and just barely ringing the bell. It wasn't quite as spectacular as Kureiji's practiced skill or Caleb's brute strength, but she was glad she could at least ring the bell- which was no small feat in her mind. Sam looked at the prizes, before just dismissing them- she had two already and certainly didn't need another monkey.
The girl sighed, actually rather tired from the eventful few games. She sighed as she looked up at the gradually darkening sky, how long had it been? She supposed there wasn't much left to do, which meant the day was coming to a close. Which, honestly sucked- Sam didn't want it to end. The girl stroked her chin thoughtfully before the sweet smell of carnival food flooded her senses and reminded her that the group had yet to eat. Sam spun on her heels, hands extended excitedly and waving around, "Who's hungry?" the girl asked with a grin.

Ru listened to Miku, who seemed to rather enjoy observing and commenting on his classmates as if it were some kind of reality television show. Miku's last phrase made Ru smile goofily, "Well, I'm not sure if that's a compliment or not. I guess I'm not very intimidating." the boy chuckled and rubbed the nape of his neck. "But thanks, you're nice, too." Ru nodded affirmatively, taking another sip from his coffee and sighing, it was getting late. "I guess we should probably start walking back soon. I don't want to get in trouble." Ru offered softly, honestly rather tired from the day.

Caleb smiled to Sam as she walked away from the game, gave her a gentle pat on the back and said "Nice swing, you'll have me beaten yet!" He said the last part as a good-natured joke, knowing she would never have his raw strength, but he wanted to compliment her more than just saying 'good job'. He was glad to see her smile, and that was on top of all the other fun things that had happened that day.

When Sam mentioned food, he nodded again, this time with a smirk on his face. He was hungry. His body demanded he eat a lot, and although he'd hardly used his quirk all day, not having eaten since lunch was getting to him. "That sounds great, but where do we go to eat?"

@Barefoot_Kittens @Night's Shadow @Cryronn the Mudkip

Kureiji put the funny oo oo aa aa monkey on his shoulders, allowing it to basically ride on him, giving Dakarai a grin, and maybe he should compliment her. "Hey, I mean, having average strength isn't bad, and listen, I probably would've only gotten as solid of a ding as Sam if I hadn't been training in this game since I was... What, 10?" He said, giving her a light, playful punch on the shoulder. (No, this does not have enough force to hurt her either). "None the matter, it's only fair, since a lot of your power comes from wing leverage and body transformation, so it's perfectly alright!"

He turned, and his face lit up. Food. Ya' love to see it. Ya' love to hear it. Food. His favorite part about the day was any mealtime, he was just a glutton that wasn't fat because he could burn it all off by making a bunch of Biomass or you know, exercising. "Oooh! I love food! Mmm, I know this one small restaurant nearby. A lot of people from my class last year would hang there, and I know the owner's family, so we should maybe stop by there and grab a table for four!" He pointed in the general direction of it.

He wasn't sure wether they'd have something else in mind, but "festival and carnival food" fit more into snacks and dessert, not a full on dinner, so maybe they could head back to the festival for some caramel apples and such, but really, this WAS Caleb and Sam's idea, so he should just let those two lovebirds decide... Unless they really weren't? He actually didn't know for sure... He'd pull Caleb aside wherever they ended up for food.

=Nightshade=

Dakarai grinned back. “If I really needed to bust out some muscle, I’d let rip a pair of gorilla arms.” She frowned. “As soon as I figure out the average muscle mass of a silverback gorilla.” Laughing at Kureiji’s light punch, she flicked his ear playfully, then turned at the mention of food.

“Food?” Dakarai licked her lips in anticipation. “Something edible to insert into my systems through my... mouth hole, for lack of a scientific term... sounds good to me!” Noticing Caleb and Sam’s rather shy exchange, she blinked in confusion. Was she crazy, or did they definitely have something going on? Maybe I’ll ask Mom when I get home, she thought. I don’t know jack squat about romance.

Caleb nodded to Kureiji's suggestion, content to trust his friend's local knowledge. Dakarai seemed amiable to the suggestion, which just left Sam. Technically they had a majority in favor of this restaurant, but any reasonable person would try to make sure everyone was happy, and Caleb had a deeper stake in that than most.

He stepped over to Sam, his greater stature being all the more apparent for his proximity. His look down on her was gentle however, and he asked her plainly but with a smile "What do you think? I'd say that restaurant looks fine. Should be nice to sit down and relax a little." He was trying to keep a casual face, but that was hard if she made eye contact. Eye contact was hard for Caleb by default, but with Sam being his crush, it was no surprise it was hard for him to meet her dark eyes for long.

@Barefoot_Kittens

Sam watched the group light up at the mention of food, she giggled to herself before raising her brows at Caleb's question. That was an inquiry that she wasn't prepared for, despite the simplicity of it. Luckily for the girl, Kureiji was quick to react- it seemed food was often on his mind. A restaurant sounded like a perfect way to end the dat-DAY, it was just a day. Dakarai had an interesting way of describing her excitement, but it seemed like everyone was on board. Sam, who was sort of occupied with being entertained by her friend's happiness, forgot to voice her opinion. When Caleb came towards her, looked up with a smile. It really wasn't fair... the fact that he made her felt such a way, she wasn't intimidated and yet she couldn't bring herself to look anywhere but Caleb's blue eyes. It was like some sort of trap, and she knew that if she looked up at him she would be stuck staring. Still, it didn't take long for Caleb to break the eye contact, one of the many habits Sam had learned to smile at. "That sounds perfect." she said softly to Caleb before smiling at the others, the girl then shifted from the mellow voice she often used with Caleb and instead pumped a fist in the air as if she were imitating an army commander, "Lead the way Kureiji!" the girl called out with a grin.

Kureiji grinned at Sam telling him to lead the way, and pivoted on his left foot in the direction of the small restaurant/café (it's really one of those places that you can call one of the other and not get odd looks). "Onward, ladies and gent!" He said confidently, and as he began to walk, he just decided to... Talk. "My quirk takes an excess amount of energy, so eating has always been something that was important to maintain its power... And since I can easily get rid of the fat, obesity isn't really a problem for me, so I can pretty much eat all I want..." He said, explaining why he always seemed exited at every mealtime, wether that have been them observing him now, or possibly even at lunch hours during the U.A. School day.

"Anyway, I told y'all it was close! Here it is!" Tucked away in a smaller lot, that wasn't really an alley, but was not by any means a main road, as a small family-owned diner, with a quaint logo that suggested that this place... Was definitely free of any big corporate stain that might make anybody twinge. "Oh- ah- can I trust you lovely ladies to grab us some seats? I need to speak to Caleb about mAn tHinGs!" He said, obviously in a joking tone, but he really did just wanna talk to Caleb about... Well, things.

"Oh, also, Erm, Dakarai, mind setting my Funny Monkey down on this little desk thing in the far right corner? If anyone asks, just say that you're a friend of the Yaoyorozu's and they'll figure it out..." he handed her the stuffed animal in hopes that she'd do it, but completely understand if she wouldn't. It's not like she was his servant or anything, that would be shitty.

Miku's grin widened when his friend called him nice, despite hearing it every day (well... from himself).
"Oh, I know, thank you!" He quickly responded, taking the last bite out of his doughnut.
"Oops, sorry, didn't mean to keep you. I didn't know your parents were expecting you! We can continue some other time, maybe next week... or anytime, really..." He grabbed his hot chocolate mug and quickly drank it, a few drops running down his face. He put the mug down on the table and dabbed his mouth with a napkin. "Okay, well this was fun! Oh, waitress!..."

After they paid, the two exited the café.
"I had a good time, we should come here again some time!... once you develop deeper relationships with our classmates, of course, so you can report back to me! If you want to, that is." Miku smiled broadly at his new and sticky friend, happy to finally interact with someone more than just saying 'Hi'.
@Barefoot_Kittens

Last edited:
She rushed forward in her flight towards the school and made it in record time. She carefully landed Inanis's feet on the ground and then landed next to him, putting her wings back. She looked about and wasn't able to find their friend from earlier, only to see him come out from the brush. He seemed like he smacked something or got tripped up. She smirked and tried to keep her composure in check as she yelled out: "You okay?"

She checked the time and they were here on time with time to spare. She looked at Inanis and grabbed his arm to help guide him. "We should probably take you to the nurse's office first to see how your cuts are." She looked at Kishi and waved. "You need to go to the nurse's office, too?"

@DevVoid @RhythmThief

Caleb looked thoughtful as Kureiji made small talk. He hadn't thought about it before, but Kureiji DID eat a lot. And yet he could stay as thin as he wanted by using his Quirk. That was a blessing, one that many people would love to have.

But he was brought back to the real world when Kureiji spoke of him. He gave his classmate a somewhat puzzled look. "Man things? What does that mean? And why does he not want the girls to hear?" Caleb kept his thoughts to himself, and his puzzled look faded to a pleasant look as he decided he'd have to wait and learn what Kureiji meant. He smiled gently to the girls and said "This shouldn't take long. We'll be with you shortly."

@Barefoot_Kittens @Night's Shadow @Cryronn the Mudkip

Kureiji rambled the whole way to the restaurant, which Sam was glad for because his voice filled the air casually and a lot better than awkwardly trying to make small talk. The girl just passively smiled, going in an out of listening to Kureiji, her eyes wandered the fair as it was slowly closing down, before scanning each of her friends- spending extra long and Caleb but quickly looking away when he so much as turned his head. When the group arrived at the quaint restaurant, Sam smiled at the building "How cute." the girl commented before nearly drooling as the aroma of food from inside escaped out the door and teased the group. When Kureiji suddenly excused both girl, Sam's brows furrowed in confusion. The group hadn't split up at all during the day, why couldn't they enter together? The girl looked towards Dakarai to see the other female's reaction, but Caleb's voice soon caught her attention. Sam bit her lip, looking between the two males before she gave in with a smile, "Alright... come on Dakarai. Leave them to their 'man stuff'," sam huffed playfully before smiling. "Welcome to team girls, funny monkey." Sam commented towards the stuffed animal, opening the door for Dakarai before following her inside.

When Miku began chugging his drink, Ru chuckled and waved his hands in front of him. "Oh jeeze, don't worry about it." he said through his amused laughter eventually settling down enough to finish his own food and drink. As the pair exited the building, Ru nodded at Miku's departing words "I'll be sure to take mental notes for ya!" the taller boy smiled. "Thanks again for the help with the costume" Ru finally waved the other boy off, chuckling to himself as he recalled the events of the day. For the first time since joining the school, Ru was glad that he had stuck with UA rather than transferring out. It wasn't all fun, and he wasn't a fan of the work or losing, but he had some good friends at the schools- good people who he'd have missed out on if he didn't go there.

Last edited:
(A quick post to keep things moving)
Caleb watched the girls go inside ahead of the boys. He turned to Kureiji with a curious but serious look on his face. He folded his arms and started their conversation off "I confess that I'm not aware of any man stuff we need to talk about. Is there something you need to say to me?" He was aware his language was somewhat confrontational and moderated his tone. "I'm not trying to be rude, but if possible I'd like to make this quick." He jerked his head in the direction of the restaurant, where Sam and Dakarai were waiting.
@Cryronn the Mudkip

(I’m gonna assume Dakarai took funny monkey)

“Sorry, I’ll make this quick I suppose...” he said, knowing that it was kinda weird for him to be doing this, splitting up the group and such, but he just needed to talk with Caleb one on one. “So, it would’ve been allayed if I’d talked to you with the girls present, just because of what exactly I wanna ask you about but... You got a crush on Sam?” He asked simply.

“Like, I know you two blush and get all flustered around each other, and I might just be looking too much into this, but I really just wanna know. You don’t have to tell me if you don’t want to, but I won’t tell her anything, I swear.” He said, Trying to get more approachability. He wasn’t trying to make this awkward, he just wanted to know how his friend felt.

Caleb clenched his fists reflexively. He didn't realize he did it, because the little pigmentation his skin had drained further. If Kureiji suspected this, who else might?

Caleb realized he hadn't replied yet. He sighed a moment and glanced at the girls through the storefront mirror before returning his attention to the Green haired boy.

"I'd like you to keep this hush hush quiet for the time being, but... Yes. Yes I do. She's... Really sweet. She let me hold her in my arms. She's not afraid of me... That means a lot to me." He stared at his hands, which he clenched and unclenched as though palsied. He cut himself off suddenly, realizing he may have said more than he should've. He fixed Kureiji with a fragile smile and asked "You don't think she feels the same way, do you?"

After listening to Kureiji's reply, he motioned towards the girls "I think we'd better go in." He sat down next to Sam and said "Sorry about that. Anyways, let's enjoy a good meal!" He ordered squid sushi, which he'd never had before, professing curiosity about its taste.

When the food arrived, his face turned solemn, he bowed his head and folded his hands. "Heavenly Father, thank you for this joyous day, when we got to enjoy each other's company, and now settle down to eat in fellowship. Bless this food, and give us strength as we pursue the high calling of standing up for justice. In your glorious name, Amen." He prayed without regard for distractions. He heard other people talking around him, and ignored them. When he finished, he looked up with a gentle smile on his face and said "Let's eat!"

@Cryronn the Mudkip @Night's Shadow @Barefoot_Kittens

Last edited: